IC RP

"You would be lying face down in the middle of a forest dying an agonizingly slow and painful death as the mark fought to preserve and prolong a life that had given up hope on herself." The Snow Queen said to Athena. Her voice was even, but it was obvious that she disproved of such needless waste. "The gift that Yggdrasil risked giving would have been for nothing as the mark eventually faded away, with your life, and been returned to outside this Cycle. I imagine Yggdrasil would find her dreams troubled for many years to come afterwards."

"What the Queen means is that you have already been making use of the gifts given by the mark so survive. She has a strict "no waste" policy about the way she see's the world. Winter is a season of sparseness and scarcity. Every little benefit must be cherished. Every item exhausted efficiently. Every waste product must have another purpose. Considering how much Yggdrasil risks by giving the mark in her death, giving up on life would seem like one of the greatest of injustices, to her." The faces added in smoothly.

"We are glad for your thanks, but you do not understand a simple truth. We are not worried about you abusing the key. Yggdrasil would not have given it if she ever foresaw having a doubt. We are concerned that others could use you, against your will, to gain access to knowledge beyond their understanding. You are meant to protect the key from the world, and the world from it."

@FrostFire

Athena wasn't sure how to react to Queen Winter's remark, and opened and closed her mouth like a fish for a minute, as she listened to the faces. Composing herself, her cheeks still a little red, she looked down, a bitter smile on her face.

"They have already tried.", she held out her wrists, and extended her wings a little, all were covered in a mass of old and fairly new scar tissue. 

"All they did was ruin everything. They got nothing from me but my suffering.", her voice was heavy, the sadness there plain as the sun in the sky. Athena shook her head, and brightened up, moving hose thoughts to the back of her head.

"I see now. I can only promise to do my best.", Athena smiled, and if halfhearted, she meant it. 

@Delacare

"If they had to torture you physically, then the wisdom of the mark was not their objective. Those that would actively seek out to mark would have better grasp of how to make it a key, and they would know that removing it from you would be useless. You are as much a part of the key as its carrier, Athena. Do not despair though, the mark has a way of hiding in plain sight. Hold firm, little sister. If Yggdrasil chose you, then you best will be enough." The faces returned her smile, but there was nothing halfhearted about their sentiments.

"Now, is there anything else you wish to know?"

@FrostFire

Athena nodded, taking notes in her head. She was comforted by what they said, but only a little. She was a worrier at heart, and even if she had a little more hope, what she saw still wasn't what she wanted to.

"Umm... I don't think so, no...", she was still a little overwhelmed, and was trying hard to hide it.

"Thank you very much for your help.", Athena bowed again as she stepped away from her spot in the centre, although still not completely out of the circle.

@Delacare

"Why don't you sit down for a few moments and try to absorb all this new information? We need to speak with Her Majesty, anyway." The faces nodded to a spot on the stonewall surrounding the circle that was covered in a thick layer of soft moss.

The Snow Queen rose from her seat, which promptly melted away, and stood in the center of the circle. She began conversing with the faces, but to Athena the words coming out of their mouths would sound like whistling winds and rushing water.

@FrostFire

Athena gladly moved to sit down, thankful to finally have somewhere soft to rest after all the walking she had done recently. She certainly didn't understand what they were saying, nor did she much care, it did not concern her, and she had more pressing things to worry about.

She contemplated what they had told her, and, now that she thought about it, she had been noticing slight differences, although she had just attributed it to her new lifestyle. And getting away from her kidnappers had been a rather surreal experience... She had never been able to talk to horses before, although at the time it had felt completely natural, and it still did. Some of the other things that had happened that she at the time had attributed it to chance she was now beginning to see made a lot more sense. Perhaps herself and Yggdrasil had finally had enough of being in that cage...

Athena shivered, and proceeded to put all her silver accessories back on, feeling much less exposed once they were in place again.

@Delacare

"I think I might have some ice tea in the ice chest.. Oh, and as for rooms, I'll show you in a bit." Ozzy said, bending over grab it out of the little cooler they had.  "Me? A fable? Nah. I'm not a very interesting person. Tom is, though! He's The Brave Little Tailor. Alice is from Alice In Wonderland, and I think there's some others here."

