• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
With: Aódh, Bill;
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words BillieRoss BillieRoss Larry Larry
Mentions: Rhyme Rhyme Britt-21 Britt-21
Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: Sacrosanct;

With the gliding grace of a Guardian Angel, Bernard had swooped in to save -- relieve -- the Irishman of a situation most awkward. His graveyard of a face lightened with each passing moment as he exchanged glances between them. Tension so palpable that it could be cut by a knife, but before the Dane walled a greater defense in his colleague's favour, he analysed them more. Their breaths, the way their cheek bones tightened, the way Bill betrayed her friendliness - or lack thereof by denying him a handshake, and other such baubles of bodily language. A slender hook wormed up to Bernard's throat to adjust his collar, a seamless reflex that hinted his fondness for ties or bow ties. Though lacking one at the moment, the claw pulled and tugged at the edge of his collar. The sheen of his steel-blue eyes twinkled and glistened with the rejuvenating nature of moisture, they had receded their hornet stings at last. "Professor Bernard Greve, ma'am." Said Bernard, voice encrusted with respect and the regal intonation belonging to an academic. The mental duel starts here. Already Bernard envisions the fight before him. Verbal feints, question parries, and lexical dodges a plenty. What is it that you hide, Bill? His mind beamed. Knowing his own fortune recently it is highly, highly likely that another chip -- another electron of the supernatural wiggled the succulent bait before him. Hatsu, ever the anti-socialite, deigned to grace them with his presence. Bernard had been in a pseudo-state between the warmth of the Sandman and comforting, chill of Death's embrace yet he seemed more rested than the man. A quirk of the preternatural physique, he ascertains.

Aódh soon departed, Bernard called this into question like a monkey picks ticks. Did this woman truly trouble him that much? It is easy for Bernard to sometimes forget that many are not like him with his innate resistance to despondency and terror, then again it is not like he boasts any immunities to these afflictions of the mind. A smile cracked on his countenance, shoes beat like tympani drums on the floor. Except a familiar voice knifed its way into Bernard. Indy's voice — "Have you seen her? Did she come back last night?"

The itch to stop and wheel around to offer assistance was not undeniable, only to be trampled under Bernard's boot. But that doesn't mean he is deaf to her pleas, he will take this as a sign to help; absent of notions that would stop him.

---- The Loving Spoon Arrival ----

Through the town of Marasong, Bernard walked while likely shadowed by Bill's nascent presence in his mind. His eyes hurled themselves towards the general store, yet he resisted the urge to go inside. That fool Irishman routed that plan, so Bernard will simply have to acclimatise himself with his hunger again. At least for this passing hour or two. The familiar diner opened itself up to him with the clattering of a bell, Aódh had already been inside he noted. The zipper of his jacket sliced through the coat, unfurling itself from his body and onto a nearby chair. "Godmorgen, Tilly, Miranda. A spot of lemon tea would do me nicely this morning." The professor spoke softly.

Last edited:
Bill
With: Aódh ( Larry Larry ), Bernard ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Bill couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow as Bernard introduced himself. He seemed a long way from any university for a professor, who she was pretty sure was supposed to do things like teach and research. She wasn't a hundred percent sure. She'd never gone to university. It was weird to be addressed as 'ma'am' as well, she never much felt like a ma'am. But the thing about his introduction that stuck out most was that he'd given his full name.

He'd given her his full name.

There were things she could do with that, spells she could cast. Things she told herself she'd never do. Maybe this time...

Or she could just google him. She'd maybe start with that.

Paddy turned to her, the nervous edge around his eyes still there "...I'll s-see you there."

She almost felt bad for him. She would have, if she wasn't partially convinced this was an elaborate scheme to get her to drop her guard.

She watched as they made their way out of the inn and straight for the Loving Spoon. Neither of them were behaving too oddly, aside from the professor, but that had all been pretty run-of-the-mill mundane weirdness.

She had hoped to get a few moments alone with Paddy whilst Prof ran off to do whatever stupid chores he had to do at the general store. She sucked her teeth in annoyance. She was far too caught up in the espionage mission she suddenly found herself in to hear the distressed tone from the woman at the reception desk.

She headded out, sparing a glance at the people working at the docks, and pushed her way in. Paddy and Prof were already there, making themselves at home.

She called out a greeting to Tilly and Miranda, helping herself to some eggs and sausages.

"I'd love a mug of coffee if it's going, Tilly," she said absently, sitting down and watching the other two men.

So far they seemed normal enough. Lemon tea was a very...normal choice. Paddy was practically sweating bullets, but he'd been acting nervous all morning. This was getting her nowhere.

She cast around for a way to ask some questions without sounding too suspicious. Trying to think of the least suspicious thing to ask, wondering if she could wait for them to sit down or if she could spring it on them whilst they were loitering.

"You've both come a long way, aye?" she asked, trying to sound innocent, "All the way round to the other side of the world. Anything bring you here?"

Last edited:
Hatsu Black
- He/Him -
IC Encounter - Talking with Seraphim | Amber Alert
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Rhyme Rhyme
Seraphim tilted her head to one side, and for a moment her eyebrows drew together. "Broke.. a .. lamp?" A few blinks, and then she put on a smile that didn't fully reflect in her eyes. "Oh, well. Accidents happen. We'll have a replacement sent to you room and the other cleaned up for you." She paused to jot down a few things, then looked back up at Hatsu. "First time is no charge. Any other accidents though may need to be added to your bill."

"Oh, no worries about replacing it," He said as he shifted in place due to the uncomfortable look Seraphim gave him, "I don't want to accidentally break another one."

Hatsu stayed quiet as she wrote down a few things, "Thanks, I appreciate it. Sorry about the lamp."

She gave a small smile and nod of her head, then folded her hands on top of each other. "Have a good day. Oh, be mindful of the docks. It's pretty busy this morning, likely be that way all day. First Thursday of the month, after all." As if that had some significance he should know about.

This felt like an awkward conversation and Hatsu was ready to end it. He wasn't 100% sure what Seraphim was trying to convey to him, but he assumed that the majority of the imports arrived on the mentioned day. Which meant that the docks would be busy unloading the cargo and getting it to its rightful place. That also meant that Bug would also busy since he ran an import shop - or that's what he assumed. Either way, he decided to go ahead and avoid both the docks and Bug's shop for the time being.
"Right, Thursday," He paused, "I'll try to stay out of the way then." This was the perfect opportunity to leave, "Alrighty, I do have to get going. Have a nice day and thank you, again."

With that, he turned to leave only to find that a new person had made an appearance and made a beeline towards the front desk. He quietly stepped aside to get her some space as she squeezed next to him, "Sorry, really sorry to interrupt--" she said. Whatever business she had with Seraphim was clearly urgent and it sparked his curiosity. It was rude to eavesdrop but he was curious and she didn't give him much of a choice. It was urgent business, there was no time to wait for him to leave.

"The other girl in our--my friend's room, 202--sort of looks like me but uh, lighter hair? A bit taller? Have you seen her? Did she come back last night?"

Hatsu wasn't sure if he had ever seen anyone of that description, if he had, it was someone that he didn't remember. Worse of all, maybe he had seen this person during the weird timeskip of yesterday but had no recollection of it. It was odd, with everything going on for someone to be missing and it could be even more dangerous if it was someone who was unfamiliar with the town. James Miller knew the town well but still ended up dead on the shore and the woods that surrounded Marasong were large - it would be easy to get lost in them. Either way, he felt like he should help.

"Sorry, didn't mean to eavesdrop. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Hopefully he wasn't signing himself up for anything crazy but he already knew that it most likely wasn't going to be normal.

Riley Adler/Boy

Keeping up with Augie's train of thought was tricky when the man only voiced a fraction of what was really going on in his mind. Boy could still somewhat sense his feelings, but he had yet to develop the ability to read minds, and he wasn't really willing to make any more dark magic deals.

When Augie moved to the front of the cave and started stacking up rocks, Boy struggled to figure out whethet what he was doing had anything to do with the objects they found in the inn, or instead with the fact tomorrow was Friday. Truth was, the dog was really confused, but if anything, he trusted Augie.

He watched for a minute or two as the man started stacking up the rocks, unsure of what to do. Thumbs did make a difference sometimes. He then moved to sniff the pile of rocks thoroughly, looking for any clues as to where they came from.

If this was a different day, he might then start to play with the rocks, grabbing one tossing it around then chasing after it. But today was a strange day, Augie was acting strange, so Boy instead just quietly grabbed rocks small enough to fit in his mouth and moved them closer to Augie, dropping them right next to him, and watching.

Leif Hjalkarssen

The excitement of seeing River alive and breathing gradually weaned off with the next words the man spoke, yet Leif didn't say anything. He didn't really know whose fault it was that they didn't take some extra time going over the procedure. It was hard to tell whether River had made it sound like they had no time, or whether it'd been Leif himself by being too eager for an answer.

Regardless, the excitement peaked again when River kept talking and said he knew either Chase or Turid, then plunged at the mention of good news or bad news first. He wanted to tell River to go with whichever order made Leif less likely to want to kill him again, but figured saying that might make them man hold off information.

"Bad news first." Might as well get it out of the way. The fact River even had bad news and good news was probably good news already, as Leif did fear the vision he had upon drinking River's blood might have been all the information he was going to get.

