• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Infernal Intervention [Reboot] - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
And the mission part of the RP begins in earnest, so this OOC will start to be a lot more important now.

The first area has a lot of stuff you can work with, and you can pretty much do anything to get by them except asking them politely. I've left a few hints on what some characters can do, and where you guys can plan to go afterwards, but honestly if you guys plan it out you can try to do something completely different or find another route.

Well, you can fight, sneak, trick, sabotage, hide, there's a few options, but as long as you got teamwork involved there's no wrong answers.

So how do y'all want to tackle this?

Edited and fixed that, as well as edited to add in some tech stuff for Razzo to mess with even if there's not a lot.

Just a few things to keep in mind for everyone:
Write your attempt to do something successfully, don't assume it goes through even if it's almost a sure thing.
Do some awesome team shit, if it's a clever team effort it's highly likely to succeed.
If you don't see something that your character can do, you can look for it! Just because it isn't in the post doesn't mean it's not there- even if you have to jump through a couple hoops to get to it- because you never know what might just be a closer search away.
For mission-based stuff, character development and talking and keeping in touch with personality is still key like in all RPs, but you can write what your character does tactics-wise underlined at the bottom in a one or two sentence paragraph, or if your character has nothing to input or think or talk to the others about then you can just make that two-sentence paragraph your post so your character's on the move and kicking ass and taking names.

I'll start working on a post shortly, but Amelia will work on figuring out how all friendlies and hostiles are laid out around them, since her powers are recon friendly, and relay that info to the rest of the team when she's able.

I thought that once we got to a combat situation you said posting order would come into play?

I thought that once we got to a combat situation you said posting order would come into play?

We haven't initiated any actions on the NPCs yet, so combat post order isn't in play. We're in that weird period of "we have our mission, quick strat time".

Mkay, well Zack asked us how we all want to tackle this. which to me means plotting in OOC, and it feels like one player kinda just decided for us in IC without consulting with anyone first...

You can protest the strategy both IC as Mel and OOC on here if you prefer to go down a different path or have questions, concerns, etc. Just remember that as long as your action is well thought out, even if it goes against someone else's team plan, there's still a fairly decent chance for success. Until everyone agrees to lock in with someone's plan or not, it's really just someone talking- and St. Jacob seems like he's the type of character to try and take team lead status first thing, so it's well in his character for him to try and do so.

As for strict post order, that's for tense moments like combat, stealth, bomb defusing, etc., where reactions from NPCs and the environment have to be calculated and rolled for on my end- until someone does anything to or around the Lamias and the convention building, you guys are still outside of the immediate danger zone.

But yes, IC and OOC I want to see people's thoughts on both St. Jacob's plan and any other possible plans

My immediate concern is less about the plan itself and more about group dynamics. How they do in this initiation will determine the characters' roles in the team which, presumably, includes deciding who will be team leader, and it doesn't seem like the one character who's so far managed to antagonize most of the others would be a good fit for that role, as I believe several of the characters would have an issue taking orders from him on principle. Personally, my vote would be for Johan, since he's already a diplomat and probably has the communication and tactical skills for it without rubbing anyone the wrong way, but I think that's the sort of thing that should be discussed in OOC prior to starting on plans IC.

That's understandable. Well, I'd say express your concerns IC and then see if we can shift the pre-tense moment talk over here a little

Personally, I don’t think it makes him team leader. I just think the patron saint of battle tactics is good at battle tactics.

Ayama Ayama Stikes Stikes TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Sylvio Sylvio SP3CT3R SP3CT3R St. Boethius St. Boethius CaptainSully CaptainSully ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Just to let everyone know, if you're waiting for more info to come from Amelia, you won't get more until she's absolutely sure she won't be harming the hostages be sending folks after the wrong group (or until I get more info that she can infer as correct). Sorry if it doesn't give you as much as you'd like for a post, but this is true to char for her and I won't deviate from it.

If you're finding difficulty with the situation and believe your char would feel the same way, absolutely feel free to go voice that in the IC. Or you can go after the first few lamia guards as stealthily/quickly as you can to keep the rest of the guards on a relaxed defense (if that makes sense). Or you could even scout the buildings parameter, finding a back door or some such for another element of surprise. Plenty of options to go around.

Sorry if my post didn't help a whole lot, but I hope these suggestions make yours easier.

Ayama Ayama Stikes Stikes TheInsanityOfBobSemple TheInsanityOfBobSemple GumGumChomp GumGumChomp Lemercer Lemercer Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Sylvio Sylvio SP3CT3R SP3CT3R St. Boethius St. Boethius CaptainSully CaptainSully ZacksQuest ZacksQuest

Just to let everyone know, if you're waiting for more info to come from Amelia, you won't get more until she's absolutely sure she won't be harming the hostages be sending folks after the wrong group (or until I get more info that she can infer as correct). Sorry if it doesn't give you as much as you'd like for a post, but this is true to char for her and I won't deviate from it.

If you're finding difficulty with the situation and believe your char would feel the same way, absolutely feel free to go voice that in the IC. Or you can go after the first few lamia guards as stealthily/quickly as you can to keep the rest of the guards on a relaxed defense (if that makes sense). Or you could even scout the buildings parameter, finding a back door or some such for another element of surprise. Plenty of options to go around.

Sorry if my post didn't help a whole lot, but I hope these suggestions make yours easier.
Haha no worries- your post was good. Mel's not about that anyway- he's just waiting for the go-ahead from Lemercer Lemercer so he can tear into some guards >]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back