• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

__Space__

Fly me to the moon...
Hello!

I'm looking for a small group of people to do a slightly dark monster hunters roleplay (unrelated to the game).

Plot:
Our World is not as it seems. Forces of Evil and Good fought for centuries over the control of the World we know. For years Hunters protected normal humans from the evil lurking in the shadows. But 5 years ago, the monster started winning. They took control over The Institute- the heart of the Hunter Society, their main base and the only place that allows creating more Hunters. But the Hunters weren't destroyed.
They will fight back.
Will you join the fight?

Basically, a roleplay set in our time and age, but monsters exist and our characters hunt them.

I'm thinking this would be a group rp based on missions/goals we come up with and based on character interaction/development.

Hunters:

Hunters are normal humans untill they are officially "changed" into Hunters. After The Change, they gain faster reflexes, sharper senses and increased stamina and agility. They also become stronger and faster than normal humans.

The Change usually happens at the age of 17. Before that, candidates train for years, and if they pass several tests, they are "changed".

Monsters:

Monsters come in many shapes and sizes. Most of the time they are mindless creatures bred only to kill. Some of them are connected and form a hive mind. Some, the most dangerous ones, have some sort of inteligence.

How to kill a monster? Blades, bullets, traps- anything connected to blunt force will do.

The Institute:

The Institute was the heart of the Hunter Society. It was their main base of operation and a safe house for every Hunter who wanted shelter or protection. It was also the only place where Hunters can be "created".

5 years ago monsters took over The Insitute in a long battle. But there is a catch- The Institute had strong magic fields (they were, for some reason, turned off before the battle). Strong enough that the monsters didn't destroy all of them. After the battle, Hunters used that, and turned some of them on, preventing more monsters coming in- but also locking many inside The Institute.

The Institute is a huge building, with 5 floors up and 5 floors down. It has many balconies, gardens, libraries, rooms, etc.

Currently, a temporary institute, far smaller and worse than the original one, is being used.

Magic:

Magic is very limited on Earth. There are legends of witches and warlocks, but most of them are kid stories. Hunters can bring up magic fields (and turn them on/off) and enchant some items (but the spells are usually quite weak). Magic is rumored to be used during the Change, but details are unknown.

Rules:
1. RPN rules have to be followed.
2. Basic roleplaying rules, such as no meta-gaming or god-modding should be followed.
3. Please use real faceclaims or detailed descriptions for your characters.
4. Please contribute to the roleplay. The plot is a starting point, but it's our characters that will drive the story forward.

Character creation thread

I'm interested. Would the "bad" characters be sentient/anthropomorphized or do you expect all the playable characters to be hunters/"good guys"?

I'm interested. Would the "bad" characters be sentient/anthropomorphized or do you expect all the playable characters to be hunters/"good guys"?
I don't expect anyone to be anything. The monsters themselves are mindless, so unless someone wants to play a mindless killing beast, they'd have to play a human - but the alignment of that human and whose side their own is up to you only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back