• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hyrule Hunters (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The kokiri didn’t hesitate to take Dragon’s hand, in fact she more than happy to and as she did, she took extra care to inspect his hands as her brows furrowed and her eyes glistened with wonder before she spoke up meeting the man’s gaze as she spoke candidly. “Dragon eh? A strong name for one who is especially strong himself. I got to ask, though, is the crazy blue flames you omit from your hands a thing from wherever you come from? Or is it something you learned from your travels?” She lets that question hang in the air and gives Dragon a second to ponder it himself as she places a hand upon her chest before speaking proudly as she introduces herself.

“You may call me Rola or the great and powerful Rola depending on who you’re talking to! Oh! And my fairy friend who had almost got stolen away from me is called Kira! She’s sorta shy around new folks, but overall she can be downright adorable!” And almost as if she had heard Rola speak of her, Kira suddenly zips out of Rola’s sleeve, buzzing around the two before she chirps to speak up. “R-Rola can be a handful at times, but s-she’s really nice… and she saved me from that mean old thief!” she pauses a moment before giving a gasp, buzzing toward Dragon before giving an apologetic glow. “O-oh! And you were quite brave yourself, Dragon! I thank you too for being there to help me.” The golden fairy touches the tip of Dragon’s nose which feels slightly tingly, perhaps that’s just how fairies feel? But in either case, Kira would quickly scurry back into Rola’s person, which triggers a small laugh from Rola before she speaks up, looking toward the various pieces of gear strewn about. “So what are your thoughts on the haul there? You find anything you might want to use?”

She squats down toward the ground to inspect some of the contents, making sure not to touch anything more so out of respect as it's not technically hers. But her eyes do tend to wander over a few of the items, more so the bow and the long sword to be specific.

In case, another investigation check is in order: d20 = 16 + 1 = 17
He was still flattered by her compliments, evident by another back-of-the-head scratch and the Hylian's gaze being averted form the person who he was talkin' to. He wasn't about to start boasting, but he did give out another "Thank you" in kind. It's the best response to a compliment if you ask him. Once that question about the blue flame came 'round, Dragon's thought process seemed to pause. A lot of him wanted to get into the nitty gritty of it all.. but he didn't have a real and proper clue as to how he'd put it into words without sounding crazy. "Naah, the only "thing" that I've retained from my hometown is learning how to catch a fish. I picked up that neat trick.. today, actually! I'm still gettin' used to it."

While Rola spoke, all Dragon did was make his way back to the camp, for the sake of grasping the goodies that were left behind. The Hylian squatted down and opened up the thief's bag and laid out the weapons that he carried in there onto the ground. He was still very much paying attention though. The process of dumping out Misko's things only took but a moment, so Rola and Kira has his full attention by the time Misko's loot was on the ground. To be honest, there was no hiding the amazement in the Hylian's eyes. He's looking at living fairy-tales! Tall tales that apparently turned out to be facts! He was tempted to just straight up ask if the two of them were real, but that seemed a little rude. When Kira booped his nose, Dragon chuckled for a short moment entirely because of the fact that he felt a 'lil tingly. "Happy to help, and it's nice to meet you both! Again, really grateful for your kindness, that guy probably would've gotten away with his loot-napping if it wasn't for you two!"

When asked about what he might want from the haul, Dragon placed his fists on his hips and then tilted his head. He seemed to be at odds. Most of these weapons are way different than what he's used to. Normally, he'd be just fine with leaving these things behind since they don't fit his typical weapon criteria (that being small-is or his fists.). However, after holding a hand over his wounds for a moment.. he realized that it might be time to up the anti a little more. After all, this was the first time a group of monsters did this much damage to his person. The bottom line is, things aren't going to get easier from here on out. So.. he'll replace his shortswords with the larger ones, assuming that they would hit harder. So, with one in each hand, he picked up two of the four longswords.

"These will do nicely. Other than that, I don't think I'll need anything else. Well, aside from new sheathes for these things, of course-"
He just then then noticed how Rola wasn't grabbing anything, which caused him to raise a 'brow.

"You can take whatever you want y'know. I mean, you deserve it as much as I do after all!"
Yes, yes, go wild.​

Just as Rola had the chance to pick her own loot, she realized that there were still goods in one of the carts. A pile of things which the Bokoblins had yet to sort through sort of trailed out of a rip in the tent. It seemed to be mostly clothes and household supplies. (pots and pans and the like) Taking a moment to wander to it as the two new comrades spoke, she sifted through it all. Just when Rola thought she would be disappointed, a bit of red plumage caught her eye.

There was a strange recurve bow sitting amongst the contents of the cart. It had tufts of red fur attached throughout it's body. It also seemed somewhat lighter than the Soldier's Bow by design. Also, along the string there seemed to be two notches meant to hold arrows when firing. If Rola's guess was correct, this bow was designed specifically to fire two arrows at once. But by who, and from where???

T Taleek

As Garvii did his scavenging he saw more signs of spying. Not necessarily straightforward ones, or frequently, but they were there. Patches of grass which looked tread-upon. Sticks broken unnaturally, and claw-marks in the dirt too large to be a wolf. It seemed as though the scouts were smart enough not to send too many at once, but rather the same two or three every few trips. Garvii's intuition told him it was more likely two, as three enemies greatly increased the chances of being spotted by someone in the camp.

Then something TRULY caught Garvii's eye which was not a simple monster infestation. A mark, on a tree to the eastern end of the camp. It was nestled behind some shrubbery, and truly Garvii would have missed it had he not been looking for food. In the bark of the tree, close to the ground, was a symbol cut by a knife. It was a rough circle, faced away from the camp. It was unmistakably deliberate, but not meant to be interpreted by anyone but the maker. Still, Garvii tried his best and looked around him to suss out it's meaning. He noticed that the marker, if followed through the tree, essentially pointed directly towards a family-tent behind the Big-top. Seeing as it was close to the stable-lodge, it probably belonged to the family directly in charge of the Stable's upkeep and ledger-maintenance.

Finally after another few paces, Garvii found what he was looking for. Two Hylian Shrooms looking quite delectable to a hungry Rito. His little exploration had also placed him very near to the strange colorful tent, from the top of which a strangle purple smoke arose. It twisted and danced in ways which denoted supernatural essence to Garvii. He was sure of it now that he was so close.

Garvii packed up his collected materials and took note of his scouting discoveries in a small leather-bound journal he kept on his person.

I must report this to any warriors amongst the horse folk. I'll have to investigate the tent the tree pointed to and have them allocate resources to fortify the perimeter. I'll...I'll...

Garvii's obsessive, survivalist thoughts were cut short.

Before him loomed the mysterious purple smoke dancing and emanating from a colorful tent. Garvii had driven himself mad in the past listening for signs and whispers from a greater power but usually heard only silence. But here ... this tent. This tent was not silent. It beckoned to him with an unknown power. He'd have spent more time amongst regular folk had he known they possessed anything of this caliber. He felt a tension in his gut pulling between the danger mounting around this outpost and his own self interest. He muddled it over perplexed but ultimately let his priorities shift. He would find it unfavorable to have monsters or an outside threat storm into this camp but at the end of the day, he was on his own spiritual path and that took precedence. He must make progress if he was to return home to Pella and his family. He would venture inside this mystery, still holding mistrust toward something so ostentatious and outwardly expressive.

He broke his inertia and dipped his head under the top of the front flap.

"Make yourself known, strange one. I am Garvii, wanderer of Tabantha and the world beyond."

Garvii: The Fortune Teller's Tent

No sooner had one new acquaintance left her sight that another one entered. Matilda blinked at the large shadow which darkened her tent-flaps, but rocked in her chair calmly from the other side of the table.

