• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay smiled, even chuckled slightly at the two of them. She was barely gone really but she seriously missed hearing it. "Well..I'm appreciative of not being left down there" she chimed lastly before they reached the surface.

Being on her own for so long made her almost forget what it was like to have people drop everything for another person to bring them home safe. Tonight was a massive reminder.

When she got back in the cab, the seating felt heavenly compared to that tunnel floor or being strung up. She looked at Chas when he asked what happened. It made her think back to the timeline of events as it happened so fast.

"It happened ridiculously fast. I had a message come through from who I thought was an old friend who was more family than anything else. I left the room we were in because I knew after I responded to the text, I'd want to call her. I didn't even get through the second word when I felt something hit me from behind and next thing I know, I'm chained up in that room and seeing Ethan. The guy who started my whole being on the run shit, standing over me before deciding to torture me by breaking my bones, and cutting me open." She explained as best she could.

Chas just shook his head. "I'm really questioning my faith in the universe at this moment in time. People are just getting worse and worse." He was exasperated and it was obvious. "And it isn't just limited to humans either, demons, aliens, metas, mutants, downworlders, they are all the same." John sighed.

"Well I sincerely hope that this is the last of the drama for tonight" John sighed, slumping back into the seat, he was longing for a cigarette, but they were in the pocket of the coat that Kay was currently wearing, he wasn't exactly going to ask for them at this moment in time. His fingers tapped against the window in an uncomscious rythmn. "Twenty quid says it isn't" Chas smirked. "I'm not taking that bet mate, but I did find out something that'll shock you"

Kay nodded in agreement at their sentiments about how shit the world was getting. She really understood why John tried to give her the option of going alone again when they first met.

Even after tonight though she refused to go alone. If anything, it made her realise that she was safer when around other people. She was alone for less than a minute and this drama unfolded after all.

"I hope it is the last for tonight too.. I want my strength back before anything else happens" she chimed in, hugging herself in John's coat, due to not exactly being that warm with only the one layer on. Then John mentioned about knowing something that'll shock Chas and no doubt her, which made her glance towards him whilst resting her head against the window of the cab.

"What is it?" Chas's interest was piqued. Kay could practically see his ears pricking up at the mention of something surprising. He didn't doubt that John had found out something truly astonishing, but he didn't see this one coming. "we found out the identity of our mysterious watcher"

That shocked the cabbie so much that he momentarily lost control of cab. The car drifted and did a massive zig zag across the lanes of the road, much to the annoyance of the truckers. John's head slammed hard off the window, he hadn't been expecting that reaction from Chas. "Mate, calm your self." "What the actual shit John? Don't just announce this kind of stuff when I'm driving" Chas managed to get the cab under control, but not without some wild swerving.

(Last post)

Kay remembered she was in the room when John's news was originally told to them. She wasn't however expecting Chas to react the way he did. When he swerved the way he did, she used her hand to protect her head from colliding with the window.

Her head hurt enough as it was, she didn't want to make it anymore painful. She was thankful for Chas getting the cab back in control, and she relaxed just a little bit once again. She thought maybe next time John could take Chas' advice and wait until they got back to the apartment. Or at least, she hoped he'd take the advice.

"How was I supposed to know you'd freak out? I thought you knew how to drive and stay under control" "That's very rich coming from you John" Chas snorted. Sometimes he couldn't believe the things that came out of John's mouth. He ofetn wondered did John really have no filters or was he just extremly skilled at rubbing people up the wrong way. "Tell me back at the flat, yeah? I want a full explantion including how you suddenly aquired a team."

They reached the flat shortly after. Kay's room looked like a bomb had hit it, but the rest of the flat was the same as it had been when they left. "Home sweet hovel" John sighed, flopping down on the couch. There was no sign of Elliott or the blue haired woman, but there was a note pinned to the door. Chas unpinned it, read it and handed it to John.

The note read:
John,
I'm heading back to the base to rendezvous with the others
No doubt they've made some form of ridculous plans for the evening
if you need me, this is the number of the burner I use
try not to do anything to stupid while I'm gone
also --y- sorry for the mess
Elliott

it was followed by a phone number
The word after also had been obscured by a smear of ink

Everytime the two of them had this kind of 'argument' Kay just switched off now. It was normal to her that she learned to just let them get on with it. It would soon finish as quickly as it begun.

When they got back to the apartment, she wobbly made her to her room and saw the state it was in. "O...Kay" she muttered to herself. Normally she'd have gone apeshit but right now she just wanted to have clothes on that wasn't John's coat only. It took her a while to even find her stuff amongst the crap and the moment she was stronger she knew she'd be straight onto cleaning up.

