• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Saoirse had grabbed a bowl of ice and submerged the guys head in it. She was now carefully stitching the wound, her fingers squeezing the wound together as she worked. John's stitch work was neater than she would have expected. As he stitched, he was aware that whoever this guy was, he had a hell of a lot of scars on his back, John could feel the edges of them, and they felt like something a whip might have made. He found himself wondering who this guy was and what had happened to him.

Kay was now able to get a proeper look at the male. He was hooked up to a heart monitor, blood pressure and oxygen saturation messing device, and a whole host of other machines. He was Japanese with black hair cut into a messy fringe, his eyes were shut. He had tanned skin, and judging by the muscles in his arms and torso he was an athlete of some sort- a runner or a climber. He had a slim but muscled build. His mouth was slightly open and Kay could see the two tips of what could only be fangs sticking out. His clothes were tattered, but the colors were enough to make the link. This was the figure she had seen from Chas's taxi. This was the watcher.

The woman took the blood bags, IV stand and a tube with a butterfly needle on the end, attatching them together with practiced ease . She stuck the needle into the male's arm and squeezed the bag to start the flow. She looked at Kay "Okay, I need to you to pull the stake out. Count to three, then yank it out in one smooth movement. Then grab the tweezers, don't worry about the blood, Lott's got it under control."

Elliott had his hands to one side of the wound, while the blue haired woman put her hands on the other side. They looked at Kay waiting for her to start the count

Kay looked at the figure and it all suddenly clicked together. She knew she'd have to tell John later if it didn't get brought beforehand. Looking up at the woman she listened to her instructions carefully. She really didn't want to mess anything up.

Nodding she went between the woman and Elliott and took ahold of the stake. "Okay..one...two...three!" She counted and pulled out the stake in a swift action. She put the stake down and grabbed the tweezers. She could only guess they were for any shrapnel of stake that could be still in the wound.

As she said the word three, Elliott's eyes flared with purple light. The blue haired woman gritted her teeth as her powers were amplified. The air around both pairs of began to crackle with energy. The blood was being held being back. The wound was nasty, part of the male's intestines had been punctured clean through. It looked like it could be fatal "You, start getting out any splinters in there, try not to let them break up any further as you pull them out. Chuck them in the metal tin on the floor."

She kicked over a tin, which already contained wooden splinters and some shotgun pellets. Saoirse and John continued to work, but kept a wary eye on other three. The beeping of the heart monitor sped up slightly.

Kay glanced down to know where the metal tray was, and with that she began to carefully remove any splinters that were in there. There were more than she expected but she sighed with relief when she got to the last splinter and put it in the tray.

"Done" she stated, moving her hands out the way and putting the tweezers to one side, back where she got them from. She felt under pressure to save this vampire even though she didn't know them. Of all the things and situations she could have thought would have been thrown in her direction, this was not one of them.

Saoirse had finished with the head wound and had begun to help John with the torso wounds, most of which were slashes from a blade. As Kay worked, Elliott and the blue headed woman held back the flow of blood, slowly but surely their combined powers knit the intestine walls back together. The tissue seemed to just grow back of its own accord. The larger veins and arteries were sealed too, to prevent further blood loss. Judging by the strain on both their faces this was taking an immense amount of effort. Elliott's brow was scrunched in concenatration and the blue headed woman was biting so hard on ner lip that she had drawn blood.

It was just as the words left her mouth that the heart monitor started to bleep. A continous drone that could only mean one thing- Flatline. "Shit! Somebody grab the defibrillator!" the blue haired woman yelled to nobody in particular her voice full of panic.

Kay saw how much power it was taking to help this guy and she hoped it wouldn't be too much longer for them.
When the monitor showed this guy was flat lining, she looked around quickly trying to find the defibrillator, before setting eyes on it.

She ran over to it, grabbing it and bringing it back, before setting it up. Luckily for Kay, it had simple instructions and was easy for anyone to use. She pulled the pads out and put them on the guy. She turned it on and grabbed the paddles. It beeped when it was ready to use, "clear!" She said to everyone and when everyone stepped away she shocked the guy before removing the paddles.

Everyone stepped back in unison as she slammed the paddles down on his chest. The electricty slammed through his body, but nothing happened. He was still dead/flatlining.

