• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

{JKthegreat & KneelingAngel} Everything is Not as it Seems...

Sarah jumped alert when someone shouted Oliver's name and crashed into him. When she saw how drunk the guy was, she loosened up and managed to laugh. She shook Dave's hand and introduced herself before watching the guy stumble back into the club. "You've never been to Florida, I'm guess." Sarah smiled and entered the club with Oliver. She didn't want to be completely wasted after the first club, so she didn't get anything too strong to begin with. "So where do you know Dave from?" She asked Oliver. Did Oliver used to be like that too? It kinda made her giggle, remembering how drunk they were when the first went out, though that wasn't even the worst she had ever been. She could be worse then Dave if she wanted too.

"Where do I know Dave from..." I said contemplatively, as I took a sip of my drink that had just arrived "I taught that guy how to party, pretty much. Now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't cause look what i did to the poor guy..." I couldn't help but laugh as I pointed over to Dave, who was grinding with a girl that looked to be almost drunker than he was. I looked around the club, hoping that there was no one else that would recognize me. I didn't want to draw any attention, but it was kind of difficult seeing as though I knew everyone in the area when I was younger. I took a last sip of the drink and took Sarah's hand quickly. "Let's go dance" I said with a grin "Before we get drunk this time."

Sarah laughed as Oliver talked about Dave. He had done that? She had not expected that. Sarah could guess that a lot of people knew who Oliver was, she just hoped that if they saw him that they would tell the wrong people. She sipped her drink when Oliver asked her to dance. "As if I could say no that that face of yours." Sarah joked and took a last swig from her drink before grabbing his hand and pulling him to the dance floor. It was quite packed even though it was only a little after five PM. "Do people always club this early here?" Sarah shouted over the music before she started dancing. She was just a girl from Florida and wanted to have fun in California for now.

"Yeah its really strange" I said, grinning at her as we both started to find the rhythm of the music quickly "Almost like a tradition in these parts. Its not that we end earlier, we just party longer." I grinned at her until I was interrupted by a girl that grabbed my hand and pulled me into the middle of the dance floor. She was about my age and really cute, and she immediately had her hand on my chest before she even asked my name. I had lost track of Sarah already, but I knew she'd be fine and I started dancing with the girl.

Sarah watched as a girl suddenly grabbed Oliver and dragged him away. She could see that she had her hands all over him as they danced, why was this bugging her? Sarah bit her lip and went back to the bar, but before she could order anything, a glass was pushed in front of her. Sarah turned her head and saw a guy, a little bit older then her smiling down at her. "A pretty lady shouldn't have that expression on her face this early the night in." He said. "Name is Cale, What's yours?" He asked. "Sarah." Sarah smiled and thanked him for the drink. Once the two of them finished their drinks and got to know each other a little more, Cale pulled Sarah to the dance floor. He wrapped his arms and Sarah smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. If Oliver could dance with someone else, then so could she, but what she didn't expect was Cale kissing her as they danced against each other.

After a while, I found myself feeling a little guilty that I had ditched Sarah on our last wild night, so I gave the girl a wink and made my way back over to where we first were, the other girl looking pretty disappointed, but not taking long to find another guy. I just managed to see Sarah's head when I looked over the crowd, and as I made my way over to her my heart stopped dead in its tracks. She was dancing with another guy, which was fine, but he was...kissing her. I once again had the sudden urge to be out of there, and I broke quickly out of the club door. My breathing was heavy and my mind filled with violent thoughts, but I couldn't help but wonder, again, why this bothered me so much. But I think I knew the answer to that. I had known the answer since Sarah had pushed me up against the wall in the airport. I knew it when I stayed with her on the first night we arrived in California. It was the reason that I had all of these strange reactions towards her. I had known it all this time but only now was I able to admit it to myself.

"I'm in love with her..." I said quietly to myself, the thought racing through my mind a million times in an instant. I thought about going in there. About telling her how I felt and sauntering away into the sunset. Happily ever after. But that's not how it would go for me, is it? I would walk in there, pour my heart out to her, then she would laugh, tell me to stop being such a clown, and continue making out with that random guy. I sighed and only then realized that I had been walking away from the club the whole time that I had been thinking and was now close to the beach. I found a bench, overlooking the sea, and took a seat, running my hands through my hair as I gazed out at the beautiful rolling waves. What now, Oli? I thought to myself as my mind finally started to calm once again What do you do now?

Sarah heard the door bang open, causing her to snap out of it and push the guy away from her. "I have to go." She told cale. She had to find Oliver, but before she could go anywhere the guy grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to his chest. "but I wasn't done with you yet." He said, though Sarah could clearly hear a snarl. "Let me go you asshole!" She snapped and try to wiggle out of his arm, but it was no use. He started to pull her away from the crowd. Sarah struggled against his grip but it was still useless. Cale suddenly dragged her into a small room and pinned her against the wall. "No stop!" Sarah pleaded as Cale started kissing her neck and groping her different places. "Cale stop please!" She started to panic when he undid his close and pulled up her skirt before kissing her again. "STOP!" She snapped and without knowing had put up her defense shield and pushed him away. She saw his eyes go wide, but she quickly kicked off her shoes and ran for it. Where was Oliver? She couldn't see Ronnie either. Shaking her head, Sarah ran out the club. She started walking towards the house and hugged herself. She hoped that Oliver was having a good time with that girl.

