• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Mocha

It has been several years in the future after the likes of all sorts of strange incidents of aliens, timetravel, organizations wanting to rule over the world, only for the famous Raimon team with their excellent stroke of luck, teamwork and friendship to prevail on top. In fact, at this point, Raimon would be more than just a school, it was where anyone and everyone would want to be apart of especially since they are essentially renown to be the strongest this world has seen.

However, nowadays, the old crew has long since grown up and moved onto bigger and better things as a new school has recently opened to the public: Deities Junior High.

In the hopes to follow the same dream, the new school has to prove themselves to be just as capable with their clubs among other things but the most notable problem was the school's football team where one member was noted to be the leader that was often looked down. Many clubs within the school often mock the concept of a football club because at the time, nobody was more famous than Raimon, however, one day, the school was holding their very First Club Day.

From the waking hours of morning to the warmth of the afternoon, the students from each and every club were eager to persuade others to join their activities whenever it's by sending off flyers, word of mouth or by booths, there was no escape, however, among the many clubs, there was one teen that was often ganged up by multiple clubs and he was a stickler for them. He would often pass by the madness that was Club Day as he believed that they were a waste of resources, time and energy and what of it? He kept quiet as he walked along as his docile emerald eyes scanned the surroundings in silence.

Of course, the greyette would rather join a guild in an online game than dealing with people in real life because to be frank, he's already thinking of going home but nobody would stop pestering him as he is growing annoyed over the seconds. This is why he would rather stay home and do homeschool for a few more years or so, rather to be in this sad mess, well, in his eyes, even though he's forced to act nice and grin before he could have a break for some time.

As his hands are in his pockets while he is walking along the aisles of the school hallway, he does have to remind himself to join the club and when nobody is looking, he can leave it so he could tell his mother that he's joined someone's sorry excuse of a sewing friendship circle and bump off to more important things like his video games.

After all, he's got a schedule to go by.

However, it was on that very fateful day, that things will turn for the unexpected..

The love of football is something that truly did peak with Raimon football club. A group of some of the most talented players the world had ever seen. Doing what some would think impossible for what started out as a frankly sorry excuse of a club. Though as the expression goes lightning never strikes twice. So many doubted the chance of another underdog turned champion story.

Perhaps it was this doubt that caused Deities Jr High's football club to be as empty as it was. Currently having only one member it was a complete laughing stock of the school. The captain and only member of said club was hopeful that today that would change. As today was Club Day where she could find someone to join her club. The tanned girl walked with a mountain of flyers in her arms. This of course wasn't the first Club Day nor the first time she tried getting new members.

Each time she tried she had failed. Sometimes due to other clubs snatching up potential members or people just not having an interest in football. You'd think that'd maybe cause some doubt in someone but not this girl. No she was still just as sure as the day she started the club, she was sure she could find more members, that she could get the chance to practice with some teammates abd make a name for themselves. In her mind she fantasized about winning a grand tournament, and being handed a huge trophy. Her day dream cut short as she turned a corner and bumped into someone.

Just like that the flyers flew into the air scattering across the floor, like colorful snowflakes. On the flyer was big bright words stating "Come Join the Football Club" it was simple but easier to mass produce. Since she was forced to make each flyer by hand after the other clubs forbid her from using the printer at school. It wasn't uncommon for the other clubs to pick on her, she understood though unlike every other club her's couldn't even enter tournaments let alone win them.

The captain crouched down abd began picking up the flyers. "Sorry about that! Couldn't see where I was going. I guess I made too many haha." She joked when she looked at the boy she smiled. "I'm Jennier by the way." Quickly she held up the flyer to the boy. "And would you like to join the Football Club!" Sudden energy filled Jennifer as this was it, her chance to score a member, she had to be fast before another club could steal away her chance.

Football. Wasn't that the club that was a laughing stock? The greyette remembered that fact but then again, the world of football did bring in some interesting topics over the years. Of course, bumping into the girl was a minor mishap on her end, or rather his. Whatever, he didn't care and before long, he knelt down to pick up the mess as maybe he could humor her little club to get what he wants and leave.

"There's never too much or too little." he mused as he would do the girl a polite gesture by assisting her. "Besides, it's a pleasure to meet you Jenny, well, if you don't mind the nickname. I'm Conan."

Of course, the other club members would be chatting away on how such a youth would choose football of all sports however Conan didn't mind the banter in the background. Maybe they can finally back off from him since the little mishap occurred. Call it good luck, timing or whatever, atleast for now, they went off in the opposite direction..

