• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Hudson's gaze met Leakhena's just as she angrily grimaced at him, prompting him to squint at her through his helmet rather silently. Despite everything he had managed to survive his shadow as well as the others' while they forged their own path from Vincent. However the demon might feel about that, he would continue to see that as a success and triumph. As Vincent asked his questions to Cassandra, the hunter remained quiet and continued to look at the fire. Thoughts of what was to come next were on his mind, as now it seemed that they did not have much further to the completion of one of their critical mission objectives.

"Nothing we can't handle." Hudson said with confidence to Cassandra. "Though the sooner we're done here the better. From what I understand even after we rescue Valeria we have much to do yet."

"Well, it is only proper to introduce myself, non? I am Queen Gwenaelle la deuxième de Chamoroux, last surviving heir of my family, and one of very few, if not the only Elven noble that remains."

Cassandra looked to Gwen, and smirked. "A pleasure to be in the presence of royalty, your majesty. And with the way time is fluctuating, as I've heard, you will probably have more elven nobility to rub shoulders with soon enough." she said, returning the regal elf's bow.

"Though the sooner we're done here the better. From what I understand even after we rescue Valeria we have much to do yet."

"Indeed. You will still need to locate the artifacts." stated a voice, forcing most of the group to look about. There, standing nearby, was Tariun herself. And this one was no magical apparition. No wavering form or slightly off coloring. This was the real deal, just like before when the group first arrived in the Abyss. And with her was a familiar face for Vincent's group. The fallen angel whom they had spoken to in the land of Gluttony.

"If you are wondering why I am here...it is because I felt it best to be here to speak to you instead of Xager." she stated, before motioning to the angel. "And I brought someone who wished to thank your group, Vincent, for what you have done in the land of Gluttony."

Takato turned his head towards the direction of the voice as quickly as he could the moment he recognized it. Though there was a chance she hadn't, Xager could've told Tariun about his questioning from before. Even if she hadn't, Tariun could probably notice that he was looking at her with dilated pupils, having waited this long to receive an opportunity to re-ask and ask further.

However, if she was here in the flesh, she likely has something important to say, and the others probably have more pertinent things to ask, not to mention the beggar who seems to have joined her. He'd rather let the others get their word in and let her speak her piece before he proceeded with his, well, somewhat self-centered questioning. He just, watched.

The instant appearance of Tariun surprised Leakhena out of her state of mind momentarily, and what surprises her even more is that she's here in the flesh instead of some specter. However, she looks angrily at her almost as harshly as she did to Hudson. She still remembers how Tariun completely ignored her before they entered Naraka; and while Vincent apologized and wanted to make amends, she still demands an explanation from Tariun. She knew what happened to her, she knew everything, and she still threw Leakhena into the mouths of the lions. That's not something she'll just immediately forgive, even if Hudson was being annoyingly disruptive. Tariun is ascended, she should've known better than to prioritize the incessant bellyaching from a man who'd no sooner kill them all in their sleep over one of her own people. Maybe it's because she's of gluttony that she was ignored, maybe it's because they always come last after every other type of demon. Dwelling on the thoughts of this supposedly being the case only serves to make her scowl harder.

Though her expression softens greatly as she notices the angelic beggar near her. Embarrassed, she sheepishly tugs at her coat's collars and lowers her head a little more in hopes he wouldn't notice her there. It doesn't work as from the corner of her eye she sees him gently waving at her.

Tariun looked among those standing or sitting in the camp, before speaking again. "Since this will likely be the final time that we speak, it is best to get things out in the open and settled before you venture into Vucrox. So if you have questions or anything that you wish to speak to me about, now would be the best time. Afterwards, I will open a portal to allow you to venture straight to the Canyon of Giants. It is the pathway into Vucrox, carved through the great wall surrounding Vucrox and walled by statues of former Abyssal Kings. This is also an oni village just near the entrance to the canyon, should you wish to stop there." She then looked to Leakhena, studying the gluttony demon for a moment. "...I know some of you are quite upset with me. In particular, my actions. I...will explain myself to the best of my abilities, and hopefully to your satisfaction."

