• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

The robotics/medical facility

Fia noticed that Rinaa had gotten the tune she was humming stuck into her head. Smirking to herself, she watched out the corner of her eye as Rinaa muttered under her breath and then started typing out words and short lines. Fia's curiosity got the better of her and she looked over discreetly and saw from her humming, Rinaa was coming up with lyrics and different chord structures to the original little tune. She could tell just by reading the music where the random tune she was humming was still in the base of what Rinaa was coming up with, but how much if had grown into something completely new. She didn't remark on it, knowing how why Rinaa was about her song writing capabilities, remembering from the chat they had on the fire escape.

The Apartment

Kay just listened in on the conversation between John and Cal over the book he had found and began to read. She recognised the tone of Cal's voice as that of a fan of the book straight away, mostly due to her own tone being pretty much the same when talking about her favourite books. Fiction was one thing she could literally talk for hours over if it was about the right piece. With the news of said book being a series, it didn't surprise her that they had been turned into a film franchise. It usually happened in her opinion, just not always well, like John implied.

"Guessing you got the films then?" She asked, joining in on the conversation in the only way she knew.

Rinaa's music was loosely based on what Fia was humming. The basic structure was the same, but she'd taken it to a minor key in her mind, and as the verses developed, a darker edge began to take shape. It had become common for her more recent songs to have a darker edge after she'd been bitten and discovered that she was terminal. She could sort of imagine it in her mind, where the stresses would go and where best to put dramatic pauses. There was two particular phrases that she ended up highlighting for the chorus."Time swirls around me and I stare into the void." "Out there I wonder, do you think of me, like I still think of you?" She then caught sight of Fia taking one of her discreet glances and reddened dramatically.

The apartment
Cal nodded "yup, I've got all of them on disc, with the directors cut, commentary and all sorts of extras on them. And I dragged these two." She gestured at Cliff and Dan with one hand "to the midnight release of all of the movies." The blacksmith disagreed with a shake of his head and a tut. "It's the other way around, I dragged both of you to the first movie." Cal sighed, and conceeded on that. "Okay yes, you brought us to the first one, but after that I dragged ye all to the rest." Nobody raised any objections to that version of events. "So what's the idea?" Chas asked. "Culturing you people in good, gritty, Attili action films with violence, chase scenes and a really badass protagonist, and getting my brother caught up on what he missed. It'll have to be subtitled though, there's no English version."

Fia looked up at Rinaa when she realised Rinaa had noticed her glancing. Seeing her get embarrassed, she felt a tiny bit guilty for looking. "Sorry. My curiosity got the better of me. It's really good what you got so far." She told Rinaa. She wasn't going to anything but seeing as she got embarrassed and notices Fia's glances, she figured she better say something. She intended to leave it at that, unless Rinaa said something back that warranted a reply.

The Apartment

Kay smirked at Cal's reply, it was something she half expected a die hard fan to say. She found herself chuckling at the banter about who dragged who to the midnight showings of each film. It really showed what a family they were which was really heartwarming for her to witness. The moment the mention of the films were brought up and then the mention of an idea, she had a feeling it would be of making them all sit through the films in a marathon. Something she would be perfectly okay doing. It wouldn't be her first time watching a subtitles film. To her it's be another case of watching world cinema. "Fine with me" she replied.

Rinaa wasn't fully happy with what she'd cone up with, it was only a splattering of thoughts on a page so far. It needed refining, and practicing with guitar in order to check if the rhythm matched the ones in her head. "I would say it's not a big secret, but that'd be a total lie." The 'it' referred to her song writing. "It's not quite right yet though.........and I can't tell if it's going to be about a group of people or some kind of love ode for one in particular. I might split it to two separate pieces altogether, I dunno yet." She spoke quietly on the thought process ramblings, not used to showing this side of herself to the Fia she knew.