"They're really chatty today." he sighed before he came up with a handful of papers in his arms but they were clearly very organized and orderly as he was noted to be a bit of a neatfreak. It's a small thing that rubbed off from his mother, along with being respectful and other means, but his deceptiveness was in another league in general. "The chaos of Club Day. I was worried I would get overwhelmed and it would be a real shame if I haven't found the Football Club."

Jennifer welcomed the help in retrieving her flyers. Conan seemed very polite and kind almost surprisingly so, since Jennifer was used to people almost immediately turning her down. "Sure Jenny is fine." She hadn't been called that since Elementary school, it was strangely nostalgic to hear the old nickname again. Standing up with the other half of the flyers Jennifer had to take a second to process what Conan said. "Wait a second... what'd you say!" From what he was saying it sounded like he actually wanted to join. "Hey do you wanna join or am I hearing things now?"

Jennifer almost wanted to take a moment to pinch herself, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming or something. Sure one new member might not seem like a lot but to Jennifer it was everything. It was the first step she hadn't been able to take, now that had finally done it she could get to work on running. "Say Conan wanna come check out the club room? Oh what position do you play? Do you wanna play after school today? Ever play on a team before?" Her excitement was clear as day as she rambled on stopping herself. "Sorry guess I'm a bit chatty today too." She giggled.

"Why not? I mean Raimon has been in the underdog ranking before and now look at them now." Conan explained to Jenny with a nod. "If there's a will, there's a way, am I right?"

He can't believe how easy she bought it from him. Wow, is she this desperately naive? Ah well, he can play along and sometimes, you have to play other people's games to gain favor back. That's what happened in the guilds after all and besides, it's not like she'll notice it right away. Boil the frog as they say.

"I'm sure if the Raimon people saw what you are doing, they would be just as supportive with what you are doing because they were in that position before." he added with a nod.

Jennifer couldn't help but smile, though it did take a lot of restraint to not throw her arms up in joy. She took off running in one direction before stopping and running back to Conan. "Hey, hey Conan follow me! I want you to come see the club room!" She then ran off again stopping to look back and make sure Conan was following. She was totally unaware of Conan's true intentions, right now all she wanted was to show off to her new member.

"You're gonna love the club room! I've been working hard to keep it in top condition! I even managed to buy a table and some more chairs to replace the old ones!"

Conan followed after Jennifer closely as they would head to the club room with looks from the other students. Of course, he didn't care too much about it since Jenny seems too preoccupied with showing him around. However, when she told him about what she has been doing, he replied,"We all start from somewhere but alright. Let's have a look at it."

He's just doing what was told of him and adapting to the situation at hand.

When they arrived at the club room of course it was a small shed located a bit away from the rugby field, since Jennifer was the only member, this is all she was given to start her club. Due to only being one member the club wasn't even regarded as an actual sports club and more of a fan club. As Jennifer opened the door to the shed she revealed that the inside was well kept. Jennifer did her best to keep the club room in top shape and just as she had gushed about before in the middle of the room was a table as well as some chairs. Jennifer sat the flyers on the table and then rushed over to a corner of the room which had a beat up football. Grabbing it Jennifer rushed back over to Conan and held it up above her head. "Hey Conan let's go use the field while the Rugby club is gone."

Normally the only time Jennifer got any practice was moments like this, when the Rugby club was off at a training camp, doing runs, or busy with other stuff. Jennifer was keen to make sure she didn't get in their way after the last time when they ended up popping her spare ball.

Conan was caught offguard but eventually, he replied,"Rugby's the worst when it comes to sharing the field. In fact, makes you wonder if they'd go all out defending the field or something like that but then again, it's the Rugby team."

As far as he knows, the Rugby team is filled to the brim with muscleheads and to be honest, he doesn't like them too well because those kids have more freedom on picking on the brainiacs such as the math or even science clubs.

"They'd bully anyone who gets in the way." he sighed as he shrugged before he kept on following Jennifer to the fields before another club snatches it for their own. However, then again, he wondered if any of the sports clubs could have secret gamers or something. If they did, they'd probably notice something and if any found out about- nah, they couldn't have.

Besides, Conan was sure of it. Absolutely positively sure!

Jennifer chuckled at Conan's opinion of the Rugby club. "I'm sure they can't all be bad." That was always what she told herself, Jennifer was never very confratational she just never saw a reason for it. When they made it to the field Jennifer rushed over to one side of the field. She took two cones and set them up to act as a goal. She then tossed Conan the ball. Slamming her fist together she motioned towards Conan. "Come on give me your best kick!"

