IC RP

Athena followed, still paying close attention to everything that she did.

"Ah! Yes, Queen Winter...", she said, as she turned around and did as she was told, before following along, trying not to let her wings weigh her down too much as she climbed, and she was getting a little breathless, still weak from her ordeal. 

@Delacare

After a  several minutes of climbing, the Snow Queen the to o the staircase  and stood before a white door decorated with silver inlay in the shape of a snowflake, but it had no doorknob. The snowflake glowed at the Queen's approach and swung open to reveal a large, circular room with large windows on all sides. The room was sparsely, but finely, decorated with tapestries, paintings, and furniture, including a large four poster bed with silk sheets. The Snow Queen stepped into the room and waited for Athena to follow. She gave the girl a few minutes to gaze around before speaking.

"This is my room when I choose to stay closer to mortals during winter. You will be staying here until winter; I am sure that you will appreciate the height." The tower was incalculably higher than anything human hands should be able to build.

"Now, of course I have made several adjustments to the tower and you will notice that the amount of time we spent climbing stairs should not have been enough to make it even halfway up the tower. This room has no doorknob,so you will need a key, and I will also leave you with a guide to help you maneuver around the castle and back to the circle should you need their council while I am away." The Snow Queen outstretched her hand and snowy particle lowed from her dress and condensed above her palm in the shape of a snowflake that matched the one on the door. As the last of the snowy particle condensed, the Snow Queen's dress became a simple robe.

The snowflake drifted out towards Athena as it neared her, it's form changed to mimic her own.

snowflakefairy.jpg

@FrostFire

Athena followed the Queen, and when she did walk into the room, her mouth opened slightly in shock. It was definitely the nicest place she had ever been in, but she shook her head, pushing her awe of the room to the back of her mind, as she listened to Queen Winter.

She nodded along, and her ears perked up when she mentioned a guide. As she snowflake neared her, her eyes widened, and she was delighted by the beautiful fairy that was before her.

"Oh! She's beautiful...", Athena's voice was barely above a whisper.

@Delacare

(Sorry it's pretty rushed, but I've been really busy all day, and I have a ton of work to do now... ;-; )

"Greetings Athena, I am Willowtear Bellabee, but everyone calls me Bee. I will be watching over you in our Queen's place til she beings winter." The snow fairy gave Athena a polite curtsy and a warm smile.

"Bee will be your key to the room as well as your guide. She has a more in depth understanding of the mortal condition than I do, so feel free to ask her many questions." The Snow Queen swept forward and took Athena's hand in her cool ones. Leaning forward, she placed a simple kiss on the girl's forehead. 

"That shall protect you from cold; it can get quite frigid in this room at times."

Still holding Athena's hands, and looking into her eyes, the Snow Queen nodded with satisfaction. Then, her form flickered and faded become insubstantial. 

"It would seem that I have almost used the last of the power I had brought with me." Dissolving the last of her robe, the Snow Queen made herself physical again as she allowed her form from the waist down to fall away.

"I do not have much time left, Athena. Is there anything else you can think of before I go?"

@FrostFire

"Hi Bee!", Athena grinned wider at the little fairy, and curtsied back.

She blinked a little, but was grateful for the gift, even if she was a little shocked.

"Thank you. I-uhm, I cannot. I'm sure Bee can answer any questions I have, please, go before anything bad happens. I'll be fine.", Athena was worried, even if logic told her she shouldn't be, Queen Winter obviously knew what she was doing, but still she worried. She gave the Queen a weak smile, which overall didn't have much weight as her brows were softly knitted, even as she tried to keep the concern from her face.

@Delacare

"You have concerns, I can see that, but worry not. I am in perfect health, even now. This form simply lacks the substance to sustain itself and my consciousness. The next time we meet, I will be much better prepared." The thin line of the Snow Queen's lips quirked and curved upwards ever so slightly before her form burst into a flurry of snow. The flurry of snow swept through the now open windows and out into the sky. The windows shut themselves softly.

"The Snow Queen actually smiled." Bee muttered out loud in astonishment. "She hasn't done that in... four centuries. You must be a real special girl." Bee flew around Athena's body to get a good look at her from every angle. She had a curious look on her face.

@FrostFire

"My husband..." She said softly. She have him a small shrug, "I'm not sure, but its not that bad. I'm sure most of the bleeding has stopped."

