• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay could just tell he didn't fully mean the reply of agreeing to drop it. Yet for the sake of jay and John's face, she was going to drop it all and continue to the docks like the conversation was never spoken about. She saw how Jay's fists unclenched but her shoulders still stiff. She really could have lectured the hell out of John for putting Jay in this mood when they relied on her for so much at this time.

Arriving at the docks, she instantly recognised the figure waiting for them even if the outfit was different. The mask gave them away to her straight away. Kay wasn't sure how to react, she knew Jay said she was trustworthy and she did prove it by saving her, but something still out her on alert. Maybe it was down to not seeing her face, so she couldn't drop her guard for that reason. Maybe it was something else but she out it down to the former.

Chas had never met the masked girl before, but even he felt that there was something familiar about her. Maybe it was the way she leant against the ship, four large gear bags around her feet, without a care in the worlds. Or maybe it was the fact that her words perfectly straddled the balenced between snarky, pissing off Jay and a tone that suggested she was joking. "Rinaa? Really? Your name means Storm? That's far more dynamic than your stupid prison number."

"You are one to talk, considering both you and your brother used your names as your call signs, so unimaginative!" the smirk was visible in her voice, even under the mask. Jay didn't say anything to that comment. "And you've got the gang assembled already...well bar the obvious exceptions." Mask turned to look at Kay and John "Sorry about the whole dagger thing, but orders are orders."

Kay looked between this Rinaa and Jay as they exchanged words. Now she was getting a tad confused, but she kept her mouth shut. She also hoped for the time being that John would too after his little previous question. Now was not the time to piss of Jay anymore.

She looked at Mask/Rinaa back when she apologised about the dagger thing. "At least you apologised I guess" she thought to herself before saying something, "orders? you were ordered to leave me near dying? Why?" She couldn't hold the question back anymore, not now she had the opportunity to ask it, and hearing she was ordered to leave her in that state just tipped her over the edge, from keeping quiet to having the balls to ask. Her tone showing a hint of annoyance.

"Yes to both of those statements. Yes I was given orders, it's like in Terminator, I was sent back with jobs to do and I'm going to do them. And yes, it involved leaving the shard inside you. As for why? It was so that both of you would know how much of a danger iron would be before things get really messy." she replied "So are you the T-800 or are you Reese?" was Chas's next question.

"More of like Grace from Dark Fate. But to be totally honest it is more complicated than that, time travel always is. " Rinaa replied with a hint of bitterness in her tone.

"some bloody lesson..." She quietly scoffed in response. Kay understood the reasons. As she had to admit, that was a first for finding out that iron was so harmful to her, she just wished it was shown to her in a less lethal manner. That whole distain to the damsel in distress trope that that situation out her in, coming into full swing once again. Her arms unlinked from round John's and folded across her chest.

She also hated the way Rinaa put emphasis on the word 'really' in the messy comment. Kay noted the bitterness in her tone when talking about time travel. Then came the next question that was running round her mind. "Okay two things, 1) when you say really messy...you mean..what exactly? And 2) calling John GJ? What does that mean?" She continued asking. The second part wasn't the most important question to ask but it was bugging her greatly, and as Chas and John more so than Jay would know with her by now, the moment something bugged her she became stupidly stubborn and wouldn't let it drop until she got answers.

This was going to be a match of verbal will. Rinaa crossed her arms and stared Kay right back. "1) I mean that people are going to die" she replied, completly dead-pan serious, not the slightest hint of joking or mocking in her tone at all. "and 2) it means it is a private inside joke from my past, the future for you lot and therefore a spoiler." she replied.

Jay meanwhile had grabbed Rinaa's bags and started stowing them in the ship's hold.

Kay really didn't like this Rinaa already. If her theory was right, then maybe her opinion would change but she just felt their personalities clash really badly, and it would no doubt be obvious. She did not like the idea of people around her dying even though she knew that'd quite possibly be the case. She would just have not fight tooth and nail to let it be her, John, Chas or Elliott. She couldn't bare the thought of knowing how John would be if it was any of them, and vise versa.