@poisoned

"Don't say that. You can be interesting and not be a fable. I have non-fable friends..." his voice trailed off as he realized that he did not, as a matter of fact, have non-fable friends. "Erm. Okay. Maybe I don't have non-fable friends, but I'm sure having you as a friend won't be boring."

"Huh," he nervously scratched at the back of his neck, "is it too early to say we're friends?"

"Don't say that. You can be interesting and not be a fable. I have non-fable friends..." his voice trailed off as he realized that he did not, as a matter of fact, have non-fable friends. "Erm. Okay. Maybe I don't have non-fable friends, but I'm sure having you as a friend won't be boring."

"Huh," he nervously scratched at the back of his neck, "is it too early to say we're friends?"

"I would love to be your friend!" Ozzy said with a happy smile, before setting down his spoon, and leading him to the room that they would share. 

"Here we are!"

987e4dd87d6f41ebfcd3c6114c5bff67.jpg

"I would love to be your friend!" Ozzy said with a happy smile, before setting down his spoon, and leading him to the room that they would share. 

"Here we are!"

"Uh, thanks! I'd love to be your friend too!" Roka said with more enthusiasm than he intended, making him blush from embarrassment.

"This room is... big," he said breathlessly as he took it in. He was used to small cottages with at least two cats per foot. This was... perfect!

"So, uh, where will we be staying? I mean, do you have another bed or...?" He turned red at the thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uh, thanks! I'd love to be your friend too!" Roka said with more enthusiasm than he intended, making him blush from embarrassment.

"This room is... big," he said breathlessly as he took it in. He was used to small cottages with at least two cats per foot. This was... perfect!

"So, uh, where will we be staying? I mean, do you have another bed or...?" He turned red at the thought.

Ozzy then realized that there was only one bed. "O-oh jeez..." He said, turning red as well. "Umm..  y-you aren't a homophobe or anything, right?"

Ozzy then realized that there was only one bed. "O-oh jeez..." He said, turning red as well. "Umm..  y-you aren't a homophobe or anything, right?"

"Um... n-no... but... isn't privacy gonna be an issue? I mean. You. And me. Sharing a bed. It's been a while since I've even shared a house with anyone besides a cat. But I guess... I guess we can make it work. I-if you're okay with it, I mean."

"Um... n-no... but... isn't privacy gonna be an issue? I mean. You. And me. Sharing a bed. It's been a while since I've even shared a house with anyone besides a cat. But I guess... I guess we can make it work. I-if you're okay with it, I mean."

"I mean, I don't think so. And sharing a bed doesn't mean that we are gonna be groping each other. Maybe if we just sleep booty to booty, we can avoid all of the awkwardness. Or if not, I'm more than happy to simply sleep on the floor." Ozzy said as he looked at the taller and hotter teenager, before walking over to the bed, and sitting down. "I only have a couple rules. First rule is that the last person awake is responsible for turning off the lights. The next is that on laundry day, I expect you to fold your own clothes. Aaand that's about it."

"Why don't you sit down for a few moments and try to absorb all this new information? We need to speak with Her Majesty, anyway." The faces nodded to a spot on the stonewall surrounding the circle that was covered in a thick layer of soft moss.

The Snow Queen rose from her seat, which promptly melted away, and stood in the center of the circle. She began conversing with the faces, but to Athena the words coming out of their mouths would sound like whistling winds and rushing water.

@FrostFire

(Love the new sig, my man. I don't know if I would take being mistaken for a woman as a compliment or an insult.)

"I mean, I don't think so. And sharing a bed doesn't mean that we are gonna be groping each other. Maybe if we just sleep booty to booty, we can avoid all of the awkwardness. Or if not, I'm more than happy to simply sleep on the floor." Ozzy said as he looked at the taller and hotter teenager, before walking over to the bed, and sitting down. "I only have a couple rules. First rule is that the last person awake is responsible for turning off the lights. The next is that on laundry day, I expect you to fold your own clothes. Aaand that's about it."

