• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"The faster the better, I need to buy some stuff along the way, including more breakfast." Rinaa didn't need to explain why, everybody in the room knew that a side ffect of her DNA being rewritten was that she had to vast amounts of food to prevent a black out which would lead to her internal organs shitting down. "You got money?" Jay asked from her position on an old crate. "Yup" Rinaa popped the 'p' on that word, an old habit making a resurgence. "I fix up bikes and ships in my spare time, pays well, espescially when the reason for them getting into such a condition needs to be kept schtum." Jay gave a nod of approval at that.

"Of course she would. Are you only marrying me for my ability to heat up your unhealthily large quantities of coffee?" Cal smirked, taking the mug in one hand and casting a mock glare at her fiancé with the other. "Oh that's totally the reason. I'm only marrying you to use you as a personal kettle Callie" Cliff agreed, putting her feet up on the coffee table. In the background Dan gave Chas a look of 'this is what I have to put up with, after finally getting this one to stop being totally oblivious.' Cal set her hand aflame, having long ago mastered the art of heating up liquid without needing to look at it.

"Guess we will indeed." The tiles on the bathroom walls meant that John couldn't hear that the conversation had turned to English, let along hear it all.

Fia acknowledged Rinaa's request to leave sooner rather than later and she had no qualms with the plan. She watched as Cal heated up the mug whilst doing banter with Cliff. Fia smirked at the two of them finding that neither were any different to their future selves in her timeline. The banter remained which made for a more comfortable settling in for Fia. It meant she could feel welcome better and not feel like a complete and utter stranger. When Cal would be done with the mug, she'd take it and head back to the bathroom. "Thanks Cal" she expresses to Cal, knowing that pyrokenetic powers were much quicker than a kettle would have been.

Like John, Kay couldn't hear the conversation going on the main room, yet she didn't mind, as it meant she could focus on getting over the day's sickness moment. Kay then looked down absentmindedly, taking in the realisation she was starting to show already.

"Remind me why I'm marrying you again?" Cal retorted back, only for Cliff to launch into a long and extensive list in Attili. Cal kissed her cheek and laughed, then began to heat the mug. "Eh its cool" Cal replied, handing the mug back, no need for a heat warning, Fia had the genes to resist it, just like she did. It was no bother or drain to simple mundane tasks like that with her pyrokinetic powers. Even if Fia could have done it herself, it was nice to contribute in some way. "And besides, the kettle is almost completly banjaxed, somebody threw it out a window last week." Rinaa did a double take at that, nearly falling ife her perch, but catching herself in time and making an excellent recovery.

"Why would anybody do that?" Jay was far more composed about the matter, though her interest was just as piqued. "It was a weird night, somebody had the bright idea to see how far we could chuck ice balls out the window, and somebody threw the kettle instead. We have weird friends." "Oh I know, but then again, don't we all?" Vigorous nodding came from the direction of Chas and Dan.

Fia took the mug, smirking at the story about how the kettle went flying out the window before she walked back to the bathroom to find her parents still on the floor where she left them. She handed it to Kay, "here, and just to warn you, for hot drinks don't use the kettle, it's not working coz it went out a window last week." Fia said, as Kay took it. The heat of the mug as nice to hold, as like Fia and Cal, she was resistant to it. To anyone else they'd have scolded themselves badly on the mug. "Thanks kiddo and good to know." Kay said, taking a sip, without blowing on it first. "I've been given the time's running out warning for heading out with Rinaa, so I best sort myself out if I'm not needed?" Fia spoke, letting them know she would be out soon.

"That's fine, I don't need anything else" Kay replied to her. "So go sort out that rats nest on your head" she added with a smirk. "Urgh! I've already had the remarks from Rinaa..I know..I get bad bedhair." she rolled her eyes replying. "I'll see you both later, keep her fed and hydrated dad" Fia then smirked before swiftly exiting the bathroom so she didn't get a towel thrown at her or something for her 'parenting of her parents'.