"Please, rest your legs warrior," Matilda chuckled, motioning to the stool where Oro previously sat, "I have heard Rito do not have doors on their houses. Is that why you do not announce yourself before entering?" The old woman quickly gathered up her previous spread of tarot cards and began shuffling them. Garvii did not catch what cards were previously laid out as he entered.

Wernburger Wernburger

He was still flattered by her compliments, evident by another back-of-the-head scratch and the Hylian's gaze being averted form the person who he was talkin' to. He wasn't about to start boasting, but he did give out another "Thank you" in kind. It's the best response to a compliment if you ask him. Once that question about the blue flame came 'round, Dragon's thought process seemed to pause. A lot of him wanted to get into the nitty gritty of it all.. but he didn't have a real and proper clue as to how he'd put it into words without sounding crazy. "Naah, the only "thing" that I've retained from my hometown is learning how to catch a fish. I picked up that neat trick.. today, actually! I'm still gettin' used to it."

While Rola spoke, all Dragon did was make his way back to the camp, for the sake of grasping the goodies that were left behind. The Hylian squatted down and opened up the thief's bag and laid out the weapons that he carried in there onto the ground. He was still very much paying attention though. The process of dumping out Misko's things only took but a moment, so Rola and Kira has his full attention by the time Misko's loot was on the ground. To be honest, there was no hiding the amazement in the Hylian's eyes. He's looking at living fairy-tales! Tall tales that apparently turned out to be facts! He was tempted to just straight up ask if the two of them were real, but that seemed a little rude. When Kira booped his nose, Dragon chuckled for a short moment entirely because of the fact that he felt a 'lil tingly. "Happy to help, and it's nice to meet you both! Again, really grateful for your kindness, that guy probably would've gotten away with his loot-napping if it wasn't for you two!"

When asked about what he might want from the haul, Dragon placed his fists on his hips and then tilted his head. He seemed to be at odds. Most of these weapons are way different than what he's used to. Normally, he'd be just fine with leaving these things behind since they don't fit his typical weapon criteria (that being small-is or his fists.). However, after holding a hand over his wounds for a moment.. he realized that it might be time to up the anti a little more. After all, this was the first time a group of monsters did this much damage to his person. The bottom line is, things aren't going to get easier from here on out. So.. he'll replace his shortswords with the larger ones, assuming that they would hit harder. So, with one in each hand, he picked up two of the four longswords.

"These will do nicely. Other than that, I don't think I'll need anything else. Well, aside from new sheathes for these things, of course-"
He just then then noticed how Rola wasn't grabbing anything, which caused him to raise a 'brow.

"You can take whatever you want y'know. I mean, you deserve it as much as I do after all!"
Yes, yes, go wild.​
Rola looked in wonder toward the Hylian as he mentioned his recently learned ability. It had dawned upon her that Dragon wasn’t your average Hylian especially if he was utilizing crazy blue flames like he was in battle. She would give a polite nod to his explanation before speaking up in response. “Well, you certainly have a knack for using it in battle! I’m certain wherever or whoever you learned it from, it was certainly left in good and capable hands!” She nodded to herself before continuing to listen to the Hylian’s until lips formed into a bright smile when Dragon mentioned that she was free to have her pick of the loot that was strewn about here and there. Rola quite quick to accept the invitation to have her share of the loot gives a quick “Thanks!” before happily picking up a longsword herself and finding a suitable sheathe to put away at her hip. She would hum a catchy tune to herself as she scrounged about looking for some more fun bits and bobs laying about in the land

As she searched about and looked at the various pots and pans and pieces of clothing, which was met with a resounding “Bleh!” As she tossed various pieces of clothing behind her, she would spot the pretty looking recurve bow within, which caught Rola’s attention especially. Rola would make some giddy little noises when she identified what the bow was capable of doing, and she’d promptly chuck the soldier's bow aside and quickly equip the recurve bow. She was curious on who could’ve made such a spectacular bow, but those thoughts quickly surface and then get replaced by the thought of practicing a couple of shots herself, so she attempted to find herself a quiver of arrows to accompany her new pretty bow. As she walked out to search about, she’d present her find to Dragon and speak in an excited tone, saying, “Hey, check out what I just found! Help me find some arrows, I think this thing is capable of firing two at once!” She gave a giggle and began quickly scrounging the grounds for a quiver with a suitable amount of arrows.

As she does this, she takes the moment of searching to bring up a bit of small talk with some questions toward Dragon. “So Dragon, I sense you’re a good-natured sort, how long have you been traveling? And why do you travel and explore?” She figured she might as well interview her potential ally and friend, so she could get a good grasp on whom this Dragon character was really. It pays to know who you’re dealing with at all times… at least that’s what some folks say.

(Investigation: d20 = 14 + 1 = 15)

Last edited:
Rola looked in wonder toward the Hylian as he mentioned his recently learned ability. It had dawned upon her that Dragon wasn’t your average Hylian especially if he was utilizing crazy blue flames like he was in battle. She would give a polite nod to his explanation before speaking up in response. “Well, you certainly have a knack for using it in battle! I’m certain wherever or whoever you learned it from, it was certainly left in good and capable hands!” She nodded to herself before continuing to listen to the Hylian’s until lips formed into a bright smile when Dragon mentioned that she was free to have her pick of the loot that was strewn about here and there. Rola quite quick to accept the invitation to have her share of the loot gives a quick “Thanks!” before happily picking up a longsword herself and finding a suitable sheathe to put away at her hip. She would hum a catchy tune to herself as she scrounged about looking for some more fun bits and bobs laying about in the land

As she searched about and looked at the various pots and pans and pieces of clothing, which was met with a resounding “Bleh!” As she tossed various pieces of clothing behind her, she would spot the pretty looking recurve bow within, which caught Rola’s attention especially. Rola would make some giddy little noises when she identified what the bow was capable of doing, and she’d promptly chuck the soldier's bow aside and quickly equip the recurve bow. She was curious on who could’ve made such a spectacular bow, but those thoughts quickly surface and then get replaced by the thought of practicing a couple of shots herself, so she attempted to find herself a quiver of arrows to accompany her new pretty bow. As she walked out to search about, she’d present her find to Dragon and speak in an excited tone, saying, “Hey, check out what I just found! Help me find some arrows, I think this thing is capable of firing two at once!” She gave a giggle and began quickly scrounging the grounds for a quiver with a suitable amount of arrows.

As she does this, she takes the moment of searching to bring up a bit of small talk with some questions toward Dragon. “So Dragon, I sense you’re a good-natured sort, how long have you been traveling? And why do you travel and explore?” She figured she might as well interview her potential ally and friend, so she could get a good grasp on whom this Dragon character was really. It pays to know who you’re dealing with at all times… at least that’s what some folks say.

(Investigation: d20 = 14 + 1 = 15)
While Rola was lookin' around and finding that cool recurve bow, Dragon was just.. playing around with his new weapons. He swung them, as if he were fighting, just so he could try and get used to the weight of the blades. Once he did that, he tossed the blades upwards a few times. Once, twice, a third time. Each toss higher than the last. Again, he was just trying to figure it out. Then.. he started getting a little more out there with his test swings. He was leaping in the air, standing on one foot, just movements that he deemed to be a little more fun and dynamic. Or just plain silly. Like trying to balance one of the blades on his foot, for example.
Yeah, he's doing that at the moment. Standing on his right foot, with his left leg raised, and the grip of the blade placed ontop of his left foot. He was wobbling over and over again, because he was trying to keep the blade from falling to the ground. He started to get it steady after a little while up until..

A "hey" was heard, which caused him to turn his head in an instant. His focus was averted towards Rola, and not balancing the longsword, so it fell right onto the ground. Clattering there, which made Dragon mutter an "aw shoot." when he heard it fall. There was no crying over fallen swords though, there's a cool bow that has been found! "Oh, that sounds pretty cool! I will, infact, come on over 'n help out." He stated, with some genuine excitement being easy to detect in his voice. He'd like to see it in action, so he's happy to help look for some arrows. So yes, he too started scouring for said arrows.

When he was addressed, Dragon perked up, being momentarily distracted from his searching. "Oh wow, hittin' me with the big ones right out the gate, huh? Well.. I've been out and about for at least two months, I've lost track of the days a few times so it's probably been longer than that." Dragon resumed with his search after saying this, but he sure didn't stop talking. "Well, I've got a couple reasons. One being improving my combat abilities. I wanna see how much I can do, how far my body can take me, what kinds of opponents I may one day defeat. Took a while to realize it, but It'd take centuries to make any progress way back at my home village, so I left in order to challenge myself a bit more. Speaking of, I actually haven't gone too far away from my home 'till now. I've read so much about the world beyond the mountains, so I guess you could say I'm also on one big 'ol world tour!" ..There was a pause. "Also Tryin' to find my parents on the side, but that's nothin', really."

It is then that he realized that she's been the main one asking questions so far. That's no way to participate in a conversation, both parties have to ask questions!
"How about you, Rola? What motivates you to travel? How long've you been doing it?"​

Investigation roll: 12

Last edited:
It seemed to Rola from her sifting around that at one point there HAD been a great many arrows amongst the caravan. The Bokoblins had since hunted most of the supply away, or flat out ruined the arrows doing target practice facing the cave wall. Even so, some were salvageable and the recent fight against Dragon had left more than a few scattered about. All in all she could find twelve for her purposes.

T Taleek

Dragon was even less fortunate, but did his due diligence in helping his new friend. He found five more arrows total, after searching nearer to where he had first been ambushed.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Garvii: The Fortune Teller's Tent

No sooner had one new acquaintance left her sight that another one entered. Matilda blinked at the large shadow which darkened her tent-flaps, but rocked in her chair calmly from the other side of the table.

"Please, rest your legs warrior," Matilda chuckled, motioning to the stool where Oro previously sat, "I have heard Rito do not have doors on their houses. Is that why you do not announce yourself before entering?" The old woman quickly gathered up her previous spread of tarot cards and began shuffling them. Garvii did not catch what cards were previously laid out as he entered.

Wernburger Wernburger
Garvii wasted no time. His blood simmered with agency at this unexpected encounter.

“What know you of my people or of me thereafter? I’ve announced myself well and good. Know that I’ve become convinced of asking for forgiveness rather than permission. I have no time to waste for now and will not be held captive by custom. That being said, my intent is not to offend. I seek guidance and will not be made a fool. This tent holds answers for me and I’ll be damned before deprived of them. Now tell me mystic … what have you for me? What am I meant for in these lands?”

The old woman chuckled at the proud Rito and his monologue. His bluntness was so sudden a change from her last visitor. The shy, whimsical nature of a Deku was in comical contrast to a Rito roughneck demanding to know his fate. Still she shuffled her cards, unoffended and amused.

"I'll take that as you asking forgiveness, then," she stated with a wry grin. A mischievous old lady she was with her barbs, unperturbed by Garvii's defensive nature, "You at least have upheld the custom of exchanging names, so I'll give the same. My name is Matilda, and I can indeed give you your fortune," she continued shuffling incessantly, getting a bit faster as she spoke. Tossing the cards over and over into her opposite hand. She stared at Garvii hardly, her mirth leaving for a moment. The fire behind her which boiled the pot, dimmed a bit and the candles went out on the table. Leaving only the evening light trickling through the flaps to illuminate her face before Garvii, "Give an old witch her due, however. What have you to trade for information on your future?" It was an interesting question, which she let hang in the air as she laid out the cards.

The card faces looked up at Garvii, which he could barely make out in the now-darkened tent. The first shown a woman in an immaculate gown. There was a festival being held in her honor, with her standing atop the Hyrule Castle Porch. The next shown a Hylian Knight in a chariot, however not whilst being celebrated. The knight was charging headlong into a crowd of enemies, raging with his sword. Finally, a king sitting at a table. It looked like a feast he was having, but for a king it could very well just be the afternoon meal. He held his wine to his nose, appreciating it's scent. He was smiling at the viewer, as if offering some.

Wernburger Wernburger

While Rola was lookin' around and finding that cool recurve bow, Dragon was just.. playing around with his new weapons. He swung them, as if he were fighting, just so he could try and get used to the weight of the blades. Once he did that, he tossed the blades upwards a few times. Once, twice, a third time. Each toss higher than the last. Again, he was just trying to figure it out. Then.. he started getting a little more out there with his test swings. He was leaping in the air, standing on one foot, just movements that he deemed to be a little more fun and dynamic. Or just plain silly. Like trying to balance one of the blades on his foot, for example.
Yeah, he's doing that at the moment. Standing on his right foot, with his left leg raised, and the grip of the blade placed ontop of his left foot. He was wobbling over and over again, because he was trying to keep the blade from falling to the ground. He started to get it steady after a little while up until..

A "hey" was heard, which caused him to turn his head in an instant. His focus was averted towards Rola, and not balancing the longsword, so it fell right onto the ground. Clattering there, which made Dragon mutter an "aw shoot." when he heard it fall. There was no crying over fallen swords though, there's a cool bow that has been found! "Oh, that sounds pretty cool! I will, infact, come on over 'n help out." He stated, with some genuine excitement being easy to detect in his voice. He'd like to see it in action, so he's happy to help look for some arrows. So yes, he too started scouring for said arrows.

When he was addressed, Dragon perked up, being momentarily distracted from his searching. "Oh wow, hittin' me with the big ones right out the gate, huh? Well.. I've been out and about for at least two months, I've lost track of the days a few times so it's probably been longer than that." Dragon resumed with his search after saying this, but he sure didn't stop talking. "Well, I've got a couple reasons. One being improving my combat abilities. I wanna see how much I can do, how far my body can take me, what kinds of opponents I may one day defeat. Took a while to realize it, but It'd take centuries to make any progress way back at my home village, so I left in order to challenge myself a bit more. Speaking of, I actually haven't gone too far away from my home 'till now. I've read so much about the world beyond the mountains, so I guess you could say I'm also on one big 'ol world tour!" ..There was a pause. "Also Tryin' to find my parents on the side, but that's nothin', really."

It is then that he realized that she's been the main one asking questions so far. That's no way to participate in a conversation, both parties have to ask questions!
"How about you, Rola? What motivates you to travel? How long've you been doing it?"​

Investigation roll: 12
As Rola acquired the proper ammunition for her new and fun looking bow with the help of her new ally and possible friend, Dragon, she listened to Dragon’s explanation on why he’s out and about adventuring he had an interesting motive or two which in turn sparked a response from the kokiri. “Well, that’s a simple yet refreshing reason to be out here putting yourself on the line! I more so pegged ya for a seasoned explorer!” As she said this, she deposited all of her acquired arrows into a nice quiver and promptly thanked Dragon for his help in finding some as well. It looked like, with their joined efforts, they managed to find seventeen arrows that weren’t damaged. A decent amount, but certainly not amount to go shooting at targets all willy-nilly. “I think I’ll hold off on the shooting practice and save it for when some real danger shows its face, or perhaps while we hunt for some dinner!” She voiced her thoughts out loud, which was met with a positive “Yum!” from Kira, possibly within some part of Rola’s clothing. After securing what she wanted she walked a few steps and seated her self to continue listening to Dragon and when he casually mentioned his parents and how he was also planning to track them down she gave a silent nod. She wasn’t sure if there was more to that statement or not, the way Dragon said it seemed as though his motivation to find them wasn’t as strong as his drive to get stronger. Perhaps the topic of his parents were more touchy than she thought, so being polite, she withheld her prying questions about his parents as to not stir any negative emotions out of the Hylian.

She gave a long stretch as she listened to Dragon pose the same question back toward her, which prompted Rola to rub her chin for a moment as she considered how to answer that question. Various thoughts arose as she considered this like how she wanted to portray herself, but she simply shrugged to her self before speaking up calmly as she looked toward the sky for a moment. “What motivates me to travel… huh? Well, let me at the very least answer your question on how long I’ve been traveling!” She would then begin counting on her fingers for a few moments, counting in a hushed tone as she tries to get the exact digit from her knowledge. Some hushed chirping from Kira would be heard before Rola nods, and she triumphantly begins speaking once more. “About three to four years, give or take! And with that time I guess you could say I’ve had the pleasure to experience loads of things from bandits to even some talking animals!” It was difficult to determine if she was being serious or not, and before anyone could think about that long enough, Rola would continue to speak to answer Dragon's question fully.

“As for what personally motivates me? Well it’s a lot of things really, but I suppose it can all be boiled down to downright curiosity. You’ve heard the saying of curiosity killing the cat, yeah? Well, I guess you can say I’m out here to see just what these lands have to offer in terms of curiosities, mysteries, the whole nine yards and then some! And with curiosity, developed a lovely skill set that allows me to meet many interesting folks… including you Dragon!” She pauses, pondering on if she should continue rambling, but with a shrug she thinks better of it and stands back up. She picks up the longsword Dragon had dropped and hands it to him, the blade facing her. “Call me crazy, but I got a strong gut feeling that we might make a pretty good team going forward! Where might you be planning on going Dragon? If you don’t mind me asking?” She smiles toward him genuinely, a tad bit more wholesome than her previous more sarcastic smiles.

The old woman chuckled at the proud Rito and his monologue. His bluntness was so sudden a change from her last visitor. The shy, whimsical nature of a Deku was in comical contrast to a Rito roughneck demanding to know his fate. Still she shuffled her cards, unoffended and amused.

"I'll take that as you asking forgiveness, then," she stated with a wry grin. A mischievous old lady she was with her barbs, unperturbed by Garvii's defensive nature, "You at least have upheld the custom of exchanging names, so I'll give the same. My name is Matilda, and I can indeed give you your fortune," she continued shuffling incessantly, getting a bit faster as she spoke. Tossing the cards over and over into her opposite hand. She stared at Garvii hardly, her mirth leaving for a moment. The fire behind her which boiled the pot, dimmed a bit and the candles went out on the table. Leaving only the evening light trickling through the flaps to illuminate her face before Garvii, "Give an old witch her due, however. What have you to trade for information on your future?" It was an interesting question, which she let hang in the air as she laid out the cards.

The card faces looked up at Garvii, which he could barely make out in the now-darkened tent. The first shown a woman in an immaculate gown. There was a festival being held in her honor, with her standing atop the Hyrule Castle Porch. The next shown a Hylian Knight in a chariot, however not whilst being celebrated. The knight was charging headlong into a crowd of enemies, raging with his sword. Finally, a king sitting at a table. It looked like a feast he was having, but for a king it could very well just be the afternoon meal. He held his wine to his nose, appreciating it's scent. He was smiling at the viewer, as if offering some.

Wernburger Wernburger

"Matilda then..."

Garvii surveyed the tent space noting the ominous nature of the waning fire before zeroing in on the cardsmanship Matilda displayed. The cards brought back memories of home. Garvii had often bowed out of card games with that his peers used to play with the elders and warriors of his village feeling unable to engage with his comrades in their leisure. Silva used to tease him while shuffling, why not join us for a hand? knowing full well Garvii would decline. Only his sister Pella would share in games in their roost.

"Trade? I am a hermit witch. I have little to offer in way of trade. Some rupees if that's your desire, the clothes on my back, and my sword."

Garvii paused when mentioning his familial blade. He gripped the handle tightly denoting his refusal to part with it.

"I hadn't realized destiny had an entrance fee. I can offer little apart from my might. But I must know the answers you hold. Name your price and I will pay it. But know that if you deceive me here today, I will bring my wrath toward you."

As Rola acquired the proper ammunition for her new and fun looking bow with the help of her new ally and possible friend, Dragon, she listened to Dragon’s explanation on why he’s out and about adventuring he had an interesting motive or two which in turn sparked a response from the kokiri. “Well, that’s a simple yet refreshing reason to be out here putting yourself on the line! I more so pegged ya for a seasoned explorer!” As she said this, she deposited all of her acquired arrows into a nice quiver and promptly thanked Dragon for his help in finding some as well. It looked like, with their joined efforts, they managed to find seventeen arrows that weren’t damaged. A decent amount, but certainly not amount to go shooting at targets all willy-nilly. “I think I’ll hold off on the shooting practice and save it for when some real danger shows its face, or perhaps while we hunt for some dinner!” She voiced her thoughts out loud, which was met with a positive “Yum!” from Kira, possibly within some part of Rola’s clothing. After securing what she wanted she walked a few steps and seated her self to continue listening to Dragon and when he casually mentioned his parents and how he was also planning to track them down she gave a silent nod. She wasn’t sure if there was more to that statement or not, the way Dragon said it seemed as though his motivation to find them wasn’t as strong as his drive to get stronger. Perhaps the topic of his parents were more touchy than she thought, so being polite, she withheld her prying questions about his parents as to not stir any negative emotions out of the Hylian.

She gave a long stretch as she listened to Dragon pose the same question back toward her, which prompted Rola to rub her chin for a moment as she considered how to answer that question. Various thoughts arose as she considered this like how she wanted to portray herself, but she simply shrugged to her self before speaking up calmly as she looked toward the sky for a moment. “What motivates me to travel… huh? Well, let me at the very least answer your question on how long I’ve been traveling!” She would then begin counting on her fingers for a few moments, counting in a hushed tone as she tries to get the exact digit from her knowledge. Some hushed chirping from Kira would be heard before Rola nods, and she triumphantly begins speaking once more. “About three to four years, give or take! And with that time I guess you could say I’ve had the pleasure to experience loads of things from bandits to even some talking animals!” It was difficult to determine if she was being serious or not, and before anyone could think about that long enough, Rola would continue to speak to answer Dragon's question fully.

“As for what personally motivates me? Well it’s a lot of things really, but I suppose it can all be boiled down to downright curiosity. You’ve heard the saying of curiosity killing the cat, yeah? Well, I guess you can say I’m out here to see just what these lands have to offer in terms of curiosities, mysteries, the whole nine yards and then some! And with curiosity, developed a lovely skill set that allows me to meet many interesting folks… including you Dragon!” She pauses, pondering on if she should continue rambling, but with a shrug she thinks better of it and stands back up. She picks up the longsword Dragon had dropped and hands it to him, the blade facing her. “Call me crazy, but I got a strong gut feeling that we might make a pretty good team going forward! Where might you be planning on going Dragon? If you don’t mind me asking?” She smiles toward him genuinely, a tad bit more wholesome than her previous more sarcastic smiles.
Dragon listended intently. Does it go beyond that? Not really. But while she was counting her fingers, he was trying to figure it out alongside her. He didn't try to go ahead and listen in, he wanted to weigh in and figure it out on his own. So he was essentially guessing with a few hints. With the information he gathered.. it looked like.. they were settling on three. No, four. Yes. Four is the bottom line. But four.. what? Days? Months? Years? Decades?... Come to think of it, that last one was silly, decades is probably a bit much. So what should he settle on? If not Decades, then years? Maybe not.. but he doesn't know how to gauge someone else's experience.. properly. So.. a guess. A mental guess would have to be made. A guess upon a guess and he's going to land on.. months. Why? Because he's also been out and about for months. In all honesty, despite the extended thought process, his conclusion didn't go beyond that.