Last edited:
"...I know some of you are quite upset with me. In particular, my actions. I...will explain myself to the best of my abilities, and hopefully to your satisfaction."
Leakhena steps up towards Tariun, not caring if anyone else had anything to say first. "Then how about you start with me then? Unlike the rest of my kind, I don't feel like waiting to be picked last anymore." she interjects sternly. "You knew why I didn't want to go to Naraka. You knew how dangerous it would be. You abandoned me and still had me sent there even though you fucking knew. I don't think I need to explain why I find you repulsive now for doing that. But, Vincent gave his reasons, and I suppose to be fair I ought to hear yours. So tell me, why shouldn't I just serve you up to Thorgran as a fucking appetizer right now?"

The angelic beggar's eyes opened wide in shock, and nervously they shift to Tariun.

Last edited:
The final time they spoke? Was Tariun moving on to take care of something else and was she through with guiding the actions of the group from now? It was a matter most curious to Hudson as the fact that she would provide no direction to their search of the artifacts when they were arguably a greater priority than Valeria ever could be. Even still while Hudson had questions he was absolutely through with the so-called ascended demon. While it could be said that Tariun was closer to angels than any demon, it still meant that her intents and wild plans could be seen as grey at best.

As he passively listened he caught how Leakhena was in the middle of some great tirade with the ascended demon, making for a rather interesting one-sided shouting match thus far. This did not come as surprising to Hudson yet still he couldn't help but chuckle to himself lowly over the little context he gathered. Did the poor creature get exposed to some trauma she wasn't fond of? So did he.

Mariette opened her mouth several times as more and more strange characters appeared, but bit her tongue each time. The sudden appearance of Tariun, a figure Mariette had never encountered before, was the most surprising of all, and the Countess shrunk back a bit in growing anxiety. Cassandra, however, had taken her hand and was holding it tightly, and seeing the others interact, especially the confrontation between the two demons, assured her that there was no cause for alarm. She didn't even reach for her weapons. As more context was revealed to her by listening carefully to the words of others, she sighed and whispered in Cassandra's ear: "this lot seems so much stronger than the Inquisitors in Grimtham. Just imagine if they can set aside their differences..."

The group had reunited, against all odds of them seeing each other again. But the Abyss worked in mysterious ways. That or the Gods have decided to help in their own way. Jakob had not been himself during the journey to the Land of Dead Kings. The fight against Hudson's, Venexto's, and Riberta's shadows, the attack on Sazak's castle, the murdering of his useless son, the revelation of Theodore's wife being here and Mariette's intention to stay here, it all had drained Jakob of his good humor. But for the sake of his friends, he decided to stay quiet. Now, being face to face with the group that had decided to continue on with Tariun's hopeless rebellion, he had to get back into action.

In the distance was Ser Edmond, away from the little campsite with no intention of speaking with this new group. The only thing going through his head was to watch over from the distance, for this was still part of the more chaotic areas of the Abyss. Not even Tariun's sudden appearance forced him to look at her, for he had little to say to the redeemed demon or the fallen angel next to her. Jakob, on the other hand, simply sighed and looked away. He truly believed that Tariun's cause was hopeless, and that she was chasing rainbows, but he still felt some guilt. She clearly seemed to be a good woman, and hell, he had fought plenty of uphill and impossible battles before. As she listened to the demon in Vincent's group, he took an opportunity to give her a soft smile and tipped his hat. Hoping to make clear that he had no ill intentions or thoughts towards her or Xager.

