IC RP

"Hrm. Who are Aurora and Gabe?" Rocky's cheeks were dusted a slight pink, and he tugged at hair self-consciously. Nervously, he sat down next to Ozzy. 

"Ah, nevermind, I guess I'll meet them later. So, you want to know more about me? Well, I was born on a farm but it wasn't really suited for me. Or so my dad said. So he sent me off to be an altar boy. The priest said I wasn't suited for being an altar boy either so he sent me off too. I was walking back home when I saw this really old house and for some reason it seemed really inviting. I go to sleep; I wake up and my cats were walking around for the first time! It was insane! They fought this giant rat thing all night and I saw its dead body like two feet away! They were covered in blood! It was awesome!"

"I was going to tell my dad but..." his voice calms as he averts his eyes, "I decided not to. I haven't seen him since he sent me away. But, I'm rambling, so I'll stop." He fell back onto the bed, mind running with the memories of the times he's just described. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

"I don't have a very interesting story, but okay.. Ahem.. Well, I used to a prince of a big kingdom, when my parents found out I was gay. Then, they.. Well, they exiled me, and I had to leave the kingdom." Ozzy sniffled, remembering his home and old family. The ones he had to leave behind..

"After that, I met Tom, and then we found Castle Oakheart. That's about it.."

"It is settled then. We will search for your healing while the Queen finds you a place to rest and recover. We will count the moments until we meet again, little sister." The faces a gave a final smile before closing their eyes and beginning to snore softly.

"Come away, child. They have begun their search. Always leave the way you came when you meet them next." The Snow Queen turned to leave the circle through the same arch they entered. As she stepped through the archway, her hood evaporated, and the apparent thick fabric of her dress thinned to the consistency of silk. 

"It would seem that we spent longer than I anticipated." She commented dourly as she noted that half a day had passed outside the circle while only two had passed from within.

Making sure that Athena had fallen in line behind her, the Snow Queen set off in the direction of Ozzy's castle.

@FrostFire

((Sorry, the site went down just as I was gonna post yesterday.))

"I don't have a very interesting story, but okay.. Ahem.. Well, I used to a prince of a big kingdom, when my parents found out I was gay. Then, they.. Well, they exiled me, and I had to leave the kingdom." Ozzy sniffled, remembering his home and old family. The ones he had to leave behind..

"After that, I met Tom, and then we found Castle Oakheart. That's about it.."

"That's... horrible," his mind drifted to memories of his own send off. He felt he shouldn't make Ozzy think even more about it, it'd be like putting salt on a open wound. So he tried to change the subject.

"So this castle's name is Oakheart. Do you know its history, or is there not much to know?"

((sorry for the late reply I've been having writer's block lately))

"That's... horrible," his mind drifted to memories of his own send off. He felt he shouldn't make Ozzy think even more about it, it'd be like putting salt on a open wound. So he tried to change the subject.

"So this castle's name is Oakheart. Do you know its history, or is there not much to know?"

((sorry for the late reply I've been having writer's block lately))

"Absolutely not." Ozzy said with a sigh. He sniffled at the memory. "If.. if it's not too much to ask, can I have a hug?"

Athena nodded, committing the fact to memory. "What happens if you go through a different one?", her curiosity piqued, and even more so as Queen Winter's dress changed. She didn't mind them spending more time with the faces, it wasn't like she was missing anything or had any place to be.

Athena hoped she would be staying with Queen Winter, whom she really liked and wanted to stay with. She hadn't known her long, but still she had grown to like her.

"Will I be staying with you?".

@Delacare

The Snow Queen set a brisk pace through the forest towards Oakheart. Gauging the time it would take to reach the castle on foot with Athena's pace, the Snow Queen decided to take another form of transportation. The frosty decorations woven through her hair completely broke down into a stream of snow. The snow launched into the sky becoming a puffy cloud that swirled and condensed into a white sled drawn by horse-shaped winter winds. The sled descended to the forest floor, and the Snow Queen stepped into it, gracefully pulling Athena in as well. As soon as Athena and the Queen were on board, the sled returned to the sky on a straight course for the castle.

