• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hyrule Hunters (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Oro: Woodland Stable, Bartering

The old woman's eyes widened as she heard the Scrub's intent in her mind. The child giggled a bit in feeling the sensation of Oro's adventurous spirit. The woman looked amazed, and then saddened by Oro's request.

"I'm sorry forest dweller," Said the old woman with a bit of frailty in her voice, "I'm afraid the only people who could help you with a problem like that are the Horsemen, and you just missed them. They've all headed east for Akkala to found a new stable. Even if you did, I'm afraid you'd need rupees to hire them, not mushrooms. Everyone else here are settlers, just as helpless in front of those monsters as your family you described. I am sorry, but you are welcome to stay in our tent while you're here at our settlement. You don't seem to take up too much room,"

The child silently accepted her ball from Oro and marveled at their wooden exterior, pondering what just transpired. The woman smiled warmly and continued to console Oro.

"There may be others, besides the Horsemen though, who could pass through. Many strange faces have been about recently. Just yesterday there was a man here who said he was a monster hunter, but he's likely well into Tabantha by now if he stuck to his plan. We would have pointed him straight to your problem if we had known those things were up on the mountain. There's also an old soothe-sayer visiting, see there?" The Grandmother pointed to the far end of the stable, where a tent of similar construction to the rest sat slightly apart from it's kin. It had a different clothe, however, of much brighter colors.

Orange, with red trim and a yellow triangle pattern around the top. Certainly unique against the cream-colored burlap the other family tents were made of. In addition, a strange purple smoke unnaturally curled and spiraled from it's top. Oro could tell at once something was off about it, but not entirely sure what other than it's clear defying of physics. Outside, a small cart led by two donkeys rested with nothing in it.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos (Roll Arcane)

Horsemen? Oro's imagination excitedly teemed with ideas of gallant knights who were half horse and roamed the plains that they'd only just seen. To think there could've been such wonders just outside of their home only days ago excited them just as much as it began to take away some hope. Without these travelers or that monster slayer, they worried there'd be nothing they could do about the encampment. Their expression and energy faded from that of cheeriness and curiosity. The gravity of the situation slowly fell upon them. By the time they'd mentioned that help would've been easily gotten if only they'd been here sooner, Oro's head was pointed to the ground in defeat.

Their voice was the same but carried a different tone, sadder, "Ah I see, thank you-"

As their quiet message was half transmitted, they perked up slightly once the Grandmother mentioned a gifted person staying nearby. Someone who could look beyond the veil of dreams, half truths, magic, and reality to times yet to come. A person that carried prophecy like the hags and cursed individuals of legends that even in the forests were carried in scraps and pieces. Their overwhelming sense of failure was cut somewhat by the wonder they felt while looking at this colorful tent and curious smoke.

Oro turned back to the two with some of that spark reignited. It was sure that their hopes to find some great story-like adventure and quest were dashed. However, a certain bounce in Oro's step made it even clearer that if they couldn't find one, they'd make one.

Without another word, the young scrub sprung up and after a short set of thankful bows to the two began to walk towards the tent. They then stopped themselves and went back for a second. Back towards the child that'd been so intrigued and excited by them. Their hand reached back into the pouch while the other grabbed a bit of soil from nearby. Oro held out the small pile of dirt and placed a seed in it.

Joy radiated in every word they spoke while facing the child. "Sorry, I meant to respond to your question too. I'd love to be friends, please take this as a sign of this new friendship. Take good care of them!"

Oro focused some of their forest magic into their palm. The dirt gave a soft green glow and shook slightly as magic flowed through it. Eventually, the small sprout of the seed broke through the mound. A slight glow emanated from the plant for some seconds before it dispersed and they handed the plant over to the child.

With that taken care of, they turned back to quickly walk towards the mesmerizing tent. Something about that smoke had caught their attention before and still, their eyes wandered back to it. All the while, they felt something bizarre about the tent in general. They tried their best to see if they could understand what this was.

(Cast Druidcraft for seed)
Aracana Roll: 4

Garvii: Northern Roads, Woodlands

"I... Well... Sure... I'm not sure if I've already rubbed you the wrong way Garvii, but I'm still glad to have you along," Said the saddened old man, leaning back against the short driver's seat of the cart. He kept the same steady crawl going as Garvii made his way more to the edge of the path to forage. Under a small oak happened to be what Garvii recognized as two Stamella Mushrooms. While walking as well, he happened to notice a distant rustleing, as well as a shadow in the underbrush far past the treeline.

Perhaps this motivated him to take off. Once the Rito was above the trees he could see just how wooded the area was. Still, every canopy has it's window's onto the forest floor. Garvii knew where to look, and saw flashes of gray fur within the woodland portals. Three different wolves, at least, trekking parallel ahead and behind of the cart. Garvii's keen senses were sure of it.

In the distance on their route was the stable, about half a mile still to go. To the northeast in the same direction, was a much thicker and larger forest the likes of which Garvii had never laid eyes on. During his time as a chick, Garvii could remember stories the Elder would tell about the Great Hyrule Forest and the magical races who lived there. The Goddess had made them much closer to the fairies than she had the Rito, the Elder used to say. That much was apparent to Garvii by their very domicile, which seemed to appeal to an inner wildness Garvii had in his heart.

Wernburger Wernburger Gain Stamella Mushroom x2 (combining two of these with a normal ingredient allows the user to swing their weapon one extra time per battle, as if they had action surge)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Victorious

As Dragon struck down the last of his foes, his foot nearly imploded the monster's chest. And yet, despite his newfound strength, something didn't sit right with his instincts. These creatures were savages. Durable, and not afraid of death almost entirely. Even the other Bokoblins Dragon had faced on the roads and in the valley had never come this close to killing him. This was the first time Dragon had felt it himself. Death's cold finger tapping him on the shoulder, letting him know how close he was. The midst of battle, which was normally nothing but a rush for the warrior, had for a mere moment been scary.

"A fine performance," Said a voice behind Dragon. It came from the direction Dragon had when he entered the valley. Not only that, but Dragon couldn't quite tell if he heard it or felt it. When the young man from Lurelin turned around, he would see a somewhat equally frightening sight. A man sat before him on nothing but air. His body was withered, and frail looking, in lotus position with his hands on his knees. His clothes were white, and thin. Not fit for traveling. He had no shirt either, which showed his gray skin across his whole torso. Covering his face was a clothe with an eye-like symbol. Still, Dragon got the impression he was making eye contact through the clothe mask. Blue sparks flew off of his body occasionally, as if he were a campfire being stoked, "It seems I won't have waisted my time with this little stunt.

I am Lakna Rokee. I am a monk of the Shiekah. Whether or not you know what that means is inconsequential, I need you to rest a moment and listen. Then you can go help that Kokiri with the guy who was going to rob you," The corpse-like monk pointed in the direction of the carts, on the other side of which Dragon could indeed hear voices in conversation now that things had gone quiet, "There are Dark Forces rising in Hyrule. Forces other than The Calamity Itself. That is all I know. You are one of the first Hylians to be born since the Calamity to have the potential to use the Blue Flame. We Shiekah first held this gift long ago. It is aura. Life Energy itself given form. One must perfectly connect their mind and body to harness it truly.

We studied it's full extent once at our height. Used it to power our innovation. Even now, it sustains us in our shrines, thousands of years after we were driven into hiding. We wait for the Hero of Legend to awake from his slumber, but that time is still quite far off. Hyrule still needs protectors, even so, as it always has. I call to you now, Young Warrior from Lurelin. Allow me to give you our ancient gift, and use it to protect Hyrule wherever you see fit," The Monk did not seem to be begging, more so genuinely offering. He also had made no mention of an exchange, so Dragon had to choose whether or not to take this offer at face value.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (roll investigation)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oro: Woodland Stable, Bartering

The old woman's eyes widened as she heard the Scrub's intent in her mind. The child giggled a bit in feeling the sensation of Oro's adventurous spirit. The woman looked amazed, and then saddened by Oro's request.

"I'm sorry forest dweller," Said the old woman with a bit of frailty in her voice, "I'm afraid the only people who could help you with a problem like that are the Horsemen, and you just missed them. They've all headed east for Akkala to found a new stable. Even if you did, I'm afraid you'd need rupees to hire them, not mushrooms. Everyone else here are settlers, just as helpless in front of those monsters as your family you described. I am sorry, but you are welcome to stay in our tent while you're here at our settlement. You don't seem to take up too much room,"

The child silently accepted her ball from Oro and marveled at their wooden exterior, pondering what just transpired. The woman smiled warmly and continued to console Oro.

"There may be others, besides the Horsemen though, who could pass through. Many strange faces have been about recently. Just yesterday there was a man here who said he was a monster hunter, but he's likely well into Tabantha by now if he stuck to his plan. We would have pointed him straight to your problem if we had known those things were up on the mountain. There's also an old soothe-sayer visiting, see there?" The Grandmother pointed to the far end of the stable, where a tent of similar construction to the rest sat slightly apart from it's kin. It had a different clothe, however, of much brighter colors.

Orange, with red trim and a yellow triangle pattern around the top. Certainly unique against the cream-colored burlap the other family tents were made of. In addition, a strange purple smoke unnaturally curled and spiraled from it's top. Oro could tell at once something was off about it, but not entirely sure what other than it's clear defying of physics. Outside, a small cart led by two donkeys rested with nothing in it.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos (Roll Arcane)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rola: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Making Threats

The hair on the back of Misko's neck stood on end as he noticed the tip of the blade in the corner of his vision. It had been a long time since anything had snuck up on him. Hylian, animal, or monster. And now here he was, with no idea who could be holding him at the point of a sword. He was almost sure, however, that it had some unnatural advantage. Or at least, that's what he was telling himself. Misko cleared his throat and found words.

"Well now, is this an ambush? Whatever did I do to deserve it, pray tell?" He spoke calmly, given the situation. As he spoke, he slowly kept sliding the last soldier's blade into his large sack, "My mate and I were just clearing out this monster camp fair and square. You don't mean to rob us, do you?" He didn't dare turn around, but wondered terribly whom could have gotten this close. Rola was suddenly not entirely sure if she had read the situation right, all of a sudden. The man sounded almost sincere, in fact.

T Taleek (Roll Insight)
Insight Check: 1d20 = 16 + 1 = 17 total

Rola merely tilted her head for a moment as she listened to Misko spill his words quickly. His reasoning seemed good and to any average person listening they wouldn’t see any reason not to trust him. But to Misko’s dismay, Rola wasn’t your average traveler, and it wasn’t her first rodeo when it came to reading between the lines. There were many angles that Rola could play here, but she settled on the fun approach as her smile widened slightly, though she would gently apply a bit more pressure to their neck to signal the Misko to cease his looting as she began to speak calmly herself.

“Oh? So you were with the warrior that I had heard earlier when I was approaching? A bit strange to be so far from your companion… Though who am I to judge, I’m just merely a passerby who thought she caught a pesky little thief trying to run off with something they didn’t earn… though perhaps I am wrong and what you tell me is true… Or…” Rola taking care to keep her blade steady upon Misko would playfully circle so that she’d be facing the thief, giving a giggle upon any recognition at this point. “My hunch is correct, and you were trying to weasel your way out of my grasp… it would seem the truth shall reveal itself when your ‘companion’ returns! Oh, I do enjoy a little gamble here and there, wouldn’t you agree?” She gives another jovial laugh at the current situation despite how tense she had made it with her words, but it’s cut short before her smile vanishes and her tone resumes to being collected and calm.

