• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Rinaa's shipping container
"Well that explains why my laptop search history is full of stuff on inheritance law and what exactly you can leave in a will."
Cliff replied as Jay just nodded. "Fair enough, wills are bloody hard to write, espescially when having to balence customs with the laws of multiple planets." It was a pilot thing to make a will as 'just in case' for when something went wrong. A copy was usually given to a trusted person/people in order to keep it safe. "The answer to that question is yes, we're clearing out all the storeroom, well except for the one Cal slept in, so just start lugging stuff outside really." Chas gestured to the back of the main forge room to the set of doors and arches leading into the storage rooms two had already been cleaned out, and they were working on the third. Once that was done they were going to attempt to get rid of the ash and dirt.

Attil, independent art shop
When Kay held up the sketchbook, John nodded in recognition. "looks just like the old one." It was almost identical to Elliott's old one, except that the cover is a different colour. But that was just a superficial detail in the grand scheme of things. John knew that different types of sketchbooks existed for different art forms, which was why he'd asked Kay to keep an eye out. Elliott stuck purely to pencils and the occasional pen. That was where his strengths lay. John entertained himself looking it parchment and papyrus, things he did actually know about. He couldn't believe that this store would stock such items, but evidently somebody had a use for them.

the forge

Just as Rinaa said, they took the information at face value and didn't ask any further questions which Fia was extremely glad about, even if she did hate the idea that she had to keep certain things to herself and not be able to talk what was on her mind. As the topic of what she could help with, she listened, looked to where Chas was gesturing toward and nodded. "Got it" she replied, feeling like she had said that far too many times during this one day for her own good. Walking over to the set of doors, she walked through and to the third storage room that still had stuff in it to be removed. Grabbing stuff and carrying it outside.

Attil, art shop

"What can I say? I got an eye for these things" she smirked. She actually appreciated the fact that he recognised this was hers and Elliott's expertise and asked for her help on something. Like Elliott, Kay did focus a lot on pens and pencils but she did have a good enough grasp on paints as well. She always made herself try every art form out there to be good enough at it she was could confidentally say 'i can do that'. She also did love painting every now and then, especially if she could get her hands on a canvas of reasonable size, put her headphones in and just go with the flow. She had been known to show up at home.or the dorm room covered in paint with a paintbrush in her hair that she had completely forgotten about. It was utterly cliché but at the same time so typically her. She noticed him looking at the different parchments and smiled to herself before heading back to the brush sets and paints. There were shades of colours not even she had seen before, which made her want to test them out. "This place is inspiring me so much it's crazy" she remarked.

The forge
The storage rooms were a mix of actual usable supplies, weapons and armour that were never finished for some reason or another and absaloute crap that had just worked its way into the room. There was broken furniture, bike parts, old rag t-shirts, scrunched up papers and bills, the whole shebang. With all (except Cal who was otherwise occupied) pulling their weight it didn't take more than an hour and a half of solid graft to empty that room along with the fourth and final storeroom. Outside Dan and Jay began the task of properly sorting everything, where as Cal, Cliff and Chas went to get drinks. For Cliff it was particularly important to stay hydrated. She was more succeptable to heat related side effects that the rest of them and chugged down four glasses of water straight.

Attili art shop
"It's insanely different to what we know, and that always has an effect."
John ran his hands over the parchments and papyrus, comparing weight, grain, method and texture mentally. He was running out of good quality papyrus, and using printer paper just wasnt the same, espescially when summoning something that was still stuck in the past mentally. He was also running low on charcoals and inks. Back on Earth he'd always found that craft shops had better prices and quality than any magic shops. Of course getting it direct from the source was even better.

the forge

Fia proved herself to be useful and able to carry a lot more than anyone would think she was capable of because of her tiny frame, not that she felt she had to prove herself too much. When it came for the break Fia stayed outside seeing no point in going to get the drinks when three people already had gone. So she awkwardly stayed outside with Dan and Jay. By this point, she didn't have her jacket on but she did have her cardigan on still, but the sleeves pulled up to her elbows without really giving it much thought about the one rune on each wrist, whilst she held her hair up for a bit to get some air to the back of her neck, again forgetting about her neck rune for healing. When the drinks came out, she gladly took a glass of water which she forced herself to not chug down like Cliff needed to.