Under Da Sea

Roje's eyes shifted down to the mug that was lifted to her lips and slowly she lowered it before allowing her gaze to look around the room she was in. This was the Mansion's kitchen where many things happened here. Hazel eyes widened because she did miss this place but she had left to take her own journey elsewhere. Though before she could live through those memories, she heard her cousin Jason and Jeremy arguing. Raising her eyebrow, she glanced down and pursed her lips in realization Ah that's right...This was after Jeremy and I had a bit of fun. the vampire thought before both men attacked eachother which ended with Jeremy latching onto Jason's neck. "Woah woah woah!" she shouted as she quickly put her mug down and rushed over with the intent to rip Jeremy from Jason.

In attempting to rush over, Roje didn't quite clear the table. Her knee hit the corner, hard enough to jolt the table, and topple her mug of blood. Blood which quickly spilled on the floor, landing just moments before Roje's foot stepped on the same tile. She was sent temporarily off balance with the slipped step.

Roje attempted to keep her balance, however, she tried to grab onto the edge of the table for help. Which wound up with Roje landing hard on her back on the floor, and the table toppling after. Somehow, in all the personal bad luck, it was enough of a commotion to break whatever anger spell Jeremy had, and he stopped drinking Jason's blood long enough to look over at what was going on.

While Jason held a hand to the bite, in a good bit of shock, Jeremy laughed at the fallen vampire.

Roje not only smacked her knee into the corner of the table, but she had also knocked her mug over and got blood literally everywhere. But before she could react, she stepped into it and down she went right toward the floor. Even when trying to catch herself, she ultimately failed in doing so as she now was back against floor. At first she was a bit dazed and clenched her jaw in annoyance as she sat up, only to hear Jeremy laughing his ass off "You fucker! You laugh after you just bit the hell out of my cousin?" she asked, her eyes darting over to Jason "Are you okay jason?"

Jason was too shell shocked to reply, but Jeremy did grin. "It's about time he joined us, don't you think?" And he went right back in, with the intention of draining and turning Jason. And he was apparently trying to speedrun it.

Roje's eyes widen as she got up and went to tackle Jeremy off "Jeremy stop!" she shouted, knowing damn well she didnt want her cousin to be turned into a monster like herself. There was no way. He loves being human. Especially with his girlfriend Sammy. I will not let Jer do this!

Jeremy seemed unphased by her attempts to dislodge his teeth from Jason's neck. Her cousin was looking pretty pale, and his eyes started to roll back while his body went limp. After what felt like forever, Jeremy lifted his head and grinned at Roje. "Would you rather we let him die then? Make the choice."

The vampire pulled her fist back and slammed it into his face with full intent that she was probably gonna kill Jer herself. "I know plenty of people who can save him in this mansion we call home. I don't care if you're like a brother to Jason, I'll damn well will kill you myself!"

The punch hit Jeremy square on, only when Roje drew her fist back, the scene had changed. Once more she was underwater, held fast by kelp vines. The blonde woman who had the healthiest appearance of the other bodies in Roje's line of vision struggled momentarily. Her gaze locked with Roje's, but then they rolled back in her head, and her body went limp. Lost again in the visions, and Roje's own sight began to darken. Another memory sweeping her away as well.

The Vampire looked around at the same surroundings she had seen once before. The woman nearby was struggling just as much as she was. But it seemed she was succumbing to either the same thing that Roje herself was experiencing, or losing her own life. Before anything else could be done, she was being dragged into more of her memories that she wanted to stop reliving at this point. In fact, she wanted a way out. Was this a Siren's doing? No..Sirens sing beautifully to lure many into their traps...What in the world dragged her here?

Out Of Words Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
First Thursday o' the Month

Inside the Loving Spoon, Aódh was greeted warmly, and Tilly gestured to the beginning of the buffet where the plates were stacked neatly for people to use. "Oh, 'elp yerself, loverly! Jus' doncha overfill er plate! There'll be plenty fer seconds. And thirds!" She laughed and waved Aódh toward the plates before giving Miranda some directions to make sure all the coffee and juices were refilled before they reached half empty status.

A few people from the dock also came in to get some grub. They used the disposable plates, under a little sign tacked to the wall that read 'Grab n Go'. Then there were the traditional plates under a 'Take n Sit' sign. They way it was setup was efficient, and a sign that this wasn't their first ship rodeo. Those working could grab a quick bite and go back to work, and those who had the time to sit had tables set on the opposite side of the buffet to keep the line clear.

It wasn't long after, when Bernard arrived, and Miranda gave him a nod to affirm she heard him. "One lemon tea coming up." If it wasn't coffee, orange juice, or milk, then it needed a moment to be prepared. She headed behind the counter to get the lemon tea started, while Tilly made sure Bernard, and Bill who entered a little bit behind, noticed the buffet.

"Fresh coffee just out a' the end o' the food there, loverly." Tilly gestured for Bill. "If'n yer needed cream, sugar, or if'n yer be wanting a flavor coffee, just ask!" And in case there was any doubt, "All on th' house today. Eat yer fill! Busy, busy day!" She nearly sang the last as she checked on the newest batch of food to refill the buffet bins.

Meanwhile back at the inn, Seraphim's attention snapped to Indy, the young woman's tone just screamed urgency. However, she shook her head, "No, I have not seen her since.. yesterday. I'm sorry." And then Hatsu was offering his services, maybe prompting Seraphim to add, "Perhaps someone at Town Hall can also assist. However, I'm sure she's fine. It's not a very large town. Is she the sight seeing type?"

And in a little cave along the Eastern shore, just short of the Cove, Augie rewarded Boy with good pets for the help. It wasn't really helping, but the thought counted in his book. Augie moved much larger rocks, and after a while, Boy could tell he was building a makeshift 'wall'. Several minutes passed in silence, before Augie became talkative again. "Tomorrow night they'll be people passing by, and I'd rather they not find this entrance. So.. I build up this rock wall in a way that makes people think there's nothing here. At least only have to do this once a month, eh?"

While at the ranger station, River gave Leif a bit of a nod, then grimaced and rubbed at the back of his neck. He had some aches after coming back, but tried to focused on the news he had. "Bad news. I am not familiar with Turid, but I did not find this Turid in Marasong. Now, that doesn't mean they aren't somewhere. Maybe if I knew more about what they looked like, I could.. uh.. try.. again." River's hair kept falling into his face because he kept dipping his chin at the prospect of being killed again. Just because it was his 'thing' didn't mean he liked it.

"Good news. Well.. better than bad news? Chase is being protected. Like.. there's some.. bubble? Sphere like thing around him, which is actually keeping him.. safe. Without it.. well." He gave a wince and a roll of a shoulder. "As to how to save him?" His cheeks filled with air, then subsequently emptied as River blew a puff of air with a bit of a sigh. "It's complicated. And.. pretty dangerous. And I don't even know the half of it, honestly. It's something akin to voodoo magic, but more powerful. I can't tell you exactly how, but I can guide you to who you need to speak to. Alyce."

Under the sea, somewhere entwined with seaweed or kelp, Roje had a small spark of rebellion, but it was squashed swiftly. The darkness swept her away again, only this time it felt like she was being spun around and around. Once she felt dizzy to the point of being light headed, light returned. She was huddled against the base of a tree, the woods somewhat familiar. It was a little campsite she had been to as a child. She sought refuge in the surrounding woods when her parents, her fake parents, had a fight and bottles had been thrown around.

A young Roje cried, knees curled up to her chest, as she wanted to be anywhere but there. When she looked up, there was a small cat staring back at her from a fallen tree nearby. It was white with dark brown ears, and it looked like it had seen better days. It had patches of fur missing here and there, and likely filled with fleas and ticks. And it sat there, staring, as if waiting to see what Roje would do next.

OOC Information

Loving Spoon (Aódh, Bernard, Bill) Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian BillieRoss BillieRoss : Plenty of food set out, and lots of drink options. With Tilly and Miranda keeping things running smoothly. Quite a few dock workers stop in, grab a muffin, or a quick plate of food, and head on out with a thanks on the way. They never seem to stop moving for very long. Marius actually waves now and then to some of them as they pass by, and every one of them waves back, leaving a smile on the old man's face.

Marasong Inn lobby (Indy, Hatsu) Rhyme Rhyme silverwhere silverwhere : Seraphim doesn't seem very worried, it's only been a day, and most new people to town like to take in the sights. While Hatsu, your newly opened eyes can see sea glass everywhere. And you swear every now and then when you don't look directly at it, you feel as if there are eyes watching.

Cave by the Cove (Riley) KodakWolf KodakWolf : The first Friday of each month, there was some type of celebration, camping thing by the Cove. Augie always avoided it, and made sure others wouldn't accidentally stumble into his home. He liked his privacy, and it wasn't too much trouble. There was a small section left open to come and go, but he played with angles. People on the outside had a visual illusion and all they'd see was a continuation of the rock face.

Ranger Station (Leif) KodakWolf KodakWolf : Seems like all roads lead to Alyce, or at least she's a fork in the road to the final answer. Now to figure out where the heck to find Alyce. Maybe you can ask River another question, or find out more about his powers first, and sit around the station another day.

Under the Sea (Roje) Britt-21 Britt-21 : What a mangy looking cat. There was something off about it, maybe the way one side of the upper lip seemed caught, exposing one long tooth and giving it a curmudgeon demeanor. You have no doubt it's watching you. Maybe even judging you.

Sleeping in (Silver) Silver- Silver- : When you do wake up, you see the note Indy left for you. Gone to look for Roje, will check back before dinner. Though is it safe for her to be looking on her own considering you and Roje lost her yesterday?

