• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

She nodded, "it's cool you all got that, it's must be nice knowing you can really trust each other like that." She commented, before realising she intended to keep that to herself.

Focusing on the TV again, she laughed at an amusing part of the film. As the night drew on, she was getting more anxious a out her boys were doing out there, and she could only imagine Kane felt the same about his team who were with them. To quench the anxiety, she grabbed another beer to drink and more popcorn.

One of Kane's watches vibrated twice in quick succession. He glanced at the first text, smiling slightly as he read it. Kane then turned to Kay, "Tab says they should be back in twentyish minutes" he told her, typping a quick reply.

He read the second text and his manner changed. A frown appeared and he sighed in a depressed manner and didn't respond.

Kay looked to Kane when he spoke up about John and Chas. She nodded with a look of relief on her face. "Thanks" she replied. She was thankful she wouldn't have to stay up all night in her room or on the couch worried out her mind.

When Kane's expression changed though, she paused the film and looked at him. "What is it?" She asked. "Are they alright?" She asked again, shifting her weight to face Kane properly on the couch.

He sighed. "Just more Kane family drama." He wasn't going to go further into his life drama, but there was something about Kay that mde him more willing to talk.

"My father is trying to force me back into the family company once again. It still hasn't sunk into his thick skull that I have no interest in going into the company. Or getting in any way involved with his business. Or him for that matter. After what he did, I'm even less enthusiastic to be near him"

Kay was glad that they were okay but she was saddened to hear Kane was having family drama. She sat and listened to him, letting him talk. He obviously wanted to get it off his chest and she was always a good listener. Just like she told John that night.

"Family or not, you gotta do what you want. Doing something that doesn't feel right for your own life will only drag you down." She began replying. "Seems to me you got your true family in this group of friends of yours. Family don't end in blood Kane. I learned that when I was young. My dad walked out on me because I reminded him too much of mom. Not that I knew that at the time. So my best mate's parents adopted me. People say you can't pick your family and your destinies and I say that utter bollocks" she told him from the heart.

She gave him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder to solidify her advice to him. "It's gonna be hard. No one can say otherwise, but just keep your head above water as much as possible and he'll see you won't budge. You're an incredibly smart guy. You gotta use those smarts for what you want to use them for. Not anyone else" she ended her advice finally.

He nodded at her words. They did make him feel better, and he did feel relieved getting some of the troubles off his chest. Of course his troubles were far more complex than the snippets he had told Kay, there were many other factors at play. But her words did help.

"Thanks, I really needed somebody to pull me out of my pity party. My family is quite......" he wasn't sure how to phrase it. "Intense. And not in a good way either." There was genuine thankfulness in his tone.

Kay smiled. Knowing someone actually accepted what she had to say made her feel good, like people could accept she did have a heart despite the snark and sass she would put on.

"Hey, any time Kane. Look, if you EVER need someone to listen to you or give advice I will gladly be there. Whether it's on the phone or in person. You lot saved my life, the least I can do is be there as a open ear for you. Even if I may not understand everything I'll still try to" she told him.

She wondered when she got so older sibling-esque on people or started acting her age, but she actually didn't mind it. She had to embrace her thirties at some point!

He laughed "I appreciate the offer. But word of warning, you really don't want to be doing therapy for our gang. We all got a looooot of issues. I'm not exaggereating, you could probabaly write a book or six based off the problems in our lives. Plus we'd all start trying to find out what the others were telling you."

He flopped backwards onto the sofa, smiling slightly at the thought.

Kay couldn't help but chuckle. Something told her he was telling her truth but she still stood by her word. "Noted but my offer still stands for you. I do t mean to boast, but I'm a good secret keeper!" she replied to him with a smirk.

"And hey! If people drill me too much I'll combust, come back and play amnesia!" She joked. She knew under any other circumstances she wouldn't joke about that but it was fitting considering what she was. She unpaused the film as it was nearing the end anyway, as she figured if the gang walked in on them watching a film, then they wouldn't think Kane opened up to her about anything. She knew they'd be getting back any moment now so the less they looked like they were having a heart to heart the better she thought.