Kay also wasn't surprised to hear the whole inside joke would be considered a spoiler. She just sighed with a huff. She broke her judgemental stare off with Rinaa to see Jay packing the girls' bags onto the ship. "This is gonna be a loooong trip" she thought to herself unimpressed. "Guess we should get moving then" she muttered to Chas and John.

"Guess we should." John replied, still wary of the whole situation. Chas nodded "who thinks this is going to get even more awkward than it already was?" "me for certain, a fight is gonna break out at some point and it won't be me in the black eye club, it will be Kay." John smirked, noting the hostilities already forming between Kay and Rinaa.

The last bag was a guitar case, Jay froze at the sight of it. The brief dialogue that passed between them was too quiet to be heard by Chas, John and Kay, but it resulted in Jay taking the case and the two heading inside the ship. Up in the cockpit Jay was seated in the pilots seat, the guitar case strapped to the back of her chair. Rinaa had taken up one of the rear gunner seats, meaning her back would be turned to Jay, Chas, John and Kay. Her hood was down, revealing black dreadlocked hair. There were three coloured streaks-a silver, a dark blue and a purple. Both ears were slightly pointed and pierced with at least seven small rings.

Kay squinted her eyes at Jay and Rinaa talking, just because she couldn't hear what they were saying didn't mean she was suspicious all the same. When John commented on her being the next one in the black eye club she daggered him with her eyes, though she meant no malice toward him. Just him saying that, proved her dislike for this newbie was obvious to them. "Thanks for the support" she said sarcastically. She knew he was right, she would no doubt be the next one but she still had faith she'd give as good as she got.

Boarding the ship she sat in her usual seat behind Chas' copilot seat. She glanced behind her to see Rinaa has finally let her hood down, so she took in the details of her that she could see. The hair stood out to her, reminding her of the purple Elliott put in his hair after her suggestion. It made her miss Elliott just that bit more, like a mother being ripped from their child. She also noted all the piercings in her pointed ears. Looking back forward again, she wondered if this long trip would get Rinaa to show them her face properly.

"Any time" John smirked, Chas just rolled his eyes at their actions, before getting in. Jay started up the engines, but they didn't go far, only a quick jump over to Tor 2. Unlike it's twin, Tor 2 was almost completly land, with little surface water below ground were various under water lake systems, but they were deep enough not to cause any sinkage problems and shallow enough to provide geothermal heat and power.

Jay turned to look at them "I'll be ten minutes max" and without giving them chance to protest she exited the ship. "not at all vague and suspicious in the slightest" John remarked.

She actually smirked when she saw Chas' reaction and it was in that very moment she realised what a normal couple her and John just sounded like.

When the landed on Tor 2, she leaned forward slightly to look out the window to see how different it looked compared to Tor 1, taking it all in before leaning back in her seat and glancing up at Jay when she stood up to leave. "Couldn't agree more but this is Jay... She's all about the vague and suspicious activity. We shouldn't be surprised by this anymore" she replied to John. She then swiveled her chair to behind her to eye Rinaa once more before swivelling back forward sighing.

"It seems that basically everybody we're meeting now are all about the vague and suspicious activities. It seems to be a way of life round these parts. I'd actually be more surprised if we met somebody 100% open with us." Chas commented. "You'd probably suspect them of using a ruse and actually keeping everything important from us." John added, knowing that he would definitely be suspicious of a totally open person (even more so than usual).

Without turning around from her position Rinaa told them exactly what was going on" she's visiting her dead brothers memorial."

Ay nodded in agreement to Chas but then she also agreed with John. As much as they'd want someone to be straight with them it would no doubt rise more suspicions toward that person than if they were vague.