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds

Last edited:
r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Mentions: silverwhere silverwhere
Mood: Tutela;

The Dane sequestrated a chair, patiently awaiting the warm supplement to the disguise of normality that he adopts. Whilst waiting, the Scottish woman casts a lure into the darkness of their raison d'être for being in Marasong. Bernard drew a breath. The air spun through the atrophied airway, audibly crying in a whistling fashion. Without missing a beat, Bernard locked eyes with the woman. "Oh, I am on a short research venture, in fact I will be departing soon. A paper on the electrical phenomena regarding weather occurrences on the New Zealand peninsula. I met the Irishman a day or two ago. Actually, I thought he was a local and was hoping to show me around the island. Been so stuck with my nose in the sky or paper that I hadn't had the chance to properly explore." Said Bernard, voice laced with self-confidence and relaxation. A proper lie is a combination of multiple elements: confidence, occluding your body language, and the truth. At this moment, Bernard possessed all three without trouble. The truth, he is here on research but not the one Bill suspected. Body language, control-freak that he is, Bernard is no stranger to human reactions. And finally, confidence; Bernard's lying streak is quite large so he is not the least bit worried. His hand snakes over the table to lift up a glass of water, while the wait continues for the lemon tea. He took a sip. Aòdh would realise that the professor's style of speaking has also changed; going from remarkably verbose to commonly casual. "What about you, Bill?" Said Bernard, stealing another sip of water. "I saw you and Hatsu a day ago, are you helping him with his..." A pause lingered uncomfortably in the air, like a spider that hangs from a thread over your head. "burnt home?" Depending on how she answers, Bernard may be able to discern her intentions though vaticinating that she won't simply relinquish her motives outright.

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Not so at ease anymore.
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | BillieRoss BillieRoss | Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions: silverwhere silverwhere
The young man strolled over in the direction that Tilly gestured to and gladly began to pick out a place on his plate for all the foodstuffs being offered. Keeping in mind Tilly's suggestion about there being plenty of food for seconds later on, Aódh didn't pile the food half as high as would be his wont, but instead left the plate somewhat scant, perhaps as a means to induce his hunger. He then requested, in a soft tone, that he'd love to have a cup of tea when the two of them were in a position to make it, thanking them wholeheartedly before heading on over to a table that Bill had chosen. He nestled into the seat beside Bernard, an existential dread hovering about his person, sitting in silence for a brief moment before Bill asked them about their reasons for being in Marasong at all. Aódh, bound by that sheepish feeling since waking up, allowed Bernard to step in and explain his own reasons for being in Marasong, reasons quite well-known to the Irishman as of yesterday. Then, not only turning the question back onto Bill herself, but he also made a curious, at least from its intonation, comment about working alongside Hatsu the day before. Aódh didn't know what to make of it, or what Bernard was making an inference about, but he decided to let the question hang in the air for a moment.

Then, he decided to give his own reasons for being in Marasong.

"A-actually..." the young man began, wringing his hands beneath the table, "...I was in Wellington for a few days before I...before I decided to take a tour of Te Waipounamu. Marasong was one of the first stops on the tour a-and after some jostling with the bus driver, he let me go about my business. It's...i-it's a quaint 'oul place, I thought. The reason I'm in New Zealand in the first place is because, though Bernard knows about this already, but I'm not sure as to what I want to do with my future, particularly as regards to college. The peace of mind that I thought I'd find to help me make that decision...has been quite hard to find here."

Last edited:
Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words silverwhere silverwhere Mentions: Britt-21 Britt-21

"Sorry, didn't mean to eavesdrop. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Shit. Indy tapped her hand a few times on the countertop, scanning the lobby as though Roje could be found hiding behind a chair or tucked behind some decorative tree. She turned back to the guy beside her, who remained very polite despite her clearly rude interruption. He looked...normal. Incredibly normal. No vampiric pallor, no hum of static along his skin, not even the shifty anxiety she had come to recognize as typical among shifters; just, normal. Frankly, after everything she had seen so far in Marasong, it was a bit disconcerting.

Had things really devolved to the point that a normal person was freaking her out?

"Ah, maybe?" She hesitated, turning back toward the door again hopefully. "She's my sister. Said she was coming back last night, didn't show up. I think she was with..." Shit, those guys Silver and Roje had met the day before, had Indy ever caught their names? All she could remember was the one had biceps as big as her human head. "Some guy, big dude. Think he's a local, she's not the sort to just...disappear. And she doesn't really do much sightseeing, especially overnight."

Well. They all were the sort to just disappear, just rarely by choice. With all the chaotic time-skipping and monsters lurking in puddles that had occurred yesterday, Indy was fairly certain Roje hadn't just skipped town to hang out with some new guy.

coded by: @s e v e n

Hatsu Black
- He/Him -
IC Encounter - Talking with Seraphim

"No, I have not seen her since...yesterday. I'm sorry." Seraphim said as the other woman turned to look at him after his comment to help. She stared at him for a bit as if she was analyzing him before saying,"Ah, maybe?" She hesitated and her eyes darted to the doors.

Was this why Hatsu found himself in particular situations? Maybe he should stop being friendly and helpful before it pulls him under. "She's my sister. Said she was coming back last night, didn't show up. I think she was with...some guy, big dude. Think he's local, she's not the sort to just...disappear."

"Perhaps someone at Town Hall can also assist. However, I'm sure she's fine. It's not a very large town. Is she the sight seeing type?"

"And she doesn't really do much sightseeing, especially overnight."

She was slow and hesitant with her words as if she was carefully choosing the right ones or trying to remeber a distant memory. "Well, you're in luck there's a lot of big dudes in this town." He responded before adding, "We can check out the Town Hall and see if anyone's seen here. Maybe the Loving Spoon too. It's one of the only places to grab food so maybe you'll be able to find your mystery man or ask more about your sister."

Like Seraphim said, good chance the sister just got lost or maybe even spent the night with this mystery person. Maybe she'll show up on her own and won't need a search party. But with everything he knew now he had a feeling something bad happened. He could feel the eyes peircing into the back of his head and part of him wondered if they were able to steal people away.

Bill

Bill got up and poured herself a cup of coffee, keeping the two men in her peripheral vision. Bernard was saying some nonsense, talking about some research venture investigating weather patterns. Bill didn't buy it. She didn't know much about how universities worked, but she didn't think people went on research trips like this all alone. It sounded like he was doing some kind of survey. It was the kind of thing you brought a team, and equipment, and...stuff. You didn't just wander down on your own.

She sat back down just as Bernard finished.

"What about you, Bill? I saw you and Hatsu a day ago, are you helping him with his..." he paused, and it sounded suspicious. "Burnt home?"

Bill sat very still and drank her coffee. What was he implying, there? That Bill had something to do with the house burning down?

What was it with people in this town and just assuming she had bad intentions? She'd been the one to stop the fire, she'd been the one to follow the stupid deathwish Mundie into the woods, she'd been the one looking out for hexes and scrying and all kinds of other bullshit in the town.

There was no reason for Bernard to accuse her. He had no right.

She quietly fumed, furious.

Unless Bernard knew something about it. Unless Bernard had been the one to start the fire. Maybe he was taunting her. Maybe he was goading her.

She opened her mouth to respond with something acerbic when Paddy stopped sweating long enough to speak.

He was tripping over himself, mumbling some explanation about a quarter-life crisis. No clue what to do with his life. Blah blah. Empty platitudes. She wasn't sure she bought it either. "The peace of mind that I thought I'd find to help me make that decision...has been quite hard to find here."

Bill snorted into her coffee. Yeah, he could say that again.

"Midlife crisis, then," she said, aiming for jovial, "Worse places to have it."

She turned back to Bernard, forcing herself to sound cheerful. "Aye. I'm investigatin' a couple of things with Hatsu. Horrible thing, that fire. Started out of nowhere." She stirred her coffee a little, spoon tinkling against the sides of the mug. "Funny that. Almost makes you paranoid about whatever you've got in your own house that could start fires. Where did you say you were a professor, Bernard? University of Copenhagen?"

She went to set her coffee down and had an idea. She placed it on the edge of the table, the side closer to Paddy, just far enough over that it'd fall off and onto the ground.

She let go and watched it fall.

Let's see what Paddy's reactions are like, then, she thought, and watched it tumble to the ground.

Last edited:
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Imagine a Witty Title Here

The Loving Spoon operated like any other day, just with the buffet. It wasn't less work on either Tilly or Miranda though, as food had to be refilled, drinks topped off, and of course cleaning up. Tilly ran a tight ship, and cleanliness was always important in her book. As was making sure everyone had what they needed. Drinks were passed out to those who wanted something other than the coffee or juice already set out. And with a generous smile and sometimes a little pat on the shoulder. Bernard just got the smile and that seemingly knowing nod of Tilly's head.

"Let us know if'n yer be needing anythin'!" Then she moved to check in on Marius. The old man seemed more perky than usual, watching the flood of activity on the docks. Occasionally, he'd even knock on the window and wave at whoever had turned to look at the sound. His laughter was infectious. The old, grizzled chuckle of a man who had seen a lot, and could still take merriment in a little 'prank' or two. The prank being seeing how many workers he could get to pause and look at the cafe window.

Both Miranda and Tilly didn't linger at anyone's table unless engaged in conversation. They were pretty good about giving people space to have their conversations and such, unlike Seraphim. She leaned only slightly forward while manning the front desk while Indy and Hatsu conversed. She seemed to be straightening those pamphlets a lot, possibly a sign of some OCD tendencies. She did seem like the 'everything has its place' type of personality.

There was the smallest of smirks when Hatsu mentioned a lot of big dudes in the town. She even had to clear her throat to hide a giggle she wasn't sure she could suppress. However, she did add her two cents worth. "Do be careful, the docks will be quite busy today. It's the first Thursday of the month. Lots of cargo. Mind your steps."