The apartment
That remark was mainly aimed at Kay, as the rest of them all had a suitable grasp on Attili to not merit subtitles. Dan gave his nod if agreement that he was definitly willing to be a part of it. "Oh count me bloody well in. And I doubt Jay or Rí would have any objection either." "It does seem like the kind of thing that would be right up their alley." Cal agreed. "Wise choice on the subtitles or I'd be needing a translation every couple of minutes otherwise." Chas replied. "You're not that bad, and besides it's easier to listen and understand than it is to speak." Cliff remarked. "Well that settles that then" Cal looked at her watch and sighed, noting the time "and I gotta go."

Fia smirked at the comment a out it being a total lie. She didn't even need to have said that for Fia to know. "Sure, it needs refining and such, but that's the point of the process. But from what I can see you got a good thing going. Whatever it's going to be about of who" she replied. She always liked to live by the saying "it's not the destination but the journey" when it came to writing music. It's just how Fia was, she found sayings of quotes that originally had nothing to do with anything she was into, and somehow manages to make them apply. This was no exception. Sure, the final product was always satisfying to hear or see, but she would just get that itch to start all over again with a new project, and she was pretty sure she knew that Rinaa would get that.

The Apartment

Kay had a feeling John would want to be apart of it and watch the film's, even if it would risk the whole spoiling the book. But then again, she didn't know how he stands on that whole debacle. She personally would never see the film adaptation of a book if she hadn't finished the book. She'd only do it if she's not read the book at all or had completed it. She had this thing about spoilers, not to mention she'd find herself going back to the book then getting annoyed at what was written because she'd have the film version in her mind changing the original text's descriptions. It was a conflict thing. "I'm used to watching world cinema back home so subtitles don't bother me in the slightest anyway" she commented before Cal announced it was time for her to head to work.

Rinaa knew exactly what Fia meant. The same principle applied to any of her prototypes. It was the journey, the turning of an idea from a crazy thought into a feasible tangible object. It was about the mistakes and the remakes along the way, and the tests that lead to the gag reel of mistakes she had on her drive. She applied that process to music too, but it was more about the finished product, being as ble yo use it to evoke an emotion in herself and in others, to convey what she really thought through another medium. "In the words of an idiot friend- its about the gag reel, the bloopers and the story behind the shit rather than the shot itself."

The apartment

After Cal's sigh, Dan looked at the time too. It was best for him to get going as well, there was work to be done. "I should go to, the forge isn't going to operate itself". He remarked, before carefully picking up the blade from the table, rewrapping it in the shirt and leather offcuts before concealing it in a bag. Cal extracted herself from the couch (and Cliff) giving the latter a kiss goodbye. The two headed out, the door banging shut behind them. John picked up the book again, flicking open to the page gé stopped on, fully intending to finish it before the day was out. Chas raised an eyebrow at this, before smirking. "Now there's a sight and a half."

Fia nodded with a smile, in complete and utter agreement over what Rinaa replied with. "I totally agree with that" she sniggered. "I love the finished product of making music, but I find so much joy is going through many trails and errors to get there. It's that that creates the memories" she said. Or at least that was the case for her. She didn't have any gag reels to look back on or listen to, but she did have her memories and that was good enough for her. Though she was pretty certain someone in her family no doubt had filmed her working out new pieces, when she thought she wasnt being watched.

The Apartment

Kay just sat where she was when Cal and Dan both mentioned how they needed to leave, as it meant she could stay out the way. When they both left, she moved from the arm rest to the proper part of the couch. Looking up she saw John pick up the book where he left off earlier in the morning and smirked at Chas' comment about it. "I woke up to find him reading it, and already a fair way into it by then, so it's definitely safe to say he's hooked" she laughed slightly.

Rinaa didn't have video or audio clips of the trial and error process for her music, the only thing she had for music was the word documents with phrases and possible chords. But when it came to her mechanics work and lab work, there were many, many tests clips including ones that somebody had chopped up and added stupid music to. "I won't tell him you agree with that, last thing he needs is an ego boost" there was fondness in her voice, and sadness in her mind, as she knew she'd probably never see these friends again. Turning back to the computer she added "I might have some absaloutly hilarious fails on this drive." She began to scroll through the files, hitting the jackpot quickly enough with the file 'Test clips- fails'. It was all videos, each with a date, an official title and who was operating the camera at the time. There was one particular one that made her smile. 'Jet boots test 5'.