“Well despite the whole thrill of this gamble here precautions are to be made before your ‘freind’ returns so if you would be so kind as to relinquish your weapons…” She pauses a moment to scan Misko’s face before smirking. “And that wasn’t a request either, if you didn’t catch my drift~” She says this in a sing-song manner as she patiently awaits for Misko to follow her instructions.

Intimidation: 22 (d20 = 15 + 7)

Last edited:
Garvii: Northern Woodlands, Intimidating

Without ritual, without magic, Garvii understood the laws of nature well. A bestial howl is understood by all creatures. A wolf understands it, perhaps more than any other creature. Martial Artists call it a Kiai. On the battlefield it is called a War Cry. All titles to describe the same thing: a threat. One that served Garvii well. In the beginning, at least.

The pack had almost wholeheartedly turned tail and ran. Only for a moment before Garvii bellowed did he catch a glimpse of one of the hunters stepping onto the path. It was haggard and riddled with mange. With Garvii's keen eyes he could see it's ribs through the skin. That was before he scared it away, and sent the Horses into a frenzy.

"OHHHHHH GOODNESS, OH GOODNESS ME, WHOA THERE LADIES! WHOA THERE!! GOOD GIRLS!!! CALM DOWN!!!!" Yelled Perkins in as soothing a tone as he could muster. He had to admit, though, if he could run at 35 miles an hour on the spot he would have done it after Garvii yelled. They were old nags, but still the horses made the wheels on the cart rattle terribly as if they might break free. Perkins had barely had time to say "What's that now?" Before they were off and moving. Soon enough, he headed Garvii's warning and pulled back on the reigns enough to get the horses calmed and back to a manageable canter.

"Did you, ah, get 'em???" He said, looking back to see if Garvii had made it along with the rest of them. Perkins was still a bit confused as to what exactly it was the Rito had yelled at.

About two hundred feet back, Perkins spied Garvii on the trail. Thankfully not being torn apart by wolves, but still flat on his back from where he had fallen. Other than a few ruffled feathers and maybe some soreness in the morning, he should be fine. When the cart had taken off, Garvii was able to prepare himself just a bit. A learned combatant and all, his balance was indeed formidable. In the end, however, physics is physics. A short walk later after Perkins had stopped the cart, and the two were reunited. Within the next half hour it seemed they'd be at the Stable-camp uninterrupted.

(3 fall/bludgeoning damage)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Recovering

The Monk smirked at the almost pure way Dragon accepted his offer. There was no suspicion, but not for lack of intelligence. Dragon's instincts were still turned up to ten from that last battle, and he grasped the situation perfectly. He simply had no reason to doubt a floating man's claims of mystical power. Where as most Hylians would have screamed and ran, thinking Lakna a ghost. This fisherman's son from Lurelin would make for a fine monk indeed, Lakna thought.

From Dragon's perspective, he could tell the man was not actually there. From the way the Shiekah seemed to be in and out of focus in Dragon's vision ever so slightly. The way he cast no shadow, and the beams of light coming into the canyon passed through him as the sun dipped into the evening time. Likely some sort of mental link held the meeting together, if Dragon's instincts were informing him correctly.

"Very well, prepare yourself then. I do not only grant you power, but I name you a Shiekah with this sacred rite. Please honor the title," The words were simple, but Lakna's tone was far more serious than it had been before. Even with his face covered by the cloth, Dragon could imagine that his expression was grave. Without waiting for a further elaboration on Dragon's part, however, he raised his palms over the center of his chest. A few sparks formed between them, blue like so many tiny sapphires. then they multiplied a dozen fold until there was a roaring blaze in their place. It consumed Lakna's hands up to the wrists and it's color was too present to see through. Just as quickly as it formed, it leapt into Dragon's chest.

Immediately he felt it's warmth. He felt another adrenaline-like surge this evening, but this one did not leave him feel fatigued. Quite the contrary. Though he had felt it before. There were times in combat when Dragon had used this inner energy, but never before had he felt it so strongly. When Dragon looked back to where Lakna Rokee was, however, he was no longer there.

"Follow the roads north, Dragon. The Horsemen need more manpower to ensure the people of Hyrule are connected once again. I cannot see much of this land from my place in my shrine, even now at the edge of the valley I am at my limit. Still, I am sure of this growing darkness. In your journeys there may come a time when you meet an adversary which is too great to overcome. If that should happen, seek out Impa in Kakariko Village. She can teach you to wield The Blue Flame more properly," With that Dragon could feel the connected severed completely. He was left with only the sounds of the river, and an apparent interrogation taking place in the Bokoblin camp.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

As the Deku Scrub crossed the camp, they caught more than a few extra glances. No one stopped or seemed scared of them, but all were unabashedly curious.

Oro couldn't tell more about the strange smoke which so blatantly made it's strangeness apparent. Inside, an old, slightly hunched woman bent over the pot which was producing the smoke. She stirred rhythmically, and was humming pleasantly to herself as if cooking a nice meal.

A thick rug covered the ground within the domicile. It seemed unnaturally warm, like a cabin with a roaring fire place rather than a simple yurt. Certainly it was warmer than the small cooking fire could produce. To the left taking up about a third of the tent was a bedroom area with a matching wicker wardrobe and vanity set. There was also a queen size bed with a very dark wooden bedframe. It looked quite heavy. In the middle, between Oro and the Woman, was a table made of the same dark-grayish wood. It had a short white tablecloth draped over it. There were candles at the four corners in silver holders. Oro noticed there was no wax dripping from where the flame met the top of the candle.

There was also a deck of cards placed neatly in the center of the table. The back of the deck was a dull brown, like leather. There was a stool high enough for Oro to see comfortably onto the table, should they choose to take a seat. Without turning, the Old Woman spoke out.

"Hello, just a moment, I'll be done. What is it you're after?" She spoke pleasantly, as if to a guest. Finally when she had apparently finished her stirring she faced the forest nymph, and an expression of delight crossed her face.

"Well nowww..." She crooned, "when the spirits told me to set the table for a new friend, I had no idea it would be a Forest Child. It's a treasure in an old fortune Teller's life to meet a fairy-born such as yourself. Perhaps even read your fate, if a Deku is interested in such things.

My name is Matilda. Please, stay for some tea at least. Not to hot to burn you, I promise," Matilda approached the table and pulled out her high-backed rocking chair with both hands. She then reached beneath the tablecloth just out of Oro's line of sight, and produced a kettle along with two teacups on saucers held nimbly in her off-hand. She set them down and the scent of berries filled the room as the steamy liquid filled the cups. One was placed right in front of the stool, and the candles cast a proper glow now on Matilda's face.

She was a gracefully aged woman whom retained most of her dark black hair. She had hard lines on her face, and a dark complexion. Lines of white shot like lightning bolts down her curly head of hair and out the wild ponytail she wore. She also had a lovely smile, welcoming as well as caring. She sat down herself, watching hopefully to see if Oro would join her.
StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos
Rola: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Interrogating

Rola was certain the man was lying. If this situation before her weren't obvious enough, the words coming out of Misko's mouth were seeped in a tone that told her he was on his toes. Ready to run.

Misko had to admit, he was verbally cornered no matter how he looked at it. He wasn't used to someone with a quicker tongue than himself. Let alone quieter feet. She had called his bluff and there was nothing he could do about it. He listened for a moment to see if the kid from Lurelin was still fighting, and it didn't seem like it. In fact he was, talking to himself? So Misko was getting extra lucky right now because the kid's nuts, which is fine with him of course. Not likely to last, though.

The sound of the person behind him speaking was chilling. A sure threat, one that it seemed they were more than happy to back up. A woman, Misko guessed by the sound of their voice. If Misko was to get a reward for his risk, he had to do something this very second. He decided a sleight nick on the neck was preferable than being cornered by the two of them. As such, he hopped up and whirled around, trying to turn away from Rola's blade as much as possible. At the same time, drawing his own curved knife from it's scabbard and swiping at Rola. The sack of weapons on his back seemed to be throwing off his balance, as well as his 180 turn, because he missed his enemy Kokiri alltogether.

T Taleek (You get an attack with advantage against Misko next turn)

Last edited:

Without ritual, without magic, Garvii understood the laws of nature well. A bestial howl is understood by all creatures. A wolf understands it, perhaps more than any other creature. Martial Artists call it a Kiai. On the battlefield it is called a War Cry. All titles to describe the same thing: a threat. One that served Garvii well. In the beginning, at least.

The pack had almost wholeheartedly turned tail and ran. Only for a moment before Garvii bellowed did he catch a glimpse of one of the hunters stepping onto the path. It was haggard and riddled with mange. With Garvii's keen eyes he could see it's ribs through the skin. That was before he scared it away, and sent the Horses into a frenzy.

"OHHHHHH GOODNESS, OH GOODNESS ME, WHOA THERE LADIES! WHOA THERE!! GOOD GIRLS!!! CALM DOWN!!!!" Yelled Perkins in as soothing a tone as he could muster. He had to admit, though, if he could run at 35 miles an hour on the spot he would have done it after Garvii yelled. They were old nags, but still the horses made the wheels on the cart rattle terribly as if they might break free. Perkins had barely had time to say "What's that now?" Before they were off and moving. Soon enough, he headed Garvii's warning and pulled back on the reigns enough to get the horses calmed and back to a manageable canter.

"Did you, ah, get 'em???" He said, looking back to see if Garvii had made it along with the rest of them. Perkins was still a bit confused as to what exactly it was the Rito had yelled at.

About two hundred feet back, Perkins spied Garvii on the trail. Thankfully not being torn apart by wolves, but still flat on his back from where he had fallen. Other than a few ruffled feathers and maybe some soreness in the morning, he should be fine. When the cart had taken off, Garvii was able to prepare himself just a bit. A learned combatant and all, his balance was indeed formidable. In the end, however, physics is physics. A short walk later after Perkins had stopped the cart, and the two were reunited. Within the next half hour it seemed they'd be at the Stable-camp uninterrupted.

Garvii HP: 47/50

---------

"I told you to keep them steady!" Garvii barked abrasively. He was embarrassed by his tumble and knew full well Perkins had managed decently to keep his cart under control.

All in all, Garvii was pleased with himself to a far greater degree than he liked to admit. The power he had demonstrated granted him his perfect scenario apart from a loss of face during his fall. He often pretended to be a friend to the creatures of Tabantha but he had to acknowledge to himself that when he wasn't meditating, most kept their distance. His old rival Silva used to ply the ears of those he spoke to with honeyed words that would open the locked doors of the world. Garvii never could find the right words and discovered that rather than opening doors, he needed to break them down. Without his sister Pella to give him grooming tips, he'd likely never have presentable plumage or clothing. He looked himself over. His hermetic lifestyle had grown on his appearance. He was ragged, bandaged, and dirty. A far cry from Silva's glistening garb and fetching style that made the Rito girls coo like doves in their youth.

"... well, whatever then. I guess you managed okay. Better not to dwell on it but it's a good thing I was here lest you have been made a meal of. So what can you tell me about this stable encampment Perkins? I saw the great forest a moment before that last excitement. It's truly immense and wonderous although something tells me these woods are troubled. Would the stable members be harmful to this area?"

