• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay jumped over the back of the sofa and sat down. Completely forgetting that she was still in her rather short pjs. She looked between the two of them as they quipped between each other jokingly.

When John questioned the greatest showman thing she stayed out of it. She hated the film no doubt, but deep down she couldn't lie there was one or two alright tracks in the soundtrack. Musical soundtracks were a guilty pleasure of hers, even though rock, rockabilly and punk was her main love.

She was surprised when Elliott gave them a slight remote compliment in the quick to learn comment. "There's some skill in musical soundtracks tempos" she muttered.

"I'm not saying that quick to learn is necessarily a good thing. A really good song is one you labour over for weeks, even months to get totally perfect. And even then, you never quite stop. Musical songs on the other hand are designed to be as ridulouslt catchy and memoriable as possible, so that it fits in with whole musical drama euphoria thing." Elliott elaborated.

"And John, it would have been worse, the next track down down was" he made an airquotes gesture "that bloody monstrosity." John shook his head in horror and shuddered at the thought. "You got any plans for tonight? I know Chas has a family thing" John thought, then shook his head "just the usual crap, why?"

"Open invitation to watch me get several shades of shit beaten out of me in a quartertaff fight." John's expression was one of surprise. "Why are you so certain you're gonna lose? You're damn good with it" "yeah, I'm not unbeatable, but I'm sure as hell gonna try and change that.""

Kay nodded, of course Elliott had a point. She just meant in the singing side of things. She decided to shut up at this point, despite being curious to what song he was referring to.

She perked up when Elliott mentioned about the event tonight and it made her wave her invitation. "Both of us are invited" she chimed in. "I think you'll be fine.... Spock" she grinned cheekily, poking him in the side with her foot.

John laughed and Elliott just groaned. "I am going to murder A.J. for making me do this. And the next time he is training I'm going to invite everybody to watch and heckle at him, see how he likes it."There wasn't malice in his tone, but a hint frustration was evident. The original plan was for him to practice and improve his technique, but of course when A.J. had found he had decided to turn it into entertainment.

She loved making John laugh. She just loved making them both laugh in general really. She could tell in his voice Elliott meant no malice. "Seriously, you'll be fine. AJ clearly only winds you up because he cares about you. It's what we all do. Wind up the ones we love." She told him warmly.

"And well, if you're gonna let slip the whole Spock thing to me, you gotta expect me to use it! I'm a sassy snarky cow and I will wind up everyone I like" she grinned. "I'm sure at some point you'll find something out about me to use against me" she told him. In fact, she was sure he would. She was certain it wouldn't take him long to catch her singing in the shower or something stupid. Which reminded her.... "I'm gonna jump in the shower boys, be right back!" She said, jumping off the sofa with pointed feet.

She just had a right spring in her step this morning and it was REALLY showing. She knew it was, and she didn't care. She was almost purposely putting it on for their sake. Entering the bathroom she did the usual prep before stepping inside letting the water rush over her. And low and behold she began singing loudly but really well.

(The song because she's purposely taking the piss lol )

Elliott disagreed, but didn't voice it. John on the other hand wasn't going to let the whole Spock thing go either. "Oh you're Spock all right, in more ways than one." John didn't include the whole you are actually an alien bit, it wasn't his place or story to tell "The guy who is always cool, calm and collected. And no doubt an excellent chess player, always thinking about a millon moves ahead of everybody else. Plus your ears are kinda pointy." Elliott threw a cushion at John, nailing him square in the head. "Moron"

When Kay re-emerged she would see that both John and Elliott were wearing headphones and engrossed in an avid discussion about waveforms and sound quality and recording equipment. They had heard her singing, but chose not to comment, instead focusing on the recordings they were listening to.

Kay eventually re-emerged, this time in proper clothes. She came out sporting a Melvin's mens tee that was clearly hanging on her like a dress and sporting the odd worn hole, along with black wet look leggings. Over that she had a large khaki shirt.

