• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Justice No More (DC RP)

The taxi finally reached Allen's apartment. He payed the fee, got out, and walked up the steps to his new home.
New home.
It would be hard to consider this his home, of course. His home is his temple. But, he supposed that perhaps this meant he'd have to do his best to make this small, three room apartment his temple.
He opened the door, looking at the empty space. All that resided in it was a dirty kitchen and a lonely couch, sitting in the plain room.
He kneeled on the floor in front of a window, bag in front of him. He began to unpack it, pulling out the two pairs of clothes he owned (other than the one on his body) and setting them to his right. He took the weapons, and carefully set those to the left.
Finally, all that left was the money. It wasn't a bad sum- Around 50,000. People were always generous with the temple, and when the temple became no more, Allen managed to get a hold of the money.

• annie_mei_nycc_promo_portrait_by_dctb-d81c1q1.jpg

CELESTE GRAYSONSTARWING
    SHE FELT Jessica flinch, frowning slightly. Sighing, she only pulled her in closer, hugging the life out of her. She hated seeing her closest companion like this, hoping that smothering her in love would make her somewhat happy.

Pulling away reluctantly, the blue eyed girl claimed she was fine. The corners of Celestes lips tugged down as her emerald gaze searched Jessica's. "The developments don't matter at the moment.. You do." The eccentric haired woman never broke contact with her, worry but warmth dancing across her eyes. "You better not be lying to me Jess.. We're supposed to tell eachother everything, remember?" Celeste spoke softly.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Jessica felt her back crack as Celeste gave her a squeeze, but she didn't mind. Celeste's way of showing love was much different than her own, but different did not mean bad. It was nice, and Jessica relaxed a tad. "It's just.... hard to get over, you know? I mean, losing one set of parents is hard enough, right? But two?" She sighed, then shrugged. "I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be okay. I've bounced back once, I can do it again." Geez, that sounded Macabre. Really dark and depressing. Good job. "Really though, I'm here for you."
She was being as honest as she could without hopefully worrying Celeste. Much like Nightwing and his mentor, the Batman, she mostly just hid her emotions from everyone. Celeste knew bits about her past, but not everything. She knew about Jess's parents' murder, and that Jess was in human trafficking, but not much else. Jess didn't want her to know. Especially not right now. What Celeste needed wasn't Jessica's problems, it was comfort and moral support.

Red X watched the Plastic Man take the goggles back off of him, chuckling somewhat as he threatened him. Cracking his fingers, he watched as a smaller version of the so called hero idolized the elastic incarnation of an idiot. "Doesn't go with my outfit?" He replied, walking into the kitchen like he owned the place, opening the fridge and looking through it, mumbling as he pushed a bottle to the side; Red X found nothing, and so let out a small sigh, turning away and kicking the fridge shut behind him.

"Who said I wanted to wear 'em?" He inquired before vanishing and reappearing next to Eddie. Then, he smirked, snatching the goggles once more before teleporting out the window. "Watch it kid, you don't know who you could be messing with." He jumped up and grabbed the metal scaffolding, flipping himself onto the rooftop before running to the end and jumping to the next building.

Once he landed, he turned and waited, placing the goggles on his belt. "Chop chop, old man." Retorted the thief out loud.
sitanomoto sitanomoto
"Hey!" Eddie said as Red X snatched the goggles back.
"Ed, stand back, but be sure to follow me. I could use your help." Patrick said, backing to the other side of the room before running and jumping out the open window, arms stretching and grabbing the balcony, bending backwards in ways no human arms should be able to, sproinging onto the roof behind Red X. "Who are you calling 'old'?" He said with a chuckle. His hair glinted in the sin like some really shiny black rubber. "I'll have you know, grasshopper, that I am in mint condition!"
There was a comical, cartoonish Ba-BOING! Sound as Eddie bounced to the rooftop, his bottom half curled into a spring shape. He backflip-bounced over Red X, grabbing the goggles back with a triumphant "Yoink!" his legs uncurling and returning to normal as he landed. "Ah-ah-ah, not so fast. C'mon, you should know better, you gotta watch yourself."

Last edited:

CELESTE GRAYSONSTARWING
    SHE FELT Jessica flinch, frowning slightly. Sighing, she only pulled her in closer, hugging the life out of her. She hated seeing her closest companion like this, hoping that smothering her in love would make her somewhat happy.

Pulling away reluctantly, the blue eyed girl claimed she was fine. The corners of Celestes lips tugged down as her emerald gaze searched Jessica's. "The developments don't matter at the moment.. You do." The eccentric haired woman never broke contact with her, worry but warmth dancing across her eyes. "You better not be lying to me Jess.. We're supposed to tell eachother everything, remember?" Celeste spoke softly.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
"Merely observing me? Would you mind me asking why?" Jamie asked, turning to face the new Catwoman. He wasn't unsettled. He was just.. he was a bit curious, is all. I mean, everyone knew Catwoman. But why was she setting her sights on him, a new hero with little promise?

