• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Chas waited until she was finished her dramatic outburst before speaking. He watched with amusement. When Kay stopped he merely nodded in answer to her question. "How do you know this?" John asked the cabbie, one eyebrow raised. "I gave Toby a lift here. After an hour of tailing me, she got in the cab and declared that I was as sensible as Elliott said and she damn well wasn't going to traipse over rooftops after me, when there was a perfectly good, heated, cab available. She's total carnie, it's blindingly obvious. She and Trish would get on far too well"

"So who's assigned to me?" John asked, dying to know the answer. "It was supposed to be Jamie, but something came up, so you got Scott....Saito, whatever he calls himself instead. Kay, you got Kane watching your back. The twins are manning the restraunt with the older brother." Chas informed them, he'd learned a lot from Toby. Nothing top secret, just some general information on the group and their relationships with each other.

(last post)

Kay was curious to how Chas would know this too. So when he began explaining it she listened with great interest. His previous amusement to her earlier little moment did not go amiss.

She was baffled though how she didn't recognize any of them on the roof. "What I wanna know is how did I not recognise any of them up there?" She replied. She was also curious to how they decided who got tailed by who. Not that she complained about getting Kane. She just naturally got all these questions in her mind.

Chas shrugged at that. "That I don't know. All I know is Elliott told them to watch our backs today, but not to get involved in the demon killing." He continued speaking, unknowingly answering Kay's question. "And that it was whoever was free volunteered to be our tails" he pused "except for Jamie, Elliott assigned Jamie to you specifically John. But as I said, something serious came up."

John' face was neutral but his brain was whirring with thoughts, onoy one of spwhich he voiced aloud "Elliott's up to something."

"interesting" she said in response to Chas. She looked at John when he said about Elliott being up to something. "Well that's obvious. He was being ridiculously secretive this morning. Like, more so than normal" she said.

She remembered how he was when she was in the kitchen doing inventory and Elliott was at the table. "He thought I wasn't paying attention but I was" she added. She also thought about what Chas said about the team assigned to watch their backs.

"If it was just today, I wouldn't have mentioned it. The kid has good reason to be acting off today. But since he has been acting weird for the past while. Something is at him." Chas nodded in agreement "I agree, he's up to something or keeping something from us or maybe both."

"It's no doubt illegal, and files come into it somewhere. As does that Jay one."

Kay nodded, she may not know everything like the two of them do, but she got a small piece of it when she comforted Elliott during that nightmare. They were right, he did have good reason for being off today. That didn't mean she wasnt aware of the amount of times John and Chas said something is up with Elliott these last few weeks.

"He's obviously got good reasons for keeping it from you both." She told them. From the time she had known Elliott, she had learned that he never did something without a reason. "Look, I'm sure he's fine. So I suggest you go on your demon killing spree. I'll stay here." She told them. "I know I said I'll go with you but I'll try and drag Kane down from the roof so i got company and stream films or some shit. Just come back alive okay?" She told them both.

John and Chas both listened and nodded as Kay spoke, what she was saying made sense. To both of them. But it didn't stop John from worrying, Elliott was his kid, and he did care about him. A lot.

Chas raised an eyebrow when she said she'd changed her mind and would stay back. Then he shrugged. It was her choice after all. "Feel free to use the Netflix account, along with any of the dodgy sites we've signed up for." John added. "we'll come back alive alright. John's not immortal, but cheating death is John' hobby."

She noticed Chas' reaction to her change of mind. "Yeah yeah I know my decision has changed." She smirked. When John said she could use the Netflix account she smiled.

"Keep him alive Chas. I know he has a habit of cheating death but even so.. I'm gonna worry. If either of you so much as think you need my help in ANY way, drop call me and I'll come flying" she said, making a joke out of literally being able to fly, but she was serious.

"You don't have to tell me. I've been doing it since we were kids." He replied with a smile, while John just rolled his eyes. Chas put the last piece of his rifle back together and checked the feel of the mechanism. It was working properly.

Slinging the guns over his back Chas prepared to leave. John swung on his coat and lit cigarette number one million (or so). With a smirk he left the apartment to the cab below. Toby followed them down, and after a gesture form the dreadlocked gril, Scott arrived too, deciding that yes. He would avail of the presence of the cab.

Kay watched them leave and she couldn't help but get washed over with worry. She knew she said to herself she would squash those feelings for job away after her heart to heart with him at the training session last night but she couldn't.

