• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{JKthegreat & KneelingAngel} Everything is Not as it Seems...

"I guess you're right. I had kinda forgotten about that." I admitted and stepped into this closed box that was big enough for my shield to expanded. This trained me in not to use my entire shield and use al my energy, but just parts of my shield so I would learn how to defend myself from any angle and how to train my shield in becoming stronger. I put it on easy before hitting the button, I didn't want to die and have it fire bullets at me so it started by throwing pebbles at me. First time it hit me I accidentally activated my entire shield. This was going to take a while how to figure this out.

After a few hours of training, I had started to get the hang of it, but I was still scared that I would kill someone when I was just trying to injure them, no matter how good I had got. I decided to call it a day and poked my head into Sarah's room and said "Yo, gonna call it a day and pick it up again tomorrow. You done or you still got some stuff to get through?" I cocked an inquisitive eyebrow as I waited for her response, and wiped ar arm across my sweaty forehead.

I eventually managed to get a hold of it somewhat. I had managed to split my defense shield, I would need a lot of training to eventually control it in pieces, but I would get it. I snapped out of focus when I heard Oli which cause my shield to break, making the pebbles fly in his direction. "Oliver careful!" I said quickly, but then somehow I had managed to put a shield in front of Oliver before the little stones hit his face. I quickly moved to push the stop button and removed the shield in front of him. I looked at him before I happily cheered. I had done what I wanted to do. "Yes, let's call it a day." I smiled and walked out with him with a big happy smile on my face.

The only think I managed to do in the amount of time I had was close my eyes and hope that the pebbles didn't pierce my eyes. But they didn't. They didn't hit me at all, that is. Sarah had been quick enough to put a shield inches away from me that stopped the pebbles from even making a scratch. "Wow." I said, a stunned grin on my face as we walked up the corridor and back up to the main section of the mansion, quite eager to get some shut eye and see what the next day had in store for us "You got really good really quickly. That's impressive. You must have trained your ass off in there."

I scratched my neck with a shy smile. "No really." I said. "I couldn't get it to work during training, but I guess if I do it on instinct its a lot better." I said and looked up at him. "How did your training go?" I asked him as I lead us to the kitchen, I was hungry and I wanted some food really bad. I didn't really trust Ronnies cooking, no offense. I found ingredients and decided to cook food for us ourselves. I had no idea what I wanted to make though.

"Uh...well" I said bashfully, as I took a seat in turned my chair to face her as she cooked, as I didn't have the slightest clue how to cook anything beyond toast "I'm still struggling to find the line between a bruise on someone's arm...and instant death...which scares me. I'm gonna need a hell of a lot more work before I actually use my electricity ability out in the real world, but the invisibility thing I pretty much have down, which is a good start I guess." I scratched the back of my neck nervously as I spoke, imagining having to fight a whole crowd without using my main offensive power.

I thought about what Oliver said. "I think you'll be okay." I said and looked at him over my shoulder. "We'll find a way to make it work. At least you have awesome powers. I know that if you really tried you could take the power of the entire city, I can't even punch a person." I did and cut some vegetables. Everybody in the facility had had these awesome powers while I was stuck with my lame ones. I could only use defense and climb ceilings, my powers wouldn't even be able to hurt a fly. Oliver was smart he would be able to figure it out sooner or later.

"Yeah I probably could, but I also gotta make sure that I don't over-do it" I said, my eyes wondering into the middle of nowhere as my mind did the same "I don't know my own limits yet, so I gotta make sure I can handle something before I try it. And plus your powers are just as useful as mine, once you learn to fight or even at least to protect yourself. I'm offensive, you're defensive. We complement each other perfectly. The ultimate team." I shot her a reassuring smile as I watched her carefully preparing the meal with precision and ease.

I sighed softly. "Yeah I guess you're right." I said and put some chicken in garlic before putting it in the frying pan. I grabbed two big potatoes and put them in aluminium foil before popping it in the oven with some butter. "I'm sure we'll be fine. We're just anxious that's all. I mean, tomorrow is a pretty hectic day I'm guessing... Do you think those people know about our powers?" I asked and placed some cut carrots and cucumber down in front of him on a plate so we had something to snack on as we waited for everything to be done.

