• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"Give me four minutes and I can find them, if you are really that interested." He wasn't shy about showing that particular part of his past to people. Now that she'd brough back the memories he felt like lisetning to his old stuff, maybe even dragging the guitar out of Elliott's room and having a go at it. He'd given his old guitar to Elliott, who he discovered possesed one hell of a singing voice, but he was shy about it as a young kid, so John didn't push him.

"I was the lead vocalist and guitarist" he turned around and gestured at the signature "J Constantine" on the left shoulder blade of his shirt. "That's my scrawl there" the other signatures belonged to C Chandler, J Lockson and D Martiz

Kay smiled, "hell yes I'm interested. You can't drop something like 'i was in a band' and not let me hear your stuff." She told him smirking. Then he said about being the lead vocalist and guitarist.

"You strike me as a singer to be honest. You got the singer vibe" she responded to him. "I enjoy singing myself but only for fun. Not that I have for a while.. think the shower was the last thing that heard me haha!" She chuckled.

She looked at all the signatures and not surprised Chas was part of the band. She honestly found this part of John really cool. Despite having a love for music, she never followed the avenue down other than listening to it or seeing it played live.

"I suppose I do" he contemplated in response. He'd never considered that he gave off singer vibes. He finished off the breakfast, listening to her as she spoke. He laughed at her shower response. He then stood up "four minutes, max" and walked into Elliott's room.

He emerged three minutes later with a cardboard box in his arms. "this is the one, I'm sure of it" The top had been sealed, unsealed and resealed again with duct tape many times. He took the knife from the table and slit the tape with it. He opened the two flaps of the box, and reached inside. He pulled out a stack of CDs labelled with faded ink.

The cover showed the same line up of four punks, including an instantly recognisable young John (it was something about his posture and his eyes that agve it away) and a slightly less recognisable Chas. John's hair was in spikes, just like it had been in Elliott' mind and he was wearing battered leather jacket, ripped jeans, thick combat boots and what may even have been eyeliner. His ears were pierced with multiple studs

Kay smiled when he got up to find the box. She loved how passionate he clearly was over his band. There was just something about the aura he gave off being like this that made Kay happy. She was also glad she made him laugh.

When he came back she was sipping her coffee, making room for the box he brought over. She took a couple of the CDs and looked at them, it really showed in her face that she was genuinely interested. Looking at the covers she recognised John from that get up in the mindwalk and she smirked. Her things for punks and well, rock guys in general was still there.

She managed to pinpoint which one was Chas too. "Well, the mindwalk you makes sense now. You rock the style" she chimed, with a cheeky smirk that showed in her eyes aswell.

"Thanks. My default self in Elliott's mind is a weird mash up of my old punk self amd my regular self. I could probabaly still pull off the whole punk thing if I wanted to." He gestured at his old hair and eyeliner. "though getting my hair like that again would probabaly take a good while. Though the eyeliner is easy to get back."

He reached into the box and rifled through the layers of CDs. When he reached the bottom, his expression changed to one of curiosity and confusion. He pulled out a series of CDs, marked only with numbers. "hmmmm....these aren't mine"

She listened to him and the smirk never left. "You shouldn't tell a girl that, just sayin' you'll give a girl ideas and she'll start thinking..." she said, her tone trailing off, her facial expression mimicking her tone before chuckling.

She wasn't lying though. He really could put thoughts in her head, and that'd make her trying to stop her crush on John from overtaking her super difficult.

She then looked over at the CDs he was currently looking at with confusion. "Elliott's maybe? I mean, you got the box from his room right?" She suggested, thinking that could be the only plausible explanation.

"All I have to do is walk into a room for people to get bad ideas." With a smile" "Well if you ever need eyeliner advice, just ask me or Elliott" John smirked. He looked at the CDs again, "you could be right about that, but I'm going to check anyway."

