IC RP

Rocky blushed furiously as he beckoned Bailey to his side. Once again she complied with a slight hesitance, joining the other cat's in his herd. Mikan stretched across his shoulders and watched the man, Prince Ozzy, with a curious gaze.

"So, um, Prince Ozzy, what, uh, brings you to here?" Rocky's voice trailed off when he realized that this was probably his castle. "Uh, nevermind, this is your castle, right?" 

"I guess you could say that.. My bestest buddy in the world Tom found this castle all abandoned and such, and since no one lived there, he spent the rest of his gold on refurnishing it!" The prince giggled. He thought it was adorable how he started to blush as well, since he really wasn't used to being blushed at.

"So, are you gonna be staying here as well? We accept all fables far and wide!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I guess you could say that.. My bestest buddy in the world Tom found this castle all abandoned and such, and since no one lived there, he spent the rest of his gold on refurnishing it!" The prince giggled. He thought it was adorable how he started to blush as well, since he really wasn't used to being blushed at.

"So, are you gonna be staying her as well? We accept all fables far and wide!"

"Um, okay, sure! I do have my own house but it's more of my cat's house than mine," he looked down at the array of paper felines moving around the room. "I don't really have any furniture that really isn't scratched-up though, so I don't really need to get anything."

Rocky nervously pulled at the curls of his hair. "Is your 'bestest buddy' Tom Finch? I met him on the way here. How many other people live here?"

"Um, okay, sure! I do have my own house but it's more of my cat's house than mine," he looked down at the array of paper felines moving around the room. "I don't really have any furniture that really isn't scratched-up though, so I don't really need to get anything."

Rocky nervously pulled at the curls of his hair. "Is your 'bestest buddy' Tom Finch? I met him on the way here. How many other people live here?"

"Yep! I call him that even though he tells me not to." Ozzy said with a smile. "How many people live here? Oh, about five people. And sometimes the Snow Queen drops by to say hi and sleep. She's really cool." The prince sneezed cutely, but was able to cover his nose with his elbow. "Sorry. Would you like some soup?"

"Yep! I call him that even though he tells me not to." Ozzy said with a smile. "How many people live here? Oh, about five people. And sometimes the Snow Queen drops by to say hi and sleep. She's really cool." The prince sneezed cutely, but was able to cover his nose with his elbow. "Sorry. Would you like some soup?"

"Saying the Snow Queen's really cool is a pun, right? Clever," Rocky says as Prince Ozzy sneezes. Rocky giggles in a hushed way as the likeness or Ozzy's sneeze to that of a cat's becomes apparent.

"It's okay. No thanks, soup is kind of too messy for me," Rocky replied. Mikan, as brash as ever, jumped off of Rocky's shoulder and onto Ozzy's.

"Mikan. No. Do not." Rocky have Ozzy an apologetic look as Mikan made his way back to them. "Sorry, they're usually more well-behaved. Maybe they'd like some soup," he murmured quietly, not wanting to sound too demanding.

"Saying the Snow Queen's really cool is a pun, right? Clever," Rocky says as Prince Ozzy sneezes. Rocky giggles in a hushed way as the likeness or Ozzy's sneeze to that of a cat's becomes apparent.

"It's okay. No thanks, soup is kind of too messy for me," Rocky replied. Mikan, as brash as ever, jumped off of Rocky's shoulder and onto Ozzy's.

"Mikan. No. Do not." Rocky have Ozzy an apologetic look as Mikan made his way back to them. "Sorry, they're usually more well-behaved. Maybe they'd like some soup," he murmured quietly, not wanting to sound too demanding.

"Can they eat things like soup? I mean, they are just paper after all." Ozzy wondered, while he began to look the cute widdle paper cat. "So your name is Mikan?" He asked, he cheeks puffed out was he pondered the nature of animate paper cats.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, Mr. Rocky, how do you make cats like this?"

Jack made it to the castle and opened the front door bedore starting to walk around. "That cat should be here some were... Wow this place is nice. Who knew a tailer could have such a nice castle. Maybe I should become tailer." Jack said looking around the inside of castle before continueing to explore the castle.

