• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Do you believe us daft?" Theodore couldn't say anything to Rosanna as she turned to face the revenants and the dullahan knight, nor did he have anything to say on their escape. Frankly he was getting frustrated more and more by this inquiry. Everyone they lost, every dirty trick and irritation amplified by the machinations of the duke and his gaggle of extraordinary wretches. And now he has these two cretins stand in their way and give a warning straight out of some pulp novel? "The brain is the first thing to go and your state of decay betrays how long it's been. Do us and the world a favor and just lay down and die already you dogs so we can reach your master quicker." He readied a bomb as Ethraeil threw his spear. The same compound that melts through armor and shells that was used against ser Tristyn the first time they faced off.

"Espèce d'indécente aberration attardée, fout le camp et retourne dans le trou à rat d'où tu viens!" He cursed at them as he threw the concoction.

Camille eyed the knights as she slowly got off of her horse, drawing her weapons from her person as she stepped closer to them. "Far too late to be trying to intimidate us." she spat to them, only to turn to Theodore as he went off on the undead. Not long after Ethraeil threw a spear of ice at them. Not keen on throwing herself into the crossfire, she simply stood her ground and would ready herself for an attack on them if any were still standing after the volley of ranged attacks passes.

"We must be better off than we thought if they're trying negotiation at this stage," Francis mused as he loaded more incindiary shells into his shotgun. He didn't understand all of what Theodore said, but agreed with the tone, and fired off several blasts after the first bombs were thrown.

Castle Ellisgate - Castle Village - TURN 1
Ethraeil = 7. Does 3 DMG (Avatar of Death) to Castle Knight #1. Castle Knight #1 HP = 12.
Theodore = 7 (Calculated Risk.) Does 10 DMG (Calculated Risk, Man of Science) to Castle Knight #2. Castle Knight #2 HP = 5.
Francis = 6. Does 3 DMG (The Cleansing Flame) to Castle Knight #1. Castle Knight #1 is on fire. Suffers 1 DMG. Castle Knight #1 HP = 8.
Valeria = 4. Missed Castle Knight #1.
Aleister = 3. Missed Castle Knight #2.
Wesley = 5, 7 (Multi-shot.) Does 1 DMG to Castle Knight #1, 1 DMG to Castle Knight #2. Castle Knight #1 HP = 7. Castle Knight #2 HP = 4.

Camille = 9 + 1 (10, Infallible Focus.) CH Roll = 7 + 1 (8, Grand Duelist.) Does 4 DMG to Castle Knight #2. Castle Knight #2 dead.

Castle Ellisgate - Castle Village - TURN 1 (ENEMY)
Castle Knight #1 = 8. Does 1 DMG to Camille.
Enemy alerted. 10 Castle Knights incoming.

---
Before the vampiric knights were able to react, the group viciously attacked the pair. Ethraeil's spear hit and embedded itself in one of the knights' shoulder, before Francis oped up with his double barrelled shotgun at the vampire. The incendiary shells bathed the knight in fire, setting him ablaze. Meanwhile, Theodore's concoction detonated, bathing the second knight in a thick corrosive acid. It ate away at his armor, scalding his skin as well. Wesley fired off a pair of shots from the repeater he kept from the carriage, hitting both knights before Camille leapt in and stabbed the second knight in the throat between the spaces in its armor. Aleister's shots missed the second knight, but they weren't needed. The knight collapsed, blood gushing from his wound as the acid continued to eat away at the armor. The first knight, still on fire, decided to attack the closest thing to him out of anger. He swung his sword, carving a gash through Camille's arm as she retreated from the second knight's corpse. Valeria missed her shot, trying to get the knight away from the only member of the inquiry on foot.

The gunshots alerted whatever other troops the Duke had in the village, the sound of yelling quickly reaching the group at the edge of the village. They'd have to fight their way through these lowly minions to the front gate. As the group prepared to finish off the first knight, they could hear the rapid clacking of armor as other knights charged towards them in the center of the street. It was time to push on. Valeria took aim with her revolver again, firing off a shot at the knight at the front of the incoming group. "Let's put these creatures down quickly."

