• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

"What plans do you have in store for the Abyss after Taranoch has been rid off?"

Tariun turned her head to face Wesley next. "Return things to order, as it was when my lord Kaizen was in power. Correct things that have been altered by Taranoch and his Icons. Return the Abyss to its proper duties: Punishment instead of Chaos. The true evil, condemned souls of the mortal realm are sent here to be punished. As for those that Velin sends down here out of spite, we will treat them with respect and offer them proper places to live out their days. Not as slaves as the Icons currently use them."

"Yet, I cannot help but feel that for however much we have wounded them we have yet to strike a decisive blow... how do we know they haven't started to actively hunt us? Or anyone else opposing them at this time?" he then asked, "Surely they are now gathering themselves once more to recollect their positions?"

Tariun nodded. "Azgon is attempting to reorganize his forces, in a renewed effort to combat Ethraeil and his lieutenants. If Azgon fails, Taranoch will get directly involved in things...possibly moving to the front line himself to combat the Lich King." she replied. "From what we have gathered, Sazak and his loyal son Astraal have begun hunting Azathor directly. Azathor has moved from his previous position, and is now on the run. I heard that you and the rest of Hudson's group dispatched one of Sazak's sons. Well done, but I should point out that Sazak really only cares about Astraal. He...He doesn't have the best relationship with his spawn. Only Astraal has his affection. As for other Icons, Ralvas has been tasked with hunting you now. Be on the lookout for his forces, as you might encounter them soon enough after rescuing Valeria. Sekath is in mourning over the loss of her task master, thanks to the actions of Vincent and his group. Thorgran has been severely weakened due to being badly poisoned by their group, and his personal crops have been redistributed amongst the local starving population instead of being sent to Taranoch or Azgon. Sagath and Keggoth are now at odds, after Vincent's group killed Sagath's pet Zalmakul and framed the Icon of Greed. The Icons are on the verge of infighting, and proving to be failures to Taranoch. This is exactly where we need them to be in order to win."

Tariun redirects her attention to Leakhena afterwards. Vincent, whom had been dwelling over Cassandra now joining their party, looked up.

"Oh, hell..." Leakhena murmurs out loud as she anxiously rubs her hands together. She cautiously looks over to where Hudson is. He's still sitting there and minding his own business; doesn't seem to be paying any attention. Still, his presence there is alarming and makes Leakhena hesitate, but this might actually be the last time she sees Tariun and maybe Vincent too. What's on her mind has to come out or else it'll die with her and it will forever be lost. So she works up the nerve to come out with what needs to be said. Whatever it is though, it's something big enough that she's only trusting Tariun and Vincent with it.

"Tariun," she starts, speaking low and getting closer to Tariun so Hudson won't hear her. "What Karlel did to me, he-" She hesitates again as she decides to spare Tariun certain details, then grunts. "Oh, to hell with it all.... I have a son. Tariun, I... had a son..." She puts her hands behind her head as she starts to look more and more worried. She did in fact have a son, but not anymore. Not after what she did. "It's just... when he was born and I saw his face... I saw Karlel's looking right back at me... He- oh gods... He looks just like him! I-I couldn't stand it! Every time I looked at him, I saw him! I-I gave him away, Tariun! I gave him away and I don't know where he is! I don't know if he's still alive a-and starving on the street, or-or even dead! Oh gods, oh gods..."

Leakhena seizes Tariun by her shoulders with shaking, clammy hands. She snaps her head back and forth between her and Vincent as she looks at them with sweat dripping down her face. "Please... Please, if I die, promise me you'll find him! He's the only family I have left in this world!"

Hudson listened halfheartedly to Tariun explaining the ongoing war effort while he quietly stoked the flames before him with a deep black stick he had procured. It did seem like the situation was gradually turning to their favor, though whether that momentum could be kept was yet to be seen. A scheming demon in the resistance could turn the whole situation on its head at any given time, but once again Hudson kept that opinion to himself.

Yet he could not help but roll his eyes as he overheard Leakhena go on about her supposed lost spawn. Why demons care for their descendants at all puzzled him completely. Perhaps raising an extension of their wills allowed them to cause more havoc, he wagered. Regardless, he spoke up and weighed in.

"You gave him up nearly immediately after he was born." the hunter said flatly with his voice raised. "I would hardly call that your family at that point. If he's not dead he has no idea who you are or what you've been doing. It'd be like meeting a stranger that only looks slightly like yourself. Don't delude yourself chasing familial ties and acceptance that don't even exist."

"I would hardly call that your family at that point. If he's not dead he has no idea who you are or what you've been doing. It'd be like meeting a stranger that only looks slightly like yourself. Don't delude yourself chasing familial ties and acceptance that don't even exist."