Athena nodded slowly as the woman called out on her last name, staying silent. Her nods became more assured as the mention of her debt, she really did mean what she said.

Curious about her hair arrangement, Athena decided it best not to ask at that moment, as she hurried to keep up with her saviour. "Umm... Excuse me for being rude, but what is your name? What would you like me to call you by?", she asked meekly, worried that the beautiful lady may not want Athena to know, and that was why she had not mentioned in the first place. Being a natural worrier, she also hoped that she could stay around this woman for a little while at least, something about her comforted the winged girl, and she did not want to lose her just as she had lost her adoptive mother.

@Delacare

"I have been given many names over the centuries, Snow Queen being the most common, but you may call me Queen Winter." The Queen continued on her way as she spoke to Athena, slowing her pace just enough to allow the girl to catch up to her without overexerting herself. Up ahead, the trees took on surreal appearance as the forest floor became littered with faded, inscribed stones and dull crystals. As she approached the ruins, the crystals began to glow and the stones began to rise from their graves, somehow, without disturbing the plants that had grown over them. As Queen set foot into this surreal part of the forest, the air filled with lights, like tiny stars hung in the air.

latest

"Stay close to me if you do not wish to be lost." The Queen moved through the forest towards a natural arch formed my a tree that appeared to be crafted.

The floating stones sped past the Queen and Athena through the tree arch and began arranging themselves as their memories dictated. The air filled with a syncopated humming that sounded like chanting voices. Beyond the arch, there was now a ring of stones that were building themselves up onto and into deep impressions were they had resided in the trees. The humming became more distinct as the stones flew until it was obvious that there were indeed voices chanting in some long forgotten language. Reaching into her sleeves, the Snow Queen produced a small pebble that matched those of the circle. Upon its release, the stone sped into the nearly complete circle and tapped itself against the inside face of each of the 12 pillars of the stone circle before dropping into place in the every center of a spiral of similar pebbles on the ground. Faces made of bark grew out of the pilars where the pebble had touched, and were chanting. Once all twelve faces were grown, the chanting reached a crescendo, and each face opened its mouth releasing a stream of water that flowed down the pillars and swirled around the circle floor, following the path of the pebbles before disappearing into an unknown depth.

87fcc452fd44d48be771bc15ff10e5eb.jpg

@FrostFire

Athena merely nodded in response, she had more questions still to ask Queen Winter, but again she held back the wave of curiosity that threatened to come tumbling out of her mouth. Her interest piqued as they entered a part of the forest she had never seen before, and she imagined it was not a place one could just happen upon. She drew closer, now walking directly behind and a little to one side of the Queen, her eyes darting here, there and everywhere, but making sure to stay close to Queen Winter. She was even more curious by what was unfolding in front of her, and it took almost all of Athena's willpower to stay silent, and not ruin whatever the Queen was doing by blurting out a barrage of questions. It was obvious from her expression that she had a million and one questions for Queen Winter, but she stayed silent, watching intently and trying to absorb any sort of information or hint that she could.

Yggdrasil would have known. She would be able to explain everything to Athena, and the scene in front of her painfully reminded her of the wise Ash, her guilt, her regret...

Shoving that thought to the back of her mind, she focused her eyes back on the scene, away from her inner turmoil. But, regardless of her efforts, the pain still showed deep in her eyes, masked somewhat by her overwhelming inquisitiveness as to what she was witnessing, which she would by no means spoil by making a noise.

@Delacare

"Can they eat things like soup? I mean, they are just paper after all." Ozzy wondered, while he began to look the cute widdle paper cat. "So your name is Mikan?" He asked, he cheeks puffed out was he pondered the nature of animate paper cats.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, Mr. Rocky, how do you make cats like this?"

"Ah, yeah. Good point, it'd go right through 'em. It seems my wits have escaped me," Rocky said in response to Ozzy's pondering aloud.

"Yeah, his name's Mikan. Orange in Japanese, I'm pretty sure. My homeland, but I came here as a little kid. Anyways, I don't know how my cats become real, but I think it has something to do with family magic. My cats are pretty lively for paper, so I don't like to think of them as anything less than that. Hm, you got any rooms big enough for a me and a dozen kittens?"