------
CLANG. The sound of metal hitting metal echoed through the empty air. Besides the distant sound of gunfire, it was the only noise heard. CLANG, CLANG. Two more echoes. Then, a loud groan, as a sword was plunged through flesh. "SON OF A BITCH!" shouted Rosanna, as she planted her boot in Tristyn's midsection. The armored knight stumbled backwards, pulling his sword from her stomach. She was growing weaker by the minute. Was she tired? Or was it the dark magic flowing from Tristyn's cursed blade? She didn't know. She didn't care. Both of them would be dead before this was over. It was only a matter of who died first.

She had already claimed a victory over Tristyn. Pure luck, of course. She had sliced his left arm off. He wasn't able to get it in time, as she had grabbed it and quickly tossed it into the dark well. She got a good chuckle out of it, after watching Tristyn rush over and looking down in the well for it. Now he was seeking payback. He came at her again, using an overhead strike which she managed to block just in time. Otherwise it would have cost her a head. She frantically backed up, blocking or parrying the rapid swings of the knight. Then it happened. He sliced off HER left arm. "Oh you motha..." she spat, watching as he grabbed her arm and tossed it a good distance away from them. He then looked back to her and gurgled.

It surprised her, honestly. Was there still some part of the knight in there, instead of him just being a mindless husk? She then grinned. "Real cute, tin man....Real CUTE!" she said, before rushing in to attack him just as he had done to her. She wouldn't prove as successful as he had, as soon enough she would be knocked aside by the knight as he delivered a kick to her spine.

The fight dragged on, for what felt like an eternity when it was only several minutes. She had cut him several times, even slicing off parts of his armor by hitting the leather straps holding them in place. He had done the same to her, but hers were more of the same. Simply clothes being cut, and flesh being carved open. She was weak, heavily panting. It was hell to just stay standing, and the sword in her hand felt like it weighed a ton. Tristyn looked as though he felt just as horrible. The gold on her sword was doing its job. Now she just needed to deliver a killing blow.

"Well...tin man...guess this is it..." she muttered, straightening up as best she could. The tip of her sword still sat resting against the ground, but she gripped the weapon as tight as she could. She could hear Tristyn gurgle in response. Sounded like a 'yeah' to her, but she was probably just hearing things. "...I'll...be seein' ya on the other side...maybe we...c-could share some stories...eh?" she said, smiling a little. There was a moment of silence between the two afterwards, before Tristyn moved forward. It was fast. Really fast. She barely had time to react.

And they connected. She shoved her sword upwards through the bottom of Tristyn's chin, the sword piercing through the top of his helmet. It killed him instantly, as his head disconnected from his body. It crumpled to the ground next to her, the metal armor making a racket as it clanked against the ground. She stood there for a moment, surprised she was able to get her weapon up in time to stab him in the head. A smile inched across her face. She had done it. She had killed the dullahan knight known as Sir Tristyn Protheroe.

He had also killed her, the dullahan cowgirl known as Rosanna McFadden.

She dropped the sword, as she glanced down to find that he had shoved his longsword through her chest. Straight through where her heart would be. "...W-Well...I'll be damned..." she said, before collapsing herself. As she lay on her side, she could see something move out of the corner of her now normal eye. "Great. Ya had ta play hero and get us killed. Nice goin'. Hope yer happy with yerself." said a voice. Her own. At least, the version of her she had seen that night after she was rescued. "...I-I am..." she replied, her voice barely audible. The other her didn't say anything after that, simply vanishing into the night air.

Last edited:
Camille withdrew her blade from the vampiric soldier's throat, flicking the viscera from her weapon. Just in time for her to be struck in turn. The huntress inhaled sharply as she was slashed in the arm, looking at the knight responsible with hostile intent. Wordlessly she stood straight and pointed her rapier at him, a gesture that served as a statement of 'you're next'.

Stepping forward she quickly diagonally slashed at the knight's torso, just to followup with another stab to his vitals. "We're not backing down, and we're not dying here..!"

