• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝑰 𝑹𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖~ ♚

“You’re acting like you know me better than anyone,” Sorren scoffed once more. He paused before glaring at Weylin with pure hatred. “Maybe eight years wasn’t long enough. You make me sick.”

The Prince then bumped Weylin’s shoulder harshly in a rude manner as he walked past him, exiting from the beautiful castle grounds. He hated all the words Weylin was saying to him. He hated Weylin. This whole conversation surely had ruined his day.

The Prince walked through the castle, trailing off into one of the large Athenaeum rooms. It was peaceful and quiet in there- quiet enough for Sorren to get lost in thought about everything that had unfolded.

Sorren sighed as he paced around the room, running his fingers through his hair as he was distracted by his thoughts. All he could think about was Weylin. It was driving him crazy.

Of course, he should’ve known nothing good was going to come out of an interaction with Sorren. Maybe he should’ve just kept his mouth shut and said nothing. He scrunched up his face with disgust and glared at Sorren as he bumped into hun purposefully and left the castle grounds. Weylin scoffed and took a step back, shaking his head and staring daggers into Sorren as he finally went back into the castle.

This day sucked, everything about it. Weylin was as angry as ever and things were certainly not getting better between the two royal princes. He grumbled something angrily under his breath as he crossed his arms and stayed outside, looking at the pretty castle grounds. His eyes then shifted to the spot where he and Sorren used to play in the leaves as young boys. Those days were very much behind them now….

Sorren wasn’t seen for the rest of the day. He made up a stupid excuse for the servants to repeat to the Queen to explain his sudden absence. Queen Leora wasn’t happy to hear that Sorren left the Gathian Prince and Princess alone, but she couldn’t do much to scowl him about his rudeness. After all, the boy had just returned home, and she feared her strictness would irritate her beloved son.

-

Due to the Prince’s disappearance, the Queen came up with a brilliant idea (or so she thought)! She invited the entire Royal Gathian family for dinner in a few nights; which, of course, was accepted.

Sorren was dreading the fact that he’d have to see Weylin and his annoying sister again. The Princess was nice but she was just so touchy and clingy. She was like a rat, desperate for a scrap of food. Sorren was used to people who were desperate to please him- heck, any royal usually was! However, having a young maiden laugh a little too hard at his jokes was getting a bit old.

As the Gathian Family was expected to arrive at any moment, the entire dining hall was lit up, set ablaze to ignite the exciting atmosphere for the Kingdom. It was rare that this dining hall was used. With Sorren being gone, most meals were eaten in solitude for both the King and Queen. Sorren’s Father rarely had any free time, and when he did, he didn’t spend it with his wife. As for Sorren’s Mother, she always was asleep early, claiming that it’d help with her wrinkles since a witch rumored it. Though, with the family being united once more, there wasn’t a better time to have guests! Sorren just wished his guests would be more pleasant.

-

The Queen greeted her guests and led them to the Dining Hall where a large, crafted stone table laid. Each chair, which matched the designs on the table, was furnished with the most captivating and eye-catching fabric.

“Come now, please take your seats. Our meals should be here any moment,” Queen Leora said, cordially.

Sorren didn’t dare look his guests in the eye. He didn’t want to.

The Prince was already sitting down at the table, waiting for the others to take their seat. The King was not able to join them tonight (shocker) so the head chair was vacant. Though, it was well known that THAT place was only reserved for the King.

It didn’t take long before the meal did arrive, smelling delicious. Different eccentric and fun-looking meals came out one by one, decorating the table even more as the Royals had an opportunity to feast.

Cecilia had the opportunity to sit next to Sorren but she took the safer route and sat next to her Mother, the Queen. It was the most lady-like thing to do.

Her eyes were drawn to each platter that was brought out. She was tempted, of course, but knew she had to restrict her choices to things only Princesses ate. How boring... However, she was excited to see Sorren again!

Weylin did not see Sorren again for the rest of the day, which was good news for him. He couldn’t stand the Kezzainian prince. Eventually the Gathian royal family went home back to Gathia, and Weylin remained silent, saying not a word. Unfortunately for him, he’d be back to the Kezzainian palace in just a few more days. His mother Queen Cynthia had immediately accepted an offer to dine with the Kezzainian royal family at the Kezzainian palace. Weylin was absolutely dreading the night he’d have to return to see Sorren.

