• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Is It Wrong For Tragic Powerhouses to Enjoy Peace (?) in Another World?

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Azure Sky

Random Lazy Guy
Supporter
"Ah, greetings. Warriors of immesurable might, sorcerers akin to calamities, godkin, and beings of old." An armored man with undistingushable facial features addressed all those present.
1648895588742.png

"Long and hard had all of thee fought. Sprung by the promise of gold, relinking the flames, protecting your titles or loved ones, fighting destiny, trying to resist the madness around you and within you, coping with tragedy. And yet here you are, at the end of an era. The end of your time within your respective worlds. Heh." The strange figure laughed. "But fear not." As he uttered that line, the darkness arond them dissipated, engulfing their vision by the light of the bright, azure sky. Beneath their levitating bodies, under the clouds, a new realm.

"I offer all of you a chance of peace. A new world, devoid of most of the tragedies that plagued yours." The mysterious man offered them an explanation of the new realm and kingdoms.

The Solus Empire

1648896270700.png

Once made of the Bahamut Kindom and surrounding smaller kingdoms, they were unified under the new rule of Ignis, the First Ember Lord. Together with Ergo the Star Forger and Hilda the Alchemic Knight, they formed an empire built around skilled craftsmanship, research, and meritocracy, regardless of race and species. Ignis promoted critical thinking and true artisanship, with three separate hierarchies based on practical skill, research, and combat, with a special place and benefits for those who were capable in more than one of those areas. He exiled or incinerated all those who did not wish to confrom to his new rule and welcomed all those from other kingdoms who wished to take part in his ambitions. It is a place of great prosperity but also strict rules.

The Beast Realms

1648896881754.png

As the name implies, the monster and demihuman races created a coallition, to oppose the increased human scorn, violence and discrimination. They are rulled by Rein, formerly known as the Serpent Queen. A melting pot of cultures, that sometimes collide, yet is fairly peaceful on the surface level. No matter the region, meat pies are to die for!

The Fractured Lands

1648898182508.png
1648898520984.png

These are remnants of multiple fractured small kingdoms. Nobles that did not wish to comply to Ignis, lesser knights and crafstmen, mediocre-to-subpar warriors/adventurers, as well as thiefs, haglers, and other citizens that did not live up to the standard Ignis imposed. They have some decent and semi-capable folk though, and strive to remain competitive through lesser quality offered (or none at all) but incredibly cheap prices! Peculiar street food, especially their infamous rat-based cuisine. But fear not! They should be properly cooked...

Even if they are not, the local doctors should help! Unless, you find yourself in the hands of a quack...

Which represents 3 quarters...

Of the population.

Theocracy of Luth

1648899596266.png

A stronghold for those of faith, full of zelots, fanatics and also the rarer and more intelligent common-sense citizens. They worship an entity called the Harvester and are strong on agriculture, more so than any farmer under Ignis's rule. The best quality of food in the whole realm and decent standards of living for all, as long as one can get through the "faith recruitment" and handle the constant speeches and church meetings. Brainwashing may be involved but there is not enough research to come to a proper conclusion. After all, all those that infiltrated the theocracy to investigate never returned...

The Aurora Republic

1648902748153.png

Deep into the mountain range of the Northern Lands, Aurora is a parliamentary-based republic known for the prowes of its cryomancers, refrigeration techniques, alcoholic drinks, as well as the gelato/icecream artisans that come to various other kingdoms to sell their goods. Their hides, wool, and cashmere products are also famous along all kingdoms and their winter fashion industry is second to none! Their most notable leaders are Lord Borealis, known as the Mirrage, and Lady Eis, distant half-human descendant of Auroth, mighty ice dragon and once-upon-a-time guardian of Aurora when it was a kingdom.
---

"There are also some hard to access lands, such as the elven realm of Loderon, or the ever-moving Scorpio Stronhold of the Southern Dessert."

1648907277510.png
1648907618789.png

"And also some shady places, such as the keep of the notorious Harlequin Band. They apparently have quite the killer jokes."

1648907438422.png

"I give thee a chance. Shall thou plunge into the unknown and gamble for a chance of a better world? If yes, choose your starting point and prepare for a new life." He said, as he clapped his hands once and a few portals appeared.

PlusUltra PlusUltra DrabberRogue DrabberRogue Conloth Conloth Haze- Haze- Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
A bright light, the monster emerged from the darkness once more, another fly, another enemy stood before it. Faceless and armored. The beast huffed the faint tingling of the winter flurry passing through its nostrils. It clenched its fist and was shocked. There was nothing there. Where was the mace, its great crushing arm, its tool of death, its…..

Vordt gasped. His hand sat there before him. Long fingers and a strong palm. He looked left and saw the hand’s twin. They opened and closed a few times and Vordt realized he was controlling them. Those hands, handsome and well worn, were his. They were his again. Slowly his hands reached to his face and he felt the clasps of his helmet. Shaking with fear and hope Vordt fumbled to undo them. He then grasped the edge and impatient and angry with his own cowardice tore the helmet free. It came off! No longer was it fused to his flesh! Vordt was free!

His powerful chest rose and fell in great heaving breaths. The face under the mask was a stern one Bright winter green eyes, and short blonde hair. His beard was messy and unkempt but short so as to fit under the mask of his helm. A huge grin split his face.

“Ha. ahaha. I'm free! I'm me! I must have…. Died.” Vordts booming voice shrank to a whisper. He remembered something. A person in a loincloth, a club sparking lightning and then darkness. “Seriously that is what slew me?” he couldn’t help but scoff.

The faceless armored being before him had been speaking. Something about a new world and a choice. Dancer. She wasn’t here or at least he couldn't see her. A painful, pitiful, pull of longing to see her tore at Vordt’s heart. A world without her. Wasn’t a world Vordt wanted to care about. “Send me to Dancer!” Vordt demanded. “ If I am not there I care not.”

"Before you go, just know... there are multiple timelines." The being replied.

Timeline? Vordt thought unsure what the word meant. Then the white room was gone and Vordt was sent hurtling through a void. As moved he felt the chill of a cold, almost familiar wind.

Interacted with
Azure Sky Azure Sky (spoke with over pms dialog added)

"Schadenfreude."

The night seemed to be drawing its final breath; the howling wind settled down to a caressing breeze, whispering, beckoning a murmur the Hunter; “It ends tonight.” – At long last. Yet there was no sign of enthusiasm in his eyes, no such foolishness as relief, the Hunter merely contemplated the Paleblood Moon hanging lower and lower in the veil of night, pale as a body drained of all blood, it was dying as well, everything was winding down to an end. He held no qualms to it, the night had already syphoned every ounce of humanity out of him, he merely contemplated with all of his undivided attention, with child-like fascination, total engrossment on the placid, pale sea of vastness in the sky. As if the vistas were calling to him, luring every eye of his, to contemplate the end. Amidst that trance, an abhorrent gale shook him out of the cacophony in the sky. It was no gale; he stared down at the entity trembling in pain under his grip, torrents of blood dripping onto every pale rose in the field where the both of them stood, the Hunter felt the Moon Presence’s body beat an arrhythmia, its hideous limbs slowly wrapping around the limpness of his bloody arm as it flailed. The gods were no different than a beast. He knew that by heart. One more gash, a panicked shriek, the tentacles tightening on the whole of his arm – It tried to release itself from the Hunter.

