• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention [Reboot] - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Amelia triggered... check.
Her antagonizing... check.
Her being wimpy af and antagonizing a dude with a library's worth of combat history.... check.
Is she gonna get smacked by a saint? probably XD

Last edited:
Ayama Ayama still can't view your posts.
Mel was surprised when the girl he was rooming with, Rachel, asked if he was all right. He wasn't used to such concern from people. He then watched, amazed, as she apparently created a spear out of wine, worried about what she was going to do to Leo before she simply put it back in the bottle. The crow deity reasoned that they shouldn't antagonize each other and then a yeti crashed into the room. Me'ls eyes went wide as dinner plates as he conversed with the others. He had a feeling that working for Infernal Intervention was, eventually, going to make it so he was no longer surprised at anything.

The others made bets and challenged each other to a drinking contest, which worried Mel (considering they were about to start training) before the genie revealed that she could magically wipe all traces of alcohol from their system, which he thought was really cool. Then the Saint decided to suddenly unleash a wave of power across the entire room and, before he even knew what was happening, Rachel had thrown herself on top of him. He felt the oppressive heat on his skin but, before it got to the point of actually burning, it dissipated.

Mel straightened back up and watched in amazement as Rachel yelled at the Saint for him, Aziza became so upset that she left the room, and Amelia declared to Jacob that he was under her protection. He blinked back a few grateful tears as Jacob explained the reasoning behind his actions.

"I'm all right," he reassured Rachel timidly. "Thank you for protecting me- no one's ever done anything like that before."

"And thank you as well," he said to Amelia, before turning to Jacob.

"I understand what you're saying and your feeling that you need to make your point in such a dramatic manner but, considering the composition of this team, maybe you should consider doing things differently than the way you normally do. After all, I can't protect you if you kill or incapacitate me..."

He cleared his throat nervously.

"Anyway, I'm Mel. I'm part-demon, as you can see. And I'm... strong, I guess?" he blushed a little, feeling like his power was underwhelming compared to the others'. He didn't want to reveal his true power, however, as that would mean everyone would know who his father was. Not to mention the fact that Belial could track him down if he used it.

"I hope we'll be able to work together," he added lamely, worried that they would think him useless.
^^

Mel was surprised when the girl he was rooming with, Rachel, asked if he was all right. He wasn't used to such concern from people. He then watched, amazed, as she apparently created a spear out of wine, worried about what she was going to do to Leo before she simply put it back in the bottle. The crow deity reasoned that they shouldn't antagonize each other and then a yeti crashed into the room. Me'ls eyes went wide as dinner plates as he conversed with the others. He had a feeling that working for Infernal Intervention was, eventually, going to make it so he was no longer surprised at anything.

The others made bets and challenged each other to a drinking contest, which worried Mel (considering they were about to start training) before the genie revealed that she could magically wipe all traces of alcohol from their system, which he thought was really cool. Then the Saint decided to suddenly unleash a wave of power across the entire room and, before he even knew what was happening, Rachel had thrown herself on top of him. He felt the oppressive heat on his skin but, before it got to the point of actually burning, it dissipated.

Mel straightened back up and watched in amazement as Rachel yelled at the Saint for him, Aziza became so upset that she left the room, and Amelia declared to Jacob that he was under her protection. He blinked back a few grateful tears as Jacob explained the reasoning behind his actions.

"I'm all right," he reassured Rachel timidly. "Thank you for protecting me- no one's ever done anything like that before."

"And thank you as well," he said to Amelia, before turning to Jacob.

"I understand what you're saying and your feeling that you need to make your point in such a dramatic manner but, considering the composition of this team, maybe you should consider doing things differently than the way you normally do. After all, I can't protect you if you kill or incapacitate me..."

He cleared his throat nervously.

"Anyway, I'm Mel. I'm part-demon, as you can see. And I'm... strong, I guess?" he blushed a little, feeling like his power was underwhelming compared to the others'. He didn't want to reveal his true power, however, as that would mean everyone would know who his father was. Not to mention the fact that Belial could track him down if he used it.

"I hope we'll be able to work together," he added lamely, worried that they would think him useless.
^^
Can you, y'know, put that in the IC post, please? So that I don't have to open this thread to read it?

As far as just general human technology goes, it's somewhat futuristic. You got the same Japanese-tested robots and self-driving cars, medical equipment got a little better as did ways to deploy immediate lethal ordinance in combat, you have better VR and computer power. Human-only technology fell by the wayside with all the gods and magic, and has pretty much stagnated since 2050. No point going to space when you can go to other universes filled with powerful humanoid superbeings, yknow? So without gods, 2025 technology tops.

With gods? Hoo boy.

Magitech, or technology powered by magic and aether, is taking huge strides but very rare and generally kept in very specific areas; the gods whose powers are needed to make the technology are very particular. For instance, teleporters exist, but they're derived from the Faerie Courts' natural ability to jump from one perfect circle in space to another by tricking their bodies and can only be used by Fae fronts and major urban cities in the British Isle under Faerie control. Aether is being adapted for use as fuel as an alternative alternative to fossil fuels and green energy both. There's a certain storyline involving the creation of chimaeras that blends science and fantasy that I'm not going to spoil. There are robot wizards what are two parts Drow and five parts Cylon.

Alright, the RP is going really well! I'm mainly just waiting for Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna Daemon to make an introductory post before calling people to the initiation, but I'm not opposed to having them called in and just having Daemon meet them on the way.

Nah, there's like a mile or so of Earthlike space on all sides before you hit void because otherwise the things in the void could get uncomfortably close. You don't want Ghatanothoa trying to stick its sucker mouth on the side of the building like an eldritch kraken, yknow

So far, we're in the middle of team introductions. There was a bit of a fiasco thanks to a particular saint on the team but it seems everything's been patched up with just a little more tension. Other than that, I'm waiting for a couple characters to make a first post, including yours whenever you've got it up, and then the team begins its training mission. I'm excited to see the character you've come up with!

Yeah as long as what you list in your inventory is reasonable and connects with your build and skills then I’m not worried about it.

Yes you can! There are, as Ayama said, a lot of factions but some of the best are made from character backstories so feel free to make a faction or an offshoot faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back