Edmond looked over the low wall atop one of the old towers of Castle Ellisgate, his glowing eyes looking off into the distance as he could hear the loud sounds of gunfire down below in the castle village. Two powerful auras slowly faded into nothingness in the distance. Black Hollow. They had defeated Tristyn. They were going to stop at nothing to get to the Duke. Edmond knew this, yet he wanted to believe that there was still a chance for redemption. He knew Joseph for so long. He had known what a charismatic and venerable man he was before humanity had stripped him of what he had loved most. Maybe, just maybe, if he managed to see the mistake he was making before mastering the ring of Adona, things would be better for the world.

...Or maybe that was just a fantasy, and Edmond was still denying the inevitable. The ancient nosferatu looked down at an Elven charm that was hanging from his neck. He gently touched it, and let out a painful sigh as he tucked it behind his plate armor. He then proceeded back down into the tower, to the common area where only a few knights remained. Standing like mindless drones waiting for the enemy to storm the gates. Edmond also saw Blair sitting by herself, her twitchy hands working on some sort of explosive. She looked restless and miserable, at the moment. The knight hated seeing the small human in such a state, so he grunted and walked into a nearby room to get something.

A few minutes later, the knight was menacingly standing behind the little human, only his loud breathing giving him away. She promptly jumped as she turned about, looking up to see him looking down at her in such a terrifying way. But the nosferatu was holding something in his large hands....two tiny cups of hot tea. Edmond offered one to the confused Blair as he sat down close to her. The two were quiet, as combat in the village outside the castle continued. Edmond could see how worried Blair was, as she tried to drink her tea. Due to Edmond's... fangs, he couldn't drink like a human could. Instead, he simply opened his mouth and gulped the entire cup of tea down. It was a rather comical scene, and Blair couldn't help but let out a gentle giggle as the nosferatu put the cup down onto a little plater next to him. Then, he looked to her and smiled. "We've...worked for...nearly a year together, haven't we? Yet...I know little of you, small one...do you want to share stories?"

Aleister spared a moment to pull his white gloves off as the others spoke to the knights. A useless charade. Had he been in a different mood, some wordplay could have been amusing. He tucked his gloves into his pockets when the gunfire erupted, and he quickly leveled his pistol to get some shots off that went wide. Not that it mattered for the moment.

He had a fair pack of silver bullets left that should get him to the Duke, should his aim prove true. He would need every ounce of his energy for that coming fight, unless the Duke would graciously surrender. Every spell used here was one he couldn't use where it mattered most.

Readying his pistol again, he took aim at the charging knights. He focused on one and opened fire.

Blair sipped from her cup a bit more, before setting it down and rubbing her eyes. She hadn't had much sleep. Maybe an hour at the most when they got back to the castle. "Well, My name is Victoria B. Lockhart. I use my middle name, Blair, since Victoria sounds oh so dreadful. I was born to the Lockhart family of Braumwich, over on the Atracan mainland. My family owns one of the largest breweries on the continent, in the city of Coldale near the border with Trechtstaat. Ever heard of Lockhart Ale?" she said, before glancing to Edmond and raising an eyebrow. Eh, probably not. She shook her head. "Anyway, my father was an alchemist before he became a brew master. I learned from him originally. Then, when I was old enough...around sixteen, I believe...he decided to send me off to Daristein to learn from the masters. I had such a keen interest in the subject, so he figured I'd be better off there than at with my brothers making ale."

She shifted a bit, crossing her legs. "I spent six years learning at the Institute of Alchemy in Königstedt, before meeting my current mentor, Doctor Christoph Heilmeier. At first, I assumed that he was a simple archeologist. Then, after a few conversations, I learned that he was actually a former professor at the Institute as well as a former member of the Alchemist's Union. He offered to teach me more about alchemy...far more than the institute was willing to. I wanted to master it, you see...or just make things blow up, because explosions are just...fun, you know? I've been learning from him for...about two years now. I learned the art of trap making, as I've said, along the way."