And so he honored its wishes. The Hunter wound up his arm, pulling the entity in a brutal tug, his hand drove deeper into its flesh, as the Great One writhed in agony; meeting resistance from the monstrosity’s thrashing about. There he glanced up at the pale white petals flung in their battle, static in the air, dancing around them in a craze. His eyes moved down with them, all of them tinged with a deep sheen of dark red from their fight. The wind blew violent for a moment, carrying the petals and that vile stench of blood away from him; it was time to end the hunt. With one final shriek, one final struggle, the true nightmare ended – The Hunter tore his hand from the creature for a moment, in a clenched bloodied up fist, and pulled as hard as he could, sending the Moon Presence flying into the field of roses, tracing an arc of blood more majestic than anything as its malformed body lay on the battleground.

Then the wind stood still, only the shallow breathing of the hunter and the pained groans of the Great One could be heard. The Hunter clenched both sides of his head, the tingling, stabbing pain of eyes growing deep inside, a pain that lingered as quick as it came; he was used to it already. The entity did almost the same in mimicry, its long, decrepit arms moving to its head, in vain, they fell limp to its sides as if the limbs of a deep-rotted tree. Its chest heaved up and down before he drew out a last breath, his arms now stretched fully outwards as though proudly exposing its dying self to the pale moon above – “It has been a long night for us both.” – The Hunter spoke, detached in tone, yet empathetic in a way – “It's time to move on.” – He huffed his last, weary breath, hitting his second wind, Ludwig’s Blade of Moonlight resting on the Hunter’s shoulder as he soldiered one last effort.

The creature grew silent as if agreeing. This was the end.

With each step he drew closer to it, the Hunter had a harrowing, more agonizing sensation wash over him, even greater than all the insight and knowledge of the vast and infinite. Worse than the nightmare and the hunt itself. Something pulling at him, deep inside. Memories. As wisps of blue Moonlight were caught in the fine steel of the blade, gathering a ghostly glimmer before the Hunter’s eye, it guided him back to all he gained and had lost this very night. And as tears gathered in his weary gaze, he could hardly mutter – “Forgive me…”

“Please forgive me...”

It was a long and dreary night for every Yharnamite, now demented husks of what they once were, driven mad by the blood and whatever stared back at them in the skies perhaps – But the night seemed endless for the Hunter. Yharnam appeared to be in its heyday, a horror aroused in the streets by the plague that swept the common folk, immediately affected by the sickness; it had spread with such force. It was a complete descent into madness, and the Hunter was in the epicenter of it all. For the life of him, he didn’t know if it was a cause of the use and abuse of blood, or the thrill of the hunt, as they called it, but as mercilessly as every Yharnamite disposed of those not afflicted by the plague, the Hunter swung like a mad dog at everything that got in his way. “Paleblood.” That was his only thought, his only drive and purpose. No morality, no shred of humanity in the bloodshed, only an animal left. As he forebode everything else in the search of this ‘Paleblood’, he could feel this fickle thing, whatever sanity he still held, slipping through his fingers. That is when he found her.

Central Yharnam had shed no mercy on the newest Hunter, the Sawcleaver grew heavy in his hand, it hung stiffly from his limp, sore arm, the teeth still grinding with red chunks of something he dared not recognize, the beast blood creeping up his leg with every shot leaving an almost permanent smile wide on his face. Every fiber of his being ached, but the pain only made the trip all the more rewarding, everything had a lovely smell to it, like a warm spring breeze, a field of roses, calling to him. Then he opened his eyes. It was all blood. Grime. Dirt. “The devil’s dressed in silk.” – He could remember someone – somewhere saying that to him, before all of this perhaps. Yharnam’s shadows loomed over him, but he would stay ironclad, even if it scarred him for life, he would not give in to that blood. This vow of his, that strength and power of will he needed came from complete strangers.

“You! Who are you?” – A small voice, that of a child. No older than a five or seven year old, coming from the curtains that led to a dimly lit room, barred off, behind a window. The voice almost snapped him sober, but he remained quiet. Maybe it was just another delusion, a mere ploy from all the madmen and beasts to catch him off guard – “I don’t know your voice, but I know that smell… You’re a Hunter aren’t you?” – The Hunter did not respond, he felt the blood pulsing through his leg; he gritted his teeth at it, grinding them as hard as he could. His Sawcleaver was on the ready – “Then, please, will you go look for my mum? Daddy never came back from the hunt, and she went to find him, but now she’s gone, too… I’m all alone…and scared…” – The Hunter froze up – “I-“ – Words leaving his mouth against his own will, he clenched hard on his mouth, breathing heavily as he tried to keep his composure. The Hunter slid to his knees, collapsed on the ground and stared wildly at the moon.

Empathy, pity rather, would only get him killed. Over and over again, until the hunter’s dream grew but a prison to him. To feel those sorts of things is to leave yourself open for anything to come, to be weak in the eyes of the demons that roamed these streets and alleyways. He knew this since he started swinging discriminately at every Yharnamite, every dog, every beast. Caring naught for that small voice of reason shouting sob stories at him, “They were human once.” “They had a family.” “They are sick.” – It never ended well when he thought of it that way.

Still, he glared at the moon, closed his eyes and listened to the girl almost breaking down to tears in her silence. Come what may – “I will help you, child. I will look for your mother.” – He gave in, placing his armaments to the side and stepping closer to the window. He simply couldn’t take away what little hope this girl had, especially in a night like this one. After a moment of silence shared between the two, he heard her wipe a couple of tears away – “Really? Oh, thank you! My m-mum wears a red jeweled brooch. It’s so big and… beautiful. You won’t miss it. Oh, I mustn’t forget! If you find my mum give her this music box!”

The Hunter watched in his usual rapped, clinical attention as the girl slid both her small hands through the barred window, holding a small, ornate music box in her grasp. The Hunter hesitated for a moment, but promptly took the music box in his hands – “It plays one of daddy’s favorite songs. And when daddy forgets us we play it for him so he remembers. Mum’s so silly, running off without it!” – In his blood-drunk stupor, he allowed himself a small chuckle. To alleviate the dire, ominous feel for the both of them – “I promise, kid. I will bring back your parents in one piece.”