"Of course it went out the bloody window from the eighth fucking floor. Why doesn't that surprise me?" John sighed, thankful that when they had been drinking hot drinks the other day Cal had made them with her pyrokinesis. It probably would have exploded and showered him boiling water. Not how he wanted his morning to start. "But thanks for the heads up." It didn't surprise John that Rinaa had got there first with some kind of acidic comment or another. It was just how this version of her rolled he was beginning to realise.

"Ya, ya, ya" was John's response to Fia's remark. If it had been his own house he'd have thrown something, but it wasn't, and he really didn't want to break anything important. When Kay was finished recooperating from her morning pilgrimage to the bathroom, he'd follow her back to the room or the main living room, wherever she chose to go next.

Fia just smirked at John's reaction to the whole kettle flying out a window comment. She figured it was best to say something, as she didn't want someone (mostly Kay) getting hurt in the process by trying to use it. Leaving the bathroom, Fia went into the room she had slept in as her bag was there and rummaged through it to grab a hairbrush she always carried with her. It took her a good ten minutes to get through the knots in her hair, or as Kay had described it- a rats nest. When her hair was done, she just changed her vest to a clean one, and shoved her jacket and hoodie on, slinging her bag over her shouldwrs before reuniting with everyone in the main room. "I'm good to go when you are" she said.

Kay smirked bat Fia's snark and John's decision to brush it off in his own little way. She knew if they weren't guests he so would have thrown something at Fia for it. "That bloody kid" she chuckled. She took a few sips of her hot ginger water, before she felt she could get up off the floor and head to their temporary room. She kept the mug in her grasp the whole time, walking into their room and picking up her hoodie she wore the night before.

"Which is now" Rinaa had her own business at the 3D printers, not exclusively Fia's violin. The other teenager was dressed in the same boots and jeans as before, accompanied by a t-shirt with cannon trajectory diagrams on it. She grabbed her leather jacket from the spot on the wall hooks, slinging the two lanyards around her neck and the satchel over her shoulder. "Keys, money, passport, ticket, ID, phone, thermonuclear detonator?" Jay inquired from her spot, an old joke she jarde with her brother, one she handy used in years. Rinaa knew it well, it had become their way of saying 'bye' in the future. "Always" she flashed a thumbs up before heading out the door. Once outside the flat she made for the external stairs down to ground level.

John didnt make any response to that, just shook his head with a smirk as they made their way back to the room. He grabbed the tie and shoes from where they lay, pulling them onto the respective parts of his body.

Fia waited for Rinaa to grab her belongings. She noted the t-shirt design and thought it was actually pretty cool. It wasn't that different from the things the Leah of her own timeline would wear. She hoped after the night before that her few hours with Rinaa won't be too difficult to do. When she was ready, Fia followed Rinaa out the apartment and down the staircase to the ground floor.

Kay felt like John didn't need to say anything for her to know he got what she was implying by her little remark, and his head shake and smirk just showed her he agrees with her. Putting the mug down for a moment, she put on her hood and pulled on her own boots, before picking up her mug again. "Time to be sociable" she said.

It was physically impossible for any version of Rinaa to see a metal stairwell and not vault at least part of the way down it, no matter what ridiculous weight of bag she was carrying or how tired she was, there was always a reserve of energy for the purpose of stairwell vaulting. And this one was no exception. She grabbed the railings and swung her way down to the ground floor. Once Fia had reached the bottom, Rinaa led her towards the main city area of the base. Along the way she made a few stops, one to buy chocolate, another to pick up some books she'd ordered, before finally turning into a small smoothie/juice bar kind of place, tucked neatly below one of the stairs that led to an upper level of the rim city. "You want anything?"

"Yeah, before they think we've died in our sleep or something." He sauntered out into the main room, where everybody else was gathered. The blacksmith was there too, and with the better lighting he too could see that his runes were more than just tattoos. "Well stranger, missed me?" He directed the question at Chas, who responded, as he always did. "Not in the bloody slightest mate." The cabbie replied.

Fia just smirked and rolled her eyes at Rinaa vaulting down some of the flights of stairs on the way down. She could have done the same thing but she was too tired for it and just couldn't be bothered. She definitely got her lazy streak from her mother when it came certain things. She walked with Rinaa through the street to the places that were needed, gladly tagging along as this was more Rinaa's territory than it was Fia's. When they stopped at a smoothie bar and she was offered a drink, Fia took her up on it. "Sure cheers, I'll err..." She started to say as she looked at the menu before deciding on on something, "I'll have the mixed fruit smoothie" she told her.