She saw they both were wearing headphones and deep in discussion. She just sat herself down between them like it was no big deal. She was curious to what they were listening to and leaned into John's headphones to try and hear. She quickly gave up and just sat there instead. She didn't really know what to do or how to be involved without coming across as a total pain in their ass.

Attachments

• 7e9af079cd7b06eb0b65488f4280aa1e.jpg
    7e9af079cd7b06eb0b65488f4280aa1e.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
At first John and Elliott didn't realise that Kay was back, they were fully engrossed in their discussion. Both clearly had a lot to say regarding wave forms. But eventually they did notice her presence, John first then Elliott. They pulled off the headphones, Elliott having to untangle his hair from the exposed metal wires on his headset. The wires were clearly a conscious style choice despite how easily his long hair got tangled in them. John had no such problems.

Elliott looked at his hair ends, the red was almsot completly faded out. "looks like I'm due a new colour" he remarked. "Any suggestions? And no John, I'm not getting a mowhawk at the same time." "that's a shame" John mock sighed

Kay looked between them as they untangled their headphones and removed them. She looked over when Elliott said about his hair ends and being due a new colour.

"What about purple or blue? Can get some pretty cool shades nowadays." She suggested. She was envious of Elliott being able to just change his hair colour. To anyone else her hair colour was a due job and choice, but truth was it wasn't and it didn't matter how many times she tried to change it, Fee wouldn't let her.

"You're lucky able to dye your hair. I'm stuck with this" she added. It was hard to work out how she felt about that but she was annoyed. It made her stand out and made it difficult to hide when she was on the run.

John nodded in agreement with Kay's colour choices. And he understood instantly why she couldn't die her hair, as did Elliott. "it's kind of traditional at this stage, it's a part of who I am, rather than a conscious fashion statement." Elliott added, slightly cryptically. He had started to dye his hair as a way of taking control back over his face, which he felt was dominated by his scar. As he spoke he unconsciously touched the end of his scar.

John considered his answer, there was something he wanted to see, a realisiation of sorts that he had he come to while listening to Elliott's tracks. He wasn't one hundred percent sure, but he would bet money it if the opportunity arose. "both sound good, espescially the blue. But it has to be a dark shade of blue. Am I right or am I right?

Elliott's reaction was brief and almsot completly concealed, but John knew enough about his adoptive kid to see it. "dark purple, a violet shade of some kind would also work" He continued with an easy smile. "Yeah, purple works, I know just the shade to get too."

Kay looked at him when he replied with what he did. She got it, if she could dye her hair it'd be down to wanting to hide her real her rather than a fashion thing.

"Dark blue is cool but against the black it wouldn't show too much, if it was dark it'd have to be dark electric blue." Kay chimed in. She knew why too much about hair colour and colour in general for her to be spouting just crap.

When Elliott said about the purple she nodded, "then you have your answer. Go purple!" She said smiling.

"Well that's decided then" Elliott leant back in the chair, making a mental note to buy hair dye at some point in the near future. Along with the usual crap needed to keep the Constantine household running smoothly. Well.......smoothly might be the wrong word. To keep it running might be a better way of putting it.

(Probably best just to time skip to evening, unless you have any ideas for the meantime?)

( fine with me!)

The evening fast approached and Kay had put her faithful worn out biker jacket on and a black baggy beanie and by this point had remembered to give John back his trenchcoat. She had her black doc Martin's on and with the guys, was heading to Elliott's "training night" that AJ had put on.

She was actually looking forward to just hanging out with people and seeing what Elliott truly was capable of. That and she was more looking forward to just hanging out beside John not in the house for a change.

Elliott had headed off to the base before them, leaving strict instructions with John regarding entry protocals. The two were to enter through the restraunt level. The restraunt was empty when they arrived, bar a tall male they hadn't seen before. it was his red hair and Irish accent that marked him as the oldest MacCrowley sibling- Martín. He gestured to the backroom. "The crazy people are down there." he told them with a smile. He was closer to John's age than the twins.