That small vow, born perhaps out of sheer ignorance, would haunt him for the rest of the never-ending night that plagued Yharnam that day. One after the other, all of his promises were swallowed by the dark – Gilbert, the man who he’d promised to show the morning sun arriving, to rid him of the plague; slayed by his own hand, turned into another beast. The little girl, the Hunter had found her father hacking away at a corpse donning a beautiful jeweled brooch, now an abhorrent sight, and no matter how many times he played the tune in that music box, it never was enough to soothe the beast within the man. All that was left of the girl was a bloody ribbon. He could save not one of them, the night ate them whole. And the tragedy kept playing itself on repeat almost in every instance, with every new Yharnamite he swore to protect from the morbid grasp of the monsters swarming the city; they all succumbed to the night.

All in vain.

The night froze for this one moment, as the Hunter stared wide eyed at the agonizing abomination under his boot, ready to plunge the blade deep into its chest. He made another vow – “I will right all these wrongs, for all of you.” – And so, two beings howled at the palest of moons, surrounded by a field of bloody roses, Ludwig’s Holy Sword lodged itself into the creature, releasing a blinding flash of Moonlight that rose a geyser of old blood.

The Nightmare was slain, the gods were no more.

There was a sepulchral quiet, the smell of – nothingness, pure cleanness in the air, devoid of any imperfection. And then, there was a blinding dark, an array of blurry silhouettes sticking out like a sore thumb amongst the void – “…!” – The Hunter’s eyes shot wide open, bloodshot, going up, down, left, and right; they found absolutely nothing in the room. Almost as though it were another dream, put together by another Great One. Yet the eyes on the inside told him nothing, no whispers, no sign of anything he recognized, just…Silence.

Then a voice resounded in the dark.

The Hunter listened, the bottom of his lip trembling as the words seeped into his psyche, tears flowing out of his eyes, unable to move, he held an expression of pure bewilderment as the being explained everything. Once he was done, something split the Hunter’s face, his lips curled involuntarily to a wild, wide grin – “Ooh, Willem! Summon the choir! We’ve made a discovery!” – There in that veil of darkness, the man laughed until he ran out of breath, over and over again, in long, manic outbursts that resounded throughout the void. The tears wouldn’t stop flowing out of his eyes, slit like that of a wild beast, a hyena jeering maniacally – “P-Peace…! A chance, he claims!” – Be it for whatever kept him afloat, he’d be rolling on the floor clutching his core. His head leaned back as the void turned to light, he pressed a hand against his face, feeling the whole situation ebb away at what little sanity he had left – “There…There is still old blood in Yharnam… The Great Ones still roam the beyond… I was not done yet…! Aah, those fools… Another blood moon will rise if I don’t intervene, and you dare speak of ‘Peace’?” – He felt a cold sweat wash over him, letting out an irritated, guttural growl that rumbled harsh in his chest; the Hunter’s blood red eyes dug themselves on the hazy figure. As they locked onto it, the Hunter made one last vow, not seeking absolution, not to commemorate the teachings of those before him, not in the memory of those he’d lost. No, all of that was lost if he couldn’t return to Yharnam – “I’ll hunt you down. I’ll take your eyes and return to the dream.” – It rung clear as day in his head. It wasn’t primal rage fueled by a lust for blood.

It was a promise.

As he was taken by the void, it kept repeating in his mind as if a mantra. The last thing he saw was a clear blue sky and what sounded like…Beasts.

Mentions/Interactions: Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
Malenia, The Scalet Valkyrie

It seemed an eternity since she was awoken from her dreaming slumber, the cold wind blowing across her skin bringing with it the familiar scent of dew and flora. Soft splashing and rustling a short distance away had disturbed her peaceful wait, an intruding tarnished unaware of the ground on which they trod.

The exchange was brief, in one swift stroke, the unaware soul fell into scarlet, only to return several moments later, born anew. Again and again, the being fell into rot, sometime in plate mail, sometimes in cloth, wielding spell, incantation or blade, bearing shield or spear or summoned spirit. The seemingly endless cycle of decay, death, and rebirth would persist; until eventually the single tarnished became two, then three. The trio would slowly overwhelm her rotting form, even when she bloomed anew their assault would continue now wielding long blades of glintstone and Sellian craft. With a final flash of blue light, she would finally fall for the first time in her life, her curse finally consuming her in its entirety, and her vow to her brother left unfulfilled.

This would not be the end, however, and not in the way she would have imagined. Instead of her spirit being once again brought back into the great tree to be recycled and birthed anew, she would instead find herself before a faceless man in black steel claiming to offer a new life of a different ilk. She was offered many destinations, none of which she knew nor would bring her back to her brother's side, but a peaceful world, a world she would want to live.

Her mind wandered to her half-siblings often cryptic words and the cold wind that had awoken her to her fated end "A land of stars, a chill night that encompasses all and reaches the great beyond" Into fear, doubt, and loneliness, as her path stretcheth into darkness.

Moments later she was flung forward into a new land. Hearing the crunch of fresh snow beneath her unalloyed feet and feeling chill of icy winds, she surmised she had arrived within the Aurora republic the being had mentioned, but as to her next action she was at a loss, she had been blind to the guidance of grace for so long that a new life would not change such.

Sleep eternal that was what the maiden had expected, she had gone with the champion, the newest demon and monumental to lull the old one once more into slumber. She had expected, or perhaps rather the had hoped that it would be more like nothingness than a dream. To dream would likely only make her remember the days of the collapse the blasphemy, and her binding. The world however, was a thing of cycles so in the back of her mind as the world ebbed away she knew one day someone would wake the old one again, someone would repeat the mistake a third time and she would have to wake once more. humans were greedy and she knew better than any just how far they would go to fulfill their greed.

Then sleep didn't come The maiden found herself awake and aware, yet she was not in the Nexus, she was not called by the monumental to wait to lull the old one back to slumber. The maiden was before a being without a face, and for a moment she thought perhaps death had truly claimed, her that she was free and now she had been called by the god she had wronged. That thought however faded in seconds and an old flame long dead reignited in her chest, an anger, a pride, she had done nothing wrong. She had only done everything she could how could she have known what god would do, what her greed would cost. That flame once again died as she thought of that cost, just how much she had scared the world and how now it was trapped thanks to her.

The maiden knew if anything she should apologize, she should beg for mercy, she should not hold any pride not anymore. Then the thing before her spoke and the maiden knew he was not the thing she had known as god, he had power and as she focused on him more than herself she could feel his power, her wax covered eyes still able to see saw a soul greater than any other. The maiden wanted to speak, to say anything, to make even the smallest of sounds, yet nothing came forth it felt like her words were actually choking her as she tried to interrupt the being. The voice rang out in her head and the Maiden had to stop trying to speak in order to make sense of the sounds that became words in her head. The end of her time in her world, a pang ran through her chest at those words and a panic replaced anything. She didn't fear for herself, for the monumental, for the world, she feared for another one she had wronged more than any other even the god of her world. There was no one here but the two of them and the maiden for a second had the urge to attack the figure to demand to be sent back, or to have him brought to her, but even as those thoughts formed her body refused to move.