John pulled a laptop and bulky headphones out of a drawer. It was an older model of laptop, old enough to have a DVD/CD slot. The headphones were miked completly noise cancelling. He put in the first CD, put on the laptop and closed his eyes to listen. His expressions changed from surprise to shock to awe to amazement. He pulled off the headphones. "definetly Elliott.....wowwww.......you've got to hear this" he held out the headphones

best listend to at slightly louder than normal volume

Elliott's voice was incredible, there was no other way to describe it. The fire and the passion could be plainly heard. The song was accompanied, bit it was evidently a backing track.

Kay looked at him raising an eyebrow. "If there's one thing I don't need advice on its makeup and eyeliner. I'm a boss at the winged liner thank you!" She quipped. She was just having fun with him but she weren't lying about that. She had perfected eyeliner and makeup in general. It just so happened John hadn't seen her completely made up properly yet.

She let him investigate the mysterious CDs and she got instantly intrigued by the way his expressions were changing so quickly. She didn't hesitate in taking a listen when he told her to. Taking the headphones she put them on, and gave him a nod to let him press play.
She too was amazed at what she heard. Elliott truly had talent. There was no denying that. She closed her eyes as she really took in the song. This was the prime giveaway that music really was a love of hers.

When the song finished she took the headphones off, "it's a shame he hides this. It's incredible" she said genuinely.

John watched as Kay listened, observing her expressions with his icy blue eyes. He was relieved to hear the sincerity in her voice when she proclaimed it was incredible. He hated it when people pretended to like things just because he liked them. That just irked and angered him. But John found that he was truly delighted that it wasn't just him who thought that Elliott had serious talent.

"I knew he could sing.......but damn! I was not at all expecting this at all. His talent is something else entirely." John had a feeling he knew exactly why Elliott kept it a secret, but it wasn't his story to tell. So he didn't mention his thoughts on the matter to Kay. "I wonder if anybody else knows about it, or if it is a complete and utter secret?" he mused partially to himself, partially to Kay.

It was just as the last sentence left his mouth that the apartment door opened and Elliott walked in. There was a black box and an envelope in one hand, but apart from that he had no noticeable baggage. Which would make sense considering he had most likely come straight from the base. "what's a complete and utter secret?" he asked as he dumped his keys on the hook and shut the door behind him.

(last post)

Kay looked to him when John enthused about Elliott's talent. She saw how proud he was of Elliott and it honestly really warmed her heart. She wondered the same thing as John and was ready to share her thought when Elliott's voice broke her out of her thoughts.

She looked behind her to see him walking in holding a black box. "Morning" she just greeted, deciding to let John answer the question that showed he heard that last bit. She took hers and John's empty plates and out of courtesy and habit, did the washing up before drying everything and putting the stuff away.

She walked back and poured herself another coffee and sat down, lifting one foot to balance on the edge of her seat that she was sitting on. It must have been clear by now she always found unusual ways of sitting on surfaces when she comfortable with people.

"Morning kiddo" John added. "So what's a.......?" Elliott went to ask again, his voice trailing off as he saw the opened box on the table. His eyes widened at the sight of it, and the collection of CDs on the table. "Oh" he said his tone suddenly flat. Elliott started to pull at the lose skin on his thumb with his teeth, an evident nervous tick. "about that.." He put a slight stress on the word 'about' elongating it slightly. "you don't have to explain, I can just box it up again, and act like I never saw it."

Elliott knew that John would do just that if he wanted him to. John was far too good at acting like nothing had happened. But no, he decided he would show John, he would open up this piece of himself, which he should have done a long time ago, but didn't. "For once, no." His voice was firm. "Now move, you need to hear one track in particular" He practically pushed John out of the chair in order to sit down on it.

John propped his elbows on the back of the chair and watched over Elliott's shoulder as he searched for the track. "The song isn't my usual style at all, we were just experimenting around with random Spotify recommendations" He said by way of explanation. He was nervous as he passed the headphones over to John. As John put the headphones on Eliott started to chew his thumb again.

