• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Fallen Blossom Shrine] Falling to Rise, Part 2 (aka No Rest for the Weary)

Ko

0f20385a657e1da82ebe751212723f15.jpg

"Hah, the duel is to test you blade catdeer! Success is a matter of glory! And learning! What better than to spar with a student of the Great swordmaster Kiichi Hongen! ...Just don't tell master I spoke so, he does not like such..." for once, fear comes across his face, facing monsters and undead he didn't flinch.. But his master... He feared...

"...Eh? Summoned? I don't have a clue what yea mean, that magic yea pulled?" He spoke back to the fellow dog man, his tail seemed to wag... He must've been happy to meet a kinsman!

"Your strong! But no swordsman. A priest? Must be, you healed this place quite well... Wonder if the hole is healed to, hope not... I'd hate to cut another hole to get out...

...We...

Can get out right?" The dog man looked around to the others.

"....Right?"

Last edited:
Elvario Elvario Ceylan

Indicus shook his head "The witch is someone unknown, Sawazuki is just a victim. Sorry I can't explain better I don't fully understand myself and I am running on vague theories, limited information and an instinct I don't fully understand. All I know is whoever this witch is they have some sort of interest in me and their goal is very much unknown." Indicus shook his head and continued to sit as he tried to figure out what the hell was going on. He felt like a puppet on a string dancing to someone else's tune and it was frustrating.

Kai Looked at the Shattered remains of the broken Moonblade. He had given everything, but it looks like the blade was sacrificed to make the impossible, possible. As he thought that, Kai seemed to grin, as for a moment his blade had reached the Path of Heaven and of the Kensei. It was a long time, but the Yakuza took pride in his own sword skill. Though he still had a way to go, he only took a step on that path, he had a ways to go, but he was not deterred by that knowledge.

That being said, Kai gathered up the broken shards. The blade served him well and despite its short life, it had come through for him. He didn't know how to repair this blade or if any mortal swordsman could. The only possible being he knew for sure that could was the two nobodies. Though Kai wasn't going to let it lying on the ground, that would be too disrespectful for a blade that served him well. Kai focused, this blade was formed from his own will... it was a part of him, thus Kai tried to become one with the Moonblade once again, returning it within his own heart and soul, so it will be with him on his journey.

Last edited:
Scene 5: Interview with a Shield Archon and a Sawazuki.
It continued wagging when he noticed the appearance of the Shield Archon and heard the latter confirm he was willing to become a Shrine Guardian. He bowed deeply. “You have my sincerest gratitude for taking this task upon yourself.” He said, feeling intense relief at finding a good solution to his conundrum. After asking for the Shield Archon's name, or at least something to call him by, Ceylan sealed the deal. Chosen route: [Permanent Celestial Defender [Shield Archon] - The shrine is an artefact of power and instead of enhancing your own personal power, you may instead allow one celestial being remain as a defender against invaders, using the Shrine as a Magical Item that takes on the burden of the summons with a Duration Limiter of 3; Permanent.]

The Shield Archon, aglow with an ethereal radiance, stepped forward. "I am known as Uriel, the Bastion of Heaven's Might. I have come to serve as the steadfast protector, an immovable force against the tide of darkness," he declared, his voice resonant and comforting, echoing with celestial potency.

Aurichal, standing beside Uriel, nodded approvingly. "Ceylan, I present to you Uriel, Shield of the Divine Realms. He has brought with him a host of celestial beings, all imbued with the same noble purpose of protection and steadfastness. Together, they will stand as guardians against any force that dares threaten this sacred shrine."

As Uriel's words echoed within the shrine, a profound tranquility descended. The air hummed with sacred energy, and the shrine's surroundings seemed to respond in kind. The trees around the shrine stood taller, their leaves greener and more vibrant. The swamp waters, previously a murky and forbidding presence, now sparkled with reflected light, seeming less hostile and more inviting. Even the air seemed lighter, fresher.

Upon Uriel's official ascension as the Shrine Guardian, a brilliant flare of divine energy surged forth from the shrine. The structure seemed to pulse with newfound vitality, its ancient carvings glowing with a soft, welcoming light. Ceylan's Shrine Guardian Token, now attuned to Uriel, hummed with a similar radiance, echoing the bond between guardian and shrine.

As the purified shrine began to flourish once more, the presence of Aegrizora, the god of guardian trees, suffused the area, his divine protection a testament to the bravery of the holy beings who had fought to cleanse the Nightmare Swamp. A new alliance had been forged between Aegrizora and the celestial power that Uriel served, a partnership that promised an unyielding safeguard against any threats that dared to desecrate the restored harmony of the shrine and its surroundings.

The transformation of the shrine was a sight to behold. The once dilapidated structure was now a beacon of ethereal beauty, its walls gleaming with a divine sheen. The air around it hummed with energy, a sense of serenity and safety enveloping it like a protective barrier. It was as if the shrine had been reborn, its past wounds healed by the divine intervention.

