• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme

After thanking Marianne for the assistance, and now with directions of where to go, they were all set (after blood bags were properly finished, that is). Only thing was the rain that still poured outside.

The town seemed small enough, the inn was within walking distance, and with everyone now more or less back on their feet, Leif thought it'd make sense to leave the truck were it was near the clinic, since Rawiri was Marianne's son, and just walk to the inn once the rain gave them a break.

As that thought crossed the vampire's mind, however, another one cut to the front: the fucking windows had been left open! He froze, eyes wide just as he was about to ask for Marianne again to handle her the keys. Swearing under his breath, he turned around and shot out of the clinic, racing for the truck.

Leif didn't stop to assess the damage until it was no longer progressing. Once the windows were fully shut, he took a deep breath in and out and only then looked around himself. The interior was soaked, as expected for a storm of that caliber. But at least it wouldn't get any more soaked now. Shit.

He sat in the car for a good few minutes, trying to figure out what to do next. Besides apologizing once they saw Rawiri, that was. Starting the truck, he moved it to the front of the clinic and headed inside again.

"Car's soaked." He mumbled once back inside with the others, rubbing at his face and neck, then eyes looked up at those inside. "Anyone want a ride to the inn?" He'd give anyone who wanted it a ride to the inn, then return the truck to the clinic and walk back, as he was already soaked anyway.

Last edited:
Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Cold...from the rain.
Interactions: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex .
Mentions: OrganicUFO OrganicUFO | BillieRoss BillieRoss | silverwhere silverwhere .
"I'm bloody soaked..." the young man muttered, feeling it appropriate to lay out the seemingly unrecognisable fact of his being drenched. The feeling of clothes clinging to his skin was something he hadn't felt in a long time but the weather that had brought out the sensation was something completely different to anything he had experienced before. And Wiri, who had introduced himself formally to the Irishman, explained to the latter that there was little they could do to stop the precipitation from battering Hatsu's house any further. The young man felt a bit saddened; everybody had worked so well to try and bring the blaze under control, only for their hard work to be undone by such a sudden, parlous, shift in the weather. Still, moaning about such things would bring no benefit to any of them, nor would it undo the damage now being to the residential property, water nearly lapping over both their shoes. Aódh nodded his head in regards to the ranger's injunction, and followed him out of the building. Having made his way out, his attention was alerted when Wiri turned to him, wondering if he happened to have seen Hatsu since the downpour started.

"I can't say I caught a glimpse of him now," Aódh replied, his eyes scanning their surroundings to see if they backed up his sentiment, "The last I saw of him was when he retrieved that metallic box you tossed out the window."

Then, so nearly as to disprove his prior statement, a pair of figures, despite the haze now enveloping the environment due to the thundering of the rain against the pavement, made their way into view. Aódh, hopeful of it being the homeowner, had his expectations dashed as, through the rain, two female figures were eventually outlined. Descrying the particular features of the duo, it turned out to be none other than Beatrice and Bill; that they were no more than soaked was a comforting thought, but discomforting in the sense that Hatsu was still unaccounted for. Though he was curious as to where they scuttled off to and what they were doing in the meantime of when Wiri leapt out the building, such questions have to be stowed away for another occasion. Worry for Hatsu was beginning to grip his senses, inflamed as they were already by the pity he felt for his now importuned circumstances. In a way, it only served to excite the man to utilise his enhanced senses as much as he feasibly could, to spy out the silhouette of the man against the environs of the town. As though some deity took a moment to care for his troubles, there, at the opposite point from whence the two B's emerged, was the form of a small figure, steadily moving away from the town. The young man would have glanced his eyes towards heaven were it not for his previous experience of a droplet nearly blinding him.

Determination seizing him, he turns to the ranger with a staid aura about him now.

"I've spotted someone slowly, but surely, heading towards the forest. It may be Hatsu, it may not be: if it is, happy days, the lad's safe; if it isn't, we've at least ensured that one more person isn't left straggling out in the rain. I'm going to head after them. If you want to follow, I'd appreciate it but there's no worries if you don't want to. "

Facing himself in the direction of hoped-to-be-Hatsu, with a wink and a thumbs up towards Wiri, he bounds off across the pavement in pursuit of the person making their way into the forest.

Last edited:
Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words KodakWolf KodakWolf Silver- Silver- Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Britt-21 Britt-21

Jesus Christ did she hate the rain.

She hadn't always, not really. She used to love it. Sitting on fire escapes just to listen as the drops rattled off the metal roofs in the city. Falling asleep to the sound of thunder beyond her window. Now, a small piece of her, desperate to be heard, clinging to any part of her mind that would allow it, hissed in feline repulsion at the thought of stepping out into the downpour.

Another part of herself, new and foreign, craved it. Softly pulsing against her chest, comforting and encouraging her forward.

Indy didn't reach for one of the new shirts, only taking one of the laminated cards to slip into her pocket as the others discussed a series of unfamiliar names. Indy still couldn't bring herself to ask about Augie. It shouldn't matter; there was no way it was the same man exactly and, frankly, even if he was they had only spent a few days together at most. There was absolutely no reason for her to go traipsing after some stranger whom she had met in fantasy land when her mother was here; when they quite literally covered in blood amid shark-infested waters.

Still, Tilly, Sage, Marius, Levi--she tucked those names aside, keeping a close mental hold on them. She tried not to wince every time the Coven was mentioned, instead inching her hand closer to Roje, reminding herself they had made it out. They were alive.

God. She was alive. Just remember that, and maybe the insides of her eyelids would eventually stop looking like the inside of an underground cage with tile walls and a sobbing, broken girl--long since lost.

Indy followed, half lost in her thoughts as Marianne explained the directions around town and where to head next. The rain was still pounding on the window. If it weren't for watching it, Indy would have thought it was part of the song now quietly inching back into her mind. Everything was warped now. Nothing fit exactly as it should be, hovering someplace between real and imaginary. She was adrift, somehow, without anchor and without understanding.

A drowning cat.

It was Leif's frantic running that finally drew her back to the present. The truck was apparently soaked. That rifle was probably shot, then. Aside from that, the guy--Wiri--he probably wouldn't mind too much hopefully. Lord knew he had enough fucking water in that truck to begin with between the mountain of water bottles, and knowing what she did now, it seemed Wiri wasn't the type to exactly shy away from getting a little wet.

"You drove last, that's on you." Indy turned to the others, appraising their varying levels of exhaustion. The two quietest members, the bearded man and the girl, were still unknowns in terms of how battered they were. Silver seemed in good enough to shape to walk if needed. "Any consensus? I'm good to walk considering the rain and lack of room, you"--she shot a pointed look at Roje--"should ride." I need you to stay alive and okay, no matter how much fucking Kool-Aid you drank.

coded by: @s e v e n

Bill
Outside the charred remains of Hatsu's house
With: OrganicUFO OrganicUFO , Larry Larry , Collidias Rex Collidias Rex [With]; silverwhere silverwhere [In the vague vicinity of]

It was still pouring with rain, and her wet hair kept falling into her face. Still, she supposed it was better than a house fire, and even if it wasn’t, it wasn’t like there was anything she could do about it now. Everyone had scuttled off to cover, leaving just two silhouettes in the gutted house.

The weird third magical presence was, at least, fading. On the one hand, that could prove to be very bad news - depending on what it was they might have formed some sort of bond, and they’d need to track down the source of the extra energy before they could dispel the storm. On the other, it was probably very good news. There were enough variables at play as is. The fewer the better. And if she needed it to dispell the storm, well. That was a problem for future Bill. Present Bill had much bigger problems to contend with.

She looked back at the two men standing in the house.

“Neither of them are the home owner, are they?” she asked Greenwitch (Beatrice), “he were a bit shorter, to my memory.”

Was it mean to pick on him when he wasn’t here? Surely not. She was just stating a fact. And it wasn’t like he was around to get offended by it.