Red X watched as the plastic family followed him, simply smirking under the mask once the child had taken back what was rightfully his. "You're giving me a lecture kid?" He waited for a reply before rolling his eyes, jumping into the air and spinning around, throwing a kick out towards the heroes head. "X marks the spot, tough guy. You should have learnt from the old man to keep an eye on your opponent. Keep up."

Jumping off the building, he turned to face back up at the two before opening his palms, pushing them together and firing an X at the edge of the rooftop. A few seconds later, the X blew up, sending rubble flying down to the civilians below. A few screams could be heard as a child fell over, dropping his toy and crawling over to it, not noticing the shadow that was growing bigger around him. "What's it gonna be, hero? Me or them?" He suddenly vanished into thin air and left the two alone.
sitanomoto sitanomoto

cR7utmn.png

The Phantom
Time: Night
Place: The Gotham Dock
Characters with: Green Lantern Offcier Imrae Khan

"- That would be helpful. I would need to approach them."

Phantom said. He touched the handler of his sword mildly after hearing Imrae's words about his sword. He spoke after a moment of reluctance.

"- Unnecessary, officer. I also need to question them."

That being said, in different situation he's afraid that he would disappointed officer Khan. He doesn't have any kind of moral code, like batman or all of his friends. If the situation is needed, he would have to wield his blade to end one's life, like it or not. Thought about that, he just hoped that when something like that come, officer Khan would oppose him.

As Phantom signaled, the two charged down the site. Phantom rushed into the criminals while the green shield created by The Green Lantern protected him from potential shot from the gangster bullets.

"- Look boss! Somebody's here!"

The gangster noticed about the approach of the vigilante but it's too late. The masked swordsman rushed to side delivered a hard fist to the gangster chin before knocked him off the ground with the sword's handler. He kept his head up, there're more to take care of. He held his sword strongly, as he focus, something started to happen, another two clones of the Phantom appeared behind two other gangster and took them down.

"- It's the Phantom! Shoot! Shoot!"

Immediately after the order, machine gun started to spray all over the green light that shielded over Phantom. The shield was shaken but he was not worry so much, instead he looked at Green Lantern.

"- Green Lantern watch out! Machine guns!"

Phantom stayed behind the green shield, he tried to create more clones to spread the gangster attention else. The clones started to move, lowered the heat that aimed to the Phantom himself. When the criminals had to reload, the swordsman saw his chance as he and many of his clones charged up and destroyed all the guns. The Phantom himself drawn his sword out of it's shell, with just one cut, Phantom cut a machine gun by half like hot knife to a piece of butter. With the criminals unarmed, they were pretty easy to handle by both the Phantom and the Green Lantern.

"- I will go check on their cargo."

After finish clearing all the thug, Phantom said to the Green Lantern Corps officer before moved toward the cargo. There're indeed weapons inside, but only small number of machine guns, rifles and hand guns.

"- I don't believe this. This is too less of weapon to go through such risk. Whatever this is, it's a trap, a distraction."

He understood too well the weapon trades between criminals. Nobody would ordered just a small number of weapons.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

PP22e0N.png

Don Vinci
Place: Vinci's Lounge, Diamond District
Characters with:

Don Vinci was just enjoying his dinner in his dining room. Sat along him were his consigliere and underboss, who're both older than him yet he didn't care much for their age. He was just about to enjoy a sip of a Chianti red wine, his favorite, before someone walked into the room.

"- Don Vinci. I've lost contact with our people in the Dock. Seem like our trade has been busted."

The messenger was a little scared when he told Don Vinci that. He's afraid that he would be on the receiving end of the young Don's rage. But Don Vinci just smiled mildly. He was satisfied that everything had gone as he planned.

"- It's ok. It's just a distraction. The real deal happened someplace else."

Both of his consigliere and underboss were surprised, they hadn't heard about this other deal that were taking place somewhere else.

"- Don Vinci. Why I haven't heard about all this ?" - His consigliere asked.

"- Because I wanted to leak something else out for the pretty boy to smell."

He smirked. He used "pretty boy" when he's talking about the Phantom. Strong, skillful and smart, the Phantom was one of his favorite opponent.

"- You old men don't have to worry about anything else. The real deal should probably be done by now... Our man should wrap it up pretty quickly."

The "real" deal as he spoke happened in the Blackgate, where he sent someone else more capable than a few thug to take care of it. The same time his plan to distract the Phantom to the Dock prove to be successful. Don Vinci maybe young but people would be deadly wrong if they misjudge him for a fool.

Last edited:
The Jester
Vinci's lounge, Diamond District

"Alright boys, I want you to stay out here with your guns ready. Don't shoot until I give otherwise...we wouldn't want to give our little baby a heart attack now would we?" The Jester skipped around her goons, tracing a finger around their necks and down their backs as she hummed to herself, her green hair bouncing up and down with her jacket following. "Good! Now that we got that all set, make sure you gun for me guys." With a wink a quiet laugh, she grabbed her crowbar and placed a flower that secreted Joker Venom next to her chest and began to hum once more, skipping into the lounge as if she owned the place.

