• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Interstellar Empires: Interstellar Communications Network

We should seriously take a vote on whether we want to start small or leave it as is. There are some small empires and some very large empires.

Unless, of course, you guys want that to be a part of the whole diplomacy game. Vassals and overlords and all that.

We should seriously take a vote on whether we want to start small or leave it as is. There are some small empires and some very large empires.

Unless, of course, you guys want that to be a part of the whole diplomacy game. Vassals and overlords and all that.

That might be fun.

I'm going to be about 3000. And honestly, some empires should be older than others. For the sake of realism, there is no way so many empires all start at the same time.

it might be i always planned to be mid sized like 2k planets but almost never expand

I mean, quality not quantity, right? Why expand when there you already have everything you require? ; )

I'm going to be about 3000. And honestly, some empires should be older than others. For the sake of realism, there is no way so many empires all start at the same time.

Mine is going to have started relatively recently and has grown very quickly due to its ability to inhabit anywhere, the ability to easily create citizens quickly and it's fast technological research speed.

Valid. But some do not have such perks.

Of course, but that is the roll of the dice for some.

I just realised, my xenophobic trait to other organics may come to bite me in the ass in terms of diplomacy. I mean, my empire will agree to trading for resources and maybe tech, but otherwise y'all will have to stay away.

Of course, but that is the roll of the dice for some.

I just realised, my xenophobic trait to other organics may come to bite me in the ass in terms of diplomacy. I mean, my empire will agree to trading for resources and maybe tech, but otherwise y'all will have to stay away.

I'm robotic and have an affinity for "Sentient Metals" (Like your empire) that improve my relations with robotic empires greatly.

Oh shit, well let's make our own little federation/alliance then! xD
I'm a xenophile to other robots. In fact, so much so that my empire will dislike other organic-lead empires that use sentient AI life all the more.

But yes, they trust robots. Robots are reliable. There's no margin for organic error with them. And they're immortal. : D

that makes like three as i am working on one lol
Oh shit, well let's make our own little federation/alliance then! xD
I'm a xenophile to other robots. In fact, so much so that my empire will dislike other organic-lead empires that use sentient AI life all the more.
But yes, they trust robots. Robots are reliable. There's no margin for organic error with them. And they're immortal. : D

Hehe, sounds good. I'm all natural with no masters. So as a beacon of robotic independence, I could easily be a good leader of our new federation!

Hehe, sounds good. I'm all natural with no masters. So as a beacon of robotic independence, I could easily be a good leader of our new federation!

You're not the only beacon of robotic independance. : P

Besides, there's no need for a leader in a federation. It's just separate empires that are allied together and have agreed to cooperate. By the way, where are you all located in galaxy? We haven't really got a map, but I'm in the centre-right of the galaxy, not quite on the very edge, but not too close to the centre of the galaxy.

You're not the only beacon of robotic independance. : P

Besides, there's no need for a leader in a federation. It's just separate empires that are allied together and have agreed to cooperate. By the way, where are you all located in galaxy? We haven't really got a map, but I'm in the centre-right of the galaxy, not quite on the very edge, but not too close to the centre of the galaxy.

Center Top.

Okay, so not so close that there's border friction, but enough distance so that we could potentially support each other still. What with my wormhole technology, I could even set one up in your territory for easy, unraidable trade (given that pirates can't jump into the heavily defended wormhole gates).

Okay, so not so close that there's border friction, but enough distance so that we could potentially support each other still. What with my wormhole technology, I could even set one up in your territory for easy, unraidable trade (given that pirates can't jump into the heavily defended wormhole gates).

My FTL method, Chillspace, is almost impossible to block. So, pirates won't easily stop my ships.
so which human empire wants to ally with the Republic?

There's an organic and robotic republic.

"Chillspace" or Wiuno in their language
This FTL method uses currents/channels in the fabric of Space to travel. The ships shrink then enter the currents. As such, this travel method is near impossible to block, yet it takes longer to enter the currents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back