OOC Information

Loving Spoon (Aódh, Bernard, Bill) Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian BillieRoss BillieRoss : Despite the numbers of people coming and going, the inside of the cafe is pretty empty. Conversations would normally be easily listened to, but the general noise of dock workers filling their plates, and giving the small chit chat in greeting help give a measure of privacy, unless one talks loudly.

Marasong Inn lobby (Indy, Hatsu) Rhyme Rhyme silverwhere silverwhere : There's a small awareness you two have of Seraphim waiting for you to leave. Despite her stellar customer service skills, she doesn't seem to be the type to want to sustain an extended conversation. Maybe she's really an introvert, and enjoys it most when no one is at the front desk interrupting her from... standing and staring out the windows.

Turn skipped this week: (Riley, Leif, Roje, Silver) KodakWolf KodakWolf Britt-21 Britt-21 Silver- Silver- : Refer to the previous GM post for your notes to work off of. If you need IC encounters in Discord, you know what to do.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Trepidatious...
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | BillieRoss BillieRoss | Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions: n/A.
The tension between Bill and Bernard, despite their conversation having only begun in earnest, was almost tactilely impressed upon their other interlocutor, his pusillanimous being shunted out for a brief moment as he bore witness to the acerbity nearly emanating off the pair. The Dane did initiate the bitterness with that thinly veiled insinuation, but, perhaps strangely enough to Aódh, Bill didn't retort, but her demeanour seemed to seethe at what Bernard was trying to infer. Then again, the young man realised that his viewpoint was, at least for the foreseeable future, emotionally compromised by shame when it came to the Scotswoman. He took a sip of his tea, the aroma and taste reminding him of home...and happier times. Whilst he was taking a hearty drought out of his mug of tea, Bill's comments to Bernard were, at least to him, muddled by the sound of tea sloshing and immersion in a brief reverie. All of a sudden, he came back to senses, his eyes, almost in slow motion, seeming to lock onto Bill's cup as it slipped from the uneven position she had unwittingly left it in. On instinct, Aódh reached out his hand to catch the cup. Despite his good intentions, he paid no heed to his own safety however, as the contents of the cup spilled out not only to the floor, but also onto the young man's hand and the underside of his wrist.

PAIN.

The Irishman recoiled, driving his arm away from where he had initially caught the cup, almost as though he were about to slam it in into the ground beneath him. He wanted to howl, to let out a roar so loud that the whole town would hear it. Instead, as lessons learned over the past few days, he clenched his jaw, his neck likewise tensing, opting rather to imagine a scenario of him yelling than let it all out in reality. Yet, that didn't stop his irises from flashing a violent, almost electric, light-blue, eyeing both Bernard and Bill for a brief moment: his glare sententious and accusative. His learned inhibition readily kicked in in response to such looseness, and his irises reverted back to their mkre temperate blue. He gingerly let the cup down right in front of Bill before he cuffed his wrist, finding himself unable to restrain a muted growl from slithering out of his chest. Red splotches had began to form over a sizeable portion of his palm and the underside of his wrist, contrasting violently against the pallor of the surrounding skin, the liquid still dripping from where it had so seared his flesh. His expression was one of a near constant wince, the pain, even more than it already is wont to do, seeming to spite him as it continued without diminution.

"I think..." he muttered to Bernard and Bill, his tone wavering, "I'll ask Tilly to run some water over...this. I-I won't be too long."

With that, he got up out of his seat, still clutching his arm, and made his way over to where Tilly and Miranda were.

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Mentions: N/A
Mood: Chthonically suspicious;

The Dane proclaimed no auspices of the direction that this verbal spar would take, but the lexical equivalent of a feint fulfilled its purpose if nothing else. Serpentine orbs of sky-blue prodded the Scotswoman's grey matter in the manner similar to a spider peeling away a prey's hard outer shell with its acicular fangs, but lacking the acerbic venom that liquefies the organs. However the extension of this inquisitive purpose could not be prolonged forever, lest the thin veneer of mind-droning societal interaction be dropped and both parties are laid to bare their preternatural moorings. But he could tell that she fumed. Reckless indignation flared behind her eyes, the windows of the soul. A tapered grin made its way across Bernard's mouth from lip corner to lip corner. How dare he accuse me of such a thing, Bernard mockingly imitated her grievances. The Professor had always been tactilely bold when it came to matters of dubious individuals; sparing them no quarter. But perhaps, there are bright moments in this moribund exchange of accusations. As Tilly offloaded the beverage that Bernard and others had requested. Once again, the elderly woman had impressed on Bernard of knowledge beyond his understanding. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last but out of everyone in Marasong present, Tilly had been the one that evaporates from the Dane's mind like an oasis in the desert. As if the man with the parched, sandy throat pained by dehydration miraculously recuperated enough to banish the titillating mirage.

Regardless of the Dane's cautious sentiments, it was important for now to maintain appearances. The Dane's digits hooked onto the bow of the teacup, adducting to his mouth for a gulp. The tea's scalding temperature washed effortlessly and painlessly over the nerveless nociceptors of Bernard's mouth. But the zesty lemon still arrested him, eyes squinting momentarily to endure the sensation. It was her turn now. To joust at Bernard and see his reactions. Leaning on table with his left hand, his thumb tracing a perfect circle over the index. A habit that he noticed to former smokers. Except the Dane had never siphoned the putrid stench of unburnt nicotine particles into his lungs. It was another ruse, a delicate diversion. He wanted Bill to see a sign of vulnerability, to lay himself low to appear more human. Well, more banal really. And then she speared his university. If he replied that he never mentioned it then the self-aware angle would be visible. Only paranoiacs and ulterior motivations drive a man to watch his words. Yet as Bill lowered her cup of caffeine, the left eye of Bernard cracked with spasmodic accusations. He knew what she was doing...

A truncating bolt of electron fire cat-lunged its way across his blue orbs. Vampiric reflexes robbing the world of its haste and stupor. Clarity in motion. The polished ceramic twisting horizontally, a trailing column of light sliding perilously across the white surface. Slipped by Bill intentionally. The bronze fluid, seeing its chance and goaded by the hydrodynamic laws, flees its container. The smell of roasted coffee beans entered Bernard's nasals faster than the cup fell, wrinkling his forehead and upper lip. A hand came into view. Not his hand. Aódh's. Eyes mouthed dissent in abject uselessness. Too far to slap his hand away and allow the porcelain to shatter on the bleach-smelling floor.

CRASH.

Despite the selfless altruism of Aódh, the world retorted with the age-old lesson. No good deed goes unpunished. Bernard did not cower away or wince at the blood-boiling glare. Nor at the hate-bleached wound of red skin, scalded. Steadfast, but righteously furious was his motto now. This amateur deigned to involve a bystander in their quarrel. Whereas the Irishman's eyes scintillated with near-electric light-blue, the Dane's sank into the azure of bottomless seas -- a darker blue. Eyes squinting accusations at Bill, before sending advice to his peer.

"20 minutes, Room Temperature Water." He called out, maintaining a perfect lock to Bill's gaze. It broke momentarily, as he bore a hole through the swirling tea by tilting his wrist around. Mouth ajar, already airing his intention to speak. His icy-glaring returned.

"I assume you had a good reason for tipping the cup over the table?" Furtively said with no room for any other to listen in on their conversation. "I don't take too kindly to those who jab at others with... Dilettante methods." Right hand pushing away the tea further into the centre of the table, perching up by his elbow. A fist forms, wrist bends and his thumb knifes through his closed fingers. "Let us not, as my people say, walk like a cat around the porridge. And get to the heart of our troubles."

Bill

Oh fuck.

There'd been something in the back of her mind, some quiet voice, that had been hopeful this was all an elaborate paranoid delusion. He's just some Irish kid, Bill. He's just a young man finding his way in the world, Bill. Go back to sleep, Elizabeth.

There was no question of that now. The way he growled, the look in his eyes which had glowed. Not human, then. Not even close.

She blearily wondered where the folk stories of Werewolves had come from. They were Celtic, weren't they?

Her heart raced, and she knew she was wearing some dumb, startled expression. Eyes wide, mouth slightly agape. She didn't have the presence of mind to attend to it. He'd know she knew.

She also felt bad, immediately. She hadn't meant to burn him, whatever he was. He hadn't done anything yet, not really, other than manhandling her a little more than was preferable. The coffee had been a perfectly fine temperature, she'd thought. But she hadn't really been paying attention. She wouldn't be surprised if she noticed she'd burned her mouth once all this was done. The burn looked quite bad, red and splotchy.

She reached into her pocket as he got up, making his overly polite excuses. She had some burn creams in there, the same ones she'd stuffed in her jacket before running out to help at the fire a few nights ago. She'd hand one to him. A peace offering. An apology.

She was about to call something out to Paddy but Bernard got there first, blandly offering first aid advice.

Oh yeah. The Prof. She'd almost forgotten about him.

He clearly had not forgotten about her. He was glaring at her, boring a hole in her head. She returned his gaze, looking at him expectantly, wondering what the hell he had to say to her. As far as he knew -

"I assume you had a good reason for tipping the cup over the table?"

Motherfucker, there's no way he would have known it was intentional. People were clumsy, normal people did shit like that all the time. She did shit like that all the time. What had she done to him, what had he heard about her, what made him so suspicious of her? He would have had to read her mind to know she'd meant the cup to fall. There's no way a human would know-

There's no way a human would know.

Bernard had been acting fucking weird all day. Since the moment she met him he'd been acting weird - far outside the normal parameters of human weird. His clothes too clean, his speech too calculated. He hadn't even flinched when Paddy growled.

To be fair, Hatsu had also dealt relatively well with the discovery of this second world, but still. He hadn't been growled at. He hadn't inserted himself into a breakfast meeting.