The Monk smirked at the almost pure way Dragon accepted his offer. There was no suspicion, but not for lack of intelligence. Dragon's instincts were still turned up to ten from that last battle, and he grasped the situation perfectly. He simply had no reason to doubt a floating man's claims of mystical power. Where as most Hylians would have screamed and ran, thinking Lakna a ghost. This fisherman's son from Lurelin would make for a fine monk indeed, Lakna thought.

From Dragon's perspective, he could tell the man was not actually there. From the way the Shiekah seemed to be in and out of focus in Dragon's vision ever so slightly. The way he cast no shadow, and the beams of light coming into the canyon passed through him as the sun dipped into the evening time. Likely some sort of mental link held the meeting together, if Dragon's instincts were informing him correctly.

"Very well, prepare yourself then. I do not only grant you power, but I name you a Shiekah with this sacred rite. Please honor the title," The words were simple, but Lakna's tone was far more serious than it had been before. Even with his face covered by the cloth, Dragon could imagine that his expression was grave. Without waiting for a further elaboration on Dragon's part, however, he raised his palms over the center of his chest. A few sparks formed between them, blue like so many tiny sapphires. then they multiplied a dozen fold until there was a roaring blaze in their place. It consumed Lakna's hands up to the wrists and it's color was too present to see through. Just as quickly as it formed, it leapt into Dragon's chest.

Immediately he felt it's warmth. He felt another adrenaline-like surge this evening, but this one did not leave him feel fatigued. Quite the contrary. Though he had felt it before. There were times in combat when Dragon had used this inner energy, but never before had he felt it so strongly. When Dragon looked back to where Lakna Rokee was, however, he was no longer there.

"Follow the roads north, Dragon. The Horsemen need more manpower to ensure the people of Hyrule are connected once again. I cannot see much of this land from my place in my shrine, even now at the edge of the valley I am at my limit. Still, I am sure of this growing darkness. In your journeys there may come a time when you meet an adversary which is too great to overcome. If that should happen, seek out Impa in Kakariko Village. She can teach you to wield The Blue Flame more properly," With that Dragon could feel the connected severed completely. He was left with only the sounds of the river, and an apparent interrogation taking place in the Bokoblin camp.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Dragon nodded eagerly after being asked to honor the title of Shiekah. Partially because of how serious Lakna Rokee was when he said it, but mostly because.. well , why would he denounce it? Heck yeah it's an honor to be dubbed a Shiekah, especially when it doubles with an ability that'll help him with clearing these roads like he did today. The Hylian's eyes would be fixed on the Monk's hand. Although there was no doubt in his mind, his eyes widened at the sight of the blue flame erupting from Lakna's hand. He was amazed at the sight, especially when the flame up and jumped into his body! Dragon's head tilted downwards in an effort to keep his gaze fixed on the flame while it was there. After the fact, he used his hands and rubbed them over his chest.. as if he was checking to see if the flame made a hole in it or something similar.

When he looked up though, he was met with the sight of.. well, nothing. Which was indeed a shame. Despite this, he heard the sound of Lakna's voice, giving him a few more words of guidance. Once the dude's voice faded away, Dragon remained there in shock, still holding a hand over his now warm chest as he took a few moments to process everything that was just told to him. "I wont let you down.. and thank you." Is what he could manage to muster. Part of him wishes he said a little more, or at the very least.. had a bit longer to make conversation. Good things don't last forever, unfortunately. Regardless, the Hylian moved his palm away from his chest and held it out and infront of him. That palm of his twisted and turned, while Dragon gazed at it curiously. Of course, it looks all the same, but he feels.. different. Better. Stronger? He can't say anything for certain. Bottom line is, he feels great.. and kind of wants a good excuse to use this newfound power.

"....Hold on a sec, didn't he say something about me getting robbed? No way am I gonna let that slide! Not when I busted my butt with beating those beasts!"

Yes, he did completely gloss over the statement about being robbed. But now that Lakna Rokee isn't around to hold his attention, it just.. clicked in his head. Fast as he could manage, Dragon made a short jog over and towards the Bokoblin who still had the Lizalfos boomerang lodged into it's chest. He ripped it out with his hand and held it in that hand as he moved towards where he heard the interrogation taking place. Here he comes!​

Oro: Woodland Stable, In The Fortune Teller's Tent

As the Deku Scrub crossed the camp, they caught more than a few extra glances. No one stopped or seemed scared of them, but all were unabashedly curious.

Oro couldn't tell more about the strange smoke which so blatantly made it's strangeness apparent. Inside, an old, slightly hunched woman bent over the pot which was producing the smoke. She stirred rhythmically, and was humming pleasantly to herself as if cooking a nice meal.

A thick rug covered the ground within the domicile. It seemed unnaturally warm, like a cabin with a roaring fire place rather than a simple yurt. Certainly it was warmer than the small cooking fire could produce. To the left taking up about a third of the tent was a bedroom area with a matching wicker wardrobe and vanity set. There was also a queen size bed with a very dark wooden bedframe. It looked quite heavy. In the middle, between Oro and the Woman, was a table made of the same dark-grayish wood. It had a short white tablecloth draped over it. There were candles at the four corners in silver holders. Oro noticed there was no wax dripping from where the flame met the top of the candle.

There was also a deck of cards placed neatly in the center of the table. The back of the deck was a dull brown, like leather. There was a stool high enough for Oro to see comfortably onto the table, should they choose to take a seat. Without turning, the Old Woman spoke out.

"Hello, just a moment, I'll be done. What is it you're after?" She spoke pleasantly, as if to a guest. Finally when she had apparently finished her stirring she faced the forest nymph, and an expression of delight crossed her face.

"Well nowww..." She crooned, "when the spirits told me to set the table for a new friend, I had no idea it would be a Forest Child. It's a treasure in an old fortune Teller's life to meet a fairy-born such as yourself. Perhaps even read your fate, if a Deku is interested in such things.

My name is Matilda. Please, stay for some tea at least. Not to hot to burn you, I promise," Matilda approached the table and pulled out her high-backed rocking chair with both hands. She then reached beneath the tablecloth just out of Oro's line of sight, and produced a kettle along with two teacups on saucers held nimbly in her off-hand. She set them down and the scent of berries filled the room as the steamy liquid filled the cups. One was placed right in front of the stool, and the candles cast a proper glow now on Matilda's face.

She was a gracefully aged woman whom retained most of her dark black hair. She had hard lines on her face, and a dark complexion. Lines of white shot like lightning bolts down her curly head of hair and out the wild ponytail she wore. She also had a lovely smile, welcoming as well as caring. She sat down herself, watching hopefully to see if Oro would join her.

The enchanting atmosphere kept Oro silent as their eyes darted around the tent. Up until now most wonders they'd known were of the great, big world and its glorious beauty. Feelings, sounds, and smells that were all new to them. Yet here it was a different sort of wonderment. It was a curiosity in the mystery of this place. It was closed off and dark, no not exactly. Darkness would've given dread, the few candles here made it more mystifying. Regardless of how true the word of her power was, this place held at least one sort of magic.

Oro stiffened as Matilda addressed them. In quick response, their magic stumbled and sent out thoughts not yet fully developed, "I. Yes, hello. No. I mean."

They shook their head and moved forward, taking a seat once they'd reached the table. Their hands rested on the table but didn't take the tea just yet. Oro felt it would best to at least say something of their presence here first, "Hello there! I'm Oro and I've heard you have a gift! That you can see into the future. I've been looking for super special amazing people that are awesome! All to help me... To help me... Umm..."

Fascination had taken their train of thought. What were they doing again? Looking for this future seer. Why? To help them. Why do they need help. Oro's eyes widened with realization, "The monsters near home! How did I forget? I was looking for anybody that could help me with some monsters near the forest. My family could never defend themselves. I-"

Oro stopped, they didn't know what they needed from Matilda. Their voice became softer with this, the swirling mass of purple-red at the edges of their eyes grew, and that sadness seeped back in their speech, "I... I don't know what I want to know but is there any way you can help me? Maybe there is some great hero coming here? Oh! Or maybe one of those horse people? The Horsemen? Will they be coming back soon? I know they're supposed to be somewhere off in the land of acorn or apple or something, but maybe?"

They nearly fell over in their seat from how much they leaned out of it with an intense, if small, sense of hope Oro held onto still.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Rola: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Interrogating

Rola was certain the man was lying. If this situation before her weren't obvious enough, the words coming out of Misko's mouth were seeped in a tone that told her he was on his toes. Ready to run.

Misko had to admit, he was verbally cornered no matter how he looked at it. He wasn't used to someone with a quicker tongue than himself. Let alone quieter feet. She had called his bluff and there was nothing he could do about it. He listened for a moment to see if the kid from Lurelin was still fighting, and it didn't seem like it. In fact he was, talking to himself? So Misko was getting extra lucky right now because the kid's nuts, which is fine with him of course. Not likely to last, though.

The sound of the person behind him speaking was chilling. A sure threat, one that it seemed they were more than happy to back up. A woman, Misko guessed by the sound of their voice. If Misko was to get a reward for his risk, he had to do something this very second. He decided a sleight nick on the neck was preferable than being cornered by the two of them. As such, he hopped up and whirled around, trying to turn away from Rola's blade as much as possible. At the same time, drawing his own curved knife from it's scabbard and swiping at Rola. The sack of weapons on his back seemed to be throwing off his balance, as well as his 180 turn, because he missed his enemy Kokiri alltogether.

T Taleek (You get an attack with advantage against Misko next turn)
Reaction attack w advantage: Rolled an 8 and a 15 (15 + 6 = 21) If hit: 1d8 = 7 + 3 = 10 + 1d6 (Sneak Attack due to Advantage) = 4 Total Damage = 14

Rola hummed slightly as she awaited for the thief to decide on whether they would surrender or not. She was getting ready to speak again as he was taking a bit longer than normal to concede until the thief did what thieves usually tend to do which was something underhanded. Thankfully, the thief’s maneuver and attack failed due to Rola’s readiness, though she responded in kind with a swipe from her own blade before speaking to Kira telepathically as she readied to combat Misko.

“Kira, you know what to do! And once you do that, keep clear of him, okay?” No response is needed as the golden fairy flies out of one of Rola’s sleeves and begins to analyze Misko for Rola. Misko would feel a light sensation of magic upon himself as Kira attempted to ascertain what his weaknesses were to give Rola a better advantage in taking the thief down. Once that was concluded, the fairy would swoop out of arms reach from the thief quickly enough to not suffer an attack from him.

Once that was done, suddenly Rola’s voice would sound harsher and far more unsettling as if laced with magic itself as she pointed her sword at Misko before speaking.

“Tsk-tsk now I was really hoping you’d cooperate there… I guess it turns out I was right after all. Well, I suppose now the only question remains is if you’re skilled enough or smart enough to survive.”

The words escaped her lips, but it sounded as if it came from another entity in general it was quite distracted for anyone who heard it, and she utilized that lull to press forward and strike again, letting the thief know clearly that she intended to strike him down if he didn’t surrender. The footfalls of Dragon were loud and clear to the Kokiri, yet she didn't turn to assess who was there as her focus remained upon Misko, instead she merely shouted to catch the attention of whoever was approaching their location.

