• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"I guess all there is to do is wait." A few moments later Elliott would arrive out, the colour had returned to his face, and he was looking significantly better than he had before. He'd cleared away the blood splatters, both Saito's and his own. A headset hung around his neck, one of the ones that had been previously hanging on the monitoring banks.

"Sai's stable, no surprise there. We expect him to wake up somehwere within the next one to six hours. None of the others were attacked, it seems he was singled out espescially, which is worrying. The others" He gestured inside "say thanks for the help"

She leaned back on the wall again, now folding her arms across her chest. When Elliott emerged she pushed herself off the wall slightly. She felt relieved that he looked healthier now.

She smiled when he said about Saito's condition improving. "I'm glad he's stable" she remarked. "Why would he be singled out?" She asked. She knew what being singling out was like and it sucked. Sure, she didn't know this Saito but she still had to feel sorry for anyone being singled out for an attack.

"Because he's a vampire? Because he's demji? Wrong place, wrong time?" He shrugged then sighed "we don't know, and that's what's worrying. If it is the case that they know about him, do they know about the rest of us? About our set up here? How much danger are we all in?" His questions were both rhetorical and served as an explanation for the confusion running around in his mind.

"Judging by the fact that he was staked, and the amount of times he was stabbed, I'd say this was a definite 'kill the vampire' scenerio." John added. Elliot merely nodded, then gestured to the door, "c'mon, lets discuss this indoors"

Kay could see the frustration in Elliott from the confusion. "Hey, we'll figure this out" she told him reassuringly giving his arm a squeeze.

She looked over at John and she had to agree with him on that one. They had to have known about him being a vampire. Stakes weren't exactly a common weapon of choice for just about anyone. She nodded in agreement and followed them back inside.

Elliott led them to a different room. This was clearly some kind of living room/place to crash when things got bad. It was spacious and well lit (despite being underground). There were two large couches and a selection of beanbag chairs, all facing towards a large tv with gaming station attached.

There was a set of bunks that folded from the wall and could serve as extra seating if necessary. A door led to a small kitchen equipped with the basics. (Any advanced cooking was done upstairs in the restraunt kitchen.) A rectangular outline in the floor lifted up to become a table.

Elliottsat on the arm of one couch, force of habit, that was his usual spot. "So what do you want to know?" He asked, directing the question at both John and Kay

Last edited:
Kay followed Elliott into the other room. She looked around the room and was impressed by the decor. It wasn't something she'd instantly think of for a secret hideout. It was so casual looking in comparison to the other room.

Kay walked over and sat on the opposite couch normally just like she did at John's. She was actually thankful for the comfortable sit down as she sat back against it. When Elliott asked what they wanted to know, she didn't know where to start. Her and John wondered a few things outside and now the question was given to them, she didn't know what to ask first.

John had no such qualms, he had a million and two questions running around his head. He flopped himself onto the other end of the couch Elliott was sitting on. "When did you meet these guys? How do they all know each other? How long has this been going on for?" he asked, rapid firem deciding that these were the most important.

Elliott blew out a long breath, considered then answered. "Remember that time we were super broke?" with a look at Kay he added "There was a time when we were way more broke than we are now" John nodded. "Well, it was Mac's that I managed to get a job in. The twins were hiring and didn't care about my age, considering they own and run the restraunt, that's not really surprising. The restarunt is a front, but it is a fully functional business, they actually make enough money from customers to keep the restarunt part running without having to invest extra money from other sources"

"I've been doing the vigilante thing with them for five- six years now. As for how they all came together it's a long story. If you have an other burning questions, ask them quick, because the full story takes a long time to tell."
He wasn't exactly happy with having to explain the full story, but they would need to know it to understand why it had taken them so long to agree whether to tell them or not.

Last edited:
Kay was glad John could just ask away the way he did. She looked at Elliott when he looked to her, to explain about how he met the twins. She remembered him saying something about having a job at the restaurant before but now it started to make proper sense. She was actually impressed that a restaurant could make the kind of money they have to afford the level of technology they own.

She looked between John and Elliott when he said how long he'd been a vigilante for. She was half expecting some kind of father like reaction from John, and the other half of her expecting him not to react at all.

She rattled her mind for any other questions but came up with nothing. "Sooner you start the long story, sooner you finish it", Kay just remarked.