Kay just smirked at his reply, and followed him out into the main room to find everyone except Rinaa and Fia there, which wasn't a shock to her, considering Fia did tell them she was heading out. She chuckled at Chas' typical and usual reply to John, in between sipping her drink. "Missed me though?" She chimed in, with a little smile.

(Just giving a heads up now, I don't know how much I'll be on tomorrow as I'm heading to the birds of prey premiere and don't have that much data left on my phone, but will respond when I can)

Town centre
This particular smoothie bar was part of chain and one of Rinaa's future haunts, and as a result she had a loyalty card. The only problem was that it was a future design that hadn't been printed yet. So she grabbed a new one instead, slightly miffed as she was only one point away from a free drink. Rinaa ordered for both of them and spent the few minutes while their orders were being prepared perusing the noticeboard. It was the usual stuff, lost pets, posters for fundraisers, notices about couches for sale or rooms to rent, as well as the obligatory poster for the local open mic night. She scribbled down the date and time on her wrist, maybe she'd go and watch it.

The apartment
"Nope" Chas smirked. The opposite was true for both of them. He had missed them a bit, but it had been nice to get away from it all for a while, even if it was just to the forge with the blacksmith who had a very chequered past. There was no free spot, Cal and Cliff were hogging the couch (it was their house so they felt entitled). Dan was in the armchair, Chas had pulled up a chair and Jay was sitting on a wooden crate that had been converted into a sort of pouffe. The only options were to plonk himself on an arm rest, or pull up a chair of his own. John chose the latter.

It was Dan who spoke first "I figured you'd all want to see this." The English was for Kay's benefit, he wasn't fluent, but it was decent and accented in such a way that it made him sound like some kind of Viking or Nore mythological character. He reached down to beside the chair and passed over an object wrapped in an old shirt, which itself was wrapped in leather. From the shape and weight, it was obvious that there was a sword underneath it all.

(thanks for the heads up! Enjoy the premiere)

Town Centre

Fia waited with Rinaa for their drinks, and from the way she grabbed a loyalty card, she presumed Rinaa was a regular. She too looked around at the noticeboard at everything, noticing how Rinaa made a note of the open mic night. She didn't say anything as music was one of the touchy subjects between them, even if it was their perspective timeline versions of each other mostly. She wasn't oblivious to know that would carry through to here and now between them. Fia looked at the lost pets posters and felt sad for those people who were looking for them. In her timeline, she didn't have any, but when she was out she did secretly look after a stray dog that she found. She'd sneak out and visit the dog where she kept him in a warm abandoned shop, near their home. She actually started to miss the animal.

The Apartment

Kay just rolled her eyes at Chas' quick witted reply to her comment, she should have guessed he'd play that card on her as well. One day she'd get a yes out of Chas after him saying no to John, she was determined. She knew though he did care about the two of them deep down. Kay took the only other available space left which was an arm rest of the couch, despite the fact she could have easily just sat on John's lap without shame.

When Dan spoke in English for her sake, she appreciated the effort he went through to do so. She noted his accent and thought all kinds of things, mostly how unique and amazing his accent was. She kept it all to herself as he brought out the wrapped item, that was clearly a sword. She wondered if it was THE sword

Town centre
Rinaa liked both dogs and cats equally. Cats had gone off her once she'd been bitten as if they could somehow sense the change going on within her. By the time her noticeboard perusal was finished their orders were called up. Fia' was one of the sweeter drinks available, a rich orange-amber in colour where as Rinaa had gone the opposite direction to the bitterer end up of the spectrum. Her particular favourite was a dark pink-purple in colour and was called 'bitter berries'. It was an acquired taste, and Rinaa had acquired that taste years ago. "Let's go" Rinaa passed the drink over, grabbing a couple of straws on the way out. She led the way towards the main ship bay area for the base, the robotics lab and hospital were located nearby, and like Cliff had, she pointed out that or was for convenience.