She set up the Netflix account and used her phone to go through all the contacts before landing on Kane. "You can come down from the roof now. I've got Netflix set up, enough food here to feed a village coz I don't do small portions and I'm bloody lonely" she clicked send on the text and put her phone down.

She walked to the kitchen and made a load of popcorn and pulled out a few beers, setting them on the table in front of the TV. Now she just had to play the waiting game for Kane to show his face.

Kane laughed at the text when it came through. It didn't take him long to exit from the roof and make his way down to John's apartment, he knew the number. They all did. Elliott had made sure they did and they all knew to come there during serious emergencies if they couldn't reach Elliott himself.

He knocked on the door, before leaning against the wall and waiting for Kay to open it. Kane was twenty five(ish) with blond hair cut short. His eyes were green-grey and there was a smattering of freckles across his nose. Two slight dents either side of the bridge indicated that he wore glasses. He was average height, but it was clear by his build that like the others, he took training seriously. He was dressed in baggy cargo trousers and a black hoodie, with white detailing. He was wearing watches on both wrists

Kay jumped up and walked up the steps to the front door opening it to him. "Hey" she greeted. It was actually nice to meet Kane properly. Sure, she had seen him from a slight distance, but this was the first time she was remotely close to him.

She moved to one side to let him in before closing the door behind him. "I've made way too much popcorn, so I hope you like it" she said, gesturing at the two big bowls of the stuff. It was near enough spilling onto the table. She was glad John wasn't here to complain about it.

She jogged down the steps. "The massive pot on the kitchen table has my specialty rice one pot dish that could feed a village, do help yourself. There'll still be enough for tomorrow. Got beer on the living room table so yeah..." She rambled slightly before getting comfortable on the couch.

Kane smiled and entered. Food sounded excellent. He hadn't eaten since the morning, and he didn't really want to go home and eat there. He actively avoided being at home, hence why he joined A.J.'s gang and even worked free in the restraunt. He didn't need the money. "That sounds great, I could probably eat as much as a small village right now. Plus, I don't turn down free food."

He caught sight of Elliott's phone and the bag of chips on the table. Lifting it up he looked at the contents, mentally checking them off. "Dammit! He found them all." Kane sighed, before flopping down on the couch and helping himself to the food.

Kay smiled. It was nice to hear a friendly reply for once she thought. Not that she found John or Chas rude exactly, but she certainly noticed the difference in Kane's response.

She glanced over when he remarked about what Elliott had supposedly found. "Would ask but I'm too used to being left in the dark so not going to" she commented, flicking through Netflix to find some kind of film. She didn't know what Kane liked but she was in the mood for a horror, despite the fact she would always scare easily.

She would no doubt regret her choice but she wasn't going to turn back now. So she chose a standard ghost story and presses play. Leaning forward she grabbed some popcorn and one of the beers she opened ready. She pulled her feet up onto the couch.

"He found the trackers I put in his bike, phone and gear" Kane told her, not minding if she knew. "Most of them are just for general purposes, you know like if his phone or bike gets stolen. And so us tech people can monitor him from base." he added by means of explanation.

Kane started eating, his enjoyment of the food clearly visible on him. He sat cross-legged, his feet tucked fully under, the bowl balanced on one leg

She nodded, surprised she actually got something. "Ah right I see!" She replied. "It's nice getting answers for a change" she chuckled.

She noticed how much he was enjoying the food and she felt she accomplished something finally. She kept tucking into the popcorn as she watched the film. The one thing Kane would quickly notice is just as much she loved ghost movies, she quite frankly a wimp. She would intently watch behind the characters on the screen to see where the ghosts would appear.

She always expected a jump scare at any given moment but would still get caught out. What was comical was when she knocked her phone off the arm rest and the thud made her jump. "Fuck!" She cursed before laughing.

"well you did sign up with the broody secretive types who can twist a conversation so much that you forget what question you had actually asked." He replied with a slight smile, before turning back to eating. His hunger was evident.

Kane wasn't exactly the world's greatest horror lover either, but he'd long ago developed an excellent strategy to deal with it. He tried to figure out the filming techniques used to create the ghosts and build up suspense and atmosphere. He wasn't paying attention to the plot as such, that was of secondary importance.

He laughed at Kay's reaction, a genuine grin spreading over his face. The grin looked very familiar.

(last post)

She couldn't disagree with him on that point. "Touché" was all she said at the time. She honestly didn't mind how much he ate. She really did make enough for John and Elliott tomorrow so it wasn't an issue to her. She also had purposely saved Elliott a slice of the cake she baked.

