• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hyrule Hunters (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Garvii: Hatching a Plan

Perkins got a prideful look in his eye as Garvii asked him for help. It was true the antisocial hermit could wring Perkins out like an old rag, but that didn't stop the old man from commenting on the situation.

"Well, it seems you need my skills as much as I need yours, Garvii old boy. Come, and I will show you the way that conversation can be an asset as much as a sword," The now self-righteous Perkins made his way out the back of his cart with a little hop, moving surprisingly energetically for one so frail. He led Garvii over to the back of the Big Top where the open-air stables were. All the horses seemed in beautiful condition, and their wood shavings were neatly raked in their stalls.

There was quite a professional air about the grounds, the way it was cleared of rubbish and forest debree despite being outside. Garvii and Perkins then spotted the professional in question, the redheaded Hateno woman, finishing her last stall. The horse, tied up outside and out of the way, waved it's head up and down as the two approached. Almost to say hello, but more like how a dog acts cute to solicit treats.

"Aris! I'm sorry to interrupt your work day. Garvii has found a little more time on his hands to be social today, and wanted me to introduce the two of you. Garvii, you remember Aris I'm sure,"
Said Perkins motioning to the girl, "And far be it from me to keep two young kids from planning a date!"

Aris's eyes widened at the last words. Perkins smiled an oblivious old-man smile, having completely misread the situation. She blushed just a bit and suddenly looked much less playful and confident than she did the other day. She looked at the ground as she spoke, her voice shaking on the first word.

"Wow, after we first met I didn't think you were interested," She said, sheepishly chancing a glance upwards. Garvii wasn't good with people, but he could tell this much. Aris here sure was interested, if he wasn't.

Wernburger Wernburger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: The Fortune Teller's Tent

"Well now, I generally do ask for an exchange. An old woman has to make a living after all. However, I've missed a few of your birthdays my dear grandchild. I'm sorry for that, but a fortune teller's life is one of migration. It's nice to see you, Dragon, the last time I knew you you were wrapped in one of my own shawls. I recognize your father's muscles on your body. That is even more unmistakable than your mother's eyes. I'll make you a deal my dear grandson, I can tell your fortune as I would a stranger. But, forego your knowledge of the future, and I will tell you the last time I saw your dad. What say you to this, my warrior child?"

Matilda looked at Dragon knowingly. She had produced no proof of her claims, so Dragon had to decide exactly what he should do given the situation. Had he just met his grandmother, or someone claiming to be? That was the real question he had to figure out before he answered.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (Roll insight)

Saife: Northern Woodland, Stalking and Sneaking

Saife walked along silently, her senses working perfectly to detect signs of life. What they shown her, however, was eerie. There were no animal tracks, nor birds singing in the atmosphere. The area was foreign to her, that much was true, but she'd been in the greener areas of Hyrule long enough to know this area should be teaming with life. The trees and plants were still lush and healthy, but the unnatural silence sent a chill up the spine of an experienced hunter.

The bokoblin had over-hunted the area. It had taken these last few days for Saife to come to this conclusion, but now she was sure of it. It led her to believe finding her prey would take some time, if she was to use that method as a distraction. Then, she got lucky. A single line of tracks led into the rockier part of the mountain she was on, boar tracks by her expert opinion. It was headed north-west, somewhat off the mark to the stable. Therefore she had to decide which trail to follow. Seek out help at the stable or stay alone and try and capture this boar.

As she strolled along making her decision, Saife noticed two swift violets growing on a cliff side. They were about 15 feet up. She would need to do a little climbing to claim her prize, but it was definitely within her grasp.

JayGreen JayGreen (roll athletics to grab swift violets)

Dragon: The Fortune Teller's Tent

"Well now, I generally do ask for an exchange. An old woman has to make a living after all. However, I've missed a few of your birthdays my dear grandchild. I'm sorry for that, but a fortune teller's life is one of migration. It's nice to see you, Dragon, the last time I knew you you were wrapped in one of my own shawls. I recognize your father's muscles on your body. That is even more unmistakable than your mother's eyes. I'll make you a deal my dear grandson, I can tell your fortune as I would a stranger. But, forego your knowledge of the future, and I will tell you the last time I saw your dad. What say you to this, my warrior child?"

Matilda looked at Dragon knowingly. She had produced no proof of her claims, so Dragon had to decide exactly what he should do given the situation. Had he just met his grandmother, or someone claiming to be? That was the real question he had to figure out before he answered.
When Matilda mentioned "birthdays", Dragon just raised a 'brow. As she went on, that 'brow was progressively raised higher and higher and Dragon's head began to tilt towards the side a bit. Grandson? What's this woman on about?

While he heard the offer, there didn't seem to be much thouht at all put behind it. He seemed to be more focused on figuring out if this was actually his grandmother or not. Normally, he's keen on just.. downright believing what people say, but now is.. a little different. Up until now, the mere prospect of even having a grandmother never crossed his mind. He just.. assumed that he didn't have one. So his hesitancy on belivleving Matilda's words wasn't out of mistrust. He just... needed a second to process.

Once he did process, Dragon used the back of his hand to rub his eyes. Maybe he could get more conclusive evidence.. later. But for now he didn't see a reason to NOT believe her. After all, who would lie about being a man's grandmother? Doesn't make sense.
Regardless of his conclusion, Dragon leaned forwards and watched Matilta more intently. He's just trying his best to gleam something.. anything from her, but he couldn't. So he just spoke:

"...Wyvern. I'd like to know where you last saw him"

Yes, Wyvern is the name of Dragon's biological father.
Dragon really doesn't feel strongly about seeing his future, really. He can find Misko on his own, and he just plain doesn't like the idea of knowing what comes next in his life. Getting an idea on where to look for his dear old dad? Now that's something he can get behind. Besides, the sooner he can get to the guy, the sooner he can beat 'em up and drag 'em home. Maybe that'll bring comfort to the house.
Soon after saying this, though, he thought up of something that might help with properly confirming that she's his grandmother like she claims.

"...and if you wouldn't mind... Could you tell me a bit more about him? Like.. what he's like? Or what he was like?"

The answer should tell all! While anyone could answer the question, Dragon felt like a mother speaking about their child would be more.. distinct than any other person.
Even still, while he said this? Dragon lost the oomph he usually has in his voice. His eyes trailed downwards as he lost himself to thought. Despite the fact that he asked the question he started to think about what could've been said about his dear old Dad. There were plenty of possibities, and he wanted to try and gleam a potential answer with a bit of prior knowlege..
But he had none. Or.. not much.

Dragon never asked too much about his biological father while growing up. Mostly because he didn't even know the guy existed until the later years of his life. Even then, the only thing he asked for was the man's name. Because before.. there was no interest. At all. As far as he was concerned, he already had two loving parents, therefore he didn't need to concern himself with the other pair.

Now feels a little.. different.
Although he's on the hunt for the man, Dragon didn't leave home to find Wyvern He left for his own reasons. It's just that.. seeing the man again obviously means a lot to his foster father. Now, Dragon understands why.. on some level. The guy left what he can only assume to be a close friend without a word, never to be seen again for years on end. If it were him, he'd be concerned.. enraged and.. probably a fair bit disheartened too. For someone to leave someone else behind like they weren't a part of their lives for such a long time, you'd have to assume that they're a bad person.

...right?

That's what Dragon thinks, at least. He doesn't know enough about the guy to assume anything else. For all Dragon knows, Wyvern could be a really good guy at heart. He doesn't know if Wyvern intended to visit eventually.. like himself. Hell, maybe he wanted to be better to protect something dear to him? He could've left because something bad was happening far off, and he rushed off to help. Maybe he didn't come back because he can't! If so.. well, his wishes to beat the guy into a bloodly pulp will feel misplaced. But it'd probably be way easier to take 'em home to Lurelin.
Then again..
Maybe the dude left with the intent to hurt his friends and family. Maybe he's out there burning cities to the ground, ransacking ranches, or planning some kind of scheme that's on a scale much higher than he can realistically comprehend. In that case, He'd feel satisfied knocking the guy's teeth in, but it'd be a lot harder to bring 'em back to Lurelin. Then again, would it even be a happy reunion?