Well. Maybe it was time to practice being neighbourly. She’d invite them around, make them tea, offer them towels. Introduce herself, apologise for being snappish with them earlier. Lie and say it wasn’t how she usually was. And then they’d laugh and she’d let them tell long winded anecdotes about their such and such and so and so, and then they’d all think she was normal and friendly and-

The irishman from before bounded confidently out of the house towards the woods. He was new in town, probably. And he wasn’t exactly dressed for thunderstorm bushwhacking. Best case scenario is he’d get himself sick, worst case he’d get lost in the woods and die from exposure. Usually she’d let it slide, but the storm had been her idea, so if he died it’d technically be her problem, and the choice was so mind-bogglingly stupid that she was yelling before she had the chance to think.

“Where in the hell are ye goin’ in weather like this, dressed like that?”
she called out after him. “Do ye have a death wish or are ye just thick? Oi! Jackeen! I’m talkin’ tae you!”

Previous exhaustion (and any promises to be cordial) forgotten in the face of such unbelievable nonsense, Bill strode quickly after him, having to jog a little to keep up with his long strides.

Roje.png
tumblr_inline_oyiz4qWBFp1ro4fjb_500.gif

@ClinicSquad Out Of Words Out Of Words

Taking in the information from Marianne, she nodded and continued to down her bags, making sure to leave some for Leif. Even though she had been starving, she knew better than to hold all the bags to herself. Besides, she'd be fine for the time being till she were to find an Animal to feed from. The vampire offered her a small smile when feeling her hand against her own. After that, she went ahead and used some strength to get up from the bed before moving toward the red bin labeled "Biohazard" and tossed her empty blood bags into it. Which was followed by her turning toward the table and grabbing one of the gray shirts that were provided. Even though she was in front of a whole crowd, she saw no issue in taking off her leather jacket, and replacing the bloodied one, with a new one. Very early on she learned that her being shirtless was just exposing a bikini top, nothing different. "Sorry, not sorry." she said she slipped the jacket back on and stretched out her limbs some as she heard a very faint lullaby coming from the door. The brunette took a glance over toward it and found it very odd that she was hearing some kind of song that she's pretty sure she never heard before. But with the rain, it was hard to tell how prominent it could be.

After stepping out of the back room, her and the others were given directions to the inn where they'd have rooms free of charge. Well that's convenient, but that still doesn't help us for after the fact. the vampire thought as she made her way to the front door where she took a glance outside, seeing the rain just down pouring and creating all the puddles it could "Definitely going to be getting a bath out there." she glanced over her shoulder "Anyone got a bar of soap?" she asked before Leif dashed out the door to the truck. Guess he wants to get out of here too. Roje couldn't blame him, it was getting a little weird in there. Looking over her sister, she looked far tired than anything and knew rest was highly needed. What made her release a laugh was Indy bossing her around "You're bossing your big sister around? Well then, I can't start being a pushover from my little sister, can I?" walking over, she suddenly scooped up Indy in her arms and spoke "I may have just recovered from all of that shit, but that doesn't mean I'm weak you know." the vampire moved toward the doorway and turned her back to it, pushing the door open and standing on the small porch to take a look around That rain was coming down a lot harder than probably preferred. The sounds dulled her hearing, as well as her smell. Damn storms.

"I don't always need to rely on my vampiric strength to carry things. Worked my physical body out too...And you're really not that heavy to begin with." she shrugged while pursing her lips and lifting her eyebrows before going back to normal "You need more of the Ride than I do. All I needed was my little packets to gain the energy I needed. Water also isn't an issue if I need to sit in the bed of the truck. I got my jacket...Kinda." while standing there with her sister in her arms, she thought for a moment "Hmm... You know what... Give me a second." putting her sister down for the moment, she walked back inside and to the receptionist, asking if they had any trash bags they could have to protect them from the rain. To the luck that there was possibly left, she was given 2 bright yellow ponchos, 3 larger trashbags, and a few little ones. "Thank you, I appreciate it." offering the front desk a smile, she began to work on handing out some gear. The first yellow Poncho went to Clementine ( AsherMasher AsherMasher ), since she had seemed to be the youngest of the group so youngins get priority.

Roje had gone ahead and gave Edwight ( Thropian Thropian ) A trash bag "Just rip the middle part at the bottom of the bag to create a head hole. We're gonna make our own ponchos." she informed him before instructing the same with Silver ( Silver- Silver- ). After that, she moved outside to where her sister is and handed her the second yellow poncho "Put this on. Got some things from the front desk." she gave her a slight smile and looked toward the Truck that leif returned from. He was kinda already wet, so did he really need a bag? "Hey blondie, if you want this other bag, I can give it to you. Though I think its too late for that now, huh?" she asked before feeling her pocket buzz. Raising her eyebrow, she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out her phone, to which she didn't even realize she had. "Are you fucking kidding me?" she stared down at the lit screen that was showing her it's 'Time To Train', only making the vampire more confused. "I'm not sure about you, but I'm 100% sure we did not have these phones when we left and came back." she informed Indy before double checking to make sure it was her phone.

To which it was. So she went to the first place she could click from the home page after dismissing the alert: Contacts. She began to go through them, in search for anything or anyone that she could call. Even her connections at the very least.​

Hatsu Black
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words
This was probably Hatsu's first time ever seeing a horse this close. He never had a horse phase and refused to even consider the idea after he saw a gang of kids running on all fours while neighing. That wasn't something that 6 year old Hatsu was interested in, so he was never enrolled into horse camp. Turns out, the monster in the woods wasn't bigfoot or some serial killer. It was just a normal horse. Which was kinda weird, since he wasn't sure how a horse ended up in the mountains. He only knew about that beach with all the wild horses, but that was it. Sighing, he put his phone into his pocket completely forgetting about ending the video recording. Hatsu wasn't sure how to interact with the black horse. It obviously wasn't wild, right? They were in the middle of the mountains and he was pretty sure they were herd animals so it shouldn't be alone. So maybe it belonged to someone in town, however he never saw a horse in town. And if there was one, it would live on the farm and he doesn't remember seeing one there.

The whole situation made him think of Boy, who was found by Augie. Augie really wasn't sure why a stray dog would be in the woods. Much less a blind on, but either way Boy found his way into becoming a mascot. Hatsu had always assumed that someone dumped the dog after they found out he was blind. Maybe the horse same could be said for the horse; even though that didn't make much sense. It most likely belonged to a camping group and ran away. Or the owner went for a saddless ride and the horse is now asking for help. The horse whined which snapped him out of his thoughts as it started to walk off and then wait for him to follow . This was weird. And he really wasn't sure why he thought it wanted him to follow it. The smart thing would be to turn around and get out the storm. He was not dressed for this and his leather jacket was most likely ruined. It was also then when he heard the muffled yelling of Bill over the rain. Hatsu couldn't make out what she was saying but he was prettying it was probably her cursing some poor soul out. No, he was not going to make friends with her and he didn't want to have to deal with telling her that she wasn't invited for dinner. So he did the only other thing he think to do to avoid conversation. He started to follow the horse. Nothing to close, just far enough that if the horse tried to charge him he could hopefully jump behind a tree or something, but not to far that he couldn't see or keep up with the creature. "Let's see what kills me first, mother nature or a fucking horse." he mumbled to himself as he adjusted the safe into his other hand.

Beatrice Welles
With: BillieRoss BillieRoss Larry Larry
The rain had completely drenched Beatrice. Her hair clung to her cheeks, and the soft wool of her sweater weighed her down. Normally Beatrice loved this kind of weather. It brought her a sense of calm that no sunny day could. It gave her peace. However all that went out the window when she’s stuck in the rain. This type of weather is best suited for indoor activities, not walking about getting soaked in it. At this rate, Beatrice knew for a fact she’d come down with a cold, and as she walked beside Bill her discomfort only grew as her shoes sloshed with water. This truly was the worst.