The apartment
Chas smirked at that. "Trying to give me a run for my money eh?" He'd fully expecting John to give him or Kay the finger for making such remarks, but instead John went a different route. He adopted a posh stuck up British accent and shot back with. "Yes I am. Despite what you people may think, I didn't just crawl out of London's arsehole you know. I am a man of class and sophistication with standards who likes nothing more than reading a good book." As he talked back he added in some of the gestures and facial expression of the mega rich. Chas snorted at that, as did Cliff. "I object, you definitly came crawling out of London's areshole, kicking, screaming and swearing."

Fia laughed at her little remark about not telling her mate. Yet she could hear the varying tones of fondness and sadness. Luckily in her mind, it didn't create any awkwardness as Rinaa changed the subject to what she might have on the drive. She scooted her chair around so she could see the computer more face on, rather than at an angle. Seeing Rinaa smile, she knew a good one was found. "Let's see then, if you're good with showing me that is" she commented, enjoying the chance to just get along with Rinaa.

The Apartment

Kay smirked at Chas' added comment after her little bit of information she gave, and like him, she was expecting John to give them the middle finger or something similar. So when he put on the pish accent and said why he did, she tried so hard not to laugh, but she couldn't and just laughed anyway. Especially when Chas replied with what he did, "John if you're a man of class and sophistication, then I'm the Queen" she retorted, just about able to keep the laughter at bay to say it with a straight face. She didn't know how she could keep a straight face saying it, as she was the furthest from ever being royal.

Rinaa had no problem with showing this particular clip, even though it would show a completly different side to her, one that has all but vanished. "Yeah it's cool. This particular piece of kit was a custom commission and since I was closest in weight, build and foot size to the client, I was the test pilot." She explained, biting play and adjusting the sound levels. The video opened with a shot of a wide field in the middle of nowhere, a short distance was sixteen year old Rinaa, hair tied back in a pony tail. She was wearing a large pair of clunky jet boots and arm thrusters, pulling down the steam punk goggles.

"This is the Fac 53 crew. Rocket boots test number five- manned flight" came a voice from off camera. "Let's go iron man" Rinaa smirked, referencing Mark Watney's iconic line in the Martian. "Engaging to half power in three...two....one." The count was measured, scientific. The heel rockets fired on cue, propelling Rinaa upwards, at first she was unstable, but quickly figured out the controls and began to put the rig through its paces, dives, mid air stops, spins, hovers. All was going well until somebody off camera took things too far. "Dodge this Mark Watney!" came the call and a blast of blue vibrational waves came from off camera, slamming straight into Rinaa sending her tumbling out of control, spiralling across the sky head over heels. She crashed into a tree a few hundred metres away, the camera shaking in and out of focus as the camera person ran over to assess the damage.

The apartment
Kay being royalty was like John being the Pope, so completly stupid and utterly untrue it nearly reduced him and Chas to laughter. Chas was going to join in with his own remark, something along the lines "Well in that case I'm God". But he only got as far as "Well in that case I'm....." before Cliff beat him to it with her own jab at herself. "Well if that what ye are, then I not only do I have perfect hearing but six different pairs of ears." It was clear from her tone that she making a joke at her own expense and Chas and John started laughing at that, quickly causing Cliff to join in. It was infectious.

Fia listened to the explanation of what the video was about and involved. When Rinaa played it, Fia watched intently, smirking every now and then at what was being spoken and was impressed by Rinaa's control until the blue waves came barrelling into her, sending her flying. Fia laughed but did the kind of laugh where she covers her mouth in shock at the same time. "Oh damn!!" She couldn't help but react in between the sniggers.

The Apartment

Kay just smirked at seeing she almost made the two of them laugh at her remark, even if she was aiming to properly make them laugh. She couldn't even believe that remark herself and she's the one that said it. She was curious to what Chas was about go say, but Cliff got there first and when she said what she did, Kay like the other two burst into laughter. She always hd respect for people who could laugh at themselves, and Cliff clearly could do that with no problem.

