• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{JKthegreat & KneelingAngel} Everything is Not as it Seems...

((@KneelingAngel Sorry for taking so long and the long post xD ))

"I know that that facility, and all of you kids, was the last hope of this planet surviving what ever the hell is coming our way." He said, a look of mixed desperation and hopelessness in his eyes as he spoke "And now...just two of you. And no facility. I would say our odds of survival have dropped just slightly." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. 'Okay." He said, looking less hopeless and more determined and authoritative "I will get into contact with some of our people, find out what they know about the attack on the facility and what our next step is in terms of protecting you. In the mean time, follow me." I kept my hand tightly grasped with Sarah's as we followed Ronnie up the stairs and through countless corridors until we opened the door to my Uncle's library.

It was a huge room, probably as big as most public libraries, and must have held over two thousand books. Ronnie led us to one of the ladders that scaled up the shelves, and led it towards one of them, obviously having memorized where he was going. He climbed it until he reached the third last row from the top, ran his fingers along the books and then rested it on one. He pulled it out, and I expected the whole thing to turn into a secret room of some kind, but the book simply slid out. He climbed down the ladder and handed it to me. "This book." He said, placing a finger on top of the dusty cover "Was written bu a prophet known as Isiah somewhere around 120 B.C. He spoke of 'The Chosen Ones' that were to come when the Earth truly needed them, who would wield powers beyond all human capabilities. Of course, everyone passed it off as nonsense, but when you kids were born, and your powers were discovered, we realized that all of you were in this book. In incredible detail. Hair color, eye color, what powers you would have. It was all here. And I'm giving it to you because it also contains both your weaknesses and how to harness and use your powers to their best capabilities." I flipped through the book, and found the pages detailing us. I found what must have been Sarah's, and every single detail written in there was spot on.

"The book is also the pass code to your hideout in here. A secret hiding place underground that we created for you kids that only myself, your father and your uncle knew about." Ronnie said after we'd had a bit of time to examine the book. He took it from me and went over to the desk in the corner of the room. He pushed a button underneath it, and a slot opened in the middle, just big enough to fit a book. He placed the book in the slot and a section of the bookshelf nearest us fell away, revealing a pathway. "It stays open for thirty seconds after the book is removed" he said, taking the book and ushering us into the corridor. "How does it know which book it is?" I asked, as we made our way down the sleek, long, white corridor that seemed to be moving downwards.. "Specific chip about as thin as paper imprinted on each page. That's why its imperative that you keep this safe. If one page goes missing, it won't open the door anymore." We eventually reached the end of the corridor, and it opened up into an enormous, very modern room. That was split into four subsections. In one corner, a physical training room, filled with all sorts of gym equipment. In the 2nd corner, what looked to be a ginormous blast-proof room which was probably where we were meant to train our abilities. In the third corner, a giant computer, which looked like the most advanced screen, which contained about ten different screens hooked up to one machine. "Don't touch that" Ronnie said, as he saw me eyeing the super-computer "Only I can touch that." And in the fourth corner what looked to be an elevator of sorts. "That leads down into a hidden garage." Ronnie explained "Filled with tons of different types of car and motorbikes that have all been modified with different 'attachments.'" He shot us a wide grin as he said the word attachments. I was at a loss for words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah's head was spinning thanks to all the info, it was a lot to take in and she didn't know how much she liked it. She was starting to get scared. This was bigger then she could have imagined, bigger then they all had imagined. Sarah just held Oliver's hand and hugged his arm as she tried to progress the info that they had just gotten. "Why didn't any one tell us this before?" She asked Ronnie, she just didn't understand any of it when she was usually really smart, she wasn't liking this whole thing as much as Oliver was.

I could immediately feel Sarah tensing up behind me, and I could understand why. But since we had already been barraged with tons of insane information only a few weeks ago when we were first taken, I managed to take this one more in my stride. I took a deep breath, and turned back to Ronnie. "Just a few questions." I said, proud of how calm and regimented I sounded "First, what the hell do we need all of this stuff for? Two, who are these 'People' you're going to contact and three, what's the point of all of this if the planet's last hope has already been destroyed?"

