• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Jujust Kaisen: Gekokujō OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Cogwork

Here's the OOC. Chat, ask questions, etc.

Below are the rules for the roleplay, please make sure that you read them.
Rule #1: Be respectful of the other players. Pretty self-explanatory
Rule #2: Posting requirements are at least a paragraph once a week.
Rule #3: If you can't post for an extended period of time, please let me know.
Rule #4: People are allowed to play as many character as they can handle, however the moment player characters are limited to sorcerers working with the remains of Jujutsu Headquarters.

I'm going to preface this with a slight warning that the rules for character creation might seem a bit harsh.

However, they aren't really set in stone. I just find it easier to be slightly too rigid when it comes to character creation from the outset and then walk it back if needed. So if you have a problem with any of these rules, please let me know and I'm sure that we can work something out.

Anyways, on to the rules.

Rule #1: Only 1 cursed technique per character.

Rule #2: Heavenly restrictions have to actually matter, you can't give a character a heavenly restriction that imposes a limitation only to try and weasel yourself out of it.

For example, if a character has a heavenly restriction that makes it impossible for them to use a cursed technique, they can't start the rp with a cursed object or shikigami that are imbued with a cursed technique of their own.

Speaking of which,

Rule #3: I'm going to restrict cursed tools that are imbued with cursed techniques a bit. As a general rule, only character's without a cursed technique (again, given that such a limitation isn't the result of a heavenly restriction) can start the rp with such an object.

Again, I'm more than happy to compromise on this.

Rule #4: While you're allowed to give characters canon cursed techniques (well, most of them at least), please run it by me first.

Rule #5: You can give your characters cursed energy a unique trait if you want. However, if it's something too strong it'll also count as your character's cursed technique.

For example, having cursed energy with the properties of electricity like Hajime Kashimo would count as a cursed technique whilst something similiar to Kinji Hakari's cursed energy wouldn't.

Rule #6: At the start of the rp, characters can't use domain expansions with sure-hit effects.

If there are any questions at all, please let me know.

Last edited:
Not super happy with the way my character turned out, I'll probably change him a bit.

Regardless, I'll have to make a second character as well, given there's small change my character's cursed technique will end up killing him.

What about a cursed technique with two extension techniques? 🤔

The base is shadow manipulation and the extensions are lunar sorcery and dark pact. Lunar sorcery grants him ability enhancements in strength and agility but is limited to what the current moon cycle of that night is. Dark pact allows him to make pacts with cursed spirits, but only 4 of them. He can utilize the abilities of the cursed spirits but has to be careful to not let them corrupt and consume him from within his body.

I probably will not have time to be on until my weekend (it's in the middle of the week), but I will work on my character and ask questions then.
So tired. 😩

i am debating i have 2 ideas

1 is a character based around celestial phenomena ( leading up to a domain based around the birth life and death of the universe )

2 is a character born with a heavenly restriction though an odd one they don't use cursed energy they use positive energy with a technique in they their energy can convert other cursed energy to positive energy ( they would be one hell of a healer but low in terms of damage but with their technique it become and endurance contest)

The base is shadow manipulation and the extensions are lunar sorcery [...]. Lunar sorcery grants him ability enhancements in strength and agility but is limited to what the current moon cycle of that night is
This part sounds perfectly fine.

I'm a bit hesitant on the Dark Pact though, I feel having access to multiple cursed techniques is simply too strong of an ability.

hope you like his Vow!
I absolutely love it. My one slight critique is that it sounds more like an heavenly restriction than a binding vow (as a binding vow is something a sorcerer actively chooses to use) but the concept itself is perfect.

2 is a character born with a heavenly restriction though an odd one they don't use cursed energy they use positive energy with a technique in they their energy can convert other cursed energy to positive energy ( they would be one hell of a healer but low in terms of damage but with their technique it become and endurance contest)
I really like this idea. Your other one is good too but this one is great.

I really like this idea. Your other one is good too but this one is great.
it is my favored one room to one day manipulate it to have like one " technique or move whatever something like red blue purple would be even if it goes far enough some very simple domain based on usage of rct or just the whole it can eventully shut anyone down

okay, how about just one spirit pact? and it can only be used in his domain.

okay, how about just one spirit pact? and it can only be used in his domain.
I'd probably still have to say no, I'm afraid.

It might work if 1) the Dark Pact was the main aspect of your character's cursed technique 2) your character only have access to one, maybe two, spirit pact(s) at the start of the rp.

well at least toji was able to make a spirt into a master servant thing ( no clue how )
Tamed shikigami is definitely a thing in canon and I'm perfectly fine with those, however being able to utilize a spirits abilities for yourself isn't the same thing.

yes, this satisfies your second choice. he only has one spirit with dark pact, and furthermore it can only be used in his domain. that's a huge nerf from before.

yes, this satisfies your second choice. he only has one spirit with dark pact, and furthermore it can only be used in his domain. that's a huge nerf from before.
Ok, would he still have access to the shadow manipulation part of his cursed technique?

that's the base which makes lunar sorcery and dark pact possible.

I absolutely love it. My one slight critique is that it sounds more like an heavenly restriction than a binding vow (as a binding vow is something a sorcerer actively chooses to use) but the concept itself is perfect.
My bad, like I said I'm still a little new to JJK so I wasn't aware of the difference. I edited my sheet which should fix that.

I don't think Kojo would have Binding Vows simply because A) He's already crippled enough in the Cursed Energy department and B) Any extra energy he'd get from a Vow would probably get gobbled up by his HR.

That being said I thought it'd be fun to hand Kojo's Beast Mode Button to the GM so they could decide which characters (Whether they're a single person in the entire game or a select group of individuals) to let Kojo go 'Fuck It We Ball' on.

When he can use his power in full Kojo probably jumps from Grade 4 to Grade 1 (or even Special Grade) in raw power alone, though his refinement with his techniques will be rough 'cause he's never actually gone even moderately out, barely even using minor Cursed Energy is tough for him on the regular.

Ah, I think there's a slight miscommunication between us. What I meant was that you'd have to fill both of those conditions.

I'm terribly sorry, I should have phrased it more clearly.
i could do that. taking out shadow manipulation for dark pact as the main cursed technique, in which case he will have a dark pact with two cursed spirits. one which can only be used in his domain and the other that grants him the ability to wield shadow powers.

My bad, like I said I'm still a little new to JJK so I wasn't aware of the difference. I edited my sheet which should fix that.

I don't think Kojo would have Binding Vows simply because A) He's already crippled enough in the Cursed Energy department and B) Any extra energy he'd get from a Vow would probably get gobbled up by his HR.

That being said I thought it'd be fun to hand Kojo's Beast Mode Button to the GM so they could decide which characters (Whether they're a single person in the entire game or a select group of individuals) to let Kojo go 'Fuck It We Ball' on.

When he can use his power in full Kojo probably jumps from Grade 4 to Grade 1 (or even Special Grade) in raw power alone, though his refinement with his techniques will be rough 'cause he's never actually gone even moderately out, barely even using minor Cursed Energy is tough for him on the regular.
lol with no cursed technique he can't even get in on the explaining my mechanics vow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back