So when she said YEARS there was a bit of a visible reel from the Hylian. There was a bit of a shock, as he wasn't expecting that big of a difference in terms of experience with the two. However.. after a second or two of consideration.. it makes sense. She seemed pretty composed during the event of her fairy companion being stolen. It made him think that this isn't the first time it happened to her. Then again, he could very well be super wrong about this. He'll only know if he asks. However.. she's in the middle of answering his questions, and he doesn't want to interrupt.

He appreciated being called interesting, it was all over his face. He does appreciate compliments, he even got out a thanks in response. Can't leave a compliment unthanked, that's for sure. "Curiosity huh? I get that-" MAN does he wish he had as much to say about her motivation as she did about his own. He gets it of course, since he's driven by curiosity by some extent. When the longsword was handed back to 'em, his eyes looked at the grip of the blade, then towards Rola, as she was speaking. Make a good team is what she said. In truth? He's definitely not opposed to the idea. Not only does he like the idea of not traveling on his own, but he ALSO likes the idea of traveling with someone with experience! Having a buddy with some more know-how than him could be really cool. Plus, Rola's capable, and seems to be rather plesant! He doesn't see any downsides-

"Where am I going?"
The Hylian grasped the blade that Rola handed to him, soon lifting it overhead, and then turning to face the very direction that Misko was running in not long ago.

"I'm going after that theif, of course! I can't stand the thought of leaving a fight unresolved. I didn't even get the chance to punch 'em for trying to steal you friend! So.. I plan on finding him, and giving 'em a proper beating."
There was a short pause.. all before he lowered his blade and faced Rola.
"I'd be happy if y'joined me. Never worked with anyone before, but like you said, we'd make a good team!"

And yes.
He also smiled.
As genuine smiles, are often contagious.​

Chapter 2: A Land Worth Liberating

Garvii: The Fortune Teller's Tent, Northern Hyrule

All of the light in the tent went out in the tent as soon as Garvii's words left his mouth.

"Do not make idle threats, Rito. Witches are known for their curses," Matilda's voice cut through the darkness. It was bland, emotionless, and wholly unentertained. Then, the candles relit themselves, and the fire sparked up on it's own at the same time. Before too long, there was a bubble in the cauldron again as the flames licked it's underbelly.

"There is no price, not in rupees, for one's future. Of course not, and one with a natural spirit such of yourself knows this well. Fate only makes trades, as we all do when we pass each other by in life, Garvii. And how could I sell you something you one day will know for yourself? No, you are right. No price. But a favor? To an old witch? Perhaps that is not too much to ask. Stay here at the stables for a few days. My own readings have been negative these past few days. Help keep my mind at ease, and swing that sword of yours if you must," Matilda again sounded like a grandmother. Inviting, and warm in tone. As if the words she had said in the darkness had never happened. She then looked down at the cards and happily pointed to the first one,

"So, let's take a look at the spread then. This first card is the Empress. That depiction is of the last Queen of Hyrule before the fall of the kingdom. She represents all of the abundance the world has to offer. Beauty, Benevolence, and sometimes new birth. You are a self-admitted wanderer. How much of your journey have you enjoyed, I wonder? Perhaps your fervent search for something has caused you to miss it as you passed, staring so intently ahead of you.

The next card is The Chariot. Often interpreted as some ill event. I believe it is more apt to say it is an omen of a battle one must fight through. One which may be avoided, but at the cost of something within yourself. It is that which you would rather avoid, but must not if you wish to grow. I assume you will know it when you see it, my savage friend," Matilda's eyes once again glinted as they smiled at Garvii from behind her teacup. Nearly like she knew more of this than she was saying, but this could have been Garvii's distrust talking as it often did.

"The last card is the King of Cups. This image depicts not King Rhoam, the last King, but rather his grandfather. It is said Bartholomew amassed more wealth during his Kingship than all those before him combined. He was a wise man, as much as he was cunning. He also shared it with the people, and his advisors. Temperate, and beloved as a friend. This card represents what you could be with proper cooperation, and the extending of your hand. Quell any squabbles you have within you, should they disrupt any relationships you may form,"

That was all the old woman had for him. She sent Garvii out of the tent with well wishes, and told him to return if he had found anything of note about the camp or her negative fortunes. Or just to chat, though she doubted the Rito would take her up on the offer. Garvii made plans with Perkins to stay in the area, and the trader obliged in the name of meeting new customers. Over that time Garvii did more scouting, and himself discovered the Moblin's Camp at the top of the cliffs. Not being the sneaky type, he couldn't gather too much info. He could tell, however, he would be torn to pieces if he entered alone.

Wernburger Wernburger
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rola and Dragon: Northern Hyrule

The new duo was trying to find their dynamic while starting their journey together. They first made the short walk back to the Twin Peaks Stable to make trades with their haul, however were met with a problem. No one at the stables had the money to buy the Bokoblin's horde. So, a deal was struck by way of direct trade. Aside from the Yiga Clan bow and Dragon's own longswords, all of the weaponry from the Bokoblin Camp was traded for the Stalion Dragon had marked in his memory earlier. This made the ride the the Woodland Stable especially swift, and they were there in a mere day and a half.

Rola had astutely figured that a pro such as Misko would never allow them to pick up his trail again in a straightforward manner. Therefore, following his hooftracks after the fact would be just as good as following them right away. If they were in the same region as him, a thief only has so many places to hit in Hyrule these days. They would find him so long as they were around people, sooner or later.

Currently they sauntered into the camp for the first time. It's similarities to the Twin Peaks Stable were abundant. Except, this stable felt incredibly secluded due to the thick woods around it. The only other two differences, were the Trader's Cart. At which a kind old man tended the fold-out-counter. On the other side of the camp, there was a tent with many strange colors in it's patch-work. Yellow triangles amongst a purple and green collage. And out of it's chimney-flap, poured an even stranger purple smoke. It twirled into the heavens eerily, and never seemed to dissipate as it rose. Instead it simply hung like a string into the sky.

T Taleek Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Garvii: The Fortune Teller's Tent, Northern Hyrule

All of the light in the tent went out in the tent as soon as Garvii's words left his mouth.

"Do not make idle threats, Rito. Witches are known for their curses," Matilda's voice cut through the darkness. It was bland, emotionless, and wholly unentertained. Then, the candles relit themselves, and the fire sparked up on it's own at the same time. Before too long, there was a bubble in the cauldron again as the flames licked it's underbelly.

"There is no price, not in rupees, for one's future. Of course not, and one with a natural spirit such of yourself knows this well. Fate only makes trades, as we all do when we pass each other by in life, Garvii. And how could I sell you something you one day will know for yourself? No, you are right. No price. But a favor? To an old witch? Perhaps that is not too much to ask. Stay here at the stables for a few days. My own readings have been negative these past few days. Help keep my mind at ease, and swing that sword of yours if you must," Matilda again sounded like a grandmother. Inviting, and warm in tone. As if the words she had said in the darkness had never happened. She then looked down at the cards and happily pointed to the first one,

"So, let's take a look at the spread then. This first card is the Empress. That depiction is of the last Queen of Hyrule before the fall of the kingdom. She represents all of the abundance the world has to offer. Beauty, Benevolence, and sometimes new birth. You are a self-admitted wanderer. How much of your journey have you enjoyed, I wonder? Perhaps your fervent search for something has caused you to miss it as you passed, staring so intently ahead of you.

The next card is The Chariot. Often interpreted as some ill event. I believe it is more apt to say it is an omen of a battle one must fight through. One which may be avoided, but at the cost of something within yourself. It is that which you would rather avoid, but must not if you wish to grow. I assume you will know it when you see it, my savage friend," Matilda's eyes once again glinted as they smiled at Garvii from behind her teacup. Nearly like she knew more of this than she was saying, but this could have been Garvii's distrust talking as it often did.