Tariun looked to Leakhena, and from what she could see of Tariun's face, she looked remorseful. "...You had to face your fears, Loque. It was the path you needed to take in order to fix the damage done to you. I was not going to whisk you away from there...coddle you like someone would a child. You were broken, and the only one that could fix you was yourself." said Tariun. She went quiet for a moment, before continuing. "...I had to do the same when I began my ascent. I did it because I wanted to be better than the heartless leech of a pride demon that I was before. I wanted to be what Kaizen thought I could be...He did not help me however because it wasn't his place to. He only offered encouragement, which I have done with you. You overcame your fears, and you ended the wretched existence of someone who wronged you so greatly that you never dared to speak of it to another. And you have grown. You have already begun your path to ascendancy...I know it because of the shift in your aura...it was the same as when I returned to my lord, and much like Xager's was when she first took her steps down that glorious path."

"This lot seems so much stronger than the Inquisitors in Grimtham. Just imagine if they can set aside their differences..."

Cassandra glanced to Mariette and smirked before whispering back. "Yes, they are far stronger than the Grimtham group. Setting aside their differences seems to be the biggest issue they have, if they already broken their group in half once. Fix that problem, and they could potentially kill demon princes...or stand a chance against Icons."

Tariun then directed her attention to the two new members of the group. "...I apologize for my rudeness. My name is Tariun. I am an ascended demon, and a member of Kaizen's Chosen...Kaizen being the Abyssal King that Taranoch overthrew millennia ago. The Chosen are ascended demons my lord chose to be his advisors." She glanced in Jakob's direction afterward and gave him a simple nod.

Last edited:
Mariette nodded. "Well met, madame. If you are a friend to my friends, then I shall be an ally of yours as well," she said simply, clenching a fist over her heart. "Doubly so, as your foe is my foe as well. The mortal world is turned upside down from Taranoch's schemes. ...I will assist in any way I can."

The razor-sharp glare covering Leakhena's horrid face fades away gradually the longer Tariun spoke. While she still feels quite strongly about her decision to send her to Naraka, she has to acknowledge Tariun has a point about having to come to terms with what ruined her. So, say Tariun placed her somewhere else while the others went to Naraka. Say Tariun kept her away from Irin whenever she got close. Say Tariun shielded her from all the evils of the Abyss while the others dragged themselves across the mud. What would that have done for her? What would that have changed? Absolutely nothing. She can at least see that, especially after having paid her home a visit. Recalling what Vincent and the others told her, recalling her past, and now understanding what Tariun's saying, it clicks in her mind just how much of a mistake she made sweeping everything under the rug the moment she got to the mortal realm. What made her isn't just who she used to be, but also what's been done to her. If she couldn't face her past and move on from it, she would've eventually died at Irin's hands being 'Loque', a monstrous person nearly as bad as the icons and not 'Leakhena', the kind woman her parents died trying to raise correctly with every drop of blood in their body. At least Tariun gave her the chance to face it with both eyes open and both hands free. There wasn't any other way, and there wasn't anything better that could've been done.

Leakhena removes her helmet and wipes her brow with a look of concern and embarrassment. She takes a deep breath before looking at Tariun. "Look, I... it's just, I didn't think I could bear it. I mean, I'm a cook, Tariun. A cook being sent to do a job reserved for heroes. I don't know... but, at least Irin's finally dead. That's... not bad for a cook, right?"

Meanwhile, the angel does a slight bow in approval. "It certainly isn't." he interjects before looking at the rest of the group. "You people have no idea how many lives you've saved and avenged now that Irin is well and fully dead... Including mine."

"Yours?" responds Leakhena rather incredulously.

The angel beggar leans closer to Tariun. "Perhaps I should show them." The rags around his neck are undone and the ties holding his kaftan are loosened, exposing part of his chest and an all-too-familiar symbol burned into his skin; one that makes Leakhena choke on her own breath in horror. It's the same one she has on her back, and looks just as painfully branded too.

“I’d be surely disappointed if we don’t get to see and fight a giant in the Canyon of Giants.” Senya uttered in an inappropriate moment, probably out of levity. She turned to Tariun.