Now that the question of "What was he like" was raised, and he himself pondered on the two sides that an answer could point towards..

Dragon did not know what he wanted to hear.​

Garvii: Hatching a Plan

Perkins got a prideful look in his eye as Garvii asked him for help. It was true the antisocial hermit could wring Perkins out like an old rag, but that didn't stop the old man from commenting on the situation.

"Well, it seems you need my skills as much as I need yours, Garvii old boy. Come, and I will show you the way that conversation can be an asset as much as a sword," The now self-righteous Perkins made his way out the back of his cart with a little hop, moving surprisingly energetically for one so frail. He led Garvii over to the back of the Big Top where the open-air stables were. All the horses seemed in beautiful condition, and their wood shavings were neatly raked in their stalls.

There was quite a professional air about the grounds, the way it was cleared of rubbish and forest debree despite being outside. Garvii and Perkins then spotted the professional in question, the redheaded Hateno woman, finishing her last stall. The horse, tied up outside and out of the way, waved it's head up and down as the two approached. Almost to say hello, but more like how a dog acts cute to solicit treats.

"Aris! I'm sorry to interrupt your work day. Garvii has found a little more time on his hands to be social today, and wanted me to introduce the two of you. Garvii, you remember Aris I'm sure,"
Said Perkins motioning to the girl, "And far be it from me to keep two young kids from planning a date!"

Aris's eyes widened at the last words. Perkins smiled an oblivious old-man smile, having completely misread the situation. She blushed just a bit and suddenly looked much less playful and confident than she did the other day. She looked at the ground as she spoke, her voice shaking on the first word.

"Wow, after we first met I didn't think you were interested," She said, sheepishly chancing a glance upwards. Garvii wasn't good with people, but he could tell this much. Aris here sure was interested, if he wasn't.

Garvii seethed with sudden fury and gripped his side to avoid an outburst. He clenched his beak and shot a dirty look towards Perkins.

I will make you pay old man... he thought to himself.

He took a brief moment to regain composure and took a deep breath. Can't lose momentum now.

"Aris!" he said abruptly. "Perkins forgets himself of course... But! I was looking for you. and need your help" He tried to carve out a smile and a becoming face to assure her he was friendly. He gestured to his surroundings with a wide swinging wing.

"I can tell you are a consummate professional from the state of the grounds. Perhaps we could take a brief walk, I'd like to pick your brain about some ideas I have in the interest of the camp's safety and well being. What do you say?"

---
Charisma Roll: 18

Last edited:
Saife: Northern Woodland, Stalking and Sneaking

Saife walked along silently, her senses working perfectly to detect signs of life. What they shown her, however, was eerie. There were no animal tracks, nor birds singing in the atmosphere. The area was foreign to her, that much was true, but she'd been in the greener areas of Hyrule long enough to know this area should be teaming with life. The trees and plants were still lush and healthy, but the unnatural silence sent a chill up the spine of an experienced hunter.

The bokoblin had over-hunted the area. It had taken these last few days for Saife to come to this conclusion, but now she was sure of it. It led her to believe finding her prey would take some time, if she was to use that method as a distraction. Then, she got lucky. A single line of tracks led into the rockier part of the mountain she was on, boar tracks by her expert opinion. It was headed north-west, somewhat off the mark to the stable. Therefore she had to decide which trail to follow. Seek out help at the stable or stay alone and try and capture this boar.

As she strolled along making her decision, Saife noticed two swift violets growing on a cliff side. They were about 15 feet up. She would need to do a little climbing to claim her prize, but it was definitely within her grasp.

JayGreen JayGreen (roll athletics to grab swift violets)
Slow and quiet anger started bubbling up within Saife's chest. Empty. Overhunted.

When she first reached the grasslands, she felt spoiled. Birds singing everywhere, lizards scattering from under her feet, deer and horses. Hunting and foraging in the desert takes a lot of care and even more patience. She remembered carefully circling a handful of cacti, picking just enough voltfruit to bring home, but leave some to the animals, even when Noora sighed that they were always low on Electric Elixirs. Tracking birds and counting them to ensure she wasn't damaging the population. Even lizards had to be monitored.

How stupid and greedy do you have to be to wipe this green and lively a place?

She followed a track for a bit but as she listened to the eerie quiet of the forest, she decided to head for the stables. Didn't have it in her to damage the woodland even more. At least bokoblins didn't seem interested in plants.
Scanning the area with her eyes out of sheer habit, she noticed familiar splashes of purple. Swift violets. Her sister bought them from travellers and used for Swift Salves, which always sold wonderfully. Saife wasn't an alchemist like her, but maybe she could work with it or trade them at the stable.

She climbed up, finding a purchase on the rock, then jumped, trying to grab the violets with one quick motion...

Acrobatics - 13

Garvii: Woodland Stable, Trying His Best

Aris went through a mixture of emotions as Garvii went on. Though she couldn't tell exactly if they were still talking about a date, she obliged the bird man happily to go on a walk. He was so tall next to her as they walked, she noticed, and his feathers were such a wonderful maroon. She was certain she had never seen a creature so beautiful to look at, and yet so clearly uninterested in discussing romantics. Typical of every man I fancy, Aris thought to herself with a bittersweet humor.

"Are you planning to stay long, then?" Said Aris as they began their trek around the outskirts of the camp. "You're going through quite a bit of effort, and I'm certain Maul didn't offer you a reward," She said, exaggerating the Stable Leader's name to emphasize how ridiculous it would be to consider it, "He thinks a fair tip for my hunting is letting me keep the squirrel's teeth,"

Wernburger Wernburger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Fortune Teller's Tent, Spending Time With Grandma

"I am proud of you for answering so quickly, and with such confidence in your decision. When choosing what path we tread in life it is most important to have certainty, before anything else," There was a twinkle in Matilda's eye as she addressed her grandson across from her. As if she had been hoping he would say that, but her reputation demanded she remain neutral, "The last time I saw Wyvern, was two months ago when I first came to this stable. Sitting in that stool there. He didn't know I was here when he passed through, but he's always been such a sweet boy, so he stopped in to have tea with his momma of course," Matilda seemed to be reminiscing for a beat before continuing. She stared at Dragon with a warm smile, to see his reaction before continuing.

"To me, I mean. Wyvern has always been a sweet boy to his mother, but he can have a temper with others. When he was here he said he was heading to the Northern Tabantha Wilderness to hunt a Lionel. He seemed quite excited. When he was a boy, he saw your grandfather kill one in single combat. He wished every year on his birthday he would get the chance to slay one himself. Leviathan was so proud of him when he finally did. He was sixteen then. Wild as any bear you've ever met, and with the appetite to match. He hasn't changed a bit since then. That is the honest truth, Dragon. So if you intend to meet him, do not expect a father's proud hug. You're the third in a line of beast-men. Your father named you properly so that you'd always know that. You'll be faced with proving yourself to him, not unconditional love," Matilda was grave as she spoke of her son. Making no excuses for him, nor claiming him to be righteous for having this demeanor. She simply laid out the facts for her young warrior, but then the warm smile returned to her face in time.

"But here in this tent, you certainly have it my grandson. Would you like some tea?"

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Saife: Headed Towards the Stable

With her new ingredients firmly in her grasp, Saife was able to cover the remaining ground between her and the stable. She had barely made it up the cliff face without slipping, snagging the plants before losing her foothold. She landed deftly, however, so no harm no foul. The Stable looked equally foreign to her as the environment. The tents were largely similar to Gerudo made models, but their patterns were blocky whites-greens, and browns in different patches. The big-top center tent which doubled as both a boarding house and communal stable was a mass of timber and clothe much larger than she had ever seen. Only one tent did not match this menagerie, one colored with yellow triangles peppered over it's green base. Beside it was a cart pulled by donkeys, even stranger.