The only good thing to come of it in Beatrice’s mind was that at least the house wasn’t on fire. However how she’d help Bill deal with the mess was another issue entirely. Especially considering the mysterious third party who had aided in their spell. Who knows if they’ll even be able to undo it without them. Beatrice’s brows furrowed in concern as the rain continued to pelt her. She could hardly hear what Bill was saying, and just nodded along. Something something homeowner. The thoughts about the spell raced through Beatrice’s mind, and her focus was elsewhere. That is of course until a figure darts towards the woods.

“Where in the hell are ye goin’ in weather like this, dressed like that?” Bill called out after him. “Do ye have a death wish or are ye just thick? Oi! Jackeen! I’m talkin’ tae you!”
Suddenly Bill was jogging towards the figure. This of course was not something Beatrice was excited about. She’d rather be inside, and Jogging wasn’t an activity she enjoyed as a whole. However the idea of being left alone with all this was too much to handle, especially since she still has no way of reaching Bill, so Beatrice begins to try and catch up to the stranger too. The ground is slippery, and Beatrice slides as she tries to keep up with the pair of them. She can hardly see three feet in front of her with the rain, however soon the figure begins to look familiar.

“Aódh!” Beatrice shouts, trying to pick up her pace to keep up with him.

Edwight
Tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher , Silver- Silver- , Rhyme Rhyme , KodakWolf KodakWolf , Britt-21 Britt-21

After his question had been asked, Edwin and Dwight sank into themselves to contemplate, to figure out how best to handle their current situation. A younger Edwin had always dreamed of adventure, of travel, but this was more than he'd expected. No idea where he was or where he'd even gone. It was concerning to not even know which direction home was.

The sudden flurry of Leif racing from the clinic was the first thing they saw upon their return to the waking world. He hadn't even noticed the sound of rain. How long had they been sitting? It was a cloudless day last he saw. No, something felt off about the rain, and the air. Something unnatural had caused this storm. Hopefully it wasn't dangerous, as it seemed they would be going out through the storm.

As he stood and accepted the trashbag from Roje, the names he'd heard in his meditations drifted in. Tilly, Chase, Levi, Sage. They all seemed familiar, yet Chase stood out the most. Edwin had met him in two different worlds, and Dwight knew him. It seemed almost too convenient. But then, Leif was equally constant. The others of the group were around, but of different names, if nothing else. It was a thought that stuck to him as he punched holes in the bag.

As Roje swore about her phone, Edwight stepped out into the rain in his trashbag shirt, and ran his hands through his already soaked hair. "Hope that thing can survive the weather. Be a shame to lose it right after you got it back." The rain felt nice. Though it was unnaturally called, it was still rain. Cooling and refreshing.

He then turned to the other vampire, offering truck rides. "I'm good to walk, though when you seek out Chase, I would like to join your search if you do not mind. It would be nice to see Levi again, assuming it is the same Levi I knew." Plus, he was curious about Chase and how he was in this world. Was he disabled as he was in the caves, or was his affliction something worse?

Last edited:
Rawiri Reaves

Tagging BillieRoss BillieRoss Larry Larry ; silverwhere silverwhere (mentioned, nearby)

"I've spotted someone slowly, but surely, heading towards the forest. It may be Hatsu, it may not be: if it is, happy days, the lad's safe; if it isn't, we've at least ensured that one more person isn't left straggling out in the rain. I'm going to head after them. If you want to follow, I'd appreciate it but there's no worries if you don't want to. "

Someone. Wiri didn't like someone. Someone was nebulous, especially when it was in the woods. Though at least someone was better than something. Wiri squinted at the treeline before glancing back at Aódh.

Apparently Irish's eyesight is a lot better than mine.

A lot better.

Marasong was far from a normal place, but some days were stranger than others. He took a moment to reflect. The newcomers on the outskirts of town. The injured girl in the back of his pickup who had appeared from nowhere. The fire. The rain. Aódh's very impressive vision. Today was quickly becoming a strangeness singularity, and he didn't like that. Wiri nodded slowly, keeping eye contact with Aódh for a moment before his brain caught up.

"Yeah. Poor bastard's house just burned down - he can't be in good straights. Let's catch up with him and bring him back to the inn - Seraphim will take him in."

Wiri fell in behind Aódh as he took off, following with more speed than his enthusiasm. He slowed for a moment, catching Billie in the corner of his eye as she too moved to follow Aódh.

“Where in the hell are ye goin’ in weather like this, dressed like that? Do ye have a death wish or are ye just thick? Oi! Jackeen! I’m talkin’ tae you!”

"We're lookin' for Hatsu!" Wiri called back, answering in Aódh's stead. "Iri- ... he reckons he saw someone moving into the forest, we're chasing after!"

Shit. Was Billie Irish or Scottish? How many people could he get away with calling 'Irish'?

"You seen the lad go past?"

And just what in the fuck are you doing snooping around back here? Wiri didn't ask that, but he watched her for a moment as he followed Aódh. On any other day he wouldn't think twice, but hiding in the bushes behind a burning house? The weird shit singularity was growing wider with every passing minute.

Christ on a bike, I need to get my bloody truck back, he mused bitterly. Whatever storm was unfolding, he needed to be prepared for whatever came next.

Riley Adler / Boy

Boy was ready to wait a full day for help. Maybe even a full week. He'd never grow tired of watching all the shapes and forms around him. That was probably why he didn't immediatelly realize how soaked he was getting, and how cold it was starting to feel.

When something grabbed hold of his fur the dog startled, jolting backwards but stopping as soon as he realized it was Marius. He was still tense, because he still didn't really know who or what Marius was, but when he made out the old man's words among the heavy rain sounds with some difficulty, eyes shot up from his face and started looking for shelter. It was really the only other thing he could still do for Marius. And for himself, too.

Latching a bite on the man's suit, the dog started dragging him toward his little rock shelter, stopping here and there to double check if they were on the right path. Good thing it helped warm him up too.

Once inside, Boy dragged Marius as deep inside the cave as he could, only then stopping to shake as much water as he could off his fur a few yards away. Then he'd drag one of his blankets off his mattress and place it beside Marius, and then sit to observe him, see if being inside made any difference for the old man. Ideally, he should get rid of those wet clothes, but Boy didn't know just how lucid the man was, and if he'd need any help, and most importantly, any help a dog couldn't provide, which would force Riley to shift. So at first he just watched, and waited.

Last edited:
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Pay Another Day

Luckily, Marius was rail thin these days, and not terribly difficult to tug around. There were some bumps and moments where his clothing got caught on a bit of the rock floor. Maybe there was the sound of fabric ripping slightly, but Boy got the older man inside and out of the rain. However, once inside, the dog's echo vision was considerably less.

There was still the occasional flash when a sound was made inside the little cave, but nothing compared to being out in the rain. The man didn't say anything more, but once Boy had settled down nearby, one bony hand reached out to pet the wet fur of the dog. Much like he did in the cafe, the dog seemed to draw him out of whatever trance he was usually in. It seemed to calm Marius and even drew a small smile, though the dog couldn't tell, even with the echo vision. It just wasn't as strong inside.

Until several minutes later, it was.

"Boy! Boy!" Augie's voice barely made it to the opening of the cavern, but he was already there, entering in search of the dog. There was another pair of footsteps as well, heavier, much heavier than Augie's. The noise helped 'light' up the area, and Boy would be able to see Augie's figure, and a taller, much broader figure behind him. "Boy might know Marius' scent and can.. Oh shit! Marius?"

The larger figure rushed toward the figure on the ground, rushing to check in on the status of his dad. "Pops!" He checked his father over for any injuries, but just found a very soaked, bedraggled man, who held a hand out for the dog.

Augie clicked his tongue and tapped his leg, hoping to keep the dog out of the impatient Sage's way, and knowing how the dog might shy away from a stranger. "Boy! Come over here. It's okay, come here. You did good Boy."

OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : Sage also smells like the deep ocean, very similar to Marius. He's relieved, but very worried even after seeing his father isn't physically wounded. They're both dripping water, and Augie is a bit anxious, but flooded now with relief. He will give you very good pets before using his blanket to try and help dry you off.

Oh yeah, you're starting to smell people's emotions, and think you heard the darkness laughing quietly upon the realization.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
A Horse Has No Name

What started as a get out of the rain, turned into chase the small figure into the woods expedition. Aódh led the pack, so to speak, with Beatrice hot on his heels, followed by Bill and Wiri. With the absolute downpour of rain, sound didn't carry nearly as far as it could have, and the small figure Aódh had seen, disappeared into the woods on the edge of town.

Hastu, currently oblivious to the small train of people chasing him down, continued toward the black horse in the trees. Even as it moved deeper, he followed, but remained purposefully out of reach. The horse moved a little faster as soon as it noticed Hatsu was going to follow. It'd trot forward, then check behind as if to make sure the figure was following. Always moving Northward, delving deeper into the woods whenever possible.

It preferred to stay on the Eastern edge of the woods, with trees and other forest undergrowth making the town more and more hidden from view. Any time Hatsu seemed to pause, the horse whinnied, and pawed at the ground until the man moved again. It seemed to be trying to lead him somewhere, or to someone.

OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : The horse definitely wants you to follow, there's no mistaking it. Maybe its owner is hurt, maybe it needs help, maybe it wants something else, but it most assuredly wants you to keep following.

Aódh Larry Larry : You're closest to see when the small figure moved into the treeline and out of your line of sight. The rain is dampening any sounds, you can barely hear noise behind you but not make out what they're saying. You do sense they're following after you.

Beatrice & Bill & Rawiri OrganicUFO OrganicUFO BillieRoss BillieRoss Collidias Rex Collidias Rex : Aódh is making decent time, and the wet ground isn't helping you chase after him. If you go too fast, you're likely to slip in a puddle, or along the wet cobblestone path. It's raining cats and dogs, figuratively speaking. Sure hope someone rolled up those windows you left down on the truck, Wiri.

Beatrice/Bill/Rawiri ONLY: Please use an online dice roller, and roll a d20. Include your result in the location or tags of your next post.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Looking for Rest and Relaxation

When Leif talked about giving a ride to the inn, Marianne interjected, "It's more direct and faster to walk there. No vehicle will make it deeper into the trees. You'd have to go back and along the outside, and in this rain.. that sand won't be anyone's friend. You can come back for your car and leave it parked on the Southern side of town when the rain has stopped." She didn't know they arrived in Wiri's truck rather than one of their own.

And Marianne had to react to Roje, or rather, some of the words coming out of Roje's mouth. She cleared her throat and leaned in closer. "Seen one too many Twilight movies? It's good to work out, go to the gym a bit, I see." Her eyes did a little widening and narrowing, trying to subtly remind her how normal the group was supposed to be. They weren't in that back room any longer. Talks about vampiric strength was not in the normal category.

She guided the group of them to the path leading out of the clinic's gates, and showed where to go from there. She pointed in the direction of the inn, "If you mind your steps, you can get there in five-ish minutes." There was another gesture to the puddles nearly everywhere by now, and still growing. "Do be careful on the cobblestones though, they can get slippery if you're not used to walking on them." It was clear it was time for them to depart so she could focus on some damage control within the clinic.

"If you need the clinic's services, you know where we are now. Tell Seraphim I said hello, please."

OOC Information

Roje Britt-21 Britt-21 : Scrolling through your contacts, you see very few familiar names. Mostly some of the old crew you hung out with back in the day, but enough time has passed, those may not be in service any longer. There's a couple of blood banks, with addresses in New York City, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. There are also entries for a Joe, Mack, Twig, and Dad.

Everyone Else : The lighthouse light is on, due to the intensity of the rainstorm, but it helps you pinpoint which way to go. The rain is not stopping, and if you stand outside much longer, no poncho is going to be of much use. Once you do reach the inn, a woman is waiting behind the front desk. She looks like she's expecting someone to walk through the door, and once the group filters in, she offers up a wave and a smile. (See Seraphim in the Notable NPCs list and Local Inn in the Lore for a full description.)

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Determination is flowing.
Interactions: silverwhere silverwhere .
Mentions: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex .
Keep your eyes on them, keep your eyes on them, the intention repeating over and over in his mind as his feet, once pounding against urbane, cobbled pavement, soon made sloshing sound as the sprinter found himself trampling over wettened-grass. The figure, as though enticing Aódh, kept moving gingerly, as though from uncertainty or trepidation, into the forest and ever more out of the Irishman's sight. The ambling only led to an increased tempo in the tourist's movements. The stickiness of the clothes against his body was beginning to agitate him, so much so that the notion of discarding his T-shirt at least, flashed across his mind; a counter-poised evincement of shame struck him almost as strongly, so he continued as he was, the irritation nagging at his self-assured, calm exterior. If only I could transform, I'd have this person nabbed and brought back to town in no time, he moaned to himself, the scenario of his enlarged, lupine form casually strolling back into Marasong with a half-frightened-to-death straggler struggling on his shoulder. Such an imagined scene of consternation caused the young man to break out into something of a giggle; despite the seriousness of the situation, his capacity to laugh at things was left undisturbed, prompt as he was to assume his former sobriety. Yet, if his hearing was able to locate anything through the mass downpour, it seemed that he wasn't the only person running after this person. Though he wondered who it was, possibly Wiri, if he were to look down and then lose sight of the one he was chasing, it would be for nothing.

The weather wasn't getting any better, and the longer this person was out there, the more perilous their situation could end up becoming.

Then, as though his concerns were the plaything of a capricious arbiter, the figure walked out of sight and into the forest that skirted around Marasong.

Aódh bit his lip.

Resolving himself, he bade himself to pick up the pace.

Hatsu or not, he needed to make sure this person was safe.

And so he sprung, predaciously after the wanderer.

Reaching the point where he saw the diminutive figure enter the verdant phalanx of trees, Aódh pupils dilated at the sight: it was Hatsu! And strangely enough, he was being led, as almost in a trance, by the striking figure of a black horse. What seemed even more remarkable, was that the horse would trot in an effort to encourage the disconsolate homeowner to follow, and stay itself in order to make sure Hatsu didn't linger too far behind. Whilst it may not impossible for a horse to behave in this way, by the circumstances of the day, beginning with the incident in the Loving Spoon, the fire at Hatsu's house and the furious rain that was bulleting down now, Aódh wasn't in the mood to entertain other theories.

"Hatsu, you daft bastard!" the young man roared, desperation seeping into his voice, "What the feck are you doing?!"

Last edited:
Bill
With: Collidias Rex Collidias Rex , OrganicUFO OrganicUFO , Larry Larry [With]; silverwhere silverwhere [Chasing]
Rolled a 4

“What the fuck is a Hatsu?” she asked the other guy, yelling over the rain. “I’ve no’ seen anyone back here except-“ she caught herself before she made the mistake of referring to Greenwich as such - “Bee. But if he’s made the brilliant decision tae go stompin’ around the woods in the middle of a storm-“

She cut herself off, abruptly remembering that she’d technically made the decision to go stomping around the woods in the middle of a storm as well.

The fella she was talking to sounded like that Wiri guy. They’d not properly met before now. She’d seen him in the cafe once or twice, heard mention of him from Tilly and Miranda, but she didn’t think they’d exchanged a conversation. Bill had spent most of her time here unpacking and moving in, and then after that working out what plants worked for what and how to discretely make her potions and generally doing her best to keep a lid on her demeanour and not cause any major incidents.

Well, too late for that now, she thought, irritably pulling a hair elastic out of her pockets. It took a little bit of fishing around the topical creams and potions she’d brought with her. She messily tied her wet hair back in a ponytail, keeping the damp strands off her face.