“You know where I stand on your deal, we took care of the Abyss’s mess as much as possible, and now we’re going to finish this and get everyone back to the surface. And deal with what’s happening in the world. I don’t know much about your insurrection and if it will work or not, but may the Dragon Gods be in your favor. You’re going to need it. Personally, I’m all for saving the world from a Demon King.” Senya raised a fist in the air, confident and ready for the next battle.

As ever Hudson was hardly impressed by Tariun's words are exploits when it comes to her ascension. Certain deeds required more than just killing those that got you to be a monster in the first place. Absolution also didn't come from wallowing away in a cell or experiencing torture for every day of your existence. While the hunter wouldn't allow his past deeds to rule over him any longer, he was still going to hunt monsters to protect the innocent people that they would seek to harm. Perhaps Tariun's goals may be similar, though whether she would try to seize any power she could gain in the event of a successful takeover was yet to be seen. And what of that Gluttony demon? If Hudson's suspicions about her were even only half-true she would have to do far more than cry and kill her tormentor to be seen as a good demon. If such a thing ever existed or could exist.

"I pity your enthusiasm." he replies to Senya's excitement to slay a giant. "Unless Sazak decided to hide Velin's sword within that monster's ass crack I don't want any part in a battle like that. And even then I'd only kill the ugly bastard, not fetch the sword."

Beyond that he didn't have anything to say to Tariun or could bring himself to speak to Leakhena. Were he to perform a... verbal misstep it would not be the best for the group's tenuous unity. For the same reasons he didn't speak to Vincent either. Even if they were all here in that moment, there was no way in the planes of the Abyss that he'd apologize for what he did.

Whilst Gwen had no pressing questions of her own, she did listen intently to the words Tariun spoke about where she was sending them. "Mmh. Giant canyons, great walls, and Abyssal kings. Sounds like a citadel." She paused, stroking over her chin for a moment. "If I haven't fought my own, ah, shadow demon yet... and if I were one for grand duels and vistas-- which I am..." The elf let out a low groan as she felt a pit widen in the bottom of her stomach.

"Well met, madame. If you are a friend to my friends, then I shall be an ally of yours as well," she said simply, clenching a fist over her heart. "Doubly so, as your foe is my foe as well. The mortal world is turned upside down from Taranoch's schemes. ...I will assist in any way I can."

Tariun nodded. "I thank you, then. I pray we can stop Taranoch before he does something that can't be undone." she replied. Cassandra smiled, and spoke as well. "If the Countess offers her services, then I shall do so as well." Tariun nodded again, before glancing to Senya as she spoke.

"...Personally, I’m all for saving the world from a Demon King.”

"...We would be saving far more than just the world from him." replied Tariun. She turned to look at Leakhena, as she spoke to the fallen angel. They shared markings, both victims of Irin and her accomplice. She pittied both, really.

Riberta had remained quiet through the conversations, simply observing and taking in what the others had said. She had no questions at the moment for thr ascended demon, and no commentary to offer unless Hudson decided to be Hudson and say something stupid. She glanced to Vincent, and noticed that Seriphine was giving him cute glances and smiles. She cocked an eyebrow. Surprising amount of love in the air on this mission.

Cassandra, meanwhile, glanced over her shoulder between her and Mariette, looking back at Wesley whom was off to himself. She had felt him aboard the train the moment he arrived, and it brought back memories from Grimtham. Some good, most bad. She had turned him, and used him virtually like a play thing. Making his life a living hell. She frowned a bit, which was quite visible to Mariette as her face was a short distance from hers.

"...There's many things I regret in life, ma chérie. One of them being what I did to that dear boy." she whispered softly, her eyes moving between Mariette and Wesley.