(Sorry for the delay, I never got the notification that you posted on my phone lol)

Surprisngly Rina had no issue with people laughing at her engineering fails, espescially since this one was due to sabotage. She could see Fia's shock tá the sheer stupidity of it. The camera mic hadn't picked it up, but there had been some vicious screaming of "ashoooooole" as she spiralled into the tree. "It's not over yet." She remarked as the camera stabilised and angled upwards into the tree to show Rinaa tangled around a branch. "Hey Tem....you okay?" asked the camera person hesitantly.

As Rinaa moved to respond the motion unbalanced her and she fell out of the tree in the most undignified fashion, hitting pretty much every branch between her and the ground. It was a spectacular achievement completly lacking any kind if grace or finesse. She faceplanted with a loud thud. "Ya I'm good" She flashed a thumbs up, before turning over. "....definitly.......pretty sure I'm fine....maybe........oww." With every successive thought she became less sure. A hand reached down to pull her up, she gripped it, pulled herself up and in one smooth motion smirk and flipped the owner of that hand over her shoulder, causing them to slam onto the ground. With that came the laughter and the clip cut off.

The apartment
The laughter lasted for ages. It was the kind where just looking at somebody else set them off again. But eventually they composed themselves into some sembelence of fully functioning mature adults. "Well you got us beat with that one." Chas smiled. "where would you even put six pairs of ears?" Was what John took out of that. "In my professional opinion I'd say....two pairs on your head, a pair on your neck, a pair on your forearms and a pair that pops out of some random appendage at inconvenient moments. But a better question is why?"

(its cool, happens to all of us. Its technology trying to take over the world one RP at a time)

Fia kept watching intently and sniggered at the state of Rinaa in the tree all tangled up. She then winced as Rinaa fell out of the tree in the most undignified manner possible but still chuckled at it. It's how she reacted, even if she was concerned for someone, if they fell over (or she did) she first reaction was to laugh. As she flipped the person over, she smirked thinking how smooth that come back was. "Brilliant" Fia commented.

The Apartment

Kay eventually composed herself from all the laughter. Cliff definitely had them beat on her little quip, there was no denying that one. Though when John asked the question of where six pairs of ears would even go, she rose an eyebrow. Sure, it was a question that would be valid, and she wasn't exactly surprised he'd ask it. Of all the things to say in response his mind went down that road. Then came Cliff entertaining John's mindset by replying to the question with a in depth answer.

"Don't encourage him. He's worse than a kid" she said chuckling. She meant it with love which her tone conveyed, but she still meant every word of it at the same time.

( Lol so true )

Rinaa remembered that day well, she'd had some seriously bruised ribs, but the actual flying had been insanely fun. A process she'd love to repeat some time with a more compact system that prefrebaly didn't require her hands to be involved in steering. She'd love to be able to swoop around with a sword and terrify the shit out of people. But that didn't stop her from visibly face-palming seeing for the umpteenth time just how undignified she had been falling out of that tree. "As I said, my friends are idiots. Considering he thought it was good idea to go and launch breacher blasts at me and not expect there to be some kind of disastrous consequences. But I got him back good though."

The apartment

Cliff smirked at that, nobody in the room could deny that John had a childish streak, hell they probably all had one. "Can't do that I'm afraid, I'm a doctor, kind of goes with the territory, and mention of anything vaguely to do with a body and we're off." Chas then answered with his take on the question of why. "To have more places to hang earrings?" "Yes that's exactly how evolution works, let's not add something useful like tougher skin, or better eyes or gills" She popped her own up at that, the chevron flaps neatly rising from her forearms and neck. It didn't look as strange as John thought a grilled person would. "Let's make somewhere for more piercings and more places for people to stick stupid things up." She quipped sarcastically.