Atilli art shop

"Very true" Kay replied, looking over his shoulder at the parchments and papyrus papers. "Guessing you need some more of this?" She commented. She remembered seeing some of it already used in his apartment, along with the tiny bits of charcoals and put two and two together. "I noticed near their markers and pencils they have various charcoals and stuff" she said to him, gesturing to where she was just moments a go.

The Forge
Everybody grabbed random pieces of junk and sat themselves down on it. All had stripped down to just t-shirts, their jackets hung on the hook inside. Dan easily won the completion for the most visible ink, both his arms were covered with various ruins and disguising inks. Jay's arms appeared unmarked, but they all knew that wasn't true. Seeing Cliff downing large quantities of water the blacksmith rolled his eyes fondly before making a remark in Attili that set Cliff off laughing and caused Cal to throw a piece of random crap at his head, which the blacksmith dodged easily. It was clear that Cliff was like a second adopted daughter to Dan. Seeing that Fia was the only one who didn't understand the remark, Chas filled her in. "He made the mandatory dirty joke about hot forges, hot pyrokinetics and wedding nights."

Attili art shop
"I always need more of this, espescially when it's the good stuff, made with the traditional methods, not mass manufactured stuff. John explained, making his selection, taking a few different colours and textures. "I never have enough charcoal, if it's not Elliott stealing it, then it used to be....... a friend, a psychic and an artist, who used charcoal as one of their prefered methods of representing what they saw." John explained, cutting off before he said any names, that was another rabbit hole not worth going down at this moment in time. "Anything to take your interest?"

The forge

Fia still found Dan's disguised runes fascinating but she want the type to just stare and gawk. She minded her own business. If they were anywhere else on Attil she would have been more careful about showing off her magical markings, but she knew everyone around her right now had seen all her markings when at the apartment, which would explain why she was a bit more relaxed and forgetful of hiding them. She wondered what was being said in Attili, so when Chas filled her in, she nodded appreciating she wasn't left out of the loop. "Right.." she just replied with.

Attili art shop

Kay listened with a smile, "well I think you're in luck here then. The stuff is great to quality from what I've seen" she replied, before listening to what he had to say about the charcoal, being able to tell it was a rabbit hole he didn't want to go down so she didn't pry. "Don't have to explain it with me, it's okay, I get it" she reassured him. "Yeah, there's some great paints, brushes and sketch book that's got my interest." she explained.

The Forge
Nobody would make any comment on Dan's runes, he'd had them since he arrived on Attil and they were accepted as part of him. Generally people didn't go near the forge unless it was for work or to collect/order something. It was just easier on safety grounds. "It's pretty standard style banter for us, this one" Cal slung her arm around Cliff "is practically the second adopted daughter, it's complicated." She smiled as Dan nodded." The more important thing is that it works, even if you are both absaloute pains at times." Dan's English was accented, but far better than he thought it was.

Attili art shop
John just nodded, thankful that Jay wasn't going to ask. He wouldn't have said anything outside of the fact that it had been a few years ago and things went very bad, as they tended to. "That it is, it's the real deal here. The....whatever exactly Cal is to me, don't even want to try and figure that out... She gave us plenty of cash, so buy what you feel like. It's not everybody who can say they have art supplies from a different planet." He finished with a smirk as he made his way over to inspect the charcoal and the deep, dark bottles of ink, which would leave nasty stains on clothing and fingers. There was also chalk nearby, which he decided he also needed as he could never have enough chalk.

Last edited:
The forge

Fia just have a small smile and nod at Cal's explanation. "I get it. You're telling this to someone who grew up with John as a father, weird borderline crude banter was pretty standard growing up. Pretty sure Chas can back me up on that" she smirked. She was slowly getting over what happened in Rinaa's Earth at the container, but it was still taking her some time. She rubbed her neck once more and as she pulled her hand away, checked if anymore of the ash burn was gone yet. She did find Dan's English I credibly good for someone who didn't have English as their native language. It seemed pretty normal to her that Cliff would be considered a second daughter as the marriage would make Cliff the adopted daughter in law in their weird way.

