• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Rinaa's shipping container
Once again Jay gave nothing away. She knew Fia was telling the truth on everything, or at least what she'd been told was the truth. Lie detection was one of her many skills. She could see Fia's eyes looking for a way out or somebody to back up her story. "I know what she's doing on Attil, in both timelines. If you were expecting her back any time in the next ten minutes or so, you can throw that idea out the window, she'll be there at least an hour, and given the side effects of time travel she won't risk a jump back." All this was said in the same level tone as before. "Which leads to another question, that I doubt you know the answer to. How old is she now?"

Attil

John just shook his head at that. He couldn't understand how people could think food was a good idea for a trail. "Well, let's go then." He practically jumped up onto his feet again, already thinking of which direction was best to go in. Deeper into the city seemed like the best bet, he hadn't been in there and he was curious to see how it measured up to the bigger cities of Earth. Attil had the same gravity pull as Earth, despite being far bigger. It was something to do with the density of the material and the distance from the sun and the presence of the rings he'd been told.

Last edited:
Rinaa's shipment container

Fia sighed, of course Jay would know what she was thinking, she should have guessed from the Jay in her timeline. When the question of her age got asked, Fia wasn't hundred percent sure of the answer but she took a guess as she seemed the same age as herself. "I think around seventeen...same age as myself. That's the general guess anyway. She's not stated her age to anyone in the past." she replied. She handled herself well enough in the situation, but she wanted out of it as well. She hated that this Jay knew how to disable her enough to stop her from using her magic and her phoenix side. She also took umbridge still to having an iron knife held at her throat.

Attil

Nodding in agreement, Kay got up but not as easily as John did. Not because she was so heavily pregnant that it was difficult, but because she was being more self aware. It was getting to a point where the extra weight of her bump was making it.kore challenging, but it wasn't too difficult just yet. She was just slower. Like John, she was interested in seeing how Attil's city fared to some of Earth's. "Right..let's go" she said, dusting herself off before looping her arm through John's.

Jay nodded, her eyebrows scrunched together in thought. Time travel aged a person, but sometimes you only aged mentally and not physically. In this timeline, at the moment in time Rinaa would be seventeen (had it not been for the time travel). Rinaa's was always calculated by adding four to the number of years she'd been alive as she'd gone through an accelerated growth period from a bundle of cells to a four year old within the space of a couple of weeks in order to get the chimera matrix to stabilise. "I suspect she's older than that" was all Jay said, before sitting down on one of the armour boxes outside and began to clean underneath her nails with the dagger. The dog's lay down on the mattress and it was clear they intended to wait.

Attil
John retraced their steps, leading them out of the park and towards the heart of the city. Unlike the training base, it was built in flat land and as a result did not posses the tiered structure of the base town. The city buildings were laid out in a grid pattern akin to that of the US. Within the city there was a mix of architecture styles among the high rise buildings. Some were metal and glass beasts, others concrete monoliths and some appeared to be made out of wood. There were arches and columns and elegant cantilevered bits. Above was part of the city's mag-lev train system could be seen. It was located in the air for practicality as below ground was not suitable for a proper metro network due to the underground water system and the rock type.

Last edited:

Fia watched as Jay went over to the boxes and sat down, whilst listening to what Fia had to say. She watched as Jay took out a dagger and started cleaning under her nails with it, whilst telling her that she suspected Rinaa would be older than that. "I'm just saying the age she looks to me, that's it" she replied. She glanced over at the dogs who sat down on the mattress, seeing they had no inclination to leave if Jay was staying. "so I gotta ask, why are you here? And what's with the earlier dog appearance? And why disable me from doing anything when I've been nothing but honest to you?" She asked her.

Attil

Kay walked out the park with him and glanced all around her at their surroundings. She noticed instantly how it was laid out like the US, a system she knew all too well. She found the varying buildings amazing to look at, as she did with the train system above them and not below. Just from seeing the water duct systems from earlier, she got why they would have set the train system the way they did.

