• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Well Mercy has Ghost Eating Technique so she could use her abilities to hurt the spirit....I am just not sure how that works? If she applies Ghost Eating Technique will her abilities (attacks, Black Wind, Spells) affect only the spirit or will it affect them both?

Mercy was going to be flexible here, she can use the Raptor spell or Black Wind to attack Wisdom or she can use Obsidian Butterflies to attack the horde.

Remember though that she is last in initiative...

If Fat Cat deals with the horde she will not use Butterflies...

Mercy was going to be flexible here, she can use the Raptor spell or Black Wind to attack Wisdom or she can use Obsidian Butterflies to attack the horde.

Glade would know that this Han Tha is about as bad as they come. The Unconquered Sun called for his destruction back in the high First Age and has labeled him a Creature of Darkness with all the weaknesses that go along with that.

Han Tha is old and powerful, and in the past it was known to possess the body of one of the sick cult members that would come seeking power from the dark spirit in order to act and in the physical world, usually choosing as powerful of a host body as possible in order to protect itself from direct harm.

That being said, even as tough as it is, it can be beaten, and when faced with a sufficient challenge that could be deadly to it, it would abandon the host body and run to its domain and hide until the coast is clear. It's habit of running has made it a thorn in the side of the Celestial Bureaucracy for thousands of years.
Eonivar Eonivar If we Players come to an agreement here, then Fat Cat will give those cannibals real reason to run for the jungles freeing Mercy to nail Han Tha.

But are we all in agreement here? Fight Han Tha, free Filial Wisdom, try not to kill anyone except for Han Tha?

Silent Glade, at least, has a good idea what we are up against, and that Han Tha, if harmed enough, will try to run instead of fight to the death.

I'm down to try this. Perhaps we'll be able to spook Han Tha out into the open and corral him long enough for Mercy to play Thwack-A-Mole with him and wipe it out.

I had a thought on this. Is there anything left of Filial Wisdom to save that is worth saving? I suspect Han Tha has been in possession of Filial Wisdom for quite a bit of time.

I had a thought on this. Is there anything left of Filial Wisdom to save that is worth saving? I suspect Han Tha has been in possession of Filial Wisdom for quite a bit of time.
What draws you to that conclusion? We just left the guy less on an hour ago.

What draws you to that conclusion? We just left the guy less on an hour ago.
Well we are taking measure of trying to save Filial Wisdom rather then just killing him outright. I do not mean to sound heartless but it may just be worthwhile to put poor Filial Wisdom out of his misery, he has been possessed and out of control of his body for sometime. He is probably insane and lost any common sense years ago.

Well we are taking measure of trying to save Filial Wisdom rather then just killing him outright. I do not mean to sound heartless but it may just be worthwhile to put poor Filial Wisdom out of his misery, he has been possessed and out of control of his body for sometime. He is probably insane and lost any common sense years ago.
I get your course of thought but not the foundation for it. What are you seeing that makes you think that?

Less an hour or so ago he was just a cocky bastard trying to look good in front of his cannibal buddies. Now he's beheading the very Celestial Lions he has shared space with for... who knows how long.

What are you seeing that makes you think that he's been possessed for a long period of time? Years? I have no evidence in that direction but you appear to.

We also don't know that he hasn't been possessed for a long time. We just don't have enough information to say one way or another.

Fair enough, just random thoughts really, Mercy will follow the "plan" as we have laid out.

We also don't know that he hasn't been possessed for a long time. We just don't have enough information to say one way or another.
Precisely! I am the new guy to this game. And Eon might be seeing things that I just plain don't.

Depending on how things go, Filial Wisdom may be very thankful to us for helping him, it really pissed off for chasing off Han Tha from him. Either way, we have our hands full.

But are we all in agreement here? Fight Han Tha, free Filial Wisdom, try not to kill anyone except for Han Tha?
I mean we can try, but that's a pretty high-effort strategy when it's unclear if we can separate the two, much less even damage Han Tha.

Does anyone currently have the ability to deal with dematerialized spirits?

As for separation, I suppose we can attempt knocking Filial Wisdom out and seeing if the artifact we just picked up works. Otherwise, best idea with our current resources is a sorcerous working to serve as an exorcism/binding. After that, I guess we pray he doesn't have the resources to just escape on us.

Dealing with spirits like gods can be real tricky unless they chose to fight.

Should probably also point out that a big part of his concept is being a guy who deals with troublesome spirits.

From the corebook:

"For seven motes, the Zenith may order a dematerialized spirit to manifest using a (Charisma + Presence) persuade action with (Essence) automatic successes. All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy, but may still have Defining Ties or Principles which counter this advantage. If successful, the Zenith’s very command draws the spirit into the material world, so that it does not need to pay the cost to materialize."

From the corebook:

"For seven motes, the Zenith may order a dematerialized spirit to manifest using a (Charisma + Presence) persuade action with (Essence) automatic successes. All spirits inherently recognize the Unconquered Sun’s authority in the priest-kings and are compelled as if by a Defining Intimacy, but may still have Defining Ties or Principles which counter this advantage. If successful, the Zenith’s very command draws the spirit into the material world, so that it does not need to pay the cost to materialize."
It's days like this I'm reminded how heavily Animas got overhauled for everyone not an Eclipse Caste for 3E. (And I think Night Caste mostly)

I'm just used to tackling spirits being a heavy investment thing. Even with this there's some tricks they have I don't think we have an answer for. Ah well, this is plenty for us to defend ourselves.

Also not used to people wanting to let Filial live, but we'll see how this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back