She glanced back toward Rinaa when she told them the truth. She couldn't begrudge Jay this if that was the case. After all John did do the same thing not long ago that she didn't know about, but knew he visited a grave due to the dirt. "Can't begrudge her that" she remarked.

Chas hadn't been expecting that, but putting the pieces together it made sense. Having the key to a dead person's lockers, of course she'd have or as next of kin. The inordinate amount of condolence messages in her post box. John mentioning Jackal and the way she tensed up in anger and bitterness. Rinaa's jab at her and her brother having unimaginative call sign choices. And John knew that part of the reason Elliott had been punched by Jay was because he said something about her brother. "So her brother is...was this Black Jackal guy?" She nodded "yes, that was him." John then realised that he really had put his foot in it, and cursed internally.

"No, you really can't, for all the judging you lot are doing, you can't judge her for that." her last remark was in response to Kay's comment.

Kay knew John would no doubt realise he really did screw up when he brought up the question by now. She didn't need any mystical bonding to him to know that, as if it was he roles were reversed, she would feel totally guilty as well. Like Chas, all the pieces fitted together in Kay's mind.

When Rinaa aimed her last comment at her, she internally cringed. She was right, they were being very judgy at the whole thing. "Like I said before, new people make us suspicious... Even if Jay did tell me you're trustworthy." She replied, her tone still not letting up around her. She wasn't going to let Rinaa know she hit a nerve that easily. She unbuckled from her seat and stood up, "I'll be back before Jay is...need to remember where the bathrooms were" she said. It was utter bullshit but she needed a breather away from Rinaa.

"Believe what you want about me, think what you want about me, it's not like there is anything I can do to change it" Rinaa replied in a tired tone. Her remark sounded almost like something John would say and Chas picked up on that, raising an eyebrow at John. She produced a set of headphones along with a phone like device. She shoved them on and hit play, closing her eyes and reclining back in the chair slightly.

As promised, Jay returned back nine minutes later, her face set.

Kay picked up on her attitude being similar to John's too but said nothing. She went for a walk to calm down. She had no idea why Rinaa was getting under skin but she was. She was only gone for around five minutes and felt a lot calmer for it. She sat back down deciding to keep quiet as she slumped in the seat.

She looked up when Jay arrived back four minutes after she got back. It was only a glance she made before she stared at the floor again. She kept thinking about her thoughts when alone, how she needed to give Rinaa more of a chance. How of her theory ever proved right, then she didn't want to come across as the evil grandmother, having come to this conclusion a little while ago. She also out down alot of her attitude to whole situation at hand.

Jay took off, this time exiting the normal way, at Chas's questioning glance she explained "Entry through the fields shows you have the skills and the balls, exit through the main way shows that you have sense enough to expend as little fuel as possible. It's just one of those things you pick up over time."

Once they cleared Tor airspace, Jay turned to face them. Seeing Rinaa's inert form she pulled out a dagger and tossed it at the girl's head. Rinaa's hand snapped up the blade seconds before the hilt hit the back of her head "You've still got it then" There might have been an impressed under tone to her voice, there might not have been. She turned and gestured to get everyone's attention. "now listen up people. For convenience sake, I say we adopt to Attil time. Which makes now late evening, early night. I suggest you lot figure out where you are sleeping, and if anyone is going to be snoring loudly or doing anything else noisy, put yourself away from everybody else. I'm taking the cockpit. We've got a little over two days left, so we might as well try not to kill each other, capisce?" Rinaa nodded" I'll take the escape pod down the far back." " I'll just crash in the med bay itself then"

Kay was still stressed out as they took off. She ignored what Jay said to Chas. Her left thumb was pressing deep into her palm, a thing she did when she was stressed. She purposely put some kind of pain onto herself without actually doing anything stupid. She had no idea if John was connected to her emotions or not as she forgot about their link to each others' emotions as she did it.