"You have questions. Ask them. It would take more than a few curious words to undo what has been set in motion here." The Snow Queen stopped just outside the entrance to the circle. The chanting reached its conclusion and the faces of the circle shut their mouths, ceasing the flow of water, and regarded the Snow Queen and Athena. The Queen gave each face a nod of mutual respect, which each one returned, before stepping through the arch and stood in the center of the circle. The lights of the forest winked out slowly as the crystals fell back asleep. Though there was still a level of surrealism to the surrounding forest, the area had shrunk to just around the circle.

"It has been far too long since we have seen this world. Countless thanks upon you, Winter." The faces spoke in a round robin fashion that flowed together seamlessly. Each face only ever vocalized a single syllable at once. They each gazed at the Snow Queen with open admiration. Their attention then fell on Athena. "You, little one, are not known to us. Step forth and introduce yourself, as is proper." They spoke stern words, but their grandfatherly tone and grins were comforting.

@FrostFire

"Ah, yeah. Good point, it'd go right through 'em. It seems my wits have escaped me," Rocky said in response to Ozzy's pondering aloud.

"Yeah, his name's Mikan. Orange in Japanese, I'm pretty sure. My homeland, but I came here as a little kid. Anyways, I don't know how my cats become real, but I think it has something to do with family magic. My cats are pretty lively for paper, so I don't like to think of them as anything less than that. Hm, you got any rooms big enough for a me and a dozen kittens?"

"Yep! You can have the room connected to mine!" Ozzy giggled, before doing a little happy dance. "Do you want anything to drink?"

Athena opened her mouth to ask as many questions as she could, but then the faces began to speak, and she certainly did not want to cut across them. As commanded, she stepped forwards, a little nervous. "I am Athena Yggdrasil. It is an honour to be in your presence.", she bowed, and stepped back again to where she had been standing before, slightly behind Queen Winter.

Her politeness and respect for the beings around her held her tongue, but she was decided upon asking both Queen Winter and the faces about her mother, and her wings, to see if there was any way to remedy the ailment she had, and any way to see her mother, or even if there was something they knew about the wise Ash.

@Delacare

Confusion and recognition flashed around the circle of faces as Athena introduced herself. The Snow Queen merely nodded at that faces as they looked to her questioningly. The faces turned back to Athena with their grins in place.

"You have questions. Ask them, sister. We will answer them the best that we can." The tone of their voices became more familiar to Athena as their smiles shifted into something more personal, as if they knew the winged girl.

The Snow Queen stepped to the side and motioned for Athena to take her place in the center of the circle. As she stepped nearer to  the edge of the circle, the nearest face poured out a large but short stream of water. The water flowed towards the Snow Queen, froze as it touched the hem of her dress, and molded itself into a high-backed chair so finely wrought, that it should've fallen apart at the finest touch. The Snow Queen sat down delicately, gazing at Athena with expectation.

"Speak and you will be heard. Do not allow uncertainty to squander such a unique opportunity."  She gave a slight shooing motion with a hand before clasping her hands and sitting erect in the chair. Her posture was flawless to the point of agony for a mortal, but the Queen looked more comfortable somehow, though her face was a impassive as ever.

@FrostFire

"Yep! You can have the room connected to mine!" Ozzy giggled, before doing a little happy dance. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Uh, sure. Do you have iced tea? It's a favorite of mine. Er, where's your room? I mean, where's mine?" Thoughtfully, he picked up Kotetsu and began to pet him.  "Also, are you too a fable? What others are there?"

"Uh, sure. Do you have iced tea? It's a favorite of mine. Er, where's your room? I mean, where's mine?" Thoughtfully, he picked up Kotetsu and began to pet him.  "Also, are you too a fable? What others are there?"

"I think I might have some ice tea in the ice chest.. Oh, and as for rooms, I'll show you in a bit." Ozzy said, bending over grab it out of the little cooler they had.  "Me? A fable? Nah. I'm not a very interesting person. Tom is, though! He's The Brave Little Tailor. Alice is from Alice In Wonderland, and I think there's some others here."