"Ah! I assume the warrior of the hour has just shown up! Just in time to catch your thief red-handed with all your hard-earned loot in tow!" She smiled playfully it seemed things were going almost as she imagined, but she wasn't anticipating the thief to be so aggressive, though nothing a swift scrap couldn't fix. As this thought crossed her mind, she would tug at the ocarina that hung from her belt and swiftly grasped it in case she needed to utilize any more potent magic.

Kira's Actions: Utilized the "Analyze Enemy" action Misko needs to make a CHA save (DC 13) on failure Rola will learn his Worst Saving Throw and his AC. Kira then flew away from Misko, triggering no Attacks of Opportunity due to the "Flyby" ability

Rola's Actions: As a bonus action, Rola expended one bardic inspiration to use the "Unsettling Words" ability. This won't be factored into the CHA saving throw, as she used this ability after Kira used her action.

As an action, she attacked with her weapon (This one without advantage, I assumed.) 1d20 = 11 + 6 = 17 If hit: 1d8 = 3 + 3 = 6 total damage

Garvii: Northern Roads

Perkins raised his shoulders towards his ears as Garvii scolded him. Upon hearing Garvii loosen up himself, the old man relaxed and gave the Rito a tentative smile. He had the horses walking again soon and patted the spot next to him on the bench.

"Right you are, Warrior. I may be old but I'm not senile. We each have our different means of survival, and my rupees will keep us both fed if you keep up the good work," the old trader said with a twinkle in his eye. Perkins thought on what Garvii asked next, trying to work out it's meaning. It was clear he hadn't seen the wolf as clearly as the experienced woodsman-Rito.

"Well I'm not quite as in-tune with the land as your people may be, I hate to admit. But to take a guess, I don't think there are enough settlers to effect Hyrule's wilds in such a way yet. Most stables have two or three families, sometimes less. The one here has three, but they still only need to hunt once a week. They have begun sustainable practices. Finding success in small herds of Goats and Cucoo. You might ask them how their excursions have been when we get there? They're friendly people," Perkins suggested, not feeling as if he was much help yet again. At this point the stable was practically upon them, and the woods surrounding seemed peaceful enough.

"As a matter of fact, these woods are the most fertile in Hyrule. Always have been, from what the books I've read tell me," Perkins scratched his chin and seemingly tried to remember the passages, "I think it would take something truly formidable to cause damage in this part of the land,"
Wernburger Wernburger
Dragon and Rola: Seeing the Same Asshole

Upon coming around the corner, Dragon saw a scene of mischief. One Thief clearly trying to make off with all the valuables the Bokoblins had procures, while the Kokiri looking like a rogue herself had interrupted the devious act. Rola was a being the likes of which Dragon had never seen before, but had certainly heard of. The fairy companion accompanying a small people with child-like features and garb made of forest materials. This whole day was shaping up to be filled with fairy-tail characters from Dragon's childhood.

Rola's blade found it's mark the first and second time, however the way Misko turned away from the blade as it cut him was Uncanny. He seemed to minimize the damage as much as possible with each movement, while still remaining within range of his opponent. As someone nimble and swift herself, the ability was almost admirable. Whether Rola would admit that to herself was her choice, but the roguish side of her was impressed.

Misko watched with wide eyes as the fairy emerged from Rola's person and made a flutter around him. It accomplished it's task and just as quickly exited his range before he could react, however that wasn't going to stop Misko. He had come to the area for a bit of steel, and would leave with something more valuable than diamonds. Dropping his large sack, he produced a glass bottle from within his cloak. He made a movement as swift as any deer to catch up to the magical being, scooped it within his receptacle, and turned on his heels.

"KEEP THE DAMN WEAPONS THEN, GIRL!!! WHO NEEDS EM?!" Yelled Misko in quite the unflattering manner. Dashing after the devilish Hylian would have been simple enough for Rola to keep up with Misko, but the way he climbed the two-story high wall which was connected to the mountain was surreal. He lost no speed at all moving up it's surface, and was already another thirty-feet towards the mouth of the Canyon. The same way Rola had just come. That's when Rola remembered, a single horse tethered to the stone at that end of the Canyon. She now realized without a doubt that's where Misko was headed.

From Dragon's perspective, Rola had just succeeded in fending off his Robber, but clearly at the expense of her fairy. That much was easy enough to figure out for the young monk.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon T Taleek (Misko's worst saving throw: CHA and STR. AC: 14)
Oro: In The Fortune Teller's Tent

The psychic impression Oro was leaving in the woman's mind was more clear than their words. She nodded as she rocked in her chair, and let Oro let out their despair and frustration. Then, just as Oro asked for some strong warrior to emerge from the fray, the two heard quite clearly the echoes of a distant yell. More than a yell. A howl of primal power. Yet unmistakably a person letting it out, not a monster. For some as astute at reading the fates as Matilda was, she needed no more indications from the universe.

"I think the Goddess may grant your wish sooner, rather than later, with another hour of patience little Scrub. This experience I feel in your emotions, the monsters' presence seems grave. But I'm sure that warrior we just heard declare his presence could help your people's plight. Now, the Lost Woods have always been protected by natural magics. I can understand your concern, but the Deku Tree likely already knows of this large group just outside his roots. I can't help but think this task may just be a way to avoid leaving home, rather than truly motivated by your need to protect the other Dekus, Kokiri, and Koroks. Am I close to right, Oro?"

Matilda suddenly looked to Oro like a grandmother whom had known them a very long time. In fact, her tone reminded Oro terribly of the Deku Tree itself at the moment. Matilda sipped her tea innocently as she watched Oro for a reaction.

"I wonder, would you allow me to draw some cards to tell your fortune while we wait on whomever just scared all the birds away?"

Last edited:

Perkins raised his shoulders towards his ears as Garvii scolded him. Upon hearing Garvii loosen up himself, the old man relaxed and gave the Rito a tentative smile. He had the horses walking again soon and patted the spot next to him on the bench.

"Right you are, Warrior. I may be old but I'm not senile. We each have our different means of survival, and my rupees will keep us both fed if you keep up the good work," the old trader said with a twinkle in his eye. Perkins thought on what Garvii asked next, trying to work out it's meaning. It was clear he hadn't seen the wolf as clearly as the experienced woodsman-Rito.

"Well I'm not quite as in-tune with the land as your people may be, I hate to admit. But to take a guess, I don't think there are enough settlers to effect Hyrule's wilds in such a way yet. Most stables have two or three families, sometimes less. The one here has three, but they still only need to hunt once a week. They have begun sustainable practices. Finding success in small herds of Goats and Cucoo. You might ask them how their excursions have been when we get there? They're friendly people," Perkins suggested, not feeling as if he was much help yet again. At this point the stable was practically upon them, and the woods surrounding seemed peaceful enough.

"As a matter of fact, these woods are the most fertile in Hyrule. Always have been, from what the books I've read tell me," Perkins scratched his chin and seemingly tried to remember the passages,"
Wernburger Wernburger

Garvii was feeling optimistic for once. His meditations had always felt empty in the rocky and snowy cliffsides of his homeland. Yet, here stood impressive woods with untold mysteries and messages. The land would surely speak to him here, it LIVED here after all. He even smiled briefly at the thought of his and Perkins nearly complete journey. The Hylian had grown on him slightly in their travels and it was nice to have company again. He thought about the families who lived at the stable and wondered what they would be like. If they were thoughtful enough not to be a burden to the woods, then they may be attuned enough to point him to where he needed to go. He may just find his song yet.

"Let's make haste, we'll need to make introductions before nightfall. I have many questions for this bunch.
... and Perkins, I know you're not senile."

Upon coming around the corner, Dragon saw a scene of mischief. One Thief clearly trying to make off with all the valuables the Bokoblins had procures, while the Kokiri looking like a rogue herself had interrupted the devious act. Rola was a being the likes of which Dragon had never seen before, but had certainly heard of. The fairy companion accompanying a small people with child-like features and garb made of forest materials. This whole day was shaping up to be filled with fairy-tail characters from Dragon's childhood.

Rola's blade found it's mark the first and second time, however the way Misko turned away from the blade as it cut him was Uncanny. He seemed to minimize the damage as much as possible with each movement, while still remaining within range of his opponent. As someone nimble and swift herself, the ability was almost admirable. Whether Rola would admit that to herself was her choice, but the roguish side of her was impressed.

Misko watched with wide eyes as the fairy emerged from Rola's person and made a flutter around him. It accomplished it's task and just as quickly exited his range before he could react, however that wasn't going to stop Misko. He had come to the area for a bit of steel, and would leave with something more valuable than diamonds. Dropping his large sack, he produced a glass bottle from within his cloak. He made a movement as swift as any deer to catch up to the magical being, scooped it within his receptacle, and turned on his heels.

"KEEP THE DAMN WEAPONS THEN, GIRL!!! WHO NEEDS EM?!" Yelled Misko in quite the unflattering manner. Dashing after the devilish Hylian would have been simple enough for Rola to keep up with Misko, but the way he climbed the two-story high wall which was connected to the mountain was surreal. He lost no speed at all moving up it's surface, and was already another thirty-feet towards the mouth of the Canyon. The same way Rola had just come. That's when Rola remembered, a single horse tethered to the stone at that end of the Canyon. She now realized without a doubt that's where Misko was headed.

From Dragon's perspective, Rola had just succeeded in fending off his Robber, but clearly at the expense of her fairy. That much was easy enough to figure out for the young monk.
Dude was in shock for just a moment, primarily because he was being faced a sight that he's only read about in a book. It's a common thing for him, dude likes to admire stuff when he sees it for the first time, it's not a conscious thing. If not for that, he would've sprung into action the literal moment he saw Misko. He only snapped out of it once he saw the fairy.. well, get snatched up! Now that, that's no good. Very first thing Dragon would do is dash after 'em. While that was happening though, he cocked his arm back and decided to give this whole new power thing a shot. Sparks shot from the palm that gripped his boomerang, but no flame, just a short spread of sparks. Like a lighter that's failing to ignite. He tried again, but the same exact thing happened. Yikes

"Drop the fairy you thieving cockroach!"

He really didn't put much thought behind his actions. He had as much information as he needed. Fairies are companions of the Kokiri, Whoever this Kokiri is was trying to help him out mere moments ago, so why question things? Dragon went straight to that wall and started to climb. Due to his lack of luck when it came to climbing before, once he acutally showed up there, Dragon decided that the first thing he'd do is.. toss his boomerang! That way, incase he slipped and fell again, the thief may fall as well. When he went to throw it, though? Another flash of sparks would erupt from his palm and fromt there.. a blue flame would ignite! One that wrapped itself around the boomerang just like that! Third time's the charm, it seems. When he did throw it though, all Dragon was hoping for was to hit one of the thief's legs. Those are usually quite imporant for climbing.
Speaking of, now that both of his hands are free, he's climbing too! Hot on Misko's trail!​

Boomerang throw
Aiming: 1d20 +6 = 23
Damage: 1d8 +6, & 1d4 (Magic) = 12

Acrobatics roll
1d20 +6 = 24​

The psychic impression Oro was leaving in the woman's mind was more clear than their words. She nodded as she rocked in her chair, and let Oro let out their despair and frustration. Then, just as Oro asked for some strong warrior to emerge from the fray, the two heard quite clearly the echoes of a distant yell. More than a yell. A howl of primal power. Yet unmistakably a person letting it out, not a monster. For some as astute at reading the fates as Matilda was, she needed no more indications from the universe.