Conan did stop the ball on the timing at it rolled to his feet. He looked to Jennifer for a moment trying to analyze the best possible route to approach it. In fact, he's already imagining it as one of his games and before long, he sighed before he kicked the ball towards her as hard as he could.

He took things seriously if needed be after all.

Jennifer dived for the ball catching it with both hands. She held it up above her head and tossed it back to Conan. "Nice kick!" Just as the ball bounced to Conan a rumble of steps was heard. As the Rugby club returned. "Oi Jennifer didn't we tell you to stay off our field." One of the large players scolded her. Jennifer just chuckled, "Sorry I just got real pumped to practice with my new club mate is all." One of the large men pointed to Conan. "This string bean is your new member? Geez I knew you were desperate but I didn't think it was that bad." He and his friends began to laugh, Jennifer narrowed her eyes at him. "Take that back."

The player looked at her for a moment confused before speaking. "What'd you just say to me?" She walked over to him and stared him down. "I said take that back." The player scoffed. "Oh yeah why should I?" He gave her a slight shove but Jennifer simply just got back in his face. "Cause I won't stand by and let you bad mouth my club mate."

"Oy, you better back of'em if you want to be walking outta here!" exclaimed a voice from a distance of the Rugby team. It was another female and she was a tall one though her stature looks to be one of those punk girl types, especially with the streak of a red lightning bolt across her white hair. The female came across Conan and Jennifer as she added,"Just a couple of football kids having fun shouldn't be a crime, yeah? After all, anyone that is everyone should have permission to use the field. Why the rivalry? Sounds too trivial for my taste."

Conan was surprised that someone is coming to help them but actually relieved in a sense and he's not a fighter type after all.

The Rugby player who had taunted Jennifer sighed when the girl spoke up. "Look you're new so it's understandable you don't know how things work. When it comes to the field I have no problem with other clubs borrowing it. My problem is the fact this brat isn't even in a real club." Jennifer clenched her fist. "The football club is a real club!" The player looked at Conan then her. "Oh so I suppose the other members of the team are busy?" Jennifer didn't have a rebuttal so the player just turned back to the girl who had spoken up. "See what I mean, she's wasting her time. Besides since it's just the two of them there's no reason to even use the field. It's not like they can even play with just two members." Jennifer pointed at the player. "I've had enough of your attitude!"

The player raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah and I'm supposed to care why?" Jennifer walked over to Conan and took the ball that was still by his feet. She held it towards the Rugby player. "Let's settle this fairly." She tossed the ball to him and on reflex he caught it. "If any of your club members can score on me I'll never set foot on the field again. But if I block ever single one of you, then we get to use the field as we please!" The Rugby player blinked a few times. "Your not serious are you? The Rugby team has 20 members you can't seriously expect to stop all of us?" Jennifer narrowed her eyes at him. "I never say something I don't mean especially when it comes to Football!"

"Let's make it five." the girl spoke as she crossed her arms. "Twenty sounds like overkill though if you want to do it that way, be my guest. I'm not stoppin' ya and ice it with football not being a real club, alright? The sport's really popular now especially with Raimon being the leading influence 'round these parts."

Conan was wary on this deal but he has to trust Jennifer on this but he's more curious on terms of the new girl that came in out of nowhere apparently. She looks pretty tough but in a sense, he's relieved that there is backup. However, the fact that she's standing up for them, it was another unexpected thing, just who is she? Well, besides the fact that she looks like a foreigner..

The player scoffed at the girl. "Raimon might be impressive, but this chicks no Raimon." Jennifer walked over back to her makeshift goal. Five Rugby players lined up the first one being the one who had been taunting Jennifer. "I'll make this quick so we can get practice over with!" He kicked the ball with intense force sending it flying at Jennifer. She caught the ball looking at the Rugby player as she did, a smile on her face. "That was a great kick!" The Rugby player was actually surprised then came the next player up. He was slightly taller and as soon as Jennifer tossed him the ball he kicked it. The result was the same again Jennifer caught the ball with no problem. Before giving the ball back she pointed to the player. "You guys aren't kicking the ball right. You can't just use all force you gotta keep in mind your control as well. The trick is to kick with the upper part of your foot instead of your toes." She gave a quick demonstration then tossed the next player the ball. He followed her advice the ball now arcing slightly to the right, still Jennifer caught it. "See that was a lot better." Jennifer continued to tutor the rest of the players on how to kick the ball, all the while stopping each of their attempts.