@poisoned

Athena took a deep breath, and went into the centre.

"I... Is there any way that I would be able to fly again? The wounds around my wings prevent such an act, and I am looking for some way to completely or partially fix them.", her wings ruffled as she spoke of them, and as the scarring and wounds were covered by her silver accessories, she removed them, and the full extent of the injuries around her back became visible. The back of her dress was low, beginning under her shoulder blades, away from her wings, and the top of her Ash mark on her back was visible, with a branch or two peeking up. The ugly scarring around her wings was obvious, and it was also evident that not much could help her except for strong magic, or healing powers. The wings themselves were still strong, but it was the roots, where they protruded from her shoulders, which was the problem.

"And... I have some questions about my mother, Yggdrasil. I don't know if you know-... Knew her, but she was an Ash tree... It's my fault she's gone, but she gave me this before she-she...", choking on her words, Athena trailed off, and instead of finishing her sentence, she pulled down the fabric on her back, fully revealing the tree that grew there, which swayed slightly, the leaves rustling silently.

It still wasn't a fully developed tree, and it could be noted that the tree itself was 18 years of age, exactly as old as the winged girl.

"What does it mean? She was never able to explain what it is, or what it does... I don't know... Um... And are there other trees like Yggdrasil? Is there a way she could come back, I...", unable to continue due to the lump in her throat, she took a deep breath, hoping she hadn't been too brazen, and offended anyone.

@Delacare

She nodded,a nd did as he asked, "So, he likes sugar?"

"Saying that he likes sugar is an understatement. He loves sweets. I've seen him eat an entire cake." He said with a chuckle, tossing the vegetables into the basket. "I don't let him near the pantry at times. He'll probably just eat the sugar plain."

"Saying that he likes sugar is an understatement. He loves sweets. I've seen him eat an entire cake." He said with a chuckle, tossing the vegetables into the basket. "I don't let him near the pantry at times. He'll probably just eat the sugar plain."

She giggled a little, "Ow..." She then muttered. "So, I'm guessing by your title, you take care of the garden yourself, no?"

She giggled a little, "Ow..." She then muttered. "So, I'm guessing by your title, you take care of the garden yourself, no?"

"Yep. I grow the food water the flowers, and generally work the grounds of the castle." Gabe said with a smile, before looking over at her. "Hey, is something wrong? You don't look well." The satyr cracked his neck and knuckles, before taking the basket from her. 

"Yep. I grow the food water the flowers, and generally work the grounds of the castle." Gabe said with a smile, before looking over at her. "Hey, is something wrong? You don't look well." The satyr cracked his neck and knuckles, before taking the basket from her. 

"O-Oh, I'm fine," Aurora said quietly, her lips pulled into a soft smile. "I'm just a little tired."

Athena took a deep breath, and went into the centre.

"I... Is there any way that I would be able to fly again? The wounds around my wings prevent such an act, and I am looking for some way to completely or partially fix them.", her wings ruffled as she spoke of them, and as the scarring and wounds were covered by her silver accessories, she removed them, and the full extent of the injuries around her back became visible. The back of her dress was low, beginning under her shoulder blades, away from her wings, and the top of her Ash mark on her back was visible, with a branch or two peeking up. The ugly scarring around her wings was obvious, and it was also evident that not much could help her except for strong magic, or healing powers. The wings themselves were still strong, but it was the roots, where they protruded from her shoulders, which was the problem.

"And... I have some questions about my mother, Yggdrasil. I don't know if you know-... Knew her, but she was an Ash tree... It's my fault she's gone, but she gave me this before she-she...", choking on her words, Athena trailed off, and instead of finishing her sentence, she pulled down the fabric on her back, fully revealing the tree that grew there, which swayed slightly, the leaves rustling silently.

It still wasn't a fully developed tree, and it could be noted that the tree itself was 18 years of age, exactly as old as the winged girl.

"What does it mean? She was never able to explain what it is, or what it does... I don't know... Um... And are there other trees like Yggdrasil? Is there a way she could come back, I...", unable to continue due to the lump in her throat, she took a deep breath, hoping she hadn't been too brazen, and offended anyone.