She paused for a moment, taking another sip of her tea, before speaking again. "...How about you? I'm sure you have plenty of interesting stories, Ser Edmond of Sherida." she said, adding emphasis to his official title before giggling.

Ethraeil threw a bolt of dark magic at the remaining knight, a spell that would cause his organs to melt from the inside in a very painful fashion. Once he had let it loose however, he felt two auras go out back in Black Hollow. Ethraeil quickly turned and realized what had happened. They're both dead. Ethraeil thought to himself. Rosanna killed Tristyn at the cost of her own life...

With this revelation, Ethraeil only grew more determined to honor her sacrifice and continued his assault at the enemy.

Theodore lights the fuse of another bomb to toss to the incoming knights. Same as before, melt away the armor so the rest can take them down quicker.

Castle Ellisgate - Castle Village - TURN 2
Castle Knight #1 is on fire. Suffers 1 DMG. Castle Knight #1 HP = 6.
Camille = 6 + 1 (7, Infallible Focus). Does 1 DMG to Castle Knight #1. Castle Knight #1 HP = 5
Aleister = 7. Does 1 DMG to Castle Knight #3. Castle Knight #3 HP = 14.
Theodore = 10 (Calculated Risk.) Attempts to hit multiple knights. D6 used. Chance Roll = 5. Roll Successful. Hits two Castle Knights. Does 13 DMG (Man of Science) to Castle Knight #4, 13 DMG (Man of Science) to Castle Knight #5. Castle Knight #4 & #5 HP = 2.
Francis = 10. CH Roll = 5. Does 6 DMG (The Cleansing Flame) to Castle Knight #6. Castle Knight #6 is now on fire. Castle Knight #6 HP = 9.
Galina attempts to stun incoming knights (Shatter-Wail.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 4. Chance successful. Castle Knight #7, #8, #9 stunned for one turn.
Wesley = 5, 6 (Multi-shot.) Does 1 DMG to Castle Knight #4, 1 DMG to Castle Knight #5. Castle Knight #4 & #5 HP = 1
Ethraeil = 9. Does 3 DMG (Avatar of Death) to Castle Knight #1. Castle Knight #1 HP = 2.

Valeria = 5. Does 1 DMG to Castle Knight #3. Castle Knight #3 HP = 13.

---

Castle Ellisgate - Castle Village - TURN 2 (ENEMY)
Castle Knight #1 = 2 - 1 (1, Grand Duelist.) Misses Camille. Chance to Counter-Attack (Reflexive Riposte.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 4. Chance Successful. Does 3 DMG to Castle Knight #1. Castle Knight #1 dead.
Castle Knight #3 = 7. Targets Aleister. Chance to Dodge (A Vampire's Finesse.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 2. Chance Roll Failed. Does 1 DMG to Aleister. Aleister HP = 19.
Castle Knight #4 = 7 - 1 (6. Menacing Aura.) Does 1 DMG to Ethraeil. Ethraeil HP = 19.
Castle Knight #5 = 5. Does 1 DMG to Valeria. Valeria HP = 19.
Castle Knight #6 = 3. Misses Galina.
Castle Knight #7 cannot attack. Stunned.
Castle Knight #8 cannot attack. Stunned.
Castle Knight #9 cannot attack. Stunned.
Castle Knight #10 = 7. Targets Francis. Chance to absorb damage (Iron Man.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 1. Roll Failed. Does 1 DMG to Francis. Francis HP = 19.
Castle Knight #11 = 1. Misses Theodore.

Castle Knight #12 = 5 - 1 (4, Grand Duelist.) Misses Camille. Chance to Counter-Attack (Reflexive Riposte.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 6. Chance Roll Successful. Does 3 DMG to Castle Knight #12. Castle Knight #12 HP = 12.

------
The group quickly finished off the remaining knight, Ethraeil hitting the vampiric knight with a dark magic spell before Camille moved in for the killing blow. As the creature stumbled then attacked Camille, she easily countered his move, stepping aside and shoving her blade through the side of the vampire's chest. The vampire soon collapsed, falling to the ground in a burning heap. Meanwhile, the rest of the group turned their attention to the oncoming knights. Theodore's concoction hit its mark, bursting over two knights and coating them in the corrosive liquid. It burned through their armor quite quickly, as well as their skin beneath, as Wesley stacked on the damage with a pair of well placed shots. One more good hit, and they would collapse in no time.