"Excuse me sir..." She asked one of the body guards who were guarding the room with their crime boss in, looking up at his eyes and batting her eyelashes. "Would you like to sniff my flower? I got it fresh from Gotham's best flower store." Pushing her chest out to make the flower seem even more tempting, the guards exchanged looks of confusion before the nearest one nodded reluctantly, leaning down and closing his eyes as he sniffed the air. Suddenly, a green gas flew out of the fake plant and up the man's nose.

"You wanna hear a joke?" Jester then asked the other guard, turning away from the one who was trying to fight off the smile, failing the battle. "Where do birds hang out...?" Revealing the crowbar from behind her back, she swung the metal rod, the sharp end piercing the body guards skin causing blood to splatted against the window. "A crowbar!" The Jester and the venom infected guard suddenly began to laugh uncontrollably, the tall muscular man falling besides his dead comrade as tears began to form, his muscles in his face in a spasm as he formed the widest, most creepy grin possible. "Hmm...good reception tonight. Daddy always told me that was The Killing Joke."
Sopranos Sopranos

Deathstroke
Running along rooftops, grappling alone, Slade wilson smiled. It was almost ironic. At humanity's lowest point, HE of all people was accepted by the world at large. Lieutenant General Slade Wilson of the United States Army's new Special Activities Division... he felt a strange pride to be back with the organization who had made him the man he was. The grapple, too, was irony. He had worked it into his fighting style but had never considered using it for transportation... none the less the time to dwell on this irony was not now. He had to build up the SAD, to restore order, and he had the assets required to do just that. After a while, he came across a ruined building with two people sitting on an exposed edge. As he neared, he recognized one of them was wearing the Catwoman suit. He got mad, he hated the fact that new idiots were dressing up as those who had fallen in defense of the planet. He swung up to them and was about to start yelling when he stopped. Once he got a good look at her face, he knew immediately that this must be the Batman's daughter. The two men had spent a deal of time together during the fight against Darkseid. Deathstroke had expected Batman's identity for some time, before Wayne himself confirmed it during that struggle. The two had spoken a surprising amount, and even bonded during the fighting. Slade had been there when the Batman lost his life, and had mourned him with the other surviving heroes. His eyes fell firmly upon her "I am.... sorry. About what happened to your father." He removed his helmet, holding it in his arm and revealing his face, the eyepatch still over his bad eye. "I was there when he died... his sacrafice was not in vain, and he died well. His loss is truly a great one for the world." He was trying to be as consoling as he could, and he figured he was doing surprisingly well
(hope you two don't mind me butting in) uwupolice uwupolice Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Imrae nodded pretending not to notice the moment of hesitation from the Phantom. She realised this use of non lethal force was the exception with the vigilante and not the rule. She was not one who believed that the death penalty had no place in justice especially for those villains who refuse to reform. However indiscriminate killing even of criminals with no vetting or due is no different than regular murder and can be slippery path to villainy. She felt the two of thm are going to have difficulties in the future.

She set those thought out of her mind for a moment as their small operation began, forming with her ring a green kite shield in the front of them as they charged them. As the phantom''s clones attack she switched from protecting the two of the, to swinging the shield around like a flail, knocking aside the gangsters with considerable ease. The bullets barely dented her shield, some richoset and hit some of their colleges. The machine gun though was a different story, the force of the bullets and their sear number made her pause and redouble her efforts in keeping the shield up. Soon tho most of the gangsters were knocked out, ran away or surrendered.

She frowned at the news. "What is the distraction for? A larger more dangerous shipment or some other event all together?"she asked curiously and concerned.

Deathstroke
Running along rooftops, grappling alone, Slade wilson smiled. It was almost ironic. At humanity's lowest point, HE of all people was accepted by the world at large. Lieutenant General Slade Wilson of the United States Army's new Special Activities Division... he felt a strange pride to be back with the organization who had made him the man he was. The grapple, too, was irony. He had worked it into his fighting style but had never considered using it for transportation... none the less the time to dwell on this irony was not now. He had to build up the SAD, to restore order, and he had the assets required to do just that. After a while, he came across a ruined building with two people sitting on an exposed edge. As he neared, he recognized one of them was wearing the Catwoman suit. He got mad, he hated the fact that new idiots were dressing up as those who had fallen in defense of the planet. He swung up to them and was about to start yelling when he stopped. Once he got a good look at her face, he knew immediately that this must be the Batman's daughter. The two men had spent a deal of time together during the fight against Darkseid. Deathstroke had expected Batman's identity for some time, before Wayne himself confirmed it during that struggle. The two had spoken a surprising amount, and even bonded during the fighting. Slade had been there when the Batman lost his life, and had mourned him with the other surviving heroes. His eyes fell firmly upon her "I am.... sorry. About what happened to your father." He removed his helmet, holding it in his arm and revealing his face, the eyepatch still over his bad eye. "I was there when he died... his sacrafice was not in vain, and he died well. His loss is truly a great one for the world." He was trying to be as consoling as he could, and he figured he was doing surprisingly well
(hope you two don't mind me butting in) uwupolice uwupolice Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
Tarot turned his head to see the familiar orange and black armored mercenary, and internally scowled. He had remembered the villain from old Justice League news reports, especially the one image of him taking on the entire JLA.
hqdefault.jpg
"Wheel of Fortune." He whispered under his breath, drawing the card behind his back. While he was at it, he was gonna know what these two were gonna do. He might be able to trust Catwoman, but he knew better than to blindly trust someone such as Slade Wilson.
(Your move, Lordvader59 Lordvader59 you have gotta tell me what Patchy's motive is, if he has one.)
RWS_Tarot_10_Wheel_of_Fortune.jpg

(He doesn't really. He just happened upon you two and I outlined his motive for approaching in my last post. You can sense that he's trying to... build something though)

(He doesn't really. He just happened upon you two and I outlined his motive for approaching in my last post. You can sense that he's trying to... build something though)
(Cool. Still your post, though. Also, I'm just making him be kinda cautious.)