"The last card is the King of Cups. This image depicts not King Rhoam, the last King, but rather his grandfather. It is said Bartholomew amassed more wealth during his Kingship than all those before him combined. He was a wise man, as much as he was cunning. He also shared it with the people, and his advisors. Temperate, and beloved as a friend. This card represents what you could be with proper cooperation, and the extending of your hand. Quell any squabbles you have within you, should they disrupt any relationships you may form,"

That was all the old woman had for him. She sent Garvii out of the tent with well wishes, and told him to return if he had found anything of note about the camp or her negative fortunes. Or just to chat, though she doubted the Rito would take her up on the offer. Garvii made plans with Perkins to stay in the area, and the trader obliged in the name of meeting new customers. Over that time Garvii did more scouting, and himself discovered the Moblin's Camp at the top of the cliffs. Not being the sneaky type, he couldn't gather too much info. He could tell, however, he would be torn to pieces if he entered alone.

Garvii exhaled. This witch was no falsity and this gave him comfort. Had she cracked under his pressure, he'd have lost all reverence for her words. Forces of nature were not kind, storms tore homes and creatures apart and snowstorms blotted out the sun itself. He would not trust her intent but he would trust in her power. She spoke truths and levied wisdom as if it were commonplace. He was somewhere of import. The beast within him trembled with anticipation.

What of this Silva? Your charms cannot lead you to a wellspring this deep.

"I thank you for your craft Matilda the Witch. Your readings are clearly powerful. I will stay near and meditate on their meaning and prepare myself for what is to come. My sword will belong to your defense in the mean time until I have made good on your generosity or fate bids me follow it elsewhere."

Garvii left and mulled over his readings with care. The Empress...

My self-imposed isolation has served many purposes. It has held a mirror and revealed myself to me in more than one way. I've come to know this land and its frontier as a close friend or family member. Enjoyed it? I can't say so. But loved it? With certainty. Truly and deeply and on a level I had not previously known. I will continue to search for treasures in my travels.

The Chariot...

I believe I am familiar with the battle I'd rather avoid. She is right. A beast dwells within me and desires carnage and triumph. I will contemplate our relationship further. Can I accept this part of myself? I don't see how.

The King of Cups...

Hmm. I must confess relationships continue to elude my grasp. I fear I am not capable, as I am, to embrace others in true camaraderie. Why is this so? These last days have included more interaction with others since my wandering began. Therefore, I will continue to foster the connections I have made thus far. Perkins, and the stable-hand seemed friendly enough. This must be preparing me for what is to come. And I will be ready.

----------

Garvii split the following time between his normal physical training and scouting the Moblin camp as well as developing self improvement practices. Each day, he made a concerted effort to examine his surroundings for hidden splendor, contemplate his inner turmoil, and push himself to converse with Perkins and the residents of the camp as painful as it sometimes was.

(Upon seeing Dragon and Rola)

When one day two strangers entered the campgrounds, Garvii surpressed his instinct to avoid them as they looked young and frivolous to him. Nevertheless, he strode up to them confidently and with a forced friendly face.

"Welcome travelers. I bid you well and grant you warning. Many monsters inhabit the surrounding area. If it is peace you seek, you'd be well to continue on."

The words stumbled awkwardly from a grimacing beak but he held his head and chest high and awaited their response.

----------
Directed at Just_Dragon Just_Dragon T Taleek

Last edited:
Dragon welcomed the Stallion with open arms. That's a new buddy right there! Yes, he happily accepted the Horse over the money, no doubts about that! On the trip there, he spent most of his time trying to figure out what he'd name this horse. Along with that.. well, he just basked in wind that blew by as they briskly traveled. It was his first time riding on a horse, so he had to take at least SOME time to enjoy it.

Now once they arrived, Dragon didn't leave the back of the horse, just pat it's head in a spot that didn't make it thrash. Yes, figuring this out was a trial-and-error process. Yes, he fell off once because of it. "Thanks for the ride, Major." It's the one he settled on.. just now, actually. Once he thanked Major, all Dragon did was let his eyes scan the area. He wished to take a chance to see what he was about to walk into. In truth.. the sight didn't speak out ot him TOO much, as it largely looked the same as the stable that was left a bit ago. That only caused the differences to stick out to him even more, though.

The Trader's cart, along with the old man was the first thing that he locked onto. It wasn't for too long, but he sure did lock onto it. He didn't have too many questions in all honesty, all he was curious about was.. whatever's inside. The old man tending to it looked nice though! Maybe he'd be down to chat a little bit about it. What really caught his eye though, was that tent with the weird patchwork. It's colors were.. odd, but they did stick out among the woodwork. Perhaps that's the reason why his gaze was latched onto it for a while. The Hylian's gaze slowly trailed up to that purple smoke. It struck his curiosity, but it unnerved him a slight bit. Only enough to make his eyebrows scrunch a little bit, and have him utter the word "freaky.." underneath his breath. It absolutely wont deter him from investigating though. If anything, it being freaky is all the more motivation.

Then, out of nowhere, someone arrived! A welcome was gifted, and it startled Dragon.. simply because he wasn't paying attention when this Rito gentleman was approaching 'em. Thankfully, it only resulted in a flinch From the Hylian, which meant the Horse probably wasn't going to freak out or anything of the sort. While the greeting continued, Dragon's focus shifted to the speaker (psst, Wernburger Wernburger , that's you!) and.. he got a weird sense of.. uncomfortability? Yes, that. He can tell because of the forced smile and how the words coming from the guy's beak sounded as he spoke. Odd, that's for sure-

"Ooo! Monsters, huh? Sounds like a good reason to stick around!"

Dragon hopped off of Major, landing on the ground with a thump that was muffled a bit due to the grass below. He didn't like the idea of speaking to someone ontop of a horse. Speaking to folks on equal footing? Now that he can get behind.

"Is there.. a camp or something nearby? Because if so, I-... we, would be more than happy to clear 'em out soon! Maybe Soon-ish-"

Yes, he's volunteering both himself, and Rola. It's what he means by "we".
He's assuming Garvii mentioned mentioned the monsters because they're causing trouble to the stable in some way shape or form. Nothin' more

You're up, T Taleek !​

"Ooo! Monsters, huh? Sounds like a good reason to stick around!"

Dragon hopped off of Major, landing on the ground with a thump that was muffled a bit due to the grass below. He didn't like the idea of speaking to someone ontop of a horse. Speaking to folks on equal footing? Now that he can get behind.

"Is there.. a camp or something nearby? Because if so, I-... we, would be more than happy to clear 'em out soon! Maybe Soon-ish-"

Garvii raised an eyebrow high at this Hylian's response, still grinning widely, though the ends of his beak began to crest downward. It was the Hylian people's brazen optimism that had always bugged him in the past. Do they not realize the power and genuine threat nature poses? Is it a lack of respect, awareness, or something else he was not seeing?

"Is that so, a good reason to stick around?"

Garvii looks Dragon up and down to take a closer look and see if he's full of hot air.

"I'm pretty invested in keeping this place safe. But I'll admit, my thought was to prepare a proper defense rather than aggravate the camp with a full-frontal assault. Don't get me wrong, many would fall by hand. I just ... am trying to do this right. I've waited a long time to be a part of something meaningful with my life."

---------
Insight roll on Dragon: 18

Garvii raised an eyebrow high at this Hylian's response, still grinning widely, though the ends of his beak began to crest downward. It was the Hylian people's brazen optimism that had always bugged him in the past. Do they not realize the power and genuine threat nature poses? Is it a lack of respect, awareness, or something else he was not seeing?

"Is that so, a good reason to stick around?"

Garvii looks Dragon up and down to take a closer look and see if he's full of hot air.

"I'm pretty invested in keeping this place safe. But I'll admit, my thought was to prepare a proper defense rather than aggravate the camp with a full-frontal assault. Don't get me wrong, many would fall by hand. I just ... am trying to do this right. I've waited a long time to be a part of something meaningful with my life."

