• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"Excellent then" The rest of them eventually chimed in with their approval. "I think three pilots is more than enough up here, so unless you feel like taking over repair and deep cleaning duty, then there really isn't anything. We'll give you a shout if anything happens up here" Jay replied, it w as clear from her tone that deep cleaning was not a pleasant job and she'd rather wait until they had aquired proper equipment before beginning it. "And I've claimed the freeze dried bacon" Chas added. "In other words don't touch it on pain of death, is that what you're saying mate?" John snarked back.

Jay turned to Chas "make sure they don't destroy my ship will you? The two of us can hold fort up here. The rest of you, vamoose!" it was clear she was trying to keep them away from Rinaa and vice-versa, something which John appreciated. The cabbie nodded a nd descended down after John.

Kay just nodded and did a flick of her hand off her forehead to signal she got Jay's reply just as she walked to the ladder to descend. She wasn't exactly expecting either of them to follow her down and was prepared to go alone, but clearly Jay had other ideas. Hearing them follow, she waited at the bottom of the ladder for them, unlike what they usually do for her.

"She really doesn't trust us down here alone does she?" She remarked, her tone giving nothing away, as she began walking to the kitchen once they caught up to her. Kay still after all this time, didn't fully understand Jay, she felt like one minute they'd be on good terms with each other then the next she was on Jay's wanted list.

"The truth is neither of them trust anybody. The let me fly the ship, but that's as far as they'll go. They just about trust each other, but that is probably because they were forced into an alliance in prison" Chas commented. He'd spent more time with Jay and Rinaa than Kay and John put together. He wouldn't claim to understand them, but he had picked up a few things in their presence. "I thought Jay was bad enough, then time travelling masked......whatever she is appears and is somehow even worse"

John leant against the counter and Chas took a place near him. "Never thought I'd say this, but I wish I was on Attil right now"

Kay thought Chas made a valid point. Then John spoke up and pretty much nailed her own thoughts along with his, something she was glad about. If they hadn't have had that private chat the night before, Kay wouldn't have started the whole conversation. Yet it was comforting to her to know that John felt the same way.

In the kitchen she rummaged around desperate to find something she could eat. She found the bacon Chas spoke of and left that well alone. Then she found a packet of cookies, "not exactly nutritional or a proper meal but it'll do until I can find something else" she thought to herself. Taking the packet out, she ripped it open carefully, taking a cookie and eating it before turning to face the two men and offering the cookies to them.

Chas accepted and then leant back against the counter top, letting out a long slow sigh "when this thing is over I'm going to need a proper holiday." "I second that, any chance I can come with mate?" John replied in a lighter tone, also taking a cookie. "absaloutly not!" Chas shot back, though his tome was light it was clear that he wouldn't be taking John along. "I'm going take the wife and Trish and head as far away from you as possible. To somewhere with no magical drama, high speed cab chases, rooftops exorcisms and definitely no exploding llama demons" He shot a pointed look at John who had the decency to laugh slightly sheepishly.

"That was one time! And a bloody good time too." "I smelt of llama guts for a week!" "So you wouldn't go back to Peru again?" John smirked, the mood considerably lightening. "I didn't say that...damn you John!"

Kay just laughed at their banter about taking a vacation when this is all done. She didn't blame Chas wanting to be as far away from this kind of life as possible for a short amount of time. "You're gonna tell me that story another time because I'm now utterly curious about this one" she chimed in with a chuckle.

When this whole thing is over she actually swore to herself a little while ago she was hoping to treat herself to a keyboard. The moment she played the old family piano she realised how much she missed playing. So that was her plan, she just wasn't going to opening day that to both of them, despite John knowing her ability to play. She wasn't entirely ready to have Chas know despite liking Chas alot.

"As nice as a vacation sounds and I definitely wouldn't say no to one, but I've got other plans for when this is all over" she replied, taking another cookie and jumping back up on the counter.