Ser Crawford of Tilmere

The GCPD building had taken a few hits during the invasion, but was slowly being rebuilt. Officers in SWAT gear patrolled the outside, protecting the builders. They looked up at Emma as she approached, preparing to fire only to lower their firearms as she touched down, carrying the wounded officer.
"Your comrade needs medical attention." Emma spoke "Four orange fiends cornered him."

Two officers took him from Emma's arms, carrying him inside.
"What happened to those...Fiends?" The SWAT officer asked
"They're lying in an alleyway, unconcious. If you want I can retrieve them for you."

Emma flew upwards and within moments returned carrying the four criminals, setting their unconcious bodies down in front of the police station.

"Thank God. For a second there I thought you were one of those vigilanties."
"I am a Knight of Tilmere. I will not fill your streets with blood."
"Good. Last thing we need right now is a bunch of Batman wanabees going around killing everyone who breaks the law." The SWAT officer sighed "The Bat knew how this city worked."
"Your city is without it's Dark Knight, yet I am not here to replace him. I was meerly, how do you say it passing through?"
"If you want to help, maybe there is one other thing you can do."
"Go on." Emma folded her arms
"Arkham Asylum was hit during the invasion, but we haven't really had the chance to check it out. We're re-taking the city one block at a time. Haven't reached that part yet. A lot of us are paranoid that...He might still be alive."
"Who?" Emma asked
"You're not from around here, are you?" The SWAT officer asked
"I was born in your dark ages. I was taken in by the Amazons of Themiscara. This is only my third time in Gotham this century."

The SWAT officer sighed heavily "So, have you heard of The Joker or not?"
"Ah. The pale Jester, he who's source of laughter is the suffering of others. Unfortunetley I have heard of him. You and your fellow law soldiers fear that he might still draw breath."
"Somethin' like that."
"And if he is alive..."
"Make sure he can't hurt anyone, but I'm not going to give you a free pass if you kill him."

Emma nodded and took off, flying towards Arkham Asylum. It, like the majority of the city had taken a hit. A large, gaping hole was in the middle of the building while bodies of SWAT offiers lay outside, having made a final stand against Darksied's forces. They had to make sure that Darksied couldn't get in, but nothing could get out.

Stepping over the bodies of Parademons, Emma walked through the front doors. The asylum had fallen into dissaray. She looked throught the records, now in the form of books as the computers had been taken by looters and found the cell belonging to the Clown Prince. With a sigh, she approached it.

The cell doors were open, a side-effect of both the power and emergency back-up power failing. While some Parademons had made their way inside, their bodies lay in a pile on the floor. His cell, like the others was open but also empty. Emma walked inside, finding a playing card sitting on the bed. Aisde from that, the room was empty.

(leaving the fate of the Joker ambiguous in case there are plans Vsland Vsland )
~Backslash~
Erin Bennevides hummed an overly cheerful tune as he walked through the halls of Arkham, several blood Minions shlepping along, leaving trails of red liquid wherever they walked, eyes glowing white amongst the Crimson.
He heard the clanking of armor, holding up his hand to the Minions behind him. They stopped as he listened, hearing the footsteps down a different hall. He motioned forwards, and they continued along, more quietly this time. Turning a corner, he spotted a woman with flowing blonde hair and large metallic-looking wings. Erin took and deep breath. Imagine what he could do with wing bones of that size!! His Minions dissipated as he walked out, forming puddles of blood that he stepped through, tracking blood through the hall. There was a dried red handprint on his jacket, probably from his last victim. But she wouldn't know that, hopefully.
"Hey.... you lost, sweetheart?"he asked, leaning on the doorway of the Cell Emma was in. "What's a nice girl like you, with wings like that, doing in a place like this?"
I beg your pardon for the pixellation, but this was the closest I could find to what I had imagined in my head.
sjjeK5o.gif
Kinda cute, huh?

Ser Crawford of Tilmere

"My heart may be in the right place, traveler, but it is not sweet.." Emma replied sternly, unflattered by his remarks. She stretched out her wings as she spoke, making herself look even bigger "What brings you to this former house of madness, and why are you covered in blood?" She smelled the air "Fresh blood. I hope for your sake it was a beast that you meerly fought off, or perhaps a criminal who tried to kill you." She still spoke in the same, stern tone "It would be unwise to lie to a Knight, especially one as ancient as myself. So speak the truth."

sitanomoto sitanomoto

PP22e0N.png

Valentino Vinci
Place: Vinci's Lounge, Diamond District
Characters with: The Jester

"- What ?! She what ?! Wait there I'm out right away."

