• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

I'm thinking on starting a new Pathfinder adventure

My attribute rolls:

[dice]22371[/dice]

That means: 14, 13, 11, 10, 10, 7.

Thinking about going for a half-elf atm, I'm not quite sure what my second favored class would be then, though.

Great, that should round up the party quite well :)

OK, I got stuck during the character creation - maybe one of the more experienced players can help me out with a few things:

- How many feats do I have? Found a passage that indicates that it's one per character level, but I'm not quite sure.

- How do I get my hit points? Do I roll the Hit die for that?

Starting feats depend on what class and race you play. Everyone gets one to start, humans get a second, and many classes get feats starting out.

And the feats you get are at every other level, except for the bonus ones you get for whatever class you are. For example, fighters get feats every level.

So as a half-elf ranger I would start with one feat, right? Advancing to level 2 then would grant me 2 additional feats, one for the additional level and 1 combat style feat for the ranger level 2, assuming I don't choose a second class. Is that correct?

Silanon said:
So as a half-elf ranger I would start with one feat, right? Advancing to level 2 then would grant me 2 additional feats, one for the additional level and 1 combat style feat for the ranger level 2, assuming I don't choose a second class. Is that correct?
No, you get feats from your odd levels.

Ok - after a moment of slight confusion, I think I finally got it - I had a misconception on how the whole thing works, apparently. Thanks to both of you for explaining.

@Psychie, are you still going to use your character name from our last attempt? I'm planning on doing so with this character. If you are, we can still know each other. I'm still working on my character sheet on Myth-Weavers - Powered by vBulletin. Anyone else wants to use that site just click the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dicer said:
@Psychie, are you still going to use your character name from our last attempt? I'm planning on doing so with this character. If you are, we can still know each other. I'm still working on my character sheet on Myth-Weavers - Powered by vBulletin. Anyone else wants to use that site just click the link.
Yes, I am using the same character with a few minor tweaks to lower her back down to first level. Renna and Fordrin can still be good buddies.

I am going to use a variation of Athaclenna as a human instead of an elf. It makes sense to me, since she is only third level it will take just a little work to rewind her to first again.

Hmm, Looking through pathfinder core I'm not sure I can make Mystic Theurge work with the narrative I'm imagining of a nomad or urchin kid teaching herself from scraps, stories, and the like.

@Isacoolbow; Can I get a solid yes/no on the Theurge Base class? I know it's not core, but after this I might be able to swing my thoughts else where.

Excellent @Psychie! That'll help me clone my comments on his character sheet. Let me know if you want to check out what I have so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back