From Saife's guess, there were three families inhabiting the settlement. She was still several yards away from the border, and could easily remain hidden if she desired from this distance. On the closest border of the clearing, a Rito walked along with a Hylian Girl in green overalls. Again, more fabrics and styles, and people for that matter, Saife had never encountered.

The Rito was something she'd heard of but a walking bird person would be the most alien site present. After that, the Hylian was still new but not entirely to the Gerudo. Saife had the opportunity to ask directions from a few travelers up until this point, all Hylians from Hateno, therefore she recognized the girl's garb.

JayGreen JayGreen
Nephillim: Northern Woodland Roads, Almost to the Stable

Nephillim was about half a mile away from the Woodland Stable now, for no particular reason. After setting out on his journey, Nephillim had taken his time seeing all that Hyrule had to offer him along the path. Thus it had been about one and a half week since he left home. Coincidentally a few days after Dragon left on his own journey. Like Dragon, Nephillim had somewhat vague reasons for leaving on a journey. Simply wanting to find out why he was blessed with power, and perhaps how to use these abilities better. That was all. And such the young man moseyed along up the road north, for no other reason than it was the opposite direction to Lurelin.

And so here he was, on the road in the late afternoon in Northern Hyrule. Seeing the giant wicker horse head monument which was planted firmly on top of the Big Stable Tent. It winked at him through the trees. He knew it's kind from the last stable he visited, so that was nothing new. In fact, other than an occasional group of red bokoblins to dispose of, Nephillim's walking had been uneventful every day. He even learned at the Dueling Peaks Stable that Dragon had cleared out the biggest group of monsters in the area shortly before Nephillim passed through. How would an angsty orphan feel about such events passing?

chargingdenki chargingdenki

Garvii: Woodland Stable, Trying His Best

Aris went through a mixture of emotions as Garvii went on. Though she couldn't tell exactly if they were still talking about a date, she obliged the bird man happily to go on a walk. He was so tall next to her as they walked, she noticed, and his feathers were such a wonderful maroon. She was certain she had never seen a creature so beautiful to look at, and yet so clearly uninterested in discussing romantics. Typical of every man I fancy, Aris thought to herself with a bittersweet humor.

"Are you planning to stay long, then?" Said Aris as they began their trek around the outskirts of the camp. "You're going through quite a bit of effort, and I'm certain Maul didn't offer you a reward," She said, exaggerating the Stable Leader's name to emphasize how ridiculous it would be to consider it, "He thinks a fair tip for my hunting is letting me keep the squirrel's teeth,"

Garvii walked alongside Aris listening quietly to her questions and thoughts. It made him think back to his experience with the females of Rito Village.

The memory of Etra, the crush of his youth, flashed before his eyes. Her bright yellow plumage used to light up even the darkest of nights and her soft smile could soothe a rabid Lynel in all of its fury. Garvii had often dreamed of courting her. Then, the night of a village gathering by the moonlight came. His sister Pella sang beautifully in the assembled choir. What an honor. And there she stood, Etra, illuminated by the fire. Time slowed still as his rival Silva offered her a twisted garland and she accepted it gleefully.

It was that night that Garvii flew off in solitude to a secluded, canyon perch and roared into the emptiness of nature. His call echoed off the walls and returned to him. He did not recognize the sound. His eyes went red as he began crushing the rocks. His rage continued, unyielding for hours into the night until a small whimper caught his ear. He looked down in a huff to see it there. A small Korok that he had not noticed was crying. Its leg caught beneath rocky debris. It's wooden mask cracked down the middle. Garvii crumpled into a heap that night and slept alone until Pella found him and sang to him softly until the morning.

"Aris..." he began. "I can't know or promise to stay in one place too long. I don't belong amongst others yet." He paused, wondering if what he would say next would make sense to this girl. "I'm bound by something I cannot see. Shackled by invisible chains that pull me every direction but home. And, there's this raging violence within me. One that I cannot quell that seeks to destroy everything weak. Settlements like this. Groups. They shelter the weak and gather them together in a herd. It's no place for me."

Garvii continued.

"This effort I'm putting in. It's all of my own making. I must bring peace to these lands so that I may be at peace. It's a penance I must pay for being born this way and will do so gladly. Maul's indifference isn't unexpected. I once asked my own village elder for guidance and he said to me "Great Valoo ascended past the clouds by his own wings my child." A leader isn't concerned with the individual burdens of their people. And to be honest, I'm acting against these monsters because they are a threat. Simple as that. If your tribe here began overhunting or living out of step with the harmony of nature, you can bet I'd be on the other side. But now I'm getting of track..."

Garvii paused again and stopped walking. He looked into Aris' eyes and earnestly implored her. The shame of asking for help dug at his stomach but he powered through.

"Please Aris. Help me be free of my burden. Help your people as well. Will you work with me? Your hunting and animal expertise will be invaluable."

Dragon: Fortune Teller's Tent, Spending Time With Grandma

"I am proud of you for answering so quickly, and with such confidence in your decision. When choosing what path we tread in life it is most important to have certainty, before anything else," There was a twinkle in Matilda's eye as she addressed her grandson across from her. As if she had been hoping he would say that, but her reputation demanded she remain neutral, "The last time I saw Wyvern, was two months ago when I first came to this stable. Sitting in that stool there. He didn't know I was here when he passed through, but he's always been such a sweet boy, so he stopped in to have tea with his momma of course," Matilda seemed to be reminiscing for a beat before continuing. She stared at Dragon with a warm smile, to see his reaction before continuing.

"To me, I mean. Wyvern has always been a sweet boy to his mother, but he can have a temper with others. When he was here he said he was heading to the Northern Tabantha Wilderness to hunt a Lionel. He seemed quite excited. When he was a boy, he saw your grandfather kill one in single combat. He wished every year on his birthday he would get the chance to slay one himself. Leviathan was so proud of him when he finally did. He was sixteen then. Wild as any bear you've ever met, and with the appetite to match. He hasn't changed a bit since then. That is the honest truth, Dragon. So if you intend to meet him, do not expect a father's proud hug. You're the third in a line of beast-men. Your father named you properly so that you'd always know that. You'll be faced with proving yourself to him, not unconditional love," Matilda was grave as she spoke of her son. Making no excuses for him, nor claiming him to be righteous for having this demeanor. She simply laid out the facts for her young warrior, but then the warm smile returned to her face in time.

"But here in this tent, you certainly have it my grandson. Would you like some tea?"
"Two months ago, huh?"
That's.. around when he first left. Which is interesting, as it could be possible that they unknowingly crossed paths with one another. Perhaps, perhaps not.
Either way, hearing "he's always been such a sweet boy" pretty much confirmed it for him. He doubts that most others would ever refer to a grown man as a sweet boy aside from a mother. At least, that's a pattern he sees when mothers speak about their children in books, regardless of age. Therefore, Dragon nodded to himself, having "yup, this is the real deal" written all over his face.

Now listening to Matilda speak about Wyvern and the past.. he had a few mixed feelings. That temper was something to note, but the fact that his father killed a Lionel at sixteen made his jaw drop. Literally. He's head of Lionels and has definitely taken note of their strength. Before, they intimidated him, but in recent times, he'd be a liar if he said he'd run away when he saw one. The thought of fighting one excited him, regardless of if he would be able to take one down or now. In truth, Dragon didn't know how he felt about relating to Wyvern... at all. He decided to just call it a coincidence, this is probably where the similarities end, he's sure. What's the most important, is that Wyvern isn't a saint, which means Dragon'll still get the chance to punch the guy in the face and not feel bad about it. When it comes to the mention of unconditional love, Dragon closed his eyes and shook his head, he even smiled. As being told that he wasn't going to be met with a loving father's proud hug made him.. happy. Excited, even.
As the mention of needing to "prove" himself to someone who's as battle hungry as Wyvern seems to be told him that there was a fight to be had when they eventually met. There's no doubt that he's excited for that.

