• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Johto League x Type Rising (Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
“... So you see, Toxtricity is sort of a special case. Dual type Pokémon have the traits of both types compounding on them, so you have to treat them as such. Toxtricity needs even more general exercise to burn off the extra energy in addition to battling, being an electric type. Wattson used to be impossible to train, until I realized all my Pokémon basically have ADHD.” Said the leader with a laugh “So now I let Wattson out in the gym ceiling to spin a web most of the time, and really only make him get into his ball when we’re traveling. Now in terms of powering him up...” Chance continued rambling about how electric types were generators AND batteries at the same time, or something to that effect. He had been talking since the trio left the gym nonstop, and had probably thrown enough information about electric types at Arsene to make his head spin. That’s when Ryuko exclaimed she’d have to catch more Pokémon to enter the tournament.

“well, I wasn’t going to say anything, new friend, but you’re right. You don’t have six Pokémon. There’s plenty of powerful rock and ground types here at Mt Morter, but seeing as you have Tyranitar I’m sure you’d like something else. There are other biomes further up the levels, so maybe something up there will catch your interest.” Chance laughed again. It seemed he was a little more jovial than he had been at the gym, and a little more relaxed as well. As the three walked down the path, eventually the entrance to Mt Morter came into view. Outside of it, signs of Jackie’s battle with Rhyhorn were extremely prevalent. Scuffed and destroyed earth, fallen trees in one direction, and the uncomfortable silence due to a lack of Pokémon in the area, all scared away by the scuffle. “Well, good, plenty of training going on here. They’re gonna need it...” Said Chance Cryptically. He wandered inside without a second thought, his hands to his sides. It wasn’t before long all three trainers had reached the long hallway with many paths branching off of it.

“If you’re in the mood to up Toxtricity’s amperage, this is the place to do it. Rock types have a natural resistance to electricity as I’m sure you know, so it’s the best way to make sure every one of his moves packs a punch.” Chance motioned down one of the halls in which the crashing and thrashing of rock type Pokémon could be heard clearly. “Otherwise, the camp I’ve set up is this way.” He said, heading down the still silent hall Jackie had walked down minutes before.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 salti salti

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Open
Mentions:

xdGNILjo2c-qFFV7SbTOYVmSIYv2sWK1fF3P6Nc_uZpbBAknBf_XRy61bijnONLqfhxSWUjF7SYqg1aLjYbC696QViEE1pwixuhie-cakCUHitnpyELZYNlhgrk0kO5XQH7WnNko

Jackie looked over his opponent, the draconian Garchomp. The Pokémon was like a living weapon with a spike covered body, a massive claw for each hand and a head that would be perfect for playing Whack-A-Drilbur, that is if you wanted to break the machine. He was a formidable foe to say the least.

"This is the guy?" asked Jackie to Cinccino. She nodded with utter certainty, her brow furrowed in slight confusion. "The tall guy? The big scary dude who rules this here roost?" He raised his eyebrows and cocked his head to one side. "This guy?! Really?!"

Jackie eyed him over one more time. "I know he's tall by your standards girl, but seriously. I was expecting an Onix or a Steelix that takes up the whole room not a chump that squats in the corner."

The Scarf Pokémon lifted her arms up and shrugged, looking at the horrible Hyde with some dismay for being blamed for something out of her control. "I guess he'll do. Like a little mint on a pillow or one of those wee cakes you get at overpriced restaurants." ranted the deflated Dark Type.

"Well take your best shot then Cupcake." goaded Jackie, straightening out his coat "I got me a race to win and your slowing me down."

Last edited:
As Doragon was walking through the wilds of Route 42,he had on a few Repels. These repels to designed to scare away the weak Pokemon however, so only strong Pokemon could attempt to challenge him.

Unfortunately, he didn't spot any wild Pokemon, as most of them were scared by the Repel. Sighing, Drapult looked disappointed as it waited for battle that might Never come.

Brushing of some grass, he took a look around.

"Damn..... just my luck, huh?"