The being was still talking and was offering her another chance, a new home far from her old broken world. She wanted to refuse to say she would never leave that child behind. Yet those words, those demands would not come forth she wanted something that she could not have again. Her old world was gone, everything in to was no more there was nothing to recover. If the maiden could cry she would have as she had truly lost everything, She had once thought she would give up everything for what she wanted and now she could not even have that, she could not be beside him anymore. The maiden realized she did not know what she would do in a life where she once more hand freedom, where she was not bound by the nexus and the monumentals. There was only one thing she had done and could think of doing anymore when she was awake.

" Send me to one who needs me then" The maiden said her words finally allowed to come forth. She did not try to fight, to argue against any of this. She had taken care of the monumentals and the trapped champions of the nexus. She would find another soul that needed her, and perhaps that was for the best she should avoid wanting thing's and ruining another world like she had the last. Then the world went black and The maiden could feel a cold wind as she was sent to another world, to a new place, to someone else.

The Beast Realms

The faceless armored man laughed as the Hunter displayed his hostility and went through the portal to the Beast Realms. "My, ain't you a feisty one."

---

As the Hunter reached the unusual plains with most buildings and patches of land suspended in the air, a short, pale, medusa-like girl with white snakes for hair and red eyes was having a stroll at the same time.
1649340092905.png

She looked at the Hunter curiously. Human appearance, but there was this strange feeling he was giving off. As if he were a...

"Hey, you. Human over there." Her thought process was interrupted by a loud voice.

1649344291374.png
The well-dressed anthropomorphic rabbit addressed the Hunter with an air of self-importance.

"I usually have a very good memory. I do not remember seeing thee get past the forrest checkpoint." He said as he checked his pocket watch. "Ah, I am going to be late for Lady Alice's tea party!" He said, on an aggravated tone.

"We shall make this quick. Could thee kindly show me thy permit." He asked politely. It was peculiar how he went from one emotional state to another. Quite moody.

"Tehe, aww mister Harestein von Muffheimer, you are so dilligent with your work as part-time leader of the Border Check Corps." The medusa-like girl addressed him jovially, with a sheepish smile.

"Eh...L-lady Rein. What brings our highness to these parts of the land."
"I went for a walk."
"Ummm..."
"A very enthusiastic walk!"
"I see." Harestein became timid all of a sudden.

"You do not need to worry about this man. He is my guest." Rein said, her voice suddenly shifting to that of a grown woman.
"Oh...f-forgive my impudence. I did not know..."
"It's fine. Does thou not have a tea party to attend to?"
"A-ah. You are right!" Harestein blitzed away from the scene, with thunder-like explosive power and lightning-fast speed.

"Now then." Rein shifted her attention to the Hunter. "Greetings. My name is Rein. Queen of Serpents and leader of the unified Beast Realms. At your service. Tehe~" She said, as she shifted to the childish voice again, formally bowing like a noble.

"Does thou wish harm upon these lands?" she asked without hesitation.

Haze- Haze-

The Aurora Republic

Despite the cold winds and harsh environment, the republic had an undeniable charm to it with the peculiar lights dancing around the city and the unique architecture, unlike that of any other kingdom or empire in this new world. The unlikely trio had been teleported just outside the gates.

5de508cb8432c3e3aad92c511f07e9d5.jpg

There, they were awaited by a young woman with medium brown hair, and a tribal tattoo over her closed left eye. "Greetings travelers" She said as she looked upon each and every one of them. "Two warriors and a nun. Three unfortunate souls." Was her short analysis of the trio. As if she could read certain things about them, unavailable to the naked eye. Near her was a hot drink stand. "Welcome to the Republic of Aurora. Would you like some cocoa drinks. They have marshmellow too!" her eye lit up as she said that. She was drinking one herself.

favpng_chocolate-milk-hot-chocolate-animation.png

Underneath the table was a magic symbol, generating a thermal barrier that maintained the cocoa drinks hot.

1649353077576.png

"Ahem." the young lady was interrupted by a man dressed in a wolf pelt. "I am not so sure about these individuals miss Lina. My instincts tell me they are dangerous." He said, as his eyes started glowing with the colours of an aurora borealis.

"My dear Ryke. You have splendid instincts, but I can see the essence of the soul. Their soul, whether at surface-level, or deep down, is noble."
"Many noble souls have done misguided things!" Ryke retorted.
"Even yourself."
"T-that's... Ummm... Irrelevant! Yes! I changed, but who is to say they can?"

A vein popped on Lina's forhead. Her voice had an underlying tone of irritation.

"Dear Ryke..."
"Y-yes milady?"
"Have a cocoa drink."
"O-ok." Ryke took one and had a sip. It was delicious.

"Ah that's the stuff. Anyway regarding these three..."
"Dear Ryke, if I may interrupt you for just a moment..."
"Y-yes?"
"Shut up."
"Ok."

Lina once again turned to the trio, "Sorry about that. Ryke is passionate and can be of an uneven temper, but he means no harm..."

"If any of these three try anything funny they shall fall to the might of my fist." Ryke thought.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Conloth Conloth Karcen Karcen

Vordt post 2 Hot? Chocolate?

Vordt stared wide eyed at the city gate. His city's gate. The god had heard him, he was home he could see her again. He could do what he had lacked the courage to and. Beings had snuck up on him or rather he had been so in awe of Irathyll that he hadn’t noticed them creeping toward him. He remembered how the city had been when he left, full of heartics and enemies. He lept into action shoving his powerful legs into the snow and launching himself feet away from his assailants. His feet cashed into the snow throwing up a small flurry behind him. As soon as he landed he reached to his back. Yes his tool of carnage was there ready to freeze and crush once more just as he once had! Vordt sucked in a great breath of air and just as he was letting it hiss out between his teeth he stopped.

The group was made of four individuals. One man and three women. The first and most dangerous was a woman with a golden arm. She stood calmly, seemingly unsurprised by the situation. And yet something about her set the Beast inside of vort into a frenzy. The terrified horrible fear of a trapped animal. The next most dangerous was a young man with a wolf's skin on his head. The other two women did not seem to pose a threat at all both stood relaxed though the woman in black seemed to her staff closely.

The woman at the cart had spoken. Marshmallow? Chocolate? Vordt thought the strange sounds meaningless in head. He looked again at the city and it no longer screamed Irithyll to him any longer. The differences on the wall were subtle. They seemed to have been decorated and beautified. As if they hadn't seen the years of war and neglect Vordt remembered. He looked now at the woman who had been speaking and the magical cart next to her. Steam drifted from a set of small cups, the cart itself radiating waves of heat. She was offering him something from it, what it was he could not say. The man in wolf pelts stood next to her and there in his eyes was something familiar. A threat. Vordt thought and he relaxed a bit. He knew how to deal with threats! Vordt stood to his full height of eight and a half feet. He let the head of his mace thud into the snow before him, sending small spikes of ice in a little circle around his feet.