Everything was beginning to make sense to John now "So that's where you were going at all sorts of strange hours. I knew you were up to something, Chas attempted to follow you a few times, but he lost you" "you had me followed?!? Seriously John?!?" Elliott's tone was incredulous. "Hey, you had me followed, you really can't all high and mighty on this." John retorted back. "I suppose so"

Elliott ran a hand through his hair, pushing it backwards over his head. He held up a hand and started to tick the people off "Well, you know my story, that's one." One finger "Sai was born in Japan, but the lab was based in the US. He escaped at fifteen and headed to England, hoping that he could hid under the radar there." Two fingers.

"The twins were born Ireland, they are descended from a long line of Celtic warriors, so the twins were trained in combat, weapon making and spying from a very young age. Powers also run in their family, and it is rumoured that they are direct descendants of the hero Cu Chulainn, but that could just be A.J making up bullshit. They moved to England along with their older brother Martín after their parents were killed in suspiscious circumstances. They originally lived with some cousins, but it didn't work out. Their brother set up the restraunt here as a way of getting independence. He's not a full member, but he acts as A.J. and Saoirse's cover story." Four fingers total.

"Then there is Toby, who's still out on the streets doing her op. Born and raised in England. She knows Saoirse and A.J. know each other from school. She didn't like the twins, and the feeling was mutual. So they spent most their time hurling insults at each other. But they found about each others powers and she nearly died saving their lives, so they finally started to work together." Five fingers.

The sixth finger went up. "Also out on the streets is Kane. Started out doing vigilante stuff as a solo. His family are really high up in politics and society. He's basically your stereotype rich kid wanting an escape and finding it through vigilantism. Remind you of anyone?" John smirked, knowing exactly who Elliott was referencing.

"That's basically it" he finished. But John knew he was holding back, he hadn't mentioned the blue haired woman.

Kay listened to the back stories of everyone he mentioned. Naturally she had no clue who they were referencing because she only of the famous vigilante groups the way the general public did. She didn't know them the way these two did.

As she mentally going through everyone he mentioned she rose an eyebrow. "And what about the blue haired woman? We figured she's a healer but what's her story?" Kay just HAD to ask. It'd only niggle away at her if she didn't. She leaned on the arm rest, her head in her hand, her fingers wrapping themselves into her hair.

Elliott sighed, it was a sigh of sadness and anger "her story........it's bad...........very bad. She...........doesn't talk much about it. She tipped these guys off one night and in the process saved their entire lives, but at a massive cost to herself. It took a long time for her to be accepted into the group. But she is actually pretty awesome when you get through the layers"

"And yes, she is a healer, but only a low level one."
"Is she human?" John blurted out, he couldn't keep it in any longer, he had to know. Elliott shook his head "no she isn't, but I'm guessing you knew that already." Elliott had recognised her as non-human on their first meeting. That might be why he was the team member she was closest too.

When Elliott responded the way he did, she partly felt bad for asking but she just had to know. It seemed in one way or another and to one level or another everyone got into this kind of life had a tragic beginning.

She darted her gaze to John when he came out with the question they were debating outside with. Low and behold just as they thought, she wasn't human. "We had our suspicions" Kay clarified. She decided she had to lighten the mood ever so lightly and she hadn't forgotten about the bet she had with John.

"Okay.. to switch the subject ever so slightly. AJ seemed more torn up about Saito than the rest of you... Are they together? Because AJ clearly loves him" She asked outright. She wasn't one for beating around the bush on certain matters. After asking the question she glanced at John then straight back at Elliott.

"Yeah she kind of gives off those vibes unintentionally" Elliott added "I recognised her for what she was the first time we met." "Unlike a certain alien I know, he's much more under the radar" John replied with a smirk. Elliott's reaction was his default rolling of the eyes before continuing and moving on.

Elliott had to laugh at that question, he'd been wondering how long it would be before they asked. "yes they are. They are the couple that took the second longest amount of cringy mutual pining to get together. They were so oblivious of each other's feelings for years. We had bets going on how oong it would take them to finally realise." There was a fondness in his tone as he spoke, clearly his friends meant a lot to him.

She smiled at the two of them still bantering with each other. She just felt lucky she was let in on their little duo for all this time.

She smiled thinking she had won the bet when Elliott started explaining but the ment he said the rest of the story, she knew John had won. "Bollocks.." she thought to herself. She mentally made a note to pay John the agreed £30. She loved how fondly Elliott felt for his team and friends. It made her reminiscent of her time with her friends, and made her miss Sam so much more.

