• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

He linked his fingers with hers, glad he had managed to do one thing that wasn't bad or annoying or pissing somebody else offf, that maybe for once he had done the right thing, and left the universe just the tiniest bit of a better place for it. "Any time" he didn't shrug it off like he usually would. "unfortunately I know those kinds of poisonous moods all to well, and the effects they have too. You really don't need that crap right now, none of us do."

The fact he didn't shrug off her thanks like usual, like she was expecting him to, and told her she didn't need any of this right now meant so much to Kay. She just let out a simple 'mm' sound to agree with him that none of them needed this extra crap to deal with alone. "You know... When you wanna be, you're good at this whole listening and giving advice milarky..at least to me anyway" she told him with a slight hint of cheekiness in her tone.

She then turned a little serious again, "Hey John? Can we like...not sleep in separate beds tonight? And I don't mean in a dirty sexual manner before your mind goes to the gutter, despite the fact I'd gladly take you whenever and wherever...but...I just don't wanna sleep alone tonight" she told him honestly.

Last edited:
John was surprised when Kay said he was actually good at dealing with emotions and listening. It wasn't something he was aware of, but having it pointed out, made him realise it. It was probably something to do with raising Elliott. The two had started off closed up, but inextricably opened up themselves and each other. It wasn't a trait he felt was necessary for his everyday life, he'd seen compassion, sympathy and kindness get people, good people, killed.

Her next comment caught him off guard, the first part surprising him and the second part making her smirk slightly. "yeah we can, I get the whole 'not wanting to be alone thing'"

It really seemed they both were learning new things about themselves via each other. She just wanted John to know he was better at these little things that mean alot to people than he gave himself credit for. She was aware it no doubt was thanks to Elliott, having heard stories from Chas on training days or when they were alone.

She nodded, glad she didn't overstep the mark by requesting such a thing. She just slept so much easier when she was with him than when she slept alone. And last time she slept she had that whole dream taking her to her attacker, so she really didn't want to experience that again. "Thanks.." she simply said.

John just nodded, he could tell this meant a lot to her. He chose one of the crew rooms at random, they were all equally small. It made sense when paired with Jay's explanation of this just being a place for doctors or med people to crash in after pulling a long shift. He himself almost fell down onto the bed, which was deceptively comfortable. He pulled off his combat boots, which were feeling restrictive after so long in them. His feet were bare, socks didn't come high on his priority list.

Kay walked with him to the chosen crew rooms. The size, like with the other quarters, did not go amiss to her. Roomy almost felt like an understatement to her. She sat down on the edge of the bed after he did, removing her own boots, and unlike him she had her stockings still on even though she had earlier changed into her jeans.

The bed was definitely deceptively comfortable which she wasn't expecting, but was glad it was. She never did well on a hard bed and the last thing they all needed was bad backs because every single one of them had crap beds to sleep on. "Didn't think I'd be so happy to sit on a bed like I am right now" she smirked. She then realised she had never taken off her jacket and removed it chucking it on the floor beside her boots, leaving her in just her short sleeved crop top she'd been in for a long while now and her ripped jeans.

"Next time, I vote we steal the League's personal spaceship, it's far more comfortable" he replied, before smirking at the thought, that would have been such a huge middle finger to give them. And he didn't think he would have any difficulty persuading Jay, or at a last resort Rinaa to do it. In fact they'd more than likely jump at the chance. On the other hand it was no doubt equipped with every tracking system in the known cosmos. With a wry grin he continued "or so I've heard, they haven't let me in it for some unknown reason." The sarcasm in his tone was totally obvious as he lay down.

Kay laughed at his little quip. She looked at him with that signature raised eyebrow she has a habit of giving him, along with her smirk. "Noo... Couldn't imagine why they'd never let you in there. I mean, you're the definition of innocent and trustworthy" she replied just as sarcastically.

He loved him but she wasn't oblivious to his antics. She then flopped backwards onto the bed, her head hitting the pillow, but her legs still over the edge of the bed. Her body having contoured itself at a weird angle she'd definitely regret in minutes. She looked up at him expecting some kind of sassy reply or comeback for her remark.

"I know right? Yet you'd think by their attitude that they didn't trust me in the slightest. And they even have the nerve to try and have me followed as a reward for being so trustworthy. That didn't last long." He smirked, knotting his hands together and tucking them behind his head.

Kay chuckled more, trying so hard to keep a straight face at the whole conversation. "Sound like a right peachy lot of ya ask me...not" she replied, still smirking. Just as she thought, she started getting cramp under her ribcage from her ridiculous position, so she pulled her legs up onto the bed so she was straightened out more, and not at an right angle. Then she became devious as she watched him relax with his hands behind his head.