The whole Gathian royal family was invited. Of course, as per usual, the king of Gathia was “busy” and would not be able to make it to dinner with the rest of his family. That left Queen Cynthia with Princess Cecilia and Prince Weylin. Weylin was dressed very handsomely for the dinner tonight but he looked miserable. He seemed to wear a permanent scowl as he sat in the carriage and looked outside as his mother and sister made light chatter on the way to the castle.

When the Gathian family had eventually arrived, they all stepped out of the carriage and were greeted most welcomed by Queen Leora. Of course Queen Cynthia smiled, more than happy to see her good friend, very grateful for the invitation she had received for tonight. Weylin remained silent as his mother and the Kezzainian queen embraced. His face remained stoic, a contrast to his sister’s face who looked a bit excited if anything to be here.

Weylin didn’t dare look at Sorren as the Gathian royal family was guided to sit down at the fancy table. Queen Cynthia took her seat, and Princess Cecilia followed, being lady-like and sitting next to her mother. Weylin remained standing though for a moment and his mother took notice. “Weylin darling, why don’t you sit next to Prince Sorren!” Cynthia suggested with a smile, none the wiser to the hateful relationship between the two princes.

Weylin clenched his teeth angrily momentarily and then with a deep breath, put on a fake smile for his mom. “Yes mother,” he muttered as he begrudgingly walked over to the seat next to Sorren and sat down next to the Kezzainian prince. Weylin said nothing, refusing to make eye contact with Sorren. When the food did eventually arrive, it looked delicious as ever. But Weylin felt a pit at the bottom of his stomach. He didn’t have much of an appetite tonight and wasn’t very hungry. He was miserable and did not want to be here tonight.

Sorren felt enticed to look at the Gathian Prince as he sat next to him. He was probably miserable being here. Heck, he had already told Sorren that hours ago when they had fought. Why did they have to fight? What were they even fighting about? Sorren felt confused and hurt; but, he knew he couldn't show that side of himself to the same person who was causing his worries.

The Prince glanced down at the plate of food that was served. It was exquisite- being compiled of the finest things in the land for their special guests. Sorren wasn't hungry. He didn't want to be here any longer than he had to. His eyes searched the room, of course, avoiding where Weylin was, but his eyes glanced around. He tried to quickly think of an excuse, causing him to leave this sickening dinner early. Maybe he could-
A voice pierced through the calming silence, filled with the warm aroma of the flickering dinner candles that lightened the room.

"Sorren, what's troubling you, my love?" Sorren's mother, the Queen, asked.

It was her way to discreetly comment on the Prince's unfriendly gestures. He certainly wasn't acting like a good host- or a good prince.

"Nothing," he replied as he kept his gaze down, not wanting to meet her eyes. An idea flashed before him. "Well, actually, I've just been worried about my studies. They haven't been treating me well."

The Queen's eyebrows raised in concern as she looked at her son, somewhat surprised by his response.

"Oh my, why that doesn't sound good at all," she said, thoughtfully as she dabbed her lips with a napkin, daintily.

Leora's eyes traveled across the room as she glanced at Prince Weylin.

"Ah, Weylin-- your Mother is always telling me about your exquisite love for knowledge! Would you be interested in helping our dear Sorren?" she smiled as she locked eyes with the Prince, hopeful that he'd say yes.

Sorren held back the urge to roll his eyes. Of course Weylin had a love for knowledge! He was a dork- the type of person who was made only to memorize and recite boring things! He practically kissed the royal shoes of Gathia. Weylin was wasting his life away being someone who he knew he could never fully be! Or maybe, that's what Sorren believed. Being the Prince of a successful yet grim kingdom left him with such a hollow feeling. He wanted more than the life he was given. He didn't want to be a royal and yet he so perfectly fit the mold of being a witty yet entitled young man.