Fia chuckled, "idiot friends are better than no friends" she commented. She didn't clarify on her reasons for saying that, but there was a tone to her voice to say she was talking from some kind of experience or something similar. Fia wasn't one to talk much about her private life outside of how her parents raised her. But there were things she did miss out on such a having a group of friends and such. It was the penalities of not going to a normal school or college, like Rinaa did. There was too much fear of her being taken to risk it.

the Apartment

The moment Cliff said she couldn't do that, Kay just smirked. At one point or another they all no doubt would have an incredibly childish moment. Hell, even she has her moments of saying 'yahtzee' like a kid when she finds something she's looking for or would like her tongue out if she couldn't win an argument. When the conversation kept going on about why, she just laughed. She wasn't phased by Cliff's gills opening up on her arms. She actually thought it was pretty cool. "That's men for ya...think of the stupidest things" she quipped jokingly.

Rinaa could hear something in Fia's tone about friends, and got the sense that her cousin...aunt had had a very different upbringing to the one of the Fia she knew. Sure Fia in her timeline hadn't gone to proper school, but that didn't stop her from sneaking out and finding her own little posse of friends. And at a certain age Kay couldn't stop her from doing it, so it became the norm for Fia to be out with her group. Which just so happened to contain some people that Rinaa's had personal issues with. "But no friends is infantesimally better than hanging around with a posse of bullies, even if it mightn't seem that way." Rinaa had spent a good portion of her childhood moving around, so she was always the new kid, and learned to find some kind of group, pronto.

The apartment
Cliff could relate to Kay's statement, even if she didn't swing that way. "Oh I know." She sighed over dramatically, before continuing with a fond tone to her voice. "I've got three brothers, one older, the rest are a good bit younger. I sometimes wonder if they have a single brain cell in their heads." Chas raised an eyebrow at that, before Cliff smirked and continued. "But then I remember that they kind of need a brain in order to be that stupid, so it's all good at the end of the day." "Sisters are hardly any better, they seem to divert all their braincells to slyly manipulating you for their own ends. Or using you as an excuse to get hammered." "Yep, sisters can be bitches sometimes, I've got one of those too." "I feel like such an only child" Chas remarked.

Last edited:
He robotics/medical facility

Fia had to admit, Rinaa hd a point there. She could t imagine hanging out with bullies and condoning such behaviour. Growing up with knowing all kinds of things wanted her and her mother, and preferably dead, or as a living weapon, she didn't want to be associated with bullies. "You got me there. I wouldn't want to be associated with bullies at all." She agreed, so seeing if the Fia from her timeline did do that. She did sneak out, but she didn't really get to know people.

the Apartment

Kay listened to what Cliff said in reply to her comment. She could only imagine what growing up with brothers would be like. She also agreed to John's comment and smirked at Chas' comment. "As much as I love my sister, being an only child had its advantages." She said. Bringing up siblings made her think about Sam again, and made her miss her so much more. She remembered back to the time she told John about the Halloween party Sam dragged her to, showing him the photo of the two of them, and her in that caution police tape dress.

This Fia was vastly different to the one she knew, thw more they spoke, the more obvious it was becoming. And Rinaa knew the cause of this particular metamorphosis. And it wasn't just limited to Fia either. Without realising it, she began to rub her temple, the precursors of a headache coming on. "Nobody ever should. And besides there's an easy way to sort them out. A box to the face or a knee to the balls usually does the trick. Show them you're not easy meat and they back off." Rinaa had met her fair share of bullies. But being trained in various fighting skills from a young age made things easier. Once kids (and teenagers) knew she wasn't to be fucked with things went far better.

"If you want to find the cool people, the Underground Artists Open Mic is the best place, it's slightly illegal, but since when has that stopped anybody?" It wasn't an overly pushy suggestion, or even a very noticeable one. But Rinaa had a feeling it might be the kind of place this Fia would fit right in.

