• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Open Sky OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Felix

Behind that Crazy Premise
This is where we can discuss whatever is going on, both IC and whatever else.

This is also where you will put most dice rolls, especially ability checks. Ask me in here what you are trying to do, and then you can roll it in the post with this question.

Steamdrunk Steamdrunk Sherwood Sherwood dae mec dae mec Psychie Psychie ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose Fluxbauble Fluxbauble

I noticed that only Dae Mec noted down a position on the ship. Could the rest of you think of what your task/skills on the ship would be? Here are some options, but choosing multiple is fine and changing during the game is also possible:

Lookout
Quartermaster
Coxswain
Cook
Shipwright
Gunmen

I myself will be the captain and I have an NPC who is the stone pilot (basically our ship floats because of a rock that hovers higher when warmer and lower when colder, which this guy manages).

Hmmmm... Lugg-Mag is not proficient in Perception (best not Lookout or Coxswain), he has no skill in repairing or Capentry (not Shipwright).
Lugg-Mag is competent in ranged weaponry, but if there's only one Gunner role it should go to the Artificer with a GUN.
The less said about Lugg-Mags Deep Forrest Gumbo the better.
So I'll say Lugg-Mag will be Quartermaster.

Given the nature of Pyke, I wish to be the Lookout. They aren't exactly someone who wants to be the center of attention unless necessary. Perhaps also a Scout when we make landfall. I have a few spells that would be beneficial for such a role.

Besides being the talky nerd/face (which is an important position, of course!), I was thinking that maybe she could be entertainment with the music and help as bosun/bosun's mate. Jidath isn't particularly strong, but she is dextrous, so she could help with the knots and stuff.

Also, I added a picture and changed her appearance very slightly because I really liked the picture I found.

So, call me ignorant, but what is a Coxswain? That job seems to be unclaimed at the moment, but I have no idea what that is.

Nice pic. I like it.
Thanks! I saw it and was like, "Well, guess her hair's gonna be green now."

So, call me ignorant, but what is a Coxswain? That job seems to be unclaimed at the moment, but I have no idea what that is.
I think they're the person who helps navigate. Google tells me they also help manage the crew. So, since there's already pilot... maybe their assistant? Also, no worries, it's a very strange word that I had to look up myself.

I think they're the person who helps navigate. Google tells me they also help manage the crew. So, since there's already pilot... maybe their assistant?
Thanks for the info. I guess Sasha will learn the ways of reading maps and charting the course.

Do I remember right that our Illustrious Storyteller said we'd be starting on Friday? Looking forward to seeing how Savanah does in the game.

Psychie Psychie Same as above, if you think Sasha would be better as bosun/bonsun's mate (helping with the sails, rigging, tying knots, helping with crew management), then I'd be totally up for switching. Or Steamdrunk Steamdrunk , if you would prefer bosun, there's any combination of swaps. I'm fine with any of the roles, honestly.

And Felix did note that we could have multiple roles, so we wouldn't even need to switch, I guess!

Psychie Psychie Coxswain does indeed do a lot of the navigating and sometimes takes the steering wheel as well.

Steamdrunk Steamdrunk a combination of gunner and navigator would really fit a ranger I think.

Sherwood Sherwood I sure did, the first post will be up in a few hours, but I won't be online much today, so you can start with some more interaction among yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back