"I'll put you down for the team roster for the next time we go to Peru, it's bound to happen." Chas gave John a dig in the ribs "Don't you dare, unless of course you pay for all damages" "deal" John smirked, prompting a sigh from Chas "You're going to be one of the deaths of me, mate" The two raised eyebrows at Kay's last remark before starting to tell the story of Peru. "So Peru, where do I begin?"

"John decided that the best way to spend the holidays would be hiking around obscure parts of Peru. Obviously there were ulterior motives at play." "Yet you came anyway. So we flew out to Peru, a fabulous country, once you remove the language barrier. It's full of crooks, con artists and mystic ruins." "So naturally we ended up going tomb raiding....as you do" "Well obviously, there was some brilliant mystic Inca shit there. That civilisation had some insane magic ideas. Particularly the King Manco" "So naturally it was his tomb John roped me into raiding, and it just so happened to be guarded by demons. Who for some reason took the form of llamas. And they attacked, so John did the rational thing and started to fucking blow them up!" "It worked didn't it?" "So there we were raiding a tomb, surrounded by a exploding llamas and there were guts and blood raining all over us. Turns out it was the wrong tomb." "we ended up pissing off a minor Peruvian deity, but it worked out in the end, even ifI did spend a few days in Peruvian jail and Chas was in the morgue" Both related the tale with fondness and interruptions.

When Kay said about them telling her that story she wasn't expecting it so soon but seeing as they began to tell it, she listened. Various reaction facial expressions showing on her face, including a face palm at the bit where John thought blowing them up was the best idea to go with and him ending up in jail. "None of this weirdly surprises me... It sounds utterly typical of the both of you" she told them fondly.

"But if you EVER have an alterior motive to take me on vacation John, that takes me out of relaxation it won't be demon attacking you" she said with a smirk. She meant it totally lovingly but also seriously. "I mean... I can LITERALLY bring the old kids rhyme "liar liar pants on fire" to life.. just so you know" she said grinning.

Chas had to laugh at Kay's various reactions, despite everything he had fond memories of that trip. Even if he did spend far too much time getting acquainted with the inside of a body bag. And John was glad to see Kay in a better mood than yesterday. Of course her last comment instantly sent his dirty mind off on a tangent, he refrained from saying what he was thinking, because Chas would never let him hear the end of it.

"Don't worry, that's what I have Chas for, eh mate?" he smirked. "Indeed, I'll go on holidays with Kay, while you go into the depths of the Australian basin or Nepal or whatever crazy place you think would be a good place for a holiday" "I was thinking of Antarctica actually, exploding penguins sounds fun." At this point Chas put his head in his hands "I'm seriously regretting my life choices here John"

Kay raised an eyebrow at John when he said he'd just get Chas to take her on holiday. "Classy John! Get your best mate to take your bird on holiday" she smirked, nudging him in the arm before resting against him. She could tell he noticed her mood change and she had no other reason to give to it, apart from him and Chas. The story alone put her in a much better mood but there was no denying their make out session in bed also helped lift her spirits.

It was also the first time she had actually called herself his girl which she never noticed until after she said it. "Unless those penguins are possessed you are not exploding penguins!" She all but scolded John lovingly.

(Sorry it's taken me long to reply, been doubled over on the floor painting a skirt for tomorrow's job)

John rolled his eyes "can't promise that, it sounds like too much fun for me not to do" It was clear from his response that he was only joking, he then turned to Chas "Mate, you always question your life choices enough for both if us" Chas gave John the finger before responding to Kay "That's John for you, classy is his middle name, along with 'dangerous idiot' and 'broody arsehole'" John just snarked back "don't forget 'downright damn crazy'" Imitating Chas for the last part

In retaliation Chas started speaking exactly John, both being uncanny mimics of each other. It reduced them to fits of laughter.

(it's cool, I was out swimming anyway)

Kay knew he was only joking. Yes he was an asshole but she couldn't invision him exploding animals for the sake of it. She laughed at Chas giving him the finger for his little retort before turning to Chas. "True that! Good job I'm fond of this one aye?" She smirked before they decided to mimic each other to an impressive level.