“I am Vordt of the boreal valley, outrider knight of Pontiff Sullivan, and the Dancer's shadow." He shouted his and with each title he lifted his head with pride. That surprised him, that he could still feel pride and that it was powerful. "And who are you? How did you know that I would be here? what is a cocoa drink and why is it hot?" Vordt rattled off the questions the sound of his own voice bringing him more and more courage. He had missed speaking.

(edit: Changed Chocolate to Cocoa cuz vordt aint eaten that sweet before)

Last edited:
The maiden in black
Mentions: Conloth Conloth PlusUltra PlusUltra

The maiden felt the cold and saw saw a city before her, the first she had seen in so long. The snow on the ground reminded the maiden of the giants of the north and their lands, those lands were long gone now. The more the maiden thought about it, the more she felt perhaps death had claimed her as she had been at the one place she could die just before she woke up. She had not been alone the slayer of demons, the one who had traveled several kingdoms killing demons and he had given in. That was the only explanation she could think of right now, she had been killed by one who should have let her put the old one to sleep. The world would dissolve into a colorless fog.

What brought the maiden out of her thoughts was a knight, or at least someone she perceived as a knight based on how he dressed, jumped up. She didn't know if she would suffer another death, perhaps another true death or not. It seemed that the knight was not seeking to strike her as he stopped. That was good and The maiden could see another woman, one arms replaced another with gold seemingly fused with flesh. It reminded her of the wretches if the valley, their bodies rotting away. Perhaps this woman suffered a similar affliction and for some reason covered it with gold?

Two more came a woman and a man, the one with a wolf pelt was the one the maiden would say was right about her. The idea there was anything noble left in a demon was an illusion of the worst kind. Kindness from a demon always had a cost and those that fooled themselves into thinking they were doing good were the worst of them all. The saint and her knight had been like that trying to help the outcasts, but in the end only hurting them. The woman and the man Ryke seemed close a lady and her knight a repeating trend it seemed. The lady was friendly and seemed to posses sight beyond humans seeing into the soul, but the maiden guessed not reading the sins of the person or she would know Ryke was right.

Using her staff almost as a cane as the weight of ages seemed to be bearing down on her right now, the maiden moved to the stand holding the warm drinks. Her wax covered eyes not stopping her from seeing the world in detail only stopping her sight from stealing the souls from those she saw. As she took a sip she could see the meddling with nature here, the soul arts as she knew them were used here. No there was something different, the old one was not here, the god that had given all their souls was not here, the power was different. In her old world people had called the soul arts by many names and this was closest to sorcery, but it was different from even that lesser version of the soul arts. Still to use power for such a minor thing it reminded her or home where the soul arts had been a part of daily life.

The icy knight. Vordt introduced himself and asked several questions all of which seemed fairly apparent. These two must have been told by the being that brought them here where to be. " Good knight These lands seem calm, it's people kind, you do not need to be worried by the use of the soul arts" The maiden said her tone calm relaxing not demeaning or talking down to Vordt but more inviting him to relax as she took another sip of the drink " it is very sweet" She had asked to be sent to one that needed her perhaps the knight needed her.

Malenia, The Scalet Valkyrie

The tall woman reminds silent and motionless in thought as a familiar face introduced herself to the group. While she understood assuming her mysterious benefactor had only extended his offer to only herself would be folly, she had not expected that others from her life would also appear before her, at least not so soon. The voice was the same even if the manner of speaking was not, yet the lack of familiarity being shown had her internally questioning the woman if her lack of displayed familiarity was a ploy, subtlety, or actually entirely genuine.

Appearing bearing gifts of some sweet-smelling concoction Malenia would never the less stay guarded until she better understood her situation, and instead allowed the other two who had appeared alongside her to reveal their natures through action and words. The one in the wolf pelt was weary of the unknown and protective, the armoured one zealous in reaction and both cautious and curious. That left the wax faced girl reminiscent of the more traditional finger maidens and spirit callers of her land, thoughtful and in reminiscence before acting with calm.

All in all there was no direct threats at the moment, the only real concern being the familiar woman and the unknown of the situation. "These Lands are pure of snow and yet untainted, yet it seems such leads to caution given how easily the pristine white can be stained."

She would scan those present once more through much of her upper face concealed behind the slits of her golden face. "As for the Knight of faiths questions, I can summize that these two are the welcoming party so to speak given their presence before newcomers that arrived at their main gate, Sir Ryke and Lady Melina given they did not give direct introduction. As for their knowledge of our presence, it is natural for one to watch said gate, finally the beverage is...unknown but likely to warm oneself from within."

Pausing once more she raises her good hand across her chest in a respectful gesture "For introductions, I am Malenia, Blade of Miquella....though I believe such titles lack relevance given the distance of my former homeland"

"...Down the rabbit hole we go."

The man clad in black stood in what seemed like the apotheosis of Mother Nature’s creation, alienated, trembling in his step; as though he knew that he didn’t belong. The scenery stood to the sky for what seemed like miles to him, all that reached the Hunter’s eyes was a cloudy haze, a miasma of figures that lost themselves in the heat, outlines of – Something, floating there in the horizon. Then he realized, heat, and as his head went up to that constant hum of birds soaring the skies; – “Mm… Woe is me, eh…” – it was blinding. White, sketched out above the clouds in golden outlines, not a feature he’d recognize save for the similarity to its counterpart, the moon. He’d never seen the sun before. He never wanted to see it, not in the waking world where there was no one waiting for him, where he had no real worth. The path was chosen ever since, when not a soul went looking for him in Iosefka’s – “Peace…” – He scoffed, baring teeth at that fire giant. Those who were reborn in the end of Yharnam, a war set by the beast scourge, never knew peace. The same was to be said for him. All this warmth, this mind-numbing comfort and homeliness, shone an abhorrent sight under that bright sun – He’d been holding his breath between gritted teeth in the depths of the sea for so long that it didn’t feel right to let go, not now. Most would’ve sprung out of the waters, gasping for air long denied to them, open arms to the sun’s embrace. Not him. The Hunter felt the safest inside the dark, drowning in those depths he was calm. Even through the darkest of dungeons and desolate, barren lands - None of that scared him as much as waking up did.

He closed his eyes, the sun still glimmering through, warm on his closed eyelids. The Hunter allowed himself to get carried away by the silent, emptying his head of the howls and cries of beasts, of gods. It was strange. – “I can’t see them at all.” – The eyes on the inside, it felt as though they weren’t there whatsoever, the haunting ballad of the deep, of the cosmos and that ancient song beyond it all, he couldn’t hear them calling. The Hunter grew tense at the subject, yet, he found himself short on time to muse over it. A hare, a giant hare finely dressed found its way to the Hunter. It took him aback, sure. But he’d already seen stranger beasts, this paled in comparison, the Hunter hefted his sawcleaver, perfectly weighted to his hand. He prepared a strike…But stopped mid-everything as the beast spoke; was it not like the Yharnamites? He stood there listening to it, analyzing its every move. It spoke a language he understood as clear as day, but he couldn’t quite pinpoint what it was that the beast wanted.