Garchomp seemed more able to comprehend human speech than your average wild pokemon. As such, he looked more and more irritated as Jackie spoke. When the conversation he was having ended on a literal challenge of Garchomp's authority, that was the final straw. The shark of the earth roared with a rage as he let out a waive of murky purple smoke which tumbled after Jackie and Cincinno. It would engulf them entirely if they didn't move, and was hazardous enough to do damage. Possible paralyses would also ensue, as this was the move Dragon Breath.

Twist Twist

Jackie Hyde
Interactions: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Garchomp)
Mentions:

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png
Jackie lifted his arm over his mouth as the Dragon Breath began to envelop them, the misty move reeking to high heavens. Not to mention it burnt like hell as the dragon type move seeped into his skin though the fiendish fashionista Fur Coat did take the brunt of it. Cinccino wasn't as fortunate, the Dragon Breath permeating into her fur and leaving her paralyzed. Not wanting his coat to the go way of his puckering skin, Jackie retreated from the consuming cloud. "Geezer, you need a breath mint." he snarled.

Jackie grabbed up Cinccino, who was stuck like a statue, nestling her in the softness of his coat as he ran away from the choking cloud. Heading to the centre of the room and towards the Garchomp's bed, the now red skinned red head turned back towards his fluorine foe. Grabbing a Net Ball from his belt, Jackie threw the black banded ball into the median between. "Accelgor, make this quick! Water Shuriken!"

In a flash of light appeared the pink headed protector, the melancholy movie star, the Mighty Accelgor. Where the horrible Hyde was the villain of many a tale, the Mighty Accelgor was the hero. Defender of the weak and the Black Star Battler, the Shell Out Pokémon would always answer the call and with the innocent Cinccino in peril, it was time to Shell Out some Justice! Don't blink or you'll miss it, it was the Mighty Accelgors Water Shuriken.

Spr_5b_617.png

Last edited:
As Garchomp made his charge through the leftover smoke from his attack at Jackie, he took a Water Shuriken straight to the dome from the summoned Accelgor. It did seem to be in a bit of pain from the super effective strike, but did not stop it's forward momentum in the slightest. Just as it was about to collide with Jackie Garchomp activated it's move Giga Impact. This would exponentially increase the kenetic energy delivered straight into Jackie's chest should the move land true. Cinccino, too, depending on where in the coat she was hidden away.

Twist Twist

Jackie Hyde
Mentions:

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png
Jackie could feel Cinccino rustling around in the inside of his coat, the paralysis starting to wear off his afflicted ally. Though she would have to recover much quicker if she was to help as the galloping Garchomp raced towards them, the Mach Pokémon eyes set squarely on Jackie's heart.

Well I did want to try out my new vest smirked the heartless Hyde, flipping his coat outwards as the Giga Impact connected, his prize protector taking the full impact. Reeling backwards, Jackie spun and fell on his hands and knees, the Garchomp's move living up to its name. "Ha!... Not a bad... hit. Though... I told ya... to take... your.. best shot... first... ya moron." he swaggered.

The hammer headed hood loomed tall over his supposed victim, not knowing he would soon be cut down to size by Mt Mortars newest protector. Wherever people are in danger he'll be there. Whenever a Pokémon is scared or threatened he'll be there. Wherever evil rears its ugly head he'll be there. Who is this mysterious Pokémon I hear you ask? The Mighty Accelgor of course!

From out of the shadows he appeared stepping in to fight for the rights of the common trainer. With crossed arms and a brooding expression the Shell Out Pokémon would not let such injustice stand. Don't blink or you'll miss it, it was the Mighty Accelgors Water Shuriken.

The decked Dark Type was definitely winded as he slowly rose to his feet, though the effects of his Combat Vest in protecting him were still ambiguous in his current state. His Scarf Pokémon meanwhile had landed among the rubble of Garchomp's nest, performing a leap that could easily make her double for her current Pokémon partner in the movie business, the force of the Mach Pokémon's move and Jackie's reckless stunt with his coat giving her plenty of momentum. And now she had plenty of ammo too for her Rock Blast with all the solid stones that were substituting for a bed.

Spr_5b_617.png

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Okay, now this is bad. All these Carbink blocked the way, presumably as their way of asking for help. Seeing as her Drifblim found himself in a pinch, Sherry issued an order: "Henry, retreat!!!" By "retreat", she meant going back to the ground.