"I don't need to worry about that, I'm not really after his approval or anything, just wanna knock his noggin a bit and drag 'em back home."

After that, and the offer of tea, his smile grew and he relaxed a bit more. I mean, he felt absolutely zero reason to feel on edge anymore, so he might as well get comfortable.

"Yes, I'd love some tea. But... now that you brought him up, I gotta ask. What about Leviathan? Was he kinda the same as Wyvern? And is he still.. around?"

By "around" he means alive.​

Last edited:
Saife: Headed Towards the Stable

With her new ingredients firmly in her grasp, Saife was able to cover the remaining ground between her and the stable. She had barely made it up the cliff face without slipping, snagging the plants before losing her foothold. She landed deftly, however, so no harm no foul. The Stable looked equally foreign to her as the environment. The tents were largely similar to Gerudo made models, but their patterns were blocky whites-greens, and browns in different patches. The big-top center tent which doubled as both a boarding house and communal stable was a mass of timber and clothe much larger than she had ever seen. Only one tent did not match this menagerie, one colored with yellow triangles peppered over it's green base. Beside it was a cart pulled by donkeys, even stranger.

From Saife's guess, there were three families inhabiting the settlement. She was still several yards away from the border, and could easily remain hidden if she desired from this distance. On the closest border of the clearing, a Rito walked along with a Hylian Girl in green overalls. Again, more fabrics and styles, and people for that matter, Saife had never encountered.

The Rito was something she'd heard of but a walking bird person would be the most alien site present. After that, the Hylian was still new but not entirely to the Gerudo. Saife had the opportunity to ask directions from a few travelers up until this point, all Hylians from Hateno, therefore she recognized the girl's garb.

Saife knew that few people could even see her right, but she could feel the eyes on her.

She never was very social, preferring to keep to herself, tend her arrows, walk alone through the desert. Talking to most people was tiring. She felt like she had to keep vigilance around others, watch her words and expressions.

When she left, it got so much worse. She stuck out of every crowd. Both literally, standing a solid foot taller than everyone and figuratively, calling attention to herself with the distinct red of her hair and her bright clothing. People commented on her garments, on her jewelry, on her accent, pointed out the make of her weapons, kept telling her she was tall.

She almost regretted coming here.

Seeing a Rito was a relief. She wasn't the only odd one out. Saife decided to ask them about the stable.

She walked towards the couple, stood in front of them, took a deep breath and said in a somewhat stiffened voice.

"Hello. I am looking for a trader and a fighter, could you help me find someone?"

As she was looking at feather, slightly out of place on her helper's shoulder, she realised, that she was interrupting a conversation.

Goddess damn...

Nephillim: Northern Woodland Roads, Almost to the Stable

Nephillim was about half a mile away from the Woodland Stable now, for no particular reason. After setting out on his journey, Nephillim had taken his time seeing all that Hyrule had to offer him along the path. Thus it had been about one and a half week since he left home. Coincidentally a few days after Dragon left on his own journey. Like Dragon, Nephillim had somewhat vague reasons for leaving on a journey. Simply wanting to find out why he was blessed with power, and perhaps how to use these abilities better. That was all. And such the young man moseyed along up the road north, for no other reason than it was the opposite direction to Lurelin.

And so here he was, on the road in the late afternoon in Northern Hyrule. Seeing the giant wicker horse head monument which was planted firmly on top of the Big Stable Tent. It winked at him through the trees. He knew it's kind from the last stable he visited, so that was nothing new. In fact, other than an occasional group of red bokoblins to dispose of, Nephillim's walking had been uneventful every day. He even learned at the Dueling Peaks Stable that Dragon had cleared out the biggest group of monsters in the area shortly before Nephillim passed through. How would an angsty orphan feel about such events passing?

Nephillim had taken his time on his journey. He wasn’t in any particular rush. He was finally away from Lurelin and that was enough to give him a peace of mind. So he took his time. He enjoyed the sights. The peace and quiet. It was refreshing. He got to see many plants and animals that couldn’t be found in Lurelin. His discoveries were exciting in a way. None of this was new to the rest of the world. But it was new to him. That was all that mattered to him at the moment

Sadly all good things had to come to an end as he reached another stable. He looked forwards to being on the road again already. People were just so difficult to understand… Part of him wished his travels would be more eventful. He wouldn’t complain about the relative peace of course but it would be nice to be able to test the new dangers and see how adequately he could handle them

There should’ve been more fights along his path as he had learned. A Hylian by the name of Dragon had taken care of most though. Apparently from his village considering they took the same path. At first the name meant nothing to him. But upon further thought he remembered Dragon as the boy who had consistently bothered him. He didn’t care much why he was out here. He simply hoped they wouldn’t have to interact. He remembered Dragon by his large amounts of energy. Which were exhausting

Garvii: Woodland Stable Border

Aris looked a bit shocked, and there was an amount of pity in her eye as Garvii spoke of inner rage. The longer the Rito spoke, the more she realized the person before her had things on his mind deeper than young romance. Something far more tragic, and one might even say idealistic. Something Aris was quickly realizing she couldn't relate to, or understand. She admired his countenance for a moment longer before mustering up as much confidence as she could in herself.

"What exactly can I do to help by hunting?" She asked, "and before you explain, know that the woods here are in disrepair. I know where some prey is, but I would be terrified of what would happen if they were mistreated. A single family of boar is all that is here in this area of Hyrule now, and while the father could be hunted for bait he could still produce offspring next season. You can see why I'd be hesitant to give him up," Aris did want to help, truly, and clearly was one in tune with the environment herself to hold such insight.

That moment was exactly when Saife approached the two of them.

Wernburger Wernburger
Dragon: Matilda's Tent, Learning About His History

Matilda gave a dry laugh as Dragon spoke of knocking heads. She looked him up and down past the table, regarding him with an eyebrow up.

"You are not what he was at your age. If moving him more than an inch is what you want, I suggest you delay your meeting with him slightly longer," She said with all the mirth of a funeral. No longer was she a loving grandmother in those words, but a harsh realist. Then, she quickly switched back.

"But your Grandfather was even greater. I know I sound like an old woman droning about the good old days, and making up things where my memory doesn't serve me properly, but I swear it to you. Leviathan was a pirate king, who met two fishermen from Lurelin out on the open ocean. He had a fleet of three ships under his command, the likes of which Hyrule had not seen since before the Calamity. Apparently, there are lands far off from here whom have never felt a touch of Ganon's influenced. they exist oblivious to the destruction which overtook Hyrule, for they are all the way across the sea.

The sailors said that when Leviathan took his foot off of his own boat and put it on theirs, he nearly plunged it directly into the depths. They begged him to retreat as their longboat took on water. They swore his own massive ship tipped to one side as he hung off it's ladder. We all doubted their stories, until he showed up two days behind them with his fleet. Their sails shaded the whole village from the sun that day, Dragon. I saw that as clearly as I see you now. Leviathan stepped off of his great sailboat and sent his fleet away from him. He ordered them never to return. He had been enticed by our fisherman's stories of an untamed land lost to time. Wild at it's heart. He claimed to have conquered the seas of his homeland, Terminus, and now sought new adventure in Hyrule.