Looking across at Kane laugh and from at her own made jump scare, she couldn't help but feel like his grin reminded her of something. She shook it off thinking she was just imagining things. She kept watching the film but by this point she was gripping the blanket tightly.

She refused to turn it off though. She was going to make herself sit through the whole thing and she didn't care how scared she got or if John and Chas came in and caught her being a wimp. Though she doubted the latter bit as they hadn't been gone long. Her mind did keep trying to figure out why Kane's grin was familiar to her amongst jumping at every jump scare and reacting with every ghost that was in the background by commenting with things like; "oh hell naw!!" "Oh crap there's something there!! Run you stupid bitch!!" At the characters.

When Kane realised it was okay to give a running commentary through out the movie, he started giving his own. He was the guy who would talk through the entire film in the cinema and piss everybody else off. Some of his comments were sarcastic and aimed at the characters "No! What don't of don't open the stupid door do you not understand!" "Yes, staying in the haunted house is a wonderful idea. You deserve a Nobel prize for astounding thinking."

He found himself very much enjoying the evening. One of his watches beeped with a message, which he briefly checked, before turning his attention back to the film.

Having someone else in the apartment who was similar to her when watching horror films was such a nice distraction for her. She was worried to death over John and Chas but being with Kane in a relaxed manner really helped.

As the film went on she became more gripped, but she'd deny it if anyone said it. Just like she'd deny how scared she was. She sighed with relief when the film eventually ended, taking a gulp of her beer that she barely touched due to fear of spilling it all over herself.

"I put you through that so you can pick the next film" she said to Kane, handing him the remote. "And if anyone asks, I wasn't scared shitless just now" she laughed.

"Gotcha" he smiled, before flicking through the films available, not quite sure what he wanted to watch. After flicking through the titles for a few minutes, he came up with three titles: Pirates of The Carribean, Huricane Heist, Green Hornet and mission Impossible.

"And if anybody asks I do not make decisions by rolling D&D dice" Kane added, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a set of D&D dice in black leather bag. They were made of metal with sci-fi style lettering on them. He took the d4 and rolled it, and got a 1. "Pirates it is then"

Kay remembered she had cake and got up whilst he decided what to watch. She cut two slices and brought them over, handing him one plate with a slice. "Here..I baked earlier" she said to him.

She chuckled when he said about not using D&D dice to make decisions. "Secret is safe with me", she replied. Of he could keep her secret, she'd keep his. He was good company after all. She sat back in her corner on the couch again and got comfy, draping the blanket over her legs as she then tucked into her cake. "Yup! Still got the gift girl!" She smugly thought to herself.

It had been years since she saw Pirates of Caribbean. She remembered how she always found it a good piece of light entertainment. Also it was pirates, so it was instantly cool to her. Not that she'd ever admit openly that she found pirates cool.

(That's so weird you picked that because I've had to "YoHo/I'm a pirate" songs from the original ride stuck in my head all day hahahaha)

(Maybe I'm psychic or something? They are really good films (with great soundtrack too))

Kane accepted the cake and tucked the dice bag away in his pocket again. "This is good!" He said after the first bite. "Really good." Cake finished he flopped back on the sofa and let himslef get immersed in the film. He loved pirates of the Carribean, the plot line, the soundtrack, the Captain Jack snarky bits.

He even owned a collection of Pirates of the Carribean t-shirts. One of which he was wearing right then. Not that Kay could see it under the hoodie of course. "We...as in the gang, have a running joke comparing Toby to Captain Jack" Kane told her, as they watching Jack flipping and fighting around the forge.

( lol maybe! And agreed!)

Kay felt proud he liked the cake. If he liked it then she had very high hopes Elliott would. Considering he was her main reason for even baking it in the first place.

Like Kane, she got into the film but listened to Kane when he told her a little inside thing about his group. She chuckled at the story. "You guys seem like a really tight group. It's cool" she replied to him. She partly wanted to say about how it seemed like there were alot of trust between them and such but she figured she'd keep it short and simple with her replies. They were after all, here to chill out and relax.

Except, she unknowingly did find herself every now and then throughout the film checking the time to see how long Chas and John had been gone for.

"Yeah we are." He smiled. "It certainly helps when it comes to having each others backs. It comes from either being related to each other, friends with each other for years or showing up and attempting to die before our eyes." He added, the last part was not just a reference to how A.J. met Scott.

He also checked his watches every so often, and noticed Kay doing the same, but didn't make any comments. This was going to be his onky time to relax for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back