---------
Insight roll on Dragon: 18
Dragon nodded when Garvii repeated what he said. Even adding an "Mhm!" as he did so.

Now, while this Rito fellow spoke, Dragon felt a few words brewing and waiting to be released. But he kept his tongue in check. Since the man just made it clear that he's invested in this place's safety, Dragon didn't want to dismiss the guy's hesitancy and charge in headfirst anyways. The idea didn't sit right with him, despite the fact that he REALLY wanted to.

"Well, having backup wouldn't hurt, no? Regardless of if you're gonna prepare some defenses or take 'em out from the source, having some extra hands to help you out can't hurt! Whatever it is you wanna do to help, we'll help too."

That's the next best thing. Helping the guy out with preparing defenses couldn't hurt, surely. After all, he can always go in to fight after that's all said and done.​

Dragon nodded when Garvii repeated what he said. Even adding an "Mhm!" as he did so.

Now, while this Rito fellow spoke, Dragon felt a few words brewing and waiting to be released. But he kept his tongue in check. Since the man just made it clear that he's invested in this place's safety, Dragon didn't want to dismiss the guy's hesitancy and charge in headfirst anyways. The idea didn't sit right with him, despite the fact that he REALLY wanted to.

"Well, having backup wouldn't hurt, no? Regardless of if you're gonna prepare some defenses or take 'em out from the source, having some extra hands to help you out can't hurt! Whatever it is you wanna do to help, we'll help too."

That's the next best thing. Helping the guy out with preparing defenses couldn't hurt, surely. After all, he can always go in to fight after that's all said and done.​

"Hmm. Indeed... I suppose you don't look entirely incapable."

Garvii examined the stranger for signs of hubris. He thought back to his readings from Matilda. The King of Cups, this could be an opportunity to pursue his destiny.

"Perhaps we could combine our efforts in this matter. The family head in charge here isn't willing to lend any direct aid so why not bolster my numbers and I do have some plans in mind that would be difficult on my own."

He stuck out a feathered hand tentatively.

"Garvii Quaver to make your acquaintance."

"Hmm. Indeed... I suppose you don't look entirely incapable."

Garvii examined the stranger for signs of hubris. He thought back to his readings from Matilda. The King of Cups, this could be an opportunity to pursue his destiny.

"Perhaps we could combine our efforts in this matter. The family head in charge here isn't willing to lend any direct aid so why not bolster my numbers and I do have some plans in mind that would be difficult on my own."

He stuck out a feathered hand tentatively.

"Garvii Quaver to make your acquaintance."
This Hylian seemed to be pretty sure of himself, at least when it comes to combat. The recent, but healing wounds may point one towards that confidence being hubris, but.. he's not dead. Yet, anyways.
Dragon perked up a bit when the stranger, named Garvii, extended his wing to 'em. Once that was the case, with Zero hesitation, Dragon reached his hand up to shake Garvii's. Along with that, he shook it enthusiastically.

"I'm Dragon, Dragon Duperval. Nice to meet you as well!"

Yeah
He's happy about not being turned down when it comes to helping out. But as he shook Garvii's hand, his gaze trailed over and towards that odd tent that was releasing the purple smoke. He'll.. have to check it out later. He's a fair bit more interested on what's on Garvii's mind. Now, before they were shaking hands for long enough to make it weird, Dragon pulled his arm away.

"So! What'd you have in mind for these defenses that you mentioned?"​

Last edited:
This Hylian seemed to be pretty sure of himself, at least when it comes to combat. The recent, but healing wounds may point one towards that confidence being hubris, but.. he's not dead. Yet, anyways.
Dragon perked up a bit when the stranger, named Garvii, extended his wing to 'em. Once that was the case, with Zero hesitation, Dragon reached his hand up to shake Garvii's. Along with that, he shook it enthusiastically.

"I'm Dragon, Dragon Duperval. Nice to meet you as well!"

Yeah
He's happy about not being turned down when it comes to helping out. But as he shook Garvii's hand, his gaze trailed over and towards that odd tent that was releasing the purple smoke. He'll.. have to check it out later. He's a fair bit more interested on what's on Garvii's mind. Now, before they were shaking hands for long enough to make it weird, Dragon pulled his arm away.

"So! What'd you have in mind for these defenses that you mentioned?"​

Garvii acknowledged Dragon's firm grip. His enthusiasm would be something he had to adjust to but he was glad to have someone that seemed capable in alignment with his goals. Fate had started to reward him for following his path so diligently.

"Why don't you first take some time to get settled here and get the lay of the land. We'll meet up at sunset to plan our strategy formally. When you're ready, ask around if anyone else wants to pitch in and tell them to meet at my and Perkin's camp on the outskirts by the large oak. Also, we'll need digging equipment and some sharpened stakes if you come across any. I have some other folk I'd like to confer with before getting started with our efforts. And Dragon... thanks for your help, we'll give em hell."

Garvii nodded slightly and bid his new partner temporary farewell and went to find the Red-Headed stable-hand he had met when he first arrived at the camp. Frustratingly, he had been unsuccessful communing with the natural environment to observe the monster camp from afar. Attempts to meditate had revealed that this area was becoming scarce. The woods were eerily silent, absent of the normal sounds of life.

Garvii planned to enlist the stable-hand's knowledge and experience with animals to procure bait that could be used to lure monsters into traps. But where was she and also ... who was she? Garvii had admittedly been avoiding her while trying to interact with the others in the camp. Not finding out her name made further contact awkward, also, her perkiness and imperviousness to his intimidating aura had put him on the defensive. But now he needed her help. It was time to put his fate to the test. He went to find Perkins to see if he know where to find her.

Dragon nodded.. a few times, just because he didn't want to interupt Garvii while he spoke, but still make it clear that he was listening. Once the fellow bid him farewell, Dragon gave a wave as he did the same. Once the guy was gone, he moved over to Major and pet the horse's mane.

"I'm sure you're a bit tired, don't worry, you'll get to rest in comfort soon."

His tasks were with rallying up some people to contribute, find digging supplies, and find stakes. First should be easy, all he has to do is ask nicely. Second.. maybe a bit harder to do before sunset. He's still dirt broke, so he wouldn't be able to buy any. Maybe he could find a shovel that's being used as a weapon at a monster camp.. but trying to attack one nearby for the sake of stealing a shovel.. ultimately defeats the purpose of what Garvii is trying to do. Lastly? Stakes. Maybe he could make some? It's possible.. but he'd need a fair bit of wood. Since he can't buy it, maybe chopping it down would be a good idea?

Dragon removed his hand from Major's mane, and pulled out his blades. Looking them over and thinking that he.. could possibly get away with it. With some work of course.

Ok, not some work. It'd probably take a while, so chopping down a tree with a sword wont be his first choice. He'd have to find an axe to borrow. Maybe.. hopefully he'll find it around the stable.

But first and foremost? That tent with the odd patchwork. He wants to investigate. So he made his way towards that tent, taking Major along with 'em. Once he was there, he asked Major to stay where he is. Once this was the case? The Hylian only poked his head into the tent, since he technivally wasn't invited insided, he didn't just wanna waltz in. At the same time, he also really wanted to at least see what was in there.

"Hello? Anyone home?"​

Garvii: Woodland Stable, Approaching Perkins

"Afternoon, Garvii. I saw you speaking with the new arrival, did you happen to catch if he was looking for any goods?" Said the cheery miser. He was tending his cart-front just as he usually did, happily gazing at the inhabitants of the clearing. The wind carried through the pines in a rush for a moment before dying down again.