Last edited:
Leakhena's fingers slowly trace the outline of the mark on the angel's chest just to see if it's the real thing. It is, and it's no different than hers. She doesn't want to or need to ask how he got it since she knows the sickening answer to that already. Now the regret over being so abusive for such a long time starts settling in. Never in her life did she suspect he was a victim of Irin and Karlel's, but the truth is plainly there; a scarred over mess seared into his skin. She's yelled at him at the top of her lungs, beaten him down onto the muddy streets of Tehom, and mistreated him all while not knowing he's suffered a fate just like hers. Her eyes start to water as they meet his. The angel acts quickly, putting an arm around her and looking to find a more secluded spot away from everyone.

"Tariun, Mr. Beaumont, if you don't mind for her sake." he says before he walks off with Leakhena in tow.

The two of them are now a considerable distance away with their backs towards the group. The angel still has his arm around Leakhena's head while she has her own buried in her hands.

"When... w-when did they-" her lips tremble.

"They got me a long time ago, Loque... I still remember it, all of it. The time of day, the lights, the smell... You already know what I mean."

"But, how did you survive that? How did you survive them?"

"Well, it's rather... simple." he looks over to her, smiling. "I decided to not allow it to kill me."

"... What do you mean?"

He shakes his head and sighs, thinking of a better way to put his words. "Do you remember just how... disgusting you might've felt after they had done what they did?"

"...Yes?"

"Do you remember trying to heal the pain with anything within arm's reach? Alcohol, money..."

"I do. I did all that..."

"I didn't. Having to deal with what they did, it was just as painful as you know it was, but I didn't let it kill me. I didn't allow what they had done to overpower me, turn me into something... else. With what little pride and strength I had left, I prevented myself from sinking to depths lower than they. To me, to succumb and lose myself in the horrors they subjected you, me, and countless others to... That's their victory. That's their triumph. You and I know they don't deserve that."

Leakhena doesn't respond, but her pensive silence makes it clear she agrees and understands.

"The truth is, Loque, dying... it's not just physical. But to forget yourself, to abandon everything you are over grief and despair, to become an empty shell filling in the hole your soul once was with whatever harmful vices that kill you slowly... that is a living death... There's nothing worse than to live as a walking corpse. You were dead once, Tariun told me... but I feel Irin underestimated... there's still life in you yet, even after all that's happened."

Still just as silent, Leakhena stands there staring at him in admiration. To think she's being told all this by someone she hardly ever gave much thought to, and to someone who constantly begged her for food and money nonetheless. "... How the hell did I not meet you sooner?"

"Better late than never, right?" He pulls down his hood and undoes the scarves covering his head, revealing a rather masculine yet handsome face glowing softly under the dim light of the 'sun'. Leakhena is so caught up in his angelic looks that she almost doesn't notice him extending a hand. "Zebulon."

"What?"

"Zebulon. Zebulon ben Metatron. That's my name."

Leakhena grabs it firmly. "Leakhena Vong, that's my real name... Not Loque."

"Redonian, aren't you?"

Leakhena nods. "And you?"

"Ebrieite. Perhaps the last of my kind..." Zebulon looks down for a moment before looking back at Leakhena. "Hey, I have something I need to give you." From deep in his rags he produces two weapons, and carefully hands them over to Leakhena. They're the sword and whip Irin had, but cleaned of blood and refurbished. "These weapons, I know you have some... negative memories of them, but they are unique and you won't find anything like them anywhere else. Irin's corrupted their use, but I know you will set them right again." At first, Leakhena's hesitant to take them, but slowly she takes them from him at his urging. The comment about Irin corrupting their use doesn't go unnoticed as she raises an eyebrow, but she can't deny how effective it is, so she sheaths it and hooks the scabbard to her belt. "Now, let's go rejoin the others, yes?"

"Not yet." she responds. "I do have something to give to you too." She pulls out her house key and places it in his hand. "It's not safe being out on the streets, and I know you need a place to stay... I guess, this is all I can do as an apology. For now..."

Zebulon pockets the key within his shirt while nodding. "I will take good care of it. I promise." He gives her a small pat on the back. "Ready to rejoin the others?"

"Yeah..." she says. "You know, maybe it isn't so bad after all... Maybe I do have some life left in me... Guess there's only one way to see if I do."