Attili art shop

Kay knew he'd appreciate her not prying. She's always sworn to never pry into parts of his past if he wasn't ready to disclose it, and she wasn't going to go back on that promise now. They built trust with each other on that promise and topic, so there was no way she was going to break that. Listening to what he said about the money situation, she had to chuckle slightly at him not wanting to attempt to figure out the relation between him and Cal. She had to match his smirk when he made his last little comment. "So very true!" She replied, kissing his cheek, and heading back to the supplies she saw, picking up some paints, a brush set that was basic but still good quality and a sketchbook. She did pick up a small basic plastic palette so she wouldn't have to use Cal's mugs or similar. Last thing she would want is to get her stuff plastered with paint spatters and make kitchenware unusable. She also picked up a couple of loose normal 2D pencils.

The forge
"It was standard right across our childhood, teenage years and the less said about the adults the better. I don't think even complete retrograde amnesia would stop that kind of garbage from coming out of him." Chas replied with a smirk. "Try having a twin" Jay snarked. "There is nobody on any planet ever who is more filthy mouthed, who makes the most innappropriate jokes, with just the right amount of personal barbs for it to be insulting yet hilarious than the person who is literally you, except in my case the male version." Dan raised an eyebrow at this comment, he was the only one who didn't know that Jay was a twin. Seeing the look she nodded and switched to Attili, delivering a rapid paced explanation to the blacksmith. He nodded at the explanation, and Jay passed over a photo as proof of this point. It was one the others had seen before when they had dinner together. It showed Jay and her brother leaning against their bikes laughing about something. The similarities between young Jay and Rinaa were startling.

Attil
John smirked, gathering up what he wanted, watching as Kay assembled her items. At some point they'd actually have to figure out who was who to each other with regards to this whole crazy extended family group. Once Kay had gathered everything John made his way to the back of the shop where he could pay for everything. The current shop keep had their feet propped on the desk and were idly sketching in a notepad. They looked student age and when they looked up the golden eyes confirmed they were a Devra. John chatted in Attili (the cashier didn't speak English) about the parchment as the bill was calculated. The purchases were distributed between various bags and the two re-emerged into the Attili street after almost forty five minutes in the shop.

the forge

Fia smirked at Chas' response to her words. She was almost forgetting her slight fears of the other Jay that was tinting her view of this one, that was, until Jay spoke. The smirk quickly disappeared from her lips, as Jay gave her reasonings of why having a twin was the worst, before explaining it to Dan in Attili. She could feel the burn mark had finally gone, and was glad she was already covered in a bit of dirt and ash that hid it a bit when it was there. She glanced down at her feet, before back up again as she drank the last of her water and putting the glass down.

Attili art shop/the city

Kay walked with him to the counter and gladly let John take over when it came to talking and paying for everything. She helped with the bags, taking the one that had her stuff in it, and walked back out onto the street. It didn't surprise her that that they spent so much time in there, as she could easily spend longer in art shops and had done back on Earth. Art shops were like book stores to her, once she got inside, it took a lot of effort to get her back out of them again. "What next?" She asked.

The Forge
Dan smirked, passed the photo back and responded with something that made Jay raise an eyebrow in surprise. "Wow really?" She asked, slightly skeptically as she regarded the blacksmith with a tilt of her head. "I'm not bullshitting on this, here." He pulled out his phone, located the photo and passed it over. The picture in the photo showed three almost identical men. They were the same age, height, build, same facial structure, same smile. The only think that differed was clothing, hair style and tattoos. The one in the middle was clearly Dan on the basis of the tattoos, but the other two couldn't be anybody except his identical brothers. "Well damn, you definitely have it worse, a triplet. And here I thought I had it bad." Jay smiled in amusement as the photo made the rounds.