The apartment
Chas was an only child, which was probably why he'd spent so much time with John as a kid. They weren't any of that "We're so close we're like brothers" crap. They were mates, for better or for worse. It was a strange friendship, but a strong one. "I got this one" he gestured at John "instead of a sibling. Don't suppose I can get a refund anywhere?" He asked, earning the finger and a vicious scowl from John (though he knew it was a joke). Cliff meanwhile had pulled out her phone and brought up one of the most recent photos of herself and her siblings, and in it, they just so happened to be brawling with each other. They were all cut from the same cloth- tall, athletic (from a life of daily swimming and diving) with varying shades of blond hair. They spanned a range from about nineteen to just under thirty. Cliff was in a headlock by the oldest brother. They were all dressed in t-shirts and shorts and were knee deep in water.

Fia smirked and sniggered at Rinaa's comment on how to deal with bullies. It certainly would solve a lot of possible days of hell. Just as Rinaa could see how different Fia was to the one she knew, Fia could see the differences in Rinaa go the Leah she knew. They werent as extreme as Fia's differences, but they were there. She took on board what the suggestion was about finding the underground open mic nights to hang out. It did seem like her kind of thing alright. "Sounds interesting and something up my street for sure" she replied.

The Apartment

Kay laughed when Chas asked if there's a way of getting a refund on John and John's reaction to it. She knew John wouldn't take it to heart as she knew their friendship was ridiculously strong. She then looked toward Cliff when she pulled out a photo of her and her siblings, taking a gander at it. Looking at the scene in the photo, it was definitely obvious they were all siblings and not just because of facial features or anything of the like. "That's an awesome photo." She commented smiling.

She has one photo she always carried around with her of herself and Sam together, but it was in her jacket pocket in the other room and she couldn't be bothered to go get it.

"Yeah I think you would......if its a thing in your timeline of course."
This was the problem with alternate timelines, she could only assume that certain things had stayed the same. "I'll assume it is, for arguments sake." Rinaa conceeded. "Friday evenings, in the abandoned Tube station, you know the one that gets closed in 2018 after that terrorist attack? Its boarded up, but the back way has been jacked open and is no the entrance in. Its a pretty random group of people. And it's not just music, they have street art, dancing, and use the place for photography, the edgy black and white shots of urban grit. Also serves as a vigilante bolt hole to avoid the cops." Rinaa may not have spent a lot of her early years on Earth, but as a teenager she'd moved back for her internship and to work at Kane. It had taken her a while, but she'd come to grips pretty quickly with the underground scene, seeking it out as soon as she could.

The apartment
Cliff knew the whole getting a refund thing was a joke. She'd used it before, mainly for her own siblings when they did something dopey. "Yeah, it is" She smiled in agreement with Kay. "But you have no idea how hard it is to find a normal photo of us all. We're either squabbling, pulling faces, asleep or it's from years ago and we're school uniform and bored. Or those awkward formal photos where you have to pose like a mannequin." Chas got the photo last. "You're the one in the headlock, I take it?" He asked, as Cliff's hair wasn't purple in the photo. "Yup, the water on my homeworld has some weird chemicals in it that act as hair dye stripper."

Fia didn't fully know if it was a thing in her timeline, but after Rinaa mentioned about if, she was definitely going to go see if it was a thing when she went back to her timeline. She listened to the details of how to get there and it's location, knowing exactly where Rinaa was talking about. "I know the spot. Good to know, thanks, I'll check it out when I go home for sure." She replied to Rinaa. She did need to get out of the place more and and meet people. She hated not really knowing anyone for herself, and only knowing her family's friends. The only person she could remotely call a friend was Trish. Even then, she saw her more as family than a mate because of Chas being the uncle figure in her life.

The Apartment

Kay laughed a little at her comment about it being difficult to get a nice photo of her and her siblings all together. She knew how hard it could be, maybe not to the extreme of Cliff's, but she knew. She figured anyone with siblings would have known how difficult it could be.

"I got an idea of how hard it could be. I may only have one sister but she's a handful. The kind of person who wants photos all the time but always pratting about in them or trying to make me 'lighten up'." She explained, a fond smile on her lips as she spoke about Sam, remembering all the times she was forced into a photo session.

