• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Jujust Kaisen: Gekokujō OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm confused, are you the GM or Co-GM here?
I am just another player just wondering things and saying before the gm did say the whole thing about not really wanting a character with their own CT and a weapon with a CT thus I am try to help and advice as a fellow player

Shrug gm didn't like you getting two cursed techniques given you have chatacter and the now self aware weapon.

I get the desire to have a super powered evil side but maybe work that into your character Power over an outside force.

I believe you did not read the WIP bio, correct me if I'm wrong. Shura is not the weapon. He is a disaster Curse that forged the weapon. He cannot possess anyone as he's not a Cursed Object himself. The Blade is not self-aware. It'd be accurate to say it's a turbulent connection to it's forger, sometimes strong and sometimes nonexistent. I would explain this in great detail if needed but I'd be just wasting time.

Secondly, the Blade is not "super-powered" as I explained in my previous post. It is merely unbreakable and possesses innate Cursed Energy(aka it doesn't need to be infused with Cursed Energy to exorcise Curses). When seeped in blood it extends it's range to a Nodachi's. As I've already stated as well, these powers may grow at the expense of Masato's own CT and power. The Blade is not inhabited by a curse, therefore there is no possession involved. I took inspiration from the Cursed Muramasa Swords from Japanese history that were said to crave blood and added the twist of it having been forged by an actual Curse. There's no evil side either, it is meant to represent Masato's struggle in understanding what is justice.

As of the moment I have not fully fleshed out his CT, but it was originally intended to be passive in nature. Both are concessions I can make for the character that is still not yet fully written.
I am just another player just wondering things and saying before the gm did say the whole thing about not really wanting a character with their own CT and a weapon with a CT thus I am try to help and advice as a fellow player

That is understandable, but hardly helpful to repeat something the GM himself has just said to me. Forgive me if it sounded rude of me to respond as such, I just do not wish to create the misunderstanding that I'm going to make some sort of power-playing character. I just want to make an interesting character and integrate some world building in the process.

That sword it self seems like it could be a main chatscter made by a super special soecial grade curve that didn't hate humanity and can shut down anyone's CT.

Honestly it's like sevral times better than the soul cutting spear imaging fighting sakuna with it and you shut him down from using all CT and it has a growing influence sphere and it is a power Amp and it has more powers yet to be revealed

That sword it self seems like it could be a main chatscter made by a super special soecial grade curve that didn't hate humanity and can shut down anyone's CT.

Honestly it's like sevral times better than the soul cutting spear imaging fighting sakuna with it and you shit him down from using all CT
Yeah, the CT nullification will only be there if he doesn't have any CT himself. Otherwise I'll remove it. Also it'd just nullify the CT itself, not all CTs. It won't stop the attack either, so he'd still get hit. The nullification is more skin to the dagger Toji uses against Gojo where it bypasses them rather than a permanent disable.

Yeah, the CT nullification will only be there if he doesn't have any CT himself. Otherwise I'll remove it. Also it'd just nullify the CT itself, not all CTs. It won't stop the attack either, so he'd still get hit. The nullification is more skin to the dagger Toji uses against Gojo where it bypasses them rather than a permanent disable.
Shrug seems like yeah the sword should be the CT would help give a reason he or team don't just decide having a sword that will likely make him an enemy around is a bad idea and have my character get rid of it

Shrug seems like yeah the sword should be the CT would help give a reason he or team don't just decide having a sword that will likely make him an enemy around is a bad idea and have my character get rid of it
Are you being obtuse on purpose? I literally just described how it is not a cursed object capable of possession.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? I literally just described how it is not a cursed object capable of possession.
It's in your own story that the blade is corrupting and tempting

" Masato was eventually bound to the Blade of Vengeance after he murdered his father’s assassin. Since then, the clan was forced to train him both to use it and to limit its bloodthirst, all the while constantly attempting to make him fail and die in the process."

So the idea is if he loses control he woukd become crazed and blood thirsty thus an enemy not passed just crazed .

It's in your own story that the blade is corrupting and tempting

" Masato was eventually bound to the Blade of Vengeance after he murdered his father’s assassin. Since then, the clan was forced to train him both to use it and to limit its bloodthirst, all the while constantly attempting to make him fail and die in the process."

So the idea is if he loses control he woukd become crazed and blood thirsty thus an enemy not passed just crazed .
That does not equate to possession. What kind of jump to conclusions is that? You can be bloodthirsty and still in control, you can enjoy a battle and still be in control lol

Just because I wanna kill someone doesn't mean I wanna kill everyone lol

That does not equate to possession. What kind of jump to conclusions is that? You can be bloodthirsty and still in control, you can enjoy a battle and still be in control lol
That's why I call it berserk or crazed not possessed just above. Though I'm thinking ahead given you want your character ter plot to rotate around the blade and its negitive temptations. While being with a character ter who would actulvy seek to help with that in ways that if in character would kinda ruin it.