"If you step though a different arch, you step out of another entrance to the circle. Since the Circle of Yew Pillars has only just now been reconstituted, there is no way of knowing the fate of their various entrances, which is why we came to their physical location instead of using an arch." The Snow Queen checked the hem of her dress as if it were a timepiece.

"I am taking you to a safe place to rest. You cannot stay with me, as I am running out of time here, and I do not have enough power to take you back with me. I should have reminded the circle to keep us tethered in time."

@FrostFire

Athena watched in awe as the sled appeared, and she gladly got in with Queen Winter. She was elated to be in the air again, she hadn't flown since before everything happened, and even if it was not with her wings, she still felt at home in the air, as if a weight was lifted from her shoulders.

She had guessed as much, and it was interesting to hear, and Athena wondered how such gateways worked, but held her tongue for another day.

Slightly worried about what she said, Athena turned away from the side of the carriage, towards Queen Winter.

"Oh... Is something wrong? And where is it you live...?", realising she was asking a lot of questions, Athena trailed off, and worried instead. She worried about whom she was being sent to...

@Delacare

"As I am sure you've grasped by now, I am Winter. If you look around, you will notice that Fall had barely begun, and I am notoriously out of season. As such, the time I can spend actively in this world is extremely limited, and subject to the whims of the governing season. Normally, I would return to my palace on the highest mountain at the northern most point in the world but I will need to remove myself from the Cycle altogether to regenerate the power I've spent in awakening the circle." The Snow Queen's point was compounded by the slow, but steady, evaporation of her dress hem.

"Even if I were able to properly rest in my palace, I could not call forth enough power to transport a physical form and shield you from the cold. Instead, I will leave you in the, questionably, capable hands of a mortal I've crossed paths with on several occasions. His name is Ozzy, and, while I question the validity of his human sanity, I know that he is harmless and will care for you appropriately.

@FrostFire

Athena listened intently, she understood what Queen Winter was saying, but she was worried about this Ozzy person. She was grateful for the Queens help, and she would do as she asked, and go to stay with him, but nevertheless she picked up on her remark about his sanity. Athena silently nodded in response, mulling over everything she had said. She could hardly object, but she did want to...

"I... I see...", she turned and closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of being airborne. 

@Delacare

"Absolutely not." Ozzy said with a sigh. He sniffled at the memory. "If.. if it's not too much to ask, can I have a hug?"

"Okay," Rocky murmured unsurely. A little shakily, he wrapped his arms around Ozzy. It was a little awkward at first, the Rocky leaned into the touch. His head brushed against the dip where Ozzy's head met his neck, and he closed his eyes. Realizing the situation, his eyes snapped open again, "uh, I can let go if you want."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Okay," Rocky murmured unsurely. A little shakily, he wrapped his arms around Ozzy. It was a little awkward at first, the Rocky leaned into the touch. His head brushed against the dip where Ozzy's head met his neck, and he closed his eyes. Realizing the situation, his eyes snapped open again, "uh, I can let go if you want."

Ozzy whimpered, and wiped his eyes and nose with his sleeve. He didn't want his new friend to see him crying. "N-no.. I-I just.. If you wanna t's just..." Ozzy couldn't hold it in anymore. Streams of tears came down his down his cheeks, before burying his face in the crook of Rocky's neck. 

"I-is there something w-w-wrong with m-me?" Ozzy cried, before going into more tears.

Ozzy whimpered, and wiped his eyes and nose with his sleeve. He didn't want his new friend to see him crying. "N-no.. I-I just.. If you wanna t's just..." Ozzy couldn't hold it in anymore. Streams of tears came down his down his cheeks, before burying his face in the crook of Rocky's neck. 