She got the feeling she'd been backed into a trap.

"I don't take too kindly to those who jab at others with... Dilettante methods. Let us not, as my people say, walk like a cat around the porridge. And get to the heart of our troubles."

There were a dozen hexes in the back of her mind. There were a dozen curses, a dozen names. She had her wand and she had her leylines and she was well-rested. If she chose, she could have turned their table into a crater. She could have blitzed the whole cafe, she could have reduced all three of them into piles of smouldering ashes.

But she had bigger problems. She had some horrible thing in the heart of this horrible town leeching sickness into the dirt. She had too many questions that didnt have any answers. So maybe for now she'd play nice. She'd play the Professor's game. He'd already seen her hand, anyway. And he'd already shown his.

"Fine," she said quietly, leaning in closer. She wasn't scared of it, whatever it was. All this pulling rank, all these mindgames. Dressing like a yacht owner and talking like a philosopher. Butting in on her invitations, irritating her, all this stuff meant to intimidate her off her trail.

It wouldn't work. None of it was ever going to work.

"What is he."

She didn't need to say who.

"And," she continued, slowly, carefully enunciating every word, carefully keeping her tone flat and neutral.

"What are you."

Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words silverwhere silverwhere Mentions: Britt-21 Britt-21

"We can check out the Town Hall and see if anyone's seen here. Maybe the Loving Spoon too. It's one of the only places to grab food so maybe you'll be able to find your mystery man or ask more about your sister."

Yes, okay, yes. That cafe with the name Hallmark movie name--that's where they had been that morning, right? Fuck she really needed to work on her memory; one of the druggings must have done some damage. Or, reality was really sliding out of her ears at an alarming rate, which--yeah. Possible.

Seraphim tapped a stack of pamphlets on the counter, her polite expression that Indy imagined had been carefully crafted after decades of customer service was beginning to show cracks with the stiffness of her movements. They were being obviously dismissed. That was alright; the innkeeper and her nervous energy was just another person on the list of people who made Indy's skin crawl.

"Yeah, yeah the Loving Spoon--I think that's where they were, before they...went off." Bonus; heading there first meant she may be able to avoid this reality's House Wives of Marasong Harbor version of Beth. She turned back to Seraphim, awkwardly pulling her hand off the counter as the innkeeper continued busying herself with organizing. "Thanks...for the help." It came off a bit more like a question than a statement.

As Indy began toward the door she turned back to look at the guy who had offered his assistance. Nothing seemed off but it wasn't exactly like she could ask him--could she? How does one go about asking someone what sort of weird, sci-fi creature they are? Even more terrifyingly--what if he was just a guy? What the fuck was she dragging him into?

A cafe, she told herself. Not the caves, or to Beth--they were just going to a cafe to ask a couple of questions and see whether anyone had seen Roje--what dangerous thing could possibly be happening at a cafe in town so early in the day?

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Interactions: BillieRoss BillieRoss
Mentions: Larry Larry Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mood: Colluding Across Centuries;

"What is he. And, what are you."

At the prompting of Bill's quizzing, the Professor leaned forward. A conspiratorial huddle on the table in this dining establishment. Eyes frown with revelation as the words blunt against the Scotswoman. "He..." Eyes shift passed the woman in the direction that Aódh sulked to receive care for his scalding injury. "Is a werewolf." He declines backwards into his chair, further illuminating Bill's mind with his discoveries. "He possesses the protean power of lycanthropy. In that he transforms into a, what you may call, wolfman. Not the quadrupedal form, man to full wolf, as in other werewolf mythos, distinctly present in European fables." Hushed tone carefully guarded by the Dane's awareness. During the exchange, Bernard unerringly speaks clearly to Bill while not maintaining an iota of visual contact. Instead the paranoid professor swivels his head in a manner belonging to a security camera. Why was he divulging this vaunted information to this strange element of danger? Simply because he proposed this pact of candour to squash the squabbling impasse that they were at moments ago. Though that does not mean he need tell her everything, say in particular avenue of himself. " He is possibly a faoladh" The Irish word knifed awkwardly against the Dane's thick accent. "Irish werewolves, guardian spirit variety. And he can morph at will as specially demonstrated by him when I confronted him about it; sprouting dagger-fangs from his canids."

Now the blade points to him, these tidbits of observational findings should satisfy even the most stubborn man. He regards Bill again, furrowed brow in faux-irritant. "As for myself, I am a vampire." He states with all the enthusiasm of a plant trapped in nitrogen-deficit soil. Further illustrating his point by toasting with the tea before consuming the entire beverage, still piping hot. A point towards him being demonstrably, internally dead. "If you're wondering how I appear plump and flesh red, avoiding the characteristics of pale-skinned ghoul who shuns the sun with revulsion of a lion eating grass then that," voiced with aplomb. "A simple matter of sloshing around the mystical crimson fluid in my veins." He had been lying to her this whole time. He was not your garden-variety of night creature who dines on highest society's vitae. But let her assume that, let her be rife with false assumption that he is that one. Perhaps, she'll attempt to stake him which will be undoubtedly hysterical for most parties involved.

"Now the sword turns. What are you?"

The lie from before also serves a purpose here, if she does divine Bernard's true nature without him uttering a word. Then that'll be the signal that she is as well hiding something. They discarded cards, only to be equipped with new ones.

Childhood and Creepy Water People
Out Of Words Out Of Words

The feeling of being spun did not settle well with her. In fact, she almost felt like just straight up laying down if she even could. Though relief was given as soon as light returned, and she was now looking at a young girl at the base of the tree. Raising her eyebrow, she tilted her head slightly in curiosity Who's that? she asked, only to watch the girl lift her head and this caused her eyes to widen That's me! Wait..I dont...I dont remember this? I don't think I do. glancing over the campsite, she wasn't sure if it seemed familiar. Perhaps a memory from this timeline? Following the gaze she helf, she spotted a small white cat with chocolate brown ears. Hell, it looked like it even went through hell just to be at this site. "Looks like you've seen better days." Roje muttered as she slowly moved toward it "You can see me, right furball?" its possible but then again it was just a memory. She was on the outside of this situation at the moment. Watching her younger self with the cat.

Neither the child version of herself, or the feline, seemed to register her presence. However, a minute later, a larger, translucent version moved to sit next to the watching version of Roje. Meanwhile, the child Roje gave an angry yell at the cat, "Go away!" The 'spirit' cat spoke, only it wasn't as much as a voice, as a mental communication. "Do you remember this?"

Roje just about jumped out of her skin because her eyes were fixated on the scene before her. "Holy fuck- Would be nice to not be scared shitless." pointed out the woman "But no, I don't. Its possible it may be a memory from this time which is why I dont. The camp, somewhat feels like I remember, but not really. I'm guessing you wont be able to tell me what's going on either, huh?"

The feline's smirk could be felt as it slowly groomed a paw, while still watching the scene play out. "No harm in doing so. What has passed, is the past and cannot be changed." However, it grew silent as the feline in the memory started to move closer to the little girl. It moved slow and cautious, giving a pitiful meow. The little girl was too upset to handle anything else. She picked up a small rock next to her and threw it at the cat, screaming louder, "GO AWAY!" The 'spirit' cat continued then. "It waited too long. You were too hurt inside, too closed off to accept your spirit guardian's attempt to bond."

Roje felt for animals that were homeless, but because of her own issues, it seemed that she shut out the animal more than anything. Not even bothering to try to be kind I was a bitch back then too. "My Spirit Guardian?" definitely never heard of something like that. Though she had heard of Spirit itself. "The fact that you said it waited too long, does that mean it passed? That's why it looks that way?"

The spirit cat turned its head and looked up at watcher Roje. "Shame, really. Though maybe your path was always meant to be that of the nightchild." It looked back in time to see another rock thrown at the feline, finally chasing it away and leaving the child Roje to cry into the crook of her arms. "You could have been like your sister. Bonded to a spirit guardian, but because it was too late, it failed to create a bond. Now, it may either wither away if it obsesses over the failure, or it may choose to wander, hoping for another chance, but.. those are rare for our kind."

So because of her outburst, she chased the one thing willing to bond with her and possibly make her happier. Her path could have been entirely different "Where is it now?" she asked "Would it even bond to a vampire like me at this point? Would it be happy to even know I came back?" why the fuck did she care so much? All she wanted was to get out, but something about this just tugged her heartstrings. But it was also possible it was another trap just like the one she fell into with Dusk. "Fuck..." Roje said with a sigh.

"Once the mind and heart is closed, the chance to bond is forever gone. And, being a nightchild, you would be... ineligible." The feline stood up to rub against Roje's legs. "You came from a line of spirit guardians, but not everyone manages a bond. It happens." The purring could almost be felt, but they were the same currently, observers in a memory that may or may not have been in the same timeline. "As for where.. I do not know. It has been some time." It sat down in front of Roje then, looking up while casually grooming an ear with a front paw. "That's not to say you aren't without some possible... guidance. Or, you wouldn't have reached out to me. Time is fleeting though, your spirit is weakened. Maybe we'll meet here again, if you hone your focus. Maybe not. Quick, tell me what is it you seek?"

Roje enjoyed the feeling of the feline brushing against her legs, it was comforting. "Well time to do guardian searching then to find this feline to make them feel better." A mission she also had to get done later on. Watching as the animal sat in front of her, it finally offered guidance, or even assistance. She got down onto a knee, trying to have a better conversation with the animal "How in the world to get out of the water, out of the vines that my body is entrapped in? There's a woman, she's also down in the water with me. I feel like I'm drowning but I'm a vampire, I'm not gonna die. Its pure torture." her eyes furrowed almost into some sort of fear, though she wouldnt admit it. Not even in front of something she reached out to without knowing it "I need help. I can't do this myself."

It tilted its head, giving it a moment's thought, though the scene was already shimmering. Edges of Roje's periphery filling with a familiar darkness. "I'll see what we can do. Remember, focus and we may me.." Whatever it was going to say, faded away as Roje was swept out of the memory and certainly hurtling toward another.​

Roje gritted her teeth as everything began to fade away. She had to focus, just as the cat friend said. So that's what she tried to do as she was getting thrown into more of whatever was in that pretty little head of hers. Focus. Just focus. Listen to the cat.

For a moment, it felt like the darkness was winning. The world spun, and there was a haze, almost like a white noise, but not nearly as nice. It was loud, humming in Roje's ears, but the vampire doubled down and spent energy focusing instead. It stopped spinning, and while it wasn't the cat that greeted her, she wasn't caught in a memory. It was a short moment, the vampire could feel the fight to block her from seeing the reality she was now in. She had a few moments at least to try and better assess her situation.

Roje looked around once she finally got her "footing" and was getting a much better look at her predicament. It seemed she was under the water, was she in the ocean? Had to be. A lake wouldnt have vines like this, at least not to her knowledge. These vines keep me from moving, in fact, they seem to keep me down and restrained. she looked at the next best thing that was alive, which was the blonde woman I don't even know if she's alive at this point. she looked down, but she was sure there was nothing down there, especially if it got darker. Hey, wait! Looking up, she noticed that it wasnt dark out, though it wasn't fully bright Is it morning?

Roje's vision tricked her at first. The vampire was quite deep in the water, the surface not even visible. What she thought was light, was actually light from various fluorescent fish and plankton, glowing in various hues of blue, or simply white. It helped illuminate Roje's surroundings, but that might not be a good thing. Now that she had a moment's time, she could see rows upon rows of similar kelp beds. The blonde woman still moved now and then, indicating she was still alive, or at least not dead like the other decaying bodies in other kelp beds. The ones quite obviously dead and withered seemed to be tethered down with chains and seaweed that grew in and out of the links. There was the sandy ocean floor, scattered with half buried bones and skulls, old ship anchors, and the expected coral and other ocean plants. When those not yet dead moved or struggled, the waters would grow slightly murky, but eventually settled and cleared. And then Roje saw something quite unexpected. Slowly approaching the spot where the vampire was tethered and held fast, was the figure of a little girl. She walked barefoot along the ocean floor in a long sleeved dress tattered along the hem. The girl had long flowing hair, the color difficult to tell with all the blue illumination, but at least part of it appeared white as it weaved with the currents. Her eyes though, there were no pupils, just this glowing light, much like the fluorescent creatures above. She had a small amused smile as the head tilted and the girl looked up at the vampire. A voice heard in Roje's head, rather than the ears, echoed itself. It was soft and the menace could be felt through Roje's bones. "You should not be awake. Dream. Feed me." And with a wave of a small hand, the darkness filled Roje's vision as pain lanced through her brain as punishment.

Roje didn't like this. She felt like bait to the sea. Taking closer looks, she noticed that there was no sunlight, in fact, it was fish. Fucking fish, are you joking me? she thought, it felt like she was seeing a lot more now that she was awake and more sane for the time being. Silver you better use your dog nose, I swear to- noticing a girl approaching her, there was an unsettling pit in her stomach What in the fuck is that? at this point why was she still surprised to see every shit and thing this way? Soon enough, a voice filled her head that claimed she should not be awake and demanded to feed her. Sure, the voice was chilling, but surely not as bad as the silent brothers. Those guys with their sewn mouths were...something. You mother fucker I'm not letting you win this fight! even though darkness filled her vision once again, pain followed and she did her damn hardest to fight it.​

Hatsu Black
- He/Him -
IC Encounter - Find Missing Person

"Yeah, yeah the Loving Spoon--I think that's where they were, before they...went off," It was like Indy was dazed or maybe she was treading on eggshells - as if she was unsure. She pulled away from the desk before adding,"Thanks...for the help."

Hatsu watched for a bit as the innkeeper searched for tasks to make herself look busy. They had overstayed their welcome and Seraphim was ready for the conversation to end. He couldn't blame her. Most of the time, he was the same way and could only imagine how many people bothered her beforehand. She was ready for a quiet break and he was ready to give her one.

"Do be careful, the docks will be quite busy today. It's the first Thursday of the month. Lots of cargo. Mind your steps."

It was a repeat of the advice she gave previously and he was sure to tuck that information safely away. He wasn't going to be knocked off the docks. If he didn't drown then he would die from embarrassment. Both were a fate he wasn't ready to face. If Augie didn't have a metal detector then he'll buy one from Bug another day. Or maybe Bill would have some magic metal detector hidden somewhere. Either way, he could end a conversation with that information. The other had already headed towards the door while he waved Seraphim off he said, "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll see you tonight. And don't work too hard."

Hatsu turned around to follow but instead found that he was being stared at. Part of him wondered if she was sizing him up to see if she could take him on if he ended up being a serial killer- which made sense. No normal person just offers to help a stranger find a missing person this suddenly. Or maybe she was a secert blood sucking agent with too many eyes hired by the eyes to lure him away from the inn to kill him, dispose of him before he could leak information about the eyes. He doubt it, though. In the end, he still found it weird to be watched.

He sighed. They were just going to a cafe for now. He would be safe there and could (hopefully) team up with Bill since there was safety in numbers. He walked past the stranger and opened the door and held it for her.

"I have a friend waiting for me at the Spoon. We can go there first and see if anyone has seen anything."

He paused for a bit.

"I'm Hatsu by the way."

Riley Adler / Boy

Oh! Oh! Of course, Augie was in his monthly endeavor to build a wall to conceal their home from passer bys. The dog shook his head in annoyance when he realized he'd been caught up in a memory lapse, yet again. He never seemed to get used to it, as it was equally frustrating every single time it happened, and it seemed like it was there to stay.

He'd been with Augie for a while now, a couple of months at the very least. Now that he thought about it, he'd seen, or rather heard Augie build those more than once, and he kind of knew the reason.

Kind of knew because he didn't really know much about the monthly celebration thing that went on every first Friday of the month, and he wasn't sure why Augie avoided it. He'd never been there himself, mostly because Augie avoided it, and he trusted Augie, and also because before meeting Augie he was still blind, and didn't really feel safe to investigate things by himself.

Well, perhaps now he should. He'd at the very least be able to see what was happening, which should allow him to feel and be overall safer. He was curious for sure, but not sure curiosity would be enough to make him take action, not after the thing he saw in the water. No, that one he didn't forget, and he had the impression that memory wouldn't go anywhere anytime soon.

Boy just paced around while Augie gave the rock wall his finishing touches, walking in and out of the cave as if to make sure his brain would know and remember the way back in case he found himself alone and looking for the entrance. He'd also walk a bit further down the beach in both directions, never too far away, before he made his back, sniffing the sand and the air to see if maybe he could pick up anything from the preparations for the celebration.

Leif Hjalkarssen

Those 'bad news' couldn't have made the vampire any happier given the circumstances. Perhaps because brains tend to imagine the worst possible scenarios, he didn't expect the bad news being the fact that River didn't learn anything about Turid because he simply didn't know who she was. Neither Turid nor Chase were dead for certain, which was a big step ahead of at least one of the past timelines he'd been to.

But Leif did pick up on the fact that whatever craziness was going on, it wouldn't be simple to resolve by any means. The information provided by River wasn't a clear answer and sparked many other questions. Questions Leif'd be sure to ask before killing him again, even if he'd just offered another try. He wasn't really sure why there was such a rush before, but this time he'd take his time making things clear beforehand. Or as clear as possible.

He tried to observe River's reactions while also making sense of his words, which was no easy task. But the not so catastrophic news helped him keep his head cool and organize his thoughts.

"Thank you." He nodded as he moved to sit down on the floor in front of River. "While you take a break from being dead..." he might very well take River up on that offer of trying again, but there might be some questions he wouldn't need to die to find an answet to. "...why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?"

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
What is Reality Anyway

Tilly greeted Aódh with an expression of concern. She guided him toward one of the larger basin sinks and turned the water on while giving some instructions to Miranda. "Git th' salve from th' kit in th' back. Green one, dear." Her voice was calm, and she held lightly to Aódh's wrist and not the affected area. They were far enough into the kitchen where others in the main room wouldn't be able to hear. Still, Tilly dropped her voice even softer and leaned in. "Now, ye're a wee bit adept in self healin', aye?"

She gave Aódh her knowing gaze and a wink. "We'll apply th' salve, ye kin use as a reason fer the quick heal. An' try ta not catch liquids ag'in, aye?" Tilly gave a nod as Miranda returned with a greed bottle. "Thank ye, dear. Please take care o' things while I see to Mister Aódh here." Miranda gave a nod and returned to the main area of the cafe to make sure the mess was cleaned up and everyone else at the table was okay.

And that would be the scene Indy and Hatsu walked in on. A mess in the last stages of being cleaned up, a few dock workers heading out with a sizeable portion on a paper plate, and the backs of Tilly and Aódh by a sink in the back. Miranda gave the two a smile and gestured to the buffet. "Good morning! Help yourself, if you need anything just get my attention!" Even Marius gave them a bit of a wave, before he knocked on the window again with a laugh.

While closer to the shore, Augie continued to build the rock wall to throw off any who would be passing by the next day. However, there was something strange about Boy's gaps in memory. Riley was pretty sure he heard a chuckle of a dark nature, but Augie didn't seem to hear it. The dark magic seemed quite amused at something, but would only chuckle in the back of the shifter's mind now and then. When the dog wandered a little further away along the beach, it whispered.