He addressed me calmly, obviously having regained his cool after the mini panic attack that he had when we got back from shopping. "I'll answer those in backwards order, I think." he said, turning his back to us as he spoke "I may have over exaggerated slightly when I said it was our 'last hope.' With you two still alive and with the other areas that we have invested in to try and keep us all safe, we still have a fighting chance. But its not going to be easy. As for the 'people' I'm contacting, they're just people from different divisions of the project you were apart of. You know, the one to make sure that our planet stays as one planet and not a million smaller pieces. And as for this place, you two need to train. You need practice in fighting and your powers and you need it both in here, where you train, and out in the real world. So what's the best way to get you to be able to do all of those things in a way that is still useful to society, you may ask? Well, its simple, actually. You two are going to be California's very own Vigilantes." He beamed at me as I started blankly at him.

Sarah just looked at Ronnie as if he had grown two heads before she snapped out of it. "I'm going to get some air and rethink all you just told me." She told Ronnie. Not that she didn't trust him. It was just weird and a lot. Honestly she just wanted to go to a bar, get drunk and make out with some guy maybe even have a little fun before her life would change into that of a comic book. Sarah didn't wait for Oliver and just turned on her heels, finding her way back through the hall and above ground again.

Je suis Charlie

I sighed, loudly, and turned to chase after Sarah, but Ronnie quickly grabbed my arm. "Look Oli, I know this is a lot to take in, and I'm sorry." he said sympathetically, while his face remained stern and strong "But you have to realize that this is the best way to train you kids and to get you some sort of experience, as movie-like as it may seem. So I just need you to trust me on this one. And please stick as close to her as possible at all times. You guys have no idea who might be looking for you." I gave him a nod to show that I understood and agreed, and rushed off up the corridor where Sarah had gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah had found her way, outside and was sitting on one of the chairs near the pool, just looking around as she thought. She heard Oliver's footsteps and smirked. He was so sweet, always coming after her. "Sorry." She said. "It was a little bit much. Had to get some air, you know." She sighed softly and looked at him. She had a headache from all the info but she would be fine after a minute.

Je suis Charlie

I sighed in relief as I eventually found Sarah sitting near the pool, glad that she hadn't rushed off to some random place out of frustration. "I know what you mean." I said, sitting on the chair opposite her and looking up at the clear blue sky "We have had a lot of weird shit that people seem to like to tell us all at once. They never give us little bits of info at a time and let us absorb it, just throw it all in our face at once." I turned my eyes to her before I continued "But you know we'll find a way to deal with this, if we stick together. We've been through a hell of a lot worse than being told we're going to be the next Batman and Catwoman, right?" I gave her a slight grin to try and lighten the mood.

Sarah listened to him and rolled his eyes at the batman thing. "I'd prefer Hawkeye and Black Widow." She said before bursting out into laughter. He went over to sit beside him and smiled. "We're 19 and basically secret agents, that's gonna be fun." She said and looked at the sky. "Don't get shot or anything, okay? You don't have a defense shield." She teased and nudged him. She looked at Ronnie when he came over with some cold drinks. "Thanks Ronnie, sorry for dreaming out." She said with an apologetic smile and took the drink he handed her.

Je suis Charlie

Ronnie chuckled and said "I would be reacting a lot worse than you are, if I was in your situation" before retreating back into the house. "I'm pretty sure." I said, grinning at Sarah again "And correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw Batman at plenty of parties in the movies," I raised an expectant eyebrow at her as I sipped at my drink slowly.

Sarah scoffed a laugh. "Everybody knows that the avengers have more parties, come on, they have multi billionaire Tony Stark." She smirked. This was a little more relaxed. Just talking about fun geeky stuff as they had a drink. "Would you like to join me for a swim batman boy?" She teased and took off her shoes before jumping in the pool with her clothes on.