"Good luck with trying to get that to work, Jamie's kind of like a lie detector at times and that talent isn't just exclusive to humans either." He replied with a smile, that indicated the truth in his words.

It was a few minutes later that the door opened and John and Chras walked in. The latter had his rifle slung over his shoulder and a few blood splatters here and there. John on the other hand had a lot more blood on him. There was even some demon's blood running in a line down his face in a similar path to that of Elliott's scar. There was something about John's demeanour that evoked a sense of predatory danger.

Scott didn't enter, he didn't want to risk the wards frying him to pieces. Toby flashed a grin exactly like Kane's when she caught sight of the cake on the counter top.

"o..Kay! Good to know!" She said before chuckling.

The end credits were just about to come up when John, Chas and Toby all walked in. She actually felt sorry for Scott not bring able to walk in. In all honesty, it still amazed her that even she could go in and out. "Welcome back" she said, leaning her head back over the back of the couch.

She saw the state of both of them and knew instantly it'd be best not to try talking to John tonight. Not unless he spoke to her first anyway. When Toby grinned at the cake she sniggered. "Help yourself Toby to a bit, baked it this morning so it's still super fresh" she told her.

She then cranes her neck back to its normal position as the end credits came up and she grabbed the remote.

Toby eyed the cake, as if considering how to slice it in such a way that she ended up with all of it. "Tobe stop staring at that cake as if it is your one true love. Just take half of what's there and put me out of my misery already" Kane groaned from the couch, employing one of his many nicknames for the deadlocked girl. He was well used to her antics by now. Scott snorted from the doorway, amused by their antics.

Toby took Kane's advice and the three left shortly afterwards, turning down the offer of a lift from Chas, as they all had bikes parked outside. John slung his coat on the wall hook and sat himself down on the couch. Chás started to remove the blood from his clothes and shoes. "So you succeeded in getting him down off the roof then?"

(Last post)

Kay laughed at Toby. She made a mental note to bake another one one day just for her if she ended up liking it. Which if Kane's reaction was anything to go by, she would.

She glanced up at Chas when he spoke getting Kane down from the roof and she couldn't help but grin in a smug manner. "Yup! Just text him saying there's no point in hiding up there and I had food and films that needed to be eaten and watched. So he came down instantly." She laughed.

"My cake seems to be a winner with people today haha!" She added. "Everything go alright with you two? No missing limbs I see" she remarked.

Chas laughed "that's exactly what Toby said he'd do." He thought for a moment before adding "I'm almost certain they're half siblings or something" in a more contemplative tone of voice. Once again, Chas had been doing a lot of thinking on the matter.

"Besides from there being loada bloody pissed off demons sent back to hell, everythin' was grand 'n' dandy." John told her, reaching for a beer. "and a whole load of them were legless, armless or headless"

Smiling, Kay did a single nod. "Well he certainly did. If they are I wouldn't be surprised." She replied to Chas before John spoke up about the night in relation to her other question.

She took a swig of her own beer that she still had in her hand from earlier. "Well, as long as it's them missing limbs and not either of you" she told them both. Part of her wishes she could have seen the whole thing but she knew she did the right thing staying behind. She still harboured resentment and hate towards demon kind for the two years of hunting her down and the other night, she just didn't show it.

John ran a hand through his hair, dislodging flakes of dried demons blood from the blod locks. There was demon blood encrusted under his nails too, and he noticed it. A dagger seemed to just appear in his hand and he used the tip to carefully scrape out the blood fragments.

"I'm actually surprised that John hasn't lost any limbs so far." Chas commented "you really have that little faith in me?" John retorted, sounding much more like his old, cocky self as he kicked his feet up onto the table.

Kay would have been lying if she said she didn't begin to feel like the two of them plus Elliott were family. Of course, she knew they didn't feel the same way about her. It was all one sided and she was learning to accept that, even if it did hurt just a little bit.

She couldn't help but laugh at Chas' remark and John's response. Hearing John sound more like himself made her smile. "Ah there he is! There's the Johnny boy we all know and love!" She said in a jokey teasing manner, before drinking more of her beer. She was so glad she wasn't a light weight otherwise her words and actions could go south real quick.