"Thought as much because love was oozing out of AJ. I don't know many people that would go that far for someone they're not involved with romantically" she replied. "It's nice, knowing someone finds that despite the shit show of this world" she remarked. Once upon a time she would never have thought like that. Hell, Sam would always make fun of her for being so anti relationship and love. "If it Sam could hear me now. She'd be going insane at me and insisting I try going on dates" she thought, a soft smile creeping her face from the thought.

Elliott and John couldn't help but agree with her statement. John wasn't the kind of person to get attatched to others, but he could appreciate the love of others. Though he'd probably spend a large amount of time giving out about it in some form or another. And Elliott's opinion? It was very much divided.

"I'm glad that there are no empaths on our team, because our team is pretty emotionally fucked up. The poor empath would probabaly have a nervous breakdown within a few days. Same goes for a telepath. I don't even wnat to know what thise two thing about each other" "Telepaths are a bloody nuisance, too nosy for their own good, espescially when they can't control their powers" John pulled a face of disgust or annoyance

Kay could only imagine what it would be like having people with those abilities on a team. She figured privacy would be hard to obtain. She guessed that John may have had experience with empathy before from his remark and facial expression. "Not had good experiences then?" She smirked.

She wouldn't know what it was like truly but she could only imagine it'd be something like her having Fee in her head. Since joining her soul fully with Fee's, it was slot easier to live with and she did hear her a lot less, but she still got the odd time when they mentally conversed with each other.

It was during this time in the room when her basic new phone vibrated. Taking the phone out she saw she had a text. Opening it up she read it and was surprised by the sender showing up on the message. "Be right back" she said to them both, getting up and going back outside. She was starting to type out her reply;
"Sam?! Wh" was all she got to type out when she got jumped from behind and the world went black. Her phone fell to the ground and she was gone.

a piece of paper was dropped beside the phone. "John, we have your phoenix. Enjoy trying to find her."

The intruder alert would sound shortly after she vanished. But it was too late. John and Elliott found the note and her phone. John read it then yelled "bollocks! You bloody fucking assholes! She sbould have no part in this! Damn you for involving her in this war of yours!" He then punched the wall a couple of times, while Elliott re-read the note and the half typed message on the phone. The rest of the team arrived shortly afterwards.

The first idea was to try and grace the message both magically and technologically. John and Elliott doing the former, A.J. and blue hair doing the latter.

Kay woke up feeling groggy. She winced a couple of times as her head was pounding. Blinking a few more times she focused her eyes on where she was. It was dark and smelled damp. She went to move but found herself attached to something.

Rattling her hands she concluded she was handcuffed to some kind of pole. "Fuck" she cursed to herself. How could she let herself be caught like this? All that training and she still got caught. But how who? She needed to see if there was a way to find clues.

"Ah the bird is awake!" Came a male voice from the dark before his face showed itself near her.

"Ethan??" She asked shocked.

Tracing the message provided mixed results. The blue haired woman exploited every trick she knew and A.J. tried to hack into anything that could be vaguely useful to their search. The phone that the text had been sent from was a burner phone (to nobody's surprise). Magical tracking proved only a little more effective.

But the real breakthrough came with the wake up of a certain vampire. Saito woke up after two hours unconsciousness. A.J. spent the next ten minutes fussing over his boyfriend while the others rolled their eyes. The other two members showed up. Kane had blond hair and angry eyes, where as Toby had dreadlocks.

"So what happened Scott?" Elliott asked, once A.J. had assessed that his boyfriend was still in full working order. He used the name Scott as opposed to Saito, the Japanese boy went by both names, but prefred Scott.

"Think again Kay. Ethan hasn't been around for a VERY long time" the man inhabiting Ethan's body told her. "Shit..." Was all she could mutter. So a demon finally got her she thought.

"You sent me that text as Sam didn't you?" She questioned annoyed that's they use her old best friend to get her. She was also annoyed she fell for such an old trick. "Ding ding ding! Give the birdy a medal!" 'ethan' smirked. "You asshole" she spat. Unfortunately for her, that just made him punch her right in the face, her nose instantly starting to bleed.

"John you better find me" she thought to herself. She knew things were going to go down hill fast for her. She really wished she knew a way to get a sign to John and Elliott but unfortunately she had nothing. All she did know was that she didn't want to be left here to die alone.