Je suis Charlie

I eventually decided that it was time to head back to the car. I had sat there for long enough contemplating what I had just come to realize, and decided that feeling sorry for myself wasn't going to help anyone. So, you're in love with her... I thought as I began to make my way back towards the club So what? You don't need to act on it. Just keep it hidden. Somehow. I shook my head as I walked, and glanced up, just in time to see Sarah heading away from the club herself. I was about to put on a fake smile and ask her how her night was going, but then I saw a look of shock...and fear on her face, and the expression on mine immediately turned serious but still comforting. "Hey!" I called as I ran over to her and put a hand on her shoulder "Hey, what happened? Are you okay?"

Sarah jumped when someone shouted hey. She turned and saw that it was Oliver. She was relieved, but then again angry. If he hadn't left her he would have been fine. "Don't touch me." She said and took a step back. "Why don't you ask that girl that you were dancing with if I'm okay." Was she jealous? Sarah gritted her teeth and bit her lip. "I'm fine." She said and started walking again. "Just leave me alone." Both were big fat lies. She wasn't fine and she wanted to be with Oliver. He was her shield. She hid the bruised in her neck and covered up her wrists with the bracelet. She just wanted to go home. "I'm walking." She said and didn't wait for an answer to walk away.

Je suis Charlie

"You're seriously throwing that in my face?" I said, at first thinking about just leaving it and walking with her, but the anger and jealousy inside of me hitting the surface "Yeah, I danced with a girl for like five minutes. And then what happened? I felt guilty about leaving you, so I ditched her to come find you. And then..." I trailed off as the feeling of my heart stopping dead and the feeling of what I imagined a gunshot to the chest would feel like returned to memory. "You were...preoccupied..." my voice was softer again, and I the jealousy not so pent up anymore "I'm sorry I left you, but I...needed some air, okay? You need to tell me what happened in there, though? You look really shaken up."

Sarah turned around with a snarl. "I almost got raped, how about that!" She snapped. "I accidentally activate my shield to push him away, now happy?!" She asked. He shouldn't have left her, but she shouldn't have trusted the guy. She was a terrible person. "Just leave me alone." She mumbled and got all teary. She wanted to cry, but not in front of the last person she trusted.

Je suis Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I sighed and fell into step with her. I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her shoulders as we walked. I was doing a great job of hiding it, but I had an anger burning inside of me that I had never felt before. All I wanted to do at that point in time was find the guy that I had seen Sarah with and turn him inside out, literally. But right now I needed to somehow stay calm and get Sarah home safe. I knew what I would be doing once she was safely asleep in the house. "You can tell me to go away all you want." I said, looking straight ahead as we walked "But I think you know that's not going to happen. I'm going to be there with you through all of this, whether you want me there or not. Maybe I didn't show that very well tonight, but you know that its true." Hoping she still wasn't too angry, I tucked my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me as we walked. "I'm here for you. No matter what." I whispered gently into her ear.

The moment Oliver said that, Sarah hugged his side and buried her head in his shoulder, softly crying. It had probably been the worst experience of her life. "I'm sorry Oli. I'm sorry." She mumbled and sniffed. She didn't want to be alone tonight. She wouldn't be able to stand it. She wanted to go home, take a shower and just sleep. She was still in slight shock and shaking. "That club sucked." She mumbled with a short laugh. She sure as hell wasn't going back there again.

Je suis Charlie

"I think me and you should just stop clubbing" I said with a smirk as we walked "Like in general. It doesn't seem to agree with us very well." Suddenly, a car pulled up in front of us and a head popped out the window. "Now where do you two think you're going?" Ronnie asked, as I helped Sarah into the car "I have been looking all over for you. Couldn't find either of you anywhere in the club, I was really panicking." Once we were both in, I put my arm around Sarah again to comfort her. "Sorry Ronnie. We got sidetracked a little. Take us home please." He nodded and the car sped off towards the house.

Sarah slightly panicked at the car, but then she saw Ronnie and sighed a little. "Sorry Ronnie, it was my fault." She said once she was in the car. She leaned into Oliver's side and tried to keep it all together. Once they reached the house, Oliver helped her out of the car and they stepped into the house. "I'm gonna take a shower." Sarah said and headed to the bathroom. She undressed and looked at herself in the mirror. Her wrists were bruised from Cale's grip and her neck was covered in hickeys and bite marks. It made her sick. Sarah stepped under ice cold water and rubbed Cale's germs off of her until her skin was red and lips blue. Sarah stepped out with chattering teeth and got dressed in the warmest clothes that she had before heading to Oliver's room. She knocked on the door and bit her lip. "O-Oliver c-can I stay with you t-tonight?" She asked softly. She could understand if he said no.