Something dark flashed over John's face for a brief moment, and his shoulders tensed at the nickname. It vanished just as quickly as it had appeared, replaced by the usual cocky smirk that John wore like a second skin. He flicked a piece of dirt or blood from under his nails in a particularly agressive way.

"If by know and love, you mean "have tolerated for most of my life", then yes" Chas shot back making and airquotes gesture and grinning slightly. "Touché" John smirked. "You're only around for the free lifts and limited immortality, y'know" "And the moral suppost, my shotgun, parkour and planning skills, ability to aquire a cab in any country we go to and not questioning your life choices....too much!"

She was actually glad John didn't have a go at her or the like. She actually got away with being her normal sassy self around him, and that did surprise her a bit. His particular aggressive flicking of dried demon blood didn't go amiss to her however.

She laughed at Chas adding to her teasing. "Chas has got you there John!" She sniggered. That's when a little yawn left her lips but she ignored it. "Chas is too valuable to you and you know it!" She added. Even she could see how screwed John would probably be if Chas wasn't around.

Chas smiled at that. "Well this valuable person is going to head home now. John, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." He stood up, remembering to taking the cake and food Kay had set aside earlier. "I wouldn't dream of it mate, sensible is my midddle name." John retorted, in a dedapan serioues tone.

"No it isn't, you don't even have a middle name" Chas retorted, knowing full that his mate was just John Constantine, no other names needed. "Night Francis" John smirked as Chas headed to the door. Chas merely gave him the finger before walking out.

Kay laughed, seeing the two of them banter the way they do never got stale to her. "night Chas!" She called out before he left, knowing that she'd definitely remember his middle name now John mentioned it.

It also made her glad she didn't have a middle name that could be used against her like that. Hell, she always thought for years Kay was short for something but it wasn't. "I am so glad I don't have a middle name for you to throw at me like that" she remarked to John.

John grinned at Chas's response, giving him the finger in return. But it was what Kay said next that made him genuinely laugh. He wasn't laughing purely because he found it funny.

He did find it funny, there was no doubt about that. And had she had a middle name he definitly would use it against her. But he was mainly laughing at the fact that she thought Francis was his middle name. He turned to her "You do know that Francis isn't actually his middle name, right? His middle name is William"

Last edited:
When John burst into genuine laughter she thought someone had replaced him with someone else. It was rare for her to see him laugh in quite that way.

She did however feel slightly embarrassed when he told her Chas' middle name wasn't Francis. "Well no I didn't because it's not exactly something that's cropped up before" she chuckled trying to get herself out of the embarrassment. She only guessed it was because they were talking middle names and she'd stick by that excuse until the end of time.

She fidgeted on the couch under the blanket, finding her feet had gotten completely tied up in the blanket. This was not going to go well if she couldn't unwrap herself. Low and behold it didn't go well, she lost her balance "no no no no!" She exclaimed knowing there was only one direction she was going as she flailed and 'THUD' she fell on the floor.

"Son of a bitch!"

John was about to explain the relation of the name Francis to Chas, but it seemed that Kay had other ideas. Namely falling off the couch in a dramatic flailing ball of arms, legs and blanket and landing on the ground with a fairly spectacular thudding noise.

John couldn't help but burst into fresh laughter at that. He did possess the ability to fing things funny. His laughter was genuine, and when he laughed, he seemed to change from the broody anti-hero mage to just a regular thirty something year old guy. When he eventually stopped laughing he asked "do you want a hand back up, or are you going to stay sprawled on the carpet?"

As embarrassed as she was, she did enjoy seeing John be so casual and normal. "At least you're good for comedic relief Kay!" She thought to herself. It also didn't help her in trying to not continue finding him utterly attractive.

"Please!" She replied when he could finally stop laughing at her and offer to help her up. "I don't think your blanket likes me anymore" she joked, holding out her hand. It was now getting obvious she was trying to come off as not embarrassed. "We do not speak of this infront of anyone capiche?" She added to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back