It was at that moment that the motorbike entering the underground garage, speeding down at great speed. The bike itself was a dark green with a light green celtic spiral design dragon on one side. The rider was A.J., his red hair completly messed up and an expression of complete terror and worry all over his face. He leapt off the bike, not even caring that his bike had carshed to the ground behind him.

He stopped just short of the 'operating table' his filled with completly unmasked fear. "Hit him again, higher charge this time!"

Kay looked up when she heard a motorbike entering the back and she saw AJ come practically crashing through. When he told her to shock the guy again and at a higher charge, she nodded, turning the charge up a bit.

She listened as it charged and the moment it was ready, once again she told everyone to stand clear and shocked the guy once more. Lifting the paddles away, she waited a few seconds to check if his pulse comes back. It was excruciating to wait. "Come on..." She whispered. She didn't want to have to shock him.agsin, but she would if it needed it.

The second charge didn't work either. His body convulsed on the table. The worry was palpable on Saoirse, Elliott and A.J's face, A.J. most of all. Even john looked concerned, he didn't want this vampire dying on his watch. He had had people die on him far too often. And he like Kay, had put two and two together and knew that this was their mysterious watcher. So if Elliott knew him, chances were Elliott had sent him too watch over him.

A.J. pushed the paddles off the boys chest "everyone excpet Kay back five steps I'm going to do something incredibly stupid." He laid his hands on the boys chest, then turned to Kay. "Shock me, I can take the charge." He wasn't joking at all, his eyes were serious and his voice hard. His mind was made up

"bollocks" Kay cursed when it was obvious the second charge didn't work. She was aware of everyone's facial expressions and emotions. She didn't need special powers to figure out what they were feeling because she was feeling the same way.

She looked up at AJ when he told everyone to step further back except for her and she wondered how stupid his incredibly stupid idea was. Then her concerns about his idea was warranted. She was going to protest until she saw how serious he was. "O..okay" she stammered, charging up the paddles again, the moment they were charged she placed the paddles on top of AJ's hands, sending the shock through him to the vampire on the table. She winced as she did so because she REALLY hated the idea.

The charge engulfed A.J's body, crackling back and forth, making his hair stand on end. The charge seemed to grow as it ran over him. The lights of the base flickered on and off in short staccato bursts. The smell of burning made everybody recoil instinctivly. He yelled out, his voice mixed with pain and determination as he brought all the charge together into one single surge.

The charge passed directly into the vampires heart and the vampire's whole body arced upwards. He gasped loudly, drawing air into his lungs, his eyes openeing for the briefest moment. They locked on A.J. and he managed to speak one word- Anthony- before slumping back into unconsciousness. The wounds started to slowly heal over. This vampire wasn't at all normal John was beginning to realise, he possessed a healing factor, yet his body was scarred. All the scars came from old injuries, not new ones

A.J. slumped to the floor, his breathing laboured like he had just run a marathon. The tips of his hair were singed and there was smoke rising from his palms. His sister ran over to his side "don't you dare do somthing as stupid as that ever again, you near me?"

Kay was really hating doing this to AJ. She couldn't look for the briefest moment. Then the smell hit her. Grimmacing she let go when she saw it was time to.

She wondered who Anthony was but kept her thoughts to herself as per usual. She watched as the sounds began healing and she never realised that was even a thing for vampires. She let AJ's sister see to him and she stepped away, walking round closer to where John was.

The blue haired girl flopped into a chair, pulling off her gloves, balling yhem up and throwing them into the biohazard bin. Elliott staggered backwards, his face pale, he had over exerted himself. The others (with the exception of John) didn't know that when A.J. had drawn the current into himself he had created a damergous field of electricity around him. It would have been lethal had Elliott not shielded them.

His head was spinning, his vision was blurring and there was a foul taste in his mouth. He knew what was coming next, but that only made things worse. He staggered over to the sink and began to cougb up large quantities of blood and phlegm. He made sounds like a cat throwing up hairballs and as the tremors wracked his body, he locked his elbows in an effort not to collapse. "Bloody hells, no"

John ran over to Elliott's side, and placed a hand between his adoptive sons shoulder blades, as said son continued continued to hack up bloody pieces of mucus. Elliott slumped to the ground, his body convulsing hard, his face streaked with red tears. John wrapped his arms around his son, and hugged him tight, whispering things into his ears.

(Last post)

Kay looked up when Elliott staggered to the sink. The moment he began vomiting she seemed worried about him. Within these last few days/week and a bit she had find of Elliott in a friend manner. She cared about him, but she tried not to let it show too much.