And soon the both of them reunite with the rest of the group. Leakhena no longer has any sort of expression resembling a grimace or anything displaying terror, but something seems to radiate around her, as if she's glowing along with Zebulon next to her.

Last edited:
Venextos had been a rather idle passenger as he and the group he was with travelled to the Land of Dead Kings, more so focusing on reflecting and thinking on a variety of topics whether it was related to the mission or not. It felt nice to not have to think about the Abyss for the first time in... well, a while. He thought of the food back in the mortal world and how he missed the wines and cheeses of Escaria; the delicate cuisines of faraway lands. His own study within the Sanctum and its many preserved works of literature over the years. He felt as if he could kill to sit by a fire and read in peace once more. After being so long in the Abyss, and all the trouble they had gone through, it seemed like a distant memory nowadays.

As they arrived to the Land of Dead Kings however, his own innate curiosity returned as he wondered as to what secrets lay buried in this region of the Abyss. His mind didn't wander too far however as he remained focused on the task at hand ever since they had departed from Sazak's castle. As he waited with his group for the arrival of Vincent and company, he was both eager and a bit apprehensive as to reunite with them, considering how things transpired the last time they were all together. There was also the added bonus of Cassandra mentioning her (rather deserved) infamy among Vincent's order, and his own potential reaction to that.

As Vincent's group arrived, nothing violent happened much to Venextos' relief as he stayed rather quiet as the group spoke to one another rather cordially although Hudson made it rather clear he was still rather headstrong about his own path but did nothing more than that for everyone's benefit. Venextos did, however, need to speak to one person in particular: Loque. Last he spoke to her it was just before the group had broken up and he realized perhaps he might've hurt her in that aspect.

And so, he approached Loque rather tenuously with his hands together in front of him and spoke: "Loque... I feel I must apologize for leaving you on such a note."

"Loque... I feel I must apologize for leaving you on such a note."
“Well...” Unlike earlier with how Leakhena snapped at Tariun, she looks around nervously between Venextos, Tariun, and Zebulon before figuring out what to say without losing her cool. Fortunately, after Tariun and Zebulon speaking to her, she’s not furious as she was, though she’s still rather confused by it all.

“Just don’t abandon us again, ok? Especially if it’s to do with Hudson. With the way Tariun speaks, we’ll soon need every hand on deck.”

"I agree wholeheartedly. With the situation as is..." Venextos remarked as he looked at Tariun for a moment before realizing that the news perhaps wasn't good elsewhere. "Tariun, how fares the warfront?" he then asked with a hint of hesitation, perhaps preparing himself for an answer that was less than stellar.

Mariette thought back at all of Wesley's actions during the investigation on Grimtham.

The poor kid... He came to that isle, unprepared, just the same as everyone else. But he lacked the experience for hunting - and the unnatural gifts of - the undead, unlike most of his companions. He was easy prey for the enemy despite his skill with the crossbow. I tried to help him, I offered to give him room and board at La Cygne once the inquiry was concluded so that he could start his life over as one of the gens de la nuit. How brazen he was, to turn me down. Somehow, he intended to continue hunting the undead. Perhaps he found gainful employ under the guidance of damned Lady Velin.

In other words, Mariette had a very low opinion of Wesley. As far as she was concerned, the boy only fell victim to the curse of vampirism because he was trying to make a sport of their death, and bit off far more than he could chew. "It's not all your fault," Mariette whispered back. "Had you not been the one, I have no doubt he would have gotten himself turned anyway... or worse. The wolfmother might be the terror of the dark woods, but she can't harm you if you simply stay at home when the moon is out," she reasoned, a bit cryptically.

Cassandra nodded. "Perhaps. It certainly doesn't help that I basically considered him a toy while under the influence of the Romanov blood...Probably scarred him for life." she said, her voice growing far softer as she whispered to Mariette.