Feeling alright, mutt? Maybe we should go for a dip in the cool waters?

At the ranger station, River gave a dry chuckle from the bit about taking a break from being dead. "They rarely last very long." He rubbed his hands together and started to stretch his neck and shoulders as he answered Leif. "Because Levi asked. If he's getting involved, then it's become serious." River's expression showed something akin to sorrowful concern, but there was a helplessness deep in his eyes the man couldn't quite shake. Helplessness or sadness, they were sometimes the same.

"He has a lot to lose, I guess most of us do, but..." He gave a small shrug, and a very obvious 'what can you do' expression.

Somewhere deep under the water, Roje tried to hold onto her focus but the pain was more intense than before. It caused slivers of white light to fill the darkness with each stab of pure agony. It felt like it lasted forever, but eventually it subsided, and instead Roje found herself in bed, but not alone. Dusk and the vampire played around under the sheets, while the house boat rocked slightly, adding to the motions they made.

Some light shined through the edges of the curtains covering the boat's windows, enough to see Dusk smiling down at her. One hand caressed the side of her face as limbs remained entangled with one another. His husky voice chuckled slightly, "Where did you go? Was I that boring?"

OOC Information

Loving Spoon (Aódh, Bernard, Bill, Indy, Hatsu) Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian BillieRoss BillieRoss Rhyme Rhyme silverwhere silverwhere : Feel free to post again in the week once everyone's had a turn. You are not limited to one per week in group encounters. TIlly, Miranda, and Marius are the only other people who remain in the cafe with your group. Aódh, Tilly will gently apply a light coat of the salve before sending you back to the table. If you have any questions for her during that time, use one of the IC encounters channel in Discord.

The Cave (Riley) KodakWolf KodakWolf : The waters nearby seem calm, and maybe it's just the dark magic setting you on edge. Lately, it feels like eyes are always watching you, though you do not see anything or anyone aside from Augie. However, when the dark magic 'speaks' to you, you can feel pinpricks in the back of your head, like little tiny needles jabbed under your fur and flesh.

Ranger Stagion (Leif) KodakWolf KodakWolf : River waits for any more questions you have. The ranger doesn't seem to be coming in this morning, or maybe he's just running late. Who knows how the rest of your group is faring. Or if Chase has woken up yet.

On the boat (Roje) Britt-21 Britt-21 : It feels like you never left the boat. Was it just a dream? Something caused by exhaustion catching up to you? Dusk is warm against you as he caresses your face and hair. You can even feel the vibration of those low rumbles in his chest.

Sleeping in (Silver) Silver- Silver- : You're in the forested glade, laying down at the cave opening where Rhevens left you. It feels so peaceful here. Any attempt made to stand up and head out of the cave is met with great resistance and a low growl, as the wolf wants to stay. When you're ready to post again, roll a d20 in Discord.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Bill
With: Bernard ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian ) [Mentions Aódh ( Larry Larry )]

"He...Is a werewolf."

She quirked an eyebrow. That was unexpectedly direct, even if the Prof was glancing over his shoulder the whole time. Bill understood the impulse towards paranoia, but at the same time she didn't think it was that big of a deal. She had told Mundies to their faces that she was a Witch-yes-a-real-witch and they'd just asked to have their palms read. There was no reason a passer by would have any cause to think they were telling the truth.

"He possesses the protean power of lycanthropy. In that he transforms into a, what you may call, wolfman. Not the quadrupedal form, man to full wolf, as in other werewolf mythos, distinctly present in European fables. He is possibly a faoladh, Irish werewolves, guardian spirit variety. And he can morph at will as specially demonstrated by him when I confronted him about it; sprouting dagger-fangs from his canids."

She kept her face carefully neutral, thinking it through, trying to ignore the hammering in her heart. Werewolf. Iron grip on his temper, aside for the occasional lapse. Strong, quick, dominant. The growling and the snarling. Yes. Werewolf made sense. Yes. And she'd been letting Hatsu hang around him without a second thought.

It had been a long time since she'd last heard rumors of werewolves. She'd sort of assumed they'd become a thing of the past. Clearly not, as young Paddy evidenced.

She was starting to think it might be useful to find out his name. His full name. Middle name and all, if he had one. Just in case.

Still. Paddy had seemed remarkably calm. If a little jumpy. If a little nervous. And he had seemed genuinely sorry to have grabbed her like that.

Maybe he wasn't one to worry about. Especially not when Bernard was sitting right in front of her, watching her like a bug under the glass. To be honest, she was a little surprised at his honesty."

"As for myself, I am a vampire." He raised his glass in a mock toast, sculling the scalding tea. Okay.

"If you're wondering how I appear plump and flesh red, avoiding the characteristics of pale-skinned ghoul who shuns the sun with revulsion of a lion eating grass then that - A simple matter of sloshing around the mystical crimson fluid in my veins."

He seemed significantly more at ease spilling his own secrets than he had Paddy's. And he looked fine, handled the daylight fine, was eating human food - She wasn't sure she bought it. She'd had time to watch Paddy and his behaviors, time enough to notice something about him was off, time enough to accept he was probably no threat.

She'd met Bernard today, and nothing he'd done had filled her with confidence. If he was a vampire, that was a second mark against him. Dangerous things. Hungry things. Unpredictable. Another unknowable element. But probably hadn't started the house fire. And probably didn't know scrying. Probably.

Working theory Vampire, then. Until she found out something else that made her think otherwise.

A werewolf and a vampire. It had been a long time since she'd last been the least dangerous person in a room. She didn't like it. She didn't like being backed into a corner.

A Werewolf, a Vampire, and a witch walk into a bar. It was like something out of a bad joke. It was like something out of a bad book. A lightbulb went off.

"Now the sword turns. What are you?"

She ignored the deliberately threatening metaphor.

"I suppose that makes me Bella," she said, grinning widely. It was funny. It was actually really funny. She was very funny. She'd tell Grace later, Grace would find it funny. Hatsu would too, once he got over the next bump of being introduced to the second world. She put that thought aside for now.

She schooled her face into a more neutral expression. There was no need to telegraph all her secrets. If he was so smart he would work it out.

"I'm a woman," she said after a short beat, "A human lady who knows about the arcane, from somewhere we still keep that kind of knowledge alive."

She took a deep breath. She knew he'd know she didn't trust him. There was no point in keeping up pretenses. She was also not under any illusion that what she was about to do would work, but still.

In for a penny, in for a pound. And she was exhausted with playing nice. There was no way she could be this direct with Paddy, who still had a vested interest in keeping things civil. And once Hatsu got here they'd all need to go back to playing pretend. At least a little.

And if Tilly knew she was harassing Bernard she knew she'd get another earful. It wasn't the morning for it.

"Listen to me very carefully, Professor," she said, leaning in close. "There is something rotting in this town. I've made it my business to find out what it is, and when I find out I won't hesitate."

"Do you understand me? I won't blink, I won't think twice. I won't pause for breath before I scrape whatever it is off the face of this miserable town. If I think for even a second that someone is acting suspicious, or unusually flea-ridden, or poses some kind of threat to my life, I will take that as the go-ahead to burn everything into ashes. Do you understand me? I'm not a violent person. I'm not malicious. I've got no desire to hurt anyone. But I'll do what has to be done. Call it being cautious, if you like. I don't like to leave room for doubt."

She leaned back in her chair, idly stirring her coffee. Pretending to be at ease. Pretending her heart wasn't in her mouth.

"So, let me pose a cute little hypothetical. Let's say I find out that you have lied to me, here, today, about something. Let's say I have reason to doubt." She looked up at him, letting his full name roll from her tongue, feeling the potential it held. "Bernard Greve, I am giving you one chance to tell me something that would make me hesitate."

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Interactions: BillieRoss BillieRoss
Mentions: Larry Larry Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver- Rhyme Rhyme
Mood: Colluding Across Centuries;

"I suppose that makes me Bella," Bernard wiped a grin away, preferring not to be captured in Bill's little referential joke -- or perceived to be captured. The conversation between Silver and Indy cropped up in his iron-casket head. The absurdity punched him again, leaving a distasteful feeling of phantom blood. Though it would prove no use to dwell on this now, he'll have time to grapple with how his life changed after Thor's lightning struck him down. His face elongated when he caught himself dramatising his origins as if he were the protagonist of his own saga. Egos need be checked after all.

"I'm a woman, a human lady who knows about the arcane, from somewhere we still keep that kind of knowledge alive." A continual nod of a stone face as Bernard absorbed the information that Bill surrendered. There can be no question that this woman -- this witch/warlock/sorceress -- is hiding secrets. A crime that he would not punish, for he is guilty as well. The thought did tickle him, however that a human could be trained in sorcerous ways. To pull apart the curtains of reality. It made him quite giddy with the exception that his expression remained unchanging. Oh, if only they could've met under different circumstances. He would have showered the woman with a hundred and one questions about the machinations behind the mystics arts. What is magic if not another avenue of science to be placed under a lens and be deconstructed.

But Bernard is not blind to how Bill felt. The exhausted breath told him more than enough about what to expect. His arms huddled to his chest on the table, eyes hone onto the woman, posture lurches, and toes jab the diner floor. Almost as if he predicted how she would lean forwards as well.