Weylin picked at his food as he didn’t dare to let his gaze fall upon the Kezzainian prince. The Gathian prince finally began working on his food, eating it to be polite. As he was taking a drink of water from a glass to wash the food all down, his eyes suddenly widened as soon as he swallowed, hearing the queen of Kezzain address him. He instantly choked, beginning to cough as some of the water went down the wrong pipe. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard! Him, help Sorren of all people with his studies? The idea seemed preposterous!

Once Weylin’s coughing fit was over, his mother frowned and looked over at him. “Weylin my dear, are you alright darling?” Queen Cynthia asked. With another cough or too, Weylin cleared his throat and recomposed himself. “I- I’m fine mother, thank you.” he insisted. “Well, what do you think darling? Wouldn’t you like to assist your friend here with his studies? I’m sure Sorren would greatly appreciate it,” said Cynthia with a smile. Weylin’s eyes widened as his heart leapt.

Obviously, he couldn’t say no. That would be extremely rude. Plus, his mother’s urging smile seemed like he didn’t really have a choice in the matter. He had to say yes. Hiding the fact that every fiber of his being didn’t want to help Prince Sorren in any way, Weylin cracked a very fake but convincing smile. “Why of course, Queen Leona,” replied Weylin politely. “I would love to help tutor Sorren,” he said, sucking up to his mother and doing as she wished. He was the Gathian royal after all, and anything that the prince of Gathia had to do was a duty he was willing to follow through with.

Sorren finally gazed at the (quite clumsy) Prince. It seemed he had drunk his water the wrong way and was now choking softly.

“Thank goodness I’m not failing my proper etiquette class..” Sorren muttered, coherently for Weylin to hear.

He shot him a sharp gaze, discreetly. He didn’t need a tutor! It was embarrassing enough that his Mother was asking for help.

“Ah, splendid! You’re an angel, Weylin,” the Queen said as she clasped her hands together and swooned gracefully.

Sorren gritted his teeth at that comment.

“When would be a good time for you to teach our dear Sorren, hm?” she looked to her son, discreetly asking him for a time to invite Weylin over.

“Uhh.. I’ll be free in about two weeks. I have a busy schedule during this time of year,” Sorren said. That was a lie. He was rarely busy.

The queen shook her head.

“No, no. That’s not suitable whatsoever,” she said, softly yet in a formidable voice.

“Weylin, dear. Would you mind coming tomorrow? We can’t let Sorren slip up on his studies. He’s stubborn as ever, just like his father!” she giggled softly as she swatted the air with her hand.

Weylin had heard the quiet remark Sorren had muttered. He then glowered over at Sorren and shot him daggers with his two eyes. He would’ve came back with something but he didn’t want to make a scene. No, he was going to be the better man here. He then wiped the angry look off his face and forced another smile for Queen Leora as she told him what an angel he was. Queen Cynthia smiled proudly, clearly happy with her son.

“Thank you, Queen Leora,” responded Weylin softly and respectfully with a little bow of his head. “That’s my Weylin! Always willing to help,” said Cynthia with a big grin. She was definitely very proud to be Weylin’s mother. Weylin cleared his throat gently and shifted his weight in his seat slightly as the Kezzainian queen asked her son what time would be the best for him to come over and help.

Weylin briefly glanced over at Sorren. He just bit his lip and held his tongue. He could totally tell that Sorren was lying. The Kezzainian Prince most certainly just didn’t want to be anywhere near him- and that was fine by Weylin because the feeling was more than mutual. Of course, this answer would not fly for the beautiful queen of Kezzain.

He then looked over at the queen and raised his eyebrows slightly, a bit surprised to learn that he’d be starting his tutoring so soon- tomorrow! Giving a quick glance over to his mother, who was smiling and practically non-verbally urging him on to accept, Weylin looked back at Leora and nodded, obliging. “Of course, ma’am. It would be my utmost pleasure,” he lied, convincingly so though. The only one who could see through that lie was Sorren.

“Then let it be so! We’ll see you tomorrow, bright and early!” the Queen said with an adoring smile.

Sorren suppressed his groans of frustration. The Gathian Prince was seeping into every moment of his days it seemed.

-

Sorren woke up in the morning with a sour mood. His day would most likely be ruined from being forced to dwell in the presence of someone who hated his guts. He tried to be positive, really-! But, it seemed like Weylin wouldn’t shed a grin in his direction.