That is how I met him. I was a young and pretty witch at the time," Matilda chuckled heartily, "He would make trips into the village every couple of months with a kill and offer it to the elders for a place to sleep. They obliged most of the time, mainly because monsters wouldn't dare come near when he was around. He would casually call to anyone as we went about our work while he was taking his little vacations. He would ask about the local legends of the area, or sometimes where we knew of particularly strong creatures. Everyone always shuddered out of fright ats they spoke to him, but never I. I think that's why he took a liking to me. Oh, but goodness me! You didn't ask about your grandparent's wedding tale. Forgive an old woman, let me get your cup,"

She waived her hand over her tea kettle, and all of a sudden there was steam coming from it's spout. She then poured some of the purple colored liquid into a cup before Dragon on the table. He was not sure how it got there, or when. The Tea smelled just like blueberries.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Saife: Woodland Stable, Approaching Strangers

As Saife approached, Aris made a glance between her and Garvii. Saife would notice that while the redheaded Hylian girl was short per-usual, Garvii was actually about her same height. If not an inch taller. Aris quickly answered the woman, the likes of which she'd never seen before. Of course, she didn't want to be rude, so she would strive to be helpful.

"Right! The trader, Perkins, is actually in the camp right now! Just on the other side of the stables. His cart doubles as a storefront, because he's mobile! Garvii here is a warrior! He's Perkin's guard, they're staying in town just for a little while so Perkins can do business," Aris stopped herself, and looked apologetically at Garvii. She wasn't sure how much of his story she had the liberty to tell, and so immediately went silent at that point. Hoping internally she hadn't crossed a line.

Saife then noticed the very large sword on Garvii's back. She had heard they were more often archers, spear-men, or nimble swordsman like the Rito. Therefore one with only a two-handed great sword was an unexpected sight. Perhaps his bow was elsewhere. At the very least, this confirmed to her that he was a warrior indeed.

JayGreen JayGreen (Roll Insight to determine how strong Garvii is by looking at him)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nephillim: Woodland Stable, Just Getting Into Town

As Nephillim reached the newest leg of his journey, he noticed a huddle of tents similar to the ones he encountered before. Grayish linens with brown patchwork and detail. Sometimes green stitching. Earthy colors in all, including the largest ten in the center which sported the gigantic horse head. It doubled as the boarding house, Nephillim could see, as well as the stables for travelers' use. Only one tent stood out, one with a green base and yellow triangles patched all over it. Next to it was a cart with two donkeys tethered to it.

The surrounding area had become dense forest in this part of the North, with large pines the likes of which Nephillim had never seen. They were big, but not as gigantic as the ones in the jungle through which he had walked to get out of Lurelin. The air here was different. Crisp, and cold, unlike the damp warm climate of his homeland. It was impossible to see past the clearing except for the three paths leading into the camp. There were only three tents as well, denoting this camp was on the small side compared to some. That meant three families.

The local peoples were going about their day as Nephillim entered. There was an attendant at the boarding tent counter, as well as an old woman looking after a child outside one of the tents. The other inhabitants must be out working for the day. If the young Lurelinian wanted to find out how to get a job from the horsemen, he would have to talk to one of them.

chargingdenki chargingdenki (Roll Perception)

Garvii: Woodland Stable Border

Aris looked a bit shocked, and there was an amount of pity in her eye as Garvii spoke of inner rage. The longer the Rito spoke, the more she realized the person before her had things on his mind deeper than young romance. Something far more tragic, and one might even say idealistic. Something Aris was quickly realizing she couldn't relate to, or understand. She admired his countenance for a moment longer before mustering up as much confidence as she could in herself.

"What exactly can I do to help by hunting?" She asked, "and before you explain, know that the woods here are in disrepair. I know where some prey is, but I would be terrified of what would happen if they were mistreated. A single family of boar is all that is here in this area of Hyrule now, and while the father could be hunted for bait he could still produce offspring next season. You can see why I'd be hesitant to give him up," Aris did want to help, truly, and clearly was one in tune with the environment herself to hold such insight.

That moment was exactly when Saife approached the two of them.

Garvii wasn't quite ready to break focus with Aris. He hadn't exactly gotten an answer to his request. The newcomer's interjection caused a flare up of anger and he snorted with vexation ... he bowed his head after regaining composure and sighed deeply as Aris made introductions.

"Aris speaks true newcomer but you come at a inopportune time. I've tasked myself with putting together a force to drive out an evil hoard from this area and you've interrupted that important work."

He examined the tall woman with slight interest. She was an oddity like himself in Hylian camps.

"What do you call yourself large one? And why do you seek a warrior's aid?"

---------

Garvii roll history into the Gerudo: Roll 8
Garvii roll insight into Saife's battle capability: Roll 19

Dragon: Matilda's Tent, Learning About His History

Matilda gave a dry laugh as Dragon spoke of knocking heads. She looked him up and down past the table, regarding him with an eyebrow up.

"You are not what he was at your age. If moving him more than an inch is what you want, I suggest you delay your meeting with him slightly longer," She said with all the mirth of a funeral. No longer was she a loving grandmother in those words, but a harsh realist. Then, she quickly switched back.

"But your Grandfather was even greater. I know I sound like an old woman droning about the good old days, and making up things where my memory doesn't serve me properly, but I swear it to you. Leviathan was a pirate king, who met two fishermen from Lurelin out on the open ocean. He had a fleet of three ships under his command, the likes of which Hyrule had not seen since before the Calamity. Apparently, there are lands far off from here whom have never felt a touch of Ganon's influenced. they exist oblivious to the destruction which overtook Hyrule, for they are all the way across the sea.

The sailors said that when Leviathan took his foot off of his own boat and put it on theirs, he nearly plunged it directly into the depths. They begged him to retreat as their longboat took on water. They swore his own massive ship tipped to one side as he hung off it's ladder. We all doubted their stories, until he showed up two days behind them with his fleet. Their sails shaded the whole village from the sun that day, Dragon. I saw that as clearly as I see you now. Leviathan stepped off of his great sailboat and sent his fleet away from him. He ordered them never to return. He had been enticed by our fisherman's stories of an untamed land lost to time. Wild at it's heart. He claimed to have conquered the seas of his homeland, Terminus, and now sought new adventure in Hyrule.

That is how I met him. I was a young and pretty witch at the time," Matilda chuckled heartily, "He would make trips into the village every couple of months with a kill and offer it to the elders for a place to sleep. They obliged most of the time, mainly because monsters wouldn't dare come near when he was around. He would casually call to anyone as we went about our work while he was taking his little vacations. He would ask about the local legends of the area, or sometimes where we knew of particularly strong creatures. Everyone always shuddered out of 1fright ats they spoke to him, but never I. I think that's why he took a liking to me. Oh, but goodness me! You didn't ask about your grandparent's wedding tale. Forgive an old woman, let me get your cup,"

She waived her hand over her tea kettle, and all of a sudden there was steam coming from it's spout. She then poured some of the purple colored liquid into a cup before Dragon on the table. He was not sure how it got there, or when. The Tea smelled just like blueberries.
Dragon did not respond to Matilda's warning about taking on his father right away, primarily because be was a little caught off guard. She probably wasn't.. wrong. He's not against the idea of waiting a little longer, especially now that he has a better idea on what he's up against.
Even still, a majority of him wants to go try now, even if he's ill prepared. But he's not gonna make that known verbally, he figured that Matilda wouldn't be too keen to hear that.

Dragon listened to the story intently, and man oh man was it quite the listen.
While Dragon's jaw dropped when he heard that his Wyvern took out a Lionel at 16, that jaw might as well have fell through the floor when he heard that all it took was a stomp to sink an entire ship. He could barely believe it, and he was entirely captivated by the thought. His apparent size seemed to fit in line with the name, it seemed.
A pirate king.. a lot of him wished that he could speak directly to Leviathan right at this moment.. after, all, it sounded like there were so many stories to tell. So many potential tales that could very well be legendary in scale! A man who tilted his ship by merely hanging on a ladder.. he could barely imagine what that man was capable of. There were so many questions that welled up from the pits of his gut, but he kept it pushed down for now. After all, he didn't wish to be rude by interrupting or anything of the sort.