The city
John re-emerged into the street, his eyes taking a second to adjust to the outside light. It had become considerably brighter outside since the time they entered the shop. "Dunno really" John remarked, looking around for anywhere that could possibly catch his interest. He still wasn't hungry yet, so either books or clothing seemed a good port of call. At some point he knew Kay would have to go shopping for more suitable clothes, but he wasn't going to broach that subject, far to awkward. "I need to get a new pair of boots at some point, the current pair are on their last legs."

The forge

Fia was curious to what was being said, until Jay said in English that Dan was one of triplets, making her now totally understand. As the picture made its rounds, she looked at it like everyone else did, smiled then passed it on just as quickly as she got it. It seemed that most of them in their weird group all had siblings of some kind, though she didn't think she'd meet so many people that were either a twin or a triplet. She didn't really have anything to comment on the whole topic, just sinking back to her silence for a little while.

The City

Kay was surprised by how much brighter it had gotten since they went into the art shop, but a couple of blinks later and she had adjusted to it. She wasn't particularly hungry yet either, so she let him look around to find something that would catch his eye. She picked the first store, so it was only fair he picked the next one in her eyes. As he said about needing new boots at some point, she nodded then glanced at her own clothing, knowing she's going to need new clothes too, not being able to live in this oversized shirt and make it work somehow. "Could do with more clothes myself. There's only so many ways I can make this shirt work" she smirked.

The Forge
Chas was the only person in the group to have no siblings. Cal and Fia had Elliott, Jay had her brother, Cliff had her four siblings and Dan had his two brothers. Maybe it was the fact that he was an only child that meant he and John had grown so close so quickly. The probability of their being two people with twins and one who was a triplet within a normal group of people was extremely low, but they came from far and wide, which bumped the probability up a bit. The conversation meandered around, mainly just relating old stories. With everybody suitably refuelled they went back to work. The tasks now was to rid the inside of the forge of as much dust and ash as possible, not an easy feat, but a necessary one. They worked from the top down, clearing the rafters and scattering soot everywhere in the process.

The city
John nodded. "Fair point and everything at my place is either more of this" he gestured at his shirt, trousers, tie, trenchcoat get-up "or Elliott's stuff, which is best left alone. He's still in the possessive teenager phase when it comes to clothes." That was partially to do with the fact that he and John were the same height and build so clothing was interchangeable between the two. There had been a time where Elliott had disguised himself as John in order to act as bait for one of John's crazy plans. It hadn't ended quite as planned, but it had been a sight to see Elliott doing his full on John Constantine impression. Looking around John saw a clothing shop further down the street, and they even had a display of boots in the window- the thick soled military/motorbike ones he favoured. "We can try there."

the forge

Fia joined in as much as she could, but she felt very limited on what she could talk about for fear of causing problems in the timeline. When the talking and break was all said and done, she got really stuck into the work of helping do the deep clean. Like everyone else, got covered in soot and ash but really didn't seem to care, as a good job done meant getting dirty in her mind. She had soot spread across her face and on her clothing, feeling glad she mostly wore black so it didn't show too much in comparison to if she was wearing a light colour. She even had a bit of soot in her hair which did show a lot, but it somehow looked like a weird form of a ombre dye job because it had gotten on the tips of her hair that she had tied up.

The city

Kay chuckled at him saying about what his clothes consisted of back at the apartment and Elliott. She somehow didn't take Elliott for the possessive type but also could see it all at the same time. "And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long before I wouldn't even fit in your shirts, even if I did borrow them" she laughed, because she really wouldn't put it passed her to nick his shirts to wear around The House, but she also knew if she did, knowing her luck and rate of growing, she wouldn't even fit in them. When he saw a clothes shop that seemed like a good try judging by the window display , she nodded. "Sounds good to me" she replied.