It took just a simple action of wrapping her legs round his waist and she yanked him to lay down beside her, causing her to laugh more. The whole sarcastic conversation and laid back attitude really helping her to de-stress.

John had so nearly succeeded in a keeping an entirely straight face, but he started laughing at Kay's response. "Band of merry morons more like" The words left his mouth at the same instant he himself was pulled sideways by her legs wrapping around him. Now lying on his back, he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into a more comfortable position alongside him.

He felt a lot better than he had that day (which really wasn't saying much considering how the whole day had gone.)

Hearing her comment cracking him and making him laugh she felt she accomplished something. She of course, still didn't know the League like he did, hell, she still hadn't been introduced to them for probably very good reasons. Yet knowing how they treated John, she enjoyed making digs at them greatly.

As he laid down she let him pull her into a more comfortable position, her arm draping across his chest and her head in the crook of his neck and shoulder. The place that was rapidly becoming her favourite place to be. She could tell he was feeling better than from earlier as she was feeling the same way. The day had been a lot to deal with for all of them and extremely long. A content little sigh escaped her lips.

John was probably getting far too used to moments like this. The few, fleeting patches of normalcy in the shite show that claimed it was his life. Yes it was probably selfish to be feeling this contented when Elliott was no doubt locked up in some prison cell. But he felt entitled to be selfish at this moment in time, and besides Elliott seemed to have a plan. He didn't sigh contentedly like Kay did, but it was obvious that he was relaxed and in that weird relaxing half awake half asleep state.

The thoughts of what Elliott could be possibly facing never left Kay's mind. But she knew he had a plan so she had to trust in him at least a little bit. Like John, she too felt she deserved this little bit of normalcy and feeling of contentment. She could feel how relaxed he felt from the way she was all but snuggled up to his side and draped partly over him. She knew it wouldn't be long before she found him asleep. She would have spoken but there wasn't anything to say and sometimes that was perfectly okay.

Kay was getting to that stage of beginning to feel tired but had no idea if she would be able to sleep. She also knew of she fell asleep then it would come round quicker that their normal couple moment would be over, and they'd go back to being all business.

John may not have possesed and super powers or genetic modifications or any enhancements that weren't back street cons or dodgy magic. But he did possess the uncanny ability to fall asleep anywhere, any time, no matter how uncomfortable the position. It was something he just learned to do, to blot out everything, even his own thoughts for long enough to allow him to shut down for the night. He literally nodded off in the space of two seconds, one second he was awake, the next asleep.

As she predicted, she felt his breathing change as he fell asleep. She looked down towards their feet, seeing the duvet rolled back, to which she leaned down and grabbed it, pulling it over the both of them. It was thin but it was something as she couldn't sleep without anything covering her. She then went back to hugging John's sleeping form and closed her eyes.

It took her a while but she did eventually fall asleep listening to his heartbeat, finding it lulling her into slumber better than anything else could. She found no dreams or mysterious messages come to her when she slept beside him, and if she was awake she would have been thankful for being given the break. In her sleep she barely moved, which was a rare thing indeed for her, the only movement she made was gripping onto the duvet, practically tucking it under her chin, meaning it went from being equally over John to only partially being over him. She was draped over him more than the duvet was.

Despite Kay's presence, there was something about either the ship or the current circumstances that meant John's sleep wasn't peaceful. He was plagued with nightmares, half remembered fragments of incidents he tried to blot out, mixed with the events of that day. A blend of sci-fi, magic and the faces of those he'd lost and could still loose. His subconscious seemed to delight in torturing him like this, and went all out.

That night he didn't scream or lash out like Elliott did (although that wasn't exactly uncommon for him either). His body just locked up completely, his muscles tensed and rigid. The blood drained, returned and re-drained from his face and his heartbeat sped up. He woke up with a jolt, at first not remembering where he was. But his memories returned quickly and he fell backwards onto the bed again "ah bollocks"

Kay wasn't aware of how disruptive John's sleep was. It was only when he woke with jolt that she stirred to see his sleep had clearly been plagued. With a slight sleeping moan, she shuffled when he laid back on the bed and opened her eyes to look at him.

"Hey..you okay?" She asked, knowing he wasn't but wanted to metaphorically tread softly with him in this moment, as she lifted her hand and turned his face to look at her, her thumb stroking his cheek. Looking at him with soft sleepy eyes, it was obvious she was wanting to be there for him, like he's been there to listen to her.

John didn't look any more tired or exhausted than usual, but that, he supposed was one of the benefits of perpetually looking scruffy. Maybe the area around his eyes was a bit darker than usual and his hair was a mess, but that was nothing that couldn't be fixed. He hadn't meant to wake Kay, and was annoyed at himself for doing so. But since she was awake now, he might as well give her (part of) an explanation. "I didn't sleep to great, but considering everything going on and on my mind, it could have been a lot worse.