On closer inspection, this Wiri guy seemed kind of covered in soot, kind of damp with sweat as well as rainwater. And someone had referred to him as a ranger, at some time. Which meant more likely than not this was the fireman. Which meant that she’d called him a I'm uncultured, before they’d even had the chance to meet.

It was kind of a relief, not having to pretend to be chipper and upbeat and personable anymore. It was also kind of a disappointment, that she’d failed so comprehensively to keep up the charade.

She tramped along over the muddy ground, and startled when the lanky guy up front took off running. She tried to pick up her pace to keep up, doing her best not to trip and fall in the mud, managing a stuttering jog in spite of her exhaustion.

“Hatsu, you daft bastard! What the feck are you doing?!” Paddy yelled, still running off through the woods.

Oh. He sounded…concerned.

He sounded like something was actually…quite badly wrong.

She was still tired from summoning the storm. She wasn’t sure if she could do anything helpful if something went wrong, but planning ahead had never been her strong suit anyway. As subtly as she could, she retrieved the wand from her inner pocket and slipped it up the holster in her sleeve, ready to have drawn at a moment’s notice. It was still kind of dark, and the Paddy at the very least seemed too preoccupied to notice. She hoped this Ranger fella was too.

"Both of ye!" she yelled, out of breath, "Get back here! You'll only get lost n' die in the woods! And I'll no' be draggin' yer corpses back home tae Mummy!"

Edwight
Tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher , Silver- Silver- , Rhyme Rhyme , KodakWolf KodakWolf , Britt-21 Britt-21

The rain was falling thick and blinding, but not more than a man of the wilds had walked through before. They figured that most of the locals would be hidden indoors away from the sudden sqall. The others would likely take the truck ride, and Edwight could be alone to roam the town and see what he could find.

"It's more direct and faster to walk there," the nurse stated. Darn, that would likely ruin the plans to explore. The others probably wouldn't understand nor trust him out alone. Unless...

"I'll meet you guys there!" He yelled over the storm, pretending to have not heard the nurse. "Don't wait up!" Hopefully they heard enough as he walked off. He went, up until he could not longer see them through the rain, and then turned away from the lighthouse and instead headed into town.

Walking the town was difficult. He didn't want to be seen walking along the front of every building, but seeing signs and details proved difficult in the downpour. What he did see though was a town laid out for tourists. The more local places, like homes, farms, and city functionaries, away from the docks, and tourist traps, like stores selling pretty rocks to a restaurant covered in bright attractive painting and displaying baked goods, sitting nearly on the docks. The restaurant seemed familiar though, like they'd heard the name before. Without thinking, Edwight pulled a voucher from his pocket to check. The water slicked laminate nearly slid through his fingers, but this was the place.

Finally satisfied with their walk of the town, and soaked through the trashbag poncho, they continued on towards the light and the inn. At the door, they shed the poncho, and shook out as much of the rain as they could before crossing the threshold in. A simple wave to the inn keeper, likely the 'Seraphim' the nurse had asked the group to greet, before moving over to the fire place to warm up and dry out a bit.

Last edited:

Roje.png
AliveElatedFieldspaniel-max-1mb.gif

AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian Silver- Silver- Rhyme Rhyme KodakWolf KodakWolf Out Of Words Out Of Words

Oof, Roje already slipped up. Maybe it was because she was comfortable to a degree with the rest of the group, almost forgetting they're in a place where people like them weren't welcomed. "Well duh, Twilight! I like to compare my strength to that all the time. Pretty fun actually to see people's reactions and all." she joked, but she did seem a little awkward with it. This is ridiculous but gotta do what we have to do. The best Idea for me is to shut my mouth about anything that has to do with supernatural beings. Or else I'm gonna get us fucked by whatever comes to clean us up. These are the times that the vampire usually would beat herself up over the carelessness of her mouth...Mainly because she usually didn't care. Though, it was understandable with just herself. But with her sister and this group, she had to keep in mind that she could put all of them at risk. She wasn't alone, not anymore. With an inaudible sigh, she kept thinking about those contacts within her phone. Mainly the most recent entries for Joe and Twig: Who were part of the Exterminators. As well as someone named Mack, followed by her father: Dad. Who the hell was Mack? Did I even meet a Mack? Plus why is my dad in here too. I never call him... Are we in another timeline? again, too many questions, not enough answers. Dammit.

Marianne lead the group out and Roje herself hoisted Indy onto her back without too much issue, listening to what she had to say. With a brief nod, it seemed some of them were already walking toward the inn, prompting the vampire to go on ahead as well shortly after. "Thanks doc!" she called over the rain, going in the directed direction. The makeshift poncho was doing its job, though, sadly not for her hair which was soaked in no time. The lighthouse was very obvious in lighting the way, so no one had an issue to find their destination. At least we have some time to recuperate, maybe see if we can trade what we know just to figure out what is going on. I'd start with the people I've never met before...Like Leif who literally carried my ass and kept me alive the whole time when he could have let me die. shaking her head, she continued to hold onto her sister, being careful along the walk.

Once they had arrived to the Inn, she sighed in relief and headed on inside "Does it normally rain cats and dogs out there?" she asked aloud in hopes to get a response from a staff member within the lobby. When looking over, she noticed the girl giving them a smile and a wave in greeting. That must have been the girl that Doc was talking about "Sorry to get your floor a little wet." placing Indy down, she took off her make-shift poncho carefully and folded it to where it wouldn't drip as much as it did once they walked in. Looking toward the fireplace, it seemed to have been lit, making it nice and warm within the room. Perfect for drying off "If you don't mind, I'm going to take a seat for a little bit, I have to make an important phone call." she informed the front desk and giving her a slight smile before moving over to the fire and sitting almost on the edge of the bottom mantle.

While those who arrived began to make themselves comfortable or whatever, she pulled out her phone again and looked into it, staring at the contacts that only stared back at her. If I were to call, who would I even call... I don't even have a phone charger so I need to choose wisely. Looking between those in the entries, she began to think of the pros and cons of every single situation. Eventually she picked Joe, knowing very well that he was reliable. Probably someone who could help out with the fog that still kept confusion lingering. Her thumb hit the call button and she brought it to her ear, hoping to hear a ring and not a voice mail right off the bat.​

Beatrice Welles
With: BillieRoss BillieRoss Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Larry Larry silverwhere silverwhere (chasing)
Roll: 13
The rain was pounding down on Beatrice, so much so she could hardly see a foot ahead of her. The ground beneath her was slick and dangerous. However Beatrice only vaguely noticed the cobble transition into grass and dirt and she moved deeper into the woods trying to chase after the figures ahead. Her boots were entirely soaked, and Beatrice could feel water sloshing between her toes, however she was too focused to care.

The more she ran the harder it became to see and hear. The roaring of the rain rang around her, and as her clothes grew more and more soaked, and her hair more and more wet, Beatrice felt entirely consumed by the storm. However she was too far into the chase to stop. She knew Bill was behind her, and someone else she’d only vaguely met.

Suddenly as she ran, Aódh’s voice cracked through the storm.
“Hatsu, you daft bastard! What the feck are you doing?!”
His words snapped her out of her focus and Beatrice nearly slipped as she kept running. She tried opening her mouth but the shock of nearly sliding kept her silent. This whole thing was entirely crazy, so better she stay safe. As she ran towards Aódh and Hatsu she couldn’t help but wonder what drew them to the woods. This whole thing felt like a death wish, but she was too deep into the chase (and too lost to know how to turn back regardless) to stop.

In the distance she sees two blurry blobs. One vaguely human shaped and the other was just a black blur.

"Both of ye!" Bill yelled, out of breath, "Get back here! You'll only get lost n' die in the woods! And I'll no' be draggin' yer corpses back home tae Mummy!"
Bill’s shouting finally motivated Beatrice to snap out of her own silence and join in on the shouting.
“Yeah!” Beatrice yelled, “It’s dangerous! Can’t we go hiking like normal people and wait for sunny weather?!”

Hatsu Black
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Larry Larry BillieRoss BillieRoss OrganicUFO OrganicUFO Collidias Rex Collidias Rex
Hatsu shifted the weight of the safe so he was holding it in both hands. It was heavier then he remembered but he was pretty sure that was because he was growing tired of carrying the box. He probably should have left it outside the woods when he realized that it was just a horse that was stalking him, but he was still worried someone would nab it and keep it for themself. He followed the horse as it kept drawing him further and further away from town. He could easily turn back, but curiousity had it's grip on him. It was obvious at this point that he was being lead by some horse from a Disney movie asking for help. If it even needed help. Maybe it was trying to get him far enough away from civilization to pull out a gun and mug him. He doubt that would happen. There aren't guns big enough for horses to hold and they don't have thumbs. Unless it could magically turn into a human and pull out a gun. Then again that also wasn't possible. Either way, it was oddly peaceful being in the pouring rain in the woods. He was drenched and he was probably going to develop hypothermia at some point during this mission- but he still found it nice to be by himself in the woods. It gave him alone time to reflect on what happened during the day and time for him to calm down. Plus it was free live ASMR.

Of course, his peace was interrupted and he was jolted out of his thoughts as Aódh came running and yelling. Aódh's words did not process, as Hatsu's body acted on its own. He turned towards Aódh and threw the safe at the other man. It took Hatsu a few moments to recognize that it was Aódh and a few more to realize that he did in fact throw the safe at him. Then he heard Bill yelling about dragging him to his mom or something before he let out a groan. He was trying to avoid her and now he probably won't have a choice but to play nice and talk to her. "Sorry about the safe, you really shouldn't sneak up on people like that." Hatsu said avoiding answering Aódh's question, mostly because he didn't really comprehend what was asked. He walked over to pick the safe up from the mud. Then he heard Beatrice yelling, “It’s dangerous! Can’t we go hiking like normal people and wait for sunny weather?!". She had caught his attention causing him to look up at her as he kneeled to pick up the safe.

Maybe the whole going into the woods during a rainstorm was a bad idea, but it really wasn't nice to be scolded by strangers about his poor life decisions. However, it was important that he figured out what the horse wanted. Hatsu turned to look back at the horse to not see it were he left it. Great. They scared it off. He sighed as he stood back up with the safe now in his arms. No point in trying to go after it especially since it seemed to be spooked by the arrival of other people. Another day he'll come back and see if he could find it again. "Maybe hiking in the rain is my specialty," Hatsu said, "I thought I saw a dog in the woods and I was just trying catch him. Must have been my imagination. He's probably with Augie." Hatsu then made a path to leave the woods. "Anyhow, I promised you dinner right? Since you helped with the fire." Hatsu said obviously trying to change the subject as he looked at Aódh, "You're also welcome to come." He said as he looked at Beatrice. He didn't really know if Bill heard or not, but he was pretty sure he'd end up inviting her if the other two accepted. Maybe they won't since everyone is soaked, but hey one can only hope.

Silver Blackwood
Tags: Thropian Thropian

Oh shit, the truck’s windows. Silver silently cursed herself for not having paid attention further to the status of the borrowed Hilux as she wasn’t normally one to exit a vehicle without knowing it was properly shut off. The blonde vampire’s exasperated expression and the slumping over of his body in what looked to be a mixture of renewed exhaustion told her enough and his words confirmed the suspicions she’d had with how briskly the rain seemed to be falling. “I’ll pass,” she answered aloud without hesitation as the idea of sitting in a rainwater-soaked pickup truck full of bottled seawater and miscellaneous items made her shudder. Squelchy cloth seating sponging water into her clothes had her thinking she’d rather fight with the squall itself instead.

Silver thumbed the smooth laminate in her coat’s pocket unconsciously as she thought about their next moves, tucking away the familiar names that had been uttered only moments ago and listening to the melody that wormed it’s way in from the clinic’s corridors. She found herself also staring at Roje on accident just as she’d been changing clothes and after realizing this, proceeded to pinch the bridge of her nose, squeezing her eyes shut out of silent embarrassment until they were all beginning to move out of the room behind Marianne. She trained her eyes to the floor for a while, noticing how she could feel she was gradually becoming overwhelmed by everything that had happened up until now.

Shifting by the light of a crimson moon triggered by the feral aggression boiling in her by her father, somehow meeting various supernaturals in a small timeframe and finding herself wedged between still being human in terms of street smarts but also having a hand in what the mundane would consider to be fairytale. No matter how many parallel universes they were plopped into, she was sure she’d never get used to it all. A pang of distress shot through her as she wondered just how many Rhevens she’d have to go through just to find the one she’d met back in her hometown. Half of her had felt some sort of kinship with him, the feeling only growing after the whole ordeal with Ravens. To have someone she could properly rely on, to shoulder her worries and pull her out of whatever darkness was gnawing away at the little emotions she felt, it was a good thing right? The other half of her thought nothing of their separation and kept her closed off so she wouldn’t go scouring through hell and back to find whom she considered her only friend. But there are others you want to protect, right?

The muscle in her jaw leapt in response to the question. She barely knew any of them and in fact, if she had been approached with such a crowd of people to forcibly befriend back at school, she was sure she would’ve made the nearest corner away from them all her best friend. The fault in her heart was what drove her to stay—flickering embers of worry and the desire to help even if she wouldn’t dare voice her own concerns. She breathed a sigh of contempt, her dark gaze finally training on faces instead of the bleak floors and walls of the clinic before she watched as Roje instructed Edwin on how to make a makeshift poncho out of a trash bag. Silver could almost feel the glare settling in her eyes, nodding to the vampire almost absently in understanding. It would look ridiculous but it would have to do—unless she burned holes in it by staring at it hard enough.

The poncho innovation reminded her of when she was a child and her mother and her would use plastic shopping bags to cover their heads with—a memory she wasn’t ready to receive. It was so genuine and well-meaning but the thought of either of her parents right now only made her tense up with silent anger. Kind memories of the past couldn’t replace the void that had carved her older self out of stone. Roje’s sudden cursing caught Silver off guard for a heartbeat as an amused scoff left her upon seeing he vampire manifest some old little phone from her pocket. She pressed the buttons with such intensity that Silver quietly wondered if it was one of those indestructible Nokia cellphones considering she’d travelled from another universe with it. That being said, Edwin soon took his brief leave of them just as Marianne was going to show them the path back.

Silver stood up quickly in one fluid motion after having torn the hole the trash bag for her head to fit through, mentally wincing at how she may have torn it a little too much judging by how she could feel the cold clinic air whispering around her neck a bit. “I’m gonna.. make sure he gets back alright”, she said to no one in particular but cleared the threshold of the exit in seconds. Her swift pace couldn’t be stopped by the rain as it bore down on her in heavy waves, making her feel as if she were stuck in a hurricane but without the wind to blow her away. The air was thicker than she’d imagined, full of something powerful and intangible but her senses not really being able to pick up on what it was other than the fact that it was probably some sort of force like magic. She asked herself why she would’ve even followed suit after Edwin in the first place, thinking he was a capable man that knew what he was doing, but then she remembered his ambling from earlier and that alone had been enough to worry how he’d even get through this.