“Lady Alice…? My permit…?” – He mimicked the finely dressed anthropomorph, staring stupidly at it, at its knightly approach. The Hunter found it amusing, chuckling quietly to himself; he was tilting the head as though he’d turned into a curious dog. The hare left him feeling like a child, yet to learn how the world turns. The beasts of this land were peculiar, to say the least. The confusion lingered for a while as he only mustered the will to stare, the small voice of a woman, it rung to his ears as a hollow echo; his eyes were still fixated right on the hare, scanning it still as it turned to address the voice. The Hunter tried reaching out to it, touch its white mess of fur, maybe tear something out while he was at it – “Is it…real?” – He went over the thought countless times. He wanted to see how these ‘beings from another world’ reacted, how they bled, what was it that made them so dissimilar to the beasts in Yharnam, why they weren’t demented. The idea of them being ‘special’ enough to be half-man-half-beast and not go wild was insulting, yet romantic in a sense. What if he brought back everything he could learn from these beasts to the nightmare?

“Manners.” – But he held himself back. The Hunter deflated, his hand slowly coming back to his side in childish disappointment. He took a couple of steps back as the woman turned to him, tensed up at her seemingly amicable approach. He resisted the urge to reach for his armaments.

The Hunter took one deep breath, holding a strong meeting of the eyes with the lady, two sets of blood-red orbs staring back at each other. He had not the formality for introductions, nor a bow – “Harm? Why, it depends, my dear. If harm is required to meet my goals, then…Not a stone will be left unturned.” – He claimed, stolidly, his arms folded as he stared deep into her eyes – “Although,” – He started on a sigh, his index jutting out of where his arms crossed, pleading for a dramatic pause – “Harm, solely by human definition, a hazard or…say, a nuisance; wouldn’t quite encapsulate what I seek to do, see.” – He doubled toward her, both hands behind his back. The Hunter flashed both eyebrows at her, trying to see if the message was reaching. He huffed, straightened up and looked to the muddy soil, seeking emphasis to his words. Actions always spoke more than mere words to him – “Here!” – The Hunter kicked a decent-sized rock into the pathway that led to the floating citadels – “I have brought harm upon these lands. A poor soul might trip on that rock. Am I getting my point across? One shouldn’t meddle on the inner clockworks of our words, what is originally defined, can’t just live vicariously by it and give it another meaning. Shows that one is a spokesman, eh! Just my advice, confusion is easy to stir up with folk that take all too literally, such as myself.”

He glanced at the rock, stared up at her – “If what you are referring to is a premeditated action by arms, toward these cities and their people…Then no, Madam. I do not seek to take up my armaments and have my way with your citizens. There is no need for violence when I have yet to be wronged. Yet… – The Hunter explained. Extending a hand to his black Tricorn, grasping it by one of its worn-out wings and removing it from his head, he brought it low to his heart for a proper Hunter’s bow – “I am merely passing by. Lady rein, was it not? My name is…” – The Hunter cut his words mid-sentence, as though the wind had stolen the voice from him. He let out a trembling sigh – “Not important. You may call me a bastard on a mission. Though, do not shy away from calling me as you please, have at it! I’ve yet to have the pleasure of being named. I was baptized by my line of work, you see… Bet it’s a wonder, having a name…” – The Hunter dusted off his hat, laughing stiffly as he let out a deep sigh, his eyes met with hers again.

“I must ask, Lady Rein. You said I was your guest, back when our long-eared friend was speaking this nonsense about a permit. Why so? Do you have any idea of who I am, by any chance? What I’m looking for? Are you affiliated to that faceless man in any way?”

Mentions/Interactions: Azure Sky Azure Sky

Last edited:
A Blood Red Moon shone down upon the long darkened windows of that ominous estate. The Raven's Roost, The Scarlet Manor, minds imaginative and superstitious alike had bestowed it many titles. It was by now a haunted, empty place, assailed by dust and overgrowth. Rumors abounded what lay within. What family secrets, what vengeful memories, what sinister works might rest hidden among its eerie halls. Yet none dared trespass its bounds, for fear of its last remaining owner.

To Arcturus, however, his family home remained a place of respite. From The Hunt, from the bloodlust, from the prying eyes of the world beyond. This was his first time back, since that night. The memories drifted, hazy, amongst his waking thoughts. Reminiscence of the shining, moonlit blood spatter; of the harvest season's crisp, foreboding air; of the chilling, rapturous cry from a distant beast. Vivid yet distant, as if from a dream recently departed.

Of The Wondrous Moon, alighting a scarlet masquerade.

Light shone gracefully through the towering, rectangular windows of the manor's long abandoned ballroom, casting a lovely red hue throughout. They still came to him when he slept, from those distant days of childhood bliss. Halcyon nights of glamour and circumstance, when candlelight filled the air and ostentation yet disguised the world beyond. Nightmares now, more often than dreams, but fond nonetheless. At the far end of the checker tile floored room, sat within a semi-circular alcove aside three windows, was the ballroom's centerpiece – a majestic grand piano in midnight black. Its ivory keys were worn, its elegant sheen diminished, but its strings still sang as he remembered. Arcturus' slender, gloved fingers danced in triple meter, teasing out a somber sonata long ago etched upon his ears. A serenade for The Moon, a display of elegance to repress his craving.

With every measure he leaned into the instrument, rocking subtly upon the cushioned seat aside it. A faintly veiled frustration bled through every stroke of the keys, endowing every note with a violent passion. The steady pulse of music reverberated through the room, granting it a nostalgic facsimile of life, and drawing the hunter further into the act of playing. Awash in the glow of the lunar eclipse, Arcturus hardly took notice as the rest of the world seemed to fade away around him. He closed his eyes, the desire in his veins chained in waltz aside a wistful peace, and–

When The Raven's fingers failed to meet ivory, they next sought his holster.
Arcturus spun around, scarlet eyes snapping open, as the voice of another man reached his ears. Repressed yearning erupted into violence, his body acting of its own accord to draw and take aim against whoever it was that dared interrupt him.
Only his palm did not find the deadly pistol normally strapped to his right hip.
Surprised, but without hesitating, the hunter swiftly reached for his sword!
It was his left, this time, which first grasped awkwardly at his leg. Instead of finding the sheathe typically hanging from his belt, from which his thumb would have nudged the saber free to be more easily drawn, both hands found nought but empty air.