"Butt to butt. In the same bed. That's... new. But, ah, I don't want to make you sleep on the floor, so it's alright I guess? I'll follow your rules best I can, but I've, erm, never really learned how to do chores. My old house was kind of a mess, scratched-up furniture aside," Rocky looked around the room, where he would be staying for most of the foreseeable future.

"Also, I'm sorry for the inevitable mess that the cats will probably make here. I create them, but they mostly march to the beat of their own drum. They also don't like other animals, so are there any other animals they should know about?"

"Butt to butt. In the same bed. That's... new. But, ah, I don't want to make you sleep on the floor, so it's alright I guess? I'll follow your rules best I can, but I've, erm, never really learned how to do chores. My old house was kind of a mess, scratched-up furniture aside," Rocky looked around the room, where he would be staying for most of the foreseeable future.

"Also, I'm sorry for the inevitable mess that the cats will probably make here. I create them, but they mostly march to the beat of their own drum. They also don't like other animals, so are there any other animals they should know about?"

"This is a castle full of Fables, Rocky. There are a ton of other animals." Ozzy said with with a 'you should have known the answer to that' look on his face.

"Oh, and I don't care about the cats. As long as you don't draw on the walls or stuff. Oh and I just wanna say thanks for saying that you want to be my friend." Then, the little prince hugged the Fable. "You.. You're warm and your clothes are soft. Will you be my snuggle buddy?"

(Love the new sig, my man. I don't know if I would take being mistaken for a woman as a compliment or an insult.)

((It's a compliment when people assume that my glamour is simply too amazing to be male, but it's an insult when people assume it just because my hair is long enough to brush my shoulders, and I'm overweight (i'm 6ft and weigh about 250lbs). I may look a lot like my mother, in the face, but it's clearly a male face. Most people don't even care to look before they speak. At least online, I know that it's because I carry myself with feminine flare, and my writing style is can be real bitchy-best friend, in delivery.))

Athena gladly moved to sit down, thankful to finally have somewhere soft to rest after all the walking she had done recently. She certainly didn't understand what they were saying, nor did she much care, it did not concern her, and she had more pressing things to worry about.

She contemplated what they had told her, and, now that she thought about it, she had been noticing slight differences, although she had just attributed it to her new lifestyle. And getting away from her kidnappers had been a rather surreal experience... She had never been able to talk to horses before, although at the time it had felt completely natural, and it still did. Some of the other things that had happened that she at the time had attributed it to chance she was now beginning to see made a lot more sense. Perhaps herself and Yggdrasil had finally had enough of being in that cage...

Athena shivered, and proceeded to put all her silver accessories back on, feeling much less exposed once they were in place again.

@Delacare

The Snow Queen and the faces continued their indecipherable conversation for a little over an hour before the wind and water noises began to die down. The Queen spoke windily one last time and the faces nodded. It seemed that whatever they had been discussing, both parties would be able to walk away satisfied with their discoveries.

"Little sister, we have discussed much with Wint- we mean the Snow Queen. She has informed us about how long we've been gone and many of the important happenings we've missed, which reduces the amount of time we'l need to search for those answers. Because of this, we will be able to search for ways of healing you and returning your flight to you. While it may still take a while to find a safe medium, that search time has been reduced, drastically, from decades to years at the very worst; though, we anticipate only a few months of search." The faces addressed Athena with barely contained excitement; they really loved delivering good news.

"In the meantime, I will be arranging accommodations for you, Athena. I will not have a soul in debt to me wandering around potentially dangerous lands in such sub-par health conditions." Though her voice was severe as ever, there was somehow a hint of a jest. Truly, it was surprising how much a voice that lacked basic inflection, beside frozen calm, could portray emotion.

"This is a castle full of Fables, Rocky. There are a ton of other animals." Ozzy said with with a 'you should have known the answer to that' look on his face.

"Oh, and I don't care about the cats. As long as you don't draw on the walls or stuff. Oh and I just wanna say thanks for saying that you want to be my friend." Then, the little prince hugged the Fable. "You.. You're warm and your clothes are soft. Will you be my snuggle buddy?"