Down the stairs they were greeted by a truly bizarre sight. Suspended upside-down by their ankles on a long rope were Kane (the tech guy) and Toby, the dreadlocked girl. In their hands were consoles, and they seemed to be playing an extra-ordinarily competitive game of Mario Kart while upside down. A.J., Scott and Saoirse were watching on, heckling and yelling encouragement in equal measure.

(sorry for delay was seeing Lindsey Stirling live)

Kay walked through with John. She had smiled and nodded in acknowledgement to Martin when he said where everyone was. She walked downstairs and saw the sight infront of them. She looked on her mouth agape slightly.

She had seen this kind of things in shows her mate Sam had shown her before on her laptop but this was the first time she had seen this kind of stunt in person. She quickly closed her mouth and looked around seeing everyone cheering them on and so forth.

She wondered now what on earth Elliott was indeed to be doing here tonight. It felt like to her she had walked into a parallel universe or something. She was equally however, impressed and excited for the evening ahead. It had been so long since she experienced a close to normal night out.

She stayed close to John though bas she was still slightly anxious about getting separated. The kidnapping of her took its toll on her more than she ever showed.

(Sounds like fun)

John looked at the spectacle in front of him, an amused smiled playing out across his face. It was so typical of his life to walk in to a room and see something like this going on. Elliott's gang were clearly crazy, but he had no doubt that he was in for a night of excellent entertainment.

"Don't worry, all this is completly normal for us." Elliott's voice spoke up behind them. Turning around John realised that not only had Elliott managed to sneak up behind him unnoticed, the blue haired woman had managed to do the same. Elliott's hair now contained purple ends.

Kay turned around when she heard Elliott's voice from behind them. She noticed the purple and smile, "heyyy purple looks good!" She complimented.

She didn't doubt this was completely normal. Nothing much was able to surprise her anymore. She gave the blue haired girl a smile, now she knew it was her that helped her greatly. She knew she'd have to thank her properly at some point during the evening.

"Yeah, espescially this dark shade, like you said John, a dark shade is best." He replied, trying his best not to touch the hair as he spoke. He always felt that after he dyed his his hair he had to constantly check it.

It was then that Toby finally won the race. "Eat shit Kane! I told you I would win" she gloated gleefully. Although she had quite literally bashed Kane off the track and into a hole in order to do so. A round of applause rose up from the assembled watchers, Elliott and the blue haired woman. Kane wriggled around, until he managed to grab the ropes around his ankles and started to untie them.

"Screw you Tabitha" the blond headed guy replied, stressing Toby's full name as he landed in a handstand on the ground. He flipped up onto his feet, with a practiced ease. Toby just chuckled, held up both middle fingers (while upside down). "You call that a landing?" She untied the knot using her unusually finger like toes, then swung her body back on the forth on the rope. At the apex she let go, somersaulting through the air and landing on the table behind Elliott with the practiced nonchalence of an acrobat.

Kay noticed him trying so hard to not to touch his hair. She didn't bring it up to him but it was just a casual observation she made. "Well dark or bright, it looks good and suits you" she told Elliott.

Then her concentration got distracted when she heard Tabitha win the race. She turned around and watched as they untied themselves and Tabitha did an impressive landing.

"Impressive" she commented to no one in particular. It was just a case of thinking out loud for Kay. "So...when are you up form your thing?" She asked Elliott.

"I grew up in a circus, hence the skills" Tabitha added in, hoping off the table. She was proud of that fact and wore it like a badge of honour, daring anybody to insult her for it. "I'm Toby, but if you call me Tabitha I will not hesitate to kick you into next year." She added with a grin as she chucked a stapler at Kane's head. He managed to catch it just before it hit his face.

"Five minutes(ish)" He shrugged in response to Kay's question. "A.J. I expect ypu to have your shit together by the time I get back." He added, raising his voice o the second remark directing it at the Irish guy. "Good luck kiddo" John added

Kay nodded in acknowledgement at Toby's comment. "That's cool!" She replied to her circus comment. Chuckling at her second comment she simply replied with "duely noted".

Kay did a single nod when Elliott replied. She smirked with a light chuckle at the way he spoke to AJ. she then smiled at John's remark. She liked hearing such normal things from him towards people. She had faith that Elliott would be fine. She just got that vibe from him that he'll handle himself okay come what may.