It was then she rolled her eyes at them but smiling because she loved seeing them being able to laugh genuinely. Especially John, considering everything going on. "The idiots I surround myself with" she jokingly scoffed. In this time she had subconsciously eaten her way through over half the packet of cookies with no shame.

Chas gave John a look, there was a challenge and a joke written within the look, to do something better than simply his voice. John interpreted it perfectly. He then proceeded to do an imitation of Chas's wife "Francis that man is a dangerous idiot, with no fashion sense and the innate ability to piss of anybody within a fifty metre radius just be breathing" To which Chas responded in a female version of John's voice "Johnny, you are an absaloute fashion disaster! When was the last time you washed that coat? It looks like you've been shovelling shite in it! More so than usual...also, your eyeliner is crooked"

He finished with a jab at John's punk past, one which he had heard many times before. The two of them descended into laughter again at the impression of Sheryl.

Kay looked between the two of them. "Oh bloody hell..." She thought to herself, as she just knew they were up to something. The moment they started doing impressions of each others' family she face palmed. Though it was obvious she was laughing at the both of them. She was pretty sure anyone else would tell them grow up and walk out the room but not her. These were rare moments and she loved witnessing them. It showed a different side to John on a large scale, something she would never complain to see.

Lifting her head from her hand, she removed the cookies from her other hand, realising how many she ate by pushing them down the counter out of her reach. "You two are complete an utter dorks. Don't change okay?" She chuckled.

They both grinned broadly at her reaction. It was obvious that Kay wouldn't recognise the voices, but their remarks had enough context that she could figure it out. Both were glad that the mood had lifted, for different reasons. Chas was glad that John wasn't going dark, he knew that partially it was due to Kay, but John was his mate far longer that he had known Kay. John was happy that he was feeling better and that Kay wasn't being dragged down by the mood of general broodiness on the ship.

Chas smirked and mock saluted "message received and understood" He replied, in an imitation of Kay that was nearly spot on

Kay was honestly so glad they had their moods lifted. All of their moods to be exact, she hated seeing John in a dark mood and she hated having them deal with her own mood. She just hoped that Chas would know she would never take his place in John's life. She knew Chas was important to John and she would never get in the way of that. She wanted him to consider her as an addition, not a replacement.

When Chas did an almost perfect impression of her she was equally impressed and creeped out. "That is both impressive and creepy" she chuckled.

(FINALLY finished work XD! )

Chas smiled at that, before gesturing a thumb at John "thank you. But blame this one for my skills, he's the one who started it by mimicking me when we were kids. Obviously I couldn't let him get away with it, he was already cocky enough. So now we're pretty evenly matched" "Chas mate, your purpose in life isn't to try to out compete me"

"Sure, sure mate, keep telling yourself that" Chas smirked.

(Wahey!)

"seriously doesn't surprise me one bit." She smirked after Chas explained how it all began with the impressions. "I was never one for mimicking others myself...despite Sam trying to make me do impressions of certain cartoon characters." She said, fond of the memory even if at the time it drove her nuts. "Seriously put me off Beauty and the Beast for life" she added.

She leaned back on the counter just enough to stretch her back out after being slouched forward for a little while, then sitting upright again.

(Never been so glad to end a 12hour shift being Anna from frozen in my life haha)

"Ah those were the good times.... We did such stupid shit as kids and even worse stuff as teens" John smiled, fondly recalling the memories of the better parts of his youth. Chas smiled fondly at the memories too, before snorting loudly at the rest of John's statement "and you're saying we don't do stupid stuff now as adults and supposedly mature people?" He retorted with a grin, his remark blatantly stating that he thought John immature.

"Point taken" At that point Jay and Rinaa entered the kitchen, cutting straight through and heading in the direction of the hold. They re-emerged a few minutes later, carrying to giant gas cylinders between them. Balanced on top of the cylinders were powder paints and welding gear.
(sounds like fun....not)

She looked between the two of them still listening. She remembered John briefly telling her once before that they got up to all kinds of crap as kids and teenagers. She certainly remembered the photos he showed her.
"If either of you didn't do stupid shit and went mature I'd wondered who brain washed you both!" She chimed in. She may be still new to this dynamic but she was rapidly knowing them well.

she glanced over when Jay and Rinaa walked through, not even acknowledging them before returning with the cylinders and other equipment which got her instantly curious but she wasn't going to talk because no doubt they wouldn't tell her anyway. She was pretty sure they both still considered her as an utter outsider.

