• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay just nodded. His trust issues were made bluntly clear to her when they had lunch together that one day. She still was working on getting him to fully trust her herself, or so she thought. She was none the wiser if Elliott was trusting her more or not.

When she realised he wasn't going to shove her off of him she felt stupid for moving away so quickly. "Urgh Kay...grow a fucking pair will you?" she thought to herself. She really needed to get her head out of the clouds. It was then she remembered she needed to eat to get her strength back a bit, so she got up in a light motion and walked to her room where she kept a stash of chocolate for herself. Grabbing a bar, she walked back and sat on the sofa, this time purposely leaning back on John and opening the bar.

Chas looked at his watch, noting the time. "I should probabaly be off. Since I'm up and very much awake I might as well do some airport runs. There is no way I'm going back to sleep tonight" "Ah yes" John nodded "the airport run, the biggest cabbie moneymaker." "we can't all get by smiting demons John. Some of us have to actually work for a living" This was one of their age old banter routines.

Chas stood up and grabbed his jacket from the hook. "Try not to need me again tonight...today...whatever time frame we are currently in" "Gotcha mate." John smirked.

Kay looked up when Chas said he was going. She admired him by how much he deals with in his life and how he somehow balances normal life with the magical life. "Bye Chas" she spoke, saying her farewells to him.

She then looked down to her chocolate again and broke off a square to eat before lifting the bar up to offer to John just to be polite. "Want any?" She offered, glancing up at him. He was surprisingly comfortable to lean on.

"See ya, don't do anything stupid without me" it was unclear who the remark was aimed at.

"Sure" John like almsot every human ever, was a chocolate lover. And seeing Kay eat had reminded him of just how starving he was. He reached out to take a piece before stopping. "Waits what is in it?" He asked, eyeing the bar.

Kay smirked at Chas' remark. Even she could tell he could have meant that to either her or John.

She laughed when he got suspicious of what was in the chocolate. "Wow...you think I'm gonna drug you or something?" She joked. "It's just normal milk chocolate. Nothing in it, not in this bar anyway." She told him, and it wasn't a lie. She had a stash in her room of various types. Plain, milk, white, diam, Oreo dairy milk, and even had chili chocolate. She only saved the last one for emergencies though.

Considering how hungry they both no doubt were she decided she'd share the whole bar with him. If she could have been bothered she'd have offered to cook.

"Old habits die hard" he shrugged, breaking a bit off. Like most things he said, he didn't elaborate. Also like everything he said there was a reason behind it. And unlike Kay speculated it wasn't anything to do with being drugged. When it came to drugging John the prefered method was a spiked drink or simply grabbing him in a dark alley and attempting to stick a syringe in his arm. There had been one notable occasion involving a drugged cigarette.

He broke a square off, placing it in his mouth and letting it melt. His shoulders slumped as he relaxed into the couch.

Last edited:
"it's fine...but you need to learn to trust me" she told him, giving him a poke. She meant it too. She did want him to trust her, after all she trusted him. If she had any doubt in trusting him, that was vanquished tonight. He could have just ignored that she was kidnapped, but he didn't and she still appreciated that greatly.

As he slumped and relaxed in the sofa, she shuffled ever so slightly but stayed leaning against him. It actually strangely helped her aches being slightly stretched out. She would have gone to bed but she didn't want to face the mess just yet.

"Don't take it personally, but I don't really trust anybody at all." He replied. There was truth in his words, and a tinge of sadness. He really didn't trust anybody with the only exceptions being Chas and Elliott. But Chas had been his best mate since they were kids growing up in the poor areas of London. They had grown up together, and shared so much- happiness, sadness, loss, danger, good times, bad times and the downright ugly ones.

And then there was Elliott. The strange kid that had quite literally fallen out of the sky and dropped into his life. A screwed up form of second chance for him. After Newcastle he needed it. But was also a second chance for Elliott. John knew that if it came down to it, he would die for the kid. He was so tempted to voice his insecurities, for somebody to understand why he was the way he was for once in his life. But he fought the urge. It would only end badly.

"I see where Elliott gets it from. And that's okay, but I want you to know you CAN trust me John." Kay began telling him. Warmth and reassurance in her voice.

"If you EVER need to rant at anyone and not have them be judgemental? I'm a good listener. I don't judge or spout out cliche remarks as replies." She continued. It really was clear by her tone she meant every word and there wasn't an ounce of lies in there. She had always been the same. She took on everyone's rants or worries but never shared her own, unless someone like her best friend Sam forced her to spill.

"Doesn't have to be tonight, can be any time. Hell, you can rant at me when I'm asleep if it gets shit off your mind" she said one last time. It was that last comment that showed what a unique and special woman Kay was.

Of course Kay was a good listener, and of course she was willing to listen to him rant. And of course she would promise not to judge him. He seriously considered the offer, he really did. Maybe if he was a diferent person, he would have spilled out his guts there and then. But John knew that if he let out one bit, the rest of his miserable life stroy would come flooding out and he wouldn't be able to stop it.