It was only when Jay spoke up telling them all to listen that she looked up. It made sense to her as she compared it to when she would change her watch to the destination time zone when she flew between the UK and Seattle all those years ago. She listened to where everyone was calling shotgun for sleeping, deciding that left her and John the sleeping quarters. "Guess that leaves the bedroom quarters for me and John" she added, deciding to not bring up what Jay was implying about noise.

"Yes, it does, I'll let you guys fight it out for which of the tiny, boxy rooms you want." Jay's raised eyebrow spoke volumes. "I'll be up here if you need me, but try not to." she added, her tone telling them to leave this cockpit so I can get some sleep/alone time.

Rinaa jumped at the opportunity to leave, vanishing down the ladder and heading to the escape pod which was one of two attached to the ship, one on each side. Chas and John followed suit, the former heading for the med-bay, the latter waiting until he was out of earshot before turning to Kay "I may be crap at dealing with people emotions, but something's clearly up with you"

Kay just got up after everyone else and followed them down the stairs. She noticed how John held back out of earshot of the others before turning to her. She sighed when he called her out on her mood. She would have fed him the usual lie of 'im fine' and 'its nothing' but she was pretty damn sure he wouldn't believe her.

"It's no big deal.." she said, which she came to realise is no different the other options she told herself she wouldn't use. She continued to dig her thumb into her hand. She was completely oblivious to the fact that her mood was even noticable to other until John spoke to her. "Just stressed I guess" she added, wondering when she became the one that closed off and he became the one asking how she was.

"I call that bullshit, it's clearly a big deal" He didn't need the bloody bond to tell him that, he wasn't such a cold hearted areshole as his facade made him appear to be. Speaking of which "but it's kind of hypocritical coming from me of all people. And we're all a lot fucked up by what's going on. I don't think anyone on this ship really wants to say exactly what they think about this whole steaming boatload of bollocks." He finished with a sigh, leaning against the wall.

She sighed when he called her out on her lie. Kay nodded at what he said, she knew he was right. She was far from the only one finding it difficult to deal with this crap. She'd be selfish to think she was, which luckily she didnt. Leaning against the wall next to him, she sighed once more leaning against him.

"I get that.. I do. I'd be an utter moron if I didn't. Just.. that Rinaa? I dunno... She just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I can't put my finger on it though. I wanna get passed it, I don't want to be the cause of awkward hostilities but yeah... I guess I'm not taking her and whoever she's working for method of telling me and you that iron is deadly to me. I'm pissed I couldn't have been told by the book or my mom..." She started opening up finally and she wasn't sure of she'd be able to stop. "And I know this isn't about me, and I don't wanna make it about me at all. Just.. this is all such bullshit" she concluded.

John put an arm around Kay, an almost instinctive action by now and listened to her. He could understand what she was saying, a lot of it reflecting his own thoughts on the current 'situation' at hand. "She does that to me too, even if she's my grandkids or whatever I really just want to knock some sense into her. She's just so abrasive, it's like she's deliberately trying not to get close to us, despite the fact that we are going to be stuck together for the foreseeable future. It is like she doesn't even want us to like or tolerate her."

"The whole point of this drama was to get my bloody kid back, and now we've been lumped with yet another series of problems we wanted no part in. So let's be selfish and self centered about this whole thing together, yeah?"
he finished with a light kiss on Kay's forehead.

Kay was so glad that she wasn't the only one feeling like this towards Rinaa. She listened to everything he was saying, he managed to put into words how she was feeling so much better than she did. With his arm around her, it stopped her from digging her thumb into her own hand, something that no one could ever do. She lifted up one hand and held onto his.

She looked up at him from her position on his shoulder and nodded. "I agree, it's like she wants to piss us off deliberately or start a fight or something.." she concurred. "And okay, together" she added, before he gave her forehead a light kiss which got a small smile out of her. "Thanks for calling me out on my mood...it would have eaten me up otherwise" she told him, not leaving her position against him, or letting go of his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back