Kay ran her fingers through his scruffy hair, despite always finding it strangely suited him and part of the appeal to her. She frowned when he told her a vague explanation. It didn't surprise her though to hear that he didn't sleep too great. It was a stressful situation and it was bound to have had an affect on at least one of them. She was honestly surprised she didn't have any bad dreams or visions.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked. "You've listened to my issues enough times, it's only right for me to do the same back" she added, her tone proving her meant what she said and wanted to hear what he'd have to say. She also though wanted to relax him. He may have woken her but she really didn't mind. Her sleep wasn't all that deep a sleep that she wouldn't have woken up at any kind of disruption.

John wasn't the kind of person who talked about his problems, he usually just ignored them until they became so large they majorly fucked him over. But he remembered what Elliott had said in his message "John, don't be a moron, talk to somebody, even if it is a dead person, yes, I knew about that". He didn't look at Kay as he spoke "I'm worried about Elliott, I know he has a plan and all, but I really don't want to lose him. I know full well it'll throw me over the edge, just like tha last time. And my track record with kids is shite to say the least. But if I lose the idiot, this time I'll turn so dark, I won't come back. Ever. And I don't want that, I want to continue existence as the areshole who storms into the Watchtower and gives the League a bollocking. But I know that I'll go darker than ever before if something happens. And it'll kill me"

Kay was expecting the usual 'no i dont' type of answer from John, and if it was that she wouldn't push him, just like Elliott told her in her message. So when he start talking about what was on his mind, she listened intently, giving him her full attention. What he said broke her heart, like a lot of what he said did. She was falling deeply in love with him rapidly and she didn't want him to lose himself.

When he finished talking, she actually sat up and pulled him into her arms tightly and protectively. "We'll get him back. I have hope and a gut feeling about it that we will succeed. I won't let you fall back into that dark out of your mind...but if you do I won't let you suffer alone. I don't want to lose Ell either so I can only imagine on a small scale of how you feel, until our bloody bond gives me a stronger idea of it. You don't need to suffer on your own. You say your track record with kids has been shit, and I'm not one to tell you any different because I don't know the full story, only the glimpses you've told me in the past. But it's going to be different with Elliott. I don't believe he would do this if he knew it created too large a chance of you losing him. He's an idiot but he wouldn't put you through that" she told him.

"So..." She grabbed his wrist that had his bond on and she linked their fingers so they're wrists touched, and it made the marks show to the surface. "Take this and share my hope we'll get him back. And if you EVER feel lost? Just know I'm here to share that with you. We're in this together no matter where the path takes us" she said to him.

John wasn't quite sure what to expect from Kay when he opened up the tiniest dark part of his mind. Only three people really knew about the darkness he struggled with. Chas, because thy had known each other all their lives. Elliott because they had shared so much, in an effort to try and rid the other of their darkness. His sister had an idea, they had gone through so much of the same things in the earlier years, but now their paths had well and truly diverged. But she was one of the few who he would trust with the darkness inside him. And now it seemed he should add Kay to this list

But yet again, Kay was proving herself (not that it was necessary at this stage.) she never failed to surprise him with the care she could show him, and he was still trying to wrap his head around it. He'd never received much in the way of emotional comfort growing up, so this was alien to him. He took in everything she said, knowing it was the truth. He could only watch as the bond sigils reappeared, reminding him that he wasn't in this alone. He hoped that her hope would be able to cancel out his darkness and despair, but there was doubt, there always would be with him. He gripped her hand with his "looks like I'm stuck with you, eh? Let the odds be ever in our favour and all that crap"

It didn't a rocket science degree for Kay to know John was still pretty much learning what it felt like to have emotional support from someone. Hell, in that aspect she was similar, not fully the same but similar. Like with most people she found easier to help others than take help herself. With John it was no different. She'd help him until her last dying breath, whether that be a temporary death or her ultimate demise.

She knew it'd take more than this one reminder that he wasn't alone for him to think his darkness could be cancelled out by her hope, but that's what being in a relationship and bonded to someone was all about.. constantly working on making that belief that little bit easier to grow. She smiled when he gripped her hand back and she looked at him after he spoke, "Right. You're stuck with me forever and always John. I'm not going anywhere without you" she replied to him, smiling at his hunger games reference, before kissing the side of his head.

John knew that some point they'd actually have to leave the tiny crew quarters, and interact with the other human, alien and whatever the Hells Rinaa was, but he had absaloutly no desire to move from where he was. He knew that he was meant to be there, at Kay's side, even if there happened to be millions of miles away from the blue and green orb he called home. "doesn't look like I'm going anywhere either". He half smiled, half smirked, wrapping his other arm around Kay, pulling her closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back