( Haha! It's fine until you get a group of obnoxious kids literally run at you at full pelt or parents hand you their crying babies lol! And i got the joy of doing it all over again on Sunday)

After depositing the cylinders near the airlock Jay returned to the kitchen. Rinaa meanwhile headed back to the store room and re-emerged with a crate marked Space pressure suit w/armour which she placed on the table "Chas, mind taking over flying for a bit? Kid's going out and I'm the rescue if things go wrong." "Out as in spacewalk out?" John asked, eyebrow raised. there really wasn't any other out she could be referring to, but any clarification and details John could glean about her were much desired.

"Yup, we're rigging up something on the outside to piss off some high authority prison people." There was a determined expression on her face. "I don't mind at all, count me in, but an explanation as to why would be nice." Chas replied. Jay leaned against the wall and opened her mouth to explain, but Rinaa got their first. "Our route takes us past DeltaMax, the prison facility/slave labour/torture camp Jamie and I called home for three or so years. The people in charge are absaloute arseholes, so we're sending them a message not to fuck with us, and sending the people on the inside a message that we have their backs."

(sounds like my idea of a nightmare)

Kay observed as Jay walked back into the kitchen asking Chas to take over the flying. She glanced at the wording on the crate just at that moment and John clarified the 'going out' part of Jay's question. She quietly listened to the rest of the conversation and explanation for the reason of going out. She simply made the facial expression of 'fair enough', by raising her eyebrows and lowering them straight away again.

She did think it was quite the reaction to do but she couldn't put herself in their shoes enough to fully understand it. She wasn't sure she'd do this kind of thing in retaliation, but then again, she was nothing like these two. She just hoped it wouldn't create more problems for them.

( Lol! It pays well and I enjoy the acting aspect)

"That's it in a nutshell. It's not quite the vengeance promised, but that will come in time" Jay added, her tone could only be described as dangerous. John could sense the hurt he himself felt from years of abuse mirrored in Rinaa and Jay's words. And Chas could see why Elliott had told him that Jay and John were more alike then they appeared.

Rinaa had started unpacking the suit by now, laying out on the table. It was significantly less clunky than those used by earth astronauts. As far as similarities went, the outer suit was broken into several pieces, while the inner suit was a single garment. The life support was contained in a backpack no bigger than a rucksack. It was metal grey in colour with a medical insignia on it, which Rinaa duct taped over. The main difference was that the under layer was actually a combination of a pressure suit and a suit of armour.

Rinaa carefully assembled the suit onto herself, her movements slow, but methodical. The assembly process took about ten minutes. "what we're doing isn't classified as legal or illegal, it's kind of a grey area." Jay added.
(fair enough)

It was in that moment that like Chas, she noticed why she too was told her and John are more alike than they initially seemed. Only difference was she could handle John's dangerous mood swings. With jay she was unsure still how to deal with her. So for now Kay remained silent as she had been.

Despite the dangerous tone Jay had, Kay couldn't help but watch with curiosity as Rinaa took the suit out and assembled it carefully bit by bit. When Jay said it was a bit of grey area, she just nodded, "of course they'd find a loop hole to do something" she thought to herself. She had to admit to herself, she was curious to what they were exactly planning, even if she didn't like being in the same room as Rinaa at this moment in time

With Rinaa suited up, the two could enact their plan. The masked girl headed to the airlock, helmet under one arm. Jay turned to Chas "the two of us'll be at the airlock, so when you take control, wire yourself into the spacewalk comms." She then turned to Kay and John "I'd recommend going up top with Chas, if you feel like getting involved feel free to patch yourself into the comms and keep an eye out for anything unusual. "

With that Chas nodded and headed upwards. In the airlock Rinaa had removed her face mask to be begin the nitrogen purge. Last thing she needed was to get the bends in space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back