Pretty much how can a nice character who could solve the negotive issue let it go on when they can put an end to it and not be ooc

That's why I call it berserk or crazed not possessed just above. Though I'm thinking ahead given you want your character ter plot to rotate around the blade and its negitive temptations. While being with a character ter who would actulvy seek to help with that in ways that if in character would kinda ruin it.
Berserking is a somewhat accurate term depending on if you're using the trope equivalent or the historical equivalent. Accurate if the historical one. Masato won't be going around crazed-like and incapable of understanding who's friend or foe. He'll be violent, brutal and battle-hungry but only towards his enemies. He's still very much so in control and capable of telling who is friend or foe, he's just very, very angry at his enemy.

Pretty much how can a nice character who could solve the negotive issue let it go on when they can put an end to it and not be ooc
I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to mean. JJK is a very dreary and dark world, where death is a possibility in a variety of ways and lurks in every situation characters may get themselves involved in. There are very few "nice characters". But if you're suggesting that it's impossible for any character to support him in his plight, you're absolutely incorrect. Masato is not a monster. To make myself very clear since it seems like this is your interpretation of the character: Masato is not Naruto. He's seen shit and chose to be good instead of giving in to the desire to avenge his father. He's just a cynical person because he's been put through a meat grinder and thinks almost everyone in power is to blame for it.

Berserking is a somewhat accurate term depending on if you're using the trope equivalent or the historical equivalent. Accurate if the historical one. Masato won't be going around crazed-like and incapable of understanding who's friend or foe. He'll be violent, brutal and battle-hungry but only towards his enemies. He's still very much so in control and capable of telling who is friend or foe, he's just very, very angry at his enemy.

I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to mean. JJK is a very dreary and dark world, where death is a possibility in a variety of ways and lurks in every situation characters may get themselves involved in. There are very few "nice characters". But if you're suggesting that it's impossible for any character to support him in his plight, you're absolutely incorrect. Masato is not a monster. To make myself very clear since it seems like this is your interpretation of the character: Masato is not Naruto. He's seen shit and chose to be good instead of giving in to the desire to avenge his father. He's just a cynical person because he's been put through a meat grinder and thinks almost everyone in power is to blame for it.

Well guess who has the one positive nice chatscter who can destroy just about any cursed object and wouldn't really sit by and let the evil blood swird corrupt someone. Even if honestly it just sounds like a none issue with him. The sword is pure upsides like what is him getting corrupted by it given it can't one day make him a blood thirsty killer that would turn on the team just make him fight more.

Well guess who has the one positive nice chatscter who can destroy just about any cursed object and wouldn't really sit by and let the evil blood swird corrupt someone. Even if honestly it just sounds like a none issue with him

Doesn't necessarily need to be a nice character. Like I said, Masato ain't evil.

However, he certainly wouldn't let anyone destroy the Blade even if they could. Also, the Blade(ironically) isn't evil. It's a Blade of Vengeance, not of evil. Vengeance against a criminal isn't an evil act, is it? Is desiring vengeance against someone who wronged you an evil thing? Is wanting to see evil people gone and justice served an evil act? That's the conundrum and the entire thing about Shura that makes him interesting imo. He doesn't hate humanity after all... He just thinks conflict is the natural state of human civilization. None of his 12 Instruments can be considered truly "evil". They're moral dilemmas. That's what I intend to make with Masato. A questioning of what is true justice, to act with your own justice or the justice of the greater good.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a nice character. Like I said, Masato ain't evil.

However, he certainly wouldn't let anyone destroy the Blade even if they could. Also, the Blade(ironically) isn't evil. It's a Blade of Vengeance, not of evil. Vengeance against a criminal isn't an evil act, is it? Is desiring vengeance against someone who wronged you an evil thing? Is wanting to see evil people gone and justice served an evil act? That's the conundrum and the entire thing about Shura that makes him interesting imo. He doesn't hate humanity after all... He just thinks conflict is the natural state of human civilization. None of his 12 Instruments can be considered truly "evil". They're moral dilemmas. That's what I intend to make with Masato. A questioning of what is true justice, to act with your own justice or the justice of the greater good.
G9ven unless you are specially trained or just born diffrent you get corrupted and how on a killing spree with the weapons yes they are evil cursed spirits are evil. They are literally the negativity of humans made manifest feats hates ect

Feels like we would say kenjaku is actully a really nice guy and can you really say his plan is evil

Or that gets plan to kill all none sorcerers was morally grey

G9ven unless you are specially trained or just born diffrent you get corrupted and how on a killing spree with the weapons yes they are evil cursed spirits are evil.

Partially true that those not born different or trained to understand the Instruments' lure will inevitably play into the ploy of a Curse, but at the end the general premise is that all of these people chose to become monsters. Shura did not force it upon them, they did it out of their own volition and desire. But these discussions would be vastly more interesting in-character. I'd like to see how characters would react to temptation rather than just being forced into it.