The Forge
It would take the bones of almost two hours to fully clean out the dust and spot as it was deemed that no was an excellent time to clear out the chimney. That consisted of Cliff freezing large slabs of ice to the inside walls of the chimney passage. Cal would them melt them sending a deluge of sooty black water across the floor which could be easily swept out the door. Jay ended up with streaks of dirty water on her face, hands and hair, as well as up her arms, which prompted various warpaint jokes. The others were hardly any better with stained hands and shirts. "We look a right state." Cliff remarked with a chuckle.

The city
"There is a point in that, and besides I doubt they be anywhere near comfortable." He replied, pushing his way into the store. The thought of Kay in one of his shorts was both weird, yet appealing to John. He shoved that thought firmly out of his head however, now was not the time. John knew his shoe size in Attili measurements thanks to the game yesterday and it was just a matter of finding a style that he liked and felt comfortable in. The shop was more orderly than the art store, and there was a definite system with clothes grouped by type. John made his way to the shoe section which was at the side of the shop.

The forge

Fia watched how Cal and Cliff tag teamed on the chimney to clean it out with fascination as she'd have thought of many ways to use her phoenix powers for mundane things but not to clean out a chimney. When it was clear that all of them were well and truly covered in crap, and jokes being made at Cal, she laughed, feeling a lot more at ease again. "We may look a state but it's not a good deep clean job if you don't get filthy" Fia remarked back at Cliff.

the city

When John said his doubts on whether they'd be comfortable, she smirked. "You'd be surprised, there's nothing more comfortable than wearing the other half's clothing" she pointed out. She walked into the store with him and looked around to find a section for clothes that could fit her, putting into mind that'd she'd need to go up a few sizes no doubt so they'd last a while before needing to buy more back on Earth. She found a section of women's clothing, let John know where she'd be and went to look around. There wasn't much that was catching her eye for a while, but eventually found a black and white striped jumper that went to large sizes and took a look at the largest size they had in stock. It certainly fit her general style and would work as a maternity piece, so she kept a hold of it. Her next plan was to find more leggings or jeans, whilst staying in eyeshot of John so he'd know where she was. She did not fancy getting lost.

The forge
Cal and Cliff had always sought to find everyday uses for their powers with mixed results. Pyrokinetic were extremely useful in places like forges, which was part of the reason that Dan had decided to take her in, that and the fact that she had a natural affinity with the work. The others nodded. "True, true" Cal remarked looking around at the practically gleaming floors and wondering how long they would last. "Unless it's a computer deep clean, that's the only exception I can think of." Cliff replied, leaning back against one of the anvils. "So what's still left to do?" "Let me think.....bringing back in the usable stuff from outside, restocking all the side room with new material supply and getting rid of the broken crap." Dan had to ponder his words as he spoke as he was trying to ensure he'd miss out on nothing.

The city
John rolled his eyes. "Easier for you to say than me." Even with oversized clothing, he doubted he'd be able to fit comfortably into any of her stuff, the size and body shape meant it just wouldn't work properly for him. John nodded when Kay indicated the general direction she'd be in. He perused the shoes, looking for something plain, yet still had an edge. He did find a set of really nice combat boots with large buckles and steel toes that looked like something he'd have worn back his punk days. (He'd still wear it now, but he was reminded distinctly of his past self). There was also a more understated pair with thick soles and material that would definitely be resistant to corrosive demon blood and any other substance he'd encounter on his way.

the forge

Fia had to nod in agreement with Cliff's reply about a technological deep clean. That really was the only exception she could also think of where you wouldn't get absolutely filthy but still get a lot done. She looked at Dan when he listed a few things that still needed to be done and it all seemed relatively easy enough to accomplish compared to everything else. "Seems simple enough" she replied, figuring the best course of action would be to get into groups and each do a separate thing. "I guess we could split into three groups and each take a task? It'll get done quicker that way" Fia suggested.

the city

Kay kept looking around, finding herself to being a lot more fussy with what she liked than she ever thought she could be. Before being pregnant she'd just grab what she liked easily, nice design? Grabbed it. Slouchy or fitted? Didn't matter, just grabbed it. Now she had so many factors to think about it was proving a pain for her to find something. Eventually she found a pair of textured leggings that had enough stretch in them they'd last a while, so she grabbed them. She just felt glad she was always moat comfortable in thick leggings than anything else normally. Though she made a mental note to think about some jeans and converse at some point for comfort.