Aleister and Valeria fired on the lead knight of the group, both scoring hits but not slowing the knight down. He charged in and thrusted his spear at Aleister, slicing open a spot on his side as Aleister narrowly avoided being impaled by the weapon. Galina used her screams to stop three of the knights, but it seemed that they were quickly shaking off the effects not long after she stopped. Soon enough, another knight moved in and struck Ethraeil with his halberd. Another cut Valeria with his sword, while one fired an arrow at Francis. His armor wouldn't block it, as it hit a space in his arm's plating. He'd fire off another incendiary shot in retaliation, lighting one of the knights on fire. Another took a shot at Theodore, but missed the short man. The final knight rushed in, attempting to stab Camille, but missed as she dodged once more and shoved her sword into his side as well. He seemed to take it in stride, straightening up and preparing himself once more with his arming sword.

Last edited:
Edmond looked to Blair as she told her story. The more he heard, the sadder he grew. A young woman like her with so many opportunities in life, and she was now here, trapped in a dark keep as a group of inquisitors approached to end their existence. But he didn't say anything. When she asked about him, he looked away for a moment. Lost in thought before speaking again. "Let...me tell you...a fairy tale then, little one." he said with a melancholic smile. "A story so fantastical, I wouldn't...blame you if you didn't believe it...you see, there was once a knight...tall and handsome, clad in shinning plate armor. Along with him were two others...an orc warrioress and a dwarf hero, who had accompanied him throughout most of his life...They had ventured throughout all of Adonia, fighting against evil doers, slaying evil creatures, saving helpless maidens and princes..."

Edmond's eyes shifted, drifting away as if he was reliving times long gone. His sad smile transformed into a genuine one as he continued to speak. "The heroes fought against all sorts of evils. Such as the dark lich Alakai...the Dragon King Urgoth...the corrupted drow Queen Marawynn..." He then let out a painful chuckle. "They had...crazy adventures...bested the Jarl of Nivarden in a game of drinking...wrestled with the Tsavanian warrior queen and escaped an arranged marriage organized by the sultan of Eshax." The nosferatu paused for a moment, his smile almost looking human. "Their biggest adventure...when the heroes fought alongside the elves of the north against Pretov, the King Slayer of Tsavania....That's when the knight met a beautiful elven prince, Lethariel." Edmond looked down, and let out an audible, yet dry laugh before looking to Blair again. "...But that's a story for another day."

Edmond looked away once more. He could hear the sounds of the battle outside. He closed his eyes, looking down towards the floor. His tone changed once again, to a more dark and somber one. As if he was holding in a lot of pain. "...The knight then embarked alone to fight...a great evil. The...living incarnation of...Vainglory. A powerful...unforgiving demon, so vile and disgusting...it needed to be destroyed, so the knight set out to find and kill it...he only fell into the demon's trap."

"...And the demon did...horrible, horrible things to the knight. But the knight refused to be broken. He refused...to submit to the demon, and the demon couldn't stand it. He was full of hate and anger and decided...to hit the knight where it hurt him the most."
Edmond looked at Blair. "...And the Elven Prince the knight loved so much was cursed by the foul being...But the knight, even after losing all those he loved to...time, he still lived....and he still fought, against all odds...He continued to survive. He continued to live...He saw all around him change...he saw...those who were once his kin change...into monsters. The knight continued to travel...killing monsters. Fighting to keep his spirit alive...then he met a great man. A kind man. A visionary...he gave the knight purpose. He gave the knight hope...but just like for the knight, fate can be a...cruel mistress...." Edmond stopped, glancing to a clearly worried Blair. "...I'm sorry, little human. I used to tell better...stories..." he said, with a small smile.