Wernburger Wernburger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Woodland Stable, Meeting Matilda

"Why, do come in child," Matilda said without turning. Evidently she could tell by Dragon's voice he was young. As Dragon entered he would notice the old woman in her multi-colored robes working at her cooking pot on the opposite end of the tent. Between her and the door was a table with a stool on Dragon's side. The aged woman had long gray hair all the way down her back. It was dreadlocked, but again all the color had gone from it over her long life.

Still, Dragon recognized this immediately as the hairstyle of his hometown, and her chestnut-colored hands confirmed this. She worked with them using a ladle to skoop a concoction into many glass jars, which she was placing one by one onto the waste-high table beside the fire. This was a different one than the main middle table in the room, which had a deck of cards stacked neatly on top of it.

The Lurelinian woman turned after she finished her little project and smiled.

"Ah! I hadn't expected to meet one of my own kin today. My luck in customers has been wonderful these past few days. Are you here to have your fortune told, son of fishermen?" Dragon noticed the turn of phrase at the end. Even if your father was not a fishermen, people from Lurelin were always the sons or daughters of fishermen. It reminded the community what their true lifeblood was.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Saife: Northern Woodland, Stalking Prey

Saife was rather bored on her outing today. She had been watching the large group of monsters occupying the Royal Guard Training Camp for some time. Two Weeks to be exact. She still hadn't the slightest idea how she would take down this Moblin. The Monster was one of her specialties, true, but this one was clever. It never left the camp at all. It had roving groups of Bokoblin do all it's hunting, and thus stayed secure in it's fortress away from possible rivals.

As such, Saife had been quietly spending her time split between her basecamp (A suspended hammock and supply-storage in a tree a mile east) and her target's location. Waiting for some sort of opening. A patient hunter she was, so today she found herself waiting again. Perhaps today would be different? But then again, perhaps not. What's a young Gerudo to do?

JayGreen JayGreen

Dragon: Woodland Stable, Meeting Matilda

"Why, do come in child," Matilda said without turning. Evidently she could tell by Dragon's voice he was young. As Dragon entered he would notice the old woman in her multi-colored robes working at her cooking pot on the opposite end of the tent. Between her and the door was a table with a stool on Dragon's side. The aged woman had long gray hair all the way down her back. It was dreadlocked, but again all the color had gone from it over her long life.

Still, Dragon recognized this immediately as the hairstyle of his hometown, and her chestnut-colored hands confirmed this. She worked with them using a ladle to skoop a concoction into many glass jars, which she was placing one by one onto the waste-high table beside the fire. This was a different one than the main middle table in the room, which had a deck of cards stacked neatly on top of it.

The Lurelinian woman turned after she finished her little project and smiled.

"Ah! I hadn't expected to meet one of my own kin today. My luck in customers has been wonderful these past few days. Are you here to have your fortune told, son of fishermen?" Dragon noticed the turn of phrase at the end. Even if your father was not a fishermen, people from Lurelin were always the sons or daughters of fishermen. It reminded the community what their true lifeblood was.
Dragon did indeed walk in once he was invited. As he did, the Hylian did a slow 360⁰ spin for the sake of taking in the tent's interior to the fullest. He wasn't looking down, though, and that caused him to bump into the stool. That caused it to start tipping over, but Dragon reached forwards hastily and grasped it before the stool bumped onto the table. Shortly aftee the fact, Dragon pulled the stool into it's proper upright position, while also hopping ontop of it. Just so he could sit, nothing else.

Now that he was seated, he actually took in his surroundings a bit more. He noticed the woman's hair first, and he figured that she's been alive for quite a while due to it's color. When he caught a glimpse of her ladle working hands, it just.. hit 'em right then and there. She's from Lurelin? He didn't know why but.. he surely wasn't expecting to see anyone from home anytime soon. Even so, when he discovered this.. he relaxed. Maybe he was feeling a bit uneasy because the tent was giving him off vibes, but that unease has washed away now.

Dragon's eyes were fixed on the cards that were stacked onto the table. He was tempted to give them a peak, as he was simply curious as to what was on 'em. But then the woman turned around, and he quelled his urge to be nosy.

"My future? Well.. not really, I came here to investigate! Your tent kinda stands out, so I felt drawn to it."

Dragon took a moment to collect his thoughts. On one hand, he's not interested in having his future told to 'em. But.. doing so could be a nice way to get some idea of finding the people he's looking for. That being Misko and his father. After all, he's not a master of tracking people, and he doubts that daddy dearest is just gonna pop up in the middle of nowhere while he wanders. This could be a good bet in helping with those endeavors.

"...But, I wouldn't be against it. Unfortunately I don't have any money on me, but if you accept a helping hand, I could work for you for a bit to pay off whatever you charge for your fortune tellings!"

She did say "customer", so he's assuming that these future tellings are gonna cost a pretty Rupee.​

Garvii: Woodland Stable, Approaching Perkins

"Afternoon, Garvii. I saw you speaking with the new arrival, did you happen to catch if he was looking for any goods?" Said the cheery miser. He was tending his cart-front just as he usually did, happily gazing at the inhabitants of the clearing. The wind carried through the pines in a rush for a moment before dying down again.

Garvii walked up to Perkins with fervor.

"You'll have time a plenty to curry trade with our new arrivals but that will have to wait. This batch brought promise toward my mission Perkins. A fighter to be sure. Maybe a bit overconfident yet he looks able to back it up. Either way, I have need of the stable-hand we met when we first arrived here."

Garvii shifted uncomfortably.

"... perhaps you could broker introductions. I feel I may have made a poor first impression."

Saife: Northern Woodland, Stalking Prey

Saife was rather bored on her outing today. She had been watching the large group of monsters occupying the Royal Guard Training Camp for some time. Two Weeks to be exact. She still hadn't the slightest idea how she would take down this Moblin. The Monster was one of her specialties, true, but this one was clever. It never left the camp at all. It had roving groups of Bokoblin do all it's hunting, and thus stayed secure in it's fortress away from possible rivals.

As such, Saife had been quietly spending her time split between her basecamp (A suspended hammock and supply-storage in a tree a mile east) and her target's location. Waiting for some sort of opening. A patient hunter she was, so today she found herself waiting again. Perhaps today would be different? But then again, perhaps not. What's a young Gerudo to do?

The forest was unfamiliar.

Saife took a step backwards and heard a twig snap under her foot. A gerudo curse fell from her lips almost breathlessly, as she saw a bokoblin look around in puzzlement.

She breathed shallow and quiet breaths, watching the creature. Eventually he got distracted scratching his behind. She felt the ground behind her with a tip of her boot and took another step backwards, deeper into the green.

The new environment both frustrated and puzzled her. She had taken in a lot since she left her city, but the lessons didn't seem to run out. This was her first time staking out prey in a dense forest, different from the hills and grasslands she encountered in the last couple of weeks and even more so from her native desert. The smart prey didn't make it any easier.

The bokoblin camp was big and the Moblin never left it. She didn't feel confident sneaking right in yet, so she watched the hunting bands, counted, made mental maps, prepared. The urge to start picking out bokoblins was strong, but she wasn't sure how many it would take for the rest to notice and raise their guard.

So she waited and watched.

If she had a partner, she could maybe pull it off. One would start a distraction, the other sneak into the camp and take fight directly to the moblin. She didn't have one, so she would figure it out. Maybe a fallen tree, or a small fire, or a captured boar could wreck enough havoc... The last idea made her pause. She wasn't a trapper, but she could manage. Trap an animal, wound it, let it out in the middle of the camp. She would give it a merciful death later.

Saife backed out some more. Bokoblin got entirely distracted and was trying to attack a flock of small birds with a spear.

Making mental notes of both the birds and the plants around her stake out place, she started sneaking through the forest.

She needed to find a suitable animal for the plan and maybe replenish her supplies. She was also running out of salt and spices she got before setting out. There was a building with people roaming around it nearby, maybe she could find a merchant there...

25 survival for hunting
14 survival for foraging

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back