The apartment
John thought that Dan did indeed sound like some kind of Viking, even if he was missing the giant beard and battle armour (though he didn't doubt that the latter was somewhere). English was definitly not his first language, or even his second, so the effort was appreciated. He wondered what the blacksmith could possibly have to show them, but then when he pulled out the leather shrouded John knew exactly what it was. "Is that..?" He started to ask in Attili, only for the blacksmith to cut him off with one word "Yes". John took the bundle in his hands gauging the weight. This was it, this was THE sword.

Jay hadn't known it was here, and came forwards to watch as John unwrapped it, careful not to touch the weapon with his bare hands. The blade was slightly too long and too heavy to be comfortable for John to use, but that was because he wasn't trained in the finer arts of sword fighting. The blade was beveled at the edges. The hilt, unlike the others in the forge, wasn't wrapped with any kind of leather gripping, it had been left bare to expose the engravings, a mix of runes and spirals that continued up, wrapping around the cross bar and onto the blade itself. Unusually it was made of a darker metal, the engravings picked out in reds and silver. And there, crusted onto the blade was Elliott's blood, it was closer to dark amber than the regular red of human blood. "It's beautiful." was Jay's take on it, she knew good craftsmanship when she saw it.

Town Centre

Fia took her drink from Rinaa when she said about heading off, long with her straw as Rinaa grabbed them, putting it into her drink and giving it a try. It was really good and she could instantly see why Rinaa would love it there. She followed her to where they needed to go, listening to what Rinaa was saying about the area, finding it was very cleverly thought out and really quite impressive. She then realised this would be where her mum found out she was pregnant and thought it was cool she got to see the general area of where they found out she was to be.

The Apartment

Kay let John take the sword as he suddenly realised what it was that as in the wrapping. She didn't need to understand Attili to know he asked if it was indeed the sword. She could tell from his tone and facial expression that's what he asked. Seeing him unwrap it, she marvelled at the beauty of it. She couldn't believe something so beautiful would be used for something so horrific. She nodded in agreement at Jay's words. "It really is" she commented. "Shame its beauty has been tarnish by the act it was used for" she remarked. She wondered what feelings John would be feeling holding it in his hands, knowing how much he wanted to see the sword that hurt his adoptive son.

The robotics/medical facility
Rinaa headed around the building towards the side with the hanger doors for spaceships. The back yard was where the ships were taken in and out for repair, but also where people went to get their bikes or other tech things fixed. The mechanics were a mix of young and old, learner and apprentice. She swiped both cards, the one that identified her as Artemis Taylor- an official student who'd transfered to the uni for a while due to family matters- and the card that would give her access to the equipment and materials. Inside she grabbed a guest lanyard and a pair of goggles for Fia. Rinaa had her own pair, a set of steam punk inventor ones that just somehow worked with the mowhawk. She led the way to the lab, which was expansive and full of machinery, there were others students around, one or two she recognised from the day before. "You want a whole new violin printed, just a structural frame, or both?"

The apartment

John noticed the darker hue of the blade, an usual choice of metal. There was no denying the craftsmanship in it. He could see the blood, recognising it instantly as Elliott's. John knew without being told why Dan hadn't cleaned the blood off the blade. It was for the same reason that he had wrapped it. He couldn't bear to touch the blade after what had been done using it. "It's a ceremonial blade, hence all the aesthetic effort. The name is paradoxical, it's fully usable as a weapon, its just more ornate than a regular blade. It's the only one of that particular specifications ever made." Dan explained. "A blade is a blank canvas, shaped and efined by the actions of those who use it. So yes, it is marred, possibly forever." There was a sadness to him at that, it was a beautiful blade, and shouldn't be languishing under a flagstone. But it would need a new owner for that, and Dan knew that it wasn't the blade for anybody in the room.