A cry of surprise came from her lips when she collided with a lamp post, stumbling backwards for a moment as she flinched and placed her palm to her forehead in annoyance. She couldn’t even see a few feet in front of her, the rain was offering her an image of her surroundings through essentially frosted glass. Edwin’s scent had been smothered so quickly, it was as if she’d been walking around blindfolded at this point. Regret welled in her, made her heart thud a little too hard in her chest and anxiety threatened to grip her with an intensity that she could feel her skin itching. Her clothes were plastered to her body already, providing nothing but an irritating skin that she growled aloud at with assurance that no one would hear it. Soaked to the bone standing in the middle of somewhere, it would’ve been nice if she could spot a tell-tale sign that she was close to one of the spots that had been mentioned earlier like the Inn or The Loving Spoon, but instead all that greeted her were residential homes. If someone peeked out of their window, would they see her? Her breath hitched in her throat at the thought, as if being seen would be the end-all be-all and she lengthened her stride as she battled through the icy rain. The chill that struck her was one that she hadn’t felt before and while in a way it was refreshing, it was also making her hands feel numb.

If only I could shift, then I could figure my way out of this mess a little quicker. No one was around to see it, right? And it wasn’t like an old-timey werewolf thing where her bones had to break and fuse back together in a painful manner, it was like summoning a figure, focusing on it and gaining its abilities and appearance. Her wolf was her shadow—always there and ready to protect. Indy and Marianne’s voices chimed in though, warning her with words and watchful looks. “Fuck!” She snarled, stomping her foot on the concrete pavement and shoving her hands into her pockets. Even if she did shift.. that wouldn’t fix her awful sense of direction. A light was rhythmically blaring from somewhere once she reached the eastern edge of the throng of houses.

Even through the squall she could hear the crashing of waves and the comforting scent of the ocean, along with a few sparse trees creating the beginning of a sandy treeline. This is what I get for wanting to be nice and help. I probably shouldn’t have gone out on my own in the first place. Anger threatened to well in her dark gaze, tempting to blur her vision further and combine with the rainfall but she couldn’t allow herself to show weakness even if there was no one but herself to see it. A few buildings lined the docks, seeming vacant by the shadows and unlit rooms that greeted her once she got close. She took shelter beneath one of edges of the roofs, huffing as she could feel herself trembling from the cold lapping at her. As much as she wanted to sink down onto the floor and bury her face in her knees, she couldn’t. Exhaustion threatened to lull her into a sleep she probably shouldn’t embrace and so she simply stood, leaning back against the wall and closed her eyes, listening instead and focusing on what might help guide her back.

Was there a lighthouse close to the inn? Was she somewhere that cars would be active enough to be driving around to light up the road so that she could catch a glimpse of something or someone? Or would it be best to just dive into the copse of trees and hope for the squall to weaken? “God, I’m such an idiot.”

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Rhyme Rhyme Britt-21 Britt-21 Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Silver- Silver-

When Marianne said it'd be easier to walk to the inn even in such pouring rain, Leif remembered something about cars not being allowed into town. And most of the others manifested they were fine to walk too, so walking it is.

"Right..." he nodded, offered Marianne the keys. "Then can you give this to Rawiri and... say we're sorry the windows were rolled down?" He added with apologizing half smile.

Then Roje offered Leif a plastic bag others were using as makeshift ponchos, and just as he was about to agree with her and decline, her phone started buzzing. Her phone. Her fucking phone. If he were just a bit more glued to his phone like so many people, it'd be the first thing he'd look for upon appearing by that waterfall. But no, it hadn't once crossed his mind.

After the short moment of realization in which he froze, he quickly reached into his pocket and fished out a phone. His phone. Sure hadn't been there in Skyrim. It was kinda wet, but not hopelessly so. There was battery, and a very weak signal. It'd survived the weather. He then accepted the plastic bag Roje was offering, if not for himself than for his phone.

When Edwin talked about joining his search for Chase, Leif nodded, glancing up at him rather absently. "Sure... you see spirits right? That's helpful." Soon eyes were back on the lit screen of his phone.

Leif didn't even notice when others started walking, absorbed as he was into trying to squeeze out whatever information he could from the phone. Among numbers of book publishers, a bank, his most recent agent, and other random contacts, some of which he remembered, was one he absolutely didn't expect: Turid. Eyes wide, he let out a sigh of relief regardless.

Turid was alive, and she had a phone. And he had her number. That much was great news. But it also meant he probably hadn't returned to where he originally left, to where Turid was most likely dead, and if not dead, presumed dead. This was something else, somewhere else, perhaps... a different point in the same timeline. There was also that possibility. He didn't find Chase's number, and he didn't know if that fact was odd or not, but at least he knew where to look for him.

Checking the gallery, among several pictures of different natural landscapes, random dogs and horses, eyes laid upon a familiar dilapidated stone church and an isolated wooden cabin. Home. Scrolling further, Leif froze again, frowning. He looked behind himself for a place to sit down, and ended up just leaning against the clinic's wall.

Eyes fixated back on the screen, on the pictures of him and Turid. It was definitely her, there was no doubt. But she looked nothing like the toddler he remembered caring for. Nor like the young girl in the village by the water. She was a young woman. He'd seen her as a young woman before, briefly, in some sort of dream. But this looked different, more real. Leif's frown was replaced by a small smile. Looking at the pictures of them together, they looked like siblings. She was close to his age, however impossible that seemed to be.

There was a picture of her boarding an ocean cruiseliner, and he zoomed in, looking for any hints of where they were, or where she was going, but found nothing, at least at first glance. He had to try calling her. Eyes finally moving from the screen, he looked out at the streets and the pouring rain. Perhaps at the inn he'd get better signal, and if not, they certainly had a working phone there.

Taking a deep breath to calm down the growing anxiety, he wrapped the phone in the small plastic bag and headed out into the rain and toward the inn, following the path Marianne had indicated.

He took a bit longer than he should to finally reach the inn, because he kept scanning every corner for a familiar figure. Neither Chase nor Turid were likely to be outside in such a storm, but it didn't hurt to make sure.

When he arrived, some of the others were already there, Edwin was warming up by the fire and Roje seemed to be making a phone call.

"Good..." a quick glance outside to check what time of the day it was yielded no results. "...day." he waved at the young woman behind the front desk and gave a brief nod. He didn't walk in, and stood outside but out of the rain as he squeezed part of his shirt to get some excess water out, then reached for his phone in his pocket, taking it out of the plastic bag. Checking in and finding his room would take too long. It could be done in a bit. So he dialed Turid, turning to face the street outside as he waited, eyes still almost involuntarily scanning every corner they could reach.

Last edited:
Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words KodakWolf KodakWolf Silver- Silver- Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Britt-21 Britt-21

Indy was not the type to enjoy being held. Even when she had been stuck as a cat, every time her mother had tried to pick her up Beth had described it as attempting to hold a sentient and enraged mass of wet noodles. As result, when her sister scooped her up, Indy began to struggle on instinct, though Roje cheerfully carried on before depositing her--wet and indignant--outside. A yellow poncho was then deposited in her arms as Roje went off to care for the rest of the group.

Hate of the rain won out over fear of looking like a banana and Indy reluctantly pulled the yellow poncho over her head, scowling. When she looked back up at her sister, she saw she had discovered a phone in her pocket--the sharp song ringing as someone was apparently trying to call her. For a quick moment, Indy was shocked that her sister was getting any cell service at all, before the reality that her sister had a phone this whole time sunk in.

Trying not to let her sore feet fuel her sudden irritated exhaustion, Indy tugged the poncho hood lower over her face and checked her own pockets. No phone, just a familiar set of keys to an apartment thousands of miles away, a small familiar case, and--oh, thank the lord. Her flask sat in a familiar weight against her leg. She pulled it out and gave a small experimental shake and heard the magnificent liquid slosh around inside.

"We definitely did not have any phones," Indy agreed, uncapping her flask and taking a quick swig. It burned her raw throat; may be enough to burn the melody from her brain. "Do you have anyone useful in there? Someone to call?"

Just then the other man with them, sporting a torn trash bag as a poncho, came trailing out as he commented on Roje's phone and asked to follow in the search for Chase and Levi. So he knew Levi as well--Indy made a mental note to ask him about it later; at least he seemed relatively more approachable than the blonde-haired vampire barely suppressing his desperation from inside the truck.