"OH!" Rocky was caught off guard by Ozzy hugging him, but he liked the feeling of comfort. He didn't know how to reciprocate the affection, so he awakwardly tried to pat Ozzy's head.

"Um, o-okay! B-but w-what's a snuggle buddy?"

"OH!" Rocky was caught off guard by Ozzy hugging him, but he liked the feeling of comfort. He didn't know how to reciprocate the affection, so he awakwardly tried to pat Ozzy's head.

"Um, o-okay! B-but w-what's a snuggle buddy?"

"A buddy that you snuggle with, dummy!" Ozzy said, before lightly punching Rocky's arm (Ozzy is not strong what so ever). "I've got fluffy blankets!"

Athena perked up, hopeful that she may once again be able to fly properly. "Thank you!", her excitement was evident also, as she turned to face Queen Winter.

Even if she had only known the Queen for a short while, she felt more used to her mannerisms. "Yes, that would probably be best... I have never had much luck myself.", she did not mind not having a place, she didn't really feel comfortable cooped up with any of the people she had met. She had spend a night in a badger den, which she found much more agreeable, even if they did have to dig her a temporary hole for her, and space was somewhat of an issue...

@Delacare

Ozzy quickly scampered over to the closet, and came back with a mound of fluffy blankets, all varying in color. "Want one?"

@historic

Ozzy quickly scampered over to the closet, and came back with a mound of fluffy blankets, all varying in color. "Want one?"

@historic

"Oh, um, okay!" He took a blanket and wrapped it around himself, pulling back his hair. It stayed down for a bit, then promptly returned to its curly and unruly state. Sighing wistfully, he grabbed a fistful of his hair and tried to knot it into a ponytail, but was unsuccessful. A curl fell between his eyes. "Hm. It's been a while since I've had my hair cut. You know any anyone good at cutting hair?"

"Oh, um, okay!" He took a blanket and wrapped it around himself, pulling back his hair. It stayed down for a bit, then promptly returned to its curly and unruly state. Sighing wistfully, he grabbed a fistful of his hair and tried to knot it into a ponytail, but was unsuccessful. A curl fell between his eyes. "Hm. It's been a while since I've had my hair cut. You know any anyone good at cutting hair?"

"Not really.. Maybe Aurora or Gabe can do it for you." Ozzy said, wrapping himself in a fluffy green blanket and plopping down cross legged on the bed. "But, if you were to ask me, I think that your hair looks cute. It kinda has that playful look to it." Ozzy lightly blushed at the last statement, before he patted the space on the bed next to him.

"Can you sit with me? I wanna get to know you a bit better."

"Not really.. Maybe Aurora or Gabe can do it for you." Ozzy said, wrapping himself in a fluffy green blanket and plopping down cross legged on the bed. "But, if you were to ask me, I think that your hair looks cute. It kinda has that playful look to it." Ozzy lightly blushed at the last statement, before he patted the space on the bed next to him.

"Can you sit with me? I wanna get to know you a bit better."

"Hrm. Who are Aurora and Gabe?" Rocky's cheeks were dusted a slight pink, and he tugged at hair self-consciously. Nervously, he sat down next to Ozzy. 

"Ah, nevermind, I guess I'll meet them later. So, you want to know more about me? Well, I was born on a farm but it wasn't really suited for me. Or so my dad said. So he sent me off to be an altar boy. The priest said I wasn't suited for being an altar boy either so he sent me off too. I was walking back home when I saw this really old house and for some reason it seemed really inviting. I go to sleep; I wake up and my cats were walking around for the first time! It was insane! They fought this giant rat thing all night and I saw its dead body like two feet away! They were covered in blood! It was awesome!"

"I was going to tell my dad but..." his voice calms as he averts his eyes, "I decided not to. I haven't seen him since he sent me away. But, I'm rambling, so I'll stop." He fell back onto the bed, mind running with the memories of the times he's just described. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

Users who are viewing this thread