"Looks can be decieving"
Jay shrugged, flicking out a piece of dirt from under the nail with poised elegance. "In this timeline, its been exactly a week since Leah left. She packed her bags, turned in the keys for her student digs, quit her course, left the dogs in my care and said nothing to any of her friends. We all knew the diagnosis and knew she had two, maybe three at best years left, and we thought she'd spend them here, finish her duel honors, pass on her mantle and then go out with a bang." She chuckled darkly.

"Turns out we only got the last part of those thoughts right. If she's back here in this time, then it means she dies soon as she's back to tie up a few loose ends before leaving this timeline for good. I'm here because this is the last chance to see my daughter I'll ever get in this timeline. That's why I'm here. The dog was a distraction, you don't know the existance of this container, you shouldn't know it so I needed to figure out why and I wasn't sure if the proximity alarms were up. So I sent a dog in. And the last part is easy. I don't trust you whatsoever and I've got no intention of being the second Tziyen to get on the wrong side of pheonix flame."

Attil

John had to refrain from gawping at everything like a tourist. But he couldn't help making a quip and a movie reference. "Bloody hell, this is all very Inception ain't it? Though I can help but wonder if people illegally jump on the sky trains, y'know like on the underground, just with more danger in the equation." He was willing to bet that people with flying abilities would, but his remark was more wondering about whether this was an adrenaline rush thing. The mag-levs got up to very high speeds, shooting across the sky tracks, but as they neared the stations they slowed down to a more reasonable pace that could, in theory allow for jumpers.

Fia listened to everything Jay was telling her. She didn't take her eyes away from her to make sure she was ready incase Jay was to make any other surprise moves on her. As she explained about how much time Rinaa had, it reminded Fia of the time that Rinaa basically died temporarily before coming back to life. Then Jay said something that piqued her interest. The second Tziyen to get on the wrong side of phoenix flame? "What? What do you mean by the wrong side of phoenix flame?" She asked. She began thinking back to the scars on Rinaa, and the vague fire story she said that gave her her fear. "Did Rinaa...get attacked by this timeline's version of myself or mum?" She asked.

Attil

Kay noticed how much John was refraining from gawking at everything around him. "Can say that again, it really is very Inception." She replied to him. "It also wouldn't surprise me if someone has tried that, it seems to me that you'd get that kind of person on any planet" she added, continuing to look around everywhere.

Jay gave Fia a sharp look that could only be described as 'are you actually this oblivious to my meaning in what is otherwise a perfectly clear sentence?' She debated telling this Fia or not, she had no idea what this one's moral compass was like or how much of an affect this would have on her. In the end Jay just shrugged and decided to tell her. "Not exactly, a straight out attack would have sent your father right off the deep end. It was never figured out which one of you did it. There was a building, an abandoned one that she used to practice parkour in, believing that none of 'the family'" Jay's stance on the family was made very clear by the scorn in her tone and the viscious airquotes gesture. "knew where it was. Well that was wrong."

There was a dark look in Jay's eyes as she continued. "The building gets set on fire with pheonix flame while she's still inside and all the doors and windows become mysteriously locked. She gets out by throwing herself through third floor window, but not before her back, shoulders and upper arms are burnt so badly that in some places skin grafts aren't even enough. Her heart stops on the way to the hospital, she spends three days in a coma, two weeks in ICU, there's four separate skin graft operations, seven months of intensive nightmares, suspected PTSD and a permanent crippling fear of fire. We knew it was pheonix fires, all the hallmarks were there, John checked and rechecked. But there was no way to prove it."

Attil

"Gotta agree on that point, plus there's undoubtably one hell of a rush." Needless to say if they had such a transport network in London John would have spent his teenage years jumping dangerously one and off it. John nodded, following the tracks of the train in towards the heart of the city. The streets changed from commercial and office space, to inner city shopping district (with apartments above various shops). The range and variety was just like that of earth- clothes, food, books, far too many chain coffee shops, shops devoted to one particular novelty item. The only difference was the prominence of weapons and armour places, and closer to the cities spaceport a wide variety of ship mechanics. Attili cities all had a common trait of walkways and bridges suspended between higher building levels so that a person wouldn't have to go all the way down one building in order to go all the way up another.

