• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Journey to the New World [Information/Sheets/OOC]

Isn't one food per one hundred people per turn a little too much? I get that we'll have trouble starting a colony, but it'll take decades before we can really feed our own people at that rate.

To alleviate that we could possibly lower the amount of food required to feed one population or allow builders and workers to be able to switch to each other in a turn or two without any prerequisite resources.

Ok fuck, I don't want you guys to have to build seven farms.
I'll say that each farm produces 4 Food/Turn
Each Orchard Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Hunters Cabin Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Pasture Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Sailing Boat Produces 3 Food/Turn

That should make feeding the populace easier

Ok fuck, I don't want you guys to have to build seven farms.
I'll say that each farm produces 4 Food/Turn
Each Orchard Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Hunters Cabin Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Pasture Produces 2 Food/Turn
Each Sailing Boat Produces 3 Food/Turn

That should make feeding the populace easier
Does every building require someone to work it?

S Shabazz Whats the point of having hunters cabins and orchards if they produce less? Shouldn't there be some bonus, or have the people not be as happy because of the lack of variety if there are only farms?

S Shabazz Whats the point of having hunters cabins and orchards if they produce less? Shouldn't there be some bonus, or have the people not be as happy because of the lack of variety if there are only farms?
I'm assuming they each specialize in different biomes.

God this is so hard to manage, sorry guys I'm trying my best but thanks for hel[ing me with some advice
Find a GM that isn't batshit insane to lighten the load. Not all of these questions require immediate answers though.

Though Hunters cabins produce less, they also give a Animal Skins as a resource (you know, for trade and stuff)
Orchards now produce the same as farms just they can only be built in more tropical climates while farms can only be built in more temperate climates.

S Shabazz
download-edited-png.303475

What terrain is that on the lower right of the map? Looks like felled trees ?

Hey, do guys think we should get rid of workers? I realize now that they are kind of useless since farms and lumber mills run by themselves...

Or, here's an idea, Workers are used to DOUBLE the production of any building (If the building produces anything of course)

Though Hunters cabins produce less, they also give a Animal Skins as a resource (you know, for trade and stuff)
Orchards now produce the same as farms just they can only be built in more tropical climates while farms can only be built in more temperate climates.
What benefits do animal skins give over the two extra food? Do they give you gold? Can they be used to build things? I can't see them being useful in trade if they don't have much of a purpose.

What benefits do animal skins give over the two extra food? Do they give you gold? Can they be used to build things? I can't see them being useful in trade if they don't have much of a purpose.
You can use animal skins to make cloaks for winter , bed covers ect. Its probably a trade product.

You can use animal skins to make cloaks for winter , bed covers ect. Its probably a trade product.
But how is that going to reflected in the RP? Other non utility/luxery resources too such as tobacco and cotten. A lot of the resources from the New World were harvested and then sold back to the mainland, how are we going to deal with exports and the like?

But how is that going to reflected in the RP? Other non utility/luxery resources too such as tobacco and cotten. A lot of the resources from the New World were harvested and then sold back to the mainland, how are we going to deal with exports and the like?
Maybe there could be a special building we could construct to trade with the new world , a port of some kind.
We could exchange surplus supplies for gold or maybe even additional men ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back