Eventually she found her clothes and picked out her lounge shorts that just about covered her arse and a vest top. She left her hair down and slowly made her way back into the living room where she flopped next to John on the sofa and curled her legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"Your coat is still in my room, forgot to bring it out, sorry" she told him, as she sunk into his sofa.

"Eh" he waved a hand dismissively in the air "it doesn't matter." His sleeves were still rolled up to the elbows and his forearm tattoos were perfectly visible. Chas walked over with a pot of coffee and a whisket bottle. There was already a selection of mismatched mugs on the table from whne the appartment had been host to the full team. John and grabbed a random mug and poured in the dark, strong smelling coffee before topping it off withsone whiskey. "Ta for this mate, much needed"

Chas flopped down onto the armchair, suddenly tired and poured himself a mug too, but didn't put in as much whiskey as John had. "so, you found out who our mysterious watcher is?" He asked as he took a sip of the coffee.

Kay moved forward to get herself a mug of coffee. Any other time she would have also put whiskey in but she just felt her body wouldnt take it too well so she stuck to just plain old coffee before curling up again, holding her mug firmly in her hands.

She blew on the hot liquid a bit when Chas brought up the subject of the mysterious watcher. She decided to stay quiet so she could recover better, and discreetly looked over at John's tattoos now she could see them properly. Especially as she was technically dead when he used their power and wouldn't have seen the meaning behind them.

She would have been lying to herself if the thoughts of grabbing his arms and looking closely didn't run through her mind but she just wasn't brave enough to do it or in the strong enough mental state to be bothered.

"Yup, indeed. Turns out it was Elliott who told him to watch us. He thinks I'm going to and die on him by doing something stupid when he's not around. So he got one of his friends to tail us to prevent that from happening. He worries too much" "Actually, I think your kid actually has sense. Considering everything that's happened to him, do you really think he wants to loose the closest thing he has to a father?" Chas asked party rhetorically, sipping from the mug which bore the words "my hovercraft is full of eels"

"Yeah, I know" John muttered staring into the contents of his mug, not able to meet Chas's eyes. "So who is the watcher?" Chas pressed on, he very much wanted an answer, but was trying not to seem to eager about it. "The Japanese vampire you met earlier. You know, the one with the intense eyes? He's demji in case you were wondering"

Chas took a moment to take it all in. "wow, that's....." was all he managed to say, before lapsing into thought again.

She was aware that Chas' reaction to the whole information wasn't that far off what her reaction was. She honestly understood why Elliott would do such a thing and she hadn't even been around them for that long.

She sipped her coffee and focused on herself mostly, and partly being lost in her own thoughts. She was still computing that she came back from the dead in a blaze of fire and not have a single burn on her skin. Her fingertips idly running round the top of the mug as she thought. Her ressurecting wasn't her only thought though. She was dealing with the fact that she was beginning to crush on John and in no way would it probably be recipitated.

"Yeah, I know, pretty crazy. Who thought that within a week we could find not one, but two creatures considered mythical among the magical community?" His voice was filled with a mix of admiration, awe and tiredness. He could see that Kay wasn't fully there, but he didn't say anything. After all that had happened, being a little spaced out afterwards was pretty good going.

Chas nodded in agreement. "One hell of a week in the life of the Hellblazer, huh?" "exactly, and it's only going to get worse." There was a great sense of foreboding in his voice

Last edited:
Kay could hear what was being said but it didnt 100% sink in for her to fully acknowledge it. If she had, she may have well gotten a tiny bit annoyed that he just described her as just a mythical creature and seemed to see her as nothing else. She still wanted to be seen as a person despite being a phoenix.

She snapped out of her thoughts when John said things are only going to get worse. "For five minutes can we not think that??" She asked, her tone was slightly abrupt which she didn't intend to do. She didn't want to come across as snarky but it accidentally happened.

Chas looked at her apologetically. "Sorry, I wasn't thinking." He was so used to the whole doom and gloom of John's lifestyle, that he had forgotten that Kay wasn't at all used to it. John just went back to drinking in silence. Judging by the dark, brooding look on his face he was thinking about something unpleasant. He poured more coffee, but added much more whiskey this time,

Chas slumped backwards in the chair, yawning. It was obvious that he was tired. He had been woken up in the middle of the night by John ringing him.

"it's fine..." Kay sighed. "I just want to think of something other than things getting worse for five minutes" she told him. She felt bad that her little out burst made Chas feel like he had apologise. She never wanted that.