This version of Jay was quite frankly scaring the crap out of Fia, but she refused to let it show on the outside. It made her feel so thankful that this wasn't the way the family went in her timeline and hoped to anything that would listen, that for everyone's sake, her timeline wins out in the end. She listened to the story and looked horrified when it came to the concluding part, and that John even confirmed it was phoenix fire. He must have been so angry at the both of them, knowing it had to be one of them. She was also horrified that this timeline's version of herself and her mother could be that brutal and disgusting. She didn't know what to say at first, finding herself completely speechless. "Jay..I... I don't know what to say. But I would never do that. In my timeline I get on with you and Rinaa..well, Leah. I don't exactly hang out with her but we're not at war either. She's learned I'm completely different to that version of myself. I've expressed enough times to her how I'd punch her senseless on principle of it wouldn't fuck up the timelines completely." She explained, and it was evident on her face she meant every word.

Attil

Kay nodded in agreement with John, looking around as they followed the tracks further into the city, and glanced around as she saw many many shops of various types. If it wasn't for the weapon shops darted around the city, and the bridge systems for the higher shops, she could have been fooled into thinking it was anywhere but an alien planet almost. "Utterly insane...on every impressive scale ever" she remarked.

John had lost his shit in spectacular style. The fact that both lied about it and tried to put the blame on Rinaa (who was in hospital at the time) made things even worse. Jay had lost her shit too, but had done so in a different style. She'd always carried iron, but she started making it more prominent and wearing iron jewellery too. The version of Jay that Rinaa was seeing was the cold, calculating version. This wasn't quite the fearsome assassin with bounties of several million on her head across various space faring civilisations, but it was a hell of a lot closer than the Jay Fia knew. The woman sitting in front of her was a barely contained ball of rage, nursing many, many grudges, but would do anything for her daughter, the only family she had left.

She took an enjoyment of sorts from seeing the shock, horror, disgust, loathing and sadness pass across Fia's face. She'd never get such a reaction from the Fia in this timeline. Yes it was cruel, but this world had been crueller. "Nobody ever does. As for punching her senseless? There's a queue." She shrugged. "I know there's other timelines out there, occasionally I can sense them, most seem to better than this one, but that's not saying much. This timeline is fucked anyway."

Attil
"Yep, I can see why this place is a big deal. It must have been crazy to see it being built. It's not just architecture, there's a hell of a lot of art and engineering here. Clearly more thought is out into building design here than back on Earth." The biggest thing for John was the lack of pollution, there were vehicles everywhere, but no cloud of smog and chemical slike the one that hung over Earth. Attil was far more sophisticated in green tech and engineering. The upper building levels were solar panel clad and street level vehicles worked on a hydrogen fuel cell system. In this area the mountain rivers were used for hydropower and there was wind farms located elsewhere.

Last edited:

Fia could tell that Jay was enjoying this way too much. All she wanted to do now was go back to past Attil and see the nice true version of Kay, not have this horrendous uncharacteristic version in her head. She didn't want to have to the other version of herself in her mind anymore. She knew this version of herself was a bully, but to go full on attempt murder just seemed incomprehensible to her. For both herself and Kay. She had also noticed when Jay was alot closer to her that she was wearing iron jewelry as well, and this whole timeline really did feel completely messed up. "That's an understatement and a half..." She remarked to the last part of Jay's reply. She was seriously regretting coming here now, and wished she just went to the forge.

Attil

"Oh for sure, the architecture alone is like a work of art, not to mention everything else." Kay replied, "I can't get over how clean the air is either. It's ridiculously clean" she commented, not realising that that was the biggest note John was making himself. She found herself noting the clean air because she didn't find herself every now then tasting the pollution in the air and having to think of unborn Fia in such a situation. Which made her briefly wonder how their kid was getting on with the deep clean out with Rinaa, before the thought just went from her mind as quickly as it entered.

Jay nodded, this was the first thing Fia had said that she one hundred percent agreed with. "Yep, words don't describe it. Being timeline sensitive makes it worse, feeling the better timelines out there and feeling the impending doom of the future doesn't exactly help matters either." As she spoke she twirled the blade between her fingers in thought, something she'd always done ever since she was young. By now the paralysis on Fia would be almost completly warn off. "But it mightn't be that way forever, if Leah's doing what I think she's doing, then there's gonna be some seriously pissed of family members, but if it works....everythung will change."