Tino replied to the doorman with a little laughter. He was always excited to see this person whenever he get a chance. He heard about stories about this person, the Jester, daughter of the legendary prince of crime. That's tittle no longer belong to the Joker, but he had to give his praising to such man.

As he walked toward the door, something already happened. One of his men was beaten down to death, the other was laughing uncontrollably. Looking toward the crowbar in her hand and the signature flower in her chest, he understood right away. Despite, he walked toward her, raised a smile and felt calm though in a moment he remembered that he's not armed right now and totally empty handed.

"- Oh my, not again miss Jester, you broke one of my doorman again. Now I have to fix him."

Tino said as he walked toward the already beaten guard and searched his waist. He found a Smith & Wesson revolver, not his favorite but it would probably do the job. He took out his handkerchief to clean the gun a little bit before raised it to the head of the laughing man.

*BAM*

The sound of a revolver was always unpleasing for him as it's too loud. The bullet went through his skull and left a hole bleeding. As a former assassin, he always knew where to shoot that the blood wouldn't get to him. The laughing man lied dead on the front door of his lounge.

"- I guess he cant be fixed then... Anyway, Miss Jester, it's a joy to have you here. You want to go inside, we spent an evening ? I'll pop up a bottle of Sassicaia 1985, my only one and single, just for you ?"

Tino himself spoke in a gentle and sweet voice. Any lady he knew would've fall for it already. But he knew this's not one of them.

Vsland Vsland

Ser Crawford of Tilmere

"My heart may be in the right place, traveler, but it is not sweet.." Emma replied sternly, unflattered by his remarks. She stretched out her wings as she spoke, making herself look even bigger "What brings you to this former house of madness, and why are you covered in blood?" She smelled the air "Fresh blood. I hope for your sake it was a beast that you meerly fought off, or perhaps a criminal who tried to kill you." She still spoke in the same, stern tone "It would be unwise to lie to a Knight, especially one as ancient as myself. So speak the truth."

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Erin took a sweeping bow. "I apologize," he said, standing up straight and approaching Emma. "I meant no offense." She noticed the blood. Crap. Oh well, might as well come slightly clean. "Truth be told, Miss, I was just stopping by, picking up a few items that no one is using, Foraging, if you will, when I heard your footsteps and became curious." He had made a complete circle of Emma Crawford as if inspecting her. "Fantastic bone structure," he said, as if cataloging her features, "strong jaw.... not a bit peakish." He stood in front of her like a connoisseur of fine art, his hands on his hips. "I do not mean to pry, as it is not my business to know such things, but are those magnificent wings real? I have never come across a person with wings before!" He sounded fascinated and rather like a child as he circled her once more. If one were to read a little bit more into his movements, they would find an almost predatory manner, like a tiger circling its prey and sizing up how best to take it down. His eyes, while curious, matched this, as they were hungry-looking.

CELESTE GRAYSONSTARWING
    'IT'S JUST Hard to get over, you know? I mean, losing one set of parents is hard enough, right? But two?' Her best friend sighed out, Celeste gently rubbing one of the shoulders she had shrugged. Celeste was trying to be as optimistic as she could, but her reassuring smile broke slightly when Jessica mentioned her biological parents. She had heard the brutal carnage that had ensued and the further hell the younger girl went through. The sheltered girl couldn't imagine going through that and didn't know if she could even survive that without being utterly broken. Thats why she admired Jessica so much and why she was going to hand leadership over to her.

Celeste was pulled back from her thoughts when Jessica began speaking again. "I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be okay. I've bounced back once, I can do it again."
    At that, she scoffed and acted as if she were offended. "What do you mean I can't worry about you? I'll worry about you all I want." She joked, dropping the facade with a smile. "No, but seriously. I'm glad you can 'bounce back', but you're like a little sister to me. I can't just ditch my worries and feelings towards you." She stated, nudging her slightly with her elbow. "Since you're here for me and I'm here for you, I say that we take a break and get pizza." She grinned, earning her addiction from Beast boy and Cyborg.

sitanomoto sitanomoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathstroke
He shook his head "I was... not there to see your mother's fall. Though I heard she too died well, and with honor. I never said I had a clean record, nor that I will have one from here on out. I simply started with your father because I... grew closer to him in the weeks before his death, and I saw him die."

blue_kryptonite_s_2_by_kalel7-d51r5da.png

Calvin Johnson
(Superman)

Oludvai Gorge, Tanzania

330px-Olduvai_Gorge_or_Oldupai_Gorge.jpg

The Geological Strata formation of Olduvai Gorge. The location where many researchers and anthropologist theorize as an originating point for an ancient hominid ancestor species, Homo habilis, perhaps the earliest recorded evidence of human findings.

This site places the earliest recorded human-like ancestor some 3-million years prior to the discovery of Lucy. These grounds, a proverbial cradle of human existence had also served as home to one such wayward extraterrestrial.

