• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Journey to the New World [Information/Sheets/OOC]

Dude, do you even sleep? And to answer your questions it would be a sub-tropical climate, so farms or orchards would do.
Merchants produce 3 gold/turn instead of 2. They are also needed to establish a market place or bank.

Dude, do you even sleep? And to answer your questions it would be a sub-tropical climate, so farms or orchards would do.
Merchants produce 3 gold/turn instead of 2. They are also needed to establish a market place or bank.
Sleep is for pussies . [i live in South Asia so time zones are pretty f'ed up]

I guess you're an Indian, Bengali, Nepalese, Sri Lankan, Maldivian, or Pakistani perhaps?
I'm Indian yes , you may now proceed to read all my previous posts in an over the top Indian accent. (I'm bengali too i suppose )

Last edited:
Prepare for question overload.

So are workers still a thing? How do we hire units, like do we do this with gold, or do we select what profession our new population points have? Can you build how ever many you want of each building?

Once you have a new Pop (I'll let you know) you can assign them to a task/profession. Yes workers are still a thing, just they are used to double resource output instead of run buildings.And yes you can build multiple buildings, but some of them don't give any extra benefit (i.e. Baracks, Church, City Walls, etc.)

Everybody has taken their first turn technically. I'm about to edit mine because of the workers thing.

Are they? They might double production for a single building, but more buildings could also be built with that same population point if they were a builder.
They are pretty op early game , you see for my pop to increase in number i need at least 7 food production as that would be enough to feed my people . It is impossible for me to do that right after landing without assigning workers.

for example , lets say I build 1 food producing building say a farm and then used the additional builder to start another project , that one farm which produces 4 food per turn traditionally with one worker in it gives me 8 food per turn more than enough food to feed my people in just one turn.

Are they? They might double production for a single building, but more buildings could also be built with that same population point if they were a builder.
I think they'll have more utility either later-game when your builders are busy constructing things that require multiple turn, or for strategic and luxury resources like lumber, stone or tobacco.

I think they'll have more utility either later-game when your builders are busy constructing things that require multiple turn, or for strategic and luxury resources like lumber, stone or tobacco.
I would think that late game you would wan't to pop out as many military units as you can and take over the world . That's much more practical.

Ah, I love to see my plan come together...
Anyways about the movement thing, I'm working on making a giant map of the entire continent so that I'm not editing everyone's maps seperatley. The big map will have a grid, and each square will be about 100 km x 100 km. The BIG QUESTION: How big should the continent be?

Just chill guys, I got this
I think a good idea would be to merge the purposes of banks and marketplaces. Marketplaces would generate money by itself and allow us to trade with others.

Banks are this point are overpowered because each bank raises what each population generates in gold by one. If that effect is stackable, it could get ridiculous if someone had say fifty banks and fifty population.

So Marketplaces should generate a flat rate, say two or three or five gold each turn, and allow us to trade.

Banks should possibly be used to borrow and save money. If you borrow money, you have to eventually pay it back, either at a higher price from your homeland or at a negotiable price from another player's colony. If you save money, the amount of money you put in the bank (takes a turn or two to retrieve from the bank) would increase with interest. Say by 0.2% per turn. By building more banks, you can increase the interest you get from putting money in until you hit a limit, say, 5% or something.

Anyways about the movement thing, I'm working on making a giant map of the entire continent so that I'm not editing everyone's maps seperatley. The big map will have a grid, and each square will be about 100 km x 100 km. The BIG QUESTION: How big should the continent be?
Maybe make this landmass comparable in size to the real world New World?

Pretty damn big since they're supposed to be this worlds version of the Americas.
I would think that late game you would wan't to pop out as many military units as you can and take over the world . That's much more practical.
But we're all going to be peaceful with each other.

Pretty damn big since they're supposed to be this worlds version of the Americas.

But we're all going to be peaceful with each other.
Of course , there's not a violent bone in me .

psst . you wanna kick some satoyan ass later ?

*Satoyan enforcer breaks down the door*

YOU'RE GOING TO REPAY YOUR DEBTS WITH YOUR ORGANS.

*hacks at everybody in the room with a scalpel*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back