Sorren sat in his study room, filled with books and high ceilings. The windows were clean as ever and highlighted the room with beautiful sunshine. The atmosphere was airy and relaxing. The whole setting was practically like a breath of fresh air. The only thing that could ruin the wonderful peace was the arrival of the Gathian Prince.

“Of course!” Weylin said, feigning happiness, “I very much look forward to it!” he lied through his teeth as he put on a fabricated grin. In reality, that couldn’t be more further from the truth. He was absolutely dreading and NOT looking forward to seeing the Kezzainian prince once again tomorrow.

-

Weylin awoke that morning in the most unpleasant of moods. He was beginning to regret accepting Queen Leora’s offer to tutor her son. Maybe he should’ve just politely declined last night. Sure it’d get him in a lot of hot water with his mother and possibly Queen Leora, but at least he wouldn’t have to see that bratty Prince Sorren again.

The Gathian prince sighed and rolled his eyes as he sat miserably on his private carriage ride to the Kezzainian palace in the Kingdom of Kezzain. He was willing to bet Sorren wouldn’t even listen to him since he felt he was superior because he was one year older than him. Surely this was going to be useless- like trying to talk to a brick wall.

Eventually, Weylin’s carriage did arrive at the gates of the Kezzainian castle and Weylin had to make himself presentable. He couldn’t look miserable, especially if Queen Leora was going to be the one to greet him. He simply put on his diplomatic look and exited the carriage.

Unknowingly, the Queen was quite busy in the morning. She was hosting a ladies' brunch out in the garden and didn’t have the time of day to meet the Gathian Prince. She ordered her son to meet his friend upon his arrival. Of course, Sorren disobeyed her. He made one of the measly servants greet the Prince. Sorren could have cared less.

Weylin was then guided through the familiar castle to Sorren’s study, where the young Prince was soaking in the sunlight, captivated by the new arrival of a few aquatic books.

Weylin immediately noticed he wasn’t greeted by the queen or any sort of royalty- certainly not by Sorren himself. But he went along with the Kezzainian servant who guided him into the castle and all the way to Prince Sorren’s study.

Once they had arrived, Weylin gently thanked the Kezzainian servant and whisked him away. The Gathian prince took a deep breath before knocking on the door to Sorren’s study.

Sorren’s shoulders sank as he heard a knock on his studies door. That was probably the Gathian Prince. The boy who knew how to get on his nerves. He sighed softly as he glanced at the door. The Prince was used to being surrounded by servants but now he found himself in a peaceful, empty room. He pushed up from his desk and walked over to the door, opening it up, not all the way, but enough to see who was knocking.

As he had guessed, it was Prince Weylin.

His eyes pierced the other’s as he glanced at the practical stranger in front of him— no longer someone whom he knew well enough to call his friend.

The rascal in Sorren felt so tempted to shut the door in his face. The thought almost made him smile. It did make him smile- of course, he wasn’t smiling because of the sight of Weylin, but of the mere idea of being rude to him.

Instead of slamming the door, Sorren backed away from the now open door. He didn’t say anything, lingering in the uncomfortable tension and silence.

The Prince sighed once more before turning back again to see his visitor.

“Are you good with teaching quartfelio?” Sorren asked, breaking the silence.

Quartfelio was an ancient language of mathematics- the hardest to learn. It wasn’t a simple task to tutor someone on the subject.

Weylin waited for Sorren or someone in his study to answer the door. He highly doubted though that anyone other than Sorren would be in there to get the door. Sure enough, eventually Sorren did get up and answer the door, opening it for Weylin and allowing him to step inside. He simply nodded as he entered Sorren’s study. The mood was awkward and tense to say the least.

Weylin closed the door behind him, and answered Sorren’s question. It appeared the other prince wanted to get right down to business. That was fine by Weylin. “Quartfelio, eh? Yes, I’m sure I can help you with that. I was always pretty good with that,” shrugged the Gathian prince.

Of course, Weylin couldn’t go too long without having some sort of witty or snippy remark to Sorren. “I see you had one of your silly servants fetch me, hm? I thought you weren’t a big fan of that…” he commented, smirking, hoping to get under Sorren’s skin a little bit.