Marianne pointed them forward, sending them straight into the storm as she clarified it would be easier to walk after all. The man sporting the trash bag immediately took off without hesitation, shouting back with more life than she had so far seen from him for the others not to wait up. There's is not a single chance that man is headed for the inn.

Silver seemed to sense the same and quickly ducked off after the man. Until she suddenly found her feet hoisted from the ground and she gave a surprised shriek. Roje apparently was thriving on the Twilight idea and had commandeered Indy to be her spider monkey. Indy started to protest, but the rain shooting sharp droplets into her eyes and mouth caused every attempt to shout to turn to sputtering coughing. When they finally managed to get to the Inn and Indy was dropped back to the floor, she was left sputtering and coughing as Roje chatted with the innkeeper. Indy was shocked to see the man from before was here, the blonde vampire following--eyes glued to his phone.

Indy tugged off the poncho, wiping her eyes with her sleeve and attempting to push the wet strands of hair away from her face. She approached the desk, quietly inquiring as to whether there may be a phone available for use.

The first issue was to call Beth, get some things arranged for them to leave, collect the whole group--

Whole group.

Shit. Silver had followed the man. The man was here. Silver was not.

Indy slowly approached him where he sat by the fireplace, a puddle of water beneath his feet. She crouched, shivering at the warmth that seeped into her from the fire. The temptation to shift and stretch each limb under the heat was difficult to suppress.

"Hey." She was terrible at introductions. "Indy. I didn't get your name. Did you uh, did you see Silver? She went after you, was going to follow you up here--did you see her on your way up?"

coded by: @s e v e n

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Into The Woods

Aódh might have had to duck something flying his way if it had been thrown by someone with similar strength as the werewolf. It was still likely a surprise to see something thrown in his direction. It sank a bit, as the ground wasn't cobblestone in the woods, and the rain was doing quite a number on making things muddy and just so very, very wet.

So wet, despite Bill's best efforts, one foot slipped across a particularly slippery, algae covered, stone hidden under the growing mud. For a moment, the world tilted, then met her with enough force to knock the wind from Bill's lungs. There was a good loud splash, and rain fell on Bill's face as she lay looking up at the canopy of dripping leaves.

Beatrice was just close enough from behind to see Bill take a fall. Wiri was bringing up the rear, but unless he had been looking in their direction at the time, could have missed the fall. It could have looked as if someone was there, and then next time he looked, they were gone.

And still the rain pounded down, but once they were in the forest, it was at least filtered slightly by the trees. It wasn't much, but in such a storm, it was something.

OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : The horse is gone, it would be near impossible to find the dark beast in this storm now. Even its hoof prints were being quickly filled and hidden by the puddles of water.

Aódh Larry Larry : You're getting a bit miffed, like really miffed now. You can feel your insides churning with the chaos of the day, the rain, the danger Hatsu seemed oblivious to, people yelling at you from behind. The cold wasn't getting to you, as you were heating up from the inside. Your voice has a bit more of a guttural growl. From experience, you know you need to calm down.

Bill BillieRoss BillieRoss : With the impact of your fall, you could feel the wand slip free from your sleeve. It's now somewhere in the water and mud around you, with the rain still making it extremely difficult to see.

Beatrice OrganicUFO OrganicUFO : You see Bill fall down, and she's nearly lost in the puddles of water. If only you had some more light, but the storm's thick clouds are hiding any trace of the sun. Though as you look toward the North, you can see the moving light you know to be the inn's lighthouse.

Rawiri Collidias Rex Collidias Rex : Hells bells, what a day you're having. From dealing with a pack of strangers, to the house fire, and now this surreal downpour of rain that just won't fecking stop, you're on edge for certain. And you think you might have seen a black horse farther in the woods, just a brief glimpse, then it was gone. You know you've seen that horse before.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Riley Adler / Boy

The dog startled, but quickly wagged his tail when he felt Marius' hand starting to pet his fur. He even got up and moved to curl up against Marius, hoping it'd help warm him up, even if just a little. He was a quite disappointed by his echo vision getting considerably weaker, but he was glad Marius' distress seemed to have subsided. He'd lost his original eyesight once, he could handle losing his new one now.

Sometime later Boy heard Augie calling his name and instinctively got up, ears perked. The rain made smelling and hearing a lot more difficult, and before the dog could confirm that Augie was really there, and he wasn't just imagining it, his echo vision did it for him, and he spotted Augie's shape rushing into the cave.

But he was quick to realize that Augie wasn't alone. Soon as he saw his figure, he spotted the much larger man rushing toward Marius from behind him. His son, it seemed, from what he said. He thankfully didn't seem to be paying Boy much attention.

The dog quickly backed off and out of the huge man's way, tail low, barking a couple of times as if to let both men know he was there, afraid to get accidentally run over by the giant. The barks helped him see a lot better, and he tilted his head a bit at the realization he'd just learned how to use his new ability a bit better.

When Augie called him over, the dog quickly circled around Marius and the strange man. He trotted as close to the wall as possible. If the man was with Augie, he probably didn't need to be afraid of him, but it never hurt to stay wary. Perhaps the man could blame him for whatever was going on with Marius, but Boy could tell he was really just very concerned about Marius.

He ran toward Augie, tail wagging as he let out a couple of whines. Because his echo vision was updated with a certain delay, and the scents and sounds were still all mixed up, the dog ended up running into Augie, but quickly recovered, standing on its hind legs to try to greet the man with some sniffing and a couple of licks to his face.

Augie was really relieved, and so was Boy. The dog circled around the man's legs then sat by his feet, tail wagging as he received the pets, and still wagging when Augie started trying to dry him off with the blanket, but he did keep a constant eye on Marius' son. Just in case.

Now that things calmed down a bit, the dog could notice the man's scent was very similar to Marius' deep ocean scent. A strange scent, but Boy wasn't too focused on it. He was paying attention on how the man seemed relieved too, and on how Augie still felt a bit anxious.

Right. He had a really good sense of smell and hearing, but he didn't remember being that sensitive to other people's feelings. It felt like all the relief, concern and anxiety in the room were spilling over and onto him, and there was something else, too. There was the feeling of someone, or something, laughing at him. Mocking him as he realized all those strange sensations. The dog looked around anxiously, but didn't see, hear or smell anything nor anyone else besides himself, Augie, Marius and the large man. Strange. It felt a bit like when his echo vision was offered to him just a short while ago. But he'd never perceived his magic as a conscious entity. Never before. It'd always been a tool for him, a trick, a special power. Never another being. It was really unsettling.

His attention was drawn back to Marius and his son whenever any small noise came from that side. If the man turned around, and the dog noticed, he'd circle around Augie and hide behind him, still paying close attention to them.

Last edited:
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Singing In the Rain

"I'd say mahre like a drowned rat, boeht so am I." The very Irish sounding voice carried a bit of a gravel tone, and was closer than Silver realized, but then again, she had her eyes closed. Just out of arm's reach, stood a man about as drowned in the rain as she was.

He had a couple of inches in height, and a couple of years of age, though age was always a bit difficult to guesstimate. He had brown hair, kept short which was good in a rain like this. The man had a mostly trimmed anchor style of mustache and beard, and a complexion that hinted at a possibility of a summer tan. He wore a few wrist cuffs and beaded bracelets on his right arm, blue jeans with holes in the knees, and a wet tee shirt with a unicorn dragging its butt and leaving a rainbow behind.

"You need sahme 'elp? I'm Toehcker. I know de place like de back o' me 'and." The Irish was strong with this one. He grinned at Silver and waited for her response, seemingly at home standing out in the rain.

OOC Information

Silver Silver- Silver- : The man's demeanor is casual, comfortable, though something about the accent seems almost out of place. He does seem extremely at ease, making his claim of knowing the area believable. Something about his smile though, it doesn't quite reach his eyes in the same way. Your senses are telling you to be wary, but then again, you do need to get out of this rain.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back