To think that he's a part of such a.. powerful family tree.
Once Matilda did finish speaking, Dragon merely gazed at his own hands for a moment, with his palms facing his own face. Those fingers of his curled and uncurled repeatedly. He wasn't on their level, at least not yet.. but damn if what he's hearing didn't convince him that he could get there eventually. Perhaps he'll never be on the level of dipping ships into the sea by standing, but he's sure that he's capable of reaching a level on-par with them. Perhaps even better. His hands closed into a tight fist, fingernails digging into his skin as the end of his lip curled just the slightest bit. He wont lie, He'd like to rush towards his end goal more than ever now. He's still got enough sense to not do it right away, but the temptation's there. He genuinely wants to see what his predecessor is capable of. He might not get to tussle with gramps, but if anything was getting him excited for a battle with Daddy dearest? This would definitely be it.

Although, he found it funny on how similar he seemed to be to both his father and grandfather, despite the fact that he's not a fan of the prior.

The smell of blueberries seemingly snapped the guy out of it. He uncurled his fists and wrapped them around the cup of tea, and held it up towards his face. He still had a few things he wanted to speak on, he's just collecting his thoughts is all. He absolutely didn't fail to give a "thank you very much" once this was the case.

Soon enough, he took a sip.
It tasted pretty good, no complaints from him, so he took another.
After doing so, he placed the tea back down and onto the table, as he didn't gulp it down since it wasn't cool.

"I never would've guessed that I came from someone so incredible.. Kinda crazy how he wasn't mentioned to me before now." There was a pause, so Dragon could take another sip of tea. "Then again I never really asked, so there's that." There was another pause for a tea sip. This stuff was good, he cannot deny. The tea did soothe his excitement a fair bit and gave him a few more moments to ponder. While he didn't inherit the raw strength that his father and grandfather sported.. at least not on the same level as them, perhaps their blood is the reason why he's capable of wielding the blue flame.. since apparently he's the only one in a long time to be able to do so. It sure did make sense to him. "I appreciate you answering my questions... a lot. A whole lot, so thank you!"

Yes, he is rather grateful for the story time. Zero doubts about that.​

Nephillim: Woodland Stable, Just Getting Into Town

As Nephillim reached the newest leg of his journey, he noticed a huddle of tents similar to the ones he encountered before. Grayish linens with brown patchwork and detail. Sometimes green stitching. Earthy colors in all, including the largest ten in the center which sported the gigantic horse head. It doubled as the boarding house, Nephillim could see, as well as the stables for travelers' use. Only one tent stood out, one with a green base and yellow triangles patched all over it. Next to it was a cart with two donkeys tethered to it.

The surrounding area had become dense forest in this part of the North, with large pines the likes of which Nephillim had never seen. They were big, but not as gigantic as the ones in the jungle through which he had walked to get out of Lurelin. The air here was different. Crisp, and cold, unlike the damp warm climate of his homeland. It was impossible to see past the clearing except for the three paths leading into the camp. There were only three tents as well, denoting this camp was on the small side compared to some. That meant three families.

The local peoples were going about their day as Nephillim entered. There was an attendant at the boarding tent counter, as well as an old woman looking after a child outside one of the tents. The other inhabitants must be out working for the day. If the young Lurelinian wanted to find out how to get a job from the horsemen, he would have to talk to one of them.

chargingdenki chargingdenki (Roll Perception)
Nephillim carefully surveyed the area. Nothing to put off the ordinary. It was a small town, seemingly not with many people. He took that as a good thing. That meant less interaction he had to go through, which was always a good thing. It only looked like 3 families. But there would still be other people visiting and whatnot. Annoyances. He could easily locate the boarding house and the stables, the biggest tent visible. He took careful note of the remaining tent. He wasn’t sure what that was for exactly. He’d just be wary of it

He didn’t like how thick the forest was, he didn’t mind the cold so much though. It felt different. He wanted different. Sadly different meant he had to work too. He needed to find work in this area. He sighed inwardly as he walked towards the boarding tent to speak to the attendant. Hopefully he could find more independent work. Not even just for his own comfort, he’d found that he worked better on his own. He could work with others, it just didn’t run as smoothly

He stepped up to the attendant as he pulled out coin from his pack. He needed a place to stay. He’d pay for a few days quarters and try to slip work into the conversation. Good plan. He cleared his throat and briefly messed with the coin pouch he was holding “Do you have any spaces open for a few days?”

(Perception: 9 (+5) = 14)

Saife: Woodland Stable, Approaching Strangers

As Saife approached, Aris made a glance between her and Garvii. Saife would notice that while the redheaded Hylian girl was short per-usual, Garvii was actually about her same height. If not an inch taller. Aris quickly answered the woman, the likes of which she'd never seen before. Of course, she didn't want to be rude, so she would strive to be helpful.
A warrior indeed. Saife's eyes lingered on the sword and the bird man's physique. A little unusual choice of weapons, but she herself wasn't exactly wielding a glaive.

And both are rather straight to the point. She appreciated it.
First she turned to the Hylian girl and lowered her head in a short bow.

"Thank you, vai. You are very helpful"

"What do you call yourself large one? And why do you seek a warrior's aid?"
She turned to the Rito– Garvii.

"My name is Saife. I am a huntress," - as she said it, she stood a little straighter - "There is a Moblin in nearby woods. A large one, with a big camp of bokoblins and sneaky as well. I want to attack their camp, but I need assistance."

She was keeping her voice and her back straight and looking at his face. Appearing strong and confident, keeping her words few, but not too few to understand. She was starting to feel a familiar tension in her hands and shoulders and reminded herself that if something went wrong, she would never see those people again.

Insight - 16

Saife and Garvii: Sizing Each Other Up

Two warriors of a natural kin met behind the stables this day. As they conversed, each one made their senses keener. Looking each other in the eye, but letting their periphery soften as if in battle. The two could tell much about one another, and their respective instincts flared. Garvii felt he was standing across from an ambush predator, and Saife saw the spirit of a ravenous beast inside of the Rito.

As Garvii attempted to remember what he could about the Gerudo from the Chief, he wasn't having much luck. Other than they lived in a desert and were a race of all women.

Aris gave a warm smile to Saife as she thanked her for the information. Then as Saife spoke, her eyes seemed to sparkle with wonderment. Aris considered herself a hunter as well, but it's quite the huntress that speaks of a Moblin as her mark. If ever Aris had met a role model in her life, this person was it in her mind. Now, because of this fact, she turned sheepish. She remained quiet and patiently watched to see what kind of exchange might take place between two denizens of the wildlands.

Wernburger Wernburger JayGreen JayGreen
Dragon: Matilda's Tent, Wrapping Up Storytime

"Yes, that would be your adoptive father at work. He suggested that you be left unawares. So as not to pressure you to follow in their footsteps. He claimed that if it was what your heart truly desired he wouldn't stop you from setting out on your own journey through the wilds. So, it seems he was a man of his word. Quite the good father, too, by the manners you have my grandson," Matilda beamed at him a moment more, and then sighed. "Leviathin isn't 'around'. Like you asked. One day he left and didn't come back. I assume he died in battle to some menace, no doubt with a grisly smile," Matilda seemed quite sad at this last thought,

"Your father told me he never found him, but he promised he would give him a proper burial if he did. I'm sure he'll find him eventually," There was a moment's silence, for the sake of Leviathan, "Well, don't spend your whole afternoon listening to an old woman chattering away, Dragon. Go plan where you're off to next!" She said mischievously at the end,

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Nephillim: Woodland Stable, Checking In

"We have all vacancies, actually," Said a middle aged woman at the counter. Her hair was red and she wore the usual garb of Hateno, "It's twenty rupees for a night! Are you here with the other gentlemen from Lurelin? I can prepare a bed for each of you!" Said the attendant kindly.

As Nephillim was having his conversation, his ears picked a conversation from the back side of the boarding tent. He heard two voices with dialects he didn't recognize having a conversation themselves. It was a first for Nephillim, to hear anything other than standard Hylian.