@Delacare

The faces took at moment to think on Athena's questions before answering. Their obvious shock at the sight of Athena's tattoo took a while to wear away. Each face seemed to be considering her words separately before reaching an invisible consensus.

"You will fly again. We have no doubt of that, and there is a way to heal you, but we do not know of one as of yet. We are nearly wakened to this world, and have not had time to gaze outwards and see all that we've missed, or even how long we've slept. Do not lose heart, though, for we have good news to accompany the bad." The faces spoke swiftly to not allow Athena any time to fret.

"You are not alone in this world, sister. We are also children of Yggdrasil, though born from a seed carried upon the wind." The face directly in front of Athena winked. "If Yggdrasil has been cut down, for that is the one of the only ways for her to die, then she will not return to life, but she is not dead. A being like the World Tree merely sleeps when her physical form is... denied continuity. She will be back in a new form, but we will be but forgotten whispers upon the wind again when she does." Though her reincarnation was ensured, the loss of the great Ash still caused each face a few watery tears.

"Life and Death are in an endless cycle. All things succumb to Death in Time, and all deaths are births in Space. Yggdrasil has followed this cycle less closely than others, but she follows willingly and without fear or regret." The Snow Queen spoke out calmly before falling silent once more. The faces nodded in compliance and thanks.

"The mark on your back is an apology from Yggdrasil. Whatever happened to her, she believed that she was to blame and wanted you to not berate yourself. She must have truly trusted and loved you to give such a wonderful gift and responsibility." The faces gazed at Athena questioningly."

"I...I see...", Athena didn't know how to feel about what they had told her, and her mixed emotions just made her more confused. "Umm... She was like a Mother to me, she brought me up, cared for me... But I still don't understand what the mark is? What gift is it?", she wasn't sure whether to keep questioning the faces, or just leave it. Honestly, she herself wasn't quite sure what else to ask, and the answers to each question still hadn't sunk in. She understood the cycle that Queen Winter described, it was something Yggdrasil herself had taught her. But she had also told Athena that she would always be there for her, and yet she was gone. Gone for good in Athena's eyes, she would never see her Mother again. She still clung to what little hope she had, but it was slowly pouring away like sand through her fingers.

@Delacare

"Yggdrasil imparted some of her boundless wisdom to you. Now, because her wisdom is boundless, we have little idea what she gave you, but you will know when you are using it. That mark contains powerful magic to be able to bridge the distance to Yggdrasil, outside of the current Cycle." The Snow Queen answered her question for the faces, who nodded in agreement.

"Truthfully, the mark is more of a key to reach into that untouchable space where Yggdrasil now sleeps, and access some small parts of her wisdom. It is the closest you could ever come to still having Yggdrasil with you. She'll be able to sense you, even if you can't share words. We believe that that was her objective as opposed to giving you some of her powers."

"Such, a gift has its responsibilities, however. That mark is yours to have, hold, and protect. That key only opens a few doors into Yggdrasil's wisdom, but it could be used to force open all the doors, which could cause great harm to both the one using the key and Yggdrasil. Which, is why she has only created the mark three times before and had remained alive to remove them as well. Obviously, you are special enough for her to do this, and she believes that her wisdom will be needed by the world while she slumbers." The faces noticed Athena's conflicted state, and were trying to keep from overloading poor girl, but these where things she needed to hear and understand as early as possible.

@FrostFire

Athena nodded, obviously she wouldn't misuse what Yggdrasil had given her, and she didn't take it lightly. Her brows furrowed as she went over what they had said. So she was still connected to her mother, but she would still never talk nor see her again. It made her feel a little better.

"I see... That responsibility is already a given, I would never do anything to harm anything Yggdrasil has given me, nor harm her. I understand... But... I still have no idea how to use it, or even what I should do to help...", she was beginning to understand a bit better what was required of her, and this might even give her a purpose.

Athena was unaware that the powers and wisdom were already beginning to show, and was the sole reason she had survived for so long without much food.

"Thank you for your help, I do not know where I would be without your guidance.", Athena directed this at the faces, and Queen Winter, and she bowed to both parties in turn. 

@Delacare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back