While Snowy could've been the most viable option in this case, her Snow Warning could be detrimental for Henry and all the Carbink around them. That's also why Sherry refrained from activating her own Snow Warning all this time. Instead... "Aromacchi!" she decided to give her Roserade, Aroma, a chance. "You two, go for the Drilbur! I'll get the Gible myself," she ordered while conjuring her icy spear again. The young lady trusted that Aroma's leafy attacks, coupled with Henry's flying/floating ability, could do quite a number for the Drilbur. With that, Aroma jumped on Henry's head and readied her Magical Leaf as soon as they took off. As for Henry, he focused his Psychic at the Drilbur, attempting to make them float so that Aroma's Magical Leaf could easily hit them. And Sherry herself? She aimed at one of the Gible with her Lock-On, readying her spear for either Glacial Lance or Sonic Boom.

As the mischievous Drilbur surfaced once again on the wall of the cavern, he was met with a strong psychic force which made his thoughts fuzzy and his head hurt. He felt his life force draining from the mental assault, and the next thing he knew he was being bombarded and forced back into his hole by what unmistakably felt like a grass type attack to the smallish ground type. That really hurt him, and ceased his feasting in favor of a retreat safely into the ground.

At that same moment the two Gibble leapt from their entryways in the ground, and took battle stances facing the pettite young woman who had chosen to interfere with the trio's hunting. The two prepubescent earth dragons glared at Cherry, waiting for her to make her move. Little did the one in front of her know, he was being targeted by a move which would keep her from missing no matter how ready he was.

saniachan saniachan (You are clear to auto hit that Gibble with whatever move you use next.)

Garchomp was proud of himself for landing his strongest physical attack on the first try, however was taken aback when he raised his head to see the man had at the most had the wind knocked out of his lungs. Not a scratch on him! Or that blasted vest he seemed to be so proud of displaying like a bird does their plumage. Well, something simply had to be done about that. Unfortunately, Garchomp was now being flanked and had very little time to do much of anything. He knew whoever nailed him with that Water Shuriken would surely be readying a second attack, and the Cinccino whom leapt from it's trainer's embrace when he struck him wasn't getting behind him just to set up a tea party for after the match. Garchomp ducked without looking, and the Water Shuriken passed directly overtop his head as he had predicted. The rock blast struck him in the middle of his back, and he seemed to shake off the pain immediately.

Garchomp then lunged forward with his right claw prepped to strike, and it extended and began to glow with a purple aura. In a flash the thing resembled a large scythe, as well as it's counterpart on his left arm doing the same. Garchomp would swipe in a hooking motion with his right arm, then follow with the deadly saber now on his left. To finish the rotation, he would spin three hundred and sixty degrees to attempt to impale Jackie through the neck with his Dragon Claw effected right arm with as much momentum as possible.

Twist Twist

Jackie Hyde
Mentions:

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png
Jackie smirked as the Garchomp's mouth dropped in pure disbelief, the daring Dark Types stunt with his new prize rendering the Mach Pokémon's attack not very effective. The cocky coat wearer thought to press home the advantage using his opponents confusion, from both his vest's durability and his own Swagger, against him to deal out serious damage and rushed Garchomp. "Time to crash and burn chump!"

Suddenly the very visage of the Grim Reaper struck the hot headed Hyde as the jet like juggernaut began his Dragon Claw, his claws becoming scythes as they sliced at his face. His Swagger had missed! Or at least his opponent hadn't bought into his blustering bravado. His mind was as razor sharp as his body by the looks of it and Jackie was now paying the price, barely blocking the second swing from his lift. Though his coat stopped most of the damage, the soft material curled up and layered throughout the fight, the force of the blow sent him lurching back to the right and into the way of the shark like spinning tops final strike.

Faster than a speeding Bullet Seed, stronger than a Steam Engine Coalossal, able to leap Dynamax Pokémon in a single bound, the lone warrior from the long grass, The Mighty Accelgor had appeared to save the day. Without hesitation, the Black Star Battler threw himself upon Death's deadly weapon with all his power and courage. Never giving up, Never surrendering, It's the Mighty Accelgors Struggle Bug. Catching the razor like appendage in between is arms, the proud protector pushed backed with all his might even as the blade bit into his body but he would resist. He had to. For the sake of all that is good he would resist!

Cinccino watched her fearless friend in awe as he tried to repel the draconian dervish and little by little he was doing just do that, the move losing some of it's momentum. But would it be enough? The Scarf Pokemon knew she had to help so standing tall like her indominatable idol she cheered him on, her voice echoing across the cavern as she screamed at Garchomp to leave her friend alone. The humble hero heard her words and with renewed vigour made his move, flipping backward to deliver a powerful strike with his tail to his fearsome foes face, as he finally parried the Dragon Claw.

Given enough time to react, Jackie had gone low, ready to give the mighty Mach Pokémon a taste of his own medicine. "Think I'm full of hot air do ya! Well lets see if you are!" roared Jackie as he punched with such assurance towards Garchomp guts.

Spr_5b_617.png

Now that the Drilbur had retreated, Henry's and Aroma's attention shifted to Sherry and the two Gible having a face off with each other. The ice-type lady hurled her Glacial Lance at that one Gible she had been aiming at before he could avoid it. As for the other Gible, Henry's Shadow Ball and Aroma's Pin Missile (fired 4 times) were heading their way. But the question is, could the Land Shark Pokemon avoid it?

Garchomp's own lunch threatened to escape his stomach as he was nailed head on by Jackie's Assurance. He swallowed hard and stumbled backwards, at the same time gripping his ears as the echoed voice of Cinccino ripped into his skull. All of this, compounding on the confusion from Jackie's earlier Swaggar, had the Garchomp yelling unintelligibly even to the other pokemon in attendance. The Garchomp turned suddenly, and charged head on into the wall to the left of he, Jackie, and Accelgor. He had activated Giga Impact once again, ramming it with his skull. A large crack formed where he hit, and in bounds it rocketed up the cave wall. Large chunks dislodged themselves all over the room's ceiling, threatening to crush the fighters below.

Twist Twist

A huge crash and the unmistakable sound of tumbling rocks erupted from the corridor Chance and Ryuko were in front of.

"Huh? Was that a Pokemon's Rock Slide?" Said chance to himself more than to his companion. "On second thought, Ryuko, come with me. Sounds like things might just about be wrapping up with the race." Chance headed unbothered down the hall the commotion was coming from, Ryuko and company in tow. When they reached the threshold at which there were many rocks piled up, Chance put his hands on his hips. "That's funny, I left my Garchomp, Excalibur, here in this cave to protect the camp I had set up. He must be fighting someone inside, but I told him to let any friendly looking trainers through. I wonder who it could be,"

Chance then put his hands on his hips and looked at the mass of rocks now blocking the entrance to Garchomp's abode. "Do any of your pokemon have a move that could clear all this?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at the Dragon Type trainer.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

The first Gibble had no chance as he tried to outrun Sherry's lance. Lock On did it's job, and the lance impaled him mercilessly into the earth through the back of his head. His only other teammate taken out, the last invader of the crystal chamber turned to run into one of Drillbur's passageways. Unfortunately, on his own escape, he was bombarded by Aroma's pin missile and dropped lifelessly to the ground. The Carbink let out high pitched cries and sounds of delight on the predator's defeat, moving away from the hole in the ceiling once again and resuming their peacful life of floating about and munching on gemstones.

saniachan saniachan

Ryumaru Ryuko
A Rocky Roadblock

Ryuko hopped off of Bertie's shoulder, and approached the rocks blocking their route to the camp.
She examined them for a minute, then looked to Chance.
"I got nothing. Even if Tyranitar could use his massive strength to move the rubble, I have a slight feeling there may be more rubble behind this."

She thought about it for another moment, then looked to Chance.
"Is there any pokemon in the area that could help us? Maybe I can catch one and,"
She stopped talking for a second as Tyranitar shot her a glare, as if he knew what she was planning.

"It's fine Tyranitar! Really, I wont get myself into anything dangerous if I fly off to get us help!"

Chance chuckled at the obviously caring relationship between pokemon and trainer. Chance leaned against the cave wall, and slid down it to sit cross legged like a lazy teenager. He seemed relaxed, and thoughtful.