Garvii felt his heartbeat increase and held his gaze with Saife, unwilling to show any weakness. He knew that in nature, the initial encounter meant everything and there were no second chances at a first impression. Acknowledging her prowess, he cocked his head slightly and exhaled to steady his raising adrenaline.

She claims to be here for a monster quarry. Convenient if true.

"Very well huntress. Do tell. this monster camp you speak of. What makes you think it can be won through an assault? Most would claim such an act to be impossible. The young Aris and I were just discussing proper defensive measures. But you seem to be familiar with the beasts. How is this so? You seem to be fully intact meaning you've either never fought this Moblin or are extremely lucky."

It was a subtle challenge. Garvii meant to feel out Saife's conviction and character and wasn't one for playing nice. He was hopeful that her interests would align with his. Her strength would be a an asset either way and had to admit to himself that he was not well suited to convince others through diplomacy.

Dragon: Matilda's Tent, Wrapping Up Storytime

"Yes, that would be your adoptive father at work. He suggested that you be left unawares. So as not to pressure you to follow in their footsteps. He claimed that if it was what your heart truly desired he wouldn't stop you from setting out on your own journey through the wilds. So, it seems he was a man of his word. Quite the good father, too, by the manners you have my grandson," Matilda beamed at him a moment more, and then sighed. "Leviathin isn't 'around'. Like you asked. One day he left and didn't come back. I assume he died in battle to some menace, no doubt with a grisly smile," Matilda seemed quite sad at this last thought,

"Your father told me he never found him, but he promised he would give him a proper burial if he did. I'm sure he'll find him eventually," There was a moment's silence, for the sake of Leviathan, "Well, don't spend your whole afternoon listening to an old woman chattering away, Dragon. Go plan where you're off to next!" She said mischievously at the end,
Dragon took another sip of tea while Matilda spoke of his adoptive father. He didn't cast any doubt over it, primarily because he could've inferred that one based on the talk they had before he left out. Even so, hearing it from someone else added a cool sense of closure to that. Once he got an answer on Leviathan's fate, all Dragon did was place the teacup down, placed his hands down on his lap, and then hung his head. No words no nothin', a moment of silence, as is customary.

Now when that was over, Dragon raised his head.. and an eyebrow. Plan where he's off next?
"....oh. OH, oh yeah! I forgot, I'm supposed to be getting digging stuff, stakes, and people! I forgot about it all!"
Dragon hastily got out of his seat, and was probably about to leave.. but before he got far, he grasped the teacup and lifted it up and over his head. Guzzling the drink down, despite it still being pretty hot. After he finished, he closed his eyes and scrunched up his face. Yeah it burned a bit, but he's done stuff like this before, he can handle it. After the fact, he placed it back down and onto the table. Gently, he did not slam it.

"Thanks again, for your hospitality, and for the stories. I'll probably come by again before I leave the area for good. To make up for lost time a little bit, y'know?"

From there? He waved and took his leave. Now it's time for him to get a lay of the land, and explore the woodland stable proper. Once outside of the tent, though? He saw a familiar face. At first, he was trying to land on who it was, and he squinted as he stared ahead. After not long, it hit him, he does know this person! Not his name.. at all, but he's pretty sure he's seen the back of that head before. There's only one way to know for sure though, and that's to go over and say hi. Therefore, he pat Major on the back and had his horse pal follow 'em as he approached the Stable's counter. What he'd do on his way? Why.. wave, of course.
Dragon's hand was raised high in the air, and waving back and forth, as he called out to the guy who he vaguely remembered. He's sure he'll remember quite clearly once he sees a face properly.

"Hey!! You!! Remember me!?"

It's.. not really a direct greeting, by far. After all, he doesn't know a name. But, if he's seeing who he thinks he's seeing, he's sure the reaction to his yelling will be quite telling. Nothin' more, nothin' less.​

Last edited:
Nephillim: Woodland Stable, Checking In

"We have all vacancies, actually," Said a middle aged woman at the counter. Her hair was red and she wore the usual garb of Hateno, "It's twenty rupees for a night! Are you here with the other gentlemen from Lurelin? I can prepare a bed for each of you!" Said the attendant kindly.

As Nephillim was having his conversation, his ears picked a conversation from the back side of the boarding tent. He heard two voices with dialects he didn't recognize having a conversation themselves. It was a first for Nephillim, to hear anything other than standard Hylian.

Nephillim quickly pulled out the 20 rupees that it cost and handed them to the woman. He only just barely had enough. As usual. He wasn’t aiming to be rich or anything. He only needed just enough to keep him alive. Hence, why he needed to find more work. He kept his face neutral though. He didn’t feel like having some random attendant knowing he was short on currency. He wanted neutral treatment

She seemed nice enough. Fairly common clothing. Another gentleman from Lurelin? He wasn’t sure who that was. He didn’t keep up to date on who was where in his village. “We’re here separately. Thank you though. Do you know of anyone looking for work in this area by chance?” That wasn’t as smooth as he would’ve liked. But he’d run with it. It could’ve been worse.

He heard the distant conversation and tilted his head slightly as he tried to place the language. He didn’t recognize it though. He was getting further from Lurelin though, he’d need to get used to different languages soon enough. The two talking might be from further away too. He’d try to get a look at them on his way back. It would be interesting to see different species if that was the case

He was ripped out of his thoughts by a painfully familiar voice. That would be the other gentleman from Lurelin she had mentioned. Of course it was him. He turned his head around briefly, just enough to confirm that it was Dragon he was hearing. It was. He chose to ignore it and return his attention to the attendant. Now she’d think he was a liar because he knew Dragon wouldn’t just leave him alone like anyone normal

Garvii felt his heartbeat increase and held his gaze with Saife, unwilling to show any weakness. He knew that in nature, the initial encounter meant everything and there were no second chances at a first impression. Acknowledging her prowess, he cocked his head slightly and exhaled to steady his raising adrenaline.

She claims to be here for a monster quarry. Convenient if true.

"Very well huntress. Do tell. this monster camp you speak of. What makes you think it can be won through an assault? Most would claim such an act to be impossible. The young Aris and I were just discussing proper defensive measures. But you seem to be familiar with the beasts. How is this so? You seem to be fully intact meaning you've either never fought this Moblin or are extremely lucky."

It was a subtle challenge. Garvii meant to feel out Saife's conviction and character and wasn't one for playing nice. He was hopeful that her interests would align with his. Her strength would be a an asset either way and had to admit to himself that he was not well suited to convince others through diplomacy.
Saife relaxed at the question, missing the challenge. Talking to people was difficult, but talking about things she knew? Much easier.

"Well. I haven't fought this particular beast before, that is true. I stalked it for a while. He employs bokoblins who hunt for him. Moblins are powerful but lack finesse and intelligence. What one lacks in pure power, one can make up in tactics. In an ambush and equipped with right weapons - clubs are out of the question, but your sword will do fine - we can strike fast, disorient him, maybe take him out before he rages. Even if we're not fast enough, we can try getting out of the way and switch to ranged weapons, while he rages at bokoblins around him. The other thing is I suspect he's out of practice. All the time I spent watching out for him, he never left camp. Moblins are not the fastest of foes in the best of shapes, this one is likely slow and inaccurate.

My problem in particular is the bokoblins. There's always guard and I need someone to distract it, before we get to the main monster."4

She looked up and couldn't read an expression on the unfamilliar beaked face. She got carried away, she felt.

"So, that's the basics," - she said slower, in a slightly apologetic tone, - "Will you join me?"

Garvii relaxed a few muscles seeing Saife was knowledgeable and answered him straight on. She stayed composed as well when he challenged her information. This boded well for the short term and as far as companions went, this one seemed to be tolerable.

“I think … we can work together. I have no love of these fiends and I’m in the market for capable fighters. The bokoblins are the part of the issue I was working on already. If the remaining issue is one blowhard of a Moblin, I’m less concerned. I have a contact gathering supplies for what I’m hoping will be traps that will thin out the horde. Before we make our move.”