Blair listened to Edmond's tale, eventually looking downward towards her cup as he neared the end. Eventually, when he looked back over to her, she looked back up. The fighting was indeed getting closer outside, and it was starting to worry her. Still, she felt pretty bad for what had happened to Edmond over the years. "...I'm sorry...I shouldn't have asked. Painful memories, I imagine." she said, looking back down to her cup. "I'm guessing with the way you've acted around that demon over the past year...Sazak is that demon that cursed your prince. She...well, he...seems the type to do something like that." She sighed. "...Can you believe he tried to get me to make a deal with him? I didn't take him up on it, of course...promised I'd be the most powerful alchemist on the planet in exchange for some help in the future. Demons are never to be trusted..."

Eventually, she set her cup on its saucer, then started to stand. "Well...I should get back to finishing these traps. They'll be in here any minute, and we need to be ready, right?" she said, a happier tone to her voice to ease the tension. She smiled, looking back over to the nosferatu.

Edmond looked to Blair, as she stood and attempted to control herself. He looked down for a moment, before standing and storming out of the common area. Heading for Joseph's tower. The amount of strange energies flowing through that area of the castle told Edmond that Joseph was experimenting with the ring. But the nosferatu needed something. Some proof that the Duke Joseph Ashwood that Edmond knew was still alive inside his angry vessel. He didn't bother to knock on the door, or explain to the Duke's personal guard. He just hissed at them to move, pushing them aside with ease, before opening the door and seeing his liege in the room. "Joseph!" The nosferatu got as close as he could to his old friend. "They are near. They bested Tristyn...and the revenants. And soon, they'll...best the rest of the garrison! Please...Joseph. Open your eyes. The...demon played you too! Its not too late to...actually do better! This is not what Sarah and Morgan would have...wanted for you!"

The Duke, watching a potted plant in the corner of his study grow and wither due to the ring's magics, snapped about when Edmond came charging through the door. He stopped what he was doing, turning to face the tall nosferatu as he went on about the progress of the inquiry group. "I know, I felt Tristyn's aura fade. I also felt their dullahan's aura fade. They lost one of their best fighters in the process. He did a better job than you or Blair did at Buckshard." he muttered.

Then Edmond brought his wife and daughter up. By name. Edmond could hear Joseph's jaw audibly crack, as it shifted. "I told you at the lake. This is not for me. This is for the rest of our kind whom wish to live in a world where they're not persecuted by that damned Church, Velin's attack dogs, and the rest of the ignorant souls that infest this world. And don't you DARE use my wife and child against me in such a manner." His eyes were burning red by that point, much like those of the vampiric knights roaming the halls. "And if I suddenly changed my mind and decided not to use the ring, do you think those inquisitors will care? I am the architect of all of this. They will want my head regardless. And I will NOT bow to the likes of the Church, or Velin's mutts. Now, return to the main hall. Kill those damned interlopers. I want Sazak's puppet's head in a bag at my feet before the night is up." The Duke's eyes soon returned to normal, but furious look on his face remained.

Edmond looked upon his old friend, heartbroken. "Joseph..." Edmond wanted to speak out again, but the truth was that he was no longer the knight of the Duke. He was nothing more than an asset to him now. The nosferatu looked down, before turning and storming out of the room. Pushing the Duke's guards out of the way again. His arms were shaking violently as he stopped at the bottom of the tower. The nosferatu looked down at his hands. All of the things he had done for Joseph, all of the humans and vampires alike he had to kill in his name. The innocents at Buckshard. Edmond grunted in anger, as he sank his face into his hands. He had lost his purpose, and he desperately seeked to find a new one. He was blinded by his oath. By his duty. And now only the Gods could forgive him. He was going to die a villain.

...But he'd try and do one last good thing. He rushed back to the main hall, eventually finding Blair placing a trap leading down into the dungeon. He grabbed her by the shoulder, forcing her to turn to face him. "You...are not supposed to be here. You...deserve better! I won't...allow you to die here!" He began dragging her out of the main hall, and towards the treasury room.