By then, however, the intruder before him had given Arcturus reason for pause. Words of greeting, praise, and reassurance – a promise of peace. Furrowing his brow, he finally stopped to take proper stock of his surroundings while the man continued to speak. Rather, his lack of surroundings, as all he found was darkness. Setting that aside for a moment, Arcturus then quickly refocused his ruddy gaze on the speaker. A man with a featureless face donning antiquated armor. His disposition was friendly enough, he didn't even have a weapon, but the lack of facial features set Arcturus on edge. Faceless things were always unsettling to look at, and worse to hunt.

Still he had yet to be attacked, and his equipment was missing regardless, so he lent the uncanny man his ear. By now Arcturus had settled on the conclusion that this was all some manner of dream. That somewhere along the line he had fallen asleep, and was dreaming this supposed chance of a new life. It would certainly explain why he couldn't make out the face of that armored man.
Although that, too, did not set him at ease.

A hand nervously scratched at his leg, habitually searching for something that wasn't there. He normally had his weapons when he dreamed...

Arcturus was hesitant to act on the prompt of this being. When the portals opened, he lingered there in that strange, suspended place. Once more he cautiously glanced around, as if he might find the familiar outlines of the ballroom in the sky around him. No such luck. With a reluctant sigh, the hunter finally acquiesced, picking a portal at random and striding towards it. Beyond he could see earth and stone alike suspended in the sky, a true dreamscape if he ever saw one – and he had seen one.
Although this place beyond the portal, it lacked a certain sense of unease to which he was accustomed...

Stopping just at the threshold, he turned to regard the armor clad man one last time. A look of both suspicion and curiosity, half expecting the being to no longer be there, with scarlet eyes narrowed. Arcturus hadn't said anything to respond that whole time. He hadn't felt the need, the faceless speaker's language indicating that he wasn't the only one being spoken to. He still didn't feel the need, with the way now open, and so silently continued forward after those few moments of scrutiny. Into the new world he was supposedly being offered.

Peace sounded nice, but what would The Scarlet Raven even do with such a life?

Azure Sky Azure Sky

Vordt post 3: Hot Cocoa!

Kind?” Vordt Guffawed “I suppose we all seem to be.” the touch of sarcasm poisoning his words but something in the way the woman in black spoke set his mind towards relaxing. The fact she so demurely drank the unknown drink lessened the threat of the strange situation and her comment of its sweetness was the final nail in the coffin. Vordt could not remember any taste but that of blood. Then the golden warrior, Malenia, spoke and with each logical conclusion, each visible fact soundly stated. Vordt knew he had misjudged the intent of most if not all of present. In fact he was lucky they didn’t take his actions to be hostile and act accordingly. Still the lump of pride he had lost for so long and just regained stuck in his throat and refused to allow him to speak any apology. In fact it smarted a bit that none here seemed even a touch intimidated by him.

With a sigh Vordt moved his great mace onto his back and a small click sounded as the haft locked into the clips on the back of his armor. The heavy head of the mace pointed towards the ground and the tip of the haft peeking over his right shoulder. “I suppose it would be crass to refuse a welcoming gift though.” Vordt grumbled walking back toward the cart and the group. With long clawed gauntlets Vordt haltingly picked up one of the cups and brought the drink steaming toward his lips. The cup clinked against his visor.

Vordt seethed for a moment embarrassment creeping up his ears turning them red. Quickly he ripped his helmet off and finished the drink in a few gulps. The taste was sweet, rich and smooth, sensations Vordt had forgotten and their reminder brought tears to the corner of his eyes. Then the heat overwhelmed his tongue and Vordt coughed a bit, expelling icy breath in an attempt to save his poor taste buds. “Sweet and very hot. ” He said, looking back up toward the city in an attempt to avoid further embarrassment by making eye contact.

The Maiden in Black
Mentions

The Maiden didn't know if Vordt noticed what exactly Malenia said about the lady. The maiden had noticed that despite the woman not giving anyone her name Malenia had named her. That would mean that she and Melina had come from the same world, though not at the same time. Malina had seemingly managed to integrate herself into the world and achieved some form of station. This was not exactly suspicious , but it did mean some from her world might come over, that was if their souls escaped the old one. The maiden was unsure if any could, the old one might have hesitate to retake her, but others she doubted and with it's new demon few could likely stand against the fog. The maiden took another sip not actually having introduced herself, she in truth debated how to do it, it was not like any even in her world would know her name, but she had many. She had the name from when she was human, the name she had taken as a demon of the old one, and the names from the nexus. Did any of the names before the nexus even matter? They had been burned away taken when she had been bound in what she wore her fineries torn from her body and her greatness reduced to the form of humanity she had once cast off.

" MY name, well i don't have one anymore, they call me firekeeper, candle maiden, the maiden in black. You can pick whichever you like
" She said having determined her old names were gone all that remained where the titles she had been given. The maiden took another sip the warm sweet beverage was nice to calm one who was still realizing her world was lost. Still there was one question the maiden had to ask, someone she would want to meet. " Lady Malina you know more than I of the being that brought us here, tell me does he ever allow children over?" The maiden asked trying to control her tone to hide how much she wanted to meet someone.

Beast Realms

"Oh my..." Not the sort of response she expected, but an interesting one nonetheless. Rein chuckled. When he initially started speaking Rein's pupils became slit-shaped, as it was initially unclear if he meant harm or not. But as she listened to him more and more, her grin became wider and wider.

I must ask, Lady Rein. You said I was your guest, back when our long-eared friend was speaking this nonsense about a permit. Why so? Do you have any idea of who I am, by any chance? What I’m looking for? Are you affiliated to that faceless man in any way?

"Faceless, huh? There is a monster tribe that can change shape, but in their normal form they do indeed appear faceless. Buut..." she took another glance at the hunter. "My instincts tell me you are not talking about those, therefore... No to all of those questions! Tehe." Rein replied as she performed a small pirouette.

"I lied about knowing you because you intrigue me. You look human, but you do not feel like one. You do not feel like a beastman either... So I was curious!" Her eyes started sparkling like the night sky.
Eoyc5Qn.gif

Haze- Haze-

Meanwhile, somewhere else... at the ourskirts of the Beast Realms...

A young lady with grey hair and green eyes was taking care of her small garden.
1650143589093.png
1650143729189.png

Something had caught her attention. It was a small plant-like creature.

1650143863895.png
"Ah, greetings. I am Drakeman of the Mandrake tribe. How do you do, young miss?"
"Oh my, it is my first time meeting one such as yourself. I am Gehrfrau, humble garden enthusiast." she said, as she took out a sickle. "And hunter of weeds."
"Ah, I am no weed, madam. R-rest assured." Drakeman gulped.
"I see. Hehehehe."
"Ha-hahaha."
"Hehehehe."
"Hahahahaha..."
"By the way, that is a mighty fine tomato you have behind you."
"O-oh... it really is."
"Such beautiful texture and that size... The person who planted it must have taken great care. Hehehe..."
"Indeed. Hahahaha..."
"Hehehehe..."
"Any last words?"
"M-mercy?"
"Funny... your friends asked the same thing."
"F-friends?"
Gehrfrau pointed towards the house, with two other Mandrakes dressed as buttlers, brushing and dusting around the house.
"Jerry, James! So that's where you... ah, shit."
"You will work..."
"Oh no."
"For me."
"At minimum wage!"
"Noooooo!"