She wanted to help but she didn't know how to. "John, is there anything I can do?" She asked him, concern for Elliott clear in her tone of voice. She didn't walk over to them but instead kept her distance, but she wanted John to know she'd do anything if it meant being able to help.

This was a perfect moment when she wished she had some kind of healing powers to use on Elliott and not just on herself if she was near death. If there were, she hadn't found out about it in the book she had been reading.

"There really isn't anything any of us do except make sure he doesn't over-exert himself any more than he already has. Also he needs to a dramatic quantity food before his body starting trying to cannibalise itself." He replied his tone grave, and laced with concern.

"There is cake in the second fridge, but for now, catch!" The blue haired woman pulled out some calorie bars from a drawer and tossed them at Elliott, who caught them. "I'm not as bad as I look" This comment was clearly directed at Kay. "Liar, it's worse, you look like absolute shit, and you've practicaly horked up a whole lung."
"John" "Yeah?" "Shut up"

Elliott scoffed down the bars, while Saoirse located the cake. A.J. had drawn up a chair and was keeping watch over the unconscious guy.

Kay nodded sighing. Hearing the concern in John's voice didn't help her to not be worried at all. She watched as the woman gave him a few bars to which Elliott caught.

The moment Elliott said he's not as bad as he looks, she was ready to moan at him but John beat her to it. So she just fought against her initial thoughts and walked over, squatting down beside the two of them. "If John hadn't just said what he did, I would have! Don't ever worry me like that again!" She didn't know where that came from but it was true, and she had to say something.

It was then she just hugged him. He was the closest thing to a friend she had at this point in her life and she'd be damned if she wasn't going to let him know it. "And he's right...you do look like shit" she quipped as she pulled away from the hug, smirking at him.

"I second that. You are an idiot of the highest degree Elliott" Saoirse's remark was acompanied by a slap arpund the back of his head and a platter of cake. "Thanks for that, I feel sooo much better knowing what you think." Eliott groaned sarcastically, but accepted the cake without any complaints "And besides, you should probabaly be moreworried about A.J. considering he basically burned off the skin on his palms and Sai is lying unconscious on a table." This was directed at Saoirse.

"Actually, I'd like to know how this all happened in the first place" A.J. responded, his face still creased with worry. "In other words, Elliott Quinn, what the fuck have you got involved in?" John said.

Kay smirked when she had Saoirse chime in after what she said. It made her feel like she wasn't out of line for speaking up. She stayed close but gave him space to eat the cake. When he sarcastically thanked them for their words, she tongue in cheek, kissed his cheek. "So you should". She simply remarked, sass in her tone before he continued on to talk about AJ.

She looked at AJ when he said about wanting to know what the hell happened and to John when he spoke up. It was then she turned her attention to Elliott to await his response. She too, was very interested in finding out what the answer was.

The kiss on the cheek was unexpected. Elliott masked his surprise by tucking into the cake. Unlike the last time Kay had seen him eat cake, he didn't savour it. He was eating it as fast as was safely possible. He needed the energy as soon as possible. In response to A.J's and John's question the blue haired woman looked at Saoirse, who looked at Elliott who glared back at both of them. It was obvious that none of them wanted to explain what was going on, and would prefer instead to pass that 'honour' on to somebody else.

"Does anybody even know the entirety of what happened to Sai?" A.J. asked, one hand inspecting the stitch work on his sides. "No we don't. The cameras blacked out before the attack, the comms were fried at the same time. It was sabotage. Had it not been for the monitors on him, we wouldn't have even known he had even been attacked." The blue haired woman replied, rolling her chair towards the bank of computers.

"So this was a planned attack?" "I'm afraid so." A.J ran a hand through his hair "shit" he groaned. "What about the others? Are they all right?" Elliott asked, grabbing a wheelie chair, pushing off the wall and sliding behind the blue haired woman. He winced as he moved, there was a sharp pain in his side. Saoirse moved over to look too. It was clear that they were beginning to forget that John and Kay were even there.

Kay just let Elliott eat his cake, she knew he needed it and she didn't want to be in his way. Glancing between them all, she could so easily sense the tension of not wanting to be that person who explained what was going on.

Being left in the dark always irked Kay. But she knew she was in no place to say anything. She just watched as they all practically now ignored her and John. She glanced at John with the expression of 'what now?'. She just had a feeling John would be more in a position to insert them into this crazy situation, than she would be.