Attil

John couldn't help but briefly wonder if it had been the architecture and engineering fears that had attracted Rinaa to Attil. But he put that thought aside when Kay made her next remark, echoing his thoughts on the complete lack of noticeable air pollution
Obviously there was still pollution, but in far smaller amounts than before, with the technology in place to neutralise it. "I was thinking the same thing meself. I don't even notice it on London anymore, but when I can back I'm damn sure it'll be the first thing I'll complain about."

Like she did with everyone, Fia continued to give Jay her full attention whenever she spoke. Especially as she now she found out that if whatever Rinaa was planning didn't work she'd become that other her and that could make her lose her dad depending on how angry he got over things because of her and Kay's behaviour. She's almost lost her mother once, she couldn't bare the idea of losing her dad. "I don't want to know what she's possibly planning. I need to be left in the dark" she replied, just feeling something in her head telling her to stay clear of that topic. She felt the paralysis wearing off as she twitched her fingers, and managed to lift her hands and run them through her hair.

Attil

Kay nodded at John's comment. Like him, she knew it'd be the first thing she'd notice and probably complain about, and that's if she ever actually goes out initially, as she still hasn't forgotten the threat that will come for her the moment she's back on Earth soil. "Same here to be honest. I never really notice now the pollution but you can be damn sure when we're back it'll be the first thing we notice. Though if I'm on house arrest when we get back, you'll notice it more than me" she smirked.

"I wouldn't be telling you anyway."
Jay shrugged. She had no reason to tell this Fia or even to trust with any of this information about her daughter's life. She wasn't going to just start spewing out deep personal details about their lives in this timeline. She still didn't trust this Fia, but Jay didn't trust easily as a general rule, she'd been burned too many times. She saw Fia's fingers twitch as the paralysis wore off and kept a close eye on her, one hand reaching out to stroke the dogs, who made an appreciative noise at her touch. Jay was perfectly content to wait in awkward silence until her daughter came back.

Attil
"True, true." John had no intention of forgetting about putting Kay under house arrest when they got back. He doubted he could cope with her being in the real world whole pregnant considering what was coming after her. Elliott could have the apartment to himself, had John had a sneaking suspicion that he'd use it for gaming nights with A.J's crew or just nights in general with Jay. "But if you're really missing it, I can just park The House in the middle of central London and open a few windows." He gave a broad smirk as they turned the corner and made their way past a building that was somehow managing to be both pompous and understated at the same time.

Fia just found herself smirking at Jay's retort before sighing. She knew this Jay wouldn't let her go anywhere until Rinaa came back, and she got the strong feeling that if she tried to do anything, she'd go for her or set the dogs on her, and although she was a dog girl, she knew these dogs wouldn't take to her. In fact she wouldn't have put it passed either Rinaa of Jay to have taught them to attack her specifically if she made any kind of love they deemed as negative. This was definitely getting more awkward for her, knowing when she got back to Attil, she planned on isolating herself in the room she had taken up and just stay away from everyone. She didn't even think she'd be able to look at the other Jay in the same way because of this. She was penalised for something her other self did and had no control over, just making her feel even more alone.

Attil

Kay knew that if there was one John wouldn't ever forget, it was having her on house arrest whilst pregnant. She wouldnt have put it passed him actually go keep her on house arrest even after she gave birth to Fia just for a while to make sure they were truly safe. She smirked, rolled her eyes and chuckled all at the same time when he came back with what he did, "you're alright thanks...think I'll pass and leave that luxury for you" She said. As they passed the building in question, she couldn't help but look at it with a facial expression that could only be interpreted as a 'huh...that's err...interesting'.