Je suis Charlie

"Are you fucking serious?" I said, trying to sound mad but failing as I still had a stupid smirk plastered on my face "I literally just got these clothes like twenty minutes ago and now..." I stopped talking because I had already kicked off my shoes and I took a huge leap into the pool, flicking my head above the surface as I came up. I couldn't help but laugh as I swam over to Sarah with a wide grin planted firmly on my lips.

"Oh look at mister lighting bolt crying, poor thing has to get wet." Sarah mocked and dived under water. She loved the water. It made her feel like home. They had a swimming pool at her house. "Do you think my parents know about all this?" She asked Oliver all of the sudden. She still wondered who her real parents was. She felt sorry, he didn't even get to say goodbye to his father, though they never searched the ruins. Maybe some made it out.

Je suis Charlie

I sighed and shook my head solemnly. "No, I don't think so" I said, pulling myself up so I was sitting on the edge of the pool "You heard Ronnie. Him, my dad and my uncle were the only people that knew about this place. If your parents did know, I don't think they were supposed to." I sighed, but realized I was dulling what had been a much lighter mood for a few seconds. "But we can think about that later" I said mischievously, an evil grin appearing on my face as I dived towards her and grabbed her from under the water, slinging her over my shoulder. "Gotta practice for when I'm saving damsels in distress while wearing my tights" I said evilly.

Oliver, don't you dare." Sarah said when she saw the grin. She shrieked when he tossed her over his shoulder. "I am not a damsel in distress!" She yelled at him and kicked her legs before she started laughing. She wrapped around his shoulder so her head was on his other soldier. "Hey Oliver?" The moment his head turned, she kissed him and got out of her grip. "And that is how the damsel saves herself."she smirked once she was above water again.

Je suis Charlie

I turned to her as she called my name and, suddenly, she kissed me. It was a brief kiss, not even two seconds, but for that short time, my brain shorted out and it felt like everything around me froze. I hardly registered as she managed to free herself from my grip and rose out of the water triumphantly. "Uh...yeah I guess that works." I stuttered, clearing my throat as I tried to regain my cool "I think I'm gonna go...grab something to eat." Without waiting for her response, I hopped out the pool, grabbed a towel and dashed into my room, shutting the door hard behind me. I could still feel my heart thumping at the rate of a race car against my chest. What the hell was wrong with me? I had kissed plenty of girls before, for a lot longer than that, and never once did I have a reaction like this. Its okay. I'm calm I thought, as I took deep breaths to slow my heart beat You were just surprised. Shocked. That's all. After I had calmed down and convinced myself that it had just been shock that caused my strange reaction, I grabbed a white vest and shorts from the clothes that I bought and threw them on before leaving my room again.

Sarah was silent when Oliver left the pool. Once he was gone she bit her lip and growled as she scolded herself in her head. How could she have done that? Now he was going to hate her. She sighed and got out of the water as well before wrapping a towel around herself and heading for her room. She took a shower and got redressed into a pair of jeans and a nice white shirt. She didn't want to leave her room. She had upset Oliver. How could she? Her stomach growled and decided to go get some food from the kitchen. She had once again ruined their happy mood.

Je suis Charlie

I walked out of the room, whistling loudly to try and portray that there was nothing wrong. I walked past Sarah's door, which I saw was closed, and stopped for a second. Should I say something? Or should I just leave it? I decided the first option was always the better one in these kinds of situations. I gave her door a light tap and said "Hey, Sarah. Can I come in?" I waited patiently for her response as I contemplated what I would say once I was inside.

Sarah had gotten some cookies to eat in her room and was sitting on her bed, munching away when there was a knock on her door. She got a little bit uncomfortable when she heard Oliver's voice, but it wasn't like she could ignore him forever. She hadn't even done anything wrong really, it was just weird and awkward. "You know that you don't have to ask." Sarah said and watched as he came in. "Want a cookie?" She asked. She hated being awkward, she just wanted to forget what she did and make him comfortable.