John didn't like being left in the dark either, this whole situation was totally confusing and perplexing, even by his standards. He'd suspected that Elliott had been up to sonwthing for quite a long time now, but a vigilante group this organised? He hadn't seen that one coming.

He used this moment to take in the full expanse of the base. It was a dounle height room. The lower half of one wall was lined with mannequins, fourteen in total. Each mannequin had been custom made to represent a specific person. A little over half of them had suits on them. There was a bank of computer monitors to one side. The walls were tiled and soundproofed as were the floors.

A side ramp allowed for motorbike access, it must come out in the side alley beside Macs, he realised. On a slightly raised level was a workshop/garage/medical bay. Raised on a mezzanine level was a training arena and gym. The back wall was dominated by a climbing wall and ropes system that could be changed to allow for practice in different situations. A door led off to another set of room no doubt.

John was impressed. He had no idea this group even existed, so they must be good, and smart enough to cover their tracks. He looked at the male- Saito- on the table. So this was the mysterious watcher, or one of them at least. He then looked at Kay "now we start asking questions" He looked at Elliott and spoke loudly "Okay, question time. Elliott, I'm guessing you sent this guy to follow us while you were away. Why?"

Kay felt a little relieved in a strange way that she clearly wasn't the only one not liking being left in the dark, judging by John's facial expression and body language.

Like John, she looked around and was impressed by the whole place. It certainly explained just how good Elliott was when he trained her. Not that she felt John's teachings weren't a credit to Elliott's skills, but this was clearly a big part. Or so she thought.

She looked at John and nodded, "agreed" she replied to him. She was particularly interested in knowing the reasons for this Saito's watching of them. Then John led with the very question she had running round her mind the entire time.

"I wouldn't mind answers myself" she spoke up, her hands finding their way to her hips. The watcher at that one training night still plagued her mind even after all this time.

The four looked at John as he spoke. "Isn't it obvious?" A.J. smirked "he doesn't trust you not to do anything stupid when he is gone" "Seriously A.J.? How many times, that's not why." Elliott sighed, giving A.J. a scathing look. "But that does play a part." Grudgingly Elliott nodded "Yes, it does. John do you rememeber what happened when I went to Switzerland that time when I was seventeen?" "Yeeees. That was the time I got ambushed by that vampire horde and quite nearly corked it."

"It was only by pure luck that you didn't bleed out in the alleyway." Elliott nodded "And that would not have happened had Chas been watching your back. But he was on holidays with his family." "Realisation was beginning to dawn on John's face. "Ohh" he murmered his eyes widening "I only found two weeks later when I returned home. You're one hell of a lucky bastard, but one day that luck is gonna run out, and what then? Chas can't be covering your back all the time, and I'm not around that much. Last thing I need is to lose the only proper family I've ever had."

He gestured at the assembled people. "So I asked these guys to keep an eye on you when I wasn't around." "And we agreed to it, all of us." "And I'm grateful for that." He gestured at Saito "Sai did it most of the time, but the others covered for him when he couldn't. At first they kept hidden and out of sight, but then he started to make a game out of it, and eventually Chas noticed. You know the story from there I'm pretty sure."

Kay listened to the explanation and story and found herself looking between Elliott and John. She got the feeling that one example wasn't exactly the first time John cheated death.

Hearing what was said, it began to all make sense why the choices that were made, were indeed made. It seemed to Kay that John had a lot of people willing to keep him safe even if it may have seemed different to John.

"If you don't mind me asking, what about the guy watching you train me at the abandoned construction site? I mean, it was clear you knew them but if everyone agreed to watched John whilst you weren't around, why the watching over you and me?" Kay just couldn't keep the question bottled up any longer. She still didn't even know if John knew that's where Elliott would take her.

"Since it is all coming out, you might as well know." Elliott replied. "That was" "That was me." the blue haired woman interupted. "Array 1 was down, so I went up to fix it and install Booster 4 while I was at it. Literally nobody notices when an extra arial or six is added to an abandoned building. I didn't know Elliott was back until I saw him down there training you. Thought you were a new fish that I hadn't been informed about"

"She's not, but you've figured that out by now, no doubt." Saoirse added helpfully (or unhelpfully depending on your point of view.) Blue hair nodded, she'd figured it out. "But sometimes we follow you any way 'Lott. You sometimes do some pretty stupid stuff."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back