With Uriel and his celestial host's arrival, the shrine itself seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. The eerie shadows that once lurked in the corners were replaced with a soft, comforting glow. The ancient symbols and carvings etched into its walls, now illuminated by the celestial light, stood as timeless testaments of its sanctity and history.

The shrine's influence extended beyond its immediate vicinity, too. The swamp, once a place of dread and despair, now seemed to revel in the shrine's restoration. It was as if the shrine's purification had eased the swamp's own pain, its murky waters becoming clearer, its oppressive aura lifting to reveal a hidden beauty beneath.

A subtle harmony had been restored, a balance between the divine and the natural, a symbiosis that breathed new life into the swamp.

Indicus shook his head "The witch is someone unknown, Sawazuki is just a victim. Sorry I can't explain better I don't fully understand myself and I am running on vague theories, limited information and an instinct I don't fully understand. All I know is whoever this witch is they have some sort of interest in me and their goal is very much unknown." Indicus shook his head and continued to sit as he tried to figure out what the hell was going on. He felt like a puppet on a string dancing to someone else's tune and it was frustrating.

On the topic of Swazuki, it was time for him to question her. He'd look around to see where he could find her, but as he was doing so, he'd use [Divine Healing C] on the wounded within both Yukan's and Riku's armies. Now that there was no need to hold back, having given away his identity, there was no need to watch anyone suffer without doing something about it. (He'd recast at D and E grade if that would be needed to get to everyone.)

Upon reaching Sawazuki, he would first ensure she was in good health, but then he'd speak surprisingly firmly (persuasion F) even though it was with understanding (empathy D). “Ma'am, I believe that out of everyone, you are the one that knows most about what really happened here. Please, tell us what you know and I will do what I can to ensure you will be treated fairly, regardless of the level or type of involvement you had in it.”

Sawazuki retold her tale.

Sawazuki, a Tanuki Geisha, was the victim of a cruel prank by an insidiously beautiful lady with silver-white hair, who was later identified as the White Witch. This lady, using her beguiling beauty and intimidating demeanor, manipulated Sawazuki and her family, causing them physical harm and psychological torment.

The White Witch had several different types of concoctions that all looked very close to each other. One of them, a silver-white liquid with unique properties - when ingested, it could cause intense pain, break bones, but then magically heal those injuries within seconds. She demonstrated this on Sawazuki's family, breaking and healing them repeatedly to ensure their compliance.

The other was supposed to be a harmless prank with the promise of a third potion with helpful properties. The White Witch gave Sawazuki this second type of vial and helped Sawazuki enhance her appearance. Unbeknownst to Sawazuki, the liquid was not only a healing potion but also an organic devouring acid that causes illusions when vomited out, which she later discovered to her horror.

Sawazuki was coerced into leaving her family behind, the White Witch promising to keep them safe.

The mysterious White Witch had planted the silver-white liquid in a large tree, which Sawazuki was meant to find as part of the "prank." Plus she could retrieve the third type of potions in the old oak tree after her prank was done to Indicus, which would not only help restore her family but make them stronger. However, this prank turned out to be a deadly trap that nearly resulted in the loss of several lives, and the old oak tree turned out to be a prison for the wicked and hungry for flesh whose excessive corruption had devastated and transformed the dream swamp into a forgotten nightmare.

Sawazuki's tale not only unravelled the truth behind the horrifying events in the swamp but also revealed a potentially greater conspiracy involving Indicus and whatever had been held beneath the corrupted shrine, highlighting the danger lurking in their midst.

As Kai gathered up the shards of the moon blood and recalled them, the pieces fluttered like cherry blossoms around the Moon tattoo on his palm, settling in a snaking, spiraling pattern from the moon, around his wrist and up his forearm. They burned with a coldness as they settled into his skin, but settled down into a tattoo soon enough.

In the aftermath of the unfathomable transformation, the landscape that once held the Nightmare Swamp was now a lush and serene oasis. Small verdant hillocks, each around twenty feet in diameter, emerged from the crystal-clear, warm water like tiny islands. The swamp was no more, replaced by a gentle spring, its waters reflecting the brilliance of the sky above.

The Shrine of Cleansed Curses stood as a beacon of divine intervention. Its cavernous depths, once teeming with malevolent forces, now exuded a sense of calm and tranquility. Above, in the heart of the massive tree trunk, structures began to form in the manner of the forest folk, seamlessly blending into the natural architecture of the tree.

The leaders of the allied forces, Yukan, Paru, Ko, and Ceylan, huddled on one of the hillocks. They conversed in hushed tones, strategizing their next moves and speculating about the implications of the recent events. The atmosphere was heavy with the weight of their discussions, yet there was a newfound hope that pervaded the air.

On another hillock, Riku huddled with his key leaders. There was a sense of urgency in their conversation, punctuated by animated gestures and intense gazes. Separately, Masanori found himself in a deep discussion with Riku, their faces reflecting the serious nature of their conversation.