"I-is there something w-w-wrong with m-me?" Ozzy cried, before going into more tears.

"No. No. There's nothing wrong with you, I promise," he reassuringly ran his fingers through Ozzy's hair. It was gesture that he never felt himself, but always wanted to. This exchange was as comforting for him as he hoped it was for Ozzy, he realized. "It's alright. I don't think anything is wrong with you... I'm gay, too." He froze as he realized what he said.

"No. No. There's nothing wrong with you, I promise," he reassuringly ran his fingers through Ozzy's hair. It was gesture that he never felt himself, but always wanted to. This exchange was as comforting for him as he hoped it was for Ozzy, he realized. "It's alright. I don't think anything is wrong with you... I'm gay, too." He froze as he realized what he said.

"Y-you are..?" Ozzy sniffled, wiping his eyes before looking up at The Boy Who Drew Cats. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a cute little hankey and blew his nose. "I'm sorry, I-I haven't really met another person like me. I mean, Gabe likes guys too, but he also likes girls.." After he calmed down, he looked up at Rocky and smiled. "Thank you, Rocky. That really meant a lot to me." Then, at that moment, Ozzy remembered that he left the broth on the the fire. "Oh jeez! I left the soup on! I-I gotta go!" Ozzy said, jumping up and tying his apron on. He went for the door, but hesitated. The little prince sighed, and ran back over to Rocky, and quickly kissed him on the cheek, before scampering back to the kitchen.

@historic

"Do not despair Athena. I find all mortals difficult to understand. In truth, you could find Ozzy completely flawless because you understand him in a way that I am incapable. It will only be for a few short months; winter draws near." The sled was fast approaching the Oakheart. The Snow Queen noticed how much Athena was enjoying being in the sky, and allowed the sled to circle he castle for a few extra minutes before landing in the main courtyard.

"Come Athena." The Snow Queen climbed out of the sled and strode towards the main doors of the castle. Once Athena dismounted the sled, it would fade way into nothing.

The doors of the castle swung open as the Snow Queen approached. Taking half a second to mentally search for Ozzy, she turned towards the kitchens to intercept the prince before he reached them.

@FrostFire @Safety Hammer

Athena nodded, sympathising with Queen Winter's point. "Well, I do not understand them much either. I was brought up by a tree, after all.", she smiled weakly, what she had intended as a joke fell flat. She followed behind Winter, and noticed that this was the castle she had knocked on before, the ones who had ignored her... Still, she couldn't blame them, her enormous wings did tend to put people off.

@Delacare

"Do not despair Athena. I find all mortals difficult to understand. In truth, you could find Ozzy completely flawless because you understand him in a way that I am incapable. It will only be for a few short months; winter draws near." The sled was fast approaching the Oakheart. The Snow Queen noticed how much Athena was enjoying being in the sky, and allowed the sled to circle he castle for a few extra minutes before landing in the main courtyard.

"Come Athena." The Snow Queen climbed out of the sled and strode towards the main doors of the castle. Once Athena dismounted the sled, it would fade way into nothing.

The doors of the castle swung open as the Snow Queen approached. Taking half a second to mentally search for Ozzy, she turned towards the kitchens to intercept the prince before he reached them.

@FrostFire @Safety Hammer

Ozzy was in such a hurry to make it to the kitchen, that he didn't notice the Snow Queen standing in the doorway. So, the little prince slammed into her, causing him to fall to the ground. "Owie.. Owie owie owie.... Hi, Snow Queen..."

((Lol poor Ozzy. Running into the Snow QUeen would feel like tackling a a frozen ironwood tree.))

"Ozzy, I see you have yet to master the difficult skill of looking where you are going." The Snow Queen looked down at Ozzy with a blank expression, though she was not unkind in her delivery.

"Ozzy this is Athena. She is my charge and will be in your care until winter comes. I trust that you will make sure she is comfortable while I am away?" It was not a question. The Snow QUeen turned slightly to look at Athena.