"I think the Goddess may grant your wish sooner, rather than later, with another hour of patience little Scrub. This experience I feel in your emotions, the monsters' presence seems grave. But I'm sure that warrior we just heard declare his presence could help your people's plight. Now, the Lost Woods have always been protected by natural magics. I can understand your concern, but the Deku Tree likely already knows of this large group just outside his roots. I can't help but think this task may just be a way to avoid leaving home, rather than truly motivated by your need to protect the other Dekus, Kokiri, and Koroks. Am I close to right, Oro?"

Matilda suddenly looked to Oro like a grandmother whom had known them a very long time. In fact, her tone reminded Oro terribly of the Deku Tree itself at the moment. Matilda sipped her tea innocently as she watched Oro for a reaction.

"I wonder, would you allow me to draw some cards to tell your fortune while we wait on whomever just scared all the birds away?"

Oro was startled by the yell that they caught at the ends of their hearing. They were impressed, though Matilda spoke of the goddess answering the call, they immediately thought she'd conjured a warrior and twisted fate itself. It did more to shock the scrub than it did to calm them, but it was enough to get them back in their seat properly.

She continued, pressing more into their intentions with this escapade away from the forest. This tone of both authority and familiarity was strange to Oro. The only people they'd ever known were back in the forest. For this outsider to command such respect from them would maybe upset or scare other forest dwellers, but not Oro. They were immediately taken by this manner of speech.

They spoke without the worry of judgment if with some bashfulness at the truth she'd begun to unravel, "Well, maybe once or twice my family talked about how we were protected... still I thought they were in danger. I've never seen monsters and even just attacking one made me realize the threat they pose. Seeing how it barely flinched at my shots. Seeing the hordes chase me. I was worried, but yes I did know a little that they might be protected anyways. I have always felt that I wanted to see this world. I could say it was the stories the Deku Tree and Rola told me. But. That's not exactly it."

Oro looked at her with innocence and wonder, the excitement a child carries when telling stories to their friends, "I feel this calling to outside lands. I don't know what it is but it's strong and pushes me to explore and question what's beyond."

As they spoke on this instinct, the swirling at the edges of their eyes coalesced back to the center. A dark-hued mass that exuded spite and hatred, she could feel Malice tug at her very essence. Yet the scrub gave no indication of intention or these negative emotions, they still carried that wanderlust. Luckily it went away by the time she'd gone to sip her tea.

"It'd be nice to know more about what could be coming. It might even help me understand this feeling more!" They waited impatiently, shuffling a little bit in their seat, for her to begin the reading.

"As a matter of fact, these woods are the most fertile in Hyrule. Always have been, from what the books I've read tell me," Perkins scratched his chin and seemingly tried to remember the passages, "I think it would take something truly formidable to cause damage in this part of the land,"
Wernburger Wernburger

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon T Taleek (Misko's worst saving throw: CHA and STR. AC: 14)

The confidence and bravado exuded from Rola as she knew she had the upper hand, especially seeing as Dragon had quickly deduced the situation but the moment she witnessed Misko dropping his sack only to pull out a glass bottle her act of confidence would shift to that of worry and panic as she saw one of her few friends, her companion, the one who saved her life time and time again get bottled by the thief before he would turn tail and sprint off. Kira didn’t even have time to say anything before she was bottled up, but her telepathic link was still strong, so she heard her friend's cries for freedom, which shook Rola out of her stupor before taking action.

She missed her chance to strike at him as she was stunned for a split second before charging after him to keep up, she watched dragon throw his boomerang which then erupted in blue flames as it struck at the climbing thief an impressive attack and the sight of the flames were something to behold as well, but this wasn’t the time to gawk and wonder her friend was in trouble and there was no way she was going to let him escape with her. She quickly pointed her kokiri sword at the thief, focusing on the power within the blade before the ground beneath Misko erupted as a large thorny whip lashed at his ankle before yanking him right off the wall, pulling him ten feet toward Rola as she stared at Misko her smile vanished at this as she gripped her ocarina and played a harsh tune before her voice echoed with magic as she began to speak to the thief while her magic conjured something unimaginable or rather undetectable to everyone besides Misko.

“One mistake after another… you really know how to stick to bad habits there. I supposed an Iron maiden will make my intent's flair…” As she finished her chant, her voice once again laced with potent magic to Misko’s eyes alone directly above him would be a large and intimidating iron maiden that looked almost exactly like Rola would open up to reveal it’s sharp and pointy insides before swiftly moving to envelope and trap the thief within piercing just about every part of the thief as the maiden remained there. Nothing would be seen before Dragon or Rola besides Misko’s possible grunts and screams of pain as he would writhe on the ground. Rola would keep her concentration and hang on to a bit of luck regarding Misko falling to the spell, so she can swiftly secure Kira from him.

Bonus Action: Used Thorn Whip 1d20 = 15 + 7 = 22 Damage: 2d6 = 10 piercing damage

Action: Cast Phantasmal Force Misko would need to make an INT saving throw minus Rola's bardic inspiration (d6 = 3) DC = 15

Reaction: If Misko passes his saving throw, Rola will use her reaction to cast Silvery Barbs and have Misko take the lowest d20 roll. Dragon would also have advantage on the next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw he makes within 1 minute.

Last edited:
Garvii: Just Getting to the Stable

It was about five now, give or take, on the northern frontier. Garvii and Perkins spent the remainder of the trip amicably, and both relaxed upon seeing the stables. Unlike the wolves, the camp seemed healthy. The tents were in good repair. The animals seemed healthy, though there was a lack of fresh stallions. The ones in the stables proper were seemingly well traveled and belonged to such folk. Other than that, though, the town was quieting down for the evening. Children had gone inside for naps and the adults were mostly done with their work.

One man was outside his tent chopping wood, being overly cautious it seemed but to no one's detriment. There was only a slight coolness in the air here as compared to the parch nip in Tabantha. Garvii felt a definite elevation change, and the forest was certainly at it's densest now. He imagined flying above the trees and didn't think he would be able to spot a pack of wolves this time if he did. Nevertheless, the huge pines which surrounded the camp seemed like a natural barrier in their own right. Even the dense shrubbery which bled into patches of thick knee-high grass; seemed to denote a toughness to traversing the landscape. The only other person out was a woman working the counter of the lodging tent. She seemed bored, and only looked up from the book she was gazing at to see their cart. Her eyes lit up a bit when she spotted Garvii beside it. Apparently a Rito was not an everyday sight.

Further into the camp on the western edge was a colorful tent which stood out from the rest. Two donkeys were tied to the cart beside it, and it's orange and yellow fabric was a sight to behold. Such vibrant colors in so simple an age as this. One would wonder about the type of person who could produce such fine textiles. If that weren't enough, purple smoke rose from it's top vent. Unlike anything Garvii had ever seen.

Perkins pulled his cart near the big tent and began to care for the horses. Unhooking them from his bindings, he spoke to his new traveling companion.

"We'll have to rest here for the night. I've got an extra bedroll in the cart, so you don't have to buy a bed, if you'd like. I'll get a fire started for us before the sun goes down, and have dinner started as promised," He said cheerily. At that same time, the woman working the counter abandoned her post to come talk to Perkins.

"Perkins! Good to see you made the journey to Tabantha alright. Who's your friend?" She said cheerily, regarding the tall Rito with sheepish eyes. The girl had long red hair done up into twin braids which reached her hips. She wore Hatenonean garb and her pale complexion told the same origin. She wore a white shirt with green lederhosen, and brown leather work boots which showed some time in the stables by their roughness.

Wernburger Wernburger (roll perception)
Oro: Matilda's Tent

The old woman smiled along with Oro's account of their state of mind. She did not judge, or even offer further speculation of the situation. Instead she sipped her tea and began to shuffle the cards.

"Thankyou for the opportunity," She said quietly as she tossed the overlarge papyrus over and over. This was the only sound aside from the fire, which was just beginning to dim a bit at not being attended. They were much too wide to be appropriate for playing cards, and cast equally large shadows on the table while they danced in Matilda's hands. Then after a bit longer than one might seem necessary to randomize the spread, she placed them in a neat stack to her right. Slowly she flipped three cards before her. All came out face up from Oro's point of view. In the leftmost spot, a gallant Hylian Knight was painted on the card face. He rode atop his steed in a parade, which seemed to be in his honor.

"The Knight of Cups... A practical figure, but one to be admired. Someone reliable, and in turn values that reliability. An ally, but for an equal exchange. That is what this one represents," She said, her long pointed fingernail floating above the card as she spoke. Oro noticed that it was painted sunflower yellow like the triangles on the tent. She moved it to the next one, in the middle. Here, a Minish sat on a toadstool, having tea and snacks to himself. Minish are tiny flightless fairies, even smaller than regular ones! The Deku tree had once told Oro that Minish were the guardians of the insects, and the grass. Just as Korok and Deku guard the forest, but that Minish were fond of magic like Kokiri.

"The Page of Wands represents the potential of a Hero on the start of a Journey. We are always the hero in our story, Oro. We get to decide if we are a good one, or a bad one," Matilda paused mischievously, "Or an exceptional one," She winked at Oro without elaborating on this card further. The next card showed them an image of nine rupees scattered across a table. On the table was a map, seemingly to a treasure. "The Nine of Coins, brings us back to achievement and gaining a prize. But here me in this, Oro, be careful that you are not to hasty to rush towards it. Patience is the only way to ensure you will get to claim anything worthwhile..." Matilda let her words hang for a moment. Then, sat back in her chair to see how Oro might react, while the old woman finished her tea.

Dragon and Rola: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Finding Their Mark

Misko was as close as he's ever been to escaping, which is to say every time, when he was rather rudely halted in his attempt. He was stunned, for only a split second. As a professional, that was a half a second more than he would have liked. He turned to check on his opponent's pursuit, to find the boy's weapon flying at his lower half. He was barely able to dip to the side as it caught him in the thigh and continued it's flight path back towards the owner. Again minimizing the damage like a master, but starting to feel it. Then, as his chest hit the ground after being tripped by the ethereal vines around his ankle, he cursed the short Kokiri silently. The pain from their thorns enraged him as he was dragged backwards, and nearly off the ledge altogether.

The very dexterous Misko caught himself with one had before being yanked off the ledge entirely by Rola's spell. Just as he had completely grappled onto the ledge and hoisted himself onto it, he processed what Rola had said about an Iron Maiden. The image it conjured in his mind was made all to real very soon after. In almost a mocking form, he stared Rola in the face once more as she opened up and attempted to envelope him with spikes. He screamed and backed away towards the mountainside as it surrounded him. He fought through the pain and found that he could move, however, and found his way out of the darkness. Going right through the illusion, but still not free of it's grasp. He felt the spikes as if they were still there. After he could see again, he looked around wildly to see where his opponents' were. Funny how quickly that went, from singular to plural.