Meanwhile, the celestial forces loyal to Uriel embarked on a task of utmost importance. They began fortifying the Shrine's defenses. Their efforts were a mixture of dream shaping and actual physical labor. It was a fascinating spectacle to watch as they shaped the reality around the Shrine using the raw power of their faith and divinity. The Shrine, now an important stronghold, was being fortified against any future threats.

As the day drew to a close, the allies began to settle down. They set up camps on the hillocks, their tents dotting the landscape like a constellation of earthbound stars. The soothing hum of the spring water became a lullaby, and the cool night air descended with a promise of a peaceful rest.

Thus concluded a day that would forever be remembered in the annals of their history – a day of revelation, transformation, and newfound alliances. As the stars shone brightly above, the allies prepared for the challenges and opportunities that awaited them in the days to come.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Shiyonichi Shiyonichi Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Elvario Elvario Shawazama Shawazama StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

Good job those of you getting through the rp. It can be trying when they run long. This one in particular likely coulda been split up or condensed. I really appreciated some of the details put in that made the setting feel very much in the flavor of Kuridan. The political stuff with the clans was nice too. However, I think it was a bit early for Yukan to be giving orders to members of the clan despite his low rank and skills. The goal of the rp was to give him a means to establish himself and I feel things moved a bit quick in that regard. That aside, even the fantasy elements of the demon tree felt right. Another portal opening up another necro zombie space..feels like they are all over IH these days. I'd generally discourage granting summons that can turn around and summon more summons, but it fit the story, so alls well that ends well I suppose XD I did some checking though. Neither narrator for this rp nor previous rp had standing to establish aegrizora as a godly being capable of lending divine or purifying aid. The medallions that were given out that rp were also not rewarded during the rewards post so Ceylan did not officially have the medallion to leverage during the rp. I assume the rp did not hinge on those elements and that ceylan and summon likely would have found the means to purify the site regardless. Due to the church faction playing so a small role in the balance of power within the republic, it confused me a bit to see the clans fighting over control of it or the final result being the celestials from another domain would control it. That seems tantamount to an invasion and would likely be treated as such by more powerful groups in the republic. I also expect the conjured army of celestial defenders of the space to be appropriately low leveled creatures since the narrator doesn't have much standing. Here's to new beginnings. May the events of the rp inspire bigger things to come like the falling to rise part 3 probably. It's unclear to me what all the quote replies are good for.

Aftermath:
The purified shrine and lands make the space a bit more tantalizing to beastmen that have been avoiding the place. Bad memories and tragedies still keep some away despite the improvements.

The news of the shrine being controlled by celestials of a foreign pantheon has alienated the rest of the church faction in the republic resulting in it being ignored and isolated. While the belief in a vast array of divine beings aligns with the predominant understanding among the republic faithful and the celestial occupation of the shrine makes the land particularly blessed and potential site for pilgrimage, the foreignness of the celestials may lead to a destabilizing of theological statutes within the country including a move towards syncretism that runs contrary to current faith policy within the nation. There is also the concern about the balance of mundane and divine mixing that could throw the spiritual ecosystem of the nation on its head which could lead to a divine reckoning no one is bargaining for.

The angelic army also stirred tensions among the noble faction. Some neighboring shogunates and clans saw it as a prepping for war by Nara no Nox, injuring relations. Within Nara no nox, the clans all had shrines that operated within their territories. The idea of a shrine operating within the territory but being associated with none of the clans was perceived as an insult. To the clan's domain on which the shrine rested, it was now a blessing and a curse and would likely be the central point around which any negotiations and alliances would be formed. Koyake clan would likely have it the hardest.

The merchant faction would hear of the new land and see opportunity. They would likely pull strings to move opposing forces like rival clans against the Koyake over various matters associated with the shrine in hopes of getting concessions.

Rewards:

gmimperfecti- 78pts (narrator points)

Kai - 23pts
optional title acquired [Moon Touched] - character had the unique opportunity of wielding a moon blade.
Reminder - The blade may not be used unless purchased. It is not even guaranteed in Emeron rp's unless he gives explicit permission for its use each time.

Indicus - 48pts
optional title acquired [Unwitting Catalyst] - character served an unseen pivotal role in bringing about rp events.

Ceylan - 104pts
optional title acquired [scribe of celestials] - character summoned and negotiated with celestial beings.
optional asset acquired [Associate of Shrine of Cleansed Curses F] - character was instrumental in the restoration and reestablishing of the shrine and now has a preferred relationship with the shrine and its denizens.

Paru - 17pts
optional title acquired [Triad Allied Leader] - character is one of three to represent values of strength, leadership, and courage.

Yukan - 104pts
optional title acquired [Triad Allied Leader] - character is one of three to represent values of strength, leadership, and courage.
optional asset acquired Connected [Koyake Clan Member E] - rather than just an associate kept at arms reach and only called in for undesirable work and conditions, you are now a proper member of the clan. The work won't necessarily improve, but your honor has increased as will the perks, what few there are.

Ko - 52pts

partial participants

crymaria - 12pts
maria - 3pts
choi - 15pts (would have earned bonus points had he participated till the end)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back