Howlin' at the moon (OOC thread) [Lunar Fury]

cyl said:
Sherwood said:
I must confess a certain fondness for the options available to me with Boreal, since one of the story options is to stick it to Walker in Darkness, and she has a major hate for the undead.
And she can try to take control of Kahak :mrgreen:
"Try?" Um, yeah, that's right. She would try.

So Kahak / Maleek ?!

I admit It would be much easier to play Kahak for me (pc is all done and ready) while I have to go crunching numbers to build Maleek (though I'd like to play a true bastard for once).

Unless you plan on giving all the new players XP equal (or close, at the very least) to the PCs who stay, you're going to have a pretty hefty imbalance in power levels. And unfortunately, from one angle, that can be somewhat unfair to those who stayed with it all. I personally don't share that angle as long as new people can come up with interesting and suitable things they've been doing to have earned that XP, but I can understand.

To be honest, I really don't mind either way. I kind of like the idea of a player-reboot that uses the same timeline and event where the last IC thread left off, because it gives us all a different viewing angle on the way Creation was shaped due to the actions and events related to the previous PCs. But if keeping the same characters is also more preferential to some, then it's a bit unfair to ask them to make new characters, especially if they still have a close connection to them. I'll go with anything, to be honest, as long as characters remain on the same power level (or really close).

Laundreu said:
Huh, missed it, I guess? Trowizilla's gonna eat me alive now.
Since you and Trow were among the original creators of the game, you can once again join in.

In order to keep things fair to all, I'm going to make it the official rule that everyone will be using the same creation rules with new characters, and the old characters may make an occational appearance.

10 players....

:shock:

Uh... so... How are you planning to handle the massive amount Sherwood? Split us up frequently or something? >_>

EDIT: I'm down with that.

A question: is it 20 BP and 50 XP or just 15 BP?
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe he said he was giving 50 XP and 5 extra background dots. So that should be 15BP as normal for the starting part of the chargen.

Okay so, I'll finish Maleek just in case... this way I'll be ready whatever option you decide. (I don't care about the xp / power difference much, even when it doesn't play in my favor... but I understand some players do).

Well, it makes sense, really. You don't want to come up to some ungodly tall building with an unbalanced setup. The far ahead people wll be like "I run up the side othe buildin!" an are immediately into the fray while the other people are like "Umm..i'll...take the stairs then...I guess" and never see any action.

The danger's more when two people are sharing the same basic niche - like, let's say there's another Full Moon focusing on close-range fighting, like Amina. One with 50 XP and one with 250 XP...well, the 250 XP build is just going to do everything better, period.

Not true neccessarily. One could be focused on Charm use or Gifts in Warform or Fury or MA or Melee, with or without stunting, etc.

To Trow and Laundreu, it will work better with new characters for the two of you. I want to be able to make references to the first party, along with the occational cameo appearance, and that would be quite confusing if there were two sets with the same names.

The large number of players shouldn't be too much of a problem, considering that I'm planning on having you guys romp around and have a fun play date with Walker in Darkness.

At least its not FAFL :twisted:

10 exalts..

bound to be a chance that Kumahachi help kill some of your character's shard previous owners, he help kill his shards previous owner...

though whether you remember is another thing....

I'm all for new characters dealing with the NWO that the last game created.

I do request that us vet's get to 'keep playing' our old characters though; that we still have some narrative control over them and that they not just be plot devices. I'm not talking like, 'U R doin it rong,' but that when we have ideas for them they get serious consideration, and we maybe get consulted sometimes.

Unfortunately my character's past is already pretty spoken for and one member of the party has already killed her (why do I keep ending up playing girls?), or else I'd totally take you up on that, Nobble.

Hey Trow', I got engaged too! But I asked her so it's maybe not as exciting.

Can someone explain to me the concept of "pro active commitment"... I mean... why does one couple need to formalize their union ?! (apart from the social pression and cultural heritage and maybe the falsy increased sense of security...), I really don't get it...

I'm happy for both of you anyway.

Wow. This game certainly attracted a lot of attention.

...Would it help if I withdrew? I mean, a Jadeborn isn't terribly helpful. I like the character I had in mind, but I feel like I might be deadweight, especially with a group of players that are so integrated already. :(

cyl said:
Can someone explain to me the concept of "pro active commitment"... I mean... why does one couple need to formalize their union ?! (apart from the social pression and cultural heritage and maybe the falsy increased sense of security...), I really don't get it...
Gladly. :) But please keep in mind that I can't speak for anyone besides myself really.

Social pressure is a silly reason to get married. Cultural heritage? Well that depends on how much you value such things and being American post-modern intellectuals, while my fiancee and I appreciate our heritages we don't let them dictate anything.

Any increased sense of security in the relationship is not falsely increased because you're initiating a formal contract, but it is artificially increased because you're actively creating it with an external device, an act of artifice.

But really, why? Well there's an amount of logistics involved, namely that it will make dealing with schools, taxes and health care easier as we move through life and especially when we have kids. We talked about it and agreed a while ago that we wanted to stay together for the long haul so these are not small considerations.

On a more human level, it's like coming out as homosexual (a poor analogy, I know, but the best that I can think of). It's one thing to know it in your heart and even acknowledge it through private action, but to say what's in your heart as truth, out loud in a way that other people get, to announce it publicly, means something. Thinking that you and your partner are going to stick together, knowing it and understanding that the ring and ceremony aren't what really matter, that's one thing. But announcing it and being pro-active about it (in this case through abstract cultural signifiers) is a different and in some ways more meaningful thing.

It means something to us, admittedly more than we thought it would. This whole dog and pony show isn't for everyone, absolutely not, but it's been good for us. And I think that that's the only really good reason to get married, if it'll be good to you and yours, if it'll mean something to you.

Gryffon said:
Wow. This game certainly attracted a lot of attention.
...Would it help if I withdrew? I mean, a Jadeborn isn't terribly helpful. I like the character I had in mind, but I feel like I might be deadweight, especially with a group of players that are so integrated already. :(
Aww... And I was enjoying the prospect of making sweet artifacts with our characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back