Sorren held back a scoff as Weylin acted as if Quartfelio was just some simple subject! It took years to master- let alone understand! The subject was of a high standard and the ones who had mastered it were viewed as omniscient!

Part of the Prince was somewhat glad that Weylin was speaking to him, but he didn’t want to admit it. Of course, if Weylin was speaking to him, it wasn’t a good thing. He was being rude as ever!

Sorren grinned in a cocky manner. He folded his arms and fixated on the annoying Prince in front of him.

“Thinking of me, ay? How kind of you,” he said, with a smirk. “And I thought you weren’t fond of undermining servants. That servant has been working for the Kingdom since the moment they turn 10. That’s not what I’d call a silly servant..”

Sorren walked over to his desk and collected a few papers in his hands, freeing the space up a bit.

“But then again what do you know about me? I’m just some stupid Kezzainian Prince who needs help, right?” he said, with a smile as he glanced back at the Prince.

Truthfully, Weylin had struggled a bit with Quartfelio in his youth, but of course he wouldn’t admit that to Sorren. He had shrugged it off so casually to make himself seem a bit smarter than he already was. Even so, he still wasn’t by any means a master of Quartfelio.

Weylin raised an eyebrow as he saw the Kezzainian prince react in an unusual way to his little snippy words. Sorren was smirking now. What he had to say secret irritated Weylin to the core, but he knew he couldn’t let the brat get to him.

It was true, Weylin wasn’t too fond of brushing off servants as some silly useless little people, but he had seen Sorren do it before. Weylin was always taught to respect his servants from a young age. Even though they were there to do his every biding, they still deserved respect, his mother would remind him in his youth.

Weylin just furrowed his brows and glared at Sorren. “Don’t flatter yourself,” spat Weylin bitterly, “I don’t think of you. I’ve got more important things to think of. Some of us have a kingdom to inherit one day,” he said, turning his nose up with a sense of superiority.

Weylin just grunted and rolled his eyes as he took a step forward. “Whatever,” he muttered, “Let’s just get this started, shall we?” he proposed. “The faster I help you with your studying, the quicker I can get out of here and the sooner you and me both don’t have to see each other any longer.” he said.

“Yes, by all means, let’s start the lesson before you bore me with your whole kingdom legacy spiel,” Sorren muttered, coherently.

The Prince collected the rest of his papers, cleaning the desk to be perfectly clutter-free.

“Alright, I need help with the Quartfelio Theory pertaining to the Huert method,” he said, in a more serious tone.

-

Time passed by and the two began discussing the Quartfelio Subject. Sorren learned a few things, even if he didn’t want to admit it. Weylin wasn’t half bad of a teacher.

However, there was another method that Sorren didn’t understand.

The Prince sat at his desk as he leaned his forehead on his closed fist with his elbow improperly leaning on the table. He sighed a defeated sigh. This Method was bringing him down.

“It just doesn’t make sense... I can’t wrap my brain around these formulas..” he muttered, in a soft and raspy voice.

His eyes seemed to be a bit tired, filled to the brim with sorrow. Sorren usually was never defeated easily. Maybe he was just exhausted from his other duties as Prince.

Weylin simply ignored Sorren’s comment about his whole kingdom legacy thing. The Gathian prince sighed as he pulled up a chair next to Sorren at his desk and prepared to help teach the Kezzainian prince the theories the best he could. “Let’s begin,” said Weylin softly as he began to go into the Huert method.

-

Hours passed and the two boys had actually made some pretty good progress. Weylin wasn’t a bad teacher by any means either. The studious prince had always paid the utmost attention to his studies and lectures in class. Eventually though they seemed to hit a theory that Sorren particularly struggled with.

They were a bit stuck and it was hard to make progress because Weylin was beginning to notice that Sorren’s attention to his teachings was fading. Understanding that the theory was difficult but also wanting to keep the Kezzainian prince’s attention, Weylin looked directly into Sorren’s eyes.

“Hey, Sorren,” he said rather firmly, “I need you to pay closer attention,” he reminded him softly. “We’ll get through this I just need you to stop wandering off elsewhere.” Weylin said. The two princes now locked eyes.