As a matter of fact the dogs had been trained to attack anybody that Jay or Rinaa deemed hostile. They weren't normal dogs, they were a wilder more wolfish breed, intensely loyal and extremely smart. They knew that Fia was a dog person and that she wouldn't harm a dog, even if it was Rinaa's. After five minutes of sitting and Jay saying precisely nothing, her phone rang. She glanced at the caller ID then answered. "Jay here, no luck on your end then Chas?" Her tone had changed flawlessly to that of a concerned parent. A pause as she listened to what was being said on the other end. "As I suspected, if she's here, she doesn't want to be found." Another pause. "I'm out with the mutts, not searching, just exercising them." "If you get anything, give me a call before the others. The last thing we need is a repeat of last time." A nod, a brief goodbye and then Jay hung up.

Attil
"You sure on that? You'd really be missing out." John remarked, also pulling a face at the building. As they came near the front of it he translated the sign and suddenly it made sense. "No wonder that buildings having an existential crisis or maybe its architect was, its hard to tell the difference. Its the bloody courts, with some bit of government offices in there too." In John's highly valued opinion, there were prisons built with more charm and charisma than government buildings and court houses. This one was no exception to that rule.

Fia had no idea if this timeline's version of herself was a dog person or not. She could only say for herself. She hated this silence so much, so when Jay's phone started ringing, she looked up and rose an eyebrow when Chas' name got mentioned. She didn't think she'd miss her uncle, but all of a sudden she did. She wondered who they could be talking about, as she had only previously told Jay where Rinaa was. When the call ended she looked back down at her booted feet, not wanting to give Jay anymore eye contact for a moment. "Who are you trying to find? Because I've told you where Rinaa is" she spoke.

Attil

Kay chuckled, "yeah I'm sure. I think I'll survive without London's pollution" she said to him. She glanced to see John made a very similar facial expression to her at the building, and was glad she wasn't the only one who thought it was interesting to say the least. As they reached the front and John managed to read the sign and explain what kind of building it was, she nodded. "I see" she simply replied, not really finding any other words worth saying on the matter.

Jay rolled her eyes. "They're looking for Rinaa. Just because I know where she is, doesn't mean everybody else knows where she is or that I'm going to tell them anything." She said, before elaborating. "As far as everybody else is aware she just upped and vanished a little over a week ago now leaving no clues as to where she'd go or what she was doing. Predictably you father lost his shit unspectacular style, Chas lost it but in a more dignified and controlled way and I threatened them all with grevious bodily harm, despite knowing almost exactly what she was doing. I've got a reputation to uphold."

Attil

"Well the offer still stands, just tell us when, yeah?" John had to wonder as they passed the building if this was where Elliott's trail would be held, or if it would be on held in the training base instead. Cal was desperately trying to find out, in order to see who she could get on her side. But no joy so far. The next turn they took led them away from the courts into yet more shopping streets, but these were the small scale, more artisan places, splashes of vibrant colour and individuality amongst the more refined chain stores. The buildings were narrower as were the alleyways in between. It looked more like Earth than anywhere else so far.

Fia listened to what Jay told her, surprised she even got an answer out of her at all. She was half expecting the 'none of your business' line to come out of her mouth. Though with what she said, she did so see why Jay took the decision to leave her family looking constantly for Rinaa when she knew where she was. Surely there was a way of saying she got a clue at the container or something similar to ease everyone's minds. "so you're gonna just let them all go stir crazy trying to find her even though you know where she is? That's cold Jay..." She commented. She was probably starting to overstep her mark with the comment, but she couldn't bite her tongue on that. Chas didn't deserve being left out in the cold like that, neither did her father. "But I gotta ask...if this version of dad is out trying to find Rinaa..what's it's like between him and Kay and other Fia?" She asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Attil

"Sure, I'll let you know" she replied to him, knowing that at some point she would need some kind of air no matter what. Even if it was just through an open window. She too did wonder if that would be where Elliott's trial would be held or if it's be elsewhere but she had to tell herself not to worry just yet about that. That was something they'd have to tackle when it came to it. As they turned the corner and saw the artisan shops, she suddenly had memories of the Seattle and London side streets come rushing through her mind. It reminded her so much of the district that had all the art shops in. "These bring back many a memory of home" she commented, smiling as she reminisced. "All the best independent shops are down the side streets back home. Got some amazing deals on art supplies from them, not to mention amazing clothing" she smiled.