"There are plenty of rock types around. One with bulldoze would clear this problem right up for us. Go back the way we came, and directly across from this hall is a little area I like to call 'The Pit,' You'll see why in a moment," The electric leader closed his eyes, and began to breathe steadily. "Do be careful, though. The rock types there are among the strongest in Johto. It's where I spent nearly six months before my first tournament training."

Yep, all these Carbink's squeals (?) of joy echoed in the room. These guys happily opened the path for their savior and went back to their... Carbink things. "Oh? It's open now?" Sherry mused only to be replied by a nod from Aroma. Sherry returned the Roserade to her Quick Ball with a "Thanks, Aromacchi," before going up with Henry's help. Again, he wrapped his chords around her hands, then started floating as soon as she got a grip on his chords. Hopefully, with no more (or maybe less) obstacles, they would arrive at the checkpoint as soon as possible.

As soon as Cherry's head cleared the ceiling of the cave, sunlight graced her sight. If she looked around below, she would see to her left was a small camp nestled in a crater with an open top. The yellow and white tent which was set up denoted an electric type trainer had pitched it. In front of it were several useful amenities, a table with many packaged foods and a first aid kit right next to them. MREs, store bought snacks, and even a cooler with drinks and raw meats to cook over the roaring bonfire in the middle of it all. It would take a minute to get all the way over to the clearing via Henry, but it was obvious Cherry had almost reached the finish line of Chance's race.

saniachan saniachan

Ryumaru Ryuko
Off to catch a pokemon

Ryuko smiled and looked to her team. "Alright guys, stay here and keep an eye out while I go catch us some help! I'll be back soon!"
Ryuko floated up into the air before flying off in the direction Chance suggested.​

"Whoa..."

Seems like Cherry almost forgot that it was still midday during her trip in the cave. To be fair though, most parts of it were relatively dark with the light she had encountered being the one in the Carbink room earlier. Scanning at her surrounding revealed a nice place to camp... with a yellow-and-white tent already set up there. "Henry, you see that?" she directed her Drifblim's sight at the camping spot. "That must be the clearing Chance talked about, yeah. Can you take me there?" she requested, to which Henry happily obliged. The two took their flight slow but steady, for it would be hard for Henry to rush with his flight.

When Ryuko had traversed the corridors according to Chance's instruction, she would hear the sounds of stampeding rock types clashing grow louder and louder. Finally, a massive chamber the size of a rock quarry opened up in front of her. Spiraling downwards into the center of the pit before her, was a long path along the walls of the hole. This path also continued around the edge of the chamber. At fairly regular intervals there were many smaller hidy-holes and grottos for smaller pokemon to take refuge in. Baby Rogenrola, digglett, and all manner of smaller rock types used them as nests, meanwhile a Colosseum-like battle seemed to be happening in the lowest levels. A Cubone was using it's superior speed and smaller side to avoide every headbutt a massive Onyx was throwing it's way. Shrapnel from the ground sprang up after each attack, but none hit the fearless skull-clad ground type. Eventually, he used Bone Rush and smacked the Onyx in the face with it's weapon. The rock-type smashed into the cave wall and roared in pain.

Jackie Hyde
Mentions:

Spr_b_5b_445_m.png
"Wow! Ain't you the sore loser" remarked Jackie as the Garchomp's hammer like head smashed against the walls, the ceiling crumbling "You'd rather get crushed, then lose to me huh?"

Trying to figure out if that was really cool or really stupid, the debating Dark Type paused for a moment as he deliberated. Cinccino rushed to his side dodging the rocks falling from the sky, using her Rock Blast on the bigger ones breaking them apart where possible as she scampered towards her trainer. The Mighty Acclegor! had taken a massive hit earlier but he stood bravely before his trainer ready to defend him too the end if need be. "Cin! Cin!" exclaimed Cinccino at the halted Hyde, pulling at his trousers and pointing towards the only exit now, thanks to the Mach Pokémon's attack.

"No it's dumb" declared Jackie. The Giga Impact Garchomp had used was powerful but left him spent, stuck to the spot like a statue. It would so easy to beat on him right now but the raining debris would do that for him. "Accelgor Guard Swap with me! We're outta here"

Powered by the strength of the people, its the Mighty Accelgors Guard Swap!. The black star battler could feel his resolve strengthening, as the common man lent them his strength. He still had a job to do and that was to protect the innocent.