Sorren’s thoughts snapped in half as he heard his voice uttered by the Prince. His eyes instantly fell upon Weylin. The Prince stood a bit taller, his attention heightened at the few words that he had just heard.

He stayed quiet for merely just a moment, gazing at the young man in front of him. Sorren hadn’t paid enough attention— he hadn’t really looked at the Gathian Prince since his return— but it seemed that Weylin really did look different. His eyes were familiar, though. And it seemed, in that moment, that it had been a long time since Weylin had seen him— in the way Sorren truly was.

“You haven’t said my name since your Birthday,” Sorren muttered, softly as his gaze slowly fell, hinting at a small twinge of sadness.

He closed his eyes for a mere second before looking at his desk, turning from the other Prince.

There was a ‘we’ now? It sounded so strange to hear that from Weylin.

The Prince then locked eyes with the Gathian Prince once again. This time, he couldn’t help but break out in melodic, hysterical laughter.

His dimples popped out and his eyes wrinkled as he smiled through his laughter.

“Pfft— hahaha! That’s- that’s what Lorenzo used to say to me as a child! Haha, oh I forgot about that promise!” he chuckled.

Weylin stared at Sorren for a moment. Had it really been that long since the Gathian prince had used Sorren’s name? Probably, and that was by design. Any time Weylin’s like avoid saying the name of the Kezzainian prince, he certainly would. He carefully and patiently waited for the Kezzainian prince to compose himself and look at him and to start paying more attention to him.

But the Gathian prince was suddenly caught off guard as when Sorren turned back to look at him and they locked eyes once more, the other prince broke out into a fit of hysterical laughter. Melodic and almost heavenly laughter seemed to fill the room as Sorren couldn’t stop his laughing fit. Weylin just sighed and looked slightly disappointed as the Kezzainian prince just kept laughing.

He stared at the laughing prince for a moment before sighing and getting up out of his seat to cool down for a bit. They had been sitting there and going over the theories for so long, it was about time Weylin got up to stretch his legs. He couldn’t help but notice how attractive Sorren looked while he laughed. His laugh had a certain charm to it. Weylin just walked over to the window and looked outside, taking a moment to regroup.

“You let me know when you’re ready to start listening again and I’ll try and help you,” said Weylin softly as he looked out the window and not at Sorren. Oddly enough, there wasn’t any sort of hint of anger or impatience in his tone of voice. Dare he say, that this time tutoring Sorren was rather pleasant? The two hadn’t been down each other’s throats for the past few hours and had actually made good progress together. It seemed that for a little while, the two princes could get along!

Sorren laughed for a few more seconds. He used his index finger to wipe away the small tears forming in the corner of his eyes. The Prince exhaled, slowly snapping back to reality, ignoring the fact that he was being extremely improper. Maybe he just felt comfortable, carefree almost, in the presence of his old friend.

When he finally composed himself, the Prince realized that his tutor had moved over to the window, taking a break from sitting.

The only thing filling the air (the air that was filled with Sorren’s melodic laughter) was now met with the Prince’s distinct, studious-like voice.

Since his return, Sorren had heard Weylin’s voice — but he didn’t recognize it. Weylin was different…and maybe Sorren was too… but things just weren’t the same.

“Kill the fun before it runs loose,” Sorren mumbled, in a tone that was neither joking nor harsh. It just was.

Sorren wondered what it would look like to see Weylin laugh— not at him, of course. However, he wondered if it’d be pleasant if the dear Prince laughed with him…

The Prince then turned back in his seat, turning his attention to the papers in front of him. He looked at his notes and pondered for a quick moment before he attempted to write his formula out, testing his memory.

He knew most of the variables- almost all of them. The Prince’s quill stood still as he thought hard about the next symbol in the formula. His mind went blank. It seemed that at that part of the lecture, Sorren had been paying more attention to his tutor and his appearance rather than his teachings.

Weylin couldn’t help but be reminded of their childhood as he heard the laughter of his old friend. Did he perhaps miss the old times? Maybe he did. Weylin couldn’t think of the last time he had heard the melodic laughter of his former best friend. Now that he thought of it, he couldn’t think of the last time that he had laughed or giggled in the presence of Sorren. Maybe he did miss giggling and running around the castle, playing with Sorren in their youth. Maybe he did miss laughing with the prince in their young age.