The player who had mocked Jennifer sighed. "I guess this is our loss, you can have the field." Jennifer titled her head confused by what he said. "What do you mean I just wanted you guys to share with us like you do the other clubs. Besides you guys actually make decent practice. Maybe we can even have a game or two when you guys aren't busy." The player who had mocked her as well the others who had kicked nodded. "Yeah why not." Some of the other players seemed a bit interested in taking a shot at trying to score on Jennifer. Jennifer turned to Conan holding up the ball and jumping up and down. "Hey hey Conan did ya hear we can use the field now!" Jennifer also looked over at the girl who had stood up for her. "You mentioned Raimon, are you possibly a fan of football too? If so the Football is always open!"

"I'm just learning to get into it as of recent. Thought to try it out and see how it goes from there." the girl replied before she stretched her arms. "Besides, I like a good challenge given the years of sports I've tried."

Conan looked to the other female with his eyes narrowed. "By the look of things, you're in pretty good shape."

"I work out often. Morning jogs and that fun bunch." she sighed. "I have a name though. Call me Matilda and I'm from London, I'm a transfer student after my folks decide to move on over from England. We've been here for several years, three or four, give or take. The town here is nice but there's been some strange things going on with a rumor."

Conan, with a tilt of his head, asked," What rumor?"

"I'd don't know if I'd believe it or anything, just some rumor. Rumors are somethin' I'm not really a fan of." Well, next to girly things but Matilda wasn't going to tell that to the others that she has just met. "Anyways, back to world of sports, a'ight? Football and all that fun."

Last edited:
Jennifer smiled at Matilda, "Well it's nice to meet you Matilda. I'm Jennifer and that's Conan over there." The talk about rumors was new to Jennifer, probably because anything that didn't involve football was never something she paid attention. Thankfully Matilda brought the conversation back to football. "Hey since your getting into football why not join our club. I could show you the ropes and football is always fun with more friends to play with."

"I don't see why not." Matilda smirked a bit though there is a hint of skeptic given her background, however, nobody knows that so joining with the football club should help her find an outlet to avoid it. However, with Conan, he's safe to say that things has gotten interesting especially with Matilda joining the group. He wonders what else is on the horizon for the future of the Football Club, though he is curious about these rumors Matilda speak of.

Are they really true? is the question that echoed in his mind as he was observing Matilda and Jennifer.

"I see the group's pretty small." Matilda spoke as she crossed her arms casually. "However, one thing I did hear about is that the Football Club has been pushed around by other clubs and it's apparent, judging by things here. If you ask me, I believe that lightning can strike twice, y'know?"

Hearing Matilda say she believes in the football club being just like Raimon, brought a smile to Jennifer's face. She began jumping up and down with joy. She was sure now with the three of them she was sure there was a chance to get a few others she had her eyes on. Though that would have to wait for later. For now Jennifer wanted to get back to practice. So she tossed the ball to Matilda and Conan. "If we really wanna make sure lightning strikes twice, then let's put in all kinds of effort. So come at me with your best!" The trio would spend a good portion of their time practicing. As the sun fell though Jennifer called it a night and after waving goodbye, headed home. The next day as club activities were starting Jennifer was already in the club room. She was sitting at the table a beat up football resting on the table as Jennifer began to chuckle.

Last night Jennifer had made an important phone call. One to her older brother, they happily chatted for a bit. Then Jennifer got to the point of her phone call. "Say big bro do you think you could maybe help arrange, a practice match between Deity Jr high and another school?" She could hear him hum thinking it over, finally he answered. "Yeah I don't see why not, should be some schools nearby that I can put a good word in for." In the club room Jennifer was bursting with excitement, if they could get a practice match it'd be the perfect place to show off, ane make a name for themselves. Not to mention Jennifer would get to finally play a match, it'd been so long since she last played a real match.

Matilda was the first to arrive at the clubhouse as she looked to Jennifer before she waved at the other with a smile only to brought a newcomer in. "Am I early? I don't see Conan. Oh, and um, hey, I thought to bring a mate. Cheerleaders been teasing her again but she is eager to see the Football Club."

"Aloha." the smaller greenette female spoke up before she looked around the clubroom. It's not bad but it's not good either though she's neutral about it as she's looking around especially with her sapphire hues shifting about before she looked directly towards Jennifer. "I'm Kahula and after what Matilda told me, I hope the football club has a strong leader that knows what she is doing. It's not everyday that the football club picks up members on it's first day."

"You'll get used to it Kahula. Jen's nice unlike those cheerleaders." Matilda nodded. "Screw'em I say and focus more on football; besides, if you're eager to come join us, then something's up."