Lifting his coat over his head to Protect him, the red haired runner bolted towards the light at the end of the tunnel, both his Pokémon in tow as Cinccino covered their escape from the fallen rocks with her own as they tried to escape.

Spr_5b_617.png

Last edited:
Ryumaru Ryuko
Cubone vs Onix; Ryuko's Intervention

Ryuko had reached the area known as the pit. She can hear sounds of a battle taking place from within it. Leaning forward to peek into the center, she saw what she thought was an unfair fight taking place. A large Onix was attacking a smaller pokemon, and Ryuko can see the smaller one doing what it can to dodge and counter the Onix's attacks. The Cubone had struck Onix away into one wall, as the later shook off the attack and let out a roar, before firing a ball of green energy out at the small pokemon. Cubone jumped to the side to avoid it, but was hit by Onix's Iron tail, and was sent flying to the ground, it's weapon landing in front of Onix. Onix saw the weapon and slammed its tail down to break the weapon as Cubone watched on in helplessness, its precious weapon destroyed.

Cubone struggled to get up, as Onix swung its Iron tail yet again, only for it to be struggling to hit the Cubone as two blades blocked the impact. Ryuko turned her head to look at the Cubone and smiled.
"Don't worry little guy, I will protect you!"
Cubone saw Ryuko and looked into her eyes, as it saw something there that reminded the skull pokemon of its mother. Cubone ran up and hugged Ryuko's right leg in hopes of being protected from the rock snake pokemon, as Ryuko looked back to Onix and smirked.
"How bout you pick on someone your own size?!"
Ryuko pushed forward, the Iron tail deflecting off her blades before Ryuko sheathed one blade and held up a hand, as blue energy gathered in which she then closed her fist, and threw a punch as she leaped into the air, the first transforming into a glowing dragon she slammed her attack into Onix's face, sending the much larger pokemon flying off into the air and out of sight.

Landing back on the ground, she looked at the Cubone holding onto her leg.
"Are you okay little one?"

Just as Jackie emerged from the avalanching cavern behind him, he would notice the sunlight grace he and his pokemon from above. Also from above, to his right, was an Ice Type girl assisted by her Driftblim, Henry. Both set foot in the clearing at exactly the same time. The crater they now stood in had a camp site with every frivolous amenity one could ask for, except maybe an RV. Snacks, fresh meats and vegetables ready to be cooked in a gigantic cooler, a roaring bonfire, and a yellow and white tent at the back.

Inside the cave behind them, the Garchomp had snapped out of his confusion. He looked around frantically for a moment, searching for Jackie and his other opponents over the rubble which had miraculously avoided him. Instead, the rocks had mainly served to close the door. Garchomp let out a frustrated roar at the loss of his target, and was just about to dash out into the camp site to look for him. That was when Chance perked up from his meditation, and looked towards the blockage in the tunnel.

"Excalibur! Are you alright?!" Said the leader, beginning to move rocks by hand in what looked like a meaningless endeavor. Excaliber the Garchomp perked up and seemed to wag it's tail a bit at hearing Chance had returned to the area. Immediately he used dig, milling through the course dirt of the cave floor and within seconds coming up on the other side of the obstruction. He nuzzled Chance with his large head once, and then began frantically pointing towards the cave he was previously in. "Hello, hello again good boy, what's going on in there?" Garchomp began throwing punches at the air mimicking a battle. "Who were you fighting? Kabu Corp?" Excalibur shook his head quickly, and mimicked putting on a jacket, and running his fingers through his air as if styling it. He then stomped around in a cocky way, and started waggling his head and making sounds mimicking human speach as best he could in a mocking way. Chance doubled over laughing heartily at the display. "I think I know the guy you're talking about, buddy. Don't worry about him,"

Garchomp looked puzzled at this reply from Chance. That guy he had been fighting looked shady, but Chance didn't seem worried. Strange, but Excalibur trusted the electric type man entirely, so he let it go for the time being.

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Twist Twist saniachan saniachan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back