I smiled a little and shook my head. "Nah, I'm good thanks" I said, taking a seat next to her and focusing my attention on pretty much anything but her. "Listen, about what happened back there..." I said, trailing off as I finally picked up the courage to look at her as I spoke "Sorry about...that reaction. Don't really know why I reacted like that. Just a little...surprised I guess. Anyway, we good? I didn't want to make anything weird for you." I looked at her expectantly, hoping she didn't think any differently of me now.

"Of course, we're good." Sarah said and placed the cookies down. "You don't have to apologize, I just shouldn't have done that so I'm sorry." She said with a small smile. She didn't know why she had done it, it was just the first thing that came to mind to get out of his arms, but she had been stupid since he probably had some feelings for Serafine even though she was probably dead. "We should go out and have some fun before we basically join secret service." She joked and winked at him. "Why don't you show me around the best clubs in California?" She smirked.

"I pretty much own the best clubs in California." I said with a smirk, my confidence clearly having returned in full strength "But that sounds like a good plan. Let's not get too smashed this time, okay? Really don't want a repeat of the last time we went clubbing. Anyway, put some nice shit on and meet me downstairs in twenty minutes. Two...Zero...minutes. Okay?" Without getting a reply, I shot her a wink and exited the room. I had a shower and put on a fancy, tight, navy blue shirt I had picked out, black jeans and some smart black shoes before waiting for Sarah at the bottom of the stairs.

Sarah smirked and went to get dressed when Oliver left. She pulled on a short pink dress with open back and her black high heels before quickly putting up her hair and quickly some make up. She quickly walked out the bedroom and down the stairs. "To comment on the drinking thing. I am getting wasted one last time before shit gets serious." She smirked and smiled when she saw Oliver's outfit. "Yeah right, as if you're not planned on getting wasted, looking like that." She laughed once she reached the floor. "Shall we go?" She smirked.

"I say'd try not get too smashed" I said with a grin, as I tucked my arm in hers, led her to one of the cars (the Aston Martin), and opened her door for her "So here's the plan. We're going to hit three different clubs, starting from the third best and working our way up. Once we've gone through all of them, if we're still not satisfied we'll hit one of the beach parties and see how we do from there. Sound good?" I got into the seat next to her and Ronnie arrived shortly afterwards. I had already had a quick talk with me, and he said he would come with us and drive us around without drinking. I had been out clubbing with him once before and he was a riot, even when he wasn't drunk. "Ronnie. Party number 3 please." He nodded with a smirk and shot off towards the club.

"Sounds like a plan." Sarah grinned and stepped in the car. Her mouth dropped, she had never been in a car like this is was awesome and Sarah had to struggle not to squee. Sarah relaxed as Ronnie drove them and beamed when she saw club number 3 . Now that they had Ronnie with them, they didn't have to worry about walking home drunk. Sarah just wanted to have one last wild night before all the misery started. "Holy crap." She said as she saw the club and stepped out. "This is awesome.

"And this is only club number 3" I said with a grin as I helped her out of the car "You should see..." I was cut off in my speech by a man that I saw in the corner of my eye, screaming as he ran towards me "OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIII." He crashed into me with a gigantic force and pulled me into a tight hug. "Oh Jesus Christ, Dave." I said, as I hugged him back "You scared the living shit out of me. And you smell like ass and booze and its like five o'clock. I honestly thought you'd be dead by the time I came back here." He giggled a bit and managed to slur "I'm still alive en' kiken baby...whose this lovely young lass ya have with ya...hi mi' lady my names Dave....Dave Plortihnsno." He offered his hand to Sarah and I laughed a bit. "He means Portinson, but I think hes a teensy bit drunk so hes finding difficult." Dave gave me a sloppy salute and turned away from us. "Cya lata..." He mumbled as he stumbled towards the club. "You meet some interesting people round here." I said as I led Sarah into the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back