John had no idea how to feel with such a weapon in his hands. There was the anger, the awe, the sadness and more. He'd seen Elliott's scar when it had healed badly, into a scabby wound borderline infected. Any longer and it would have disfigured his whole face, not just that stretch. It had been one of the first things he'd done, cleaned the wound, and as healed as much of it as magic would allow. It still scarred, but in a neater line. He turned the blade over, not touching it with his bare hands, just looking at it.

the robotics/medical facility

Fia followed suit, taking in the whole area and being amazed by everything and everyone. So much talent in one area, she thought and she noted the other name Rinaa had on one of the cards but said nothing on it. She had her reasons for the name and Fia didn't need to pry. She had learned the night before that it was just better not to pry into Rinaa's personal business. She took the Google's and guest lanyard, putting both on without question. She continued to look around feeling that the students here were incredibly lucky to have access to such technology. Though, she didn't really know what kind of education system was like at all. So she was probably biased in her thinking it was amazing. "You can do both? Dayum! Let's go for that! It's be nice to have it to play and train with if I can whilst here." Fia replied.

the Apartment

Hearing Dan explain in agreement to her little comment about it being marred from its use, she nodded. To her it was like anything else that would have been made for one purpose and then tarnished with an action it was not meant for. She watched John inspect the blade without touching it with his bare hand and she could see the varying emotions flash across his face. Normally she wouldn't have seen it but she felt she learned to read him better and the bond alone helped with that. He had every right to feel every emotion toward the blade and what history it now held.

Rinaa could see Fia's wide eyed awe at everything. Robotics and mechanics lab always looked impressive due to the sheer volume of stuff around. And this was an alien planet with far more advanced tech than that on Earth. But even for a robotics/mechanics lab, Deke's was highly advanced, and Rinaa had found herself in awe over it quite a few times. She rolled her eyes at what Fia said, but it wasn't meant in a malicious way. "Oh I can do both alright. All I need is material, which thanks to the vast amounts of funding is not in short supply 'round here."

Rinaa led the way to the particular 3D printer system she required for the work. She'd booked time on three printers, but they could all be run from the same monitor to make things easier. Cracking her knuckles, she signed in, on her student account and plugged in the drive which she'd saved the violin design to. Overnight she'd made some edits, refining the frame design, and converting it to a design compatible for the printer. She'd also created a blueprint for a fused design where the violin and any necessary structures would be printed as one fused body. The last window Rinaa opened up was one of her own projects- a design for a motorbike, the same one she'd been working on when Fia came back.

The apartment
Even if they couldn't see it, everybody in the partment knew what John must be feeling. Cal had seen the blade many times before, but this was the first time since Elliott's arrival, and it was stirring up all kinds of emotions and old memories in her. Cliff sensed this and put an arm around her, squeezing Cal's shoulder. With his examination finished, John turned and offered the blade to Jay, a symbol that she had just as much right to inspect it as he did. The acceptance that she'd been needing. The blue haired woman took it, and like John made no direct skin contact with it. She felt the weight, and then tested the balence using the flat and palm of her hands, before going through the same inspection rigmarole as John did.

But Jay went one step further, wrapping the leather around the handle, without actually touching any part of the sword, she gripped it, took a few steps back and put it through a bit of basic kata just to see how it felt and how it cut. Although the movements were fluid, something about it didn't sit right. She placed the blade on the table before saying quietly "There's something off about it, the weight, the balence, the swing is all there, but it's like there's something missing, like we aren't the right people to use it." Dan nodded his agreement. "You're not the only one, it never felt right for Zan'Pak, even when I was forging it, this isn't meant to be his blade, its somebody else's."

Fia grinned at Rinaa's reply, "you're awesome, I hope you know that" Fia told her, genuinely meaning it. Seeing this Rinaa made her make a mental note to herself that she's make more of an effort with the Leah she knew in her time when she went back. She walked with Rinaa to the area they'd need that had all the printers and watched as she worked. Fia noticed the refined designs to make it truly work and really was impressed by her work.

the Apartment

Kay noticed how Cliff gave Cal's shoulders a squeeze, remembering about what she was told about their bond and Kay knew this was a prime example of it. Kay watched as John handed the blade to Jay and how she handled it the same way as John did prior, apart from the added inspection. Hearing Dan agree and say that it was like the sword was made for someone else, she wondered who it possibly could be for. Who was destined to have such a weapon. She couldn't imagine who would want to weild such an item that is now tarnished.