(Not currently wearing but the items she wants to get. I have a few clothing options for her pregnant months lol!)

Attachments

• 0062127151dbfa7f1d4fca8525234080.jpg
    0062127151dbfa7f1d4fca8525234080.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1
The Forge
"It's simple, just long" Cal nodded in agreement, this wasn't her first rodeo. They did a forge deep clean every two years and they were overdue one. Dan felt that just because everything else was going crazy it wasn't an excuse to abandon the deep clean and Cal was thankful for that. It was a relief to do something normal for once. The numbers worked perfectly, three people who knew what they were doing, three rookies and three jobs to be done. Dan grabbed Chas for the disposal of old the old and broken stuff. Cal nabbed Jay for restocking duty and that left Cliff and Fia to do the haulage. Cal and Jay yelled out what was needed and Cliff and Fia would find it and bring it into the forge.

The city
John couldn't sense this fashion dilemma (and he wouldn't want to either). In the end John decided that both pairs of boots were necessary in his life, the current pair were in a truly awful state, as were his converse. Foot wear was the one thing he and Elliott could share, but they always blamed the other for the intense odour of foot that seemed to haunt particular pairs of shoes. For the sake of convenience John paid for both pairs of shoes had them bagged, then made his way over to where Kay was debating clothing choices.

(thanks for the reference pic!)

The forge

Fia was perfectly fine with the group decisions and gladly went with Cliff to do the hauling of good stuff to be brought back inside for Jay and Cal to restock the shelves. She listened out for what was wanted, looked for each item quickly enough and brought it over and repeated the cycle over and over again. She didn't mind the hard labor work, but she would be glad for the shower when they got back to the apartment later on in the day. She definitely thought they all worked for it. Her thoughts briefly went to wondering how Rinaa was getting on, but then they went to that other Jay and decided to quickly shake them from her thoughts to ruin the newly returned good mood she had. she still couldn't fully look at this Jay in the same way she had been doing the last few days but she was determined to get there.

the city

Kay looked up when John made his way over with his newly purchased shoes, clearly seeing he had much better luck than she was having. "Hey" she said, keeping hold of the jumper and one pair of leggings. "I won't be much longer, think I got what I could find, but debating if I need anything else" she told him. She did find a couple of other bits but was just wondering if she should think about getting anything else now or later. She didn't want to take the piss. The other pieces she found were baggy ripped jeans and other jumpers, along with oversized t-shirts with skeletal hands on them. She still wanted to be her even though she had to think of practicality. "I'm debating about these but not sure" she showed him the other options.

Attachments

• maternity casual.jpg
    maternity casual.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
  • maternity home wear.jpg
    maternity home wear.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 2
The Forge
The work system was slick and efficient between the four. Anything that Fia didn't know, Cliff could easily explain. Cal knew the stocking and storage system like the back of her hand and Jay was a fast learner. With the rooms restocked, Cal turned her attention back to creating the set of armour. Once again she used her pyrokinesis to aid her in the shaping and melting of the metal. It was quite a sight to see Cal bend metal seemingly with nothing but her bare hands and Cliff was very much enjoying watching the whole process. Jay was enthralled by the process for different reasons (although she had to admit that Cliff's staring was totally justified). Cliff passed over the finished armour pieces for the Jay and Fia to look at. It was a silvery metal, thinner and lighter than first expected, yet still strong. There was no ornamentation of any sort, but the skill of the maker was clear.

The City
"Take your time, it's not exactly like we're in a rush to get anywhere." He replied. At the next remark from Kay he shrugged, having absaloutely no clue what would be considered a good or a bad choice in this situation. All he could say on the matter matter was; "you're asking the wrong person for advice, just go with whatever, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work." It wasn't like the clothing was a big investment anyway and the fate of old or unwanted clothes in John's life was rags for cleaning off demons blood, or human blood, or serving as a makeshift bandage until something better could be found.