"Listen to me very carefully, Professor. There is something rotting in this town. I've made it my business to find out what it is, and when I find out I won't hesitate. Do you understand me? I won't blink, I won't think twice. I won't pause for breath before I scrape whatever it is off the face of this miserable town. If I think for even a second that someone is acting suspicious, or unusually flea-ridden, or poses some kind of threat to my life, I will take that as the go-ahead to burn everything into ashes. Do you understand me? I'm not a violent person. I'm not malicious. I've got no desire to hurt anyone. But I'll do what has to be done. Call it being cautious, if you like. I don't like to leave room for doubt."

A thumping noise heard to none but Bernard startles him. Here before him stands a woman modeled after his own heart. He understands deeply on the nature of her skepticism. By whatever God exists, he understands. The Dane reclines in tandem with her, after such a beautiful speech -- throwing down the metaphorical gauntlet. Quite temperamental, but who wouldn't be in her situation. Upon her next words, Bernard's eyelids flared, a bemused short-smile plastered on his face. Her indirect threat made him nonplussed. For the briefest of moments. That smile from confusion... To petrifying soberness. The exchange turned hideously crude, but functional.

"Well..." Bernard broke his gaze from her, preferring to stare at the floor in faux-contemplation. He met her sight again and he began to speak in a tone of steel -- cold to touch, but firm. "For one, you'd lose a valuable ally. Now, not to dwell on cliches but for this instance it is appropriate usage. I did not come to Marasong, as you know to... Study the weather." Bernard flicked off the prior excuse with a hand, like a dead organ that clung to his body with strands of arteries and veins. Useful once, now unavailing. "A colleague of mind had directed me -- rather urged me-- to investigate the supernatural yoke that Marasong enthralled itself with. Starting off with the presence of an immortal or an exceptionally long-lived individual either way. And as you so put: something rotten in this town." The Dane sucked air through his nose in disgruntled... Disgust. A sensation, inexplicable and insubstantial... At first. "I am in this vessel with you, it would be prudent to join forces then once all this business is done and buried, we return to our roads in life. The practicality is undeniable. Second, despite my status as a member of society of the darkest night I still number amongst the living in my country. So should you dispose of me unceremoniously, I urge you with all haste to prepare a forgetting spell so that my existence, physical and psychological imprint upon the memories of my family and academia, be erased utterly. Lest you risk the foolish and myopic notion of drawing attention to Marasong itself. Do enlighten me what would the papers think when a professor at Copenhagen mysteriously and spontaneously turns up dead in this tiny, New Zealand town?" His tongue clicked thrice against his teeth. "You would not want that, I would prefer living or unliving rather and it would all be quite a pointless hassle in the end, wasting everyone's time involved. Third, you would have to deal with the burn-recuperating wolf in the kitchen behind you. Indeed, I doubt he, of all people, would take kindly to my elimination." That previous nagging, coiling feeling sank further in Bernard. A pit of festering pestilence that would make a normal man balk with sickness. Another telltale sign of accursedness on these primordial lands. The more time Bernard spends on this island, the more he is convinced of an entirely eldritch entity entrapping essences of entire individuals, ebbing with subfusc except ultimately worth the effort in ensuring existence.

Bernard shook his head. "I sense we should cease our talks of Marasong for now, there is... Unease." He felt it... Did she?

Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words silverwhere silverwhere Mentions/Proximity: Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian BillieRoss BillieRoss

Indy watched the interaction between the man and the innkeeper, her interest piquing as they exchanged casual sendoffs. Evidently, the man who had offered his help knew the innkeeper outside of a regular customer-employee capacity. That fact indicated he was definitely a local--or, it could indicate there was something strange about him after all; it was too early to tell.

He seemed nice enough anyway, even as he met her stare with mirrored curiosity. What did he think of her, she wondered? Could he pick up on the fact her skin still tingled from her shift the night prior, or did he recognize her as Beth's daughter and--for whatever reason--hadn't said anything?

"I have a friend waiting for me at the Spoon. We can go there first and see if anyone has seen anything."

Indy nodded thankfully as the man pulled open the door, casting one last glance toward the street behind them. The whole stroll toward the cafe Indy had kept her head on a swivel, waiting for Roje to appear between the twisting roads or lumbering trucks making their pilgrimage to the docks.

"Thanks, appreciate it."

"I'm Hatsu by the way."

She stepped through the entryway and held her arm against the door for Hatsu to enter as well. "In--"

Her lips smacked shut.

Fuck. Those guys from before--who knew how many other people, they knew the cat as Indy. She might have been able to get away with it if it hadn't been for Augie and the other man that stumbled upon her and Silver in the hallway. Shit.

Then again, the alternative option was going by Indigo.

Fuck it.

"Indy," she said. "I'm Indy. Thanks again for the help."

There were a few people in the cafe, dock workers with plates stacked practically to their chins as others sat down over their meals. Somewhere toward the back Indy could hear the clinking of dishes accompanied by the telling rush of a sink's tap. An old man by the window waved with a vacant smile before turning back to tap on the window and giggling; Indy had no idea what was so funny, nor did she care to find out.

"Good morning! Help yourself, if you need anything just get my attention!"

Indy tried to suppress her reactionary frown as the woman at the counter smiled warmly. They were back in civilization and she had best damn well act like it for once--though she didn't have to wave back...right?

Indy turned back to Hatsu, eyeing those around them warily. "You said you were meeting someone here?"

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol | Tilly
Written with: Out Of Words Out Of Words
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | BillieRoss BillieRoss
There wasn't a chance she actually said that, was there? One of his thoughts must have audibled itself, that was the only explanation. Yet, if the sudden assuagement of pain was to be any indication, the trickle of sweat down his brow a stronger one, whilst his heart, pounding furiously in his chest, one stronger still, Aódh would have no choice but to accept the reality of what was spoken, and, somewhat sorrowfully, broken. She knows, Tilly know what he is. His mind, now a battlefront, was the scene of constant, withering assailments of "HOW?! HOW?! HOW?!" against an enemy that could muster no explanation. Sorties were launched, bearing reasons like the pruriency of his appetite or how emotional he was around people; their cogency, to an increasingly sober Aódh, was found lacking. All of a sudden, as though pain of a different kind followed concomitantly after another, the sensation from his wrist sprung him back to the situation at the sink, the sound of running water seeming to overawe everything else, whilst Tilly continued to hold his arm delicately, as though it has happened so many times before.

"S-sorry Tilly, I d-don't think I...I heard ya right," Aódh muttered, his voice cracking, hoping against hope that it was a mishearing on his part, "Could...could you r-r-repeat that...?"

Tilly just gave his shoulder a couple of pats and murmured, "Ach, ye 'eard me, yer cheeky bugger." She had the salve set aside, letting the water run for a couple of minutes. With one hand she prepared a small towel to dab at the palm until it was dry, when that was finished. "I'll put on a thin bit o' th' salve, an' how quick would ye say it takes? A wee little thing like a hot drink? Should be righ' as rain within the hour I'd wager."

Tilly was talking about the enhanced healing capacities of a supranatural being as though she were discussing with Miranda as to what items needed to be dropped or added to the Loving Spoon's menu. Aódh didn't want to affirm what was playing out right before his eyes and ears, but reality's injunction to accept was peremptory, and would brook no denial. Even more unnerving to the young man, and which struck him to the core the most, was as to how he was to classify Tilly from now on. A friend? A foe? Does knowledge of what he was, necessarily make her into a threat? Were there, in actuality, physiological correlates of lycanthropy that he never knew about? It seemed that this question, burning within his mind, eventually forced its way out of the young man's mouth for a proper answer. "H-How..." he said, his voice spiking in pitch before he brought it down to the level of a murmuration once again, his countenance riddled with the signs of renascent anxiousness, "H-how did you find out about...about me? Did y-you know...from the m-moment you met me?"

Tilly just gave a warm smile and patted his shoulder before wrapping up the salve. "Nae ta worry 'bout. 'Member yer safe in 'ere, loverly. Always open." She wiped her hands clean and moved off to the side. "Should be good, off ya go. I'll bring some sweets by shortly for th' table."

Aódh watched as Tilly daddled off to the side, leaving him with the salve as the water continued to pour over the seared part of his arm. She didn't answer his question, watch exacerbated his uncertainty more than it already had been, but her parting phrase, that he was 'safe in here', induced him, however weakly, to feel a sense of security about the diner. Lost only momentarily in the repose her assurance brought, the young man, conscious of wasting any more water, turned off the tap, imbibing the silence for a brief instance before it was shattered by the renewed business of the diner. He stood there, for a brief moment, contemplating what had just occurred: chief on his mind, was weather he ought to tell Bernard about Tilly. It would make sense, on one had, that if she were privy to him being a werewolf, there's a good chance that she might know he's a vampire. So if the Loving Spoon was a safe haven for werewolves, it would more than likely be safe for vampires, assuming all supranatural beings are of a similar standing. The one thing that worried him, despite it all, is how would Bernard react to this revelation. Would he react indignantly? Would he interrogate her as regards to a possible connection with the Tangaroa investigation, and the family's ownership of various properties through anagrammed aliases? As he hobbled over to the door leading out to the diner proper, he was convinced that, whatever his decision, he ought to do it at a time when Bill wasn't present.

Pushing open the door with his good hand, Aódh's gaze latched onto the figures of Bernard and Bill, who, if the quiet intensity on the physicist's face was anything to go by, seemed to be engaged in a conversation tinged with heaviness. The Irishman didn't know what to expect, nor did he feel particularly inclined to delve into whatever dialogue the two of them had found themselves in. Walking over to the table, offering a little wave with his good hand, he settled into the chair with a groan.

"I apologise for the wait," he stated to the two of them a bit more calmly, the nervousness he felt before having been permutated into an unnatural staidness, "It's not exactly how I would have started the morning, but what can ya do? Don't mind me I'll just be...nibbling."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back