Kay watched as Elliott opened up about this part of him. She smiled behind her mug watching them both. Sure, his nerves were evident to Kay but the fact he chose to still show John showed alot about his character to her.

"Ell, this was down to me. I wanted to hear John's old stuff and we just stumbled across yours in the process. You got a hell of a voice on you" she explained to him sincerely. She didn't want to lie or pretend she didn't know about it.
Of course, if he had asked John to, she would have done the same but she figured she could say something as he reacted more positively.

He looked up at her as she spoke, his ears reddening with the praise. His first instinct was to brush off the praise, but he didn't. "Thanks" was all he said. But the single word contained volumes of information. There was relief was evident in his tone, along with happiness, but he was still hesitant, still waiting for John's judgement.

"It's weird, I have far more in common with John than with my birth parents" he said. Elliott never talked about his birth family when Kay was around except for that one time in Macs. It was still painful for him to talk about it, even all those years later.

Kay didn't need a long reply from him to know he genuinely appreciated the compliment from her. She could tell his music and what John would think meant alot to him.

When he said about having more in common with John she smiled warmly. "I can get that. I was always closer to Sam's parents when her folks took me in. It's how things turn out. I've always believed that you can pick your family. Despite what others may say. Family don't end in blood." She explained to Elliott. It was true and it was clear she was speaking from her heart.

"He is proud of you you know?" She remarked, gesturing towards John.

"Yeah, I know he is, but he's not the kind of guy to say things like that. It's just not his style. You've probably figured that out by now" Elliott had accepted the kind of person John was a long time ago. He knew that John didn't do the 'mushy stuff', like Elliott his past was full of family problems. John's childhood had been bad. He didn't get close to people, his barriers prevented him from doing that. It was a coping mechanism of sorts. But sometimes Elliott just wished that John would say how proud of Elliott he was, like a normal parent.

He nodded at Kay's story, it made perfect sense to him. Sure blood families like Chas's were strong, but the 'friend' family was just as strong. He knew which he'd rather have by his side during a fight for his life. Both John, Chas and A.J's team were the people he'd want by him in a fight. Which reminded him "speaking of family, the box is for you from the tech guys back at base" He gestured at the black box on the table "And A.J. sends this" he indicated the envelope.

"yeah, I figured as much. Dude is closed off tighter than a safe underwater" she smirked. She could still tell Elliott he'd open up a bit to him. She could only tell because of her fondness for John that grew and her moment with him last night. She still kept that to herself though.

"Oh!" She said surprised they'd think to give her anything. She pulled the box close to her and took the envelope from him. She opened the envelope first, curious to what AJ wanted her to have or to know.

"And the water where he the safe is submerged is in a bio-vault on another planet." Elliott continued with a smile, amused by her assessment of John. It was very accurate, and appealed to his sense of humour too.

Inside the envelope was a piece of white card designed to look like an invitation to a royal ball or a posh formal function. In elegeant sloping script it read
You are cordially invited to:
join us in watching Elliott get totally destroyed in a quarterstaff fight
potentially going to devolve into an evening of heckling
bring junk food
It was clear that doing up a formal invite was A.J's idea of humour. Recognising the card Elliott sighed "I am going to murder A.J." It was clearly meant as a joke

Kay laughed at Elliott's addition. They definitely had the same sense of humour and she hoped this would be the start of getting somewhere with him.

She read the invitation and chuckled. She looked up at Elliott waving the invitation around. "Well this is something! You know I'm gonna have to say yes to this right?" She chuckled. Her sass re-emerging finally after the previous night's mood.

She then turned her attention to the black box and opened it carefully. "And now... To see whats in the box!" she said, making a clear reference to the film Seven.

"I know, I know" he groaned, mentally cursing A.J. The Irish boy had essesntially made Elliott deliver his own death warrant- the sneaky little bugger. He notcied that A.J. had already decided what the outcome of the nights sparring would be- defeat for him. And with good reason too. But did he really have to announce it publically to Kay, and almost certainly John?