I fucking hate spellcasters, he thought, blood beginning to soak into his clothes. The bottle with Kira in it dangled on a string at his belt. He had apparently deposited it there at some point, and into the folds of his robes his hands shot swiftly. The kid was especially fast, faster than Misko on foot even. Not quite as skilled as the thief in the way of climbing, but the way he was sprinting across the top of the ledge was impressive. And the biggest threat currently. Misko threw a single bomb in the young man's direction. It was about baseball sized, but undoubtedly could pack a punch from the sheer amount of black powder. Dragon could tell the second it was produced, it's automatic wick lighting with a tug from Misko as it exited his pockets.

Dragon also knew he would have to move immediately, or risk losing all the stamina he had regenerated during that little chat with Lakna Rokee. Misko then turned and dashed once more, his own well of energy quite apparent. And yet he still felt the tug of the horror behind him conjured by Rola. He knew unless he put some more distance between them, he would continue to be damaged by it. He was pretty sure at this rate he could outrun Rola at least seeing as she was still on the ground. She couldn't quite dash and cast, it seemed, or hadn't yet. So she was lagging behind by about thirty feet now. Had she not tripped him it would have been forty.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (Dex Save: 16 or take 11 fire damage and be knocked back ten feet. If you are knocked back you will not catch your boomerang. You will still be on the ledge if you're knocked back.)

T Taleek (I factored in 1d6 for this turn, please keep track of this damage for each consecutive turn after this one as long as the spell is active)

It was about five now, give or take, on the northern frontier. Garvii and Perkins spent the remainder of the trip amicably, and both relaxed upon seeing the stables. Unlike the wolves, the camp seemed healthy. The tents were in good repair. The animals seemed healthy, though there was a lack of fresh stallions. The ones in the stables proper were seemingly well traveled and belonged to such folk. Other than that, though, the town was quieting down for the evening. Children had gone inside for naps and the adults were mostly done with their work.

One man was outside his tent chopping wood, being overly cautious it seemed but to no one's detriment. There was only a slight coolness in the air here as compared to the parch nip in Tabantha. Garvii felt a definite elevation change, and the forest was certainly at it's densest now. He imagined flying above the trees and didn't think he would be able to spot a pack of wolves this time if he did. Nevertheless, the huge pines which surrounded the camp seemed like a natural barrier in their own right. Even the dense shrubbery which bled into patches of thick knee-high grass; seemed to denote a toughness to traversing the landscape. The only other person out was a woman working the counter of the lodging tent. She seemed bored, and only looked up from the book she was gazing at to see their cart. Her eyes lit up a bit when she spotted Garvii beside it. Apparently a Rito was not an everyday sight.

Further into the camp on the western edge was a colorful tent which stood out from the rest. Two donkeys were tied to the cart beside it, and it's orange and yellow fabric was a sight to behold. Such vibrant colors in so simple an age as this. One would wonder about the type of person who could produce such fine textiles. If that weren't enough, purple smoke rose from it's top vent. Unlike anything Garvii had ever seen.

Perkins pulled his cart near the big tent and began to care for the horses. Unhooking them from his bindings, he spoke to his new traveling companion.

"We'll have to rest here for the night. I've got an extra bedroll in the cart, so you don't have to buy a bed, if you'd like. I'll get a fire started for us before the sun goes down, and have dinner started as promised," He said cheerily. At that same time, the woman working the counter abandoned her post to come talk to Perkins.

"Perkins! Good to see you made the journey to Tabantha alright. Who's your friend?" She said cheerily, regarding the tall Rito with sheepish eyes. The girl had long red hair done up into twin braids which reached her hips. She wore Hatenonean garb and her pale complexion told the same origin. She wore a white shirt with green lederhosen, and brown leather work boots which showed some time in the stables by their roughness.

Garvii Perception Roll: 14
---------

Garvii nodded politely to the Hatenoean woman and stuck out his feathered hand in passive protest.

"Well met, I am Garvii of the Tabantha Frontier. Perkins and I have completed a long trek from the stables there and are in need of respite so do forgive us for not being terribly social this evening." Garvii said hoping to avoid too long of an interaction as he hadn't the patience.

He did wish to avoid making a horrible first impression however so attempted to recover from any abruptness in his greeting.

"This is an impressive outpost I must say and your livestock seem in good condition. I'll be looking forward to assessing the camp tomorrow."

Misko was as close as he's ever been to escaping, which is to say every time, when he was rather rudely halted in his attempt. He was stunned, for only a split second. As a professional, that was a half a second more than he would have liked. He turned to check on his opponent's pursuit, to find the boy's weapon flying at his lower half. He was barely able to dip to the side as it caught him in the thigh and continued it's flight path back towards the owner. Again minimizing the damage like a master, but starting to feel it. Then, as his chest hit the ground after being tripped by the ethereal vines around his ankle, he cursed the short Kokiri silently. The pain from their thorns enraged him as he was dragged backwards, and nearly off the ledge altogether.

The very dexterous Misko caught himself with one had before being yanked off the ledge entirely by Rola's spell. Just as he had completely grappled onto the ledge and hoisted himself onto it, he processed what Rola had said about an Iron Maiden. The image it conjured in his mind was made all to real very soon after. In almost a mocking form, he stared Rola in the face once more as she opened up and attempted to envelope him with spikes. He screamed and backed away towards the mountainside as it surrounded him. He fought through the pain and found that he could move, however, and found his way out of the darkness. Going right through the illusion, but still not free of it's grasp. He felt the spikes as if they were still there. After he could see again, he looked around wildly to see where his opponents' were. Funny how quickly that went, from singular to plural.

I fucking hate spellcasters, he thought, blood beginning to soak into his clothes. The bottle with Kira in it dangled on a string at his belt. He had apparently deposited it there at some point, and into the folds of his robes his hands shot swiftly. The kid was especially fast, faster than Misko on foot even. Not quite as skilled as the thief in the way of climbing, but the way he was sprinting across the top of the ledge was impressive. And the biggest threat currently. Misko threw a single bomb in the young man's direction. It was about baseball sized, but undoubtedly could pack a punch from the sheer amount of black powder. Dragon could tell the second it was produced, it's automatic wick lighting with a tug from Misko as it exited his pockets.

Dragon also knew he would have to move immediately, or risk losing all the stamina he had regenerated during that little chat with Lakna Rokee. Misko then turned and dashed once more, his own well of energy quite apparent. And yet he still felt the tug of the horror behind him conjured by Rola. He knew unless he put some more distance between them, he would continue to be damaged by it. He was pretty sure at this rate he could outrun Rola at least seeing as she was still on the ground. She couldn't quite dash and cast, it seemed, or hadn't yet. So she was lagging behind by about thirty feet now. Had she not tripped him it would have been forty.
Dragon was absolutely focus on his target as he ran, it was pretty much as if nothing else existed aside from that bottle, that was dangling from the thief's belt. He needed to get it for this nice stranger he's just met. The fact that Misko tripped, fell, and bled was only met with momentary confusion since he wasn't able to see the spikes that ran through the dude. Regardless of that fact, though, he knew one thing. He can always try to break that bottle! Or at the very least, cut the belt! Now that, would be rather cool. If the bottle fell, and Misko kept on running, he'd have a better chance of picking up the bottle before that guy grabbed it! Yes! What a wonderful idea! Not foolproof, but dang it sure could work! All he had to do was catch his boomerang, and then he'd throw it again! Yes, absolutely!

The Hylian held out his hand, still focused on nothing but the man infront of him and the bottle that dangled behind him. In a matter of moments, he caught his boomerang with absolute confidence. Only weird part was, whatever he was holding was.. round. Not the shape of a grip. Also, it was a bit hot, despite the fact he didn't activate any blue flame.
Also it was making a Sssssssssssssssssss sound in his hand.

"Huh?"

The Hylian opened his hand, looking at his palm, only to see a small bomb in it. One with a wick that was very quickly running down towards the inside of the bomb itself. It even took a second for it to process, but when it did, ooooh it sure did. He raised his other arm so he could catch the boomerang while it was on it's way back. Then?

For the sake of being thorough, Dragon tossed his boomerang towards Misko as well! The boomerang was aimed towards.. let's say Misko's right calf. That was to keep him from running.. as fast, hopefully. And, to go with the belt idea, he ALSO tossed one of his shortswords! Towards the center of Misko's waist, aiming to stab into the dude's back v e r y literally, and also cut that belt in two! If that worked, it'd be waaay easier to to snag that dang bottle.

Then?
Well he returned the bomb to it's sender! Aiming it right for the back of the theif's head! Now that? That was to knock 'em over, if he's lucky, maybe even knock 'em out! Of course, this was all while he was still sprinting, if he didn't, Misko'd probably be out of range for all of this in a matter of moments!

Boomerang throw
To land: 1d20 +6 = 19
Damage: 1d8 +6 = 11

Shortsword Throw
To land: 1d20 +6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 6= 10

Deflect missile
Damage reduction: 1d10 +6(Dex) +5(level)= 16
For the throw
1d20 +6 = 20

Ki points, 4/5

Last edited:

The old woman smiled along with Oro's account of their state of mind. She did not judge, or even offer further speculation of the situation. Instead she sipped her tea and began to shuffle the cards.

"Thankyou for the opportunity," She said quietly as she tossed the overlarge papyrus over and over. This was the only sound aside from the fire, which was just beginning to dim a bit at not being attended. They were much too wide to be appropriate for playing cards, and cast equally large shadows on the table while they danced in Matilda's hands. Then after a bit longer than one might seem necessary to randomize the spread, she placed them in a neat stack to her right. Slowly she flipped three cards before her. All came out face up from Oro's point of view. In the leftmost spot, a gallant Hylian Knight was painted on the card face. He rode atop his steed in a parade, which seemed to be in his honor.

"The Knight of Cups... A practical figure, but one to be admired. Someone reliable, and in turn values that reliability. An ally, but for an equal exchange. That is what this one represents," She said, her long pointed fingernail floating above the card as she spoke. Oro noticed that it was painted sunflower yellow like the triangles on the tent. She moved it to the next one, in the middle. Here, a Minish sat on a toadstool, having tea and snacks to himself. Minish are tiny flightless fairies, even smaller than regular ones! The Deku tree had once told Oro that Minish were the guardians of the insects, and the grass. Just as Korok and Deku guard the forest, but that Minish were fond of magic like Kokiri.

"The Page of Wands represents the potential of a Hero on the start of a Journey. We are always the hero in our story, Oro. We get to decide if we are a good one, or a bad one," Matilda paused mischievously, "Or an exceptional one," She winked at Oro without elaborating on this card further. The next card showed them an image of nine rupees scattered across a table. On the table was a map, seemingly to a treasure. "The Nine of Coins, brings us back to achievement and gaining a prize. But here me in this, Oro, be careful that you are not to hasty to rush towards it. Patience is the only way to ensure you will get to claim anything worthwhile..." Matilda let her words hang for a moment. Then, sat back in her chair to see how Oro might react, while the old woman finished her tea.

Oro was captivated by the short display. Her wisdom echoed in them, registering as lessons. That same glint in their eye they often carried was in full display for the entirety of the performance. As things died down and Matilda waited for any form of response, Oro gave a confused stare. Their head began to tilt like that of a curious puppy. Sure they were amazed by the display but once her words hit them, they realized her mistakes. A quiet wind blew from behind them and they looked up. Apologetically they spoke in an almost disappointed voice, "Thank you for the reading."