The forge

Fia managed to figure out a lot of the stuff, only asking Cliff a few times what things were, but it didn't hold up the pace they had all managed to pick up. Like Jay, she was a quick learner in things which she was incredibly thankful for being. when it was all done, like the others, she watched Cal work for a bit whilst sitting and taking a moment to herself. She didn't sit too close to Jay, but that was pretty normal during the day. When Cal was finished she didn't even hesitate to look at the piece, amazed by the workmanship.

the city

Kay nodded at him telling her to take her time. She knew they were in no real rush, she was just used to having people nag her to hurry up. Granted, it had been years since that, but she was still used to hearing if she was with anyone. She also was used to having to be quick even on her own as most of the time the clothes she had were stolen when she was living on the street. "I'm not used to being able to take my time I guess" she said. She listened to his other reply and nodded. "Okay...it's just weird having to think ahead with clothes and not just whether I like it or not" she chuckled sheepishly. "I'll go with them too then. I just don't wanna take the piss ya know?" She told him. She was also realising the irony of the one chosen jumper that has 'iced coffee' printed on it considering she couldn't even drink said drink at the moment. That was probably deep down why she was drawn to it, because it was ironic in her situation.

The Forge
One of the suits of armour was fully complete and neatly packed in a custom built storage box, similar in style to those Rinaa used to store her armour. The pieces were kept wrapped in cloth soaked in special oil and arranged in a specific order to allow the wearer to easily put it on. The suit in the box was Cliff's Cal explained, and it had been made with blue and ice-white detailing around the end of the arms and legs as well as some fainter ornamentation on the shoulder pieces. The suit she was working on was her own, which would be made to the same basic shape, but with different ornamentations and colours. She explained that it had taken her years to learn the necessary skills, but Dan had been patient teaching her. Any questions Jay or Fia asked, she was perfectly willing to answer.

The City
John could see where she was coming from on this, there was far more that needed to be taken into account than with a usual shopping trip. When Kay decided after much deliberation John made his way to the cashier, who recognised him from his earlier shoe purchasing. John had warned them that he would be back. He paid, using the cash he was finding himself ever more grateful that Cal had given it to them. There was enough room in the existing bags for Kay's clothes, so they were carefully packed in. Exiting the store, they once again found themselves on the footpath.

The forge

Fia noticed the similarities to what Rinaa had her armour in. She listened to all the explanations about why it was wrapped up in the manner it was, understanding the reasons why and finding it seemed like common sense now it was pointed out. She continued to listen intently to everything that Cal was saying, about how long it took her to learn and the like. It was all actually fascinating to her, even though she didn't really have questions come to mind.

the city

Kay walked to the cashier with John so he could pay for everything she picked out. She too was thankful that Cal gave him the cash so they could have a normal day out together. She made a mental note to thank Cal when they got back and all met up with each other again. She exited the store with him, looking down the street wondering what to do next. "Now to find something else to do" she remarked.

The Forge
"So how much would a suit like this cost?"
Jay asked, returning the pieces carefully, treating each piece with the respect and care it deserved. "As in, a custom job, with this minimalist detailing that only emphasises how crazy talented the creator is." Cal tipped her head to one side and considered. "There's no set price, obviously the taller and broader the person, the more material needed and thus the more expensive the suit. And it depends on gender too, the male form is simpler with less variety in terms of shape when compared to the female form. At least three and a half thousand as a starting point factoring in materials and labour." Jay raised an eyebrow impressed at the price but not surprised. "Well damn. But I imagine it's worth it for plate?" Cal nodded. "One hundred percent."

The city
John looked around him, foot traffic had picked up considerably in the area. Various people were lounging on the steps in front of buildings eating and chatting, just like they would in any major city on Earth (weather permitting of course). "I say just wander around until either we somewhere interesting or get hungry." John checked his watch, keeping an eye on the time, they'd agreed to be back at the forge some time between two or three, they still had plenty of time, but he was conscious of the fact that it was a long walk and they'd be laden with shopping bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back