Kahula sighed before she smiled. She knows that she takes sports seriously especially when sand soccer can be easily transferred into regular football since they're esssentially the same sport.

Jennifer perked up seeing Matilda. "Hey hey Matilda, yeah your early today but that's okay." She then turned to greet Kahula. "It's nice to meet you Kahula I'm Jennifer and I'd be more than happy to have you join." Jennifer chuckled at the comment of the football club not really getting members. "Yeah two in one day I was just as surprised." Jennifer scratched her cheek. "Actually I managed to score us another member a little after we parted ways." As if on cue the door opened revealing a black hair boy his uniform untucked, he completely gave off the aura of a delinquent. When he spotted Jennifer he rushed over to her as if to inspect her face. "You sure your okay there was a lot of blood." Jennifer patted the boy's shoulder. "It's like I told you the other day I'm fine. I'm a goalie after all I'm used to that kind of stuff."

Jennifer had the boy turn around and he waved to the two girls. "Uh hey I'm Alajandro and I guess I'll be supporting you from now on." Jennifer put her arm around Alajandro. "Alajandro here owes me a favor, since yesterday he kicked a football right into my face." Alajandro quickly added. "On accident of course I didn't mean to kick the ball as hard as I did at her." Alajandro recalled yesterday as a ball slowly rolled towards his feet. That's when he saw Jennifer walking over asking him to kick the ball back. So Alajandro did just that yet he forgot to tone back on his strength and kicked it at full force. The ball smacking Jennifer right in the face he had to admit it was impressive how fast she bounced back and caught the ball. Back to the present Jennifer was grabbing her football, as well as some cones. "Welp I'm curious at how good you three are so let's his the field and do some practice."

There were footsteps heard and Conan arrived only to see the others being gathered ready to head out towards the field.

Matilda looked to Alajandro with a nod and a smile before she crossed her arms. "We still got to wait for-"

"Here! Sorry! I was caught up in the middle of a situation. I'm here though!" exclaimed Conan as he came inside the clubroom as Matilda sighed,"If it's one of those cheerleaders, I'd be glad to handle'em."

Conan shook his head nervously. "No, no. No violence or anything like that. I mean, it's nice that you stood up the rugby team the other day, but-"

Matilda sighed as she interrupted Conan. "I don't fight unless I have to defend myself and besides, don't wanna get into trouble with the school after all."

Kahula added as she stretched her arms and loosen up a bit,"That's the least thing we want here. The Football's Club pretty small and reputation's a big key around the school knowing the school hierarchy system. However, of course, it's nice to meet you Alajandro."

Conan waved at Alajandro as he was panting as he cut it close this time but eventually he recovered,"I'm Conan, this is Matilda..and.."

Kahula spoke up."Kahula Hale but I prefer to be called Kahula. Nothing personal."

Conan wonders why she would say it but he shrugged as he went by her words even if it sounded slightly passive-aggressive to him.

Hearing about the cheerleaders Jennifer sighed. "I've had a few run ins with them before myself. I've lost count of how many times I've had to buy new cleats because they toss em in the incinerator." Alajandro whistled in surprise. "Geez they really that ruthless?" Heading towards the field half of it was already being used by the rugby club. The player who had challenged Jennifer the other day spotted them, he jogger over waving. "Yo I see you managed to get yourself some new members there Jennifer." Jennifer held up a peace sign smiling. "Yep thanks again for letting us use half the field uhh... Hey hey Conan what's his name?" She asked looking to Conan for the answer. The player took a step back not expecting her to not even know his name. "What are you serious!? I'm Justin Steel!" Jennifer chuckled a bit embarrassed she never caught his name. "Sorry sorry, I never really did ever get the chance to ask your name." Justin sighed he had to admit she was right. He never did give her a chance to talk to him till yesterday. "Well good luck with your practice." With that Justin headed back over to Rugby practice. Jennifer set up the cones and set the ball down. "Alright who wants to test their skills first?"

"If you don't mind me going first." Kahula spoke up to Jennifer as she was the one that stepped up on the pitch. She wanted to show how it's done and she wasn't afraid to show it as well.

In the meanwhile, Conan brought out his smartphone out afterwhile as he was searching for something on the internet, namely with this Kahula Hale individual. He is wondering what was her case and he wanted to find out what they are dealing with.

"A'ight." Matilda spoke up as she was curious of what the newcomer has in store for the football club. "Honestly, I was going to go first but I'll wait it out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back