He couldn't look at her as he spoke, for fear that everything would just come out. Instead he stared into the distance and ran one hand through his hair. Very quietly unddr his breath he muttered the words "well maybe you shouldn't, everyone who puts their trust in me dies.

It was at this point when Kay sat up, turned around and made John look at her. "John...too late. I've died already. Dude! I'm a bloody phoenix! I can't die. Not permanently anyway." She told him, with a soft smile but there was the tone in her voice that showed she was serious.

Kay sighed, "look. My life has been in danger for waaaay before I met you. So IF I die? Again? That'll be on me.. not you." She said earnestly. "You've done so much for me John. I want to do the same for you." She continued. It was at that point she had to stop herself from talking anymore. She was sure she'd say something she'd regret.

He listened to her words, his icy blue eyes staring right back. But it was the last thing she said that was the last straw. Something snapped inside him. It was visible in his posture, but most of all in his eyes, which seemed to darken dramatically in colour. One of the carefully constructed walls that kept John's inner demons had crumbled clean away and the flood was released. With the flood came the anger.

"You really don't get it do you? It's always my fault. Whether through my action, my inaction or my mere existance, it is always my bloody fault. You have no idea the amount of friends, family and even strangers that have died because of me. I'm fucking cursed! Cursed since before my birth!"he spat out the word 'cursed' like it was acid "And it cannot be broken. So don't bother with me, I am not at worth it. It'll end only badly."

Kay just listened to him. She let him scream his anger towards her. His words hurt but not in the way she thought they might. They hurt because she was seeing a little bit of the tortured real John. She didn't even think to contradict him on the cursed comment because she knew it most probably would be a literal thing in his life.

She didn't break his gaze the whole time. She wanted him to see that she wasn't going anywhere. Most women would run a mile but not her. She was too damn stubborn to for one. She didn't need to say 'you are worth it', her placing her hand on his face told him that.

"I'm not going anywhere John. Ever." She told him firmly but reassuringly and lovingly.

He jerked away from her touch as if it burned (which of course it didn't). "Bloody wonderful" he scowled. The fury was practically radiating off him. But it wasn't Kay's touch he was angry at. John was angry at himself, for loosing control on his memories and for spewing his thoughts out so violently. She had seen just a taset of how broken he was.

He stalked away to his room, slamming the door violently shut behind him. He locked the bolt just in case, last thing he needed was for her. John needed to vent his anger on something. And the punching bag strung from the rafters had been put there for such purposes. He stripped off his shirt and let the bag have it, putting all of his pent up emotions into the bombardment of the bag. Eventually he would collapse onto the bed, completly spent and fell asleep within seconds

(Last post)

She looked on sad as he jerked away from her touch. She saw how angry he was at himself. She felt a tad guilty for opening up the can of worms but she was glad in a way also, that he did look at her and dropped a wall.

She watched as he stalked away to his room and she sighed. Hearing him bolt the door made her just as sad. She leaned back on the sofa and without intending to, she had dragged the blanket on the back over her and she fell asleep on the sofa, swearing to herself that she would get up early and cook breakfast to make up for upsetting him.

---***---

The next morning she did exactly that. She woke up finding herself still on the sofa, remembering the events of the night before. She got up and quietly walked to the kitchen where she began cooking him an apology full English breakfast.

John woke up with a headache, severly skinned knuckles and graoned loudly. He wanted nothing more than to turn back to oblivion for a few more minutes, but he couldn't. It was that time of year again, the time where he couldn't sleep proeprly and was more irritable. God Kay.... he hadn't meant to take it out on her, he really hadn't. But there was something about seeing her so willing to put her trust that made him snap. He didn't want to get close to anybody only to loose them again.

He ran a hand through his hair and flopped sideways onto the bed. Only he didn't fall entirly back on the bed. "Ow, fucking hell!" The side of his head hit the bedside table, a gash opening just above his left eyebrow. He fdlt the wound gingrrly, it was already oozing and would need stitches. Typical!

Not borthering with a shirt he just walzted out of the room and in the direction of the bathroom, one hand prseed against the wound, blood seeping thrpugh his fingers. His back was covered almost entirely in tattoos. Across her ribcage were scras possibly from some kind of bladed weapon. They ran horizontal, somebody had clearly cut him open for the hell of it.
20191012_083741.jpg

He took out the needle and threaded it. This was obviously not his first time he had stitched himself up. Looking carefully in the mirror he began to stitch the wound, hissing in pain as the needle entered his skin.

Kay heard his bedroom door open from the kitchen. She continued cooking, a secret past time she enjoyed doing. Very few people got to know this part of her. Only Sam and at the time the good Ethan knew as Kay would be designated cook when they were living together.

She had nailed the art of keeping an eye on a couple of frying pans and what's in the oven all at the same time. As things were moving along nicely, she sought to the coffee and put out plates ready. It wasn't long before she was serving up. It had everything a full English required on John's plate- bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, toast and beans.
Kay was slightly different though, she just made herself a plate of scrambled egg and hash browns. She put it all on the table then leaned forward on the wall to call through the house. "John! I made you breakfast!"