Feels like we would say kenjaku is actully a really nice guy and can you really say his plan is evil

Just because someone isn't nice doesn't mean they're necessarily evil. Each person has their own moral compass and objectives to accomplish. I wouldn't consider Kenjaku necessarily evil tbh. His final objective was to optimize Cursed Energy to make it so that only the strong thrive. It's an extreme state of Natural Selection, a truly Darwinian view of the world. The interesting thing is that he is consistently proven correct. The strong get away with doing whatever they want, whereas the weak get trodden upon. Those that hesitate to do what they believe in get punished whereas those that do whatever comes to mind without thinking twice succeed. JJK consistently punishes selflessness and congratulates selfishness.

Take Sukuna for example. He believes in the same Darwinian principles of the strong ruling over the weak. He respected and admired Gojo for being selfish and fighting for himself while he detested Yuji's selflessness and "niceness". Geto is also an interesting example of this. He was evil towards humans, but he deeply cared for and wanted what he believed was the best for Sorcerers.

Partially true that those not born different or trained to understand the Instruments' lure will inevitably play into the ploy of a Curse, but at the end the general premise is that all of these people chose to become monsters. Shura did not force it upon them, they did it out of their own volition and desire. But these discussions would be vastly more interesting in-character. I'd like to see how characters would react to temptation rather than just being forced into it.

Just because someone isn't nice doesn't mean they're necessarily evil. Each person has their own moral compass and objectives to accomplish. I wouldn't consider Kenjaku necessarily evil tbh. His final objective was to optimize Cursed Energy to make it so that only the strong thrive. It's an extreme state of Natural Selection, a truly Darwinian view of the world. The interesting thing is that he is consistently proven correct. The strong get away with doing whatever they want, whereas the weak get trodden upon. Those that hesitate to do what they believe in get punished whereas those that do whatever comes to mind without thinking twice succeed. JJK consistently punishes selflessness and congratulates selfishness.
That's called entrapment and is a bad thing

And that only pop culture racist Darwin the strong survive instead of the fit those most adapted not strongest not fastest not finest just those fit fir their environment that reproduce. His plan would likely lead to an evolutionary dead end because he just created a giant fucking monster that would likely just kill all people. No obe would reproduce no new generations made it is not even fit itself for it is obe of a kind and can't mutipuly. Jogo had evolution more right than this.

Kenjakus plan is evil because it. All for well literally genocide just to see what would happen. Hos plan isn't good because it's likely a dead end. Curses can't reproduce and it would likely just kill everyone congrats kenjaku you fucked everything up

Honestly I wonder if I can get you to defend a certain dictator by saying he cared for what was best for the Germans

That's called entrapment and is a bad thing

And that only pop culture racist Darwin the strong survive instead of the fit those most adapted not strongest not fastest not finest just those fit fir their environment that reproduce.

Kenjakus plan is evil because it. All for well literally genocide just to see what would happen. Hos plan isn't good because it's likely a dead end. Curses can't reproduce and it would likely just kill everyone congrats kenjaku you fucked everything up

I'm not arguing rather his plans are effective or not. I'm just saying the concept of Evil is malleable and generally poorly-structured. There's no such a thing as evil because it depends on your surroundings and the state of things.

You have plans to kill someone and approach me for help, I give you the means to and I entrapped you? You had to desire to do it in the first place, that's not entrapment.

Honestly I wonder if I can get you to defend a certain dictator by saying he cared for what was best for the Germans

Huh, I'm feeling like you want to personally attack me. You're the one bringing the race topic up when there was no mention of it.

Edit: While I believe "good" and "evil" are subjective and individual views, there are greater moral concepts of "right" and "wrong". These are far easier to interpret as they're very universal.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing rather his plans are effective or not. I'm just saying the concept of Evil is malleable and generally poorly-structured. There's no such a thing as evil because it depends on your surroundings and the state of things.

You have plans to kill someone and approach me for help, I give you the means to and I entrapped you? You had to desire to do it in the first place, that's not entrapment.

That's called enabling and can be as bad as doing the cri.e also if I give you something knowing it will most likely hurt you then yes giving someone a cursed sword likely to turn them into a indiscriminate killer because they asked is bad
Huh, I'm feeling like you want to personally attack me. You're the one bringing the race topic up when there was no mention of it.

It's hard not to want to see if the person saying evil is all perspective and if you have a good reason fir wanting to do you aren't a bad guy would apply the same logic from a story to a real life person is tempting.

Honestly from all this I don't think you and I will get along so yeah when you get in I'll likely dip out see of my friend in this wants to dip as well.

Honestly from all this I don't think you and I will get along so yeah when you get in I'll likely dip out see of my friend in this wants to dip as well.

Nah, don't worry. I'll take my leave seeing I came afterwards. You're a pretty annoying and generally prodding person overall. Calling me literally racist for saying evil is subjective lol. Should remove the C from that name, would fit pretty well. Good luck attracting players with this insanity Cogwork Cogwork .

The Natural Selection that happens when someone decides to play as a mad scientist. Riiiiiight. Totally natural at that point. Nothing artificial or controlled about it at all.

Just like how mashing everyone in Japan together as involuntary lab rats is completely ethical and justified because he wants to see what comes out. Totally not evil at all cause consent doesn't matter from monkeys (non-sorcerer humans) and he's doing it for the Greater Good. /s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back