She soon sighed. "...I should apologize to him, at least...Sooner or later. For now, you and current events have my attention." she said, before looking back to Mariette and smiling.

"Tariun, how fares the warfront?"

Tariun turned her head towards the wizard. "Far better than before. Azgon's forces have reverted to using older demonic weapons and designs, and more elementals are being deployed. Ralvas' forces have been pulled back, so there is a significant lack of pride demons in battle. There is also a lack of succubi and incubi due to Vincent's group's activities in the land of Lust."

Last edited:
Wesley was a few feet away from the entire group. It’s been a natural thing that he has picked up when he was under the service of warlord. However, this time it’s quite different. Even before he stepped out of the carriage and into the hard ground of the Terminal, he could already figure out the feeling of a familiar people who bring back a lot of memories to the Ninja’s mind, the first one was Mariette, which brought some surprise to the Ninja, even with his bad relationship with thr former count, he still considers her as the one who knows more of being a vampire, and with that he has his respect for her. However, he didn't expect the other familiar face to show up after years..
-----
Wesley was the first to be awaken from his sleep. He could see the crack of dawn coming from the windows. Luckily for him, they were far away from its glare, he merely sighs as his tension subsides. He then registers the feeling of a small weight on his chest and look downwards. Only to see the blond locks and the sleeping face of Cassandra. He smiles at the Vampire’s peaceful face as she continues sleeping. However, the young hunter would know that it would not last forever this way, the effects of her torture and the consumption of Romanov Blood has altered her mind and warped her personality into something akin to a monster. Wesley wished that if he could find a way to reform her, then he will find a way to do so.

While he was deep into his thought, Cassandra started to whimper and her hands balled into fists, her sleeping expression turning into one of pure fear. She was having a nightmare. He noticed her change of attitude and softly held her hand as she begins to slightly ease from whatever she was fighting in her morbid dream. After a few minutes she begins to calm down and goes back to sleeping. Wesley sighs a breath of relief.

“I can save her, I'm sure I can...”

----

“... I didn't.” The Ninja replied to himself in his head. Even with his tries to make her accept more of her human self and to find a calm in her, she would regularly beat him to a pulp or force him against his will if he didn't do what she wanted to do. He was a young man at that time, obssesed with trying to save anyone he could possibly can. Even those who are far gone in terms of morality such as Cassandra. His little mistake might have also costed Valeria's Inquiry their only shot on preventing Sazak the use of the ring. the more he realizes about what he has done, the more tighter the pain in his chest grows. He foolishly went into this life acting like a boastful hero, and ended up being a souless husk of his former self. he feels a heavy amount of guilt thats now been weighed upon his shoulders. no matter he tries to look at it differently, all of the major problems lead back to him. his what-if questions asking: "What would've happened if he just killed Cassandra during that one morning?" or "What would've happened if he never came to Grimtham?" Would he have prevented all of this? What would Valeria say if she met him face to face about what he has done?

All of this in tuned out as he listens more to what Tariun is saying but. No matter how much he tries. It continue to eat away his feelings inside of him, He decided to talk to Tarium to get this off his head. He started by removing the mask that obscure his voice and removing the hood that concelled his face and approach him.

"What plans do you have in store for the Abyss after Taranoch has been rid off?" He asked, his voice unbreaking and steady.

"Ah... Tariun?" Leakhena says, more than a little contrite after her outburst earlier. "There is one more thing I'd like to speak to you about before you go. It's important, and personal... but it can wait after all the others, I suppose." She looks over to Vincent, awkwardly solid stiff like a statue in spite of Seriphine acting all lovey towards him. "Vincent, I think you may need to hear this too."

"Well that's... good?" Venextos said to Tariun, scratching his chin in a worried manner. "Yet, I cannot help but feel that for however much we have wounded them we have yet to strike a decisive blow... how do we know they haven't started to actively hunt us? Or anyone else opposing them at this time?" he then asked, "Surely they are now gathering themselves once more to recollect their positions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back