"Yeah..good luck, though I think you'll be fine" she added also.

Their confidence in him priduced identical smirks from all the others. It was the smirk of people who knew something they didn't. The next five minutes involved setting up a semicircle of chairs in front of the raised arena. There was also a table filled with copious amounts of food. The group seated themselves in what was evidently their 'usual spots'. Toby next to Saoirse, who was next to A.J. and Scott. Beside them was Kane. John flopped himself down on the next available chair, propping his feet on the edge of the table.

The atmosphere was relaxed and an easy banter built up between the group, John even getting in on the act. The lighting had been dimmed, leaving only a central spotlight over the cicrcular sparring arena itself. Near Kane was a laptop, which was hooked up into all the main base systems.

The groul fell silent when two figures walked out and into the arena. Elliott approached from the left, his hair pulled back into a low ponytail. He was dressed in a loose fitting t-shirt and baggy trousers, his feet were bare. His hands were in black fingerless gloves In his left hand was an eight foot staff.

The blue haired woman approached from the left. She was dressed in the same gear as Elliott, right down to the gloves. Her hair was tied back and she held the staff in her right hand. They stopped about a metre and a half from each other.

"Okay people, for those who don't know what's about to happen. Elliott and Jay have kindly volunteered to let me turn their practice session into a show of ritual combat." cue snorts from everybody "these two are going to fight in a show of skill and speed and gymnastucs. They will using every trick they know, which is a lot. Standard rules apply. Capaische?"

Kay sat next to John. She was thinking on when everyone smirked at their confidence in Elliott and why it made them all smirk. It was actually bugging her slightly but she swallowed it down metaphorically speaking and just decided to wait and see what will happen.

She had to admit she wasn't expecting his opponent to be the blue haired girl whom she now knows is called Jay. She glanced around when everyone laughed at the comment about their training session before looking back at the two of them in the arena.

She sat back in her chair slightly, trying to now ignore the nervous feeling she had in the pit in her stomach.

Elliott and Jay nodded in answer to A.J.'s question. He then turned to the audience "so sit back and enjoy, and throwing stuff at our favourite NT's, we don't need anybody get their head sliced open by a bo staff again" A.J. sat back down, wrapping an arm around Scott, waiting for it to start.

A look went between Elliott and Jay, a well practiced signal. They raised their staffs tapping them off each other, the ground, each other and the ground again before stepping back. The room was completly silent, as everybody leant forward in anticipation of the first.

Jay moved first, swivelling on one heel, and swinging the staff with incredible speed right at Elliott's face. The swish of air powerful enough to be felt by the seated contestants. Elliott ducked the blow launching a counter strike. They exchanged blows, dodging, ducking and even jumping at times. It looked like a scene from a samurai movie. The light cast long shadows across the floor.

Both were trading blows with strength and speed that looked to be greater than anything a human muster. Elliott was skilled no doubt, his movements slick, practiced and instinctive. But it was Jay who was the master. The eight foot staff was an extentsion of her arm and her movements were fluid. Her feet were a blur as she and Elliott circled each other. She was clearly born to wield a staff.

(Last post, I've got extra long band practice for the big end of year concert)

Kay found the way AJ embraced Scott after his announcements endearing. She then turned her attention to Elliott and Jay watching intently just like everyone else was.

The speed and strength between them impressed her greatly. She found it incredible to watch as well as fascinating. To truly see someone move the way they were captivated Kay. She saw a different side to Jay particularly that she didn't think she'd ever have imagined seeing from her.

Some of the close blows did put her on edge though. She knew Elliott would overall be okay, she had to keep believing that but it still put her on edge. Her breath hitched a few times and she wasn't even aware that at some point, she had gripped onto John tightly from watching it all.

Some of the blows and dodges were so quick that when she blinked she could have sworn she was seeing her capture on instant replay. "No.. no not now...Kay, come on girl...don't get triggered now" she thought to herself, her grip on John was getting tighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back