Following the Apocalypse crisis and the death of the first Man of Steel, Val-Zod made a conscious decision to remove himself from western society, he sought refuge in Africa. He wanted to learn about humans. He needed an answer to a question he'd been struggling with his entire young life. Are humans worth saving? Calvin wasn't like Clark, far from it, his experience in America had taught him invaluable and sometimes bitter lessons, When Clark approached him at the prospect of joining the league, he refused with a sort of ambivalence...There was a lot of unrest, in his mind he was a conscientious objector... while the league did a lot of good work, he didn't want to be a symbol of justice in an unjust society. His idea of justice was more grassroots. He had doubts that the world could receive him.

Val--Calvin Johnson the Archeologist spent the better half of a month exploring the formations, learning the lay of the land and becoming a local, he would make Olduvai Gorge his personal sanctuary where he could reflect in solitude. Not just there... Ethiopia, South Africa, Morocco, The Congo, he spent time throughout the continent, not necessarily as a superhero but doing work that was needed.

In the time he spent there he'd grown quite a few inches of neckbeard. Val-Zod emerged from the maw of the Gorge, dawn's early light greeting him, galvanizing his super-dermal battery. His hidden masterpiece already completed. He felt stronger here than anywhere else..despite the recent climate changes. His musculature flexed amidst the sunlight. Perhaps now would be a good time to pay a visit to the good Doctor.

Last edited:
cR7utmn.png

The Phantom
Place: The Gotham Dock
Characters with: Green Lantern Offcier Imrae Khan

"- Yea. Probably. They turned our attention to this location while something bigger is happening somewhere else. "

The Phantom's already able to narrow his option on who's behind this. But he needed to make sure a few thing. He walked toward a thug that he just knocked out a few minutes ago. In a moment, he stopped as he remembered the appearance of Green Lantern was something he should aware of. He turned his attention to her.

"- Officer Khan... I'm gonna do a little interrogating, and we're gonna speak in "Gotham". And it's may not be something that you want to see..."

As he said, Phantom brought the man to a nearby warehouse, he didn't look back to see if the Green Lantern's gonna follow him or not. This's her choice, let's hope she wouldn't regret it.

If the GL decided to observe the Phantom interrogating the criminal he had captured, she would saw inside the warehouse was completely empty, with only a chair in the middle, on the chair was the thug. Surrounded thug were 4 duplicates of the Phantom, walking in a circle.

"- You're gonna tell us who're working for..." - All 4 spoke at the same time. The voice of the Phantom was also changed to a heavier and darker tone. The mix of 4 voices speaking at the same time along with the new heavier and more intimidating voice tone made it sounded horrifying.

The thug was just woke up from the recent knocked out and still trying to define his situation. Without waiting for too long, one clone from the left thrown a fist right at his face. The punch was not hard enough to knock him out again, it's hurtful yet kept him awake. The unexpected pain made the thug panic

"- Please Phantom! If I do he'll kill me! I have a family, a daughter. Let me go, I promise I'll quit crime from now on."

"- Wrong answer..."

Without saying much words another right hand came to the thug's face from another clone of the Phantom.

"- If you love your family you shouldn't let them waiting for you much longer... Tell me what I need to know... before they cant even recognize you."

"- I cant! Please let me go!"

"- Very well..."

And then everything happened in the room turned into something worse. This was something Phantom warned the Green Lantern about, the "Gotham" language. All 4 duplicates of the Phantom started to beat the weaker man in the chair with their fist. Punches were thrown from every angles continuously as the thug was defenseless and suffered. Soon enough teeth were broken and dropped to the floor along with blood on Phantom's gloves, but they didn't take it any slower.

"- You want more... I got more, that's only 10 minutes..."

"- No more! Please! No more! I work for the man called the Caesar! That's all I know. We worked with him through a phone, I've never seen him. That's all I know, I swear on my kid."

The Caesar. He was right, it's from Valentino Vinci, one of the biggest crime boss in town and so far one of his biggest opponent. The Caesar was already one step ahead of Phantom. As he received the answer he'd been waiting for, all 4 of his duplicates disappeared, the Phantom walked to the door.

"- If I ever see you on the street again... You'll get the rest of it"

He turned his attention to the Green Lantern as he walked outside.

"- Oh you're still here... I've finished my work here. Now is there anything I can help the Green Lantern Corp before I leave ?"

Now he could, he asked the Green Lantern the question that he wasn't able to ask before :"Why is she here in Gotham ?"

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Erin took a sweeping bow. "I apologize," he said, standing up straight and approaching Emma. "I meant no offense." She noticed the blood. Crap. Oh well, might as well come slightly clean. "Truth be told, Miss, I was just stopping by, picking up a few items that no one is using, Foraging, if you will, when I heard your footsteps and became curious." He had made a complete circle of Emma Crawford as if inspecting her. "Fantastic bone structure," he said, as if cataloging her features, "strong jaw.... not a bit peakish." He stood in front of her like a connoisseur of fine art, his hands on his hips. "I do not mean to pry, as it is not my business to know such things, but are those magnificent wings real? I have never come across a person with wings before!" He sounded fascinated and rather like a child as he circled her once more. If one were to read a little bit more into his movements, they would find an almost predatory manner, like a tiger circling its prey and sizing up how best to take it down. His eyes, while curious, matched this, as they were hungry-looking.