Inside the box was another note, and below that was a phone. The phone was sleek, but unbranded. Taped to the back were a set of Sim cards. The accompanying note read:
Kay,
your old phone is clearly compromised, so here is a new one.
(you don't get a choice in aceepting by the way)
Its the standard style we all use. It is encrypted, waterproof and can survive most EMP and bomb blasts. Plus some sims, because lets face it, burners are awesome
Kane, A.J., Jamie

She couldn't help but smirk at Elliott's reaction to the note. "You'll be fine, I've seen what you can do" she told him.

When she looked in the box to find the note, she read it and took out the phone with the tapestaped SIM cards. She had to admit she was impressed they would do this for her. "Tell them thanks for this, means alot" she honestly told Elliott. Oy AJ just about knew her so she wasn't expecting them to take the initiative to do something like replace her phone. Sure, it may be a small gesture to them but it was a big deal to her.

"There's enough food left if you want anything? I cooked" she changed the subject.

"You haven't seen nothing yet, and besides, you have no idea what my opponent is capable of." he deadpanned back. Maybe if she was too look closely at him she might see the barest flicker of emotion in his eyes, or the most minutes twitch of a smile as he talked about his opponent. Or maybe she wouldn't see anything. "tell them yourself when you see them later on."

He shook his head, "I ate at Macs, they do killer breakfast, and an excellent discount." John pulled off his headphones, the track having ended. He took a long breath and ran a hand through his hair. "El...that was......it was.....that was bloody amazing!" John stumbled over his words, still in a state of shock and awe. A wide grin spread over Elliott's face at the same time as his face reddened a bit.

Kay could have sworn she saw emotion in his eyes but she wasn't fully sure so she thought nothing of it. "Good point, will do" she said to his comment about thanking the group herself.

She nodded feeling like he didn't need to say anymore when he said he ate at Mac's. "Say no more" she smiled. Kay looked up at John when she noticed him removing the headphones. Seeing John be so flabbergasted surprised her but she enjoyed seeing such emotion out of him. He didn't need to say to Elliott whether he was proud of not, his reaction showed it perfectly.

It really showed her how sometimes words weren't needed to express an opinion. She found it more warming seeing Elliott blush. "Good job I'm sitting down, or I might have stumbled over from seeing you blush Ell" she cheekily said with a chuckle.

"How many times do I have to tell people this?" Elliott groaned, leaning back against the edge of the table. "I'm not Spock." A.J. had for a long while after finidng out that Elliott was alien had insisted on calling him Spock, mainly just to infuriate him. "John back me up on this." He added, looking at John.

John laughed at Kay's comment before smirking "oh no, I think Spock suits you perfectly." There was no malice in his tone, and there was a spark of something or another in his eyes. "I am surrounded by idiots!!" Elliott sighed dramatically, throwing himself into the couch.

Kay laughed seeing Elliott so wound up about her comment. It made her laugh more when John actually didnt side with him. It felt so good to laugh and not scream in pain to Kay.

Kay noticed that spark in John's eye and for that briefest moment it made her heart flutter again. Then Elliott's exclaim and sigh snapped her back to her reality. "We're only messing doll. If we didn't we wouldn't care about you" she said, walking behind him and kissed the top of his head to add to the teasing. But it was true, she did care about him.

John rolled his eyes at Elliott's dramatics. "this isn't a soap opera, quit the dramatics kiddo." "never! I refuse!" Elliott sniped back in mock anger. "Anyway, a more important question" John gestured at the laptop. "The Greatest Showman? Really? Who's Spotify recommendations were you going through?"His tone was surprised

Elliott laughed, lying back on the sofa. "It was Jamie's account. She was listening to as many genres as possible to try and screw up the algorithm. It worked too, the thing went absolutely demented. Plus the songs are quick to learn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back