Jay rolled her eyes, she'd heard it all before and the words just rolled off her. "Well that's nothing new. That's what losing everybody you ever cared about does. A part of your soul dies with them. If you had a soul in the first place." Jay added darkly. It wasn't just a throwaway remark. According to legend Isogrii assassins lost their souls as they trained. "I'm not telling Chas because that phone was on speaker and your father was in the cab too. Smoking, I could hear it over the phone. And when they do find her, it's going to lead to the mother of all fights." Jay considered her answer to Fia's next question. "There's two way to answer that question. Without Leah or I present, it's a normal family dynamic, but as soon as either of us show up, well, it all goes to utter shit."

Attil

John noticed the change in Kay's attitude when they turned into the next street. He could see her eyes brightening as she thought back to her past. "Good to see these kinds of places are universal. Though I'm willing to bet that some are fronts for smuggling illegal goods. Back on Earth there's quite a few independents that have a side business running magical items and gathering information. There's also a place with an underground bar where you find the likes of Lucien and his pack or Andrew Bennett....vampire guy, quite annoying. Or Bobbo, he's pretty cool for a talking monkey, but not the point. Independents are cool, full stop."

Fia listened to Jay's first reply to her first comment. She saw her roll her eyes and figured she had been told that numerous times before. She believed though that somewhere, Jay still had a soul. It may be tainted with hate, but it was still there. She didn't dare say it however, finding it wasn't worth the snarky comeback that would follow. As for the second part, she listened more intently at the information. She should have guessed she thought that the phone would be on speaker, a trait that seemed Chas does in any timeline. Part of her wanted to know why it's break out into a massive fight, but the more rational and mature side of her knew that was a question that shouldn't be asked or answered.
Then came the answer to her question about her family and although the second half of it wasn't nice to hear in any manner, she was glad it didn't break her family apart completely. Though something told her Jay and Rinaa possibly hoped it would so Kay and her other self were left out in the dust so to speak. She just got that vibe from this Jay, that if there was a way to get rid of the two of them, then she'd take it. "If they're so bad...and I'm not disputing that they are, just to clarify that. How come you haven't used your assassin self to get proper pay back on the two of them?" She asked.

Attil

Kay was almost completely unaware that her change in attitude and in her eyes would be noticeable by John. She didn't even think about it, just enjoying the memories of going to her favourite art supply stores or book stores for art textbooks. For someone so observant, she could be so dense about people observing her own changes in body language. "that seriously doesn't surprise me, not now I'm well and truly in this world" she replied, meaning the world of magic and downworlders. "Agreed, they really are. There's nothing like going into an independent store. There's just something about them." She replied to him.

Jay had considered murder, torture and all manner of creative uses for iron when it came to Fia and Kay. Sometimes it had only been those thoughts that had gotten her through any family reunions. She had made it extremely clear that she had no problems doing such a thing. "You think it hasn't crossed my mind any of these past thirteen years? Believe me, I'd love nothing than to permanently solve this problem like that. And there's been plenty of slamming people into walls and holding knives to their throats." She tossed the knife as she spoke, her eyes glinting with a dangerous sheen that only backed up her words. "But I can't. I made a vow to somebody that mattered that neither of you three would die by my hand or on my watch while I'm on Earth. I don't break my vows."

Attil

"Never say never, believe me, there's some stuff out there that you wouldnt believe if I told you." The magical world was crazier than anyone could ever imagine. It couldn't be fully understood by one person. It was the ultimate manifestation of good, bad and everything in between. It never failed to surprise somebody, even those who had been immersed in it all their lives. "They just all have this weird aesthetic that's the same, yet totally different. Espescially independent book places. Those are undebatebly the best, whether they be based in magic or in regular books and lore."

Fia listened to what Jay was bashing and just from her tone and the way she threw the knife up and caught it, she knew there was no way Jay was lying about that. It actually made her subtly gulp at the very idea. When the mention of a vow came up, she could only imagine it's be either Elliott or Chas she'd have made that vow to, and her bets were on Elliott. "I'm guessing it was made to Ell?" She queried. She k Ew each question she asked she was treading closer and closer to the edge of Jay's patience and tolerance but she figured if she could keep her talking then the less scary she was and awkward the silence was.