Garvii drew his sword and planted it into the dirt. It was something he did often when meeting travelers to intimidate them but here it was meant to show a call to action. He gripped the pommel with both wings and nodded his head.

“I look forward to our victory.”

Nephillim quickly pulled out the 20 rupees that it cost and handed them to the woman. He only just barely had enough. As usual. He wasn’t aiming to be rich or anything. He only needed just enough to keep him alive. Hence, why he needed to find more work. He kept his face neutral though. He didn’t feel like having some random attendant knowing he was short on currency. He wanted neutral treatment

She seemed nice enough. Fairly common clothing. Another gentleman from Lurelin? He wasn’t sure who that was. He didn’t keep up to date on who was where in his village. “We’re here separately. Thank you though. Do you know of anyone looking for work in this area by chance?” That wasn’t as smooth as he would’ve liked. But he’d run with it. It could’ve been worse.

He heard the distant conversation and tilted his head slightly as he tried to place the language. He didn’t recognize it though. He was getting further from Lurelin though, he’d need to get used to different languages soon enough. The two talking might be from further away too. He’d try to get a look at them on his way back. It would be interesting to see different species if that was the case

He was ripped out of his thoughts by a painfully familiar voice. That would be the other gentleman from Lurelin she had mentioned. Of course it was him. He turned his head around briefly, just enough to confirm that it was Dragon he was hearing. It was. He chose to ignore it and return his attention to the attendant. Now she’d think he was a liar because he knew Dragon wouldn’t just leave him alone like anyone normal
There was no verbal response it seemed, which was.. extremely expected. He wasn't surprised, it's not like he normally gets one until he goes up close. Besides, he still hasn't seen a face yet, so he can't REALLY know for sure until he does, infact, see it. So what does he do? He continues on, wide waving and saying "Hey!!" rather loudly about three times as he continued to approach. While he didn't consider the idea of him being ignored, if this is the guy he thinks he is, then he'd expect it. He was still leading Major, can't leave his trusty steed behind now can he?

Now, he too was standing at the Stable's Counter. Dragon brought Major to a halt, waved at the attendant a little bit as a silent hello, and THEN he focused on the other Hylian who was at the counter. Lo and behold, it was Nephillim! A... friendly? Familiar. A familiar face! Now that's rather cool. A smile showed up on his face, as he did get a slight bit excited to see the other forest kid of his hometown.

"Oh wow! Somehow your lack of a response just TOLD me it was you! What a coincidence! It's nice to see you again, but I sure didn't expect to do so this far away from Lurelin. How was the trip for you?"​

Garvii relaxed a few muscles seeing Saife was knowledgeable and answered him straight on. She stayed composed as well when he challenged her information. This boded well for the short term and as far as companions went, this one seemed to be tolerable.

“I think … we can work together. I have no love of these fiends and I’m in the market for capable fighters. The bokoblins are the part of the issue I was working on already. If the remaining issue is one blowhard of a Moblin, I’m less concerned. I have a contact gathering supplies for what I’m hoping will be traps that will thin out the horde. Before we make our move.”

Garvii drew his sword and planted it into the dirt. It was something he did often when meeting travelers to intimidate them but here it was meant to show a call to action. He gripped the pommel with both wings and nodded his head.

“I look forward to our victory.”
Saife took her bow off her back and gently balanced it on the ground to mirror Garvii's gesture. She wasn't sure if it was a Rito tradition, but it seemed meaningful to the warrior before her.

"Thank you," - she said, - "I'm looking forward to it as well. I will bring my best shot to our hunt, and help in other ways as I can."

She lowered head in respect, not quite bowing but acknowledging the new partnership forming. Garvii seemed to be a direct person and the one who valued actions more than words. This pleased her in a hunting partner.

"May I ask who your companion is? And you," - she turned to the Hylian - "What is your name, vai, and will you be joining us as well?"

There was no verbal response it seemed, which was.. extremely expected. He wasn't surprised, it's not like he normally gets one until he goes up close. Besides, he still hasn't seen a face yet, so he can't REALLY know for sure until he does, infact, see it. So what does he do? He continues on, wide waving and saying "Hey!!" rather loudly about three times as he continued to approach. While he didn't consider the idea of him being ignored, if this is the guy he thinks he is, then he'd expect it. He was still leading Major, can't leave his trusty steed behind now can he?

Now, he too was standing at the Stable's Counter. Dragon brought Major to a halt, waved at the attendant a little bit as a silent hello, and THEN he focused on the other Hylian who was at the counter. Lo and behold, it was Nephillim! A... friendly? Familiar. A familiar face! Now that's rather cool. A smile showed up on his face, as he did get a slight bit excited to see the other forest kid of his hometown.

"Oh wow! Somehow your lack of a response just TOLD me it was you! What a coincidence! It's nice to see you again, but I sure didn't expect to do so this far away from Lurelin. How was the trip for you?"​
Nephillim felt himself further tense as the shouts continued, and more importantly got closer. That meant Dragon was coming over here. Of course. He couldn’t just do things on his own apparently. Now the attendant definitely thought he had been lying. And he hadn’t even gotten an answer to his question yet. Dragon was clearly lacking in social protocol. Hell he avoided any social interactions and he had picked up on a few things. For example: It’s rude to interrupt a conversation

This was a pain to deal with. He smiled tensely at the attendant before begrudgingly turning his attention to Dragon. He’d explain to her later. That he hadn’t known it was Dragon who was here from Lurelin. It was the truth after all. As he focused on Dragon he noticed the horse he was leading. That information didn’t really help him much but it was still good to take note of

He took a minute to sort through the mess of what Dragon was saying. It was like word vomit. What was the need to talk that much? Most of that he didn’t need to respond to. Just the last part “Fine” The trip was fine. Dragon could figure out that was what he had meant. After years of translating his minimalistic speech he would hope so at least

Garvii, Dragon, and Saife: Royal Guard Training Camp, in Position

The afternoon had gone by swiftly as the new trio worked. Together, the were able to create a wide perimeter around the camp with their traps. Just far enough into the woods so that their work was not noticed, but not so far that they could not properly lead their prey. Garvii dug five pits, while Saife and dragon each dug two. Spikes traps just right for three or four Bokoblins if they got lucky enough. Now all that was left, was to decide who would be the bait. Then once they clashed with the main group, they should scatter enough to be caught and picked off. That was the heroes' hope anyways!

They were doing well to mask their presence, amongst a tight bushel of trees. They were having a meeting to discuss the aforementioned planning. By Saife's scouting, there was one hunting party of maybe five or six out of the main herd. An inconvenience, to be sure, but nothing they couldn't handle if they came back. So everything could continue as planned.

The horde of monsters were the same as Saife and Garvii remembered, though this had been the first time Dragon spied it while they were out. They passed by it briefly for his benefit before retreating back into the woods to build traps. He had never seen a Moblin before that moment, and the though of such a large foe was the next best thing to fighting Wyvern right now. One imagines he whistled while he worked, given the thought.

Wernburger Wernburger Just_Dragon Just_Dragon JayGreen JayGreen

Nephilim had sauntered around town, asking for work from everyone he passed. They all disclosed that they had no work to spare, all except the young redheaded girl cleaning the stalls.

"I'll tell ya what, Nephillim. I don't feel like finishing my work today, so you're in luck! You finish cleaning these last three stalks and I'll give you my last hour's pay. That's five rupees, deal?" She said in a jolly manner. She was pretty, and looked a lot like the middle aged woman whom had checked him in upon arrival, "The name's Aris, by the way!"

Aris had motioned to the stalls, which were in fact horse stalls. With fresh, hot, steaming piles of horse manure. She happily shoved a pitch fork towards Nephillim, and hopped up onto a barrel to sit and oversee his new duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back