"No, these wings are not part of my body if that's what you mean. They are part of my armour...As for the blood, I can't arrest you for looting considering the circumstances the planet's in." She spoke in a stern tone, Emma could only smell that the blood was fresh, she had no idea that it might belong to someone else. She took notice of how his eyes looked, hungry. She gripped her sword, preparing herself for this looter to strike.
"I am here as a favour from the GCPD." She explained "Are you the only person in this Asylum?" She asked suspiciously

Professor Flare

Having drilled through the rubble, Flare and the group of primates and bears that followed him wandered through the sub-basement of Lexcorp. He smiled as he walked towards a dust-covered machine.
"Is that?" A gorilla asked
"Luthor's emergency teleporter, yes." Flare replied "With a power source being run from our base to here, we can set up a route between here and another city in the United States. This thing used to be able to jump entire continents, but seeing as how this entire city took a beating, it won't be able to do that for a very long time... So we start with another American city. From there we can reach out to more animals in need...As well as punish those who seek to harm them!" He shouted, turning towards a gorilla "Pick a city, my friend. In honour of the big news!"
"Gotham."
"Gotham?" The Professor asked "Lexcorp did have a facility or two there, before Batman shut them down. We could move in there. There's one at the docks."
"Flare, how do you know so much about this teleporter?" Another gorilla asked
"I helped design a part of this one. I know how it works. Saw the blueprints." He explained with a grin

He approached the teleporter and began to punch in coordinates "See you on the other side, my friends." He smiled, giving them a bow before walking through the teleporter.

When he arrived on the other side, Flare's head was buzzing.
"Oh god, there's the temporal after-effect." He muttered "Never quite got that fixed."

Flare stood in an empty warehouse, a decayed Lexcorp logo staring back at him. He looked around before peaking back through the portal.
"I'm going to scout out the area." He called "If you don't hear from me within the hour, assume the worst."

Walking outside, he reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a handfull of modified honeybees, throwing them into the air.
"Scan the local area." He ordered, folding his arms "Everything within a twenty-mile radius. Report back if you find anything suspicious, threatening or anything we can use for our operation. Understood? Good."

He walked back inside as his swarm of bees flew into the night sky of Gotham, splitting off into different directions as they started to partrol the city.

Allen picks up the metal collapsable staff, which is only about ten inches long, and puts it in his coat pocket. He stood up, put the clothes on top of the suitcase containing the cash, and set the suitcase next to the couch.
He headed for the door, deciding a walk in the moonlight would be refreshing. He had been sitting in an airplane for fifteen hours, and he could use the fresh air... Not to mention, being outside meant that as long as he stayed away from other people, he had free reign to get a electrical, a luxury which could not be afforded in an airplane.
He began walking down the street, which was desolate, thank god. He closed his eyes, letting a tingling, crackling wave of electricity pour out from his chest and fill his arms. The electricity jumped off into the surrounding air from his hands, making little pops in the air. He smiled slightly, feeling the tension leave his body with the electricity.

Allen picks up the metal collapsable staff, which is only about ten inches long, and puts it in his coat pocket. He stood up, put the clothes on top of the suitcase containing the cash, and set the suitcase next to the couch.
He headed for the door, deciding a walk in the moonlight would be refreshing. He had been sitting in an airplane for fifteen hours, and he could use the fresh air... Not to mention, being outside meant that as long as he stayed away from other people, he had free reign to get a electrical, a luxury which could not be afforded in an airplane.
He began walking down the street, which was desolate, thank god. He closed his eyes, letting a tingling, crackling wave of electricity pour out from his chest and fill his arms. The electricity jumped off into the surrounding air from his hands, making little pops in the air. He smiled slightly, feeling the tension leave his body with the electricity.

A group of three honeybees flew overhead, a part of the swarm that had been attracted by the electricity. To the untrained eye, they appeared as normal bees but upon closer inspection one could tell that they were different, modified by some kind of cybernetics. One flew just behind Allen, studying him closley but avoiding the electrical pops.

Being carried across the city towards Allen's location by a large swarm of honeybees was Professor Flare himself, touching down on top of a building he viewed Allen through his goggles, zooming in on him.
"A Metahuman that produces electricity." He muttered under his breath "Could be useful." He tapped his left ear "About to make contact with a Metahuman. Be ready to move in on this location." He ordered "Do not engage unless I give the signal."

Using his anti-gravity boots, Flare ran to the ground and touched down in an alleyway. He made himself known to Allen by whistling a merry tune.

Allen looked over his shoulder as he hears the tune, ceasing all electrical activity in a split-second, while his movements remain calm and fluid. "Hm?"
Allen takes in the strangely dressed man, wondering if he should ask him if he's attending a costumed event of some sort.
He looked forward and continued walking, deciding to leave the man to his business, however peculiar it may be.
The Mad Queen The Mad Queen

Red X watched as the plastic family followed him, simply smirking under the mask once the child had taken back what was rightfully his. "You're giving me a lecture kid?" He waited for a reply before rolling his eyes, jumping into the air and spinning around, throwing a kick out towards the heroes head. "X marks the spot, tough guy. You should have learnt from the old man to keep an eye on your opponent. Keep up."