Gehrfrau shifted her attention to another visitor. A man dressed in black with a rather trendy hat that suddenly appeared in front of her home. As she analysed him, Drakeman tried to escape.

"Oh my Jerry, look who is here."
"You must be mistaken dear James. This can't possibly be Drakeman. He who abbandoned us in our initial heist. He wouldn't have the roots to come back to this forsaken land..."
"Oh, Jerry, James. I- I am so glad you are well."
"Oh we are well alright... And you will be too."
"E-eh... about that."
Jerry and James's eyes started glowing. "It will be fun!"
"Noooooo!"

Leaving the Mandrakes to their shenanigans, Gehrfrau approached the mysterious man.

"Greetings traveller. I am Gehrfrau. How may I be of assistance? If you've come for the fashion-related events, I am afraid they do not extend to the Beast Realms. Are you lost? There aren't many humans that venture into these lands."

I make sure of it.

DrabberRogue DrabberRogue

Aurora Republic

"See Ryke? They mean no harm." Lina smiled wholeheartedly. Ryke said nothing, but there was one line that caught his attention. The red-haired woman referred to Lady Lina as Melina. Was it just a mistake? Malenia uttered her name with a strange degree of familiarity.

Also, while these individuals appeared together, they actually did not know eachother. Furthermore, this Vordt was way too similar to how Ryke was in the past. Suspicious. Was he reading too much into it?

"Milady Lina!"
"Guh... this guy again." Ryke rolled his eyes.
1650145864224.png
A massive dark-skined, tattooed older man came from within the city with a serene expression on his face. But he was not the one who addressed Lina.
1650145987453.png

A red-eyed, sharp-toothed man with a dragon tattoo on his right arm, dressed unusually, appeared from behind the massive warrior, looking all smug.

"It is the end of your shift, my lovely lady. We will take over for the rest of the day."
What do you mean "your". You godforsaken bloody piece of... Ryke was getting angry. What calmed him was Lina who grabbed him by the arm.

"Thank you kindly, Sir Oaken. We appreciate it." Lina said as she smiled. "Ah... these individuals are noble souls. I vouch for them. Thus I will guide them trhough the city." She said, as she pointed towards the Candle Maiden, Malenia, and Vordt.

"O-oh... I see." Said Oaken. More interested in the fact that Lina was clingling to Ryke. The man in the wolf pelt smilled with the greatest amount of smug energy he ever gathered. Oaken squinted.

"Now then. Would you like a tour of Aurora?" Lina asked the trio.

PlusUltra PlusUltra Conloth Conloth Karcen Karcen

The Scarlet Raven squinted up at the sun, his eyes still not fully adjusted to the sudden daylight, as his boots met solid ground. For all the strangeness of this dreamlike situation thrust upon him, that midday sky remained oddly normal. Though the same could not be said for the distant landscape which rose to meet it. The sight was surreal, now that he beheld it in person. There was, however, a more pressing matter which soon pulled his attention back to firmer ground.

Voices and movement both drew the hunter's gaze, affixing his scarlet hues upon a rather quaint looking house ahead of him. It seemed the only abode anywhere nearby, nestled in the surrounding forest, with a winding dirt path leading right to its door. A path he happened to be on. Before it lay what looked to be a well tended garden, from which was approaching him the presumed owner of the property. A pretty young lady with unusually colored hair. The metallic gleam of steel swiftly caught his eye, alerting him to the sickle present in the gardener's possession. Arcturus wasn't much of a gardener himself, but he knew the sickle well nonetheless. A tool as effective for harvesting limbs as it was for wheat. The sight of its wicked curve evoked memories of witch hunting amidst tree choked lanes, harried by screeching hags and... worse. The sickle was the choice weapon, if indeed they had choice, of the mad ones. Those otherworldly phantoms which only haunted the cursed few privy to their existence.

This gardening girl was a far cry from such horrors, at least as far as her outward appearance, but Arcturus was still put on edge. He was a stranger in a strange land, yet unsure what to make of the situation. His shoulders tensing, he watched the woman's approach, scrutinizing her for any sign of sudden movement. The hunter could feel the reassuring weight of his weapons once more strapped to his belt, trained habit pulling a ready hand to linger near his holster.

When Gherfrau spoke, Arcturus furrowed his brow at her strange words. Fashion related events? He chanced a brief glance down at his attire, considering its fine make and sharp fitting. Certainly the noble scion had paid some small thought to his wardrobe, but fashion was hardly at the forefront of his mind. It was utility, and the shadowy off-black that blended so well in the dark, which guided its design. Blinking a couple times in bafflement, Arcturus quickly returned his still wary gaze to the woman. 'Beast Realms' she'd said. The faceless man had mentioned such a place, was that the portal he'd stepped through?

Lovely.
A hunter never could escape his work, it seemed.

"As a matter of fact I am." Arcturus cautiously replied, his hard expression hidden beneath the veil of his cloth mask. Odd, he'd had it off while alone within his home, and didn't recall pulling it up. "I'm afraid I've... wandered from the path, and lost my way. Perhaps you could-" In the midst of his sentence, the hunter trailed off, his focus drifting past the woman to her home. Movement had once again caught his eye, accompanied by what sounded like tiny voices. Were those... walking plants in the shadow of her home? "...Madam, pardon me, but your garden appears to be running off." Spoke a bemused Arcturus, his fingers now resting uncertainly upon the grip of his pistol.

Azure Sky Azure Sky

The maiden mostly sipped her drink quietly. She was used to quite the time between dreams could be long and few of the nexus desired to speak much. The slayer of demons had been diffrent going out of his way to help those trapped. The maiden has beilived him a nobel soul despite the darkness. She must have been wrong. One hand holding her drink her free hand drifted to me midriff as if feeling a phantom pain. She was not sure but it was only with the old one that she could have been slain and only the slayer of demons was there. It was a bitter pill to swallow that even made the sweet drip taste sour.

Two more locals joined and once more the maiden remembered the nexus. It was hardtop beilive the prison has become a place she could even miss. The maiden only half listened as the locals chatted and no one brought up the idea two people from the sane wirkd had come. They also didn't answer her question the child likely would not come.

The maiden looked to Lina a soft smile on her lips "I hope your judgment of nobility is better than my lady" she said before looking to Oaken "I would nit mind a tour I have been unable to go far fir a very long time" she said her clothing more like bindings limiting her is some ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back