The Gathian prince continued to stare out of the window as Sorren’s laughing fit calmed down and came to an end. If only they could’ve shared a laugh with each other like they used to all the time so long ago. Weylin looked out the window for some time before turning around to a now quiet Sorren. He noticed Sorren seeming stuck as he stared down at his paper and held his quill in hand.

Clearly Sorren was having some difficulty with whatever he was trying to write. Weylin then slowly approached the sitting Kezzainian prince from behind and peered over his shoulder. It appeared that Sorren was attempting to write out one of the formulas they had gone over but was struggling. He sighed softly and slowly moved in closer to Sorren. He guided his hand to Sorren’s writing arm and gently guided Sorren’s hand.

“Here,” said Weylin quietly with patience and and a special tenderness. “It’s written like this,” said Weylin gently as he carefully guided Sorren’s hand and helped him write the formula.

Sorren fixated on the page in front of him. However, it seemed that his focus was broken as someone leaned over him. Of course, it was Weylin, hovering behind him, leaning over to guide his hand. The Prince’s voice was so sweet. He sounded more like a compassionate, special person in his life rather than his teacher- or his past friend.

Sorren felt the Prince’s warm hand cover his own, guiding him to the answer he sought to find. The warmth that radiated from Weylin was so soothing. Sorren had always hated how cold the kingdom could be. It made him cold, which reminded him of the sad and miserable parts of life. Trellasees was cold. The whole land was distant and fierce yet lonely with melancholy.

His face burned, being filled with a. sense of warmth. Sorren’s eyes squinted softly as he tried to keep his focus on the page. However, the Prince couldn’t help but turn his face to see how close Weylin’s face was to his own. Almost a bit too close...

“Uhm..” his voice broke through the silence. His eyes fluttered as he fixated silently on the handsome prince that was next to him.

“Right..that’s the formula. I forgot..” he whispered, locking eyes with the Prince.

He stayed quiet for a moment but looked down at his paper. Sorren’s hair leaned into his eyes for a moment but he smoothly pushed his hair back.

“Should we.. get some fresh air?” he asked with a soft yet raspy voice. Maybe some fresh air would do them good. Plus, the gardens were probably beautiful at this time of day.

Weylin focused on compassionately and tenderly guiding Sorren’s hand as he helped him write the formula. As he gently guided Sorren’s hand, they finished writing the formula correctly. The two princes then locked eyes, their faces just inches close to each other. Weylin simply nodded his head slowly as Sorren locked eyes with him and acknowledged their completion of the formula.

They seemed to stay locking eyes for a little while before Sorren finally broke the silence and tension by suggesting the two princes go outside for a breath of fresh air. “Erm, y- yea… that sounds nice,” replied Weylin softly as he nodded his head and stepped back from Sorren, giving him some space.

Sorren then nodded his head and stood up from his seat. He discreetly straightened out his clothes, ensuring that he didn’t look messy in any sort. He did care about his appearance, after all, and something told him he needed to look good in front of Weylin as well.

“We can go to one of the outdoor gardens. My Mother is occupying the solarium with her guests,” Sorren said softly as he tried to recall where they could go. Kezzain wasn’t joking around when made their castle. The place was huge!

-

Sorren guided his old friend through the luxurious halls. He didn’t stray far ahead, though. Instead, the Prince walked next to the other Prince as they shared the soothing silence that filled the empty, lonely halls.

The Gardens outside were much more comforting, filled with so many flowers and plants, each with their design, shape, and color. It was magical. The aroma of flower petals filled the air as the sweet scent wafted around by the wind.

“It’s windy today,” he said, stupidly. Sorren cringed eternally. He didn’t have much to say to Weylin. He wanted to say something to him— but really— the weather? How boring could he get?

The breeze was quite relaxing. The sound of the leaves clapping together filled the atmosphere with a divine form of nature. It seemed like this was a small part of the world which contained pure beauty and ethereal views. It was ironic that Sorren was sharing such a beautiful place with the person who seemed to hate him the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back