• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{JKthegreat & KneelingAngel} Everything is Not as it Seems...

"I don't need to use my powers" I said, looking seriously at her as I spoke "To take care of some jackass that thinks its a turn on when girl's don't want him." I sighed as I finally decided to give into her. "Fine, I won't go after him." I said, reluctantly untangling myself from her and sitting up on the edge of the bed "But if I see him walking on the street, believe me, that there's not a single part of his body that will be left in the same place as it was before we met."

Sarah slightly glared at him. "Oliver, will you please just drop it?" She asked him. "If I were have been drunk I would have slept with him. A couple of more drinks and I would have wanted him as well. He was drunk and didn't know what he was doing." She said and sighed. It was too early for this. Yeah the guy had almost raped her, but it was her own fault as well. She sat up on her knees and hugged Oliver from behind. "I'm okay Oliver, really." She said.

Je suis Charlie

I sighed and nodded slowly. "Okay. Yeah, I'll leave it alone." I said, putting my hand over hers gently for a moment, then standing up and stretching "But, sadly, that doesn't mean I don't have a couple other things to do. I need to take a quick shower. You stay in bed, okay? For most of the day, I mean. Get over this cold as quickly as possible and have you back to full strength before Ronnie starts our training." I gave her a stern look before grabbing a black shirt and jeans and getting into the shower.

Sarah nodded and bit her lip as Oliver walked to the bathroom. She hid herself under the covers and did as she was told, but now before sneezing again. She hated being sick. Why had he given her that stern look? Something felt off with Oliver. Maybe it had something to do with what happened yesterday. Sarah sighed and hugged Oliver's pillow. She hoped he wasn't mad at her.

Je suis Charlie

I hopped out the shower a couple minutes later, and threw on the clothes before heading towards the door of the bedroom. "I'll see you a little later" I said as I walked, glancing at Sarah as I spoke "Try and do what I said and stay in bed, please. Just call Ronnie if you need anything. I shouldn't be very long." And with that I was out the door, closing it behind me before I jogged towards the library. "Morning, Ronnie." I said as he came into view from the kitchen below me "Heading to the hideout to familiarize myself with it. Could you show me around it?" He nodded and went with me. I had already found a place for the book that we used as the key that I memorized and I quickly found it and put it in the desk opening. The door slid open and we walked quickly down the corridor. As we walked through, Ronnie explained to me what every room (as there were so many smaller rooms within the four quadrants) was used for.

Within the four parts, which were physical training, power training, computer lab and garage, there were smaller rooms which held other uses, for example the medical center in the physical training are would be for when someone got seriously injured, or the experiments lab in the computer section was where Ronnie would test out some of his new gadgets and contraptions. He explained to me as we walked through the computer lab how he had worked for multiple different organizations in his time, and that he was actually known as one of the greatest engineers and inventors of our time, but most thought he had long passed. He had all of the materials he could ever need in the massive storage unit near the garage, and all of the vehicles and our equipment was made and upgraded by him personally. It was a strange experience, hearing him explain all of these incredible things that he had designed, when I had always just thought of him as a common, everyday person.

Once we finished going through each room, Ronnie said that he had to leave for an hour or so to run some errands, so I thanked him and made my way over to the physical training area. I strapped on some fighting gloves and stretched, before getting to work on one of the training dummies that Ronnie had designed, which mimics the movements of a number of different professional fighters, making it very difficult but rewarding training.

Sarah stayed in bed, slept for a little and woke up. She felt like shit, still, and she was completely bored. She zapped through the tv channels. Counted how many planes flew by through the window and stared at the door. Oliver still wasn't back and she was still bored. Sarah wrapped the covers around her and went to look over the balcony with a small sigh and bit her lip as she remembered yesterday. She shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking about it. Sarah decided to head for the hidden training ground, even if Oliver told her to stay in bed. She had to entertain herself, she wasn't dying. Managing to get into the secret hide out, she silently took a seat and watched Oliver fight the dummies.

Je suis Charlie

I had slowly upped my pace of training as I went through the morning. Ronnie had designed the room so that you could add more dummies to fight against to train against, and to change the dummies from either purely dodging, purely fighting or the ultimate dummy that both dodged and fought almost identically to a professional fighter. I was now, after a couple hours, up against three ultimate dummies, and could feel the fatigue starting to get to me. As I fought and landed blows, they too were able to expose my weak points and after another fifteen or so minutes, I was completely out of breath and had too many bruises to count, so I shut down the program and grabbed a bottle of water, sucking it down in a few seconds. "So how long have you been there?" I asked between deep, ragged breaths as I caught sight of Sarah out of the corner of my eye, the sweat dripping from my face.

Sarah smiled as Oliver fought against the dummies. It was really cool to see. She watched him shut off the program, grab a bottle and turned to her. "Long enough to see you ass kicked by a dummy." She smiled and wrapped the blanket tighter around her. "I got bored and I though it be cool to watch you fight." She said with a small smile. "Are we okay?" She asked him suddenly. He wouldn't look at her. She had a feeling something was wrong, but maybe that was just her and Oliver was in a bad mood because she didn't want him to beat up Cale.

Je suis Charlie

I threw the bottle in the bin and turned my attention to Sarah as she referred a question to me. It immediately made my short period of thinking on the previous night come to mind, the one where I finally admitted to myself how I really felt, but decided not to tell Sarah. I kept that decision true. "What do you mean?" I said, putting on a face of fake puzzling, even though I knew exactly why she had asked the question, because I had been acting pretty strangely "Of course we're okay. What would make you think otherwise?"

Sarah forced a smile and bit her lip. "You just seemed a little different, that's all." She said honestly. She really was sorry for yesterday, why, she didn't know. It wasn't like she had cheated on him or anything. It was just difficult. "Forget it, as long as we're okay, then we're good." she said with an honest smile. "I'm going to get some food, want to come with?" She asked as she stood up, folding the covers that had been around her shoulders.

Je suis Charlie

I glanced at her for a moment. Since the previous night, it was more difficult to be around her. When she had stayed with me, it had been like I was taking care of her, which was easy. But just sitting with her now, talking over a meal, knowing what I did about how I felt, seemed very challenging. But she already thought I was acting strange, so I couldn't pile on to that. "Yeah sure" I said, smiling politely, but inside just wanting to erupt and tell her everything "What were you thinking of having?"

"Just some cereal." Sarah smiled at Oliver and started walking. She wasn't stupid, she knew there was something, his eyes were different, but he didn't have to tell her if he didn't want to. It wasn't any of her business. "What do you want? I'll make you something." She said as they reached the kitchen. She got herself what she needed and quickly took a bit. Letting out a soft moan at how good it was. "First bite is always best." She told him. "So what do you want?"

Je suis Charlie

I had been staring into blank space for a few moments, before I realized that her question had been directed at me. "Huh? Oh, cereals fine thanks" I said with a smile, quickly thinking up an excuse for my weirdness "Sorry, just have a hell of a lot to think about at the moment, but I guess you know that." I sat across the table from her and thanked her as she handed me the bowl, looking around the room as I ate and wondering why Ronnie was taking so long to get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah smirked and got a bowl and a spoon for Oliver before handing him the milk and cereal. "Don't worry about it, you're fine, you don't have explain yourself." She said and took another bite from the cereal. Oliver didn't have to tell her anything if he didn't want to. She wasn't his girlfriend or anything, she didn't need to know everything that was going on in his mind. Right? "So what's the plan for today? You know, since yesterday was basically a total failure." Sarah mumbled. "How about we go to the movies or an arcade or something?" She sneezed, almost spilling her cereal and deadpanned. "Or maybe going out isn't such a good idea after all."

Je suis Charlie

((Sorry started exams on Monday forgot to reply :/ ))

"Well I'm gonna wait for Ronnie to get back" I said, looking at her as I spoke between mouthfuls of cereal "Then I might go for a run, possibly buy us both a new phonr while I'm about. As for you, you didn't take my advice particularly well. You need to get over this cold. I'll drop by the pharmacy and get some medicine for you, but until then just stay in and stay warm. " I shot her a smile as i heard the front door swing open and Ronnie stepped inside. "Sorry for taking so long." He said, carrying a large crae labelled 'RADIATION HAZARD' "Had to pick up some supplies for thr lab from a guy I know."

"But the bed is so boring." Sarah told Oliver with a small smile, happy that he was willing to get her a phone and medicine. He really was a good guy. She looked at Ronnie when she was about to eat another spoon of cereal and stopped. "Are you trying to make a new superman or trying to kill us?" Sarah asked, half serious, half not. She looked at Oliver confused and tilted her head. "Your butler is weird. Just so you know." She pointed out and took a big spoon of cereal in her mouth.

Je suis Charlie

Ronnie popped his head around the corner once more and said "I prefer eccentric." "My butler is a mastermind scientist with a habit for having a million tricks up his sleeve..." I said with a smirk as I washed my plate out and threw it in the dishwasher "Wei...I mean eccentric is a slight understatement. Anyways I'm gonna head out. Stay. Here. Got it?" I winked at her, and grabbed my earphones as I started my track before I got a response. I decided to have a long run before grabbing the stuff and heading back, so I would have a good while to gather my thoughts.