Attil

Kay nodded with a smirk at his words. She didn't doubt that there's be something she'd would try and get him to at was a load of bollocks and he was lying about, but knew deep down what he said was the utter truth. She barely believed she was a phoenix at first after all. "I agree with you there. Seattle has some the best and most quirky independent book stores I've ever visited for both textbooks of the arts or various fiction." She explained. "But like that cafe I took you to? They're proper hidden away and definitely takes someone who knows the area to find it" she added.

Fia guessed right first time. It had been Elliott she made that promise to, all those years ago. They didn't know what was going to happen, his father had finally shown up and everything was happening so quickly and crazily. Jay had made the promise, one of the last thing she had ever said to Elliott. And she had kept it, no matter how much it hurt to save the lives of two people she'd rather let die. John was different, her attitude towards him was mixed. There was a time after Elliott's death where they spent hours in brooding silence, passing back and forth a bottle of vodka or whisky and smoking. No words were said, they just grieved. As a response Jay nodded. "Who else would it be." She replied in a tone of such level indifference, that it could only mean there was a whole torrent of emotions being suppressed beneath the surface.

Attil
John nodded, remembering the place well and the utter bollocks he made up on the spot. He was still adamant he could pull of Kay's hair colour. It mightn't suit him, but with a cocky smirk and a 'don't care, won't care' attitude he could make a damn good attempt at pulling it off. "Chas is the one you really should talk to for places outside London. He claims that all cabbies talk about is where to find the best tea, coffee and niche shops in their respective cities. Greater London is Chas' main stomping ground, but there's other he places he knows damn well. If you need to know anything ask a cabbie or a bus driver. They're better than the Internet. I think they have a hive mind, but I've been told that's utter bollocks."

Fia just nodded at her confirming it was Jay she promised to not harm this version of Kay or Fia. The indifference was feeling just as bad as everything else she was getting from Jay. She still was trying to wrap her head around the fact she was getting the crap her other self should have been. It was clear though to Fia that Kay still wasn't over Elliott's death and couldn't move passed the seeking initial grief. Or so it appeared to her. "I'm sorry you all had to deal with losing him Jay, truly I am...but giving me all this hostility isn't going to solve anything, I'm now her. I may look like her and have her name, but I'm not her." She said. If only Rinaa would come back then she could go back to people who didn't hate her gits and threaten her life with iron, and hopefully have Rinaa vouch for her.

Attil

Kay could tell he was thinking back on that day that had amused them greatly. She remembered leaving the cafe with them both laughing about hair changes and what they just did and said. As John was still adamant on rocking her hair colour, she was still curious to see what she'd look like with different hair colours and styles via wigs. "Mm, I can easily believe that. Chas is full insightfulness about many things. London is the one topic that's not surprising in the slightest" she replied.

Jay said nothing. The hostility was her form of self protection. She didn't want to talk about it, any of this. Fia was right in thinking that Jay wasn't over Elliott's death, and maybe she never would be. It had taken years to get over her brothers. Elliott was different, she saw so much of him in Rinaa, and she saw how much her daughter tried to suppress it, knowing how much worse it could make things. To see it broke her heart. "And I'm about to see my daughter for the last time before she dies, so I'm not exactly in a great frame of mind." Sensing her heightened emotional state the dogs moved over beside her. Jay was undoubtably a dog person going by the way she smiled and scratched them behind the ears. There was something right about seeing her surrounded by these large wolf dogs.

Attil
John nodded, smiling slightly as he began to speak again. "I'm telling you, if you're ever doing a pub quiz, or just playing Trivia Murder Party, Chas is the one to beat. He's got insane skills and knowledge about the most random crap known to humanity. Even with two versus one we can't beat him." He shook his head thinking back to the nights of him, Elliott and Chas playing an illegally downloaded version of Trivia Murder Party on the x-box, even though it wasn't designed for that operating system. Which led to some hilarious crashing and glitching. "Which gives me an idea, for when Cal and Cliff inevitably come and visit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back