The conversation was cut into by a loud bleeping noise from the machine. It had finished printing the parts. Though they still had the scrap around the edges that made it easier for the machine to print. Rinaa has split the deign into parts for practicality. "They're lookin' good, just some refining needed, before I can solder it together properly and probably sound kind of adjusting to make it actually sound like a violin." Rinaa reached in, carefully removing the pieces with her gloved hands, turning them over and inspecting them for any obvious flaws, finding none. She slid off the chair, slapping a sticky more into the monitor and removing her drives, then led Fia to the practical workspace, nabbing a face mask and sander along the way.

The apartment
Cliff could see clear as day how much Kay missed her sister, but she didn't pry. In her mind it was really none of her business. "Sounds like somebody you shouldn't put in a photo with John's sister."Chas remarked. Sheryl was notorious for corrupting every photo she was in, just like John was. "Oh Hells, that's true, she's almost as bad as me. Remember photobomb shots?" He asked, and Chas groaned loudly. "All too well, espescially dragged both your drunken arses home for the night. Judging by how smashed ye were you must have ruined every selfie taken in the bar that night."

Fia's attention turned to the printer when it made the loud sound to alert them it had ended it's printing. She stood out the way so Rinaa could get to the printer and pulled out the pieces. She instantly got why Rinaa did it in the different parts. She listened to what Rinaa said, and nodded. "Cool. The whole tuning and sound adjusting I can do when it comes to it." She told Rinaa. She also wanted to truly be apart of this project.

The Apartment

Kay smirked fondly at the conversation of them remembering Chas dragging their asses home after photobombing strangers photos. She remembered the night when herself and John made the pact of trying to do their best in not letting Sheryl and Sam ever meet because they'd be on their toes in the worst possible way if they did. "We've already discussed that Sam and Sheryl are to never meet if we can help it" she smirked. "It'll be bad enough if John ever meets her." she added.

Rinaa would have needed Fia to do that anyway, she had no idea what a violin was supposed to sound like. "Course yeah, though you'll have to wait a bit once I've soldered so the joints can set." She put on the mask and began to sand away the rough edges and extra pieces to the approximate shape, stopping every so often to check the progress and to removes the dust. She'd thrown her jacket over the back on a nearby chair. She was utterly at ease with the tools. The finer sanding was done with actual paper specific for the particular alloy. The came the polishing, and finally the soldering. Rinaa's hands shook slightly as she lit the flame. She could repress her fear enough to solder and weld, because it wasn't an oxygen burning fire, but she wasn't completly over it by a long shot. She worked slower with the iron for that reason, her fear just present enough to hold her back.

The apartment
John nodded vehemently at that statement. He remembered the pact well. He'd told Kay a few of the disaster stories from when he went out drinking with Sheryl, and she'd seen the photos on him in her tiny leather mini skirt. But that was just the beginning of it. And Kay had told some of her stories of days gone by, and they'd come to the unanimous agreement that the two should never ever meet. "And if they do get the alcohol as far away as possible."

Cliff excused herself up to the mezzanine to call her family, explain that she prefered to do full body holo calling as it made communicating easier for her. John propped his feet up on the table, and started reading the book again, while Chas dug out another newspaper and crossword.

"Of course" Fia simply replied to Rinaa's comment. She didn't think it would happen before she was done doing what she doing. She was watching Rinaa intently as she worked, finding her so talented. When it came to the soldering, she did notice how Rinaa changed in demeanor and work style because of the fire needing to be used. She did admire Rinaa for still working with a flame when she clearly had such a fear of it. She didn't say anything but she just noted it.

The Apartment

Kay sniggered at the final comment on it, nodding greatly. "Oh for sure. Sam is unstoppable when drunk and an even bigger flirt to anything in a skirt" she commented. She noticed how the men went back to either the book or crosswords, as Cliff went to do her private hologram call to her folks. She took this time to go get her own book from her bag, before walking back into the living room and sat back on the couch, opening her book. A photo of her and Sam was being used as a bookmark, having forgotten she took it out of her jacket pocket to do so. She gave it a fond smile before tucking it to the back of the book, it's image just about poking out the top and began to read.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-06-08.26.01.jpg
    PicsArt_01-06-08.26.01.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back