'Ethan' disappeared for a while and Kay took that time to drop her head and curl her legs up close to her. If there was ever a time she'd want Fee to talk to her, it was now. 'Ethan' soon came back with company this time. Kay dreaded what was to come next

"I was in Parrabellum, there was this group of demons and they were getting totally pissed, you know the way they are" Scott directed the last part at Elliott who nodded "all too well" "well one was boasting about this friend of his who had managed to get their hands on a real life pheonix. Said that the and I quote "stupid bird had taken up roost with that trenchcoat wearing arsehole Constantine and he was tracking her phone and would nab her at some time during the night. So I left to go outside to warn you guys, then I got ambushed and you know the rest of the story from there."

John walked back in, he had left to make a call to an old friend. And by friend he meant somebody who basically hated his guts, but owed him a favour. Judging by his furious expression he had been shut down. There was practically smoke coming out off his ears. "That bloody stuck-up, pompous areshole! Well the next time they need a favour from me they certainly won't get it!"

"That's it, no more fooling around, I'll do it." the blue haired woman hadn't spoken at all throughout the entire discussion, she had been drawn and quiet, a direct contrast to her authoritative attitude. Everyone turned to look at her in surpise and Elliott opened his mouth to protest. But she shut him down with "Elliott, don't" her voice full of steel. "but after what happened last time......." Saoirse added, her voice concerned.

"It's decided, take me to the appartment, I can use her stuff to make the link"

'Ethan' and his new found buddy walked over to Kay. She wondered what was coming next, when Ethan uncuffed the side attaching her to the pole. Lifting her up off the ground like she was nothing, he began to walk her to another part of the room.

She took this opportunity to put her training into use by using her upper body strength to jump up and kick him back, her landing the ground. "You little bitch!!" He practically growled, picking himself off the ground, he strode over to Kay who was attempting to leave and grabbed her with ease.

His comrade pulled out a needle with a sedative in it, and as Kay thrashed around for trying to escape, Ethan held her in place as she got drugged. Kay's thrashing slowed before she passed out and went limp in Ethan's grip. "She won't be out long, her phoenix blood will burn through that so chain her up quickly" the other demon spoke.

Ethan nodded and hoisted her arms up above her chaining her up. "oh this is going to be fun" he sneered

It was Kane who came up with idea of using the super bike to race through the London tunnels at ridiculously fast speed. John also called Chas. They party reached John's in under three minutes and bolted up to the apartment. The blue haired girl proceeded to completely go through ever item of Kay's stuff before finding exactly what she was looking for.

Her face was pale, she clearly didn't want to do whatever she was she was about to do. Elliott looked at her, concern on her face "You don't have to do this, you know" "We both know that's a lie" She replied before sitting down on the centre of John's rug. In each hand she held a personal item of Kay'. She looked at A.J. Zap me on my mark, it should give me the boost to make the link" She plugged in the headphones, pressing play on the playlist on Kay's phone and clsoed her eyes. At first nothing seemed to happen, she just sat there, listening.

But slowly a change came over her, her breathing slowed and she unconsciously began to sway in time to the music. And then she began to gently levitate above the floor. John's eyes widened in understanding "she's a SYNCER?" He gaped, Elliott' group was getting more and more unbelievable. Slowly but surely she let her conscioisness spread out, searching and searching until it found it's target- Kay's consciousness.

"Mark" she said in a voice completly different to her regular voice. A.J. drew power into himself, making the apartment power on floor four flicker on and off as he drew from it. He pased the current into her in one bolt, which caused her to scream in pain. But it worked the link was formed.

Her scream forced itself into Kay's mind with a burst of intense pain.

Last edited:
Just as the demons suspected, Kay's body did burn out the sedative quickly. She stirred awake, her vision blurry and foggy. She was aware she was highly strung up but that was it.

"And she awakes. Quicker than expected I must admit. Let's see what else a phoenix can heal from shall we?" Ethan smirked, grabbing an old demon blade. Kay wanted nothing more than retaliate but her energy wasn't quite there. Ethan stepped up close to her and ran the blade down her right arm, drawing blood. Kay screamed in pain. The blade burned her and she didn't think anything could burn her.

This just spurred the demons on. "Now, tell us how we get your power" Ethan demanded. "No..." Kay said back, which made his comrade punch her in the gut so hard she was convinced a rib broke on impact. Kay screamed once more as she felt pain course through her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back