Je suis Charlie

I had a long shower, after which I just put on some long pants and sat on my bed for awhile until I heard a knock on my door. Sarah came in, looking extremely cold, and half asked half stuttered if she could stay with me for the night. I went over to her quickly and wrapped my arms around her. "Yeah of course." I said, pulling her to me tightly "Why are you so cold? You feel like ice." I took her to the bed and once she was in I climbed in next to her and wrapped my arms around her again, trying to warm her up as much as possible.

Sarah was happy that Oliver let her in. She went to sit in his bed and smiled slightly, though still shivering, when he hugged her. "I just took a cold shower." She said. "Helps wash away all the bad stuff you know." She said and leaned into him. She felt so gross, she could still feel Cale's hands on her body and it freaked her out. She stayed in Oliver's arms until she was a bit warmer and relaxed a little. She was never going out again without Oliver, she never wanted to lose sight of him again. "Sorry. I must be a real pain in the ass." She said softly.

"You really are." I said with a grin as we settled into each other "But your one of those pains that I can't live without. You know what I mean." I pulled her closer to me and whispered "Get some sleep. We've had a shitty day and I think that's really what we need." I gently stroked the side of her arm with my hand as I felt myself become a little drowsy.

Sarah softly slapped Oliver against his chest when he said that she was a pain, but smiled softly against his words.She nodded when he said that they should go to bed and slowly closed her eyes, before she knew it the darkness took over and she fell asleep. In the morning, Sarah woke herself with a loud sneeze and groaned. She turned around and snuggled closer to Oliver's warmth. She felt sick, which didn't surprise her since she had a freezing shower the day before.

I thought about going after the guy once I knew that Sarah was asleep, but decided against it as I knew I needed my full strength to do what I was going to do to him. I fell asleep shortly after she did, and was awoken what felt like minutes later by a loud sneeze. It took me a few moments to register that it was Sarah, who looked a little sick and was still cuddled against me. Most guys would probably take that as a sign to get far away, but I grabbed a tissue from next to the bed, handed it to her and tightened my arms around her as we lay there. "You not feeling so good it seems." I said quietly to her, stroking her cheek gently "You want me to get you something?"

Sarah shook her head and grabbed the tissue from Oliver, ignoring the warm feeling his finger left on her cheek. "Nah, it's just a shower cold, I'll be fine again tomorrow. I've had it before." She said and blew her nose away from Oliver before throwing it in the trash from the bed. He turned back to Oliver and snuggled back into him. "I apologize in advance for getting you sick as well if you catch it." Sarah said and sighed softly. She was not looking forward to today, he body did not want to do anything besides lay in bed besides Oliver.

"Totally worth it." I said with a grin as my hand trailed gently up and down her back "That thing you said last night. About what...almost happened. Was it that guy I saw you with. The one you were with on the dance floor." I tried to make the question sound calm and just purely inquisitive, but I really wanted to get some more details on him so I would have an easier time finding him. "I know you don't really want to talk about it." I said soothingly, my hand still trailing her back "But it will probably be good just to say it out loud, not keep it penned up inside. You can talk to me about anything. You know that, right?" My hand stopped trailing her back and moved to her chin, which I tilted up so I was looking into her eyes and she into mine.

Sarah really didn't want to talk about it, but when Oliver made her look him in the eye she bit her lip. There was this look in his eyes that she didn't like. She sighed softly and decided to answer him anyways with a small nod, her hands nervously rubbing her bruised wrists. "Just please don't go after him Oliver." Sarah said. "He's not worth it. I'm okay now, I was just in shock yesterday." She knew what that look in his eyes meant. She didn't want him to hurt anyone or himself. She already fucked up with expending her defense shield, if people found out and started talking, the bad guys would definitely come after them again.

I was about to say I wouldn't, but I couldn't lie directly to her face like that. "Sarah, I can't make any promises, to be honest with you." I said seriously, somehow looking even deeper into her eyes "Just thought of that guy trying to...makes every inch of my skin boil. Plus hes seen your powers. I'll talk to Ronnie, and see what he thinks...but I think I need to deal with him." As I stared at her and thought of all the pain we had both been through, I had a very sudden urge to kiss her right then. But I didn't. I managed to restrain myself as I dropped my eyes away from hers.

"Or maybe you should just let him be." Sarah said. "He was drunk, whatever he will say, people won't take it seriously. If you do something and he talks about it, people will know." She was not worried about the guy, but about Oliver and them. They were partners no matter what, and she didn't want him to cause himself any harm. She grabbed his face and made her look at him again. "Just don't do anything stupid. I made a mistake of showing my powers, you don't need to do that." She told him, before sneezing into the covers. She forgot about her cold her a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back