They gave a short bow out of respect. When they rose they continued with the same tone, "It's great that I might meet a knight or hero like this to help me. But I'm not a hero. I've read about them forever in my stories and if there's one thing I've learned it's that I'm not them. I don't mean to overstep but..."

A wooden hand reached out and pointed to the card with Minish on it. Guardians of the grass and insects. Similar to roles of their own, as protectors of the forest. "The Minish there are much like me. They are amazing in the roles they play in the world, just as I will one day be when I better connect to the magic of Hyrule's forests. We aren't heroes, in every tale I've ever heard the most my people have done is give heroes the push they need to begin. So, if I strive enough, one day I can hope to start some great heroes on their journey! Or maybe the goddesses will bless me and allow me to travel with them and offer aid! Though fairies are more likely to take that work. I'd love to make a new story for this world or see one, but I'm no hero."

They went silent and began to take big sips of the tea having noticed that she'd finished already. Once done they smiled brightly, seemingly content with the fate they described. That was until they spoke up again once more, "Oh also I know this might be a bad time... but what does that word mean? Patchiance? Passhean? Patience? That one, what does it mean? You kept saying it but continued to speak so I never got the chance to ask."

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (Dex Save: 16 or take 11 fire damage and be knocked back ten feet. If you are knocked back you will not catch your boomerang. You will still be on the ledge if you're knocked back.)

T Taleek (I factored in 1d6 for this turn, please keep track of this damage for each consecutive turn after this one as long as the spell is active)
Rola kept at a distance, but her magic potency was still significant, even though at this pace and with all that was happening so fast she was beginning to fear that the thief could possibly get away with her friend. She furrowed her brows as the thought crossed her mind as she moved as quick as her little legs would take her. The iron maiden she manifested within Misko’s mind would cease its pursuit, possibly due to the young kokiri cancelling the spell or losing her concentration, but who could honestly tell besides herself of course.

As she got closer and heard the bang of the explosion from the grenade almost around the same time as the explosion, an idea would surface that would appear so simple to the kokiri she’d honestly would kick herself for not leading with this from the jump. Though she didn’t blame herself all that much given the fact with how it all happened so fast and the rush of emotions. She took a deep breath and raised her hand as if to do something spectacular, only to simply snap her fingers. At that very moment, nothing really seemed to happen, but upon closer inspection by either Misko or Dragon they’d notice that the fairy was missing from the bottle as if she wasn’t in there to begin with.

Another sigh escapes the lips of the kokiri before she goes to speak to Misko, she sounds slightly annoyed, but considering what happened earlier he’s lucky she cancelled her spell. “Alright tough guy no loot and no fairy either! Bet you didn’t expect us kokiri to have methods for jerks that get off stealing friends!” she points her sword at him with ill intent before giving another sigh as yet another idea springs within her noggin, leading to an innocent smile before she speaks up abruptly. “I’ll tell you what, though! Even though you tried to rob from this brave warrior and then rob my friendship, it’s come to my attention that you’re practically desperate to get out of this with something and I promise it won’t involve me grinding my heel into the back of your skull!” She speaks quickly before swiftly sheathing her sword before dusting herself off slightly. “So what do you say we make a deal from one worker to another!” She gives a slight smirk, it’s quite obvious at this point she has given up her want to combat Misko, though the sudden offer for a deal was also quite bizarre as well, though she certainly knew how to keep things interesting.

Action this turn: Used action to Dismiss Kira into a pocket dimension temporarily, and also moved her full movement.

Garvii: Woodlands Stable, Being Antisocial

"Assessing?" Said the young woman, giggling just a bit at Garvii's expense, "I didn't realize we was expectin' an inspection. I s'pose I oughta get to cleanin' stalls then," The cheerful stable-worker winked at Perkins, who shared a short laugh with her as she twirled on her heels and walked away. She glanced over her shoulder at Garvii to see if he would appreciate her humor, and the Rito could swear he caught a bit of flirtation in her eye. Despite her catching his abrupt meaning entirely, she kept the event playful as she exited it. Even so, the afternoon could roll on however Garvii planned it now that he was free of obstruction.

It just so happened as well, that Garvii spotted a jumble of broken twigs in a bush just off the path. The Rito spied it through the brush. He didn't need to go to it to understand it's meaning, as well as the indentation in the dirt. Something had been staking out the camp. Something more intelligent than wolves to be sure, but only slightly seeing as it didn't cover it's tracks.

Wernburger Wernburger (succeeded perception roll)

Misko was hightailing it as fast as he ever had from a heist. These two were tenacious, and dangerous. The way the young Monk kept up with him without a single moment's hesitation, and to Misko's horror returned his bomb to him. There was almost no time to react, Misko barely kept his footing as he forged ahead. Just barely did he escape the mouth of the explosion, which singed his cloak end's with it's flame. If he weren't such a master of evasive maneuvers, there's no way he would have avoided that deadly return-to-sender.

The same could not be said for the other two projectiles headed his way. The boomerang did indeed slice him as it passed, and the shortsword stabbed into his shoulder blade. Doing it's damage before clattering to the ground. The flying-bent-blade also soared back to it's owner once more. It seemed Dragon was getting quite good at that trick. Again Misko rolled and dodged the full force of the blows, but the little cuts were beginning to add up and he raged about it in his mind. Then, ever so slightly, he felt a weight lift off his belt. So light was this change that anyone with senses less delicate than a Thief would never have caught it. During his running, Misko chanced a glance down at his belt. The Fairy was gone.

FUCKING SPELLCASTERS!!! He screamed in his mind. Misko realized if he was getting away from this situation he would have absolutely nothing to show for it. That enraged him, and thus he planned a last-ditch effort. He spun around to face his attackers for a moment while remaining in motion, and quickly produced more bombs from his pockets. He realized he would be a fool to attempt a throw at the Monk again, and thus chose the mischievous Kokiri s his next target.

Due to Misko's ability to dash and fight, he had made quite a lead between he and his opponents now. Out of spite he chucked the bombs, two of them, and then continued his run. Sure, not dashing would give up some of his distance, but with two bombs headed Rola's way he was nearly positive it wouldn't matter.

"NOT A CHANCE, TREE-BRAIN," He yelled to Rola as he threatened her with his explosives. It was clear at this pace to both Dragon and Rola, that Misko would get away from them if neither of them dashed at their next opportunity.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (no actions required) T Taleek (Dex Save: 16 or take 16 fire damage, Dex Save: 16 or take 8 fire damage and be knocked back ten feet per failed save)

Matilda grew sad herself as Oro replied to the results of their reading. She looked at the little treeling with pity, but made no argument again. It was the old woman's job to simply report the meanings of the cards, nothing more. To insist upon their truth would defeat the purpose. It is one's intention that makes it real. If Oro denied them, that was indeed Oro's reality. A seasoned diviner wouldn't dare disagree with a subject's interpretation once they've heard the fortune. So all Matilda could do was answer Oro's question, and revel in their newfound friendship a bit longer.

"There's no offense taken, scrub, and no need to apologize. If that is what you see in the cards, who am I to argue? Magic is not science, after all, which can be debated upon until a clear answer is found. It is ethereal, by it's very definition," Matilda thought a moment on Oro's query a moment longer to give it a proper answer, "Patience is waiting for something without growing frustrated. Yes, I believe that's the best way to put it. Does that make sense?"

"Assessing?" Said the young woman, giggling just a bit at Garvii's expense, "I didn't realize we was expectin' an inspection. I s'pose I oughta get to cleanin' stalls then," The cheerful stable-worker winked at Perkins, who shared a short laugh with her as she twirled on her heels and walked away. She glanced over her shoulder at Garvii to see if he would appreciate her humor, and the Rito could swear he caught a bit of flirtation in her eye. Despite her catching his abrupt meaning entirely, she kept the event playful as she exited it. Even so, the afternoon could roll on however Garvii planned it now that he was free of obstruction.

It just so happened as well, that Garvii spotted a jumble of broken twigs in a bush just off the path. The Rito spied it through the brush. He didn't need to go to it to understand it's meaning, as well as the indentation in the dirt. Something had been staking out the camp. Something more intelligent than wolves to be sure, but only slightly seeing as it didn't cover it's tracks.

"Yes, very well then..." he stammered.

Garvii quickly averted his eyes upward to the sky to his surprise. It almost happened as a reflex. His time in solitude had not done well for his social skills and his rudeness as a defense had been so easily disarmed by this Hylian stable worker. He would have to watch his back around her.

Back to my journey. He thought to himself.

Noticing the signs of a spy through the brush Garvii investigated the area to see if there were signs pointing what direction it had come from or left. He noted his findings to himself.

I better prepare in case I'm getting here at a bad time.

Garvii was interested in making use of the Stamella Mushrooms he had found earlier. He searched the surrounding area for ingredients to mix with the mushrooms to make a special ration.

Before turning in for the night he found a secluded spot nearby to sit and meditate and perform his commune with nature ritual to attune himself to this new land. He listened in to the sounds of the forest.

---
Investigation Roll: 20
Survival Roll: 5

Dragon and Rola: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Outsmarting the Competition

Misko was hightailing it as fast as he ever had from a heist. These two were tenacious, and dangerous. The way the young Monk kept up with him without a single moment's hesitation, and to Misko's horror returned his bomb to him. There was almost no time to react, Misko barely kept his footing as he forged ahead. Just barely did he escape the mouth of the explosion, which singed his cloak end's with it's flame. If he weren't such a master of evasive maneuvers, there's no way he would have avoided that deadly return-to-sender.

The same could not be said for the other two projectiles headed his way. The boomerang did indeed slice him as it passed, and the shortsword stabbed into his shoulder blade. Doing it's damage before clattering to the ground. The flying-bent-blade also soared back to it's owner once more. It seemed Dragon was getting quite good at that trick. Again Misko rolled and dodged the full force of the blows, but the little cuts were beginning to add up and he raged about it in his mind. Then, ever so slightly, he felt a weight lift off his belt. So light was this change that anyone with senses less delicate than a Thief would never have caught it. During his running, Misko chanced a glance down at his belt. The Fairy was gone.

FUCKING SPELLCASTERS!!! He screamed in his mind. Misko realized if he was getting away from this situation he would have absolutely nothing to show for it. That enraged him, and thus he planned a last-ditch effort. He spun around to face his attackers for a moment while remaining in motion, and quickly produced more bombs from his pockets. He realized he would be a fool to attempt a throw at the Monk again, and thus chose the mischievous Kokiri s his next target.

Due to Misko's ability to dash and fight, he had made quite a lead between he and his opponents now. Out of spite he chucked the bombs, two of them, and then continued his run. Sure, not dashing would give up some of his distance, but with two bombs headed Rola's way he was nearly positive it wouldn't matter.

"NOT A CHANCE, TREE-BRAIN," He yelled to Rola as he threatened her with his explosives. It was clear at this pace to both Dragon and Rola, that Misko would get away from them if neither of them dashed at their next opportunity.
Dash he did indeed do. Dragon moved as quickly ad he could, reaching his arm outwards and catching his boomerang as he carried himself fotwards. As much as he'd love to intercept with the bombs being tossed toeards his recent.. Friend. Yes, friend, they're already buddies in his mind, since they're helping one another out. Despite that, though, Dragon didn't bat an eye away from Misko while Rola was making that peace offering. He wanted to catch that theif and..