"This is Ozzy. As I said he is an... interesting character, but a good person. If there is anything you need, just ask him." She stepped back slightly to allow Athena space to greet Ozzy and vice versa.

@Safety Hammer @FrostFire

Athena jumped back a bit when Ozzy crashed into Queen Winter, not expecting such a sudden appearance. Shaking a little, she stepped closer, and bowed slightly. "I-Um... I-it's nice t-to meet you.", she was more afraid now than she had been when meeting Queen Winter, perhaps because she was fully conscious now. She stuck close to Queen Winter, anxious that she was leaving, but accepting it nonetheless. 

@Safety Hammer @Delacare

((Lol poor Ozzy. Running into the Snow QUeen would feel like tackling a a frozen ironwood tree.))

"Ozzy, I see you have yet to master the difficult skill of looking where you are going." The Snow Queen looked down at Ozzy with a blank expression, though she was not unkind in her delivery.

"Ozzy this is Athena. She is my charge and will be in your care until winter comes. I trust that you will make sure she is comfortable while I am away?" It was not a question. The Snow QUeen turned slightly to look at Athena.

"This is Ozzy. As I said he is an... interesting character, but a good person. If there is anything you need, just ask him." She stepped back slightly to allow Athena space to greet Ozzy and vice versa.

@Safety Hammer @FrostFire

Ozzy looked back up at both the Snow Queen and also at the winged lady. "I'm sorry, but if you excuse me, but I need to get to the kitchen so I don't over cook the soup for the sick princess and the really hot guy upstairs!" The prince shrieked when he heard a 'ding' come from the kitchen as well. "EEEEEK! I gotta get the bread!" He quickly scampered around them, and bolted to the kitchen. "GO ASK TOM WHERE HER ROOM IS! ALSO, IF THERE IS ANY WATER DAMAGE TO THE HARD WOOD FLOORS AGAIN, SNOWY, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU FIX THEM YOURSELF!"

"You don't look fine to me." Gabe said, furling his brow in doubt. "Tell me what's wrong, princess."

@FireMaiden

A frigid wind blew harshly through the hall when Ozzy called the Snow Queen "Snowy", but she turned towards a tapestry on the wall depicting an ornately carved door. The tapestry swept itself aside to reveal a matching door in the wall. The door swung open to reveal a narrow corridor and the Snow Queen swept inside, beckoning for Athena to follow. Striding down the dark corridor, the Snow Queen began to glow softly to give Athena light to walk by.

"As I said, I question his sanity, but he means well.  This way leads to the main hidden passages of the castle, but we only need the stairs." Reaching an intersection, the Snow Queen turned left the immediately turned right and pressed a stone in the wall at eye level. The wall receded to reveal a spiral staircase that appeared to lead to nowhere. The Snow Queen waited for Athena the step through first.

@FrostFire

"Escape from where, exactly?" He asked with a curious expression, while slowly walking back to the kitchen so he could bring the veggies back. "And how bad were you injured?"

"My husband..." She said softly. She have him a small shrug, "I'm not sure, but its not that bad. I'm sure most of the bleeding has stopped."

Athena followed along, glad she was going with Queen Winter, and she made sure to note what directions they took, just in case she would need a hasty getaway. She also made sure to watch which stone Winter pressed, just in case. Peering up the staircase, Athena stepped through, and climbed a few steps before looking back, to make sure the Queen was following, or if she was planning on leaving her to climb them alone.

@Delacare

Following Athena inside, the Snow Queen pressed another stone and shut the entrance behind them before sweeping past Athena and pushing on a series of stones to open another secret door to a larger spiral staircase with windows. As she stepped out onto the larger staircase, it became apparent that the door was actually a large painting that was unlocked by the stone combination and would latch back on its own.

"Close the painting behind you Athena." The Snow Queen began the steady climb up the stairs of what was obviously a very tall tower.

@FrostFire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back