She drank more of her coffee and just slumped back into her starting position on the sofa. She glanced between the two of them and it all dawned on her that John would have had woken Chas up to be involved in her rescue. "Chas.. I never properly said but thank you for getting involved tonight. You didn't have to. I'm just sorry it was to save my ass" she said honestly. It was only then that her time living in the States showed.

Every now and then the little Americanism would slip through in her speech whether she was aware of it or not. What she said though was true, she was sorry he had to be dragged out of possibly bed just to save her.

"Don't we all?" Chas asked rhetorically. He jerked his chin in the direction of John, "ignore doom and gloom over there, it's been a long night for all of us." What he didn't metion however was that john was right with saying things were going to get worse.

"And besides, it's my pleasure. If I'm not going to use my limited immortality to help others, then what is the point of having it at all?" "Cheers to that mate, you're a better man then me, we both know I couldn't be trusted with the gift you have" John held up his mug in a mock toast gesture before downing a gulp.

Kay didn't doubt for a second that John meant every word when he said things will get worse. She could only imagine the kind of crap that would come their after Ethan and his lackies did what they did to her.

She responded to Chas' reply with a small smile. "Still...I appreciate it" she said. If her mood was higher she'd have retorted with a snarky comment to John's comment about Chas' gift but she didn't. She finished her coffee and put it down on the table. A little yawn escaped her lips, as she curled up on the sofa. She just decided to ignore it though. The last thing she wanted right now was to be alone.

"So that team you were with? They are Elliott's team, correct?" Chas directed the question at both of them. John nodded. "He's a part of the team, but he isn't the leader though. I'm not sure what exactly his role is beside being their token badass mage." Chas knew that John was making a reference to how he was never the only mage on th team, there were others, who disagreed with his methods, ideas, dress sense, sandwich choice, existance...and so on and so forth.

"Sometimes that's all you need." After a moment Chas added "so who actually calls the shots?" "My guess is the twins, it is their place they use as a base. But the blue haired one irks me, I'm not quite sure what her purpose is. She has leadership skills and an insanely rare ability. But I get the sense she isn't trusted." John was thinking out loud now.

Kay decided she should try and be involved this time in the conversation. She listened to what was being said so she didn't repeat anything.

She had to agree with John about the blue haired woman. Kay still didn't know that it was her who helped her through the mind link and to get out of the cuffs, so her only opinion she had was much earlier on in the night when they were saving Saito.

"I don't get her either..there's just something about her that doesn't sit right with me. But hey, Elliott seems to trust her so maybe we're totally judging her wrongly, who knows" she chimed in.

She was trying to give Elliott's team the benefit of the doubt in this moment.

"Who?" Chas asked, he hadn't met her of course. She had been back in the apartment, so he didn't see her at all. "One of the team members, she didn't come with us, she stayed back with Elliott who was doing the comms. She has blue hair and is most definetly not human."

"Alien, plant, downworlder, living rock?" Chas asked. "I'm not sure, any ideas?" The last part was directed at Kay.

John had explained better than she could. It was then Kay put two and two together and linked the mysterious voice in her head to the blue haired woman from earlier in the night.

Then John asked if she had any clue on what this woman could be. "To be honest? Beats me. I'm still relatively new to this whole thing remember..." She began. "Her skills are very mixed so it's difficult to figure her out." She honestly said.

"Yeah" John agreed, taking another swig of the coffee. "I wouldn't bet on Elliott telling us anything for a while though. I'm pretty sure they're still deciding what to do with us now that we know." There was no doubt in John's mind that the team would be disccussing this at some point that night, if it hadn't been discussed already.

"From the little I've seen of them, they seem to be sound" Chas added. John took in the information. Chas was a good judge of people, a skill picked up from years of ferrying people around.

"I don't doubt he'll stay secretive over this for a while.." she added in agreement with John. She had figured that out for herself a little while ago, back when he wouldn't tell her and John the blue haired woman's name.

When Chas said he reckons they're sound, she hoped he was right. "Well..they saved my ass so I'm fine with them" she chimed. Fidgeting on the sofa and without even thinking, she shuffled around and leaned her back on John. It was something she always did when she was with her mates. So she didn't think anything of it at first. The moment she did, she quickly say up again and curled up in the corner, pulling on her hair. "Sorry..." She muttered.

John and Chas snorted loudly when she exprseeed her opinion that Elliott wouldn't stay secretive for long. "Clearly you haven't met Elliott Zachariah Constantine Quinn at all" Chas remarked, using all of Elliott's names for the first time. "He was taught to keep secrets by the best of them, plus he has trust issues, so if he doesn't want us to know, trust me, we won't."

John didn't make a big deal out of Kay leaning on him. He just muttered "it's grand" before turning back to Chas "it's the one good thing I taught him"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back