Well
He hasn't given too much thought on what would happen after that. Maybe he'd make the guy apologize somehow? Seems like a fitting punishment for some random no-good crook.

Dragon, thankfully, had another blade handy, and he could stand to leave one on the ground. Why wouldn't he? When all is said and done, he'll just come back for it later. Now though? Dragon tossed his boomerang-blade towards Misko, again! If he can keep nickin' the guy, then he'll slow down sooner or later.. right?
Regardless, he did indeed toss his boomerang towards Misko's right side. After the fact, he drew his blade with the same hand that he threw the 'rang with, and then threw that towards Misko as well!

"Just stop running already!!"

-Dragon'd shout
After everything was thrown of course​

-Dash Action-
-Boomerang Throw-
For landing: 1d20 +6 = 26
For damage: 1d8 +6 = 10
-Shortsword Throw-
For landing: 1d20 +6 = 18
For damage: 1d6 +6 = 12​

"I... Think so..." Oro replied, not quite satisfied with that answer either. They say there a moment on their stool, teacup empty, contemplating. The Scrub's somewhat fluttery demeanor had now gone quiet. They thanked their new friend and made a respectful exit.

After all, evening was just about upon them and there were monsters that needed eradicated. Help that needed to be requested. So, Oro moved aside with the flap of the tent as they waived goodbye to Matilda and felt how the air had changed in the forest. With the sun going down a chill was apparent, and so was the moisture from the lake. It held heavy in the air while Oro gazed at the camp once more, appreciating the moisture. The Stable Woman gazed at Oro in kind.

Oro's sight then fell upon the new additions to the camp. A horse cart, by which an Old Man and a Rito we're setting up camp. Oro was delighted at the sight of the Bird-folk. Not only had they never met a Rito before, but this one was huge! By far the tallest and broadest person in the camp, and Oro was willing to bet all their berries that that's who had made that war-cry earlier. One can never be too careful, however.

Especially a Deku Scrub such as themselves. Small as they are, Oro wasn't going to get on the bad side of a giant Rito by pestering them. Therefore, they snuck around the side of Matilda's tent while the Rito was distracted. The Deku found a nice little spot between some shrubs, and made themselves at home in the ground between them. Then they watched Garvii, eyes barely above the dirt, walk around the outskirts of the camp doing some foraging.

A survival-oriented fellow, he is! Perhaps he appreciates nature like my family! Oro nearly went back on their plan to observe immediately, wanting to run up and share the ingredients they had gathered earlier with the Rito. But something inside them willed them to be... What was that word Matilda had just said? Patience... Oro would be patience...

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (no actions required) T Taleek (Dex Save: 16 or take 16 fire damage, Dex Save: 16 or take 8 fire damage and be knocked back ten feet per failed save)

Matilda grew sad herself as Oro replied to the results of their reading. She looked at the little treeling with pity, but made no argument again. It was the old woman's job to simply report the meanings of the cards, nothing more. To insist upon their truth would defeat the purpose. It is one's intention that makes it real. If Oro denied them, that was indeed Oro's reality. A seasoned diviner wouldn't dare disagree with a subject's interpretation once they've heard the fortune. So all Matilda could do was answer Oro's question, and revel in their newfound friendship a bit longer.

"There's no offense taken, scrub, and no need to apologize. If that is what you see in the cards, who am I to argue? Magic is not science, after all, which can be debated upon until a clear answer is found. It is ethereal, by it's very definition," Matilda thought a moment on Oro's query a moment longer to give it a proper answer, "Patience is waiting for something without growing frustrated. Yes, I believe that's the best way to put it. Does that make sense?"

Dex Save: d20 = 18 + 6 = 24 Dex Save 2: d20 = 20 + 6 = 26 Total HP Remaining: 22/38

Rola didn’t haft to ask nor do anything to know that she was getting under Misko’s skin and if her cocky little grin wasn’t proof enough she was loving every single moment of the exchange. It was no surprise to anyone that Rola found this whole situation downright comical, to the point where the two would hear the kokiri openly laugh before coming to notice the array of explosives that were thrown at her with obvious malice from the thief. But even whilst laughing and making light of the whole situation, Rola showed off just how lighting fast her reflexes could be as she rolled backwards to avoid the epicenter of the explosion. She was still sightly scorched which rewarded the thief with an audible screech from the kokiri, but her recovery from the explosion outshone everything else really.

A slightly scorched, Rola would pat at the loose embers upon her clothing before speaking calmly toward Dragon. “Well, he certainly doesn’t like losing, that’s for sure!” She’d look toward Dragon, who seemed caught up in the adrenaline of the chase, so she’d use her calming and soothing voice to get through to him, so he didn’t do anything else too drastic. “I appreciate you putting your own hide on the line for me and your loot, but he has nothing now… and you look hurt, so maybe just let the little rat run with his life while we try and recuperate, huh?” It seemed almost like magic with how calming her voice could be with what had just happened a few seconds ago, but as much as a trained mind could parse it, Rola was simply speaking naturally before she would turn to look back toward the sack that contained Dragon’s loot. “Besides, I’m certain you’re curious on what you’ve earned with all that fighting you’ve been doing. And on the topic of fighting, you’re pretty good at it!” She gave a laugh as she brushed some more lingering soot off of her clothing.

Last edited:
As Garvii did his scavenging he saw more signs of spying. Not necessarily straightforward ones, or frequently, but they were there. Patches of grass which looked tread-upon. Sticks broken unnaturally, and claw-marks in the dirt too large to be a wolf. It seemed as though the scouts were smart enough not to send too many at once, but rather the same two or three every few trips. Garvii's intuition told him it was more likely two, as three enemies greatly increased the chances of being spotted by someone in the camp.

Then something TRULY caught Garvii's eye which was not a simple monster infestation. A mark, on a tree to the eastern end of the camp. It was nestled behind some shrubbery, and truly Garvii would have missed it had he not been looking for food. In the bark of the tree, close to the ground, was a symbol cut by a knife. It was a rough circle, faced away from the camp. It was unmistakably deliberate, but not meant to be interpreted by anyone but the maker. Still, Garvii tried his best and looked around him to suss out it's meaning. He noticed that the marker, if followed through the tree, essentially pointed directly towards a family-tent behind the Big-top. Seeing as it was close to the stable-lodge, it probably belonged to the family directly in charge of the Stable's upkeep and ledger-maintenance.

Finally after another few paces, Garvii found what he was looking for. Two Hylian Shrooms looking quite delectable to a hungry Rito. His little exploration had also placed him very near to the strange colorful tent, from the top of which a strangle purple smoke arose. It twisted and danced in ways which denoted supernatural essence to Garvii. He was sure of it now that he was so close.

Wernburger Wernburger

Loathe as he was to admit it, Misko was relieved when he heard the Kokiri call off the warrior. The boomerang did it's job again, as well as the shortsword. Finding their mark in Misko's flesh and leaving him gasping for breath as he finally ran out of range. Had he not kept up his top speed that entire time, he would have succumbed to his new enemies. He made a mental note to never let himself be caught unawares again. And to get some better armor. The faintness he felt from blood loss would be sure to remind him of that note in particular.

At the end of the canyon, a dot on the horizon to the two adventurer's, he jumped off of the ledge. They them saw him ride past the edge of the canyon on his mount, heading north along the road. That was the last they could see of the despicable thief.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon T Taleek

Dragon was.. frustrated. Specifically at the sight Misko getting farther and farther away from him. He didn't continue running, exclusively because of the fact that Rola's calming voice had, infact, calmed him. To an extent of course, he still didn't like the idea of leaving this unresolved. But after a while of watching that dot dissapear beyond the horizon, Dragon just hung his head and shook it from side to side. He also placed the boomerang back in his bag.

"..I almost forgot about the loot"

He said idly..
Mainly to himself-
For the sake of moving on, Dragon raised his head and slapped his cheeks twice, using the both of his hands. He didn't want to be too hung up on this, but he'd have to get better to avoid letting people escape his beatings. The guy definitely turned around and started to walk again, towards Rola.

"Thanks! About the fightin' thing, I appreciate it. More importantly though, thanks for stopping him from taking.. whatever those monsters have at their camp. I would've been a bit dissapointed if I busted my butt for nothin', so I'm real greatful!"

There was a pause, because once he was infront of her, he extended a hand towards her. It's a handshake! Well, an invitation for one anyways.

"I'm Dragon! Nice to meet you."

Look at that T Taleek , a proper introduction!​

Last edited:
Dragon was.. frustrated. Specifically at the sight Misko getting farther and farther away from him. He didn't continue running, exclusively because of the fact that Rola's calming voice had, infact, calmed him. To an extent of course, he still didn't like the idea of leaving this unresolved. But after a while of watching that dot dissapear beyond the horizon, Dragon just hung his head and shook it from side to side. He also placed the boomerang back in his bag.

"..I almost forgot about the loot"

He said idly..
Mainly to himself-
For the sake of moving on, Dragon raised his head and slapped his cheeks twice, using the both of his hands. He didn't want to be too hung up on this, but he'd have to get better to avoid letting people escape his beatings. The guy definitely turned around and started to walk again, towards Rola.

"Thanks! About the fightin' thing, I appreciate it. More importantly though, thanks for stopping him from taking.. whatever those monsters have at their camp. I would've been a bit dissapointed if I busted my butt for nothin', so I'm real greatful!"

There was a pause, because once he was infront of her, he extended a hand towards her. It's a handshake! Well, an invitation for one anyways.

"I'm Dragon! Nice to meet you."

Look at that T Taleek , a proper introduction!​
The kokiri didn’t hesitate to take Dragon’s hand, in fact she more than happy to and as she did, she took extra care to inspect his hands as her brows furrowed and her eyes glistened with wonder before she spoke up meeting the man’s gaze as she spoke candidly. “Dragon eh? A strong name for one who is especially strong himself. I got to ask, though, is the crazy blue flames you omit from your hands a thing from wherever you come from? Or is it something you learned from your travels?” She lets that question hang in the air and gives Dragon a second to ponder it himself as she places a hand upon her chest before speaking proudly as she introduces herself.

“You may call me Rola or the great and powerful Rola depending on who you’re talking to! Oh! And my fairy friend who had almost got stolen away from me is called Kira! She’s sorta shy around new folks, but overall she can be downright adorable!” And almost as if she had heard Rola speak of her, Kira suddenly zips out of Rola’s sleeve, buzzing around the two before she chirps to speak up. “R-Rola can be a handful at times, but s-she’s really nice… and she saved me from that mean old thief!” she pauses a moment before giving a gasp, buzzing toward Dragon before giving an apologetic glow. “O-oh! And you were quite brave yourself, Dragon! I thank you too for being there to help me.” The golden fairy touches the tip of Dragon’s nose which feels slightly tingly, perhaps that’s just how fairies feel? But in either case, Kira would quickly scurry back into Rola’s person, which triggers a small laugh from Rola before she speaks up, looking toward the various pieces of gear strewn about. “So what are your thoughts on the haul there? You find anything you might want to use?”

She squats down toward the ground to inspect some of the contents, making sure not to touch anything more so out of respect as it's not technically hers. But her eyes do tend to wander over a few of the items, more so the bow and the long sword to be specific.

In case, another investigation check is in order: d20 = 16 + 1 = 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back