Gabe's concern and interest was piqued. "Okay okay okay.... you mean to tell me that your husband hurt you? And also that you rad away from this man, only to wind up here at Castle Oakheart?" The satyr asked, his attention fully on the woman who was walking beside him. He exhaled, and tried to center his thoughts. Okay... Yeah, okay, I think I understand now. Don't worry princess, you'll be safe here."

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabe's concern and interest was piqued. "Okay okay okay.... you mean to tell me that your husband hurt you? And also that you rad away from this man, only to wind up here at Castle Oakheart?" The satyr asked, his attention fully on the woman who was walking beside him. He exhaled, and tried to center his thoughts. Okay... Yeah, okay, I think I understand now. Don't worry princess, you'll be safe here."

"Yes, that's what happened. But the guards and digs hurt me as a ran, but it's no big deal," Aurora said. But she gave the satyr a weird look. "Why are you so concerned? It's not....like people to be concerned about me."

Athena nodded, and waved as the flurry of snow left.

"I don't know about that...", she was a bit worried as Bee flew around her, but stayed still for the fairy, her enormous wings ruffling a little as she repositioned them into a more comfortable position.

"I only knew her for a day... But she did save my life, and I owe it to her...", she smiled, continuing to stay still for Bee.

@Delacare

"Oh don't be so rigid with me. Unlike the Queen, I've spent plenty of time among mortals; you're an interesting lot." Be ceased her circling and hovered face to face with Athena. "Besides, I know that you know that the Snow Queen wouldn't take time to save just anyone, let alone take charge of their well-being. You are a special butterfly indeed." Bee winked at Athena.

@FrostFire

"I... Uh-Um...", Athena stuttered, not sure what she meant about being rigid. She had been brought up by a tree after all, and Yggdrasil had been her only friend. So she wasn't quite sure how else she should act.

"I-I suppose...", rather than awkwardly standing there, she wandered around the large room, and finally crawled onto the bed, lying on her stomach, considering she couldn't lie on her back.

"Mmm, this is really comfy...", she relaxed, her eyes fluttering a little as she relaxed.

@Delacare

"Why don't you lay down for a bit and rest? There's nothing going on right now, and I'll watch over you." Bee flicked a wrist at the door, to close it and fluttered over to the bed with a smile. "I haven't been here out if season in a while so it wouldn't hurt to get my bearings."

FrostFire FrostFire

"O-okay...", her eyes closed, and she rolled over a little, getting comfortable on her side, she was lying right on the end of one side of the bed, her wings stretched out and taking up the rest of the bed.
She hadn't slept in a bed in what felt like an eternity, and she sighed contently, drifting off to sleep, dreaming about ice castles, Queens and faeries.
Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly

Bee watched Athena sleep for awhile before she decided to go exploring. Fluttering over to the writing desk by one of the room's windows, Bee retrieved a sheet of paper, a quill pen, and an inkwell. Using frigid breeze to dip the pen and write, Bee wrote a short message to Athena.

'Athena,
I'm going exploring around the castle for awhile. If you wake and want to leave the tower, just call for me and I'll be back. If not just take a look around the room. There's a bath and plenty of wardrobes if you feel inclined.
Sweetly, Bellabee.'

Bee nodded at the note and grinned. Drying the note with another breeze as she cleaned the pen, Bee closed the inkwell and laid the pen down beside it. Waving the closest window open, she bid the note to float over to the bed and lay on the nightstand nearest to Athena. She then flew out of the window, closing it behind her, softly.

"Time to take a look around." Bellabee immediately rocketed off towards the castle gardens to frolic amongst the greenery.

FrostFire FrostFire

'Athena,
I'm going exploring around the castle for awhile. If you wake and want to leave the tower, just call for me and I'll be back. If not just take a look around the room. There's a bath and plenty of wardrobes if you feel inclined.
Sweetly, Bellabee.'
After hours had passed, and the day had become night, and then light again, Athena began to stir, her eyes opening just as the sun appeared in the window of the tower. She was surprised at the amount she had managed to sleep, it had been well over 12 hours since she had closed her eyes, although she attributed this to her general lack of sleep usually, and the not exactly comfortable floor didn't help.
She felt refreshed, and she sat up, examining the room again with more interest now than she had before, as she lay on her stomach, her elbows supporting the weight of her torso, her wings lying on the bed either side of her. She had yet to realise that there was a note on the nightstand, as she was still waking up and not completely alert, despite her long sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread