• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Finn
85b451f24e0bb53b4993ab4f39a39a83.jpg

"M-mimi stop wiggling you-" an explosion, well, more like a gigantic beam of arcane energy that blasted sky high but hey, an explosion is an explosion no matter the... Whatever it was an explosion okay? The young knight closed his eyes when he hit the ground, laying down in the gravedirt as a spattering of dirt and chips of whatever was blown apart were scattered to the high hells. he turned over to see Mimi already up, happy as a clam and collecting up her rocks again...

"Nothing keeps you down huh? If i had half your energy we could save the world in half a day." the man sighed, sitting up.. And perking his ears at the words mimi spoke...

...Guess she didn't think that was it...

...Was that the beast? Surely it was...

...Was it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We had arrived at the destination, no sooner did Mimi step but from arms reach of me did it unleash a assault from the shadows. A screech, it effected me less, but any with hearing such as yours and hers would have been brought low... Poor Mimi here was brought to tears." he patted the naughty lupin female who was chewing away on fare not hers... again. "Suffice to say, my ears were saved the assault

As soon as I lightened my aura, it was revealed.. Some sort of metal beast. Thankfully, it was used to dealing with incapacitated foes, and not ones capable of fighting back. However, when it was brought low... It exploded it'self.

Rather than being taken captive, I suppous it chose the cowards way." the knight shrugged.

"It was certainly not shy and was very forthwith with it's aggression."

1696671129232.png
Village of the Grave Elves, Somewhere in the Wilds of the See
Late Evening
The elder nodded his head as Finn spoke, tapping his finger on the table next to him in contemplation. "A metal beast? Extremely aggressive... And you say it exploded? It is not that I don't believe your story, we even felt a tremor not too long ago that lines up with what you've said, it is just very hard to accept. I shall send a small scouting party to the Carin Fields to examine the remains and bring back anything they find so we can make some sense of this madness. A hut shall be provided to you and your... companion... to rest for the night, but I believe I owe you answers first." He leaned back and thought in silence for a moment before speaking. "As I told you before Sa'Roka is the Grave Elf word for 'healer' or 'mender'. It is a title bestowed on those who aid the sick or injured. But many no longer use the word, choosing instead Ma'atori. Restorer. Sa'Roka carries with it a bad omen, a superstition carried on by parents cautioning their children and children frightening each other." He takes a drink from his own cup and clears his throat. "Many years ago, before even I was born, a human woman came to our Village, seeking to treat with the Grave Elves. We are not fond of outsiders, rarely tolerating anyone beyond our distant relations among the Fae, and she was driven away. But she stayed near, keeping to herself and continuing to be friendly towards our people when they crossed paths, though they showed her no kindness in return. Then one day, while scouting, one of the patrols chanced upon a strange relic. Touching it afflicted two of the members with a curse that slowly began to spread over their body. Our own healers were unable to do anything for them and the village accepted their fate, prepared to mourn them when the end came. But then the woman came forth claiming she could cure them. At the behest of the victim's families, she was allowed entry to see them. She performed some strange ritual and the next day, the two had recovered fully. When asked to explain, the woman informed the village that she was part of a holy order from the north and had come to research the origin of strange curses that had been affecting her own people. Curses brought on by relics much like the one the scouting party had found. She asked to be allowed to stay in the village until she had finished her research and in return she would provide aid to those in need. The village agreed. She was granted the title of Sa'Roka. For years she aided the village. And as time went on, more and more of the strange relics were stumbled upon and more and more villagers were affected by curses. Sa'Roka continued to cure them and study the relics. As she grew older, some of the villagers became concerned. They wanted her to teach them the ways of curing the curses, so that the village would be safe when she died, as humans do. But she refused, claiming the work was not safe. So one night, during the lunar celebration, while she was believed to be at the festivities, one of the villagers entered her home to steal her secrets But going through her notes revealed that she was not seeking to end the curses and in fact may have been the one proliferating their presence. When they sought her out for answers, she was gone, no where in the village. So they sent search parties after her. As one party approached the pool you mentioned before, they witnessed a massive shadowy creature leaving the area and heading into the woods. When it was gone and the area searched, her clothes and belongings were found next to the pool, but no sign of her was ever uncovered. From that day forward, none of the uncovered relics caused any curses, and no sign of her was ever seen again." The elder stood and walked to a desk in the back, opening a small ancient box and removing something from it. As he sat down he extended a metal badge out to Finn. "This is the last of her belongings to survive the ages. It was how she identified her holy order she belonged to too. It is the only proof that this is not some baseless legend."

Suddenly Finn would fell a soft thud against his arm as Mimi slumped over asleep, her mouth and ears twitching lightly, pieces of fruit still clutched in her hand.

Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited:
Finn
8696ce1e8f2c4481ae23c8d664e39c95.jpg

As if practiced many times, Finn's hand moved to gently lay Mimi's head down upon his lap. A hand gently brushing along her hair and pausing occasionally to scritch an ear or untangle a knot... He listened attentively trying to get all the details down in his head... Possibly causing curses to appear, capable of cleansing curses...

Was she trying to collect them?

Was she trying to cleanse them?

"Applying curses only to remove them feels... Foolish. Wanting to befriend a people to curse and uncurse them repeatedly..." it just didn't make sense, what was the point of it? What was going on...? The north...? A human, so she was possibly from the Kingdom...

What he was in the moon pool was not human, she was big, fluffy, soft looking and admitably abit dangerous appearing as well...

Hrmm...

"Do you mind if I hold onto this badge? It may help in finding this woman, and perhaps answers to why she and this gigantic curse eatying fox share the same namesake...

Speaking of, what was the name of the woman?"

1696988580299.png
Village of the Grave Elves, Somewhere in the wilds of the See
Late Evening
"Yes, her behavior was extremely strange. Her notes described her methods and practices, but nothing in them gave hint to their purpose." He nodded and took a sip from his cup. "Of course you may hold on to the badge. You have proven yourself reliable, and bear a mark of the See. I hope it can assist you in your task." The elder hands the badge to Finn. "I am not sure of the woman's name. Her journals deteriorated long ago, and as I said, speaking of her was made taboo. We have never seen any others like her or any bearing that badge again. I'm sorry we can't give you more." He stands and gestures toward the door. "You are welcome to rest here for a moment. When you are ready I shall show you to your accommodations for the night."

The next morning, the two prepare and set out once more. As they exited the village, once more accompanied by the stares of the villagers and Mimi growling lowly under her breath at the unappreciated attention, they are met at the tree line by the elder. He holds a leather arm band adorned with ta symbol on it out to Finn. "Here. This is not as grand as the shield you received, but this will let others know you are welcome here. You won't be stopped again as you move through our lands. I wish you and your companion a safe journey." The journey north is uneventful, Mimi starting off groggy and grumbly, but quickly returning to her usual self as she begin to find more things to catch her attention. As the pair made their way back north, Mimi brought Finn sticks and rocks and bugs, her tail wagging delightfully. The weather seemed fair, and the sun bright, but not visible beyond the tree tops, storm clouds gathered on the horizon.

Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo

Results Screen
Narrator Recommendations:

Finn
Optional Title - [Ally: Grave Elves] - Character has shown he is reliable and a friend to the Allied faction. They will not attack or obstruct the character unprovoked. If the character ever attacks or kills a member of the allied faction, this title is nullified until amends are made.

Mimi
Optional Title - [Unruly] - Character is unconcerned with politeness and etiquette, choosing to behave impulsively and honestly. Makes them less liked by those who value such things, but makes them more tolerable of harsher situations.

Isekai Hell Grade

Clyvelle Clyvelle StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Orikanyo Orikanyo

It's an odd thing to see fae see residents speaking beastial but i feel there's enough there to warrant the peculiar setting. Definitely adds some color to the forest. A short rp with several elements, which i appreciate. Not a forever rp either. Felt right. Good effort.

Aftermath:
N/A

Rewards:

Mimi - 52pts (narration bonus)
Optional Title acquired - [Unruly] - Character is unconcerned with politeness and etiquette, choosing to behave impulsively and honestly. Makes them less liked by those who value such things, but makes them more tolerable of harsher situations.

Finn - 29pts
Optional Title acquired - [Ally: Grave Elves] - Character has shown he is reliable and a friend to the Allied faction. They will not attack or obstruct the character unprovoked. If the character ever attacks or kills a member of the allied faction, this title is nullified until amends are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back