The Robotics/medical facility
That kind of genuine praise was something that never came from Fia in her timeline. But that didn't mean she hadn't been praised for her mechanical skills. Jay, Deke, Cal, Cliff and on occasion John when she'd fixed the motorbike, or Chas when she'd fixed the cab had taken care of that. Along with friends both off world and on Earth. But she was having to get used to the idea that this wasn't the Fia she knew. "I know alright. This is my domain, made some crazy shit in my time." She smiled slightly thinking of a few in particular. "And your Leah is doing the same, based on what you said and what I saw."

The apartment

John had seen Jay fight with knives, staffs and hand to hand before, but never with a sword. As with every other weapon she handled, it was clear she knew her stuff he was in no doubt about the assassin training. John further confirmed the idea that it was not a good idea to get on his bad side. Jay and Dan's remarks intrigued him, he noticed a similar thing himself, but passed it off as being a side effect of caring so much about Elliott, not that it was something from the blade itself. Dan wasn't quite finished with his explanation "It's all in the metal, this kind of metal, it's different, not just in colour. Not the kind of stuff you'd make a sword out of usually, but it works. It's an unusual blade." As he spoke it was clear he was rapidly translating everything, so a few words of Attili slipped in every now and again.

"Any idea who's blade it is?" John asked. The blacksmith shook his head. "Not in the slightest, all I know is that I can't bring myself to destroy it, so until somebody claims it, it's destined for a life in a flagstone prison."

Fia had to give Rinaa credit for being confident in her ability in her skillset. "Oh no doubt she is. Knowing her, if she's found out I'm here she'll be celebrating the fact I'm not around for a bit" she laughed. Despite saying previously that they got on okay, they were still the typical family members that was glad when either out of each others' hair for a bit.

The Apartment

Kay lap had noticed how Jay handled the sword and just watched. She looked across though between John and Dan when the question of who it's meant for came up, only for Dan to say he had no idea. She wondered if it'd be a mystery that will never get solved. She also still appreciated the fact that Dan was still translating his replies and really trying to talk in English for her sake, so she could be still involved in the conversation. Picking up her mug she stayed quiet and drank more of her beverage, until it was finished, the ginger finally kicking in and she was feeling less nauseous.

Rinaa couldn't deny that if her Fia had vanished for a few days she'd be delighted at the opportunity of not having to hide where she was going. Her Fia was pretty tenacious when it came to trying to discover what exactly it was that Rinaa spent her spare time doing. "Probably delighted she can sneak out without the danger of you following trying to find out what exactly she's doing or who she's meeting......or at least that's what my timeline's one does." She typed in the commands beginning the printing process for the whole new violin, deciding it was just easier to make the whole thing out of lightweight metal alloy, and then add some form of fabric or insulator to the inside later in order to adjust the sound to closer to a normal violin range.

The machine began to print, layering up the metal alloy fibres layer by layer, the design slowly coming to life before their eyes. With the machine safely running Rinaa turned her attention to her second set of plans- the bike plans, playing around with colour and detailing.

The apartment
They all cast glances at the sword on the table, wondering how one object could cause such a broad spectrum of emotions and thoughts in their minds. It would be ridiculous in any other circumstances. "Wonder if we'll ever find out?" Cal mused, eying up the blade. She wasn't fully comfortable with its presence in the sanctuary of her home, but she could tolerate it. Dan shrugged, before replying in Attili that he had no idea when it would happen, it could be days or it could be years. "On a kind of related note, when are you planning to get Elliott out?" "Shifts don't work out until late, so in the late evening it seems, six or seven." Cliff replied, Cal nodding her confirmation.

Fia smirked at the reply with a little chuckle. "probably. Or feeling like she can try and snitch on me for something or other" she retorted back. It was something they seemed to do a lot, stitch each other up and then snitch. It was a pointless thing but it usually worked out for Leah and ended badly for Fia. At least, with Kay it did. The two of them knew full well that John was the more casual one out of the two parents, and Kay was more the one for discipline when it came to Fia. Though Fia did have her moments of getting told off by John and it was MUCH scarier in that 'im going to lecture you in that quiet calm way but use your full name and give you the stare'.
She watched as the violin started to appear before her eyes and it was now getting exciting to her, though she kept it inside.