Jumping off the building, he turned to face back up at the two before opening his palms, pushing them together and firing an X at the edge of the rooftop. A few seconds later, the X blew up, sending rubble flying down to the civilians below. A few screams could be heard as a child fell over, dropping his toy and crawling over to it, not noticing the shadow that was growing bigger around him. "What's it gonna be, hero? Me or them?" He suddenly vanished into thin air and left the two alone.
sitanomoto sitanomoto
"OUCH!" Eddie exclaimed as Red X's foot left a footprint dent in his face.

"What's it gonna be, hero? Me or them?"

Eddie didn't hesitate. He jumped off the building and rolled on the ground, stretching out his arms and grabbing the child (and the toy) out of the path of the falling rubble. "Hey there, pal!" He said. "You oughtta be more careful, you could get hurt!" The child grabbed his finger and Ed smiled. "You are so cute!" He whispered, tickling the kid in the side, earning a giggle and a happy coo.
Patrick was just as quick, stretching himself out to form a tarp-like rubber covering from the civilians, rubble bouncing off of his back like a trampoline.
Unfortunately one of the stray pieces of rubble (a small one, thank goodness) hit Eddie square in the face, causing him to nearly fall over.
The child laughed and Eddie raised an eyebrow at the kid, but grinned good-naturedly. "Aw hey now, I like to crack jokes, but that wasn't all that funny!"
A woman ran over to Eddie. "Oh my god, thank you! Thank you so much! My baby is safe.... thank you! Thank you both!"
She hugged Ed, and Patrick who had walked over.
"It was no problem, Ma'am."
"Our pleasure. It was nice to stretch my legs."
Eddie looked at his father and smiled as he handed the child back to the mother. She walked away, and Patrick smiled at Edward. "That was fun. I should have been up weeks ago."
"Glad to see you snapped out of your funk, pops."
Patrick patted his son on the shoulder. "Coffee?"
"Sure." Their suits snapped into identical Civvies, and they walked down to the coffee shop.

CELESTE GRAYSONSTARWING
    'IT'S JUST Hard to get over, you know? I mean, losing one set of parents is hard enough, right? But two?' Her best friend sighed out, Celeste gently rubbing one of the shoulders she had shrugged. Celeste was trying to be as optimistic as she could, but her reassuring smile broke slightly when Jessica mentioned her biological parents. She had heard the brutal carnage that had ensued and the further hell the younger girl went through. The sheltered girl couldn't imagine going through that and didn't know if she could even survive that without being utterly broken. Thats why she admired Jessica so much and why she was going to hand leadership over to her.

Celeste was pulled back from her thoughts when Jessica began speaking again. "I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be okay. I've bounced back once, I can do it again."
    At that, she scoffed and acted as if she were offended. "What do you mean I can't worry about you? I'll worry about you all I want." She joked, dropping the facade with a smile. "No, but seriously. I'm glad you can 'bounce back', but you're like a little sister to me. I can't just ditch my worries and feelings towards you." She stated, nudging her slightly with her elbow. "Since you're here for me and I'm here for you, I say that we take a break and get pizza." She grinned, earning her addiction from Beast boy and Cyborg.

sitanomoto sitanomoto
Jessica laughed, finding the hand on her shoulder comforting. "Alright," One word that always made Celeste (and Jessica) feel much better was Pizza. "Sure, Pizza sounds good." She smiled. "As long as we can be sure to get Hawaiian. Or at least a slice." She shrugged and stood, spotting Eddie and his dad walking into the coffee shop. She sighed contentedly and took Celeste's hand as she walked to the pizza parlor.
"No, these wings are not part of my body if that's what you mean. They are part of my armour...As for the blood, I can't arrest you for looting considering the circumstances the planet's in." She spoke in a stern tone, Emma could only smell that the blood was fresh, she had no idea that it might belong to someone else. She took notice of how his eyes looked, hungry. She gripped her sword, preparing herself for this looter to strike.
"I am here as a favour from the GCPD." She explained "Are you the only person in this Asylum?" She asked suspiciously

Erin sighed in disappointment. "Pity. Authentic Wings would be extremely useful..." He said. He heard her comment on looting and shrugged. "Can you blame me for taking advantage of my situation, Miss? I don't have money, I don't have political power. This is the only way to get the supplies I need." Erin held out his hands in a "whaddaya gonna do?" Sort of gesture. He saw no way that Emma would be a problem, or a threat, at the time being.

"Are you the only person in this Asylum?"

Erin laughed, a high-pitched, slightly unnerving sound. "Yes, I seem to be. I haven't met anyone but you."
Long-Dead bodies didn't count, right? Right.
Her hand on her sword set him on edge, and in the hallway a blood minion materialized, just in case. "Hey now, hey now! No need for that!" The hunger in his eyes had disappeared, replaced by slight ferocity, as if he were ready for a fight. "I'm not here to fight, Love."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back