She hoped he'd appreciate her attempt at making herself useful round here.

John wasn't expecting her to shout out at him. It shocked him slightly, causing him to loose focus. He drove the needle into the palm of his hand, instead of the skin of his forehead. The needle passed almost fully through his palm. It wasn't made of regular medal, it was made of alloy strong enough to pierce emon hide. "Ow! SHIT!" he yelled, far louder than was necessary and definetly loud enough for Kay to hear from her spot in the kitchen.

Glancing down at his palm he saw saw that blood had already begun to well up from the wound. There was only thing one thing for it. He pulled the needle out and tucked it behind his ear so that it wouldn't be dangling in the way of his eyes. "I'm fine, just give me five minutes to sort something out" he yelled back at Kay. He suspected that she would probabaly come and check on him regardless, but it was worth a shot.

Kay heard him shout out in obvious pain and she wondered what he was doing that her call out caused him to do something painful.

She started walking through the apartment when he told her he was fine. "Yeah right(!)" She muttered to herself. She noticed he wasn't in his room but found him in the bathroom and the state he was on. "What the hell?! You are NOT fine!" She scolded him, walking up to him and checking over his wounds.

She instantly remembered something she had read in the phoenix lore book. It's not just her she could heal. Of course, she never tried it before but now was as good a time as any. "Here.. let me help, I got an idea" she told him. She grabbed ahold of his hand that was wounded from the needle and put her other hand on his head gash.

"Stay still" she warned him before closing her eyes then reopening them, her ember eyes appearing and a glow came from her hands. She focused on sharing her phoenix essence with him, and his wounds started closing up and healing as if he never acquired then. With a blink, her eyes went back to her grey blue hue and she smiled. Pride was evident on her face from managing it.

Of course she didn't listen to him. He would have come back with some kind of sarcatic quip or another, but before he could open his mouth she was grabbing his hand and putting her hand over his head wound. He was actually quite impressed that she had managed to learn to use her powers for healing. And just like Elliott, her eyes changed. Of course he wasn't going to mention that he was impressed.

"As lovely as that was, you do realise you've just fused new flesh to the thread already in my forehead?" He gestured at the area of his forehead where the cut used to be. The needle was still dangling from his head too. He pulled it off the thread and yanked the thread out of his forehead in one swift motion "that's better"

"whoops! Sorry, still learning" she said, giving him that sheepish smile that would usually be infectious to people. She watched him fix that little bit, nodding when he said about it being better. She was glad that she helped either way though.

"Right, I cooked breakfast" she said to him, realising that she still had ahold of his other hand, she quickly let go. "So...let's go eat" she added, giving that awkward solo nod before turning on her heels and walking out the bathroom.

She walked light footed to the kitchen table as she was still in last night's mini shorts and vest and barefooted. Her fire ombre hair cascading down her back.

It was then that John realised he was shirtless. Kay hadn't commented on it, but it was probably a good idea for him to put on a shirt. Rubbing his forehead slightly, he walked out of the bathroom. Yanking the thread definitely wasn't high on his list of good ideas. But then again, when did he ever do something that was a good idea?

As he walked into his room, Kay would be able to see the full extent of his back tattoos. John wasn't bothered to put on a proper shirt, so he pulled out the first t-shirt which came to hand. That just so happened to be a white shirt with the words "Mucous Membrane" writen on it in font that could be mistaken for marker. On the shoulders were four signatures, these ones actually done in marker. Without the collar of his shirt and the length of his sleeves to cover them the very tip of the tattoo writings could be seen on his neck, along with the parts on his upper arms

Kay looked back just as John turned into his room and she saw the extent of his tattoos. They were fascinating to her and she felt the need to know about them.

She looked down and started to eat before he came back out which would make her look up at him. She read his shirt and wondered who the obvious band was. Obviously she wouldn't have heard of them. "Whose the band?" She asked, pointing to his t-shirt.

He never failed to make her want to know him and she knew if she delved too much, she'd make him react the way he did last night. She didn't want to upset him but Kay was just too fascinated by John.

John sat down and started to eat. The breakfast was good, very good, it rivalled Elliott's cooking. He was quite the chef, despite having no formal training. But having met the team at Macs the other day, John was now thought that he had been taught to cook, more than likely one of the twins.

When Kay enquired about the t-shirt he smirked. "It's mine actually." He paused then corrected himself. "Well, it was, we aren't really a thing anymore. But we were pretty damn awesome, I probably have some old recordings in one of the boxes somewhere" he was smiling at the memories.

Kay saw from the way that John was eating that her food must have been okay. That relieved her as she was worried he wouldn't like it.

Seeing him smirk at her enquiry she figured she asked a good question for once in her life. She wasn't expecting his answer though. It surprised her in a pleasant way. It figured he would have been in a band.

"You'll have to find them and let me listen to your stuff. I love my music so I'd love to hear" she told him. She could tell how proud he was of his old band times. It made her smile seeing him happy about something. "What part in the band were you?" She asked more. He struck her a vocalist or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back