Riberta spoke up finally. "I've been waiting for you to say something stupid." she said, shaking her head rapidly.

Tariun ignored Hudson's statements, before replying to Leakhena. "...I will use what resources I can to locate your son. You have my word." Vincent nodded as well. "Yeah. I'll see if I can locate him too...if I survive and get out of here."

"I would hardly call that your family at that point. If he's not dead he has no idea who you are or what you've been doing. It'd be like meeting a stranger that only looks slightly like yourself. Don't delude yourself chasing familial ties and acceptance that don't even exist."
Hudson's words make Leakhena visibly flinch and even causes her to stare at him with a pained expression, as if his words physically hurt her. She hoped he'd remain silent, but she should've known better than to expect anything different from someone such as him. There's no retort she can give back to Hudson no matter how much she tries to think of one. And while it's true that her son will not know who she is and probably wouldn't care, that doesn't matter to her at this point. All she wants is for him to be safe no matter where he is or what he's doing; if he's still alive that is.

There's a lot of mistakes she's made in her life, a lot of things she did wrong that led her from bad to worse, but the act of giving away her own son before she could even give him a name stings her the hardest. Perhaps, had she kept him, raising him would've stopped her from turning wicked. But she didn't and it may be too late to fix that. Yet there's still that chance he's out there somewhere. And if she does die down here, she can count on Tariun to find him, alive or dead.

Still feeling dejected after Hudson gave his input, she raises herself at least a little to embrace both Tariun and Vincent.

"T-Thank you... thank you both..." she says. "I owe you so much, just for saying you would..."

Meanwhile Zebulon looks on at the three of them. He's still weak after living off of Gluttony's scraps, but considering the nature of who it is she's looking for, he'll be very hard to miss whether they're in the mortal realm or somewhere down here with them.

"I can't do much myself, I'm unfortunately still rather weak... But I'll be keeping my eyes open." he says, placing a hand on Leakhena's shoulder. She gives him a weak smile in return.

Last edited:
"One question about your rebelion's plans after this is done." Henderson spoke up a bit "We've been wrecking everything and causing a good bit of chaos, which is fine and all. What are you doing after we've done our job exactly? So far the only thing I've seen this rebelion do besides killing and hiring outside help, you're very much welcome by the way, everything else has been you runing around and getting things for us. I suppose that's the postal services down, but what else? It just seems like you're replacing one chaos for another." The question was rather annoying in nature to anyone with experience in planning. The outsider butting in to question things that don't concern them. Except for Henderson's case, it very much did. After his meeting with Colette, he had some more alone time to think while she read through the report. He had two choices once this was done. Either go back to the surface and likely return to his cage or stay in the Abyss where he would have some autonomy even if the chances of dying were still high. By the time the train stopped, he had made up his mind. Now he needed to get ahead of the politics.

Tariun smiled at Leakhena, before looking to Henderson as he spoke up. There was a moment of silence, as she simply seemed to stare at the large mutant. Eventually, she spoke rather calmly and serenely. "...Xager has already informed me of your earlier statements, Henderson. And I believe I know what you are trying to drive at with your long winded query." She tilted her head. "You do not want to return to the mortal realm. You want to stay here in the Abyss, so that you may remain 'free' to do as you please. Perhaps even become a demon yourself to rid yourself of that malformed and mutilated body spawned from dark arts."

She paused again, still staring at the mutant. "...What I intend to do down here is exactly what I told Wesley. I plan to bring order to this realm, as my lord Kaizen did, using the Abyssal Crown. That means that demons will serve a purpose as they once did. To punish the wicked and corrupt, instead of creating their own chaos and discord. Instead of roaming free like they do now. What you want will not come to pass, Henderson, unless you venture far outside of the central territories. Far to the south, far to the north as we are now, or across the seas to the east and west. You may feel far more at home with those that believe in survival of the fittest."

Tariun's comment regarding those sent to the Abyss by Velin out of spite hadn't gone over Mariette's head. She exchanged a glance with Cassandra and then Jakob, but said nothing. Neither of them wished for her to stay behind, but perhaps now it would be a bit easier to assure them that she would finally receive fair treatment in the afterlife.

"Head to the outskirts of Abyss civilization for exitement. Understood." He nodded " Was it so hard for her to say what you just said?" Henderson responded rather elated that Tarium picked up on his intentions. Means they didn't have to mince words or fake pleasentries. "She's very bad at negotiations that one. If she just said 'We'll give you some place you can go and be yourself far away from our work' I'd have been very content with the answer back then. Build your nations, I've lived among them long enough to know they're bollocks." He paused for a moment before continuing on a related note. "I do like this body to be honest, but I do think I can make with something better." The mutant grinned "Why not something more demonic? Would be a nice change of pace. Do I have to drink someone's blood or will it come naturally?"