"Well, seeing as though they had enough knowledge to know about the facility and how to infiltrate it to, well, destroy it" I said, coughing slightly before the last part, as it was still difficult to think about "I think they at least know that we have powers. Whether or not they know what powers each of us had, that we can't really be sure of, but for now we should assume that they do know."

I munched on a cucumber as Oli talked. I hadn't meant for him to bring up the facility. I knew it was still hard on him. He had lost his dad after all even though he never talked about his feelings. I nodded at him and turned back to the stove to flip the chicken in the frying pan. "I'm a little excited though. It's gonna be like we're in the movies." I giggled and turned back to him. "Would we be a marvel or dc comic?" I joked.

"You gotta go DC." I said, grinning as the topic lightened up a bit again "They've got the best heroes, plus I'm planning on being Batman with superpowers, so I gotta stay true to that side of things." I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and downed it quickly, the exhaustion from the long training session already starting to get to me as my mind ran wild with what would happen in the next day.

"DC?! Are you kidding me?" I laughed. "Batman is the only grey superhero they have, the rest is crap. We're definitely Marval heroes." I said with a big playful smile on my face. I popped a piece of carrot in my face befor I turned back to finish the food and placed it on two plates before handing Oliver his. I grabbed a drink and sat down next to him as I took a bite of the garlic chicken. "We should go out and get ice cream later, just a little unhealthy before tomorrow." I smiled. I was really happy. This was probably the last time things would be 'normal'.

"Hang on, hold up, wait..." I said quietly, hardly even registering her comment about getting some ice cream, a look of mock rage contorting my face "Did you just say...that Marvel...is better than DC...Did you actually just say that?" I threw my napkin down in 'disgust' and left the room saying "I'm done...so done..." Only to return to my seat a minute later. "I hope you know" I said with a grin as I tucked into the delicious looking food "This means we can no longer be around each other."

I laughed at Oliver's reaction and smiled. "Yes I did say that and I'm sticking to my word." I said and watched him leave and come back. "Oh really?" I asked him and pulled his plate back. "I'm guessing you wouldn't want any food either then?" I teased and put some butter on my potato. "Too bad you're kinda stuck to me." I smiled and stuck my tongue out at him before shoving him lightly.

"I would walk out that door right now..." I said, the conviction in my voice slowly starting to die "If I actually thought I could stand up again without eating something first. But still! Its the principal that counts." I grinned at her as I grabbed the plate back and stabbed my fork into a potato. "You know" I said, in between huge mouthfuls of food "You're a pretty good cook. Someone teach you before or something?"

I laughed at Oliver, he was so funny and adorable. I looked at the plate of food and continued eating myself. "My mom taught me when I was a little kid." I smiled. "I used to be really close to her until my little sister was born. I guess knowing now makes me understand why she was happy with my little sister, it was her own baby when I was just an experiment." I said smiling a bit sadly. "My dad was always there for me so I didnt feel completely abandoned." I said and shrugged the feeling off. I wish I could see them again at some point, but I knew the chances were slim.

((That's fine :D ))

"Well now you'll never have to feel like that again" I said in a joking tone, though I was very serious "Though, I guess, when I'm the one thats not abandoning you, you may want to feel like you're alone sometimes." I grinned and winked at her as I polished off the last bit of food on my plate, washing it out in the sink before sitting opposite her again, thoughts of my own childhood beginning to run through my mind.

I smiled softly at him and looked at my plate for a second. "Thank you Oliver, you always know what to say to make me feel a little better." I said and finished my food. After he cleaned his plate, I cleaned mine and hugged him from behind before I moved to sit back where I sat before. I started thinking about what we had been doing the last couple of weeks with the other and the facility. We still didn't know who they were or why they wanted to attack us. "We should have a movie night!" I said suddenly. We both needed to cheer up and just relax a little before the hard work would start.

(Sorry I've been gone so long! Forgive me! TT^TT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back