I smiled at Ronnie, he was weird, but in a good way though. He was nice enough to take care of Oliver and I even though he probably was a mad scientist. I watched Oli get up and nodded at him before he lefts. I sighed softly and played with the last bit of cereal in my bowl. It was so awkward now between her and Oli. He said he didnt hate her, but then why was it suddenly so weird between us. Was it because he knew that I had gotten jealous over that girl and then just decided to kiss a total stranger? Did Oli think that I liked him?

... ... ...

Well I kinda do, but I don't know. It was just difficult and complicated. I sighed and stood up with my bowl, I wasn't hungry anymore. Maybe I should talk to Ronnie about this, maybe he knew what to do to get things back to normal. I poured the rest of my bowl into the sink and put it in the dishwasher before I moved to sit back down. "Hey Ronnie?" I asked. "Do you think Oliver has been acting weird lately?"

Ronnie sighed loudly and turned to face Sarah. "Well I could sugar coat this, but you know that I'm not really that kind of person" he said with a smile "But Oli's acting just as strangely as you'd expect. This is the first time he's ever been in love, after all..." Before Sarah could ask anymore, Ronnie had shot up the stairs and towards the library.

I got to a point where I was continuously sprinting my track, because every time I slowed down my mind got overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions. And lo and behold, what appeared just to tip my ice berg of sanity, the guy that had been with Sarah the night before. He was no less than ten meters from me, talking on the phone, and I could my blood curdling as I approached...

I listened to Ronnie, kinda surprised by his answer. "In love?" I asked, but before I could ask more Ronnie already ran upstairs. Who was Oli in love with? I searched my mind with all the girls he met so far so that was just the girl from last night and me... I covered my face and blushed furiously, oh god I'm so stupid! Why didn't I see that before?! I had to go find him! "Ronnie, I'll be right back!" I shouted and tossed the blanket off of my shoulders before hopping into shoes and running out the front door. I had to find Oliver. How had I been so stupid to do those things yesterday? All because of jealousy. I had to find him and tell him, this could go horribly wrong. I was in an unfamiliar state and I had no idea where he went.

As I approached him at a jog, a million thoughts ran through my head about what I was going to do. I stopped just a meter away from him, though he didn't notice because he was so engulfed in his phone conversation. I felt the sparks of electricity running between my fingers grow sharper and more powerful. But as I was reaching for him, one memory popped into my head and made me freeze. I had promised Sarah I would just leave this guy be, and I hadn't lied to her once yet, apart from not telling her how I felt, but that didn't really count anyways. She was the one person I had left in this world that I knew without any doubt I could trust, and if I broke that bond we shared, what would I have left? My hand dropped to my side again, the guy still not having even recognized my existence, and I made my way down to the beach. It took me a little while, but I walked straight to where I used to go as a kid when I was upset. It was a small, secluded area of the beach that you had to climb through a small gap in a rock to get to, but there was never anyone there. Just me. I sat on the soft sand and looked out at the ocean, content that I had made the right choice, but my mind still racing nonetheless.

I ran as far as I could and dared. I was out of breathe and I didn't want to get anymore lost then I already was. Maybe I should just wait at the house for Oliver to come back. I kinda should have done that from the start, cause I was sti wearing the clothes I had slept in. I started walking back to the mansion lost in thought, I honestly don't know why I had run out after Oli. What would I have done, told him that I have feelings too or kiss him? Maybe he didn't even like me, but I wouldn't know who else it could have been. Why hadn't he just told me? Sighing I reached the mansion again after 10-15 minutes and stepped inside. I was still feeling slightly off and went to lay back in bed not knowing what to think, waiting for Oliver to come back.

After I was sure that I had completely settled down and was back to my normal, over-confident, sarcastic self, I stood up, dusted the sand off of me and headed to the shopping center. I hit the Pharmacy, and bought a bag full of different kinds of medicine, because I wasn't a hundred percent sure which ones Sarah really needed. It took a little longer to get the cellphones, as I had to sign a whole bunch contracts and everything, but in the end I had two awesome phones, one Metallic Grey and the other Ruby Gold, each with unlimited everything. I made my way home fairly slowly, as I was carrying a lot of glass and two really expensive phones, and called "Yo, I'm home." as I entered the mansion and shut the door behind me.

I had just been thinking as I relaxed in bed. Now I didn't really know how to aproach Oliver, I didn't want it to get awkward again. He was the only person that I had right now I don't know if I wanted to mess that up by saying that I liked him too. What if we weren't meant to be together as a couple but just as friends? Maybe I should just wait for him to do something... I groaned and buried my head into the pillow and pulled the covers over my head, I was overthinking everything again. I was so busy in my mind that I didn't hear Oliver come back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back