"Why not something more demonic? Would be a nice change of pace. Do I have to drink someone's blood or will it come naturally?"

"Outside of the Abyssal Crown's powerful aura, it will occur naturally...You will see when you arrive at Vucrox. The Abyss has a way of... naturally twisting and warping both humans as well as demons. The Abyssal Crown was made by Adriel to undo that." replied Tariun. "...I should warn you, however, that the Abyss outside of the realm of the Crown is...hostile to any and all. There will always be someone...or something there to kill you. Even the most powerful demon in history was struck down by someone else...Adriel was that someone. And you will find the skeletal remains of that powerful demon at the heart of Vucrox."

"I see." Henderson's grin dissapeared as Tarium gave her warning. "All things must come to an end and that is true for me as well" he shrugged "But I apreciate the warnings. Even so, I get to have the final say in my own oblivion. Much more preferable to being at the mercy of that armored wench. I'll make sure my bones make for a nice tourist attraction."

Hudson scoffed at Riberta's commentary on his genuine advice. "If nothing else I am brutally honest, even to demons." he stated with a shake of his head before going back to prodding the flames.

Tariun's ambitions for the Abyss seem to be pure yet horribly misguided. Given enough time he was confident that any structure granted to this cursed place would crumble again as it did before. It is the nature of demons to corrupt and destroy like the desolate land they inhabit.

If there was anything pleasant to take away from the situation is he wouldn't have to worry about that monstet Henderson causing chaos in the land of the living. Though he still had something to say yet again.

"While I'm not a fanatical Velin worshiper, believe me, need I remind you that the 'armored wench' is one of the most powerful beings alive right now? Much as I disagree with her methods she's one of the only figures standing in the way of the demonic uprising that could very well happen if we fail."

"Seems she preoccupied herself with spreading her own form of terror in the mortal realm these last few years whens she could have been preparing for just such an uprising... She slept through the Grimtham incident and now has once again relied upon others to do her bidding. She spoke ill of your wife, you know," Mariette mused. "She called her 'worthless,' if I properly recall. I don't know what you intend to accomplish Monsieur. We all know of her power, but that will not compel us to speak of her in any degree of reverence. She is horrid, and that is that."

Tariun eventually looked at the group as a whole, before stepping away from where she was standing, off to the side. "Well, I think it is time that I show you to Vucrox. I should mention that there will be a demon near the entrance to the Canyon of Giants that you will meet. His name is Vixas. He will be your guide in Vucrox's inner city. I have known him for several millennia...as he was also one of Kaizen's Chosen. After the fall of Lord Kaizen, he vanished...and I found that he had taken up residence in Vucrox as sort of a guide. He only acts to give directions...he will not assist you in battle. Your battles are your own." she stated, before motioning her hand to the side. And a moment later, a portal appeared from seemingly nowhere. The land on the other side of the portal was a bit different from where they stood. Dark orange skies and white sands, and a massive wall stood a short distance from the portal. Likely the wall she had mentioned earlier.

She then looked back to the group. Specifically Kassidy. "Kassidy, I have need of your services elsewhere. Bid your goodbyes to the group." she said. Kassidy rapidly nodded, before smiling at the rest of the group. "Well, it was nice ridin' and fightin' with y'all. Hope ya find Valeria and such. Rootin' for ya!" she said, before strolling over and standing next to where Tariun stood. "Thanks for your help, Kass." stated Vincent, before looking to the others. "Well...we better get going." he said. He then gently motioned for Seriphine to follow and started towards the portal.

A minute later, he had disappeared through. Riberta stood and stretched, before grabbing her equipment. She then glanced to Hudson. "Let's move, so we all can hear you bitch about Vixas." she muttered, before walking on towards the portal.

"Well you can't leave anymore so lets make sure we don't then." Henderson replied to Hudson. The portal opened up and he went through, not bothering to say his goodbyes.

Takato watched and listened on as the others made their questions and professed their demands, the hermit nodding as he did. The atmosphere within the party was once more as it was, especially with Hudson. He's sort of missed it, to be honest, especially the way the man can be inconsiderate to others. However, soon enough, Tariun was finished with her piece, and so too were the others.

As she opened up a portal to their next destination, Kassidy was separated from them and made her goodbyes. As the others slowly went through though, Takato had his own piece to make still. He approached Tariun, in a fashion indicating a wish for privacy.

"Tariun.... perhaps Xager had let you know, but..." the hermit began, "...I had asked her about the Abyssal Gate, or to be more precise, what degree of sin was needed to be allowed through them..." he stared directly into Tariun's eyes with his own dilated ones.

""...she hardly answered it, not revealing the event horizon, and only repeating the known facts... and for me, one whom deals in the spiritual, it was insufficient. Do you, Tariun, know the answer?"

Tariun could tell that, through his hermitic and oni aura, something was building up within Takato, perhaps something that even he couldn't fully express with words. A worry, eating at him; a crisis manifest; himself in potential peril.

Hudson nodded at Mariette once she retorted about Velin, trying his best to clarify his point. "I am well aware of all that. When I first met Cam she was convinced that I was an 'assassin sent by Velin' due to being in the Order." The hunter grunted as he got up from his seated position and affixed his sword back to his hip, kicking dust-like dirt onto the fire a he continued. "All I'm saying is like it or not, she wields incredible power and all insulting her will do is make it sting even more if she ends up being the world's salvation. I'll even go on record that announcing hunts aimed at the complete eradication of supernatural beings is how we get sovereign terrorist nations like Nocturne. It only makes the job of the hunters harder, endangers innocent people, and gives those hunted a common enemy to rally against."

When Tariun explained where they would be going next he sighed inwardly. Were they really going to have to deal with giant demons now? Regardless he began to walk to the portal behind Riberta, a low grumble following her and Henderson's statements. "Hey, so long as he leads us on the right path and doesn't try anything I suspect things will be fine. From what I gather he won't be shackling me with mind-affecting magic so I shouldn't have reason to kill him. Ideally." he justified as he entered the gateway.

"...she hardly answered it, not revealing the event horizon, and only repeating the known facts... and for me, one whom deals in the spiritual, it was insufficient. Do you, Tariun, know the answer?"

Tariun smiled warmly, reaching up to rest her hand on Takato's shoulder. "Takato...trouble your heart not about levels of sin. You bear not the taint needed to pass through the Abyssal Gate. The blood of the demons of old flows through your veins. You are Oni. Had you been a normal human, then the Abyssal Gate would have never allowed you through."

Senya bowed towards Kassidy in respect. “You’ve been a good member to the group. Farewell Kassidy. I apologize about that steak in your apartment and the milk.” Senya rubbed the side of her covered neck, turning away as she was ready to head into the portal.

“You’ve been a good member to the group. Farewell Kassidy. I apologize about that steak in your apartment and the milk.”

Kassidy chuckled. "Eh, don't worry 'bout it!" she replied as Senya turned to head towards the portal.

Tariun could see the dilation on Takato's pupils slowly fade, as he tried to muster a response. He had been allowing such a matter to worry him for the last while now, among his many other worries, but now, in this brief moment, all those seemed meaningless. He could only raise his hand over his mouth, and look to the distance, as he let her words circle through him. He could feel the warmness in her smile, as warm as any human's... she wasn't lying to him.

...but the very fact he was so attached to this worry, reflected to him his other concerns. Tariun could feel from his aura a realization made, though what exactly she wouldn't know. However, Takato slowly lowered his hand, showing he had gotten his bearings together, and in his eyes, there was an assuredness that was missing before. He looked back at Tariun, and gave her his own warm smile.

"...thank you, Tariun..." he said simply, before looking towards the portal and making one more remark, "...you speak of an oni village... do you think it will be fine there?" he asked, perhaps an ounce of worry still audible.

"...You speak of an oni village... do you think it will be fine there?"

Tariun nodded. "I believe so. Vixas has assured me that they are. Perhaps you may encounter someone there that can assist you further." she said, before motioning to the portal. "But the only way you may know is to go there."

Takato looked back at Tariun, smiling still, before bowing in front of her. As he straightened up once more, he spoke one last time.

"...I hope you manage to succeed in your goals, Madame Tariun," he said, before looking over to Kassidy, "...and I wish the best for you too, Madame Lillian Kassidy," he said with a warm smile and bow too, stating her full name to recognize the humanity in her.

He turned around, and went through the portal. What awaits them, or really, him, at the oni village?

As Kassidy was pulled away from the group, Gwen could only let out an amused breath, before turning her back upon her. She had little words for any of the demons as she made her way into the portal. The talk about that human god did give the elf some funny ideas, though. "Oh, please. If a god cannot save one race, I have little reason to believe that they can save another." She was even somewhat cryptic. "...But, it would be such beautiful irony if those that she had rallied her zealots against effortlessly stomped her beneath their boots, would it not?"

Leakhena gives Tariun a parting bow. "Goodbye Tariun, Kassidy..." Though she lifts a finger at the angel, trying to remember his name. "... and Zebulon, right?"

Zebulon nods. "Do not forget what I've told you. Rise above the evil that's been done to you; don't let it transform you. It's better to live life that way." He leans in a little closer. "That is a mitzvah, Miss Vong."

She bows to him as well. "I won't forget. Please stay safe, the three of you." she says before turning to face the portal. Meanwhile, Zebulon looks over at Tariun and Kassidy. "Well, time for me to go searching I suppose."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back