Blair was distraught, and utterly confused. She was supposed to be setting traps to stop the inquiry group once they got inside. She struggled a bit, trying to get Edmond to let go of her. "What are you doing!? We're supposed to be doing whatever we can to stop them! Let me go!" she shouted, tugging at her arm. Still, the large nosferatu wouldn't release her. What was he going to do, take them all on by himself? He couldn't do that! She was supposed to be helping him!

"No, we can't stop them...little one. They will get in and...I'll..." Edmond paused, looking down for a moment, before continuing onward. "...I won't let...them kill you." He reached the treasury, and opened the door. He knew there was a secret passage that lead to the rear of the castle grounds. Beyond the inquisitors' reach. Edmond traversed the large treasury room, before pausing next to a torch mount on the wall at the end of the room. He looked to Blair, and gave her a smile as he reached up and pulled on the mount. It slid out of the wall, before sliding back in. Nearby, a part of the old stone wall started to move. "I'm sorry, little goblin...But the knight's fairy tale ends here." He gave her a gentle pat on the top of her top hat, then pulled her over to the opening and put her inside. "...But yours goes on. Don't...work with Christoph anymore....Be free. You have...so much potential. Please, do things for...yourself."

"Ed, you can't do this! You need help! We can beat them if we put our minds to it! Come on!" she said, struggling to be free from his grip. Then, he put her inside the secret tunnel. "Damnit! Please, Ed! D-Don't do this! I can help you!" She tried to force her way out of the tunnel, attempting to move past him. He simply moved to block her, or held his arm out to stop her from moving. A moment later, the wall started to shut. "EDMOND! PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS!" she shouted out. A few moments later, the wall shut. Leaving Blair standing here, beating against the wall in the dark. She was well past crying, her makeup running and starting to smear on her cheeks. "You tall, scary son of a bitch..." she spat, beating the wall a few more times, before eventually stopping. She stood there, sniffling and wiping her face on her sleeve for a few minutes, before turning about.

She could easily blow a hole through the wall, but that wouldn't be what Ed would have wanted. He wanted her to live, so she would. She sniffled a bit more, as she started to make her way down through the tunnel. She felt something poking out of the wall. An old torch. Easy to light. She drew a lighter out of her pocket, lighting the end of the torch and continuing on.

"Take care, little one..." Edmond let out a last sigh of relief. He gently pulled the Elven charm out of his armor, and caressed it. A faint smile appeared on his face as he touched it. He had managed to save Blair, and that was all that mattered. He now had a meeting with destiny. He was going to fight, and he was going to die. But he'd do it with pride for all his past accomplishments. Might the old Gods of Adonia watch over him, and take care of his immortal soul when it is to be judged by Velin.

Camille was on the warpath, dancing between blades with sidesteps and backsteps as one dagger was held tightly in her off hand. Each vampire she slayed was ended with a stab to the throat, the rapier that penetrated them twisting and forcing itself out in such a way that they were practically decapitated. While it was far from clean and efficient it was the best she could do in these circumstances, and her fierce gaze continued to look over the charging forces before them. As she looked on another knight made the attempt to strike her, yet she turned to one side and drove her blade through his midsection yet only managed to graze him. The huntress withdraws and flourishes her rapier, twisting her wrist to work out any stiffness as she attempted to drive her dagger into the knight's side, the rapier then going into his heart if the first attack found purchase.

The blade swung towards Theodore and missed as he ducked low enough for the blade to cut the air a foot above him. "Too high." Reaching for his revolver, the inquisitor was going to make the knight pay for the miscalculation.

The halberd had struck Ethraeil but it didn't cause any major damage to him, and with that he took the initiative to retaliate by throwing a bolt of ice straight into the knight's face as he tried to back off with his weapon.

Some of the ground was uneven under his feet, and it had cost him a small slice to the side that cut a fair slash into his shirt. He followed through with the momentum, pivoted and twirled, and leveled his revolver to fire several more shots into the knight that had attacked him.

Seeing that the Knight was about to fall, Wesley went into his pocket to find some more bullets, but to his misfortune, he ran out of ammunition, with that. he dropped his repeater and unsheates the rapier that he bought weeks prior, and charges the Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back