The Apartment

It didn't surprise her that John would have asked when Elliott would get out for the day. It did feel strange without him around, she had to admit. It also felt very quiet without the teenagers around, even with their conversation going on. Though she had a feeling of Fia gets this temporary fully functioning violin, the apartment won't stay quiet for very long. Finishing her drink, she put the mug down on the table, before readjusting her position on the arm rest slightly.

Rinaa shrugged, she couldn't say what exactly her alternate self would be doing, but if this Leah had the same friends and job as she then, then she could make a very good estimate. Espescially when it came to one particular friend. The violin would take about twenty minutes to fully print by Rinaa's estimate. So she pulled up the skeleton frame design and began to print that too, hoping that Fia's dimensions were accurate enough. There was a rule stating that machines couldn't be left unattended so Rinaa pulled up two office chairs, figuring that Fia would eventually get bored of standing. She began to sort through the files on her drives, rearranging and recategorising them, smirking so often when she came across one she had forgotten about.

The apartment
"Which works well with everything else, Rinaa's got two lectures in the afternoon, and I'm on Royal duties and training until about six anyway." Cal explained, pulling a face and rolling her eyes at the mention of the Attili Royal family. "And I'm off work for a week, I've told them if there's an emergency for the love of my sanity call somebody else, I have other things to do." Cliff had mainly taken the time off in order to finally plan their wedding, and the fact that it just made sense to have somebody who knew the planet around just in case. Cal cast a look at the time, she'd have to leave soon.

Fia sat down on the chair when Rinaa pulled one up for her. She kept an eye on the printer and glanced over at what Rinaa was doing when she noticed her smirk at certain things. She wondered if she should pry or not but figured if something was worth talking about, Rinaa would somehow give some kind of cue. Leah usually did and that was what she used to. So whilst she waited she just hummed to herself, something that she always did when she had a project on the go. It was a habit she picked up when she was young and it just kind of stuck. It was how most of her little songs came to light that she played out on her violin.

The Apartment

Kay wondered what Fia would do if Rinaa had lectures in the afternoon, but she knew deep down she shouldn't be worrying or wondering about a kid who could.literally find her way through space and time to see her parents. Knowing Fia she had their little route memorised and would be able to get back to the apartment on her own. She did think it was good that Cliff managed to get her time off work that her and Cal did deserve, to plan their wedding. She just thought Cal now needed to find time off, after remembering hearing how much the woman works. There wasn't really anything to say on the information given to them, so she kept quiet. She had it in her head that if they didn't so anything in particular, she'd probably sit in the room her and John had taken up and read her book, and attempt to remember to eat in the process.

The robotics/medical facilities
Rinaa had a lot on her drives, and it was organised in her own personal system. As she worked the tune Fia was humming began to work its way into her head. Quickly enough the tune morphed into something completly different, something more powerful, something with an edge. Then came swirls of words, the bare bones if a song idea. Rinaa tried to refrain from writing it down, not wanting Fia to see this particular skill of hers as it was the one she was most shy about. But the urge became too great. "Ah fuck it" she muttered under her breath, opening up a blank document and beginning to type. At first it was just word fragments- two or three that sounded good together, that was shortly followed by longer lines and possible chord structures. From the words it was clearly about the friends she'd lost, loved and left behind (not necessarily in that order).

The Apartment
It was then that Cal noticed the book John had commandeered from the box, with its makeshift bookmark a decent chunk in. "I see you've discovered the wonder of Raxi Stayos." She smirked, gesturing at the book. "Yeah, I have, it was one of the things Elliott did remember and talk about, there's a series of what? Four?" He asked, picking up from Cal's tone that she was a fan of them. Cliff and Dan had also perked up at the mention of them. "Nine now, and a couple of seriously awesome movies. I bought him that book actually." "Bloody bollocks. Is the movie any good? Not one of those shite adaptations that ruins the franchise?" John questioned. "They're really good